• Pros

• "Easy to use, accessible to everyone on every device, provides a great way to pull plan versus using sticky notes"

• "This software is very easy to use and understand. It helps everyone get a visual of what's going on with the project in the way that is very effective. "

• "Multiple user can be viewing and moving tickets at the same time. I like how visual the plan is once the plan is developed in the software and it is very easy to use."

• Cons

• "Maybe it's not a software issue, but the interface has a lot going on at one time. It took me a while to really get the hang of it (and i'm still learning). "

• "I would to be able to use without an interconnection. Tasks cannot be defined down to the hour, that would be really helpful. We use D for day and N for night but it is not specific enough. "

• "no cons, easy to use from the start. wish it had been out for years!!!!"

Browse Touchplan Reviews

Rick from Suffolk Construction

Touchplan has allowed our Trade Partners access to view the schedule and print reports at any time.

This forced the trade partners to plan ahead. I used the software during my weekly sub meeting. I created schedules for all phases and buildings. If a sub was unable to provide info I entered it for him. The reports were sent out every Friday to all.

Pros

Instant feedback on where you are with the schedule. When you have to adjust something you are able to show the multiple impacts that it creates. If you need to create a recovery schedule you can instantly see the impacts to your workload. Being able to zoom in and back out to capture the big picture. Reports for multiple buildings with multiple floors showing how many men are required. The report will include location and duration and will be updated daily electronically. Touchplan's flexibility to report on one trade, combination or all. Same goes for locations that can be broke down in the report.

Cons

1. If there is a RAIN day I then have to move each ticket that has been place after that date. 2. After I have the pull plan established I wish there was a way to create a "group" with the tickets that would "link" them as they sit on the schedule. Finish/Start Lag/Start. Just so if I had a Rain Day or Something else impacted the Plan I wouldn't have to adjust all the tickets moving forward. The select all feature works nice BUT the weekends play havoc.

Brett from Suffolk

Touchplan is a good tool, but I think that the "report" creating function could improve.

Benefits that I get are knowing where the Trade Partners are working on a daily basis and what activities they plan on doing, This allows the Subs to be able to plan and coordinate with each other.

Pros

It is easy to teach the Subcontractors how to use the stickies correctly. The ease of use is important to getting the Subs to use Touchplan on a daily basis. I also like that you can see who is inside the plan and is actively working.

Cons

I do not like the report function. It should give you an example of the report you are producing before you generate it. I am computer savvy, but cannot figure out how to properly use the report tool. It seems like Touchplan has some bugs too. I continuously get an error message at the top of my screen and it said that our payment was overdue for an entire month which was incorrect.

Ana from Neenan

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great idea but bugs aren’t worked out yet

I tried really hard to learn this and be the go to person on my team to help others with learning this tool. One thing I appreciate is how responsive the customer service is if you are struggling with something they help you instantly and take any feedback to their team to implement it. Despite this, this tool was too cumbersome for my team to work efficiently and use it.

Pros

This software is trying to help construction and design build plan their schedules more realistically but helping you identify what tasks rely on others or other tasks, so you can visually see what is the most important thing to work on. In theory this sounds genius. The tool is a black space where you can freeform populate things you need from others to reach your milestones, alongside your team members who can log in and see what you are doing live. When you need something from somebody it sends an alert to that person which is nice. You can print off reports to check in with your team and have a list format rather than visual view, although the list loses a lot of the relationships that were carefully laid out in the visual map. The last major positive thing this does is help you track late work or postponed work and how that affects your end date. I do want to add one thing that isn’t really a pro or con. Part of the value of this is getting your team members to actually input what they need from the rest of the team, so everyone can plan their work. If you have uncooperative team members you cannot use this tool because you can’t read their minds and can’t plan others work for them. It is intended to be logged in by multiple team members and used by each person.

Cons

Unfortunately this is not that user friendly and I feel like it needs to go back to the drawing board for improvement. For example, you can’t zoom out and get a big picture view of your schedule, you can only see things when you are zoomed in super close. There are reports you run to understand tracking and what is coming up next, but these are also hard to read. My team ended up abandoning this tool because it was so hard to use, even for young people but especially for team members who are older and struggle with learning new tools. Planning smart is hard enough, this tool ended up making it harder.

Dallas from Local 290

Industry: Oil & Energy

It has streamlined our planning and execution of those plans

Read my prior review. This is a great, industry changing product!

Pros

Having the ability to breakdown a project as minute and detailed as you want with the designated manpower, duration's, and cost codes, or the ability to do a high level plan when a project is first being designed and engineered.

