Knowify Software Reviews

Recommendations

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"It is very easy to learn, and use. It keeps all of our information in one place."
  • icon"Easy to navigate between open and outstanding jobs. Can attach documents all in one place."
  • icon"I like the ease of use, bidding and invoicing functions most."
  • icon"Searches can be difficult to return to. They lack pagination customization."
  • icon"Some small annoying glitches that pop up from time to time. Usually sorted out quickly and efficiently but annoying nonetheless."
  • icon"Customers complain about the invoicing, it's confusing."

Have you used Knowify and would like to share your experience with others?

All Knowify Reviews

SALLY

Very complete

We love Knowify

Pros

It has everything we need for tracking hours and expense

Cons

It doesn't have the option to request leave by employees

Reasons for switching to Knowify

This program is more whole

Kelly

Knowify Review

Pros

Fairly simple to use and set up and you can see all projects easily

Cons

Having to click around alot to find things

Reasons for switching to Knowify

Was looking for something to customize to our niche market, however, it did not work out

July 2016

This is how it should be and it's only getting better

Knowify is singularly impressive in it's ability to speak to both the complex and real time needs of contractors while satisfying the employee, office staff, and the accountant's requirements. Our office has tried repeatedly to classify this program, as estimation, project management, AR, job costing, etc. when speaking with clients, and ultimately with each new client we find it is more than that, it is simply the right answer for the right problem for contractors. Combine Knowify's ever growing list of built in (and truly astonishing) benefits, with a staff who are willing to take our's, and I'm sure many, users suggestions for improved useage and the result is a company you want to see leading the market.

Pros

By far the best feature of Knowify is that, with a seemingly simple but comprehensive interface, the program is intuitively generating more beneficial outputs, then we could first imagine.

Cons

At first blush the interface seems very directed in how one should use it, but we began, after working with the demo, to find it slightly obtuse when faced with little ideosyncrasies common to many contractors. So far the team at Knowify has not disappointed in aiding us with these minor hiccups, which tended to be a lack of understanding on our end about certain settings, and not the program itself.

Joel

Wanted to make this a priority for my business, but customer service is terrible.

A good idea of what I want. Otherwise, no benefit at all. This software, by itself, is a great concept, but the management team and the connectivity with my normal QB software is abhorrent.

Pros

Makes bids, change-orders, and scheduling easy. In theory - but not actuality - it should link with Quickbooks, which, if working, would be awesome.

Cons

Customer service doesn't take the time to determine what is wrong. There are several tiers of people who are trying to help, but they continue to give a quick reaction to solve the problem and don't really help. The program itself only links with Quickbooks occasionally. If you don't input information perfectly, it scrambles your numbers and can throw all of your books off. Getting access to human help is hard. The input work is way more work than the results.

Response from Knowify

Hello Joel, We are sorry to hear of your bad experience with our customer support. We at Knowify put an extremely high priority on all tickets and the majority of our customers will agree that this is one of the strongest parts of Knowify (as shown in many reviews on this page). Your specific case threw us a curveball, as you had deleted your access to Knowify on a Friday night. Our customer support team is made up of specially trained technicians based out of the US, so dealing with a non-standard issue in the after hours might take a bit longer, especially if we have to involve our tech team. Even still, we did have your account back up by 7am the following morning. Given that you like the product and the idea behind it, we hope you can work beyond this to try Knowify again in the future. ~The Knowify Team

Replied February 2018

Gavin

Great for the sub-trades

Knowify entered our business at the right time and it has been reliable. We've had our challenges navigating the options to find the right tools to use in each scenario, but it's been well employed since. Custom reports, automated tools, and a mobile event calendar would help knowify replace a few other tools that we are using

Pros

Knowify excels in connecting the user with the client in terms of financials. Contracts are made easily and change order management is a breeze

Cons

There are some inconsitincies in the UI where depending on the billing style of a project, different form fields are presented for very similar tasks. When creating a project, it's very important to know what information will be available to share to the client before attributing time or materials to the project. The calendar doesn't bring much value to our business where scheduling can be down to the 15 minute interval and mobile use is necessary.

Kristin

Industry: Architecture & Planning

I really like the software. It has made our invoicing system so much easier and job costing.

I have recommended it. Better organization of invoice tracking and employee productivity.

Pros

I LOVE the invoicing system and contracts and having it sync with emails its great! Also the employees ability to check into a specific job. There is a lot to like. Also your customer service is great.

