All Rippling Reviews

1-25 of 3,045 Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed February 2024

Rippling Review: Phenomenal Technology, Lacking Support!

Kelly M

Reviewed January 2023

An excellent all-in-one tool for the HR team

Among the several HR programs we use, Rippling is among the very finest. It's a one-stop-shop for everything I need to do my job, from requesting time off to managing my health insurance. It's just so simple to use.

PROS

By empowering me with Rippling's product, our team can maintain a product-heavy, lean operational structure. Thanks to the onboarding process, I was able to keep my focus on the big picture rather than getting bogged down in the weeds, and I'm confident in my ability to make rapid progress thanks to the fact that my work is being reviewed by people who are experts in their field.

CONS

The primary issue I have with Rippling is strictly a matter of personal opinion when it comes to the product's aesthetics: the design may seem cold and distant, making even simple tasks feel like more of an ordeal than they really are.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

It provides a centralized location for all employee-related HR information. The dashboard is well-designed and facilitates instant access to the information I require. Fantastic human resources resource that details my pay, vacation days, and more.

Gary

Reviewed August 2023

Rippling is a business process integration platform.

In general, I've had a great time using Rippling. Having a central hub for handling everything relating to staff has dramatically streamlined how we do business. Human resources, information technology, and financial processes are now fully integrated, resulting in significant time savings and fewer mistakes. Particularly notable is the speedy onboarding process, which has helped us streamline our hiring practices and get to work faster.

PROS

Across HR, IT, and FP&A, Rippling provides a unified platform for efficient administration. It's a fantastic resource for bringing together disparate areas of an organization's operations, such as payroll, costs, benefits, and IT hardware.

CONS

Considering its numerous benefits, Rippling might be difficult to grasp at first because of its many features and capabilities. It may take some time to become used to all of the options and capabilities, and the learning curve may be rather high. There is room for enhancement in customer service with regards to response times and the clarity of responses given.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Rippling is the only app I need to track my time at work, my breaks, my vacation days, and my insurance coverage.

Cleo

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Best in Class Product

PROS

I've been using Rippling for our HR and payroll needs for quite some time now, and I must say, it's truly a best-in-class product. The platform offers an extensive range of features that streamline our HR processes effortlessly. From onboarding new employees to managing benefits and payroll, Rippling has simplified every aspect of our human resource management. One of the standout features of Rippling is its intuitive interface. Navigating through the platform is a breeze, and setting up new processes is incredibly straightforward. The automation capabilities have saved us countless hours of manual work, allowing us to focus on more strategic tasks.

CONS

Rippling excels in functionality and usability, there is room for improvement when it comes to customer support. There have been instances where we've encountered issues or had questions that required assistance, and the response time from the support team was not as prompt as we would have liked. Additionally, the resolution of some issues took longer than expected, causing minor disruptions to our operations. Despite this drawback, Rippling remains our go-to solution for HR and payroll management due to its unparalleled feature set and ease of use. I would highly recommend it to any business looking to streamline their HR processes, with the caveat that they may encounter some challenges with customer support responsiveness.

Kristen

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Stay far away.

From the sales process to leaving Rippling every step of the way was filled with poor service. In addition to the above, an employee's benefits were cut off without prior approval, wage reports filed incorrectly and offshore customer service was contradictory, unaccountable and untrained. When I finally received service on the second level, I was subjected to more sales pitches, my favorite was the PEO person telling me that employees really couldn't reach the HR folks any way but email because, you know, this is a software company. Yep. One that shouldn't be in the payroll and HR business. I have never had such a bad experience running payroll with any company, and this is something I have been doing for my company and client companies for over 25 years.

PROS

I liked leaving Rippling the most. I've used Paycom, ADP, QuickBooks payroll, none of whom are known to be easy and I would recommend all of them over this software. I did appreciate the email reminders for payroll, but that was it.

CONS

Onboarding. I was treated like a fool who didn't know what a payroll period ending date vs a check date was. The constant pop ups on login. The confusing user interface and poor reports. The horrible customer service.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Software management which ended up being pricey and not necessary. We handle this better in house. I also had a client recommend it, who I think was inebriated when he suggested them.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

We were upgrading to Quickbooks Online and I don't care for how their payroll reports integrate into the books. They are always on a cash basis and require journal entries to convert them to accrual.

