What are PlanHub users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using PlanHub software through verified user reviews

4.2

• icon"The UI is incredibly user friendly and straightforward. The ease of access to all of the plans is helpful."
  • icon"What we like the most are Facility and price this softwre."
  • icon"The software is definitely user friendly and the support staff is friendly and helpful."
  • icon"I can't stand that it lumps brick, block and stone altogether. We are a stone company so I waste a tremendous amount of time looking at jobs to find out there is no stone on them."
  • icon"Sometimes deadlines for quotes are too close to when info was received. I have to make drawings for Fire Alarm systems - lack of time."
  • icon"I dislike the delay of having the data sent to us. There are some instances where the information is sent to late."

Browse all PlanHub Reviews

• Have you used PlanHub and would like to share your experience with others?

Logan

Amazing Bid Software

Our company already has a large database of subcontractors, but PlanHub has brought us even more subcontractors to ensure that we are getting as much coverage as possible. The customer support is very helpful and very quick to respond if we may ever have any questions or issues.

Pros

You can see what subcontractors have viewed the drawings, what subcontractors have downloaded the drawings and what pages they have downloaded. PlanHub provides a platform for subcontractors to message GC's directly if they have any questions. Subcontractors can upload their bid directly to PlanHub.

Cons

Instead of having to open up a company's profile to see their contact information, their phone number/email should be listed when sorting through what subcontractors have viewed/downloaded the plans.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Replied February 2020

Ruth

Bid awareness

We are able to reach so many more subcontractors that are interested and actively participating in our projects. This has improved our ability to be extremely competitive while enabling us to forge new and lasting relationships with subcontractors.

Pros

The ease of selecting the trades and scope of work required for the project type selected. The enormous amount of subs that can be reached or that can see a posted project. The formal bid invite that is sent via Plan Hub is professional too.

Cons

Editing a project is still somewhat frustrating and in some areas there aren't enough options to choose from. There is no place for photos in the plans area.

Reasons for switching to PlanHub

If the paying client doesn't update their company history, service areas, work affiliation or abilities, the information presented to you is useless and causes loss of time and failed projects.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We understand your frustration with editing projects. Currently we are developing PlanHub 2.0 which in addition to new features, it will be completely mobile responsive. The new version should be rolled out early 2020 and we are anxiously awaiting its release.

Kirsten

April 2022

We use this everyday, and it's a great way to get the info we need!

Pros

What I love most about this software is that it's very user-friendly, and we can get our bid invites from General Contractors right when they send them out.

Cons

I don't have anything I don't like about this software. It's great and easy to use.

Rich

Temp Fence

Easier than the Dodge Report

Pros

I like when I can enter an estimate into the system and it goes out to all subs regardless if they've already bid on the project or are bidding on it before the bid deadline date arrives.

Cons

sub-contractor information isn't readily available

cost & ease of use

Merle

April 2022

This is Silly, why a Title?

Pros

Having multiple offices, the coverage across multiple states

Cons

Not catching all general contractors bidding on a project.

COURTNEY

User Review

Overall, for the price you might as well have Planhub. It is an additional tool to use that is extremely affordable no strings attached. We are happy with our software.

Pros

The software integrates well with how our sales and development team already function. It is similar to over lead generation and organizational tools we use so there was almost no learning curve.

Cons

Sometimes when we click on an invitation to bid on an email it doesn't transfer us directly to the project info on planhub.com instead it will take us to our main login page and we will need to find it through there.

Reasons for choosing PlanHub

ISqFt was very pushy and more expensive. There sales team seemed as if they were more interested in gaining a sale rather than pushing the product benefits. They down talked a few other softwares.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Tim

Tile Contractror

Overall, we like the information the product provides and look forward to seeing how the product grows over the coming months and years.

Pros

The software not only provides bid invites, but shows if there are multiple contractors bidding the projects, and also provides updates as to the status of the project. If its still bidding or has been awarded. They also provide a breakdown of what subcontractors are needed for each project. Like we mainly do stone and tile work so spending time downloading and looking threw drawings on a project to s see its only VCT or LVT flooring is time spent, that we don't anymore since Planhub provides us with the information upfront.

