What are VPO users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using VPO software through verified user reviews

• icon"It was pretty easy to use. Once you get the hang of it it can be used to your advantage."
  • icon"Flexibility in structure and customization, ease of incorporating transfer vehicles such as Harmon.ie, One Note in use is nice."
  • icon"But with understanding the product and having wonderful customer support, VPO has been a great addition to my projects."
  • icon"I am just not very computer literate so I get frustrated sometimes with software programs I am unfamiliar with and do not use often enough."
  • icon"Only Con would be a bit slow some days on updating , when i write a PO or change order."
  • icon"Hard to navigate and jump back to a previous screen. Making a lot of changes freezes the system."

Browse all VPO Reviews

• Have you used VPO and would like to share your experience with others?

Brian

Well done Simplex. Great tool to manage small to large projects. Implementation can be customized.

Saving time by using VPO. The automation is great. The system automatically logs the submittals, RFI, Etc is taking the risk off of our teams to keep eyes out for the importance instead of emailing, downloading, logging and resending out these items. The risk of sitting on an important document.

Pros

The best construction management software I have used. It is customizable and offers time savings to log and automate the processes on a project. VPO uses SharePoint, a Microsoft Product as the strong backbone of this tool. The Simplex Company is very personable and great to work with.

Cons

The risk to start the process and to use it for the first month. The best reward was it works great.

Reasons for switching to VPO

Upgrading to a software product that is based on a reliable backbone You could customize for the forms we like Process to set up new projects is much faster Cost is fixed which is economical, not based on a percentage of the construction project

VPO for Highway Construction Team

The biggest benefit of using VPO is organization. Our team is able to look back and find anything we had done in the past. It has also saved us time by using the customized forms VPO has tailored for us to meet our clients needs.

Pros

The software is built to be very user friendly and is customizable to fit your company and/or client needs.

Cons

Using the SharePoint app on an iPhone can sometimes be slow but eventually all of the data you need is at your fingertips.

Reasons for choosing VPO

VPO was able to customize their product while the others could not. VPO was more affordable.

Stevan

Good concept but needs improvement

The product lacks some basic functionality that I would have expected to be included given the typical requirements of the construction industry, especially related to the pay applications and submittals. The system is fairly easy to use and seems to be relatively easily adaptable to scale to larger or smaller scale projects. Multiple "templates" can be developed for projects with different requirements such as building construction vs. horizontal work (roads, bridges, etc.) that have significantly different needs which is a big bonus. Overall the product is decent for the price but continual improvements should be provided as is the case with most competing software.

Pros

Flexibility and relative familiarity is a bonus. As this system is Sharepoint based most users can navigate it with relative ease. It allows for modification to meet individual company requirements and is not as rigidly structured as other CM software. Modifications can be made by the administrator if your company has someone with Sharepoint skills that can perform this.

Cons

The product does not receive any updated or expanded features after purchase. It lacks continuing product improvement. Any updates and improvements must be made by the user or require a fee to be developed for you.

Mike

Great product!

Pros

The program is very easy to learn & easy to use. Integrates well with other MIcrosoft apps.

Cons

Since I was not in an administrator role on the VPO my range of use was limited.

Reasons for switching to VPO

Haven’t yet made the switch from Eadoc. Using VPO on a trial basis, provided by our contractor for a project.

Justina

Great Partners!

Our team needed a platform that we could use to provide consistent delivery of capital projects AND the most important aspect was to track the budgets by integrating our SAP data into the tool. Although it has taken a little time to get our partners (GC's, Architects, Other Consultants) to understand the tool and how to use it - it has been worth the investment in time. We now have a tool that both our internal and external partners are familiar with which in turn makes collaboration on a project so much easier. The absolute bonus of using this product is the relationship we have built with the VPO team. They listen to our crazy ideas and find a way to turn them into a reality.

Pros

It was easy to set up and get started. Less than 2 months. Very few IT integration touchpoints, which is what helped to speed up the integration.

Cons

Refresh rate - this is really a Sharepoint issue that gets better with the Modern Page experience.

Reasons for choosing VPO

We chose to work with this team because they could offer us the flexibility that we needed in a partner. When we told them we wanted to integrate SAP data into Sharepoint and they said of course they could do it - we were sold! This is a company that understands Project Management and Construction Management and what is required from them to make their customers successful. They always continue to innovate, which allows us to the do the same.