Cons

The font on the tickets is too small when zoomed out to look at a couple months duration's, which is the majority of the projects my contractor does. Also having a better file break down system would be helpful. We have one job site, but then we have about 30 jobs in that one folder. If you could break it down to individual Project managers jobs that might be helpful.

Steven from Procter & Gamble

Really like how we can quickly go through the critical items.

Ability to easily see our project tasks and where we are versus our commitments. The ease to add tasks and place them on the time line. The visibility we have reviewing the project is quite nice.

Pros

I like how we interact with the software. Having a live meeting and being able to place things onto the project schedule and see it real time. The ability to store things in your own desk top and then populate the project when the right information allows that particular item to become viable. The ease in which you can manipulate the system and move around is really convenient for jumping around. We have really taken advantage of the swim lanes and being able to separate items into their more natural events. Finally the people at Touchplan have all been excellent to work with. They have truly embraced being customer centric and their actions reinforce this each time we work with them. They are willing to listen and even develop their software to allow us to meet our needs.

Cons

Having to double click sometimes to update a task. Moving things around if dates change especially during definition. The one feature I would love if possible is to truly link items together. So that if something moves out you can easily see the overall impact (similar to a CPS in MS Project) would be a really nice feature to have.

Alyssa from Consigli Construction Co., Inc.

Excellent resource!

Pull planning, replaces schedule software that is hard to manage, and is accessible anywhere at anytime. Not every one is tech savvy but I like the opportunity for training and customer service is available for changes and feedback

Michael from Bilfinger Industrial Services, Inc. - USA

My experience with touch plan was very simple to use and straight forward.

This software helps you plan out a very large project with multiple people that are involved. Also helps you pull together a great time frame on when the project will be completed.

Pros

I liked the feature to enter in sticky notes with the crew size and time to let the team know your progress as you complete work. I also like the fact that if you needed to move a sticky note, you had to answer why you moved and what was the cause.

Cons

The program was slow at times. To navigate through the system was difficult at the beginning but after much use I slowly got the hang of it.

Viviana from Constructora Eliseo Vargas & Asociados S.A.

Great for construction panning

Pros

I really like the fact that is user friendly, and that you can have all the information about the activities and in one platform, not having to manage several documents in excel o other software useful for planning. Also, I like that it makes me able to have all the information in only one place.

Cons

Don't like that it has a glicht that causes that in one of my projects i can't "promise now" the activities, forcing me to "add pin" to each activity one by one. Also, don't like that it is impossible to change the language and that the dates are hard to see. I would like that when you print the schedule, it would look like it looks on the online platform, like more "friendly".

Hal from Macomber Consultants, LLC

Touchplan makes it easy to get started with Lean and the Last Planner System

Pros

Touchplan is so easy to learn and use. I've watched trade partner foremen who are using flip phones pick up a tablet for the first time and are successfully using the software in 15 minutes. Even the technophobes come around. Touchplan does a very good job of reinforcing Lean practices for project planning and execution. Teams get good quickly at adopting the standard practices of the Last Planner® System (LPS). The software also removes a big burden on the project team in administrating LPS.

Bo Christian from AF Gruppen

A very collaboratively software combined with the Nureva touch wall.

we get to run Last Planner system in a large scale project, which is hard without such a tool

Pros

The ease of use, and how it looks. The software is extremely touch-wall friendly, which is one of the most important features.

Cons

lack of KPI/metrics. "should do" are missing. There should be more ways to measure. The twin-lane should be integrated so that the notes attached to the correct lane.

Josh from Apollo Mechanical

We use touchplan

Much better communication between all parties involved with the process. Clearer understanding of schedule expectations and capabilities. Better manpower projections. Improved planning at early stages of project. Better communication with client on schedule.

Pros

The buy in from the field is what adds the most value. The simplicity of the layout and functionality helps to get the people actually doing the work engaged (and sometimes even excited) about planning work. With full involvement of everyone on the team (with TouchPlan as the interface) coordinating work becomes much more effective.

Cons

The top feature on our wishlist would be that the manpower would sum up at the top of the planning space so that we could level manpower without creating a report each time.

Scott from Apollo Mechanical Contractors

This planning program has made a world of difference to the planning process with our field crews!

Our ability to plan for tasks has increased at an exponential rate by using this program.

Pros

Right now, since its new to me, I'm really enjoying the swim lanes feature. It's allowing for very quick and easy organizing of tasks for the different field crews that work out of the same plan. Before swim lanes we had to try and organize ourselves but once a plan had to be modified and moved around it became very unorganized very quick. With the swim lanes it has helped maintain an organized plan.