Cons

The product is still new so there is a bigger coverage of jobs by the other companies but that is improving each week as more and more companies begin to post on this site.

Reasons for switching to PlanHub

More project information provided, and the ability to see what trades are needed is a huge benifit to selecting which project to spend time looking into.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Andrea

PlahHub for General Contractors

We have used Planhub for over a year now and have found that we are reaching many subs that we may not have reached otherwise in the bidding phase of our projects. It is easy to use and doesn't take much time to build a new project.

Pros

The GC side of this product is free. It's reach has found us many bidders that we were not previously reaching. It is easy to use when building out new projects.

Cons

The "messaging" is difficult to use. Questions and answers do not stay together as a conversation. Also, the folders do not allow us to keep our files together in an organized way (like sub-folders). Also, subcontractors do not have access to my email address and frequently call the office to see where to send bids to. Also, it would be nice if it were possible to "copy" the trades/scopes needed from a previously built project when we have multiple projects that are basically the same but in different locations.

Reasons for choosing PlanHub

We don't use it over these products. We use them all. Because we are a nationwide GC, we use several bidding platforms. Some products seem to get a better response in some areas than others.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for your review, and we're glad you've found success with PlanHub. Your feedback definitely helps us improve!

Replied August 2021

Brian

May 2022

PlanHub Estimator review

Pros

I like the ease of use, and ability to find subcontractors fast

Cons

Hard to get people to bid. But busier than ever right now.

Justin

Industry: Computer Networking

Great Product for Competitive Pricing in a Unknown building market

Great. No issues

Pros

Plans upload, ability to send out to multiple subcontractors

Cons

None yet. If I find any I will update this review.

Tammy

Planhub Review

I save time. In my industry time is a huge factor. I can create a new project in your system in less than 5 minutes. If ever I have a question or issue I call the customer service rep and she walks me through. I appreciate the amount of subs that use it and sends me quotes through the site.

Pros

The easy steps of inputting a job How quickly I can find subs How my representative is always available to help if/when I need her

Cons

Only one thing I wish you could provide that is a report of subcontractors for my area with email addresses

Time and money

Time and money

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

BRANNON

GREAT RESOURCE

We benefit a lot by making sure we are sending our proposals to all of the GC's that are bidding the specific job. We get direct ITB's from most of our customers, but it's always valuable to see "who else" is bidding the job so that we maximize our opportunity of winning the project.

Pros

I get to search for specific commercial jobs that our company is specifically interested in. With the filters you can apply, we get to avoid any potential jobs that we are not interested in doing, including in the geographic areas we specifically work.

Cons

When you are using the search function; unless you specifically type in the title of the project the way it was entered on the other end, you will not be able to find that project. For example, if you are interested in looking for a specific T-Mobile project. If you search Tmobile without the hyphen, the project will not show up. And vice versa; if the human being uploaded that T-mobile in the system and they did or didn't use the hyphen. Depending on how you search it, you won't find it. If you mispell a project, it will simply say it doesn't exist. So there needs to be an improvement to the software such that any version of the spelling you type in will show up.

Reasons for choosing PlanHub

For the same reason above. The personal rep that we had access to.

Reasons for switching to PlanHub

Plan Hub (Elite Pro Net) at the time; offered a personal representative to provide feedback to you regarding your proposals. I think that value went away when they merged with Planhub because we haven't heard from our rep in a very long time.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the great feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. The ability to search for projects by name is a little tricky if not spelled exactly as the project is posted. We deal with the same issue internally. Fortunately we are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved search feature similar to how Google's search works. Even if you spell a name incorrectly it should generate close matches. PlanHub 2.0 is scheduled to be release before the end of 2019.

Joseph

Thanks To PlanHub

Pros

I really like the user friendly aspect of it, great customer support team, happy customer have used them for years.

Cons

They dont have a on-screen take-off module with it

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! Planhub has partnered with STACK to provide you with benefits from streamlined plan viewing to lightning fast takeoffs.

