What are MeasureSquare users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using MeasureSquare software through verified user reviews

• icon"The wall feature is so intuitive. This provides the user with the chance to actually build a 3d version of the job while doing their takeoff."
  • icon"IOS Software is easy to use. Integration with laser measurer seamless."
  • icon"User friendly, even for someone who barely knows flooring estimating, doesn't have to be a computer savvy too. Each estimating process is easy to understand."
  • icon"At this point I really cant say anything that I dont like. There was a problem at times it would crash but I havent had any issues with that in a couple years."
  • icon"I hate that I pay for the new version but still use an unsupported one but some day I guess I'll have to make the switch."
  • icon"Wouldn't take the windows version on a site measure. If you make a mistake it is faster to delete the room and start again than to try and fix."

Browse all MeasureSquare Reviews

• Have you used MeasureSquare and would like to share your experience with others?

James - Sonata Group Inc

Almost all benefits from M2, it would just be easier to list the issues: #1. Accounting software integrations seem sub-par compared to in-house accounting systems. My boss is actually still looking into using RFMS or Jobrunner because the transition from takeoff to accounting is so seamless. This will not be a real problem for residential users, but commercial companies will find this transition to be invaluable. #2. Large projects are tough in m2. The system for scrolling through tabs should be simpler. The vertical list of all pages is easy to scroll through, but it would be nice to have it up all the time, more like a toggle on/off instead of click-to-activate. Also it would be nice to have a folder structure for the plan pages. "Architectural plan" folder, "Interior Design" folder, and a "Specs" folder. This is becoming more key now that you have implemented the highlighter: people like to highlight their specs and include some pages in the screenshots.

Pros

The wall feature is so intuitive. This provides the user with the chance to actually build a 3d version of the job while doing their takeoff. This is helpful in so many ways, but the main one is that it helps catch mistakes that could easily be missed if using a 2d takeoff software.

Cons

The product database system. It's not bad, but other companies have seemingly better solutions for this part of the takeoff. We need to display all line items on our bid: each parent item with its addons underneath. The only way to get this done in M2 is to build out multiple assemblies for each item type, with addons that are unique to their parent item. This resulted in a lot of time setting up, but that isnt even the issue. Our item system is just way more convoluted than it needs to be, because we cant simply create a "Ceramic Tile" assembly, and use that one over and over again. As a side note: not being able to have two separate items with the same name seems counter intuitive. We have found ways around all of this in Excel, but I would think that many companies could benefit by making the product database a little more flexible. I could talk about this forever, shoot me an email if youd like.

Reasons for choosing MeasureSquare

It seems to be a better product, but not by much. We are still considering RFMS because of their accounting software. You can access the item database from accounting directly from the takeoff software. This is really huge when it comes to making all of the post-bid documents such as Purchase orders and Transmittals.

Reasons for switching to MeasureSquare

Not meants for flooring takeoffs, no way to perfectly measure out rolled goods.

Robert

Industry: Building Materials

MeasureSquare 8 the undisputed"Rock Star "of Commercial Flooring /Painting/Countertop Software.

I find that whatever I am doing in the floorcovering world, M8 is the base of my workflow for estimating or presentation advertising tutoring; it's my go-to tool in 49 years as a flooring professional. Nothing is as dear to me as this software.

Pros

Measuresquare is a fast-loading mega powerhouse of Floorcovering estimating genius from beginning to end you can tell it was made by flooring professionals for flooring professionals. Anyone can start on M8 from the most basic "Box painter"all the way to power users and disrupters. All the tools for exceptional estimates and renders are available. The 3d render is a godsend for the 2d impaired visualizing complicated fascia and behind-the-scenes calculation on slab layouts . The ability to automatically attribute things like weld rod or cove sundries is far ahead of its time.

Cons

True mastery is not easily achieved like all thorough brilliant software (Auto cad, Photoshop, Sketch up); the sheer magnitude of options can take time.

Reasons for choosing MeasureSquare

M8 is created for flooring professionals by flooring professionals.

I like 2015 better

I LOVE MS2015... it makes my job so much easier and better organized.

Pros

I have so much more room in my office now that I don't have blueprints and huge files all over the place.