Cons

Time. I want to be able to refine my task down to the hour. It wouldn't be used super often but there are plenty of tasks that only take a half day but the smallest time frame I can place on it is 1 whole day.

Jim from Skender

Working with Touchplan has been a great experience.

Pros

Its intuitive, collaborative and provides us with a accurate project planning. It has saved our project teams time savings from our old planning method.

Cons

I would like there to be an app so that we can make field edits without a internet connection. Many times we don't have a connection or may not have the bandwidth to run the application.

Brenden from Centron Group of Companies

Simplifies the pull planning process and saves a lot of time and money.

Ease of scheduling and making changes. A lot of hours are saved by this software by eliminating long boring meetings that don't have resolutions,

Pros

Cons

There are limits of functions for this software. Usually the customer support staff is very helpful with trying to come up with a solution however I find that some issues that come up can't be fixed. (You can only assign constraints to project members ) this makes it challenging to assign issues to trade or consultants because you need to give them access to the project which isn't practical.

Logan from McCarthy Building Companies

I plan to implement Touchplan on every construction project I'm ever a part of.

Pros

It's extremely user friendly, yet effective in getting results. It is very simple to bring in a group of people, teach them the process, and begin implementing within 15 minutes of learning the new software.

Cons

There is no app to accompany the website. Touchplan could be much more effective if subs could just pull up an app and update their tickets right then and there rather than having to come in, connect to wifi, getting on the website, and then updating.

Mary from Ford

Touchplan used for Construction Projects

Great visual tool to help all parties stay informed of the timeline of the project. Easy to understand and see the overlap of swimlanes and workstreams.

Pros

Works in real time, so that all users in the tool can see the changes instantly on swimlanes. Easy to move items around and edit.

Seath from Johanson Construction

Group collaboration for the techie in all of us.

It made planning out for the larger project easier to see.

Pros

I like how everyone has their own designation. I like that you can note problems along with solutions to keep the subs honest. I like that there are not a bunch of sticky notes everywhere. I like that I could see it from my tablet, phone and computer and I do not need to be in the conference room to look at things.

Cons

It is frustrating to get new users or the not computer friendly sub-contractors to use the product. They are stuck in the Stone Age and some do to embrace having a smartphone let alone using a tablet at work.

Tim from Skender

Construction Firm software use

Maintaining a schedule can be tricky at times but with touchplan being a live entity we can control as fast as the schedule changes

Pros

easy to use for us as the General contractor and our subs

Cons

At first i wasn't sure about the software but as i used it more it became easy

Logan from McCarthy Building Companies

I'm not sure how any project couldn't use it.

Touchplan provides collaboration, more precise detailed short term scheduling, and expert input from subcontractors.

Pros

The transparency of the schedule. Everyone who views the ticket interface can understand what they're looking at opposed to a P6. It also creates subcontractor input, collaboration and accountability.

Mallory from Skender

New Project Set Up

Pros

User accessibility and reporting capabilities

Cons

New project set up could be easier. Instead of having to email an employee at TouchPlan to set up your project, it would be helpful to be able to log in and manually enter required information into a project in order for it to be set up. The project would then automatically be created and the employee can just pull the information from the project to keep track. It often is inconvenient to have to wait to hear back from the employee who is setting up your project. Additionally, there could be a company wide library of projects that you have access to because at times it's inconvenient when you want to see a schedule but have not been added to the project yet.

Lajuanna from Duke

Best On The Market

Overall Touch plan worked very well

Pros

Tracks tasks with ease Lots of options and tools to view progress Easy to share with other project members

Cons

Can get confusing when looking at the report generated data

Ben from Bond Brothers, Inc.

Touchplan is a fantastic tool

We have improved our schedules and execution of work Saving time and money.

Pros

Ease of use. Versatility to modify schedule while maintaining accurate historical data. Excellent customer support and easy on boarding.

Cons

The reporting could be simplified in certain circumstances for transparency to all parties utilizing the tool and external parties reviewing reports.

Randy from Bilfinger Industrial Services

Touch Plan Review

Very good for the Lean process.

Pros

Very easy to use and helps people unfamiliar with scheduling to have input.

Cons

No way to easily backup if you make a mistake. Would be nice to have a back-up botton.

Sean from Suffolk Construction

Incredible customer service. Easy to use Platform.

Lean Planning Looking back at completion percentages Weekly Work Plans

Pros

- Customer service - Timely responses - Fluid platform - Easy to learn - Reporting function is great

Cons

- Difficult to track interim milestones, as opposed to one overall milestone... However, Touchplan is always open to ideas and suggestions from their customers

Ryan from Apollo Mechanical

Industry: Semiconductors

Apollo Touchplan User

I am keeping my Foreman on task and on time using the Touchplan we both agree on a goal and with each step, we meet them on time.

