All Sage Accounting Reviews

It Works Smoothly.

Thomas

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Great for small and medium businesses

Always useful and quick to resolve any issues I may have.

PROS

Allows you to set up accounts at ease with easy to review financial reports allowing users to understand where their business stands at any point in time.

CONS

Once you have filed your VAT returns you cannot go back and update/edit the previous entry

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

They did not have a suitable product for the Irish VAT filing

Matt

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

ITA A GOOD PACKAGE

PROS

ONLINE MEANS I CAN USE ANY COMPUTER UNLIKE SAGE 50 WHICH WAS COMPUTER DEPENT

CONS

NOTHING ITS A GOOD PACKAGE I CANT FAULT IT

QUICK BOOKS ARE MUPPETS THEY MESSED UP A MIGRATION

Audrey

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

I really wanted this to work

Unfortunately my experience was poor. I loved their desktop program and really wanted to love their cloud solution just as much.

PROS

I love cloud solutions and the reports from this would have been nice.

CONS

I was hit with what seemed like every road block as I tried to switch from my Sage Desktop program into their cloud program. Customer Support was lacking and I ended up joining a Facebook support group of other accountant/bookkeepers making a similar switch. In the end I had to make the decision to let it go or loose my productivity.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

I signed up to be a part of the beta testing. I was hoping the migration of data would have gone smoothly from one Sage program to the next with data lose.

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

I mainly used Sage 50cloud for it's desktop features and felt the cloud connectivity was lacking.

Phil

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Accounting For The Small Business

PROS

Easy to use, intuitive and with great reporting tools that allow me to keep on top of my business performance. Invoicing to clients, profit and loss reports, VAT returns, keep up to date on cash flow and knowing how my business is performing every day

CONS

I want to be able to compare this YTD performance with LYTD performance and that isn't possible to do

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

Easy of use and the simplicity of installing it for the first time

Jeff

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Small Business Sage Cloud Accounting

Excellent, I am always surprised each time I speak with one of your support desk team, just how charming, patient and informed they are.... don't ever change that please. Im a fan .

PROS

Simplicity and exception support staff, well trained and friendly

CONS

wish it had easier search options, that it would recognise more key words when seeking a specific transaction.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

reputation and confidence that I had a recognised brand

Andrea

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Sage Accounting for every day

I use sage for my own practice, for my husband's business and I have 34 clients where I am the invited Accountant. This system is well designed to make accounting easier.

PROS

It is easy to set up and use. Because it is an online system it can be accessed anywhere anytime.

CONS

They do have some issues with slow or degradation but have been working on this. Also billing department is not easy to contact so have had issues there

Corinne

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Sage Accounting For Us

PROS

The cloud version of Sage works well for our business. We all have access to the same product which is up to date at all times.

CONS

The difference in price between the packages. We currently have Sage Accounting and were looking for a multi location stock programme. This would be on Line 50 Advanced which is over £150 per month difference in the price.

Dustin

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Not for mobile

It is pretty good just make sure itis setup properly from the get go

PROS

Links your cloud accounting with your bookeepers sage 50. If she/he is oldshcool and like working off spreadsheets and u want it on a cloud its real good.

CONS

Doesn’t work on any tablet I tried IPad and fire tablet and the short listing of products isnon functional making it useless for mobile. Also unable to print receipts for payments on multiple invoices is really annoying.

Matthew

Environmental Services, 1 employee

Sage review

Good so far, easy to set up if the time is put aside

PROS

I like the simplicity to use but professionalism of the output & easier than a spreadsheet

CONS

Sage, for me, is missing automatic chasing of overdue invoicing like you can do with other software for the same purpose. Unfortunately, it’s this element that is missing which is making me consider one of the other software available until safe catches up and introduces this feature. I also think it’s missing an easy way to put a part payment against an invoice unless I just haven’t figured it out yet

I have always liked sage and had sage 50 back in the day

Reviewed December 2023

Review - Sage

My overall experience with sage is okay, it is sometimes good.

PROS

The useability within sage is very good!

CONS

The speed especially when completing high frame rate work is difficult due to slower speeds

Food Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Really Easy Software for Non-Accountants

I honestly, couldn't imagine running my business without it. It's such an integral part of my business and frees up my time so that I can focus on other things. Truly outstanding!

