(8,267)

Browse Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

Huw from Dell Technologies

Industry: Computer Hardware

Salesforce CRM Review - Daily user

My overall experience using Salesforce has been good. I've used the application for 19 months and I'd say it took at least 3 months to get familiar with the tool. I work for an organisation of +180k and the tool is used widely across the business, which is a testament to its reliability and scalability. For smaller organisations, there is likely to be less complexity involved, as there will be less integration required with other applications - which Salesforce does incredibly well. To summarise, I'd say to prospective adopters of Salesforce, expect to invest some time in training new users of the tool but its remarkable functionality and capabilities far outweigh this ramp-up period.

Pros

-Highly customisable with deep and wide integration with my organisations SaaS or natively developed applications. -Allows you to produce very detailed reports to track my own activity and history. Which can also be used by management to track team progress and activity. -A customisable dashboard that allows frequently uses tabs to be populated to a "bookmarks bar" which allows for faster navigation. -Great search feature that allows for search across the entire CRM database.

Cons

-Due to its high functionality and range of options it can be overbearing to use at times. -Requires internet connection which means there is occasional latency and is not accessible at all times. -Visually, it's not the most appealing tool that I've ever used. -Steep learning curve for those that have not used it before, but then that goes for most CRM tools.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Due to employment change when I moved companies.

Eric R from NEON ID

Salesforce is the best CRM if money is no issue and you customize it to your needs

SFS was a great solution for a company I worked for because I was able to spend the time to configure for optimal use. By understand the needs of the sales team, support team, and even our engineers who had minimal interaction with SFS, I was able to achieve a lot. I never got us into internal messaging, but I did improve our lead capture and qualification process with SFS.

Pros

SFS is a very powerful piece of software that is a dream if you take the the time to configure it and a nightmare if you don't. Those who fail with SFS are the people who think it's a turnkey solution that you can just buy and start using. Nope. You need to configure the heck out of it to suit your needs. If you take it seriously, capture workflows and goals for your team well, and take the time to set it up, you will be very happy with this solution. It doesn't need to take years, but it does take dedicated time.

Cons

The pricing is high. Social media tools for the application are pretty weak. Plus, out of the box, it's overwhelming and just not usable.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] liked the power of Salesforce and felt that a weak sales pipeline would hurt us. So, we focused on optimizing, getting many module solutions to add to Salesforce, and it was working well. The sheer mass of options in the Salesforce Marketplace was also impressive and led to us thinking this was the right solution for people not afraid of paying for the premium option.

utkarsh from Capgemini

One shot solution for Business to maintain Sales and Leads

Experience with salesforce is amazing as it is a place where you get to implement all the out of box functionalities and provide a great solution to the business. The automation tool have made most of the task very easy and in a organized way. Lightning Components are developed which can display and capture the data from the user which is great . Most of the things can be done using standard functionalities and if not then we can use apex classes to implement business logic and using that there is no limits in salesforce you can do whatever implementation you can think of .

Pros

Salesforce service cloud a complete package of solution to the business or industry which has there product and sales , Leads , Campaigns etc are included . There are out of the box functionality which helps the business with multiple automation tools etc. There are standard object such as Campaigns , Trade Shows , Leads, Pricebook etc which can directly be used to store the data . There are tools of salesforce such as workflowes , process builder , flows which are used to automate things such as record update or sending a email to the client automatically. We can build lightning components which can be used as a User Interface by the client to add the details and interested area. Leads can be generated through multiple campaigns where a client login and shows interest in some products . Those leads are assigned to a queue or a particular team using Lead assignment rules so that they can work on it and convert the Lead . Salesforce is a cloud based technology so it is available with you wherever you go . The data will be stored in Salesforce itself and there is no chance to lose data of clients . Overall its a great package provided by Salesforce to large business to make things easy for them.

Cons

The lightning experience is really slow as compared to Classic . it usually takes time to reload the website as it is totally cloud based technology . They cn much better work on the user interface to make it real quick as loading the Lightning Components and web components takes time to load . The mobile experience on Tabs is not that great and can be improved.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Because specific to sales this tool provides a complete package . And increasing use of salesforce new features are daily getting added . Overall it is much advanced than any other tool.

September 2016

Sal from Visionary Communications

September 2016

Salesforce: Helps Improve Internal Communications/External Customer X

Pros

I have been using, recommending and adopting salesforce.com for my sales teams for ten years in several different digital technology, media and advertising organizations. I can say unequivocally that the CRM software has evolved from being a supplement and "nice to have" to a must buy and necessary and vital tool for doing business. The key to any business solutions and software product is getting the team to adopt and use it. Training and practice is essential. Its like your golf game, the more you practice the better your score or working out, no pain, no gain. I like the social media and conversational abilities you can have with sales team; the app is excellent for quick reviews and checking on status of pending, pitches and prospects; the flexibility and customization options based o salesperson, account, deal size, industry vertical. In one organization we adopted it for internal sales data use and tracking and also incorporated product data about our partners, customers, audience metrics and analytics and distribution platform.

Cons

Depending on the level of subscription, will also vary with the amount of personalized training you receive. I would also say there needs to be more attention and customization devoted to industry verticals that contain many nuances regarding customer segments and rev streams. This includes the advertising and digital sales industries where there are multiple customer touchpoints and rev streams including agencies, direct to client, programmatic, 3rd party vendors, ad tech partners etc. I also think saleforce.com needs to develop more compatible software and training that integrates salesforce,com into other software linked to finance, accounting etc.

Kara from 360 AV Design Group

Near Flawless Software

I love this product and what it offers to your sales team and your venue for tracking (current and future) business. I love the salesforce team I worked with to set this product up; from start to finish, they were by my side (and my teams side) to ensure it rolled out as seamless as possible. I love how inclusive the product is of the sales, services and inventory process; everything lives in the database. Moreover, because it is cloud based, you can utilize the software from an ipad while conducting a site visit or working from home and you dont have to worry about backing up the data. Gone are the days of paper files because you can store literally everything (past, present and future) for a particular group/ client/ program within their account. Outside of a few spin off components that need updating, I absolutely love this product!

Pros

I recently transitioned out of venues and over to the vendor side of things. However, while in venues (90% of my career) I participated in the implementation of salesforces' product delphi.fdc (latest version) in my last two positions (Director of Events at a country club 2016-2018 and Sales Manager at a Boutique Hotel 2018-2020). While at the Country Club, I completed extensive research reviewing SalesForce against several other standard industry event softwares. SalesForce is the most streamlined and inclusive option available. As a vendor, there are numerous tools that would not apply to my current position however if I was still working in venues, I would be pushing for the delphi.fdc as the best option to prepare teams for their current workload and any curve balls the future may throw their way.

Cons

However, there are some spin off components to the software that may still need some work such as meeting matrix. The set up process is lengthy and requires a lot of back log work to ensure old data that is moved over is clean and new habits are in place for your team to ensure the new system remains clean.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce is a superior product when compared to most softwares.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Initial motivation was software was moving online only. After additional research into other products, the need for the software to do more than Reserve was capable of doing was immensely important in order to streamline internal processes and procedures.

