QuickBooks Time Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I really like that I can use it on my laptop or phone and switch between the two, plus the job-costing feature is fantastic."
  • icon"This integrates great with TSheets it allows you to work through all the time cards with ease and get people paid on time."
  • icon"This is the easiest program, it makes your job so easy and the customer service is outstanding. You can call anytime and they will walk you through anything you want to do."
  • icon"That being said, it is more of a personal annoyance to me than a hindrance and I would not let this be a game stopper for anyone."
  • icon"I really dislike the amount of redundant features advertised as individual separate features. It was frustrating to say the least."
  • icon"Some features can be added, e.g. California meal violation premium pay and Meal waiver (so there is no premium pay)."

Have you used QuickBooks Time and would like to share your experience with others?

All QuickBooks Time Reviews

1-25 of 5,870 Reviews

Chad

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

EASY

I <3 TSheets!

Support is AWESOME and the Account Managers are the best. I never have to wait very long to get an answer or get a problem fixed. Just like today, the customer service rep, helped me fix an issue with the mobile app.

Pros

The ease of use for time tracking and the auto-syncing with QuickBooks Online. The support from TSheets is outstanding and that is the NUMBER ONE reason I stay with TSheets.

Cons

The scheduling module is a bit lacking for some of my clients. This is why some of my clients have gone with a different solution. As soon as the scheduling is up to their standards I will get them back to TSheets

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

TSheets had the best options for me & my clients

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

TSheets was much better and mobile

Jonathan

September 2022

Quickbooks - The Ultimate Tool for every business

Experience was good and smooth. Support is always a phone call away.

Pros

I liked the estimates and invoicing part the best. I could work a 2 hour job and have the client sign the invoice on my phone.

Cons

The pricing structure for small businesses are abit overly priced, maybe sell a service for very small businesses who are just starting up.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

The pricing structure and the good word of mouth received about quickbooks

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

The pricing structure was way off. Wave isn’t supported in every country right now. The apps would freeze on my phone.

alphonso

Industry: Government Relations

November 2022

Quickbooks is still the best for small enterprises in my opinion

Quickbooks is the best tracking tool Ive ever used to date.It has assisted me with dealing with my representatives and booking bringing about saving bunches of time. This product is not difficult to introduce on your PC.

Pros

Great!everything is in once place, easy to understand, and exceptionally nitty gritty.I Cherish Speedy Books and that it is so natural to utilize. I cherish the planning elements and how I'm ready to monitor my funds.It assists me with monitoring my costs and furthermore my clients. I feel like my own bookkeeper. I'm ready to define month to month objectives since I can see precisely the amount I make month to month, and the updates keep me on target.

Cons

It can be difficult for new users to understand.Also it can be slow at times but not too much that it effects my work.

November 2022

Great solution for time tracking

I started using it as T-Sheets and found it was a great solution for me. I recommended it to others and they seem pleased as well.

Pros

The synchronization with QuickBooks was important and works well.

Cons

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't pause the tracking if I had to break away. They actually updated and made that feature work now.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

This new Time system is far superior.

Bilal

November 2022

Great product recommend to use

Very nice experience

Pros

Very nice product esey to use with work save of time

Cons

Little bit slower have to be faster some time crashed

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

Good

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

Jessica

Awesome. Customer service has been always great and accessible. The follow-up and follow-through is amazing and makes me feel valued as a consumer.

Pros

Ease of Use is definitely on the top of my list. To be able to seamlessly transition between clients and projects without stopping my timer and opening up window upon window or tab upon tab makes life easier. Reporting is also easy and allows me to identify how much time I've spent on a client and/or project, what's billable, and how staff spent their time. It also allows my company to be in compliance with overtime based on company settings and breaks by just having a separate button for that. Love it.

Cons

I don't currently like that if a client has a subclient/project/job (whatever you call it), you have to track your time at the subclient level and are no longer able to track at the client level. Timekeeping should be flexible enough to allow for both.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

Abacus and Cloud Servers...not sure about that.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Time

LiquidPlanner was supposed to help with project management but it made the process, reporting, and timekeeping very cumbersome and more time-consuming. Plus, Tsheets now integrates with QBO which we use regularly. Just need the QBO integration with projects to be released officially.

Noura

Good Software

We are still on a 30 day trial but we will be activating the software when the trial is up. It helps us understand how we are doing on our jobs by having the employees punch in and out at the specific jobs.

Pros

Payroll reports are easy - Manual time entries are easy - Allows you to job cost your jobs easily and helps you understand how your margins on your jobs are. Also like the geofencing option on the jobs.