PROS

I love the usability of this product. As a non-accountant, I feel able to easily keep track of my small business accounts with Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Plus, if ever there is a time where I don't know something and my accountant isn't available, the Sage help is excellent. I love the new addition of the Sage University which is going to be a real help in training my team.

CONS

I feel that for me personally, the cash flow forecasting is a bit complicated, but I'll admit I haven't fully explored this side of things, I tend to do all my budgeting on a spreadsheet but it would be handy to have it integrated with my accounts. Maybe a section that can look at the P&Ls for past years and recommend budgets for the months, quarters and year ahead. Again, it's not something I've fully looked into so it may already exist on the platform.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

It was recommended to me by my accountant who was already using the software for some other clients and after trialling it, I found it great.

Sheldon

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Sage Online Accounting

The software is good and reliable. Very few errors have happened to the software, since we have moved to the cloud. So Good.

PROS

You can log in from anywhere. Take on is easy. Invoicing is simple to use. Allocating receipts and payments straight from the important bank statements makes processing easy

CONS

The stock system does not intergrate well between the stock holdings and values and the balance sheet. Extra modules are required for this basic function and this does not always solve the problem. This results in clients needing to continuously reconcile stock to balance the Inventory Valuation to the Inventory Ledger.The project management systems need to be improved so individual and multiple projects can be quickly monitored in an income statement.

Reason for choosing Sage Accounting

I was familiar with the company and their support. I prefer their method of storing transactions. It is a South African Support base

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

We needed accessability in the cloud from multiple places and we needed to work with our clients on the same information, without them needing to bring their laptops to us.

Rebekah

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Brilliant product

Really good, does what it says on the tin (so to speak!), perfect for our use case.

PROS

Sage Accounting is very easy to use, it has a lot of useful features that make it stand out ahead of similar software

CONS

There isn't much that I don't like, but maybe some more customisation to the interface would be nice, to make things cleared to see when needed or to remove bits I don't want to see.

Due to local 'making tax digital' regulations in the UK

Bruno

Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Sage could accounting - innovative solution

Incredible experience, easy to use and helpful to develop the business.

PROS

Sage Business Cloud Accounting is an innovative solution based on the sage software that allows to combine the original one with the cloud solution, as future and digital transformations needs.

CONS

The software is quite expensive if companies does not needs all features presented.

Reasons for switching to Sage Accounting

Primavera features are not so good as Sage, which is perfect.

Reviewed January 2018

A solid accounts package. Many useful features allowing simple accounting for small businesses.

PROS

It is relatively intuitive for people with only a basic knowledge of business accounting. It allows easy manipulation of accounting data and you are able to provide periodical reports which means you always know the state of your companies finances. It can be accessed from anywhere and at any time and allows you to restrict certain users to particular areas. You are able to give your accountant a direct log in to your accounts which makes annual tax accounting very quick and simple. Sage One can be tied to your bank accounts so that all items that pass through your accounts can be automatically uploaded into sage saving lots of time on entering data. VAT filing and reports can be done instantly and sent directly to HMRC. Can also be used directly with Sage Payroll meaning all information from payroll is automatically added to Sage One accounts.

CONS

If you're internet connection is weak this can slow things down a bit though on the whole it is a very stable and trustworthy platform. The only thing I find a little bit weak is the inability to create direct backups of your accounts either your computer desktop or external drives. The only method of backing up the information is to print reports of all ledgers, invoices, receipts and audit trail. This means you will always have the information but in the event of a catastrophic failure it would be highly time consuming to re-input all the details. There would be no obvious method of doing this.

Reviewed January 2023

Awesome Account Software for all your needs

Sage Business cloud accounting has been a huge relief for my finance department making their records traceable.

PROS

The cloud deployment makes it a perfect solution

CONS

Adoption of multi factor authentication before users can login

Haba

Newspapers, 2-10 employees

Good and easy software.

PROS

Very easy to setup and use it. Nice and intuitive UX. A lot of good and useful features "ready at your fingertips"

CONS

Sometimes the loading speed is very very slow.

Martin