Emily from Visier Inc.

Forever a Love Hate Relationship as an SFDC Admin

If you are a brand new Salesforce customer, regardless of your company size, MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH AND HIRE A SOLID AND TRUSTWORTHY TEAM TO SETUP YOUR INSTANCE out-of-the-box and that THEY DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT everything they've done within SFDC. Also, PICK YOUR ADMINS, POWER-USERS, AND DEVELOPERS CAREFULLY AND MINDFULLY! Do NOT let inexperienced/basic users have admin rights. SFDC is SOOOOOOOO easy to mess all the way up if you're not careful and will end up costing your company way more money and time to fix and typically, as I have seen personally too many times, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]'s will just blame the tool itself and fire their SFDC resources assuming it's their fault the platform doesn't meet needs and even just cancel the contract. Then they're left scrambling to meet even basic business needs while putting their large goals in an unattainable/unachievable position. Never trust a [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to know anything about or be reliable sources for what is done in and with SFDC.

Pros

I LOVE Lightning as a whole, and I personally believe it was Salesforce's best huge update/release since I first started using the platform in 2011. My favorite Lightning feature is Lightning App Builder for its non-code-based UI and its simplified yet vast customization capabilities. I also f*ing love AppExchange, Trailhead, and the seemingly endless list of available integrations.

Cons

I'm sorry (but not sorry) to say, I HATE how very very little SFDC has improved their incumbent reporting and dashboard functionalities and UI. It's been one of the primary areas of SFDC, as an admin, I use the absolute most yet I always find myself having to resort to external reporting/data analysis tools (shout out to my Ride-or-Die, Excel!) to accomplish all of the data analysis and reporting needed in my role. Einstein Analytics (formerly Wave Analytics) is a godsend but costs a little too much ON TOP OF the already exorbitant price we pay just for base licenses.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce leads the CRM industry, of course, so it's usually a companies first choice when acquiring a CRM. It integrates with almost everything, has a nebulous laundry list of functionalities and customizations, there's super valuable free resources available from AppExchange to Trailhead and more, and so on.

Greg from OPTUM HOME SOLUTIONS-AZ, LLC / Bath Planet of Central Arizona

Salesforce is expensive, powerful, confusing, but awesome

Pros

What I like about Salesforce is how flexible it is. You can customize/create just about anything you can imagine in Salesforce.

Cons

There is a very steep learning curve as a new administrator. If you don't understand relational databases and object-based programming you're in trouble.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

We had the old version of i360 that was locally hosted. And we switched to their current version which is hosted on Salesforce

Angelo from Aura Systems

Salesforce Sales Cloud: Top CRM Available on the Market

Im having organized my customer base together with its contextual information, deals, opportunities, and more.

Pros

What I like is the most is all the extensive information you can have in the same software. For each client on a centralized software you could have hundreds of contacts, locations, opportunities, quotes, assets, related accounts, and more.

Cons

What I like least is the mobile app, I think it shouuld be improved to have further functionality than just viewing the information of the accounts. Also there are some manual processes in filling forms that could be automated (or could be improved by using templates).

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Training material available online, support by Salesforce Team, etc.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

We were looking for a CRM with more integration possibilities (with billing softwares).

Tarek from RZ Consulting

SalesForce : Gives power to boost Sales

I liked using SalesForce in the workplace, where it helped alot bringing together the end customers and the companies (Clients and merchants/providers), playing a key role in streamlining the value chain and making technology add a tremendous value to businesses, and to clients.

Pros

What attracted me and improved our experience with SalesForce is that this tool engages sales marketing and technical teams in a very smart and intuitive way. SalesForce not only eases up the process, but it also helps every team member or stakeholder to grow their sales and tech skills through using SalesForce over time.

Cons

What we did like least in SalesForce is that configuration and implementation require advanced knowledge of the software, other than that, the fact of paying for add-ons on the top of the license makes it quite expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

We have chosen SalesForce over these other softwares because our team members are more familiar with SalesForce, this means that it is mandatory to have SalesForce skills in-house, and that the reliance on custmer service is not a great option.

Ogaga from Newtopia

Evaluate other Sales platform before using Salesforce

Pros

It had a lot of learning content and the community is huge so you are not alone in trying to figure things out around Sakesforce.

Cons

So many times, we had to do trial and error. Many things did not work for our use case and it is very expensive to have. It hasn't been the best for Sales at my current firm. They've had a range of issues with it coupled with permission issues which we've tried to make it work, eventually the sales team moved on.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

One of the executives thought it would work best for our use case

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Our internal platform was badly developed and managed at the time

Kiodashio from DahGeo Studios

Outstanding tool for managing Sales

My experience has been great with Salesforce but then again I love managing & having access to details. I will definitely recommend this if you have a business with a sizable sales team opposed to a small startup business with a very small team. However it depends on your desire for complex data management. If you're seeking to manage details; this is for you and it's actually great doing so too.

Pros

absolutely love Salesforce, visually it has a clean look.  I would have to say that its one of the top CRM’s out there. It's extremely integratable, customizable, and great for tracking sales and managing your leads. This is great for your business giving all users easy access to key information while at the same time you can easily see all of your client’s activity.

Cons

It can be difficult to make changes down the road as your business evolves and changes. Unfortunately the changes can be rather time consuming. Unfortunately sometimes the load times could lag.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Because I found it more focused & designed for sales related tracking and data management.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Although I still use Excel for a majority of my data entry; instead of using it for tracking my sales, I find it more streamline to use Salesforce instead since it appears to have been designed for sales related tracking and data management.

Un CRM completo pero muy complejo

Es un CRM que puede hacer casi cualquier cosa, pero que requiere de un equipo de desarrolladores para poder alcanzar su máximo nivel. Además, el soporte no es muy bueno, y en ocasiones, ofrece respuestas vanas y que no aplican a lo que se pregunta.

Pros

El CRM por excelencia. Es innegable que como software para el seguimiento de ventas es el más potente. Además permite hacer casi cualquier cosa y es 100% customizable a la necesidad de cualquier empresa sea cual sea su modelo de negocio.

Cons

Pero uno de los mayores inconvenientes de este software es su complejidad. Es necesario un buen equipo de desarrollo no solo para ponerlo en marcha, si no, para continuar sacándole partido a largo plazo.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Dynamic cesó la actividad de su software y borró todo el contenido.

Christopher from Reach Content Creators

The Best Tool for Converting Leads to Long Term Clients

In terms of lead, contact, and opportunity management, Salesforce is the benchmark. It's fun to play and works with pretty about everything. Their mobile app still has some flaws, but the call-to-logged-activity feature is rather useful. Of course, you get out of something like this what you put into it, so it's only as good as your team's willingness to use it correctly and successfully. It's highly configurable - to the point of becoming unusable - so you can tweak it to your liking. It's difficult at first, especially for newcomers to handling this type of programme, but with daily management and training, you'll find Salesforce to be really beneficial not only for the business, but also for the personal skill set that I've developed through the years of using it.