Cons

User friendly to an extent. It is all pretty self explanatory, but I do spend some time trying to figure things out. I feel like I have used other software's that are more simple to use, but they don't integrate with QuickBooks and they are not as detailed nor do they job cost.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

Seemed easier to integrate with QuickBooks and also was recommended by many

Time is a Servpro preferred vendor and was recommended by many Servpro Owners

Jerry

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great product for my small business.

Pros

The product makes it time tracking extremely easy and gives me the ability to accurately account for all of our time spent on various projects throughout the day, even while on the go. The seamless integration to quickbooks takes all the duplicate work out and streamlines my billing process, and again, allows me to do this on the go from a phone or a tablet.

Cons

I haven't ran into any major issues yet. When I have had a question, it was promptly and politely solved by the customer care team. Most of the issues I have had have been operator error on my part mainly on the quickbooks side of things.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

I considered using monday.com's time tracking feature to track our times and projects all in one place, however the lack of quickbooks integration and the extra work it would add to my already slammed schedule made the choice easy. Would be awesome to see a partnership one day

Gennyfer

QuickBooks Time (formerly TSheets) Is a Must Have

QuickBooks TIme makes my payrolls, job costing, and reports so much more accurate, efficient, and expedient. The time I save pays for the software over and over again. Not to mention, the customer service is stellar!!! Each and every time I have had to contact a representative for any reason, they have been some of the most friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable customer service reps I have ever encountered with any company or product, ever. I cannot say enough good things about QuickBooks Time!

Pros

In the construction industry, you don't always have employees reporting to the office each day, they report directly to the job site. This makes it difficult at times, to know that they are actually reporting on time, this program eliminates any question of employee integrity regarding stolen time. It is also difficult to keep track of how much time is spent on each job, making the accuracy of job costing a problem. This software solves ALL of those issues. With GPS tracking, you can easily see that the employee was on site at the time that they clocked in. Also, rather than just being "on the clock", the software allows the employees to clock in specifically to the job that they are on and switch jobs mid-day if they go to multiple job sites, making job costing a breeze. This is so important in the construction industry!

Cons

The one and only feature I feel needs improvement is the tracking of mileage pay. It would be nice if the software could use its integrated GPS to track the number of miles between job sites in one day and translate that to a dollar amount of mileage pay due to the employee for the day. But, the amount of time the program saves me otherwise definitely off-sets the time I spend calculating mileage pay. So overall, it really is no big deal.

Hugo

QuickBooks Times by Hugo Orlando

QuickBooks time is an easy and efficient way to track and do everything that you need to be done and with the timing sheets and make sure everything's on you know basically finished and everything's precisely you have never had a problem with that I have actually to have good prices they're really good and their customer service is great people should try this

Pros

Basically what I like the most about QuickBooks time is that they are precise there's nothing that I need to fix or try to intend to make it better or not it just comes out the way it's supposed to be it's awesome I don't have to deal with any problems I could call customer service at any time and be able to get my get anything fixed that it needs to be fixed so I give them a big thumbs up you should try it out

Cons

I'm sorry the only thing I can say is good things about QuickBooks time there's really nothing bad that's with it so that's my thing and there's nothing really bad enough the way it is

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

It had a better resolution for me a better outcome I didn't have to worry that much about putting too much information in there they got it really quick it was really fast and PayPal comments platform it just is really difficult it has too many different things and I just needed something quick and fast so that's why I QuickBooks time is the best

Dana

July 2016

T-Sheets is our most valuable business tool!

Pros

We started using T-Sheets to track our employee time in 2013. Our employees work at multiple job sites doing everything from construction, industrial Electrical Wiring and Equipment Installations. This software allows them to clock in/out from the job site noting the customer and service item instead of having to come to the shop to use an old fashioned time clock or the hand written time sheets we used before. This allows us to accurately job cost our projects and to track billable service calls. The GPS Feature keeps everyone above board on clock in/out times and locations, plus provided essential documentation which was accepted by the GA DOL that saved us from being charged unemployment benefits for an employee terminated because he was repeatedly abusing the time recording policy. Tech support has been excellent. Any time we have an issue, they are always polite and usually answer the phone within minutes. They have ALWAYS been polite and helpful and easy to understand. This program also integrates with Quickbooks Enterprise very easily! We are able to process payroll with a minimum effort.

Cons

Reports could use some work.... Also, need an easier way to document when employee is absent or late. Right now there is a work around with the Paid time off, but it does not allow you to make specific notes which is necessary for documentation purposes.

Tim

Blue Dog Exteriors

Overall I believe the product is beneficial and works reasonably well. There is learning curves to everything. So, it takes a bit of getting use to the format and reports. I used a paper system before so having a system available on my phone/laptop is beneficial. The gps tracking system has generally been a positive thing to know the where abouts of personnel. The sytem also keeps people honest on actual times of arrival and departure. I tried a few other systems before TSheets and I found TSheets the easiest to understand when looking at the different reports and options. Some systems seemed to be written by programmers using terminology that was difficult to follow or undertsand. The words, descriptions and reports didn't make it easy without referencing a manual.