Malarkodi

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Simplest tool

My overall experience with Rippling was great and it's an easy-go tool.

PROS

Ease of use and the way the topics is accessible visually when needed.

CONS

No. I didn't see any negative(s) in ripping so far. If I face any, will add it in my second review.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

My organization's decision is that. I don't have concrete answer for it.

Mike

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Best in Class

We recommend and use a lot of software products, and in my opinion, Rippling has risen in to the top of all our software vendors.

PROS

I had used another product that was below average. I had researched and recommended Rippling to a client a year ago, and decided to use it for our company. The Rippling reviews were great, which set a high bar, and Rippling exceeded it. The conversion was thorough and easy to follow-up. My assigned PM was exceptional. Once the set-up was complete, employee onboarding and Payroll processing were simple. I'm now less worried about compliance.

CONS

Their timesheet tool is a little pricey, but other than that, I can't think of a single thing.

Reason for choosing Rippling

High product and customer service ratings were what got me initially interested. Then the software trial and price were what closed the deal.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Broken processes like Direct Deposit. Poor tax interface and compliance.

Shirley

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Rippling: Empowering HR and Payroll

Rippling is a game changer in the world of business and they are innovative and future thinking. They ensure everything is accurate and legal with payroll and keeps us up-to-date with notifications as reminders of what we need to do. Managing employees is a streamlined process which frees up time. We recently added recruitment which will make our entire process almost work on its own. Spend Management was a true blessing and it works like a breeze. It couldn't possible be easier than it is.

PROS

After using Rippling for over a year now, I am impressed how it simplifies the daunting tasks we face with HR and Payroll. I love the integration capabilities especially with third party apps. It manages everything from onboarding to offboarding with ease. It's user friendly especially to the less tech savvy employees. The app works like a charm especially when submitting receipts.

CONS

We wanted to add on ASO but it was too expensive and they didn't offer adding on one or two levels at a time.

Reason for choosing Rippling

In terms of customer support, Rippling provides top notch assistance. Their team is knowledgeable and responsive, and even will jump on a Zoom call if necessary. Good customer service is important to our business.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

They had very poor customer service and we had many tax issues.

Terry

Retail, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

Rippling is an easy-to-use and very complete program. I recommend it, it's fabulous.

Rippling's ability to combine HR and payroll features so efficiently surprised me the most. There is no longer a need for multiple pieces of software and the associated risk of data inconsistencies in order to manage employee information, benefits, time off, and performance reviews. We've been able to save a lot of time and effort because to the reduction of manual operations in HR and payroll.

PROS

One of my favorite features of Rippling is the ease with which employees can access all of the information they would need, be it related to health benefits, salary, time off, or spending. Employees have flexible options for managing their 401(k) and direct deposit. No longer will you need to coordinate these kind of modifications with a member of the HR department. Rippling is quite simple to use. Both workers and businesses gain autonomy as a result.

CONS

Producing report inside of Rippling is one of those tasks that I find to be extremely difficult. When it comes to the creation of the precise reports that I require, I have not found it to be very user-friendly in my experience. Even though I freely acknowledge that I may not have a lot of experience with technology, I do wish that the process of creating reports may be made less complicated.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

since it is a program that has a user interface that I really enjoy using. This is so simple and effortless to use.

Reviewed October 2023

Best thing I did for my company!

My business solved so many issues by using Rippling - Payroll, Time Tracking, Benefits Administration, and many others

PROS

What I like most about Rippling is that all of the services it provides are very well setup and run extremely smoothly and are super easy to setup.

CONS

Customer service - Rippling could use some help on customer service, especially on the initial onboarding.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Rippling has the best services and their system works better.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Rippling provides so many services and consolidates everything into one system

Modern payroll system

It’s actually pleasant to use the product and the UI is thoughtfully designed and easy to navigate. Without Rippling we would have needed someone full time to manage everything.

PROS

Love that they add new features all the time, making it easier and cheaper to manage al of our payroll, HR, benefits in one place. Also love the option to join their PEO which saved us $40,000 a year on healthcare.

