All Award Force Reviews

Matthew Charles

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2019

Money, time and resources well spent!

Using a designated and bespoke product like AF, has taken out so much stress and uncertainty around getting the nominations in and judged remotely. we had over 1000 entries that needed to go through a very clear and strict judging process (in light of being fare and transparent ) We could let judging take place remotely and smoothly, with the confidence of our data security and personal reputational image being protected.

PROS

Everything! Especially the rep our account tech support manager. she was on hand 24/7 with not just support, but with solutions, and confidence building techniques to help me take charge of the growth of our work. The platform itself, is slick, very user friendly and a 100% reliable. It gave us the confidence we needed to launch our first annual HEAT awards. this has gone so well, we are already pencilling in next years campaign. Award Force have been the first and only platform I have used for this task, but I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. In the grand scheme of things the cost was extremely good for all the benefits we obtained, and even though our event programme is over, we are still able use all the data for our analysis and personal development.

CONS

In all honesty I have very little bad to say about the whole experience. If you really pushed me for a balanced review, I would have to say that on a couple of times and considering I emailed support up to 4 times a day in the build up of our launch. that if our designated manager was out of the office or had finished for the day. The person that took over sometimes was a little enthusiastic to come back with a response and not grasp how slow I was being. That's really nothing bad just maybe a pointer for the future that they get a summary of the clients habits and personal synopsis before responding to a query.

Reason for choosing Award Force

The quality, the confidence of being assured that our needs would be met and supported along the entire process.

Thank you for your wonderful words, Matt! Specially appreciate the shout out to Rachel! Thank you also for the feedback about the support received from other members; we are a global team available 24x5 and feedback like this is valuable for us to be able to give more personalised service.

Replied August 2019

Sujathan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed September 2023

Value for Money - Award Force : Awards competition Management System.

Over all experience If I say, the security measures and data protection features of Award Force are the best I found.. Emphasize how it safeguards sensitive information and ensures the integrity of the awards process., which is in fact very high in quality and confidentiality kept tight.

PROS

While introducing I begin your review with a brief introduction to Award Force, mentioning its purpose and significance in awards management. You can also include any context about how you came across the software. Discuss the user-friendliness of the software. Mention if the interface is intuitive and if it's easy for both administrators and applicants to navigate.: Absolutely it is intuitive and easy to navigate. Features and Functionality:Detail the key features of Award Force that you found valuable. This could include aspects like customizable application forms, scoring systems, reporting capabilities, or any unique features that set it apart. All are very good and excellent I found.

CONS

There are certain things of course to be improved. Like reporting part, I could not find any easy way to get the scoring sheet and scores together to be converted to a pdf format.

Reason for choosing Award Force

We have evaluated whether Award Force offers good value for the price, whether it's cost-effective compared to other awards management software we have explored and did research. Found this is the only suitable software. But there are other software available in the market, but one way or other some part of its features or functionality were not matching to our requirement. Hence we concluded with this as suitable.

Jerrica

Government Relations, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Great Program!

PROS

This program is very nice to have. Worth the money.

CONS

It takes some time to catch on to this program.

Rachael

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Best customer service... maybe ever?!

It's good but it could be better. The terminology isn't as straightforward as it could be. It would be great if there could be a website widget for nominations just to make life easier for nominators. (I manage the website)

PROS

The team are insanely helpful and lovely. I spent years working in CS so I really appreciate good service!

CONS

The ease of use could be better. There seem to be multiple places to edit the same content which is just weird. Overly complex in places.

Alexandra

Entertainment, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Judging Tool with Outstanding Customer Service!

Overall, our judging team LOVED AwardForce and we're looking forward to using it next year again!

PROS

We were incredibly excited to implement AwardForce as we needed something to revamp our judging processes. The customer service provided was phenomenal- truly the best my manager and I have ever had. Whenever you have a question, the team is there to support you. Our contest was quite complex and has been running without the help of the judging software for several years so we were thrilled to know AwardForce was there every step of the way to ensure our contest was successfully built out on their platform. Shoutout to Marco - a wonderful customer service rep on this team who met with us for our one-on-one support sessions!