Marina

Valuable Cloud-Based Management Solution

VPO allows me to manage my projects in a streamlined way, providing numerous tools ranging from address books to document tracking to meeting minutes to invoice management. VPO even allows me to directly involve my clients and contractor - making VPO an efficient hub for all parties involved in a project. Being able to track submittals, RFIs, proposals, changes and much more on one simple interface takes the guesswork out of messy e-mail correspondence! With VPO I can efficiently manage my workflows, save time for both myself and my clients and seamlessly share project documents within my office. And, best of all, I can use VPO from home or anywhere with an internet connection!

Pros

VPO has the ability to track every piece of information that I come across during a project. VPO is like my super filing cabinet that keeps me accountable for documents I receive or review and can be an extremely important tool in fighting claims i.e. VPO effectively reduces many risks associated with document control in the construction management field.

Cons

VPO only gives back what you put in. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, having a better knowledge of technology generally defines how effective VPO will be. Those that are "tech-savvy" will have a much easier time adapting to the system than those who are not.

Marlene

Construction Use of VPO

Pros

Great place to organize info that makes it accessible for others to use

Cons

It is difficult to delete or move items once you save them.

Company decision

shawn

Right for use

I was on the front end of this implementation with my company so its evolution over the last 2+ years has been very good in my opinion. Customer service when gremlins show themselves has been on point and the adaptation to or needs for use has been good thus far.

Pros

flexibility in structure and customization, ease of incorporating transfer vehicles such as Harmon.ie, One Note in use is nice.

Cons

file structure and initial setup for specific projects can be a bit cumbersome. this may be a collaborative effect as much as anything, not sure...

Reasons for choosing VPO

this product seemed to be the best option and value for our use at the time of consideration.

Jeffrey

Industry: Mining & Metals

It's better than nothing . . .

Overall, this platform has helped our organization improve our document control and project management abilities.

Pros

Customer support for VPO is a plus. They are responsive and willing to meet our needs within the construct of the system. The platform serves as a single portal of project information, thus streamlining and improving the overall effectiveness of project management.

Cons

There are limitations to customizing the look and functionality of the system. Mobile interface has opportunity for improvement.

Internet Based - New Product

Keep it simple. In regards to dates - do you ultimately need start and end dates? Or just end dates (because after you end something, you're onto the next phase - correct)? It's an extra step we have to add - and update when schedules slip.

Pros

Could have been linked to my previously created Microsoft account - but for my coworkers and I - a completely different user name was created - simplification is key.

Cons

Every week the software features are changing as they become apparent and applicable. It's internet based and has tendency to be sluggish - when trying to save data via the original procedure. The updated procedure makes it easier to update project data - but selecting cells and moving the window around on the screen are tedious.

Brianna

Industry: Civil Engineering

Awesome software for CM

Workflow of submittals, RFIs, and potential changes is much simpler through VPO and I like having all my documents and reports in a single place for everyone to access.

Pros

This product is the most bang for your buck as far as construction management tools go. It's inexpensive compared to others out there and the best part is it's totally customizable, so it's set up exactly how I want it for maximum ease of use and efficiency on my projects. As a CM group, we need particular workflows and modules for our work that a Contractor or a Developer wouldn't have. It is great to have exactly what I need and want. Other software programs don't have that option and cost a lot more. Also, the support crew is awesome, a shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] because they have been so helpful every step of the way for each specific thing I wanted customized. "No" is never an answer from these guys.

Cons

The only thing that I could possibly complain about is that the setup process up front does take some time. The ability to customize is a double edged sword, because it's really great now that everything is specially tailored for the way I operate, but it did take several set up sessions over a few weeks to get it to that point. The nice thing is that now that I have my template set up how I like it, making new projects is as simple as clicking a few buttons and VPO will create a new project based on my custom project template.

Life Altering without undue pain and suffering

Morgan has been steadily growing for some time, but recently we have experienced explosive growth. We operate with a small core team that wears many hats at the same time throughout the course of every day. After years of trying to handling everything with a spreadsheet and Emails we realized that it was slow and certain death for all of us. we needed a system that houses all of the pertinent information, tracks issues, tasks, and change orders, actively notifies the team of changes and communicates clearly and concisely.

Pros

I feel that the strongest part of this application is its flexibility and customization. While we are all trying to do the same thing ( execute projects and make money), we all have a different way of getting that done. The bottom line is that success is measured not only in bottom line dollars, but is how hard it is to maintain all of the projects in house, keep a widely diverse and location-ally wide spread team on the same page every minute of every day.

Cons

Flexibility and Customization is a double edged sword. Identifying exactly what you want is difficult when you have never had a system like this. Also learning curve, its hard to learn to do things the easy way when you have had to do them the hard way for so long. the sooner you embrace the system the better it will all go.