Dennis

PLAN HUB GREAT FOR GENERAL CONTRACTORS AND SUBCONTRACTORS

At the start it was helpful, As I continue to use it project after project I find the same bidders now know who I am as a serious player in the construction market bid to me directly. Many times I have an empty division where no one sent in a bid and Plan Hub Magicly sends me what I need with out having to call around for it.

Pros

Aa an estimator, Plan Hub gives me access to added subs i would normally have access to. My database of subcontractors has improved 10 fold

Cons

I Have no negative opinion. I did a trial comparing Plan Hub And Blue Books New Service and Plan Hub Delivers 50% More responses IE: (BIDS) On Average I get 45 good qualified bids in addition to the bids I get from my database of existing subcontractors.

Reasons for choosing PlanHub

PLAN HUB WAS SIMPLY BETTER THAN BLUE BOOK I USE PLAN HUB IN CONJUNCTION WITH PANTERA FOR AN ADDED RESULT. IT HAS GIVEN ME A 15% Better Bid Win Rate

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Celso

Easy-to-use-interface

Overall, I find it easier to use than the competitor, Blue Book. It's more responsive, clean, and less clunky. The simplicity in the design is definitely a winning feature.

Pros

The greatest thing about this software is the ease of use. Any person is able to easily figure out the basic workings of plan hub within a day or so of playing around with it.

Cons

The main con is that when a separate email is sent to us with the message content from plan hub, sometimes it can be very difficult, and in a few instances impossible to figure out which project the message is coming from. The email contains a link, but for an unknown reason, at times when I click the link plan hub does not take me directly to the message thread, but only directs me to the dashboard of projects. For someone like us, who review upwards of 20 projects a day, it becomes impossible to go back to every project and message to try to link it to the correct one. Messaging definitely needs improvement!

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of Planhub coming out in the near future that will include a new messaging system and many more features.

Zeki

Best Plan I have Purchased

I am overwhelmed with work bidding opportunities , simply fantastic.

Pros

This PlanHub has every type of work wanted, I bid on various locations and select Private work ONLY as I stopped dealing with UNION or Government Project. Other Companies I have to pay for evry city another fee if I wan to see what bids are out there. Planhub I can see NYC Long Island all of Nj where I want and it does NOT cost arm and a leg as I used to pay.

Cons

If they have Electronic take-off software with it would have been GREEEAAT

Reasons for choosing PlanHub

COST and Amount of Work shown especially Private work as I stopped Government work where I used to spend halh my time doing damn paper work and then fight to get paid.

Reasons for switching to PlanHub

Amount of work shown and different locations for same VALUE, it BLEW EVERY COMPETITION out of view, totally closed it for me. I will never go back to those other companies.

Tina

Great venue to advertise a project.

Pros

Great way to advertise a project. Has the ability to reach all Divisions if needed.

Cons

1. Not able to download report for future projects or to notify specific trades of revised plans or issues, nor copy to excel spreadsheet for maintaining for project bidding purposes on who has been notified (this needs to be searchable and able to sort by division) 2. Need to be able to notify specific Divisions of any push dates or bids still needed, etc., instead of sending out to everyone. 3. Bid Documents need a better system for uploading and labeling.(need to be more specific) ability to have some labeled "photos", "Required Paperwork", "Revised Plans", instead of all being lumped together in one section. 4.Need to be able to mark ALL plans specifically- Rev. 1, Rev 2, new updated plans, etc. and not have to click EACH file. 5. Even though it lists email within project, I do not always receive bids submitted straight thru Plan Hub. Bids should also be sent directly to email and most subs end up calling to get the email- stating it was not listed on their end.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of Planhub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly.

Al

Industry: Architecture & Planning

PlanHub Review

Overall experience has been good. The main thing I like about PlanHub is that I get access to all bidding GC's on record.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the info provided the most.

Cons

The mobile version of it needs improvement. In the past, I couldn't upload bids at all using my phone. Some changes were made and I can submit bids now from my phone...but, the layout is still scrambled a bit when using a phone.

See above.

Reasons for switching to PlanHub

Available info, monthly cost, ease of use. and last but not least, the rep that handles my account.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We agree with you regarding the mobile version and we are working hard to improve it. Currently we are developing PlanHub 2.0 which in addition to new improved features, it will be completely mobile responsive. The new version should be rolled out before the end of 2019 and like yourself we are anxiously awaiting its release.