Pros

This will keep track of anything you put into it with precision. Do you require a new field? Make it, track it, include it into reports, whatever you want to do with it. Whatever you require, such as logged calls, activities, contracts, and documents, is readily constructed in and can interface with nearly everything in a plain form, including custom fields. Its widespread use aids not only integration but also sales team and senior leadership comprehension. Nearly everyone is familiar with Salesforce, including what it is and what it does, as well as how to interpret many of its reports. It's simple to obtain buy-in, put together a team to manage it, and get sales and operations teams to understand and implement it. -Integration is comprehensive and deep. - Enables you to make incredibly detailed reports in order to keep track of activity and history. It can be used by management to keep track of team progress and activities. - A custom dashboard that enables for the loading of frequently used tabs into a "bookmarks bar" for faster navigation. - A superb search feature that allows you to search the entire CRM database. -It can be integrated with mail domains to provide real-time updates to emails. -Customer service is aided by ticketing approach.

Cons

Except for the initial setup time required to effectively manage the system in place and set up the right job management for each corresponding area, there may be little to hate about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Though HubSpot is a good software, it is not as intuitive as required for an average user to use. While doing research for a new tool, this was one of the deciding factor. Salesforce Sales Cloud provides an intuitive workflow and serves as the a time saving tool. Also API features (including performance) in HubSpot CRM are limited, and email workflow capabilities are overly inflexible, resulting in a highly complex workflow management process.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

The interface is not very intuitive and requires constant tech support.

Daihrii from Freelance

Industry: Graphic Design

The No.1 CRM tool for your successful business

Salesforce is appropriate for bigger associations that have a huge outreach group, or enormous client confronting unit. In the event that you require a lot of client touchpoints, your association can profit from the intricacies of programming like Salesforce. It deals with the multifaceted subtleties of clients to construct enduring connections and close arrangements. You can undoubtedly see the entirety of the action with customers if your group is working effectively contributing the information. It is less suitable for new businesses or solopreneurs since it tends to be tedious to deal with the entirety of the information input needed to give you great yield and make the instrument helpful and significant. Having a group and dealing with the information together is the thing that will have the effect of this apparatus helping or upsetting your prosperity. Support Rating: 8 A significant chunk of time must pass to get into contact with help if genuinely required and I frequently end up attempting to sort it out all alone rather than with online assets. On the off chance that they would knock up the degree of recordings and FAQs online to be more thorough, easy to use, or give nearby preparation whenever mentioned, it would be more valuable for my association.

Pros

> Salesforce is so easy to use. The plan is so natural, next to no preparation is required before you're off running and receiving esteem in return. It's anything but an advanced Rolodex with all the data you should be fruitful. > The thorough detailing capacities make it simple to oversee groups and see where improvement can be carried out. Effectively perceive how every delegate is getting along creating drives, following up, and meeting objectives contrasted with the past. > Customization permits you to perceive what's essential to you, not what Salesforce believes is significant. Effectively oversee objectives, track progress, and oversee specialty units to see how your association is performing.

Cons

> With more prominent adaptability to alter, Salesforce can get overpowering. Setting aside the effort to set it up to really meet your particular necessities can get baffling, yet whenever it's done you'll be happy you invested the energy.

Robert from Christian International

Best CRM ever made!

Since transitioning to Salesforce Sales Cloud, we have been able to build and automate complex processes to reduce redundant tasks, mitigate error, and provide an exceptional customer experience for our constituents.

Pros

Before using Salesforce's Sales Cloud, we used another CRM that was as deficient as it was clunky. Salescloud has literally revolutionized how we do business and manage our constituents. And the fact that you can customize and configure the system to work exactly as you need/want it for your specific use case is by far its greatest strength and the thing I love most about this software.

Cons

I wish the app-exchange was more vastly populated with solutions like Apple or Android. It can be somewhat challenging at times to find the right solution or app provider OTB, this forcing you to take the route of custom development or third party integrations.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

UX, UI, Functionality, and Configurability were far superior in Salesforce.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Stakeholders felt that we needed a new solution that would adequately meet our needs and limit the frustration and discontent among staff.

Royce Renzo from DSV

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Salesforce on an administrators review.

I can say I had a lot of fun using it as an Administrator. At first, it's very challenging specially for the newbies like handling this kind of application but with daily management and training you'll find Salesforce very helpful not just for the business but also on the personal skill set that I gained with years of using it.

Pros

What I like the most with Salesforce its automation and analytics. It makes our job easier as an admin to maintain the application and and also to manage different end users that rely on its function to deliver the needs of the business.

Cons

The complexity. Sometimes its very hard to do some task since the application it self is designed with such complexity. Sometimes I found it hard to follow some procedure in salesforce specially when handling it for the first time.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

I don't really know since I was only an administrator for Salesforce on our company.

Frank from Living Faith Church World Wide

Salesforce the sure CRM

Overall, I'd strongly recommend this app because it has a very good system for coordinating corporate operation, it's very easy to use, the navigation could be improved, and the load time is fast.

Pros

Salesforce is an excellent tool that is very useful and budget-friendly, and it already has a lot of features to run regular tasks, arrange help tickets, and set reminders for important to-dos, whether they are urgent or not. It's also useful for integrating with other software for easier management, such as calendar apps. It includes sorting, categorizing, and marking filters, as well as a search tool.

Cons

The only thing I found was that getting to where you want to go in this CRM took a lot of clicks. To open a specific ticket, for example, you'd have to first open a demo page before being able to open the ticket with the actual material. Although the site mapping was improved internally to and the amount of time it took to navigate from one page to the next. So far, it is the only disadvantage.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce was a cloud-based CRM system, and it has since dominated the industry. It occurred to me that it was past time for me to join the cloud revolution.

Kunle from Computer software

Top CRM if you know how to customize or can hire someone to

I used the platform as an employer, employee and now as a consultant. The platform is amazing as a place to store your data and make it actionable. Salesforce is constantly investing in improvements so if something is lacking, you will usually see a new feature that fills the gap in one of its release updates. And if there isn't something, Salesforce gives you enough access to the backend that you can build it/have someone build it for you.

Pros

The ability to customize around any data solutions that your company needs is a huge benefit of the platform. And its popularity means there are integrations with most sales and marketing tools.

Cons

The setup and implementation require a Salesforce administrator. You can navigate some things on your own but without hiring someone or finding a consulting partner to customize your applications, you won't get much value.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce has its core focus on CRM management and is definitely a leader in the space. There are definitely tools that might be more user-friendly but less powerful/scalable.

Angel from Homeless Services Network of Central Florida

Salesforce Get Me

Using Salesforce for many years has helped keep track of everything business. We use it to track and organize email, notes, files and reports on clients and employees. We use the dashboard feature and notifications to stay on top of needs and alerts. It makes us more efficient in our work and our planning.