CONS

There were several things we would have liked to see on AwardForce, little "nice to haves" that would have made certain finicky parts of our contest operations a bit easier, that we were unable to make work with the current platform. Some examples include: - A way for judges to sort their assignments in VIP judging from highest to lowest score without needing to navigate to the leaderboard - Allowing commenting at every judging phase, including PASS/FAIL rounds - Having YES/NO dropdown fields instead of numerical 0/1 dropdown fields when evaluating submissions However, I know the product team is always implementing new features so I feel confident that the product will continue to get better and better with time!

Thank you so much, Alexandra, for your kind review! We're so glad to hear you've found our customer service helpful! We've noted down your "nice-to-haves" for our product team. In the meantime, you might consider adding a qualification round to your judging, which would have that yes/no option you're looking for. You can also allow comments here. You could add this round to your existing VIP judging round. (Learn more: https://support.awardforce.com/hc/en-us/articles/211027943) Just reach out to the team if you need any help at all!

Replied January 2024

Ajda

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2018

Amazing and professional, with great support team.

More entries than expected and we saved a lot of administrative fees. Their support team is very helpful and fast in responding, which was a big plus for us.

PROS

For our Biennial of Slovenian Design we needed an intuitive and adjustable system. We were hoping to make administrative processes more efficient. After a detailed e-call, we were confident that we will be working with professionals who understand their clients. They translated the system in our language: it has only 2 mill. users, and has characteristics that are hard to work into english-based interfaces. While setting up, we were met with a lot of help from our producer. We encountered a problem: in the EU, it is required to add VAT info on invoice. AF did not have that option. After contacting them, VAT was implemented for us and other users also. We are strict about our image, so the implementation of our visual identity was a must for us. Designers branded it the way they liked it. The base is clean and leaves enough room to make it your own. Our administrators were very happy with the experience, as it significantly lessened the workload and kept our costs down. Our users were very excited to use AF. We are confident that their efficient system brought in more entries than we expected. We are very much looking forward to working with them in the years ahead and would wholeheartedly recommend the system to anyone looking for solutions to dealing with user entries at any scale. We were very glad that our Biennial, which is quite small in comparison with their other clients, received a thoroughly professional and attentive approach from their excellent team.

CONS

Some specific features didn't have a lot of flexibility but we managed to go around it with their help.

Rosie

Publishing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2019

AwardForce for MadeForMums and Junior Magazine

AwardForce has saved us a lot of time and means we can manage everything to with awards in one site. It's easy to pass on logon details to external judges who may be judging from afar and makes everyone feel as if they are on an important panel even being miles away.

PROS

AwardForce is very easy to use and means we can send one link out to hundreds of judges to get the best quality judging we need. The support team are super useful and always reply in good time, there have been times where we need something done urgently and they are very quick to get back to us with a solution. It's easy to download data and keep a record of how we are doing year on year.

CONS

It would be good if you could view more on the page at one time, for example filter some of the options when viewing entries like you can in excel but in the site. Other than that I have no cons! :)

Thanks for the great review, Rosie! We do have the ability to customise every view to see more on the same list view. We'll be in touch in the next 10 minutes to show you how :)

Replied January 2019

Laura

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed September 2023

Global Support is Worth It!

Very positive experience from top to bottom. Pleased we made the transition!

PROS

We enjoy that the support team is global and that means quick responses on the wide variety of questions that we have on a rolling basis. We've never had a question go unanswered or unsolved. The platform is easy to use and customize for anyone seeking an events management platform.

CONS

There are times where it would be nice to have a dedicated support person vs. a wider team, but it hasn't interrupted or kept us from developing the platform. It's just another way of working. The main events admin says that she would have liked to speak to someone vs. emailing. I suppose that goes along with the challenges of a global team. Email is easiest, but sometimes conversations can solve things in a different way.

Reason for choosing Award Force

Cost was on par with Open Water at the time, global reach of team (we were expanding globally), and customization of the platform. Also, we had a really great sales experience with a person located in the UK - so she was the front line to the organization and an important determining factor in us making the switch. Your frontline sales/BD folks are really critical.

Reasons for switching to Award Force

We reached the limits of their platform after two years, our main product developer left the company and we thought it was a good time to explore another option.

