All QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review: Easy & Efficient

Blake

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Value for the money is incredible

Great, would recommend! Any sort of business needs accounting software, and your business should use Quickbooks. If given the choice, we would use this again.

PROS

The seamless integrations, technical (both IT & Accounting) support, and intuitive user interface provides a great experience for automating a small or midsize operation

CONS

It loads slowly -- I feel like Quickbooks constrains the amount of servers it dedicates to this platform. There are businesses that have far more transactions that we, and it still takes a while for reports or pages to render.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The automation and integrations. Our transactions book seamlessly and we don't have to spend a lot of time on non-value add activities such as month end reconciliations.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Ease of use and separation of systems. Sage is great for large, industrial ERP uses. Quickbooks is better for small, nimble divisions.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great Value for the Price

Overall, my company has been happy with our switch to QuickBooks. We previously used Netsuite for our accounting software, but the subscription fees were outrageous and the features were difficult to manage and execute. QuickBooks offers what we need for a very reasonable price on a user-friendly format. I would definitely recommend this to small businesses who do not need a lot of advanced functionality.

PROS

The QuickBooks software is very affordable with lots of good out-of-box features. AR and AP functions are very easy to use for novice users of the software. There are a lot of templated reports that are very helpful for weekly and monthly accounting tasks (Payroll, Vendor Payments, Sales, etc.). The software also allows you to add on a variety of additional features through plug-ins, which you can access for a nominal monthly fee. For example, the BIll.com integration is excellent for paying your vendors online, eliminating the need for mailing out checks each month.

CONS

The biggest issue with QuickBooks is their customer service department. Whenever we have issues that cannot be resolved by an internal administrator, it takes days and sometimes weeks before an Intuit rep returns our messages. We've been using the software a little over a year and have already been passed around to several different account reps. At one point, their response time was so poor I had to request a different rep. The other thing I find cumbersome with the software is the sales reporting. While the templates are helpful, I often end up with a lot of superfluous information, and the reports are not very malleable, even once exported to Xcel. This is an area I feel could be greatly improved with minimal effort from Intuit.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Netsuite was much too expensive and we did not use all of the custom functionality.

Amy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Quickbooks Desktop Ease of use

QB has been my first choice for the past 20 years of managing businesses. It's ease of use and setup are by far the best I have found with similar products out there. Whether you have 4 employees or 100, need only a desktop version or an online version - Quickbooks is the one you want.

PROS

It is very easy to set up and use. I have used desktop for over 20 years and have loved it. I recently did switch over to QB Online with one company I manage which I find also very easy to use seeing as it can go anywhere with you and you can access it from any computer. Desktop has all of the features needed for a small, basic company but also can withstand the demand of a larger business. The ease of billing, payments, reporting and reconciling are well worth it's cost. Upon set-up there are pre-loaded accounts for you as well, so if you are unsure as to how to start QB makes it VERY easy to help get you pointed in the right direction.

CONS

From my experience it can't be utilized from any computer - you need to have the software installed in order to use this product which makes it difficult if you travel or need access from multiple locations.

Evan

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Charges without Consent

Everything was fine until I discovered how atrocious the customer service is.

PROS

Many parts of the service feel unpolished and there are many bugs, but it is HIGHLY FUNCTIONAL. And cheap. It is hands down the best bang-for-buck of any other accounting software out there. I have been a happy user despite the bugs, because: There are many things that QuickBooks does really well. Invoicing (while hard to automate) is very robust, and by far the single cheapest invoicing option I have found. The system's auto-categorization abilities when matching expenditures, revenue sources, etc is fantastic. Further, you integrate QuickBooks with a slew of other services, making for a fairly customizable and generally robust accounting tool. It's also easy to get an accountant on to balance and check your books.

CONS

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE I was charged for payroll without consent. 6 months ago I signed up for a free trial to see what the Quickbook's portal for payroll looks like; after toying around a little bit and deciding that it was, while not great, functional, I cancelled my trial with the intention of getting the service when I hire full-time employees. Received cancellation screen. No problems. Fastforward to now, I go to sign up for payroll and discover I have been being charged for the last 6 months. I called in expecting to get a credit or waiver of future fees for a few months, only to be told that “QuickBooks does not refund for non-usage”. I explained the situation, and was told that "I shouldn't have signed up for the product then". I asked to speak to a manager, she took my phone number, and I never received the follow-up phone call. Is it a large amount of money? no. However, I have been a very active user of QuickBooks for nearly two years now and it is extremely disappointing to see that they would treat a long-term client this way.

Hi Evan, We'd like to thank you for taking the time to write this thorough review. Our mission is to provide you with a variety of accounting tools that are both helpful and affordable, so it's awesome to hear that QuickBooks is doing just that for you. We'd like an opportunity investigate the Payroll charges you received and make sure this situation is properly addressed. The next time you're free, please email us at QBCares@Intuit.com and provide any case numbers you have in reference to your previous calls. That way, we can find your account on our end and get brought up to speed on this situation. Looking forward to hearing from you, Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Replied August 2019

Dlkhosh

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

PROS

Very good inventory management, time tracking Numerous customizable reports Supports projects, payroll, and many add-ons Terrific mobile apps

CONS

The main cons of Quickbooks that It's somehow expensive

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks is Easy to use, and has active support center

Kimberli

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great Invoicing product to use

Great and very convenient system to use for client invoicing and for generating reports.