Pros

I like that the software updates immediately, so that my Foreman see updates I make in real time.

Cons

Sometimes there are small gliches, but the ease of support from the live chat to the emails, fixes issues quickly.

Touchplan Review

Using Touchplan has made implementing the Last Planner system on my project much easier. The software is easy to use and provide great reports to distribute information.

Pros

It is very easy to use and provides a way to collaboratively plan work with Trade Partners.

Cons

Wish that the activity tickets allowed for more detail like prerequisite work.

Alex from Apollo Mechanical

Visualizing the logistics of your project

Pros

It is extremely easy to use. I teach our tradesmen how to use touchplan with ease. Even for those who are not very computer literate. Touchplan helps you see your plans and create a logical work flow.

Cons

I do not have any cons that apply to the software itself. It is simple and intuitive.

Touchplan makes the scheduling process much more collaborative than most other methods.

Pros

The ability to see changes in real time with other people is really great. It makes our pull plan meetings much more seamless.

Cons

I wish there were more customization options when creating pdf reports. The swim lane feature can be a little clunky too (I realize that it's a new feature).

Overall Great software - and customer support is always there.

3 week schedules is the biggest thing

Pros

It really look like the boards we have on the wall. It prints out great/professional looking reports.

Cons

It does not print out the swim lanes . I believe this would help the subcontractor understand the location better.

Brendan from Whitnig-Turner

Touchplan Review

Overall I've found my experience with Touchplan to be very beneficial. The customer support has been outstanding. The quick/helpful support they provide has been extremely helpful. We will definitely continue using Touchplan as a tool on future projects!

Pros

The software is very easy to learn/ understand. Great tool to use for progress tracking, scheduling, and commitments from Subcontractors on a daily/weekly basis. Increases communication between Contracting team and Subcontractors.

Cons

Would like to see some type of column that allows us to track "Actual Start" on the Gantt Chart, similar to the "Actual Finish" feature.

Tyler from Osburn Contractors

Touchplan Review

Pros

That it allows subcontractors to see the status of multiple submitttals, RFI's, and drawing changes in real time, without needing to go through the GC.

Cons

The drawings section could be a little more user friendly. Viewing drawing sets can be tedious since the program makes you exit out each drawing in order to view other drawing sets. Maybe incorporate a "window" so that you could view multiple drawings at once.

Kipp from Centron Construction

Touchplan future of Construction

Touchplan allows meetings to give accurate dates to schedule and actually speeds up finish dates on projects...

Pros

The program is easy for someone who has limited computer experience to excel...

Cons

I have had no problems with this program

Roy from Whiting-Turner Contracting Company

Touchplan is Great

Better then other planning softwares.

Pros

The simplicity and ease of use made it very enjoyable to use.

Cons

Sometimes you can accidentally move items from their intended date when trying to move through the software.

Karin from Grunau

I liked the tickets, easy it was to move them around. I thought it gave a good visual of schedule.

Avoided having to do a pull planning session in person with a bunch of sticky notes. With touch plan I had the schedule in my pocket, on my ipad, and on my computer at any time.

Pros

It was easy to make the tickets, assign manpower and add durations. And since most of our tasks are repeating, I liked how you could duplicate them.

Cons

The constraints were a little confusing. It was hard to know where to schedule things if you were waiting on another trade. You really need every contractor on the project using touchplan to make it work as it should.

Andrew from apollo

touchplan review

Pros

how easy it is to create and edit plan while pulling a report.

Cons

Moving activities around can be troublesome especially moving more than one acitivity

Zohair from Whiting-Turner

Great tool for pull planning, helps schedule in detail, can generate quick reports.

Pros

The software easy to learn. This is perfect platform to implement the traditional pull planning session in construction. This is a great planning tool for the contractors, sub-contractors and owners/clients. This can generate customize reports that can help understand a specific trade or the entire schedule.

Cons

Its a platform which is great but its still a bit short when compared to Oracale Primavera, but I am optimistic it can grow and be very helpful as planning and scheduling tool.

Riley from Whiting-Turner Contracting

Touchplan

Pros

I like the easy functionality of the software. I love the ease of reporting.

Cons

It's hard to flip between swim lanes and project all the work

Luther from Custom drywall

very useful

Pros

Very easy to use. Really helps plan out work not only on a daily matter but for long term use also. I wish every contractor would use this.

Robert from Maine steel / NETA

Excellent for construction planning!