Pros

I love the flexibility, the expandability, the collaboration I achieve with the entire organization has helped make us more efficient as a whole.

Cons

The software is expensive yet they did give a non-profit discount that is appreciated. The buy-in from all users is also challenging just due to it being a new software.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Zoho CRM was rated as good but we needed something that has established itself as a leader in the industry and we just went for Platinum service.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

G Suite is good but it is not as durable and easily expandable to multiple needs as Salesforce.

Alain Jove from Sales Retention Services

The CRM worth buying

Overall, this app is something I'd definitely recommend as it has a very good system for organizing corporate activity, ease of use is very good, navigation wise it can be improved, load time is fast, and above all I haven't experienced any downtime when I was using this CRM.

Pros

Salesforce is one awesome tool that is very useful and budget-wise that is already full of functionality to run daily tasks, organize tickets for support, reminders for important to do's whether needing immediate attention or non-urgent ones. It is also great with integrations for easier management such as with calendar apps. It has your sort functions, filters for categorizing, labeling, and disposition tagging for at a glance view. The one thing I observed about this CRM is it doesn't lag although a lot of users are already accessing the same interface, which means it has a stable platform and servers that can accommodate the bandwidth of multiple users. I can safely say that it allocates a significant storage to avoid the nuisance of pages loading slowly. Not only that, so far there are no reported issues of their database being breached or any intrusions which is very harmful for businesses and their trade secrets. It is vital since client data is the backbone of a business. I'm glad that they have established these safeguards well to make their product reliable and trustworthy.

Cons

The only thing I noticed is it took a lot of clicks to get you to where you want to go in this CRM. For example, in opening a particular ticket, you'd have to open a preview page first before being able to open the ticket with the actual content itself. Although the site mapping was remedied internally to lessen the time of navigating from one page to another. So far that's the only downside I've encountered.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Comparing Zendesk navigation with Salesforce, the latter was a little easier compared to the former. The higher ups had also previously used Salesforce that's why it was the one being chosen as the company CRM.

Regina from Real Estate

Powerful, All in One CRM

I am a Salesforce Admin and I work in Salesforce daily. I enjoy using the CRM, I find it very easy to use and reliable.

Pros

I like the tons of features that Salesforce has built into it. Those features are easy to use, easy to implement, and adoption rates are relatively high, even for people without a technical background (very important for sales users).

Cons

I found Salesforce difficult to navigate when I first started using it, so it can seem daunting to new users until they get a feel for navigation. I also feel that Salesforce is rather expensive per license. I know the cost is worth it for all of the features that are provided, but still rather expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

We were already using Salesforce so decided to end the life of our Dynamics CRM.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

We needed more integration with third-party systems that we were not achieving in Dynamics CRM.

Evan from SOS International

Salesforce NPSP - Pricey, but will give you room to grow

Great! If possible, I recommend ensuring you have someone in-house with at least 3 years experience before deployment. We contract a Salesforce Developer who aids non-profits specifically to aid in back-end matters.

Pros

I love that it has given our non-profit a space to grow into. Too often, non-profits find themselves barred by limits placed on the number of Contacts being retained. Most pricing is based around this figure which is tiresome when you are looking to gain momentum without having to have constant upgrades. Salesforce is massive and delivers in what it says it will do.

Cons

It is challenging to learn. I would have appreciated options for non-profit teams to have discount pricing on trainings with use. This would have provided for shared trust in the CRM, rather than knowledge given to a few who then became internal advocates for the system.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

We desired the best. We understood NPSP was in its infancy stages, but were confident that this was the best choice for our own projections of donor base growth 5 years down the road- and we were right.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

eTapestry was not easy to grow with. Moreover; it didn’t provided the diversity of integrations we needed to expand our impact. Salesforce is the best in its field. I believe it has room to mature with Nonprofits. When they invest in that sector- they will be unrivaled.

May the SalesFORCE be with you!

Salesforce is a game-changer for our organization. We've reported out on items that previously we hadn't in years. There's very little manual effort now as we have so many triggers setup for automation.

Pros

Without Salesforce our organization simply would not be able to function as quickly as we do now. We have so many automation processes and workflows setup that has saved us a lot of time. We use this platform across 15 departments in our organization, and it continues to grow. Everyone who sees the benefits of this great CRM... asks for User licenses... it's that good. We love the Contact Management, Lead-> Opportunity tracking and most importantly the Reports and Dashboards!

Cons

Salesforce can be pricey especially as it grows within an organization, so that would be the one setup. However, they do offer a Non-Profit Starter pack that I'd recommend small non-profit organizations to look into.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce seemed to be the Enterprise leader and due to the open-API features, it was a no brainer to move forward.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce was true cloud based and has dominated the market. We felt it's time for us to join the cloud movement.

Olufemi from EOH (MPC Recruiters)

What is Salesforce

Salesforce is a client relationship the board (CRM) stage that lets organizations oversee client questions, grumblings, and discussions, from any source, across the board place. This makes it simpler to oversee and address client issues, and to dissect deals and advertising execution, improving consumer loyalty and boosting business development through new and holding clients. The Salesforce stage can tie-up a lot of various ways that organizations converse with clients. For instance, it can oversee web-based media communications, promoting efforts, online live visits, calls, and messages. Salesforce likewise offers numerous extra administrations that may prove to be useful for organizations. It calls the entirety of its various contributions "mists" and there are heaps of them: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Community Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and Analytics Cloud to name the most well known. Each comes in at an alternate value, which you can have custom-fitted to your business with our supportive CRM quote device. Anyway numerous Clouds you pick, they would all be able to be gotten to through the single, bound together Salesforce CRM stage — making it simpler to learn and comprehend the product. It's additionally accessible on Android and iOS cell phones, just as on work areas. This makes it overly simple for home and telecommuters.

Pros

Salesforce CRM was worked to address the issues of undertakings and huge organizations, yet as the SaaS world detonated and independent venture arrangements turned out to be more normal, Salesforce extended its extension with smoothed out alternatives that were simpler and more reasonable to get fully operational. Today, the CRM goliath offers clients of each kind admittance to incredible business programming with a lot of customization alternatives. The valuing scale Salesforce utilizes makes it simple for developing organizations to work out profoundly progressed frameworks, piece-by-piece, as they develop. The sheer versatility of Salesforce settles on it a fantastic decision for organizations that are rapidly extending. The Salesforce AppExchange store is one manner by which CRM clients can work out adjustable frameworks. Through the store, Salesforce offers outsider incorporations for a huge number of applications and programming items that range from in-house Salesforce additional items to outsider arrangements (both paid and free).

Cons

Evaluating alternatives with Salesforce can immediately get confounded, and numerous clients gripe about an absence of lucidity with regards to what is incorporated and what costs extra. Clients who imperfect from Salesforce frequently refer to this sort of disarray.