Henning

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great Entry Tool

PROS

great overview for entries and easy to manage

CONS

creating an account for every single award and limited search funktion

Mialy

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

Useful tool for project applications

Good overall but too many bugs this year (started in Sept. 2023) compared to 2022

PROS

Easy to set up and prompt support available in any timezone

CONS

There can be some bugs to the system that prevent from making progress when setting up things. The support that needs to be email than a zoom call. I had around 30 email exchanges with support this year which is not efficient on our side - Last year was much better, two zoom calls resolved my issues

Hi Mialy, thank you so much for the review! We appreciate your candor and it's reviews like these that drive our efforts at continuous improvement. We work hard at reducing as many bugs as we can and learning from client feedback like this. Thanks so much for trusting Award Force as a tool in your project applications, and we look forward to better serving you as we move forward in our partnership. Kind regards, Lindsay from Award Force

Replied February 2024

Gillette

International Trade and Development, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

The support on Award Force is the best I have EVER experienced

I inherited an open Award season to manage and was able to come up to speed fairly quickly due to the intuitive nature of the platform and the SUPERB support I got from Award Force e.g. one on one training calls, common help tips embedded in the platform (ie don't have to go to another screen and back and forth but can take action in the platform with the tips right there on the same screen), and extraordinarily fast responses to my emails asking how to do certain things. I am managing our 2nd season and it is going very smoothly and I am digging deeper into the functionality that is available. This is our team's second year using the platform and it works extremely well for the needs that we have and I highly recommend the SW if you need to manage an Awards program.

PROS

The program is fairly intuitive so the learning curve is not too steep. And for the times when I have needed help, the response time and quality of support is unparalleled in my experience. I send an email, within a few hours no matter what time of the day or night I send it, someone from around the globe answers me. If further assistance is needed e.g. a call with someone, it can usually be set up within a day or two of my request. And the quality of the support is excellent. The staff are extremely knowledgeable of the product and understand the questions from a user or functionality perspective vs providing technical-speak. It seems that often times tech support for other SW I have used is staffed by technical wonks who write the code and make the bells and whistles but don't have a real understanding of the business or user function so the support comes from that perspective rather than understanding what I am trying to do and then providing a solution. Another thing that I use all the time is importing to excel to run reports. In this way, I can always have a user friendly aggregated view of what is on the platform depending on what I am needing. I love this ability to have offline access and I know some of our judges have also made good use of being able to download PDF versions of entries that they can review on the go and then come to the platform to enter their scores and comments.

CONS

I have come across some small functionality that I would like to have such as a bit more ability to "pretty up" my email broadcasts or filtering by 2 different dimensions to randomly assign entries for judging. With that said, the SW really addresses so many of our main needs that these issues are not an issue and I have been able to create workarounds if needed.

Reason for choosing Award Force

I was not involved in the procurement process for Award Force.

Thank you ever so much for your raving review, Gillette! We can't stop the high fives :D We will continue to improve and add time saving features so you can continue managing and growing your program year on year!

Replied August 2019

Kerry

Media Production, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Award Force has been a life saver

Despite a few glitches here and there, Award Force truly has been a lifesaver for me and my organization -- it has streamlined the award process so much for us, which makes life easier for our users/nominators, and also frees up my time to do other important work, including giving feedback on submissions to increase the overall quality we're seeing. Keep up the great work!

PROS

I run an awards program that gets more than 4,000 entries a year, and before we found Award Force we were allowing people to submit by just sending us a PDF. It was a huge effort to collect them all, a waste of paper to make a "packet" for judges to read, and a colossal pain to notify the winners and losers using a mail merge. Award Force is like a godsend in that regard -- it allows me to keep all the entries in one place, have the judges evaluate them right with in the system, and then I can notify winners and losers right from the system as well. The software allows me to program my questionnaire so submissions are automatically separated into the appropriate category, easily assign judges, and help users from the back end.

CONS

The software can have a steep learning curve for new users (I onboard new judges all the time as we hire new people and it can be confusing at first). I wish some of the language was more intuitive. The system also sometimes can run slowly if I have a lot of tasks running at once on a big set of entries. And I think this is a problem on the end of my users (they work in places with very strong spam filters), but sometimes the notifications I send don't arrive where they're supposed to. I suspect they're getting caught in quarantine, but it causes some extra work for me on the back end having to look up individual submissions.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Great All round system and support

Award Force for me is the complete package, ease of is second to none and the options available within the system will cater for awards small or large, simple or complicated. Level of support is brilliant with personal service and quick turnaround. Which is a must for Award event & program managers.