Cons

The CHECK/IN -OUT view vrs REVIEW time screen for clocking hours. I would prefer it these two features were combined with a running clock on clock/in out view. Im really working on my employees attendance record and lateness so when reviewing hours for payroll purposes it becomes redundant when I have to individually "fix" their clock in times. It's clunky and a little redundant. We also had problems with the old app but the new one seems to be working better as well as learning to use the job board more effectively. Also a way to change the job they are working on from the clock in/out view. I personally like this view the best not so crazy about review time.

Game Changer for my company

Te main problem that I solved was time, now I have the bidding and invoicing in the same program.

Pros

I like the ease of use, bidding and invoicing functions most.

Cons

Imputing receipts and job costs. I am getting better at the process but I wish there were an easier way.

Reasons for choosing Knowify

Cost and ease of use.

Jenn

I really like how responsive the Knowify team is to questions and support!

Keeping close tabs on project P&L's is great with Knowify. Project Managers/Admin can pull data at any time to keep up-to-date on project costs. We like being able to use AIA billing through Knowify. Finding one place to apply all job costs to a project is great!

Pros

We all like how we have been able to provide ideas/needs to Knowify and see them integrate many of those into their updates and new options.

Cons

There are still some functions that area holding us back in what we are able to do with Knowify, specifically billing. We have been told that they are working on those options, but the sooner those are added the better workflow we will have using their system.

TAMIKO

Excellent customer service very easy to work with!

I really do like this software. It has all the features we need I just wish the time app worked better.

Pros

I like the job cost part of it and the Change Orders. How it gives the client an option to sign them and send them back.

Cons

The guys have problems all the time with the clocking in. The app. Is very slow most of the times and sometimes they can't clock in at all. If this can be improved it would be great.

Keele

Love the Software ! Best one on the Market ! New App is Great !

Pros

Tech Support is Awesome. I get answers to my questions in a timely manner. Company is open to suggestions on how to improve the program . They will customize reports based on my needs . They are always enhancing the Software to a more user friendly feel.

Cons

I would like to see more detailed Youtube Videos regarding how to use the software based on the current version. I would like to see more pop up links in the software "Click here to learn more "

Max

Great management software with excellent customer support

Pros

Customer support is second to none. Issues are usually responded to and dealt with, within the hour. Easy to navigate and intuitive.

Wagner

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

The only software for Subcontractors

Satisfied with where we are right now.

Pros

Great for companies that are between residential and commercial jobs

Cons

Needs to be a bit more flexible with customizability. Especially with Project calendars.

Kathleen

Knowify is an easy to learn software system

Pros

I like the ease of creating proposals, I love the new home screen. Knowify's customer service is top notch.

Cons

I would like the ability to enter zero when an employee is out for the day. Would like the ability to print the original proposals and change orders together. Customers complain about the invoicing, it's confusing.

Derek

New Building New Software

At my desktop it was great but going mobile I had to use the browser as the app didn't work for me.

Pros

Allowed us to track and manage everything on the larger project down to the penny.

Cons

My older phone didn't support the app for Knowify unfortunately.

Deborah

Superb customer service, versatile product

Knowify is great for producing Estimates, Bids, and Invoices on readable forms, with consistent T&C across all projects. Knowify is also great for tracking purchases and the use of materials on construction projects. As a consultant to a construction client, I found the software very easy to learn and use, with the best customer service I have ever experienced in software!

Pros

Easy to use once it is set up. Easy to learn, which is amazingly important! The dashboards are useful, navigation is reasonable. The customer service is absolutely superb! Quick response; helpful, clear answers to questions; quick turnaround for customization.

Cons

Currently the user cannot make any template changes to the base templates for invoices and other forms. All such changes must go through Customer Service. Currently, a company using the software may only have 1 template for each form. Right now, the software is most useful when linked to QuickBooks, though it can be used without the link.

Elizabeth

Concerns with Knowify

Knowify allows me to better track materials and labor. Overall, it's alright as a support tool but I feel it still has a long way to go. Knowify Support basically refers to the user manual for any questions - may as well start there before contacting them.

Pros

Allows me to have a front-end to Quickbooks and provides for a little better job tracking. We previously tracked jobs manually. Knowify also has some helpful reports.

Cons

When you first start using Knowify, it is not user friendly. There are many "quirks" in the system. We have submitted requested all through 2018 for some of these to be addressed. Our company cannot be the only user experiencing some of these issues. Using Knowify has helped but is still lacking for my purposes. Examples: adding another default phase for Subcontractors - the entry of this data now is awful. Support has not be terrific. Job numbering - if jobs are initiated in Knowify or Quickbookos, if the are communicating properly, the LAST number issued should automatically populate. This does not happen, even though Support says to mark it in preferences - it is flagged.

Ben