Kelly Michael from Fiber Optic Center

Excellent Features, Wide-Ranging, Enterprise-Level CRM

As I always say, you get what you pay for and that's certainly true with Salesforce. Adding Salesforce to your tech stack is a big investment, but one that will almost certainly pay for itself.

Pros

Salesforce is incredibly robust for automation and capturing data if you have a knowledgeable administrator at the helm of your business. Being able to create different sections (objects), fields, reports and rules in a matter of minutes makes it the best CRM I have ever used.

Cons

In Salesforce, everything is connected, which can often times cause errors or minor issues when making a simple change/addition. The software is getting better at educating users and administrators, but it lacks the full ability to debug easily.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce had more to offer when it came to reporting and automation.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Dynamics was difficult to get a full picture of our business and the UI was not allowing our users to succeed. We needed a software that will continue to evolve and allow us to modernize our business processes.

Jeff from RESOLUT RE

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Very functional product

Pros

Industry leading software Massive community support network High volume of add-ins and extensions Intuitive natural user interface (lightning) Easy reporting Highly customizable

Cons

Some administration/development is quite complicated for newer admins Product support, even on premier, is frustrating. Had to explain the same issue to each tier of support. Often I resolved our issue on my own. Mobile app has been inconsistently working for both iPhone and Android for the last year or so. Some browser based issues & Mac v. PC Java based issues.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Pipedrive was not as powerful / customizable as we were accustomed to with Insightly. Apto is based on Salesforce but is highly tailored and not customizable as well. Ultimately, a system with the ability to customize workflows, designs/interfaces, and integrations was critical to our need.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Insightly was failing our organization for multiple reasons. The user interface was never the prettiest and the system took a lot to train users to use. However, the biggest sin was several API updates broke various integrations we had. After a few fatal API updates we decided to jump ship to another system.

Doug from TRG, LTD.

It does it all

SF is the tool to have. It's already an amazing platform but continues to grow. SF continually invests in new products that enhance the features already available and continually rolls out updates with 3 major releases per year. Like any technology, it's consistently improving but they are already a leader and mainstay in this space.

Pros

Most people believe SF to be a CRM and while that is true, it's much more than that. It's a platform that leverages the technology of the CRM and is so easily customized that it can manage your entire business. This is the next generation of technology for every business need.

Cons

While the capabilities are nearly endless, not everything is offered out of the box. SF offers a lot of different products and has an extensive community of 3rd party app providers that allow for additional functionality that can be installed. Some of these products are free while others are paid beyond the initial licensing purchase through SF.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

The features that SF offers and the ease of customization make it the leader.

Ron from IHS

Everything you would ever need including a large monthly bill

Overall my experience has been great. It's expensive, complex, powerful and huge. It will do anything you need. I've become a big fan.

Pros

Salesforce is extremely customizable. I have been able to make it do pretty much everything I need. It has allowed me to shape and mold it to perfectly fit our sales processes and workflow. I love this software. The customer support has been outstanding as well. There is always somebody that can field my questions. I like the web-hosting. I like the layout of the UI. My sales people of been ab le to quickly adopt it.

Cons

This software is expensive. Unless you buy the Enterprise license (the most expensive), you're going to get nickel-and-dimed. Just found out I'm going to need to pay $25 extra for each user per month just so I can use the API which will let me automate my integration with Quickbooks. The Salesforce Inbox app looks amazing, but that's going to cost me extra as well. Want more custom workflows? You'll need to pay extra. Want click-to-call functionality? Get out your wallet. Also, because of the complexity of learning the system and building out a custom installation for my business, it has almost become a fulltime job for me. I don't know how any business could adopt Salesforce without a technical admin with lots of spare time. I absolutely hate the "cutesy" visual branding. The artistic decorations in the UI make it feel like I'm using some scrap-booking software. I feel like the look-and-feel was designed for a pre-teen girl. Children dressed up in animal costumes, cartoon animals, floating animated hearts... really?? What were they thinking. It is the opposite of professional. When my sales team first saw the branding they immediately assumed this was some children's software. It made a lousy first impression. The features are amazing, but dressing them with flowers and ice-cream detracts.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

The expansive feature-set in Salesforce dwarfs all others. I have not found any other product than can compete against the features of Salesforce.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Needed a solution with a better CRM and I needed a seamless integration with Quickbooks

Cost effective and very efficient CRM

I helped in implementing corporate engagement plan for donation management. It has easily defined schema and took less time to customize the module.

Pros

Easily defined, fully connected and talking features. It is widely popular in each industry sector, market leader and radical in changing the whole ecosystem of CRM industry. SaaS or PaaS it has changed whole ecosystem. Every company which is on on Salesforce has saved tonnes of money and time while focusing on their potential.

Cons

Too many customizations lead to duplicate efforts. It releases so many versions so fast that sometime unnecessary update clients do.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

free 10 user for Non profit success pack by salesforce.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Sheets were not talking to each other. It was not easy to capture all the historical movements in the account.

Quang from Cubic

Industry: Defense & Space

Salesforce for forecasting and managing product portfolio and customer orders

Salesforce is probably the best forecasting tool out there. You can use the Stage and Probability to determine when to start buying parts and building your products. This helps shorten the lead time for customer orders. Sales can also use this to move the opportunity along based on the confidence and feedback they get from the customers. Salesforce also helps maintaining the product portfolio. By using the forecasting mentioned above, you can determine whether to end-of-sales a product (if the trend is down) or increase a product's inventory (if the trend is up). You can set a criteria that only active products are available for Sales to use on their quotes to the customers.

Pros

- Stage and Probability fields to track confidence levels of an opportunity. - Award Date to designate Booking Date (when we receive the customer order or PO). - Date to designate Ship Date (when we shipped the customer order). - Multiple custom fields can be added to tailor to the company. - Approvals to move an opportunity from one Stage to the next in the workflow. - History to track the opportunity's lifecycle. - Able to attach files to an opportunity. - Able to track quotes sent to the customer. - Easy to clone an opportunity so it saves time recreating similar data. - GUI is easy to follow and find information. - Easy to create reports. - Can integrate with other apps. - Able to mark a product as active, released, obsolete, etc.

Cons

The web interface's speed is dependent on the company's IT infrastructure. If the server is slow, the network is slow, then Salesforce will run slow. Since Salesforce uses the web interface, it is affected by the same deficiencies of the web browser.

Sarah from Studio Flight

Salesforce - Marketing & Lead Gen

We are using Salesforce to streamline new business leads and nurture leads into actual sales. We are able to analyze, vet, engage, and track the progress of the new leads we receive from our Facebook lead gen ads. Salesforce integrates directly into Facebook's Business Manager and automatically imports new leads in real-time. We are also able to see the cost per lead acquired and other rich insights from our Facebook and Instagram ad campaigns that get directly populated into our dash.