PROS

The software can be customised to suite various award types as a result is versatile. It's certainly great for awards programs with multiple awards under different categories. It is easy to use and modify even after set up. Good reporting capabilities and great dashboard. Many options for judging of awards and can include different rounds as well. Good branding opportunities within the system, whether it be for your own awards program or your sponsors & partners. From the research I have done this system is the best and is priced well. The level of support available is great whether and you get to speak to a real person, from initial set and an ongoing basis. Many others don't offer this level of support.

CONS

There really isn't anything I don;t like about it. It more than suits my needs.

Wow, thanks Chris! The team really appreciated your positive words. We promise to continue to deliver on the value and support you've come to expect from Award Force.

Replied April 2019

Andy

Reviewed December 2017

A fantastic platform from which to run our annual awards program

Use of this software has greatly eased our administrative processes in managing our annual awards program. It has greatly improved the entry process for entrants.

PROS

Having previously run our annual awards program via submission of hard copy entries from entrants in 2017 we moved to use Award Force software - allowing us to build a custom online platform via which entrants could submit their entry portfolios, and we could easily manage the process from the back end/administrative end of the entry portal. A seamless operation - and very easy to use - allowing us to monitor rate of entry, auto respond to entrants, and obviously the great benefit of being able to digitally store a huge amount of data/info instead of our previous headache of having excessive paper copies. The software has been exceptional value for money. Award Force provided excellent upfront training in how best to use the software and also provided an excellent back up service for any small glitches that might arise in initial use. All in all it has been a fantastic purchase for our organisation and one which we wish we had probably made a number of years ago! Highly recommended.

Eileen

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed July 2020

Business to Arts - AwardForce

PROS

We really like the ease of copying entries for entrants, to make it easier for them to submit multiple entries (if eligible). The variety of judging options is also very helpful, enabling us to select the best type of judging for that particular instance, rather than doing a workaround on a static judging process.

CONS

While there isn't a lot I don't like about AwardForce, it would be helpful to provide an accessibility colour checker/palette - we recently changed sponsor, so had to change the theme colours, and it was difficult to test the colours with all of the design nuances, to ensure the theme a) looked good and b) was fully accessible to people who have eyesight challenges.

Caitlin

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2016

Extremely impressive

Our organisation hosts an extremely complex hierarchical awards program with multiple chapters, categories, price points, sets of criteria, juries and numerous staff across Australia. I have been extremely impressed by the functionality and flexibility of the Award Force platform, not to mention the high level of customer service and willingness to provide solutions. My consultant has been very responsive and always willing to help with our program. I could not be happier with the level of service we have received to date, and am excited to launch our program via this new system over the next six months. During our pilot program I received only positive feedback from the entrants, judges and administrators using the platform. It is extremely easy to use, and looks professional to external viewers. I am relieved to have a lot of control over the configuration of the system for our needs, and it means that I can be the main support for the team working on delivering the program. The team at Award Force are extremely capable, responsive and willing to help. The user experience of the system is second-to-none. The system gives our awards program a professional look. I am excited to use the platform and cannot recommend Award Force highly enough.

PROS

Flexible for different needs, easy to use, professional look and feel.

CONS

Not being able to run multiple programs at the same time - we would love to use it for our other Prize programs!

We're so glad we can support the complexity of your needs right out of the box Caitlin. Thanks for the wonderful review :D We do of course have a solution for running multiple separate prize programs, it involves multi-account subscription fees is all - but has some very handy multi-account functionality!

Replied October 2016

Neil

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2018

We used Award Force to run several design competitions successfully

Ease of use, professionally run design competitions and peace of mind.

PROS

Ease of use. Award Force has allowed us to run design competitions with up to 70 entrants relatively easily. Award Force took so much of the onerous sifting through entries and made it so much easier for us as the organizers of the competitions and for the judges to access and review the entries. It also helped when we ran design competitions with several rounds, i.e. Round One being the initial selection of acceptable entries being put into a coherent set of entries and then allowing the judges to easily go through them in order to populate Round Two. The whole experience has been very easy and that is extremely helpful to us as we don't have the time to develop our own system.

CONS

Can be a little bit difficult to look back at previous rounds of a design competition as the competition progresses, i.e. when at Round 2 of the competition and you want to look back at how the entrants earlier work looked it takes some time to navigate and find what you want

Jamie