CONS

Sometimes setting up healthcare can be very frustrating and confusing. For example, an employee signed up for an HSA even though we don’t offer that, and it was a headache to unwind.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Rippling has a much more expansive and mature product offering

Utku

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Excellent Platform for HR

PROS

I liked the simplicity and the thoughtfulness that is baked into the platform. Truly in a self-service fashion, once you get the hang of it, it becomes a frequent part of how you manage your company and your team.

CONS

Not much that I can think of, I wish the onboarding laundry list could be removed since I completed all of them.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Needed a better platform to manage our US employees.

Letha

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Modernized Flexible Solutions

PROS

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

CONS

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Not only was the customer/account service at ADP unreliable, the system itself was outdated, complicated, and not user friendly. We had several tax, payroll, and reporting issues occur with ADP and made the decision to move to a move modern solution.

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

Replied December 2019

Antoinette

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

PROS

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

CONS

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Rippling had the right fit for our organization with pricing, products, and implementation.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Pricing, overall customer service, and health insurance reps

Derrick

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2020

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

PROS

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

CONS

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Brock

Animation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

PROS

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

CONS

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things. Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels. Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes. Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

Reason for choosing Rippling

Zenefits doesn't have the elegant UI and isn't very professional feeling. Still found it hard to navigate. One plus is it did give us access to a dummy account to play around with. But overall was very underwhelming.

Reasons for switching to Rippling

Because Paycor is a complicated program that was messing up so many aspects of our business and they have absolutely NO customer service. We had an issue in January 2021 and I call three times to sit on hold for hours with no response. Filled out a support ticket and still to this day havent' received a response. They are basically a horrible company that doesn't care about the customers that have been using their services for years.

Reviewed December 2022

Rippling: A Game-Changer for HR Management

we are very happy with our decision to use Rippling. It was the best fit for our small company in terms of pricing, implementation time, and customer service. We reviewed a lot of options and were impressed with Rippling's value and feature set. We highly recommend it to anyone looking to streamline their HR and payroll processes and get great support from a dedicated team.

PROS

Rippling is an innovative and user-friendly HR and payroll management platform that has made a big impact on our business. The software is easy to use and navigate, with features that make it a pleasure to use. We particularly appreciate the ability to download documents and see paystubs, as well as the fun design quirks that add a touch of personality. The onboarding process is seamless, which is important when it comes to hiring top talent. We also appreciate that Rippling is always moving forward with new additions and improvements, which demonstrates its commitment to innovation.In addition to the payroll and HR features, we also appreciate the ability to integrate other apps, which has the potential to greatly simplify the onboarding process for new hires. Time off tracking and the delivery of documents like W2s and 1099s are important everyday features for us, and Rippling makes it easy to access these and other information. The benefits roll-up and the user-friendly interface make it easy to find what we need.

CONS

While Rippling has many positive features and has been a valuable tool for our business, there have been some drawbacks to our experience with the software. One issue we encountered was that Rippling did not file our quarterly taxes and failed to pay federal taxes on the payroll for a few staffers, resulting in financial penalties from the government. This was a serious issue that caused significant problems for our business, and we had to transition to a new payroll provider that was able to handle these tasks correctly.Another issue we have experienced with Rippling is customer service, which has been disappointing at times. We have had to beg for responses and escalate emails to additional staffers in order to get a response, which is frustrating and not up to the standard we expect. Despite these issues, we are still being charged for Rippling, even though they have not performed their duties correctly.While these issues are certainly a concern, we still believe that Rippling has many valuable features and has been a valuable tool for our business overall. We hope that the company will continue to work on improving its customer service and addressing any issues that arise in the future.

Reason for choosing Rippling

it really fits my business needs, value over price

Reasons for switching to Rippling

It's important to consider various factors when choosing an HR and payroll management platform, such as features, pricing, integration, and user experience. Without knowing more about your specific needs, it's difficult to say why you may have chosen Rippling over Remote. However, some potential reasons could include a more comprehensive feature set, better pricing, better integration, or a more user-friendly interface. IOS and Android apps are supported, and availability of freelancers. Ultimately, the decision will depend on your specific needs and priorities.

Courtney