Cons

When I look at the new version I feel like I am looking at a beta version of software. I'm sure in the long run you have improved functionality but the the 2015 version just looks better and things are in places that just makes sense to me. Maybe some day I'll have the time to learn the new software but I just don't have time to learn all over right now... and I haven't' since it came out. I hate that I pay for the new version but still use an unsupported one but some day I guess I'll have to make the switch.

Outstanding software

The take-off and finish plans we provide to our sales force are very easy to read and we have had great response from them concerning how impressed the end-user is with the documentation.

Pros

The accuracy of the take-off, the take-off documents that are generated by the software are extremely easy to read.

Cons

I have been using the Measure Square software for many years and any features that I felt needed improvement have been addressed in the latest version. I can honestly say I have no complaints.

Reasons for choosing MeasureSquare

Even though Calidus is a very good product and widely used I fell that Measure Square was a superior product.

Tony

The Best Software from the Best in The Business

I have been working with the software created for this company for the last 10 years, and always our company has been successful with our Estimated-Working Projects. There has been difficulties i cant not ignore that , but always this company has been there to help us. The M217 is a complete program because the constant customization of the software and the diversity of the estimates able to execute with details in price, products quantities, labor, Diagrams in 2D & 3D ,etc. is all you can need to produce a professional presentation and the most important RESULTS. For Commercial use i recommend this software 100 %

Pros

Software easy to work with. Costumer Service the best in the Business. Video Tutorials Great Help Company listen to all the concerns carry with the Construction Business and resolve mostly of the problems into their reach. Developers always are on top of the details to make MeasureSquare the best in the business. Customization of product Professional looking diagrams and worksheets Estimates all types flooring materials

Cons

Every time an update is out, a new folder is create in the Documents Folder and we loose time copy and paste from the older folder to the new one the takeoff already done.

Eli

Could Not Live Without Measure Square

I have been using measure square for over 5 years now and It only gets better and better every year.

Pros

I like that I can whip up a flooring estimate fast, on the spot and close the sale with in minutes.

Cons

I feel that data entry could be easier on the standalone tablet version, names, addresses etc

Reasons for choosing MeasureSquare

The stand alone Works on Android or iPad making it easy to train new sales reps in the field without having to buy new hardware all the time.

Cody

The ONLY modern flooring estimation solution.

I love measure square. It is the only flooring estimation software that does everything you would expect a takeoff software to do, and much more. Take a look at the screenshots, and you will quickly find there is none like it, except for Callidus, which is so outdated it makes me snore to look at screenshots.

Pros

- This product is the only complete flooring estimation software I have found, and I've tried them ALL. - AutoCAD-like style of drawing and taking off. - Instant estimation when you drop a product into a room. - Fine tuning to get the exact layout you desire. - Never had any problems with the scaling of PDF or CAD plans. - The developers are constantly releasing updates.

Cons

- Estimation for rolled goods still needs a little bit of work. Support has told me they are working to fix the issue I had with it, so I am confident this con will change. - Some updates remove/change functionality that you may have grown used to. But all you have to do is talk to support and they will get you taken care of.

Alexander

My measure square experience.

Measure for me has been a double edge sword. I have some issues. I hope and pray upper management and the powers that be get them worked out. But overall completely changed my company. And the presentation to my customers amazing. I have every plan on remaining a measure square customer. Recommend them to other companies that I associate with. As frustrated as I can get and changes that I think need to be made. It’s the support staff and technical support hands down that keep my business. I truly do love the overall feel and look of this software. I researched a ton. This still remains my number one choice.

Pros

Hands down the accuracy of our floor plans and measurements. The accuracy of our material ordering. Enabling us to come in lower than our competitors and the professionalism and how impressed our customers are with the software and diagrams

Cons

Very upset measure square does not support iOS!!! And you would think by know you guys would have evolved into incorporating iOS. Desktop version making me purchase another software program windows program parallel just to be able to run my measure square. And I’m always having issues. Second your software from one aspect is user friendly and then is completely frustrating. Especially the desktop version. I am not a computer wiz although I know my way around the office. Most of my software I can problem solve. Not measure square very difficult. Think god for an amazing support staff. I cannot say enough about the support team at measure square. They put up with my attitude and my frustration. Never hang up the phone or have an attitude even when I’m completely pissed off. Calm me down walk me through make me understand what I’m doing. Then all of the sudden the software seems completely user friendly.