Pros

Salesforce is one of the most powerful and sophisticated CRMs available. The onboarding process and demos with the reps were exceptionally helpful. The reps really took time to understand our CRM needs, our workflow process, and how we can best utilize/adopt Salesforce into our new business department to grow revenue and track progress. The tool is completely customizable and has very advanced marketing integrations within the cloud. The ability to track leads and history (who followed up and when) and add notes and assign leads to specific people makes the entire workflow so much more efficient. It's worth the price tag if you take advantages of the features.

Cons

We wish the marketing cloud add on wasn't so expensive. There are many tools available that offer the same features such as Sprout Social and Hubspot. However, the price was a little steep for the $6,000. I also wish pricing was a bit more transparent. The discounts and contract lengths have been very inconsistent in our experience.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Great reviews and exceptional customer service/reps.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Much more advanced features for large scale lead gen needs.

Abhinav from Trident Limited

Salesforce : From good-to-have to need-it-badly

The opportunity conversion rates showed an initial tanking but that was because we didn't figure out the actual lost opportunities earlier so from that perspective we have captured and entire new range of leads which we earlier lost without acknowledgment. Cannot share the actual conversion rate change due to business limitations but yes has impacted our top and bottom line.

Pros

The lead curation process visibility, lead pursuit success and opportunity conversion rates are the key asks of any sales manager and sales leadership's top indicators for a health assessment of the business in general and marketing and sales efficiency in particular. The integration with ERP software while tough to achieve is of great utility

Cons

The configuration changes as per the client requirement are limited and bringing up to speed is a little tough to manage for Project managers like me and the integration with ERP for an entire picture dashboard reality is very challenging. Dashboard creation being a remote feature doesn't help the case.

Braden from Best Packaging, Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Excellent CRM

Overall, considering I have used this program across numerous organizations, both as a new implementation and as an existing platform; I would say it is a superb CRM system. Additionally, I have used two other CRM systems, and neither meet the functionality as well as Salesforce.

Pros

I have been a part of numerous business organizations that used Salesforce. One that integrated it into a business and one that had used it, essentially, since inception. In the business where we switched CRM systems, from the user standpoint the transition was somewhat seamless. Although expansive in product functionality, it has a pretty simple user interface, making it easy to pick up. Salesforce offers the excellent feature of customizing reports, either to export or to feature on a cloud-based reporting dashboard.

Cons

The biggest struggle that I have had to date is with the 'new' lightning interface. To be fair, as with anything new, it requires time and patience. However some of the items, like the report builder, is far less intuitive than the original. It offers a block-style builder platform that features what I can only describe as a partial-drag-and-drop function. The system automatically adds items to a grouping when selected, however upon initial interaction looks like a drag and drop menu. It's a little confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, isn't an issue.

Scott from Ideagen, Inc

Salesforce doesn't lack the power, but suffers in process flow and visuals

Interactions with Support at the time were forced. In terms of Ease of use: I believe the tool was fairly simple to follow when used consistently. The lead and contact managment elements of the tool were very strong and nuanced. From generating new leads, connecting them to an email campaign, nurturing the leads to the next stages of the cycle and then converting the leads into customers. For us, selling software, converting them to clients and then using Salesforce to track the implementation and consulting component was crucial. Salesforce did a wonderful job and reducing duplication. I definitely was able to handle more volume of prospects with Salesforce and direct my attention and activities to the highest value. And that is the point of the Sales side of a CRM.

Pros

Salesforce is a fantastic option for larger businesses that need powerful sales and service functionality within an integrated environment. I was just one team member of many, but I believe the tracking ability of a robust pipeline of prospects and the tools available to capture, recall, execute and update records through an elongated sales process allowed me to be more effective and efficient with my client time. Salesforce brags on its sales, marketing, and analytics toolset and in general these did not disappoint. The drill-down capabilities from the analytics dashboards were useful. Also, the ability to tie your email correspondence with prospects to quickly recall your last interaction was critical.

Cons

The internal tools for messaging and communication appeared archaic to me and almost always circumvented in favor of our own favorited instant messaging and posting platforms. The design of the data input screens was oddly spaced and placed. It wasn't the best flow when capturing info. However, admittedly, the platform allowed for great automation in the workflow and setup of custom fields. I don't believe my company spent the time evaluating the best use of the tool. And so my advice is to get a good definition of your processes and standards so that you can utilize Salesforce to the fullest.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

My company was acquiring other companies and needed a larger platform with room to grow as well as a standard in which to demand throughout the organization.

Easy to Use

We can track all of our leads and opportunities from how they are coming from all the way to the final disposition of the leads and everything in between. We are very happy with Salesforce and can't imagine ever using another CRM.

Pros

This product was very easy to install and includes a cloud version. For most small, medium and some larger size businesses, this software will meet all of your Sales and Marketing needs. This software is a great overall value for the price point. Customer service is great!

Cons

There is a slight learning curve as this software has so must functionality and is very robust. Other than that the possibilities for your sales team with this software are limitless.

More functionality

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce is more compatible with the other software packages that we are using.

Greg from makepositive

The number 1 CRM solution for very good reasons

I have been working with and enjoying Salesforce for 7 years now, Salesforce is constantly evolving and introducing new functionalities, and what is not available out of the box (so to speak) can be achieved either by custom development, or using the dedicated app store which allows vendors to tailor solutions to problems and offer them as bolt on solutions inside the salesforce system.

Pros

Salesforce is hugely customisable, as a consultant, I am always asked to customise the system to fit the needs of the client, and I have not yet found a requirement that cannot be met, it may take knowledge and expertise from multiple different types of people (admins, developers, specialists etc.) but with enough understanding the sky is the limit.

Cons

There are certain limitations which may need to be overcome when setting up a new CRM system, if you are coming from a complex CRM previously, then achieving the same functionality is not always easy, but that is the reason you are switching systems, to gain benefits, not just to put a new interface on to the same solution.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I found SAP CRM to be quite cumbersome at the time, I have not looked back into it since making the switch to Salesforce, so it may have improved by now. I know Salesforce certainly has.

Flexible, extensible, and powerful. Salesforce is incredible.

Salesforce is terrific and only getting better. Adding to the existing strengths of incredible depth and flexibility, recent updates have streamlined some of the processes and made some high-use pages and interfaces easier to navigate quickly. It still takes a bit of work to learn how to effectively use the many, many tools available in Salesforce, but extensive documentation and free online training make it easier to do.

Pros

Salesforce can do (almost) anything and integrate with (almost) any other platform. The platform is incredibly deep and extensible. If there’s a thing you’d like a cloud-based database to do, Salesforce can do it. It also integrates well with a huge range of other platforms.

Cons

Sometimes, the depth makes the interface a slog to navigate, or makes it challenging to figure out how to implement the customization you’re looking for. For administrators and developers, the learning curve can be steep. It’s also not always immediately apparent what you can do from within Salesforce, and what requires an additional integration.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

More functionality and depth for the price.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce offered us better functionality, more stability, and cloud/mobile access.