Pros

1) GPS tracking & Who's working features available at a glance 2) Employees can add notes to timesheets if they don't take lunch or forget to log in/out 3) Validation of hours and locations of employees 4) Summary of project hours by employee 5) Various reports available for payroll, project and employee 6) Easy for employees to use from Android or IPhones

Cons

I have not fully utilized TSheets so some of my Cons may be due to my lack of experience or understanding. 1) I have set up Add Ons for clocking in and out. If employees clock in at 8:01 for example they will get paid starting at 8:15. If they clock out at 5:14 it will go back to 5:00. The problem is when they switch between projects they lose 15 min. Currently they notify me and I adjust accordingly. 2) There is a delay at times when people clock in/out and also with the GPS locations when looking at "who's working". Employees said they clocked out but "Who's working" says they are still clocked in. Sometimes I check the GPS and I don't see tracking and the employee says they haven't done anything to their phones. Not sure what to believe. 3) Payroll reports have actual hours worked - unpaid lunch has been subtracted. Tracking reports have unpaid lunch as hours total. Using the system and understanding the reports is important. 4) All the pricing is in USD so for Canadians exchange rates fluctuate so there is some risks

Samantha

November 2022

User friendly & good for the money

Pros

Everything integrated very well. I could run time card reports, FTE reports, payroll reports and more. I was able to have everything on one software which allowed easier and quicker use of my time. I didn't have to transfer time from one system over to another, which saved tons of time and left little room for errors.

Cons

Online punch system was very easy for first time users. However, employees that have ever had a Quickbooks or Intuit account (used intuit for doing their taxes, for example) could not access it if they did not remember their password nor could retrieve it due to having old communication information. This made it to where I had to have the employees set up a different email address and put that in the system to use so they could use the online time tracking system.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Time

The price and overall features were so much better. I could do everything I needed with one system.

Tawnya

Awesome Support

I could KISS YOU!

Pros

5 stars to the team, Support is quick to respond and always has a solution. The team went the extra mile today to help with multiple issues... not just the one that was the initial reason for my request for his call. I like that he listened to me, instead of being too ready to jump in there with a PAT answer. We started using Tsheets because we were having a problem with trust in the office and were eager to get off the paper way of time management. TShseets has been wonderful managing the complexities of everyone's schedule and allowing me to do reports on any facet of it for auditing. Love too that the transition from TSheets to Quickbooks desktop is seamless, yet still in my control.

Cons

I know that the nature of web browsers (and the many versions that your customers may have) and programming are always a challenge. My son is a developer/programmer for his own company... which is how I learned. However, with all the Apple OSX users out there you should really try harder not to discount it and try to shove us over onto Chrome. For one I HATE Chrome and I prefer to use the browser that my computer comes with just because I have a higher level of trust in Apple. I saw your notice that your software works better on 3 other web browsers... but it is a long time that Safari is added to the list. ANOTHER thing... there is a problem with some of the windows not sizing correctly and landing under the scroll bar making it difficult to click the X to close out a window. It would be extra nice IF you could make those windows ALL sizable, and draggable. Thank you

Matt

GREAT customer support and integration with my Quick Books accounting software for job costing!

We tried another time tracker tool prior to this and their mobile app was not good. It also made job costing impossible. With Tsheets my remote employee team is very happy with the application on their phone and I've been very impressed with the integration with QB and the usability of Tsheets online for time approvals and reporting.

Pros

Prior to starting my business, I was a project manager leading multi-million dollar projects for a global financial firm. I also was responsible for a large global team. As such, i know the value of having key metrics available to run my business. However, as a small business owner and smaller team at start up, i lack the time and resources that i previously had to build software to capture these. I did my research on capabilities and Tsheets provided exactly what i need to run my home repair business, as easy of use for a remote team and job costing were two top priorities. It also had to integrate with my accounting software (QB desktop premier). While the use and integration has been stellar, what i didn't anticipate was the amazing customer support team that Tsheets has. Being a business small business owner I'm rather quick and brief with my time, I'd like to get my questions answers and gain an understanding of the software without being transferred to 30 support specialists or being told to go to a website to read up how to do something. Reps at Tsheets were exceptional!!! They answered my questions and got me up and running in no time. While the tool is very intuitive, the few questions i did have on both Tsheets and QB they were able to answer and took the time to walk me through it. So far this tool and the support I've received has been invaluable to managing my business.

Cons

Given I'm a QB desktop user, the integration I'm assuming is a bit more clunky then with QB online, but I don't have any complaints.

Savannah