Reasons for choosing MeasureSquare

Omg so many other companies wanted us to by there iPads there computers. Eliminate my entire quick books program. I just purchased brand new 12.9 iPad pros. Was nicer by far the garbage they where pushing and wanted me to trade in. Second was the appearance of the product. Measure square when I’m done with my measure dropping in my product and labor lines. When I email to my client just a much more professional look. By far better than your competition.

Reasons for switching to MeasureSquare

A really good friend of mine who was using measure with his company when you guys first started recommended you. He is now the regional manager at floor & Decore and is leaving to run my concrete refinishing division. He just got his new iPad and disto he loved measure square back then. He is in shock what it looks like now. He actually helped you guys with some design features was working closely with measure square. It was a great recommendation.

Andy

I have used/tried four different estimating software for flooring and MeasureSquare is the best one.

Overall a great product with great people developing the product.

Pros

Able to complete takeoffs in a precise, efficient manner. The door tool alone makes this product a more efficient use of time. The customer service/technical support is really second to none as well. When we have any questions about how to do something within the software, the response time has been great. Plus, we feel that our concerns are heard in that when we make a suggestion, an update comes out that includes the suggestion we made. We appreciate how the product is constantly evolving in an attempt to make our jobs as estimators easier.

Cons

Technically, for me, the product does not allow for me to pan left/right and up/down the way that I would like to.

Christopher

DeSoto Floor Covering's Secret Weapon

Love it! I don't know what I would do without it. When I think of an idea and look into whether its offered in the software, then 98% of the time its already either available or its being worked on. I am actually not likely to tell my competitors as much about it in this market because I do feel it gives me an advantage over them.

Pros

I cant really say because there are so many, but if I'm made to pick a couple it would be estimating roll goods and perimeter products.

Cons

I don't like how you have to buy several licenses as you go. I wish that older customers could get better pricing and that additional users cost less and less.

Reasons for choosing MeasureSquare

Integration has probably been more of a retention reason than initial reason for signing up. MeasureSquare just just seemed to fit my though process. The interface was friendly and attractive. It checked all the boxes and even pushed me to learn more =. Very happy and thanks for offering the product!

Reasons for switching to MeasureSquare

Was still looking into what was best for me.

Wayne

January 2016

Sr Estimator

Pros

I have been in the flooring industry for many years and have used all the software programs on the market, my choice is Measure Square because of its efficiency and ease of use and has been for several years now. Their customer service is excellent, they are always available and give you the attention needed.

Noel

Industry: Building Materials

Residential Estimating Review

Overall, MeasureSquare is great, but there is definitely room to improve for the reasons I stated above. The old version of MeasureSquare did not snap to points when tracing prints so I'm not sure why the new version was made to do that. I would have thought this would be an optional setting but apparently it is not. I have contacted you regarding this and was told this cannot be changed. A lot of time is wasted trying to fix this on every print. Not very efficient.

Pros

It is fairly easy to figure out how things work in it. I like being able to alter material sizes and colors and waste factors and customizing drawing lines and colors.

Cons

1) I do NOT like how the program automatically snaps you to certain points while tracing a floor plan. I have to constantly zoom in to get to the point on the line that I want to click on - the program is constantly wanting to go to a point that I do not want to go to. This wastes a lot of time. 2) #2 Time Waster: During importing prints, you have to scale each page separately. You cannot scale the entire print (multiple pages) at once. 3) I would like if we could draw floating corner benches/seats in showers in 3D. That is the only reason we cannot use this program for 3D drawings. We would LOVE to be able to use one program for all of our drawing needs instead of using two!

Joyette

January 2016

Best flooring estimating software you can find

Pros

- user friendly, even for someone who barely knows flooring estimating, doesn't have to be a computer savvy too - each estimating process is easy to understand - worksheet is pretty simple and not confusing compared to other estimating software - there are different options on how you can estimate a particular product so ones you get the hang of it, you can choose to use what best works for you - so many time saving features that help you produce more estimates

Cons

I have a wishlist instead; first being able to show and estimate protruding walls or niches on walls without using takeoff tool, being able to estimate uneven height of walls from wall properties, and show the actual images of carpet as well instead of just tiles - useful for large jobs like hotels and hospitals

Bob

Measure Square works great for our take off needs!