Scott from Nerds Xpress

Saleforce is invaluable, if configured and used correctly

It is an essential tool for medium to enterprise businesses, but it has to be designed well from the beginning. Implemented properly, the executive team, operations, sales leadership, inside sales, direct sales, marketing, and more will benefit.

Pros

HIGHLY customizable. All data fields can be pulled into reporting/dashboards. To implement properly, you have to reverse-engineer what metrics are important to your business. Once you have a comprehensive understanding of the reporting that you want to see then you can build fields, pick-lists, radio buttons, etc so you capture all relevant data. The beauty is that you are not at all limited to the out-of-the-box configuration (which is good, but generic). In the past I have built in lead sources and ROI, appointment setting quality grading, commission reporting, stack ranking, and many other highly customized reports. Start with the end in mind and then find a good implementation partner who can execute on your plan.

Cons

Cost and support at the lower levels. Unless you have (pay for) their premium support, their customer service is not quick to act.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

It is far and away the leader. The insight provided is critical to effectively managing a business.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

We had not purchased software assurance, and to buy a new box and upgrade, versus moving to the Cloud with all of the associated benefits, was a no-brainer.

Marcus from Fundwise Capital

Solid CRM That Can Do a Lot

Overall it has been great for me. As I said, once you get your salesforce process setup up, it's really easy to use, and the crashing that occurs is very minimal: it really only happens when your Salesforce admin tweaks with something. I can't speak to the cost (As I'm just a user), but from my perspective I would recommend it if you're looking for a solid CRM.

Pros

Once you have your Salesforce process setup and streamlined, it's great to use. It's easy to access leads and opportunities and manage data inside them with relatively few issues. I also like the dashboard feature which allows you to see a lot of data from different reports in an aesthetically pleasing manner. I have never used the Zoho CRM, but I know my company switched over and has been using it for over 2 years now.

Cons

The setup process can be difficult and might require some degree of coding logic. Like all software sometimes features won't work and you'll have to contact the salesforce administer within your company to fix it. Also, the reports can kind of be tricky to set up. My biggest complaint is that no two people can edit a file at the same time. There have been times where I've spent 15 minutes inputting information in a file and tried to click save only to see an error message saying that someone else has edited the file. So I wish it would allow for real-time editing amongst co-workers or at least allow me to refresh the page while saving all the data I have already typed up. I'm also not a fan of "lightning mode", which is the new UI that they are trying to push. Salesforce classic is just so much easier to use, and you can see so much data at one time when looking at leads/opportunities.

Jared from Kindful

This CRM Can Do Anything

I wish I had known about it's capabilities a long time ago because we would've switched to it for onboarding much sooner. I didn't realize you could create custom objects that could tie to an account record and setup virtually as many fields as you needed.

Pros

Our onboarding team uses Salesforce for onboarding new customers. It allows us to track communications, activities, mark task that have been completed and create reports and dashboards to show how accounts are progressing through the onboarding process. Salesforce is the best in class tool when it comes to customization and trackability. We can setup whatever fields we need and collect whatever data we need based on various workflows. You can also create automated tasks.

Cons

Salesforce is a bit clunky and slow at times. We had to have training by a Salesforce expert to implement the systems we needed, so I wouldn't say it's very user-friendly (but that's expected when you have such a robust system).

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

We looked at Monday.com for project management, but due to the fields, workflows, automated tasks and overall functionality we were looking for, Salesforce was much more customizable for our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

We looked at Trello for project management for awhile, but it didn't have the reporting and automated tasks we needed. Wasn't very customizable.

Kimberly from City to City CREE

To love it is to LIVE IN IT

Its a CRM. Like all CRMs what you put into it is what you will get out. If you live in it day in and day out its a great program and the reason for their popularity and success.

Pros

The fact that you can have access to your information anywhere is comforting.

Cons

Convoluted. There are lots of hoops you need to jump through in order to really have this software work for you. An GOD FORBID you have any issue because support is not great. At least in my experience.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Customization features and had someone in the office already working in it.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Needed something that was more user friendly and was able to be more customized.

David from QuirkLogic

Industry: Computer Networking

Salesforce Lightning Experience

Salesforce allows me to keep track of leads and where they are in the sales process. It allows users to customize their own views, although the desired view is not always available. Putting pre-set products into a quote is not hard, but printing out the quote or sending it with a title that is appropriate for a client is more challenging. Overall Salesforce is useful as all members of a sales/marketing team can see linked information, however as a pure sales tool there are better options. I can understand why larger organizations use this program however I don't think it is as flexible as needed for smaller companies/startups.

Pros

This software allows for a very nice layout by which you can see all of your opportunities, stages of the sales life-cycle, quotes, and notes. It is very easy to customize and save reporting so you can run reports daily or weekly. With email tracking you can see how often your emails are read or if a client has even seen an email. There is a lot of connectivity with other programs such as Act-On so marketing can also see how their performance is affecting sales.

Cons

The program is not intuitive to use. Some things like customizing reports are very simple while other things, such as printing or customizing a quote are more challenging. There are items on Salesforce Classic view which are not visible in the "better" Lightening view. Seeing daily tasks requires customizing the tasks field rather than just appearing on your dashboard as a daily list. Once a lead has been changed to an opportunity the view changes and you can no longer see tasks that you had previously set up. Notes become harder to find and this usually causes the sales team to create a duplicate account for each client which is messy and harder to keep track of.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Switched companies. Pipedrive was better for a smaller number of users, however didn't connect with Marketing as well as Salesforce does.

Excellent tool but challenge to fully deploy

We did not realize the capability to interface so with our manufacturing and accounting systems. While not exhaustive, the information which can be shared between the three systems had been invaluable to our sales engineering team. It's also been a great help for sharing company wide project status for pipeline projects. One of the greatest benefits has been in sales planning. We're no longer limited to running reports from 4 systems . Salesforce allows us to quickly create pipeline reports and create punch up reports for sales team members.

Pros

Since integration of SalesForce to our sales engineering team we have full visibility of quote, inquiry and sale pipeline activities. In previous systems these activities we're silo functions which depended on spreadsheet analysis lots of discussions and sales person memory. Salesforce has proven a great central repository and clearing House for all of this information. The linking with Outlook was a critical piece of this which we purchased from a third party.

Cons

The front end pricing seemed ok. BUT it took a LOT of customization to get the level of user friendly interface and process integration we needed. We ended up having to expand the customization scope twice after the initial contract. So the overall cost per user and startup was much higher than budgeted.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Installed product base Industry reputation Customization capabilities Net based App for remote access

Nicole from MUYZ LLC

The Premier CRM Software

Salesforce has been a lifesaver as a user and admin. I have used multiple programs in both roles, and Salesforce wins hands down. I can't stress enough how much your future self will thank you by choosing the right CRM program the first time.