PROS

I like the different views you can have within the system. How easy it is to convert to different types of templates with just one click of a button. How you you can modify reports to your liking is super convenient.

CONS

The lag time in switching between the menu items could use some help. There are times, I have to refresh or click another menu item for it to start working on my desktop

Kevin

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

PROS

What I like most is its user friendly experience and ability to manage invoices from a diverse selection of suppliers / projects.

CONS

What I like least is it's limitation for successful integrations based on other softwares / platforms we currently house within our company.

Bryan

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

BFoster review on QBEDesktop

I have 14 clients and they all use QBE, I push the product, not because I know it ,but because it a great product. I do the set up of their accounting system and training. My experience has been great with this product.

PROS

As a accountant and working with my client the reports are very easy to explain and review with my clients.QBE,is bmvery detailed and easy to use and set up for my clients.

CONS

There are no cons from me. My client has not came to me with anything bad to say about the software.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

My clients love it and it's easy from my clients to understand and use, and they understand the reports

Cassandra

Facilities Services, 2-10 employees

Highly Recomment

PROS

Quickbooks makes it easier to budget and maintain financial stabiluty as well as have proper reports for tax season.

CONS

There are some features I do not implement as they are not needed, but I would say I like all the features of Quickbooks for my business.

Top Free App

PROS

The quick payment processor and how it keeps everything organized.

CONS

Nothing to dislike about Quickbooks at all.

Rachael

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Quickbooks is an OG

It's a good startup tool for a small business who doesn't want to gigure it all out for themselves

PROS

Ease of setup and the ability to grow with you and customize as you need

CONS

It can get pricey once you add all the bells and whistles that you need as you grow

Christian

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

QuickBooks Review

I used to provide support for this software in a tech company, I am accountant and IT, net frameworks is not a good idea to run this but other than that is good for small and medium sized business, good for the price, have in mind may take some resources if you will use in a portable device like a windows tablet.

PROS

It is good for people that runs a small business but does not know book keeping, if you do know book keeping or accounting, is not recommended as you know double crossing accounts and not being able to see that process gets on your nerves, you are better using something similar to sage or what used to be peach.

CONS

I did not like that uses Microsoft. Net framework to run, if framework brakes, you are and you need to clean install windows, you have to back up, format, install, set up and restore everything, also in have seen cases where they do not support software after just four years which really sucks as you have to buy the newest version.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

More suitable for clients not familiar with book keeping running small businesses.

Thanks for your honest review, Christian. It's great to know you found QuickBooks to be a helpful and cost-effective tool for a range of businesses. We want to make sure you enjoy every aspect of the product. For more info on ways we're working to improve and provide even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, the Community is a great resource to find detailed articles and expert advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members (https://community.intuit.com/). Wishing you the best. Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied September 2019

Miguel

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2019

Tried & True - Quickbooks remains king!

The ability to track me financials allows me to identify my business's cash flow which is crucial to keeping my doors open. Automatic bank feeds are cutting down the time I need to spend doing manual data entry and gives me more time to focus on my main mission of my company.

PROS

The ease of use allows just about anyone to successfully navigate and work in the software. No matter if you have an accounting or financial background. This is great news for business owners and accounting personnel, alike. With the ease of use, the training resources provide by Inuit, and their extensive list of available Pro-Advisers, you will be up and running and tracking your business's finances in no time. One other aspect I like is the ability customize the software to git your industry or company's needs. Custom reports, customized chart of accounts, etc are just a few examples how QB sets the standard for small/medium size business accounting softwares.

CONS

The least favorable aspect of Quickbooks is the inability to prevent old transactions from back-posting into a closed period. For example, if I void a check or an invoice, I would like to be able to set an effective date of today and not the original date of the source document. Allowing this to happens, will throw off bank reconciliations, it would and could change past period financial statement information and could impact your tax liability as well.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks desktop is more powerful, in terms of report features and easier to navigate and learn to use. I couldn't imagine trying to train a non-financial person an accounting software that is too numbers/technical driven. QB is user-friendly and none of the other options even compare.

Thank you for bring this to my attention, Miguel. You can close your books for a period of time so that transactions aren't allowed to be posted before that time period.Here are the articles for the respective programs: Online: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Reports-and-accounting/How-do-I-close-the-prior-years-books-to-send-to-the-accountant/td-p/182283 Desktop: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Close-your-books-in-QuickBooks-Desktop/m-p/186457 If you ever have any questions about this, please reach out to us on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) or Twitter (@QBCares). Grant, The QuickBooks Team

Replied May 2019

Angelo

Internet, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2023

An Impressive Accounting Software for Businesses

I've been using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise for a few years now and it has been a great tool for managing my business. The software is easy to use and understand and has plenty of features that make accounting easier. However, the cost can be a bit prohibitive for some businesses.