Basically the ease of use, accuracy and speed with which we can produce a finished take off, has been a great help to our company. Thank you Measure Square for spending the time and effort to develop a software that actually works well to save time and money!

Pros

Being a floor covering contractor one of the most helpful things we found with the software is its ability to give accurate waste figures for sheet goods like carpet & vinyl. It actually fits all of the cuts into the roll, eliminating shortages or overages in estimating and production. This especially important where the product may have a large pattern match or odd shapes that drive up the waste factors.

Cons

One thing we would like to see improved with this software is in the "notes" section, an added feature to highlight and cloud items would be very helpful. We have spoken to Customer Support about this and they have assured us that they are in fact currently working on this feature.

Reasons for switching to MeasureSquare

Vu 360 is an older free system that the owners indicated that they were not interested in updating. The extra cost to switch to Measure Square which had the features we were looking for, has proven to be the right choice.

Darren

Great product developed by wonderful people who care and work hard at constantly improving their product.

Pros

Accurate, quick, ease of use, flexible, easily customized for individual needs. Large commercial floor areas, multiple floors, design work, budgets through to installation; this software is a huge benefit to our company.

Cons

layout of roll goods can be improved upon....and am very confident they will!

Rick

my experince with MeasureSquare

We brought measure sq into our business about 6 years ago on the recommendation of qfloors. We had looked at many other measuring systems and this was by far the best one. We had a trainer come out to our store to teach us the system( I would highly recommend doing that so that everyone in the company buys in) we started using it as soon as the training was complete. I cannot image measuring any other way. From more accurate quotes, to being able to show our installers all of the minor details it has been one of the most important purchase we have made to run our business.

Pros

The ease of use and the accuracy is quite good. layouts are excellent for not only sales team but installers as well to know what the job in-tails before they get there.

Cons

The 3d feature is ok, not great. Walls are very functional on the laptop version, but not on the tablet version. When a change comes out, the only explanation is in the app update, and it is not very informative. An email sent out explaining everything changed/added would be very beneficial. Also, a yearly review at renewal via zoom or or another method would be a great help.

Reasons for choosing MeasureSquare

Ease of use. Future compatibility with qfloors.

Darrell

Great product that can be customized to your business needs

Measure Square has been a great partner

Pros

Customer service Customization of product Professional looking diagrams and worksheets Estimates all types flooring materials Video tutorials Training sessions

Cons

Peter

MeasureSquare from a User Point of View

Overall a very nice program, easy to use and offers options without bombarding you with a ton of choices which makes the program run smoother and quickly. The more you "play" with the better it gets.

Pros

The software seems to be seamless. I have crashed other Estimating programs and I yet figured out how to crash this one. The ease of use is very helpful and a time saver.

Cons

All and All the program is very nice - I would like to have an option of seeing a 3d view without having to leave the takeoff screen, another program that I have used previously has this option an it made it very nice to see without having to open up walls. Being able to print the "Phase" options would be nice. I have had opportunities of needing to do benches and cabinets which the walls would be going down and not up the "other" program allowed to switch between directions of the walls and being able to have more functions with the wall option. Being able to double click in a room or area and Name that room with going to the edit section would be a HUGE time saver.

Reasons for switching to MeasureSquare

Company wide it fit better because the use and the ease of options.

Ross

Ross's Review

Very good, it had completely changed our business since we started using it 9 years ago.

Pros

We use the import and take off as well as disto to draw plans on site daily. Software is easy to use, take offs easy to understand. Saves loads of time, we never lose copies of plans now and look professional.

Cons

We still find the pricing worksheets hard to adjust so still use a excel spreadsheet for pricing of jobs. We would also like to be able to interlink all our information into Xero.

Easier to use

Steve

M2 Review

Overall I am a big fan of M2, like working with the program on a daily bases. my company has adopted M2 as our estimating software companywide.