Pros

In every company I have consulted for and worked for, we have used or switched to Salesforce. Once built out properly, it is an asset that is scalable and will continue to benefit your sales team. The functionalities are endless: Leads, Accounts, Opportunites, Metics calculators, pipeline management tables, Groups, and options to create products too! (This one was difficult to construct but I was more than ecstatic that I could use this for wholesale as well) Let's talk about customer support: Very comprehensive. There is a whole website dedicated to tutorial videos, live chats, and Q&A boards. If you still can't figure out the problem they do have a real human you can speak to who will help you out.

Cons

The learning curve to set up your salesforce correctly is rough if you have not done any Salesforce admin work before. Starting off with a small group is easier, and the program is more forgiving when you have fewer accounts, leads, etc, but as your org grows, you will want to ensure that Salesforce is set up correctly. Errors with when you have a lot of data will take a long time to fix.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

The functionality was not there. I was not able to save notes correctly, maneuvering took way too many clicks, the layout was awful, and getting help was difficult.

Bruce from CCC

Rapid Configuration and Updates

We were looking to update our CRM and wanted something cloud based and easy to reach for all users. It has been an excellent choice as we can make fast updates to our system without a lot of work or programming. People find it easy to use and onboarding new employees has been faster than before.

Pros

Very easy to use and setup customizations. There are a lot of options to customize the system to your needs without having to write code. Going from test to live in super fast and easy. It is updated three times a year that bring a lot of new features that improve what we can do in the system, Salesforce becomes more powerful each time. The ad hoc reporting is incredible to have.

Cons

The price is pretty high for some who are not going to use it all. There are a lot of extras that would need to get bought for you to get everything you want from the system. It might not be clear what is an extra. It lacks some functions that you might expect from a system like conditional fields cannot be highlighted.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Cost and ease of support.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

The old one was hard to update, it required a programmer to make changes. Changes were slow to be developed. It required users to be on prem to use.

Arlene from Nightfall /Watchtower

Industry: Security and Investigations

Industry Standard

I have tried other tools, including Hubspot to use as a CRM and nothing compares to the functionality and reporting you receive from SFDC.

Pros

It is a great tool to track and analyze all sales and marketing data. It has plenty of customization and integrations available.

Cons

SFDC has a mind of its own, you need to know what you are doing if you are an administrator, however that doesn't mean you can't learn. Currently, not all functionality is available in Lightnighting (we use lightning and I keep being sent back to classic to fix some stuff).

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

I have used SFDC for years now, and have yet to encounter a product that is as useful, organized, and effective as Salesforce.com is.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Hubspot was okay at best, but didn't track nor show data as effectively nor efficiently as we needed.

Binujaya from Sysco LABS Sri Lanka

Well-secured and helpful platform

Overall, as I said this is one of the greatest software and I would recommend to everyone who needs marketing, sales, and service. It connects the customer and the client. The one thing that they should probably consider changing is the price because most people find it too expensive and for software like this that shouldn’t be the case.

Pros

Salesforce is one of the greatest software nowadays. It has a lot of data stored plus it’s very secure to use so you don’t have to worry about anything happening to your data. Also, it has a cross-platform which means you can use it for iOS, Android, phones, tablets, etc. This software also provides you with information about the client/candidate, is he hired by someone, what he should do next and so on. It creates a general relationship between you and the client. What you have done and what the client has done. Also, Salesforce offers you the first ten licenses for free if you are a non-profit person or company.

Cons

The main thing that I dislike about Salesforce is the price. It’s quite expensive and every other license that you buy just gets more expensive, so because of that, you should probably ask someone more informed before purchasing. Another thing that I dislike is that they often change their managers. Imagine having one manager and making a good relationship with him and they suddenly change him. You need to start building a new relationship which in some cases can be frustrating. And last but not least, their customer service sometimes can be irritating because most of the people that are hired are not friendly and helpful.

Chawn from En-Surge Project Solutions, LLC

Loved it!

Very positive!

Pros

Let me, first of all, start off being admitting that I do not currently use Salesforce in my business but used it quite extensively during my time in Corporate America as an account manager and program manager. As an account manager, we were required to enter all activities and customer interactions in SF. It was a very user-friendly and intuitive interface. I am certain that it has changed quite a bit since then but was still a great platform back then. Some of the features I enjoyed most were emailers and scheduling call backs (served as an assistant). Even though I forecasted during my role as an account manager, I did not appreciate the value of being able to track revenue forecasted by account and service managers until I transitioned into a role as a national program manager. I even worked with engineers to develop a special promotional code that allowed me to track revenue for my program forecasted by my co-workers deals. Although it was a lot of work, this was a huge milestone for me and the company. For the first time, we we able to track revenue for a particular funding source. As an entrepreneur, I have an even greater degree of appreciation for forecasting revenue. SalesForce gets thumbs up from me.

Cons

I have no "least" liked features. Perhaps, the only semi-negative I have to share is that we had to develop a special backend program to track revenue for my program. But even that is a compliment to SF. The fact that their software is so flexible speaks volumes.

Salesforce was a game changer for us

This solution is very customizable but you better have someone who has been trained to make those changes. This is the first software that I've taken classes to keep learning because it is so complex. But the API is basically wide open so that gives us an infinite amount of opportunity.

Pros

The UI and UX were definitely well considered and implemented. Training was much easier than anticipated and the customer support has definitely improved over the years. I was very skeptical at first about this "whim" purchase by our CEO without my consultation. However, having used and administered several other CRM's, this was definitely a good move for us. Also, there are thousands of Apps that you can add to customize your instance.

Cons

Cost of administration for a company that doesn't have a Salesforce certified admin might be an issue for some companies.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Loved Dynamics CRM but cost of ownership was high with not enough customization for our industry.

Evita from Interfaith Caregivers

Salesforce: A user-friendly CRM System

The non-profit organization that I work for, Interfaith Caregivers has been using Salesforce for a year. I'm so glad that we decided on this system because I have used it previously in other places of work. One of the reasons why we went with Salesforce was to manage a marketing/fundraiser campaign that we have every year. We were able to store our donor and board members and create a campaign just for them to use as a communication tool and to begin the fundraiser campaign for our annual gala. It was also very easy and much needed to track donor and fundraiser payments for the gala. We are able to store multiple templates which consist of donor thank you letters in the template field. This is a very helpful feature!

Pros

Cons

It is hard for me to dislike Salesforce. I appreciate the fact that we were able to get the nonprofit discount. Also we were able to use the 10 free licenses since we have 10 employees! I would say the only thing is that I look forward to seeing how Salesforce will continue to grow and evolve and offer other packages to improve the CRM experience. Currently I have not ran into any problems.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

We were using a very old version of Careworks. Perhaps I believe a 2009 version and had minimum help with the administrator or a representative if anything went wrong with Careworks. Plus the Careworks version that we had was NOT user-friendly. If you were in a record to edit it, you had to after editing save each individual page. There were also many custom fields that were not needed for our organization and tracking the data that we needed. It was time to leave the stone age and get modern technology.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 16,245 reviews