Best Construction Bidding Software

We use this daily to download construction documents for HVAC pricing and to bid project to GC's listed.

Pros

Ease of use. Also most of the GC's we work with use this system. Very user friendly.

Cons

Ability to find listed projects. If the exact name of the project is not entered, the system won't find it.

Reasons for choosing PlanHub

Ease of use and flexibility. It is also becoming the go to system for most of the jobs we are invited to bid.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. The ability to search for projects by name is a little tricky if not spelled exactly as the project is posted. We deal with the same issue internally. Fortunately we are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved search feature similar to how Google's search works. Even if you spell a name incorrectly it should generate close matches. We have a target release date for 2.0 during the 4th quarter of this year.

Darrin

Information access

Very helpful when you find the job listed, that you are working on. Sometimes, there are GC's bidding that you did not have on your list, you find them on Planhub.

Pros

Usually list all the GC's bidding on a project, as well as the plan documents.

Cons

You can not type in a job name and perform a search for a particular job. You have to go through the list page by page to find the job you are looking for.

Reasons for switching to PlanHub

Most of the jobs listed did not include any plan documents, and only (1) GC.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the great feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. The ability to search for projects by name is a little tricky if not spelled exactly as the project is posted. We deal with the same issue internally. Fortunately we are currently working on a major update which will have an improved search feature similar to how Google's search works. Even if you spell a name incorrectly it should generate close matches. The update is scheduled to be released early 2020.

BRITTANY

The Best Team that is out there.

Overall they are the absolute best. Other plans rooms didnt give me much feedback or status updates like Planhub did. The customer services is out of this world. Most of the projects we are awarded come from Gc's posting with Planhub. Connections and customers services is the best way to describe planhub.

Pros

What I like most is they are always up to date on the projects coming through. We are notified of any status changes. If I have any questions I can email some of there reps and they reply within a couple of hours if not less. Great customer Service.

Cons

Nothing. Everything I need is there and any suggestions I have asked for I was catered to.

Reasons for switching to PlanHub

Planhub has more connections and is very hands on in the customer service department.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Vincent

Great platform for bidding projects!

With this platform we can get our proposal out in a timely manner. It’s great to have a platform that has everything linked together. Easy of use just makes bidding a joy.

Pros

I love the ease of use with this platform. It’s very self-explanatory. I get a bulk of my leads from the emails. that come out. There is nothing better than be able to use a platform and everything works. The downloads work flawlessly. All the main information for the contractors is easy to access.

Cons

There is only one thing I don't like. It may be on the upgraded accounts. I would like to see the contractor email address above the telephone number for the contractor.

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

My toughtys on Plan Hub

Thanks to Plan Hubs I get as many leads as i can chase down and they are quality Leads, My revenue has Tripled and my client list has grown ten fold

Pros

Delivers quality Leads Tailored to my Area of Operation

Cons

Search Function, trying to find jobs that you know are in there but you dont have the name right

Cost

Cost

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. The ability to search for projects by name is a little tricky if not spelled exactly as the project is posted. We deal with the same issue internally. Fortunately we are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved search feature similar to how Google's search works. Even if you spell a name incorrectly it should generate close matches. We expect to roll out PlanHub 2.0 before the end of 2019.

PlanHub Review

We are bidding three times as many jobs as we were before using PlanHub. It is so simple to navigate and download the correct documents.

Pros

-Easy to use -Easy to download documents -Not as expensive as other bid software -Visually appealing

Cons

-Sometimes the documents are out of order or not labeled a way that is easy to read -Not all GCs are listed

Cheaper

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved file organizer that will allow GCs to better categorize their files. PlanHub 2.0 is scheduled to be released early 2020.

Cindy

PlanHub Pros & Cons

We are receiving a tremendous amount of GC opportunities that we never had before.

Pros

It allows me to receive RFPs that I would never have known about.

Cons

I would like more sections of industry to better tailor the RFP requests to my companies needs. I receive a lot of requests that don't fit our industry.

Price

Response from PlanHub

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Replied February 2020