Pros

I work with M2 daily and like almost all of the features within the program. I love the fact that I can show the installers the areas and elevations in 3D. Building patterns is done with ease in most cases, I like the fact that I can take off projects in phases and estimate by tab. using the hot keys allows me to be more efficient and get my work done quicker. i would recommend this program to any one working in the flooring industry.

Cons

there are a couple things that I would like to see improved on such as room numbering. Dividers are an issue is some cases but I have managed to find work arounds.

Reasons for switching to MeasureSquare

There was no technical support and they did not have the features that M2 Offers.

Professional estimating tool

The measure square team is always open to new ideas. The staff is great to work with. I know them by a first name basics.

Pros

With Measure square I provide an on site exact quote to my customers. I have nearly eliminated shortages. By simply changing the name on the proposal I create an exact work order for my instillation team. It creates exact diagrams of the areas that need to be installed, and where each item is to be applied. The Measure square team is top notch. They will always answer questions in a matter of minuets.

Cons

there are so many features on m2 it takes time to learn all that it can do.I am still finding things after using it for 3 years.

Reasons for choosing MeasureSquare

When I started using m2 it was just another app. Now they are part of my team.

Reasons for switching to MeasureSquare

The old company would take 24 hours to answer questions.

Chad

Measure Square Commercial Estimating software

Love it overall. An invaluable asset for any business involved in the estimating process as it saves time in estimating and material waste on each project.

Pros

The takeoff and estimating features are extremely beneficial when all the parameters are set up properly. This makes any changes made to the project much easier and efficient. I use the 3D feature extensively to be sure I am capturing all the products on the floors and the walls and is a complimentary aid to send the contractor/owner.

Cons

I would like to see a better wall layout when printing the Layout sheets. I would like the option to be able to print out the walls for each room laid out the same way as you see it when clicking "view wall" in the program, rather than being on the side. If I remember correctly, the older FEP programs had that feature.

Flexible and Diverse

Once you get the hang of the program it's beautiful and easy to use. I've been able to do so many take-offs easily. I even use the program to confirm measurements or for personal projects not related to any take-offs. We used the program to design our own gym in the office. The amount of fine detail I can do with this program has been fantastic. I was able to design a football field with the hash marks. And get the proper amount of material required to get the job. We haven't had any issues when using the numbers provided from Measure Square.

Pros

Flexibility - I can plug in so many different product types for diverse take-offs. I love the ability to just add a very specific product. Being able to draw very specific rooms or even designing things like football fields or personal gyms with logos. Accuracy- Haven't had any issues with the proper amount of material being given to us. It's always been accurate

Cons

The only real con I can think of is it does take a bit of getting used to the program. It took a while before I had everything figured out. I watched a few youtube videos and practiced a few times until I understood how to navigate and use the program. I think it's initially a little overwhelming with options.

Robert

A 'Must-Have' for Flooring Professionals!

As a loyal user for many, many years I find the MeasureSquare Product invaluable. The Product saves me much needed time in creating a Project from creating Professional Quotes, Work Orders, Purchase Orders, Job Costings and especially legible Floor Plans. MeasureSquare also allows me to be incredibly organized keeping all my work digitally saved for future reference. I really cannot understand why anyone would want to do this 'old-school' with reams and reams of unfiled paperwork laying around.

Pros

How intuitive the Product really is. As you use it it becomes easier to use.

Cons

I still cannot figure out how to apply carpet baseboard to walls - like in M2 2015 Commercial. I don't know why - it's likely there but I just can't find out how.

13 years of using Floor Estimate Pro then migrating to MeasureSquare 8

Neill

Best Software on the Market

Great software. Each update improves on the last

Pros

iOS Software is easy to use. Integration with laser measurer seamless.Very forgiving isf you make a mistake to simple to correct.

Cons

Windows commercial version a bit buggy. Windows integration with laser measurer temperamental at times. Desktop version amazing. Wouldn't take the windows version on a site measure. If you make a mistake it is faster to delete the room and start again than to try and fix.

Reasons for choosing MeasureSquare

Ease of use and flexibility of the product. Price (originally before subscription) model).

Reasons for switching to MeasureSquare

Mobile version clumsy. Quantification not accurate enough. Great for carpet/vinyl but little or support for ceramics tiles / planks.

MeasureSquare