Chuck

Industry: Utilities

Needed it in a hurry

So far we are very pleased with the VPO application. We are reviewing a quote to implement the product internally for our company. I have used other products in this category, but they are no where near as good as VPO. VPO technical support, although virtual, is very responsive.

Pros

Our construction projects were already in progress when our company was hired to perform construction management. Due to a severe time crunch we had to roll out the software as we were customizing it. This is not the normal approach. However, the VPO team was exceptional working with us to get it setup and fully functional in under 2 months. The application will transition to the client when we are finished. The learning curve was easier than expected for our users. The software is comprehensive and very customizable.

Cons

Haven't found anything I would complain about. I will admit that we did not implement all features of the platform. We decided not to use some of the financial features. Some minor issues we have come across are with Microsoft actually (e.g. spell check).

Dominick

VPO provides the user with the ability to have all the project information located in one place with access 24/7

If you are running projects today without a Collaborative Project Management System, you are wasting valuable human resources.

Pros

The biggest pro is the ability of VPO to be customized to work with a company's internal project management and accounting systems, VPO also allows a very good level of security so that people outside the company can only see select information.

Cons

I have found working with the Simplex Team that there are not any Cons regarding the use of VPO. VPO can be as productive as the end user wants it to be.

Working with VPO

One convenient site for all of the project files...meaning coordination with critical information is just a matter of logging on and finding the information you need. It clears up missed information through email chains and other past forms of communications.

Pros

After using the software a few times, it was very easy to learn and use. Being an administrator, clients we share our files with had a lot of questions at first. But with understanding the product and having wonderful customer support, VPO has been a great addition to my projects.

Cons

I wish it had a [.pdf] reader (currently Mircosoft Edge), uploader, editor, etc. With being in the construction industry, we deal with many [.pdf] drawings and files.

Great for Organizing Data and Tracking Progress

VPO has been a major help in keeping track of work orders that are created on a daily basis. It allows the team to see a variety of data with a few clicks as well as keep track of who has the Ball in Court in the work order process

Pros

Extremely helpful in keeping track of work orders and other necessary data tied to the work orders

Cons

Simplification of report creating would be helpful

Steven

VPO Review

Pros

The software is very user friendly, and makes tracking submittals or making logs very easy.

Cons

Occasionally the RFI's would be generated out of sequence, but VPO customer service did correct the issue.

Samantha

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Review of software

Pros

The ease of use. The software is user friendly and allows my day to day job to be more efficient.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a common link, central base, that allows access to all programs.

Jed

VPO Review

Pros

I liked the workflow for RFI's and Submittals.

Cons

Ease of using the directory and adding companies from project to project. No punch list function - would be nice to take picture of deficiency from phone or iPad and download it to VPO hub. Hub would have pre-set locations and responsible subcontractors that are selected when downloading the photo.

Zach

Good at some things

My experience with VPO has been great. They always are looking to make things better and make sure we are happy as a customer

Pros

Having software that is customized for us as a company to track our projects with only needed information from our point of view is great!

Cons

User interface can be clunky and not inuitive

annie

Industry: Architecture & Planning

good experience with VPO!

Construction administration was made so much simpler with the owner's request to use VPO. The entire team had access to track work and outstanding tasks which simplified ongoing team meetings. I'd be happy to be a part of another team where VPO was the chosen document control method.

Pros

Simplified document tracking, central repository accessible everyone on the team, easy tracking of to-dos and completed work, email integration

Cons

Mobile access was not as simple as the desktop app.

Richard

It is not a difficult software to learn.

Overall this is a great value for the costs and the system much more manageable than the larger systems of this type.

Pros

It is relatively easy to learn and get around in the system. The graphical nature of the screens help a lot in using it.

Cons

The methods for reporting or creating a report is a challenge, but it isn't insurmountable. I have found sometimes it is hard to follow the logic behind the process.

Hunter

Very thorough Product

Excellent overall experience, will definitely use going forward.

Pros

The depth of the product make it very useful for most every Project size and complexity.

Cons

Navigating the site can sometimes be challenging.

Don

Worth every penny

Pros

Easy to use, navigate, log in to. The search bar is invaluable to me. I love that I can store and sort my documents and grant permission to whoever I want or not grant permission.

Cons

Takes awhile to load but not always an issue. Since I use this program everyday, my response to my questions is that it is on VPO. My client seems to be afraid of going in.

JASVIN

Cloud based Exclusive Project management software

Pros

Access of Drawings and Project information for accountable time record and from remote workers to field supervisor, easy to upload work order, customization and track of it, making it life easy.

Cons

Reduce flexibility while using in Different OS, and system itself has repot-making feature which is some of the most redious process to follow.

VPO