PROS

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is an incredibly powerful accounting software with a wide range of features and capabilities. It is easy to use and understand, making it a great solution for businesses of all sizes. The ability to customize the software to meet the needs of individual businesses makes it an excellent choice for businesses looking for an accounting solution.

CONS

Although QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is an excellent choice for businesses, it can be quite expensive. Additionally, the software requires a certain level of knowledge and understanding to operate effectively.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has a wide range of features and capabilities that make it an ideal choice for businesses. It is easy to use and understand, and it offers customization options that other accounting software solutions do not have. Additionally, the software is backed by QuickBooks' excellent customer service and support.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Quickbooks Online Review

Overall QB Online helps me run my two business from anywhere, I can process any amount of suppliers bills, make payments, run reports etc etc ... from my armchair if I wanted to. The 3rd party apps that sync up are great , you need to be prepared to put in some leg work to understand how this all hooks up but once you have it all set up it works a dream. I reckon I save 1.5 admin salaries per year using QB Online and all the other apps Overall...its worth 10 times the cost

PROS

We have been using this web based software for around 5 years having used the desktop version for 10 years prior to that. The main advantage is easy access anywhere with no concerns on backing up your data. These alone are worth the very reasonable monthly costs. I chose QB online as its market share attracts a lot of 3rd party integration App developers which help me streamline our processes and save a stack of cash on administration costs

CONS

Some years ago the UK based support was non existent, over the last 3-5 years this has been massively improved with a UK based support team. Can be a bit laggy when the USA wake up, this can be overcome by using the desktop application that somehow sync's with the Web based platform. I've never tried this, but can see how others might

Hi David, Thanks for taking the time to write this glowing testimony. It's been great having you as a part of the Intuit Family during these past 15 years. Your review perfectly captures what QB Online is all about, which is helping business owners save time, save money, and manage their business from any location. By the way, if you're interested in giving our desktop app a try, you can download it from this page: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/apps/ The app generally runs faster than the browser version of QB Online, so it'd be worth checking out. We look forward to backing your business for years to come! -Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Replied September 2018

Reviewed October 2018

QuickBooks User

Accounting, tracking expenses, handling taxes, doing payroll, creating invoices and tracking both customers and vendors.

PROS

I've been a QB user for almost two decades. What I like about this software is that it's easy to learn and use, especially if you don't really have an accounting or bookkeeping background. Their support has always been excellent and very helpful when needed. While there are cheaper accounting software programs, QB has been around a very long time, has superior customer service, and caters to users who may not have much accounting experience as well as those who do. It's also easy to get started if you're new to the software. They also have other options to help small business owners, such as payroll. I've used their payroll service (both basic and advanced) and I have found it to be very useful, affordable, and easy to use.

CONS

I'm a Mac user and the QB software isn't as great on a Mac as it is on a PC.

Thanks for your loyalty to QuickBooks these past two decades, as we're proud to have been by your side all this time. Your comments were a pleasure to come across, as we strive to provide the payroll tools and support you deserve. Because we also work hard to ensure our software is accessible to users of all backgrounds, we've created self-help spaces like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) in case you ever have workflow or accounting questions. As for the differences you've noticed on a Mac, rest assured I'm here to ensure your software is working just as well on all operating systems. At your earliest convenience, feel more than welcome to send me a message directly at QBCares@Intuit.com. That's my inbox, and I have the knowledge and tools to get you squared away. Talk soon! Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied October 2018

10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2018

The Software that any accountant could not live without

PROS

QuickBook is the one of the top accounting software. It greatly deals in assisting with fixed asset management, billing and invoicing of income, payroll management, bank reconciliation and others. As an accountant, I have used this software since I can remember. Not only that it is capable of more than enough tasks than any other software I have personally tried, but is very user-friendly as well. The monthly starting price was easy to keep up with and not financially draining at all when I used it before I started working at an institution. The current institution and team I am in highly suggested QuickBook. The availability of tech support 24/7 is a plus for our trainees. QuickBook can also be great for any starting businesses; it tracks invoices, payments, expenses, amongst others.

CONS

A limitation with the number of characters in names, titles, or products is one of the problems I have faced upon using this software. Being unable to name two projects similarly is also a difficulty at times, since most clients and products have same names. Although these cons may seem fairly important, it is acceptable. The pros, and the usage of this software is far more superior than its cons.

Thanks for taking the time out to leave this review. I'm delighted to know we're doing our part to keep you on your business on track, as we're proud to be backing you. As you mentioned, you're a seasoned QuickBooks user, and I appreciate your loyalty to us. It'd be my pleasure to pass your expert feedback along to the Engineering Team, as they use your suggestions as inspiration. Increasing the characters and providing more flexibility in naming projects are brilliant ideas, so I'll forward your comments to the developers directly. Before you go, I encourage you to bookmark our Blog (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). We use this space to post about new and coming product enhancements. Many of them got their start in the feedback channel because when you speak, we listen. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied August 2018