Touchplan has been great to help with overall schedule and meeting dates. Much easier for everyone to coordinate as well.

Pros

Capacity. Can easily plan out your whole project.

Cons

Sometimes hard to locate dates or trades when zooming in and out.

Joseph from Archer Corp.

Working with touchplan form a subcontractors perspective.

I thought when Wes did the introductory meeting that it would be tedious to use and not much help. But after going through a project and working with the software my opinion was changed. I now see the value of working collective on the schedule instead of trying to satisfy an arbitrary schedule set by others without consideration of actual project conditions and su

Pros

I liked that you could project a work schedule forward and it came from the men doing the work, which from the field side is a better perspective. Also once I set a schedule then during the meetings any changes due to priority issues could be identified and worked out between the contractors involved. The superintendent just needed to moderate the proceeding and watch his completion schedule being shortened usually.

Cons

Working from and IPad I found some of the features to be limited and at some points slow to react.

Donald from Great Lakes plumbing & Heating Co.

TouchPlan Review

The overall experience was favorable and forced the 10 different trades on a large construction site to get together and formulate a legitimate plan.

Pros

Easy to use once I understood how it worked. I liked the way the days could be extended for more than a single day of planning. We used different colors representing the individual trades involved and some used icons that were provided.

Cons

I thought it was difficult to plan for long periods of time, although maybe that wasn't explained to me,

Very easy to learn and easy to have others understand and participate

Simplicity of use and added to Lean culture to include people that may not be knowledgeable of critical path scheduling.

Pros

Simple display allows people less knowledgeable about construction to understand and participate. Easy to make changes and track reasons for delays.

Cons

A backup function would be nice if you accidentally delete or move an activity. The lane dividers are nice to seperate work into areas or categories. A link that that ties two items without hindering movement would be nice.

Clark from Joeris General Contractor

Helpful in distributing the schedule in the field. Easy to use.

Helps getting subcontractors bought into the idea of lean construction. Breaks activities into manageable task to help track in scheduling.

Pros

Great for collaborating ideas in creating the schedule. Subcontractors can view in the field and understand the logic of the flow of work. Easy to track and maintain schedule.

Cons

Does not push activities that are linked together. Want to see bars with actual length on right side of active line to help schedule prior to moving to left of active line.

Deano from Joeris

Touchplan.io Review

It opens up conversations between subs and helps solve problems before we get there.

Pros

It is online so accessible almost anywhere. Only one price per project so people aren’t against it strictly for monetary reasons. The available reports.

Cons

Can’t tie tickets together ( I know you can link the, but it doesn’t push successor so it makes linking easily overlooked) Doesn’t say when ticket was put up or moved Don’t have ability to track users log in unless you contact Touchplan.

Cory from Critchfield Pacific

Software has been a great asset to help us with pull planning and scheduling.

Pros

It has been easy for our team to begin using with minimal training. Whenever they have run into issues the support team was always available. Very easy to use.

Cons

We are a subcontractor and often have to coordinate with other schedules as well. There is an export function where we can export our schedule out for someone else to put into their software. I have not found an import function to pull in other schedules. That can be useful for us at times.

Rachit from Newline Structures

Great tool!

Pros

This tool is very easy to learn and teach. The export function on Touchplan is very handy as well.

Excellent software.

Pros

Ease of learning and fantastic customer service. Really allows you to track in real time project status and integrate team feedback.

Cons

They didn't come out with it sooner. You do need a world wide web connection to run the platform which can be difficult on certain job sites.

Larry from Bancroft Construction

Touchplan Review

Using the software gets the total team involved. On most jobs our subcontactors are not involved as much in building the schedule.

Pros

The ease of using the software. Also the tech support was great. They usually answered our questions with in 5-10 min.

Cons

That there are no email notifications of completed tasks, tasks coming up or missed tasks. Also the cost. Would like to see a yearly license fee. Make sit hard to use on smaller lump sum projects.

Jen from Whiting Turner

Pull Planning Software

Electronic pull planning saves a lot of paper and space. It also makes it much easier to track and record.

Pros

Easy to use. Touchplan reps have also come out to visit our job site to help us with any questions and get us started.

Cons

Not completely adjustable to meet project needs.

Alyssa from Consigli Construction Co., Inc.

Great for Scheduling!

Great customer service, always looking for feedback and ways to improve!

Pros

Touchplan is an interactive program where all subcontractors can buy in to a construction program.

Cons

I would like to see what other applications Touchplan can be used in.

Reasons for Choosing Touchplan

It is a more collaborative and simpler way to do scheduling