• Pros

• "The software is easy to set up, easy to use, and the price is unbeatable!"

• "Love the ease of use, simplicity, design, and friendly support. They always respond quickly, and this service works great."

• "I love that there is so much functionality in such a easy to use tool. "

• Cons

• "Updates and additional features are made pretty frequently, so sometimes it's confusing when buttons or items get moved/adjusted. But this really isn't a con as it's improving the experience. "

• "They changed the timer feature a few months ago, and I don't love the new version as much as I liked the old version. It's still not bad, though, and just took a little while to get used to. "

• "I don't love the design of the proposal/contract/invoices but it's not a deal breaker"

Browse AND.CO Reviews

James from J.C. Steadman

Perfect for freelancers and small businesses

I used to use Harvest. I've now switched completely to AND CO and haven't looked back. It's perfect for me as a one-man operation in a service-based business.

Pros

It has the full functionality of most invoicing and time tracking software on the market today, but it's completely free. AND CO Integrates well with most things and is clean and fast. The free mobile app works really well and support has always been quick and helpful when I've needed it. Getting updates when clients view and pay invoices is great and their direct payment integration with Stripe has been so helpful. Multiple tax zones and the ability to create quick invoices on the fly means less time fiddling around with invoicing.

Cons

Some features are unintuitive and annoying. Here are four examples. 1) My proposal software takes a 50% deposit payment upon acceptance of my proposal. I then manually create the project in AND CO and create the 50% deposit invoice so I can mark it as paid. I can't just create the invoice and then say it's been received, I have to first save a draft, go to another section of the app to mark it as sent, then go into the invoice again to receive it. Seems ridiculous to have to do that. 2) When tracking time, in order to mark that time as invoiced, I have to go through two screens rather than being able to just click a checkbox from the time tracking screen. This wasn't always the case, but something they changed last month. I hope they switch it back. 3) The invoices can't be customised as much as I'd like. Small, but annoying. 4) Invoices that are overdue aren't automatically sent a payment reminder email. You have to do this manually.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey James, This is amazing!! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review and we are just so happy to know that AND CO is perfect for freelancers and small businesses and that it is great for invoicing and time tracking! I am so sorry to hear that some of our features are intuitive for you such as deposits and we would love the opportunity to show you how you can set the deposit payment upfront this way as well as pass on any feature requests you have such as marking time activities as invoiced in one click, invoice customization, auto sending invoice reminders. You can always reach out to us anytime right in the app via the support chat tab directly, your chief operators have got your back and ready to assist day and night! *Jodi

New user but very pleased!

Overall, my experience has been positive. I am happy I switched over and have intentions of staying put!

Pros

And.co caught my eye because I was in search of a new system for my business. I wanted a simple system that was robust. I needed to be able to track time, submit proposals and contracts, and be able to print out reports as needed. And.co was able to do all of that for me. I came from a system that charged me based off of how many clients I have (which is ridiculous for a freelancer). And.co doesn't do that. I have the ability to have unlimited clients for a cheaper rate than the old system I was using. I am excited to see what other improvements they make. It's a great system for a freelancer!

Cons

Nothing has been a deal-breaker so far. There were a few things I needed to reach out to customer support about but they were prompt in their reply and were very helpful. I think the only thing I would probably suggest is offering an option to be able to automatically round up tickets to the nearest 1/4 hour mark. I have always billed by the quarter-hour but now have to manually adjust the time before I invoice (which is a pain). My old system had an option I could turn on and it would automatically round up the timer to the nearest quarter hour once it was stopped.

Reasons for Choosing AND.CO

It was a better fit for my needs.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2020

Hey There, We are so happy you have joined us and thank you for the review. Glad to hear that you like our time tracking, proposals, contracts and reporting features as well as our unlimited clients feature on our Pro plan. We are always open to feedback and you can reach out to us with any suggestions anytime right in the app via our support chat. Jodi*

Megan from Freelancer

Used to Love And.Co, but They've Changed

Two years ago no competitor was offering the breadth of features that AND.CO offered for free. It felt like someone out there was finally rooting for me as a newly started out freelancer, rather than charging hefty fees (ahem, Bonsai at $16/month billed annually). I began to worry when I read that AND.CO was bought by Fiverr roughly a year ago. Press releases said nothing would change, therefore the software would remain free. A few months later the free account only allowed for 1 active client, which is workable if you archive clients you don't need right away. They created 1 alternative Pro plan that costs a whopping $18/month billed annually. AND.CO still had a lot of great features and I loved the customer service so I cut my losses and started archiving and unarchiving clients. May 2020—COVID-19 has put available work at an all-time low for many freelancers. Self-employed workers have endured over a month of no unemployment benefits and are just now getting some relief (if they can manage to successfully apply and meet the requirements). AND.CO chooses this time to inform me that you can no longer unarchive archived clients on the free account. Basically you can only have 1 client, which makes the free account useless for most. I'm disgusted, I thought they cared more about their users. This was such a hard blow I switched to Harvest the same day I got the email. If you truly care about supporting freelancers, don't start making them shell out money during a pandemic!

Pros

I loved the clean, modern user interface. It is a bit glitchy sometimes but was still really nice to work in. Before AND.CO I was doing all of my invoices manually and it was not working out well. AND.CO put all of my client info and time tracking in one place, allowed me to finally process credit cards, and manage invoices efficiently. It was a godsend when I first found it, but then it was bought out.

Cons

The only feature AND.CO lacked for me at first was a place to take down client notes during meetings. My client notes were the only things not organized somehow within AND.CO. I sent them a feature request for it and after some time it was accepted and implemented. I had never had a company actually listen to my feedback and that felt amazing. The only glitch I've experienced with the software features themselves has been in the Terms section under Projects. I add Product Services (ex: Logo Design, Website Design) and set their rates of pay and then track time in the Project and label the tracked time with those Services but when I go to invoice the Project it doesn't properly show how many hours were tracked under each Service. I can send an invoice anyway, but I'd much rather show the client what the hours they are paying for went into.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2020

Hey Megan, Thanks for your review and glad we were able to implement your feature request for client notes. Regarding invoicing time tracked, I would love to help guide you on how you can add time tracked hours to your invoice for each service and you can reach us directly via the in app support chat tab anytime. Also thanks for your detailed feedback regarding our Free Plan and Paid Pro Plan, We know these are difficult times across the board, but we at AND.CO continue to invest in the product to make it as useful and helpful to freelancers globally. I want to highlight that we offer a free plan which you can use with one client for free for as long as you like, otherwise you can unlock unlimited clients by upgrading to AND.CO Pro and we would be more than happy to help personally if you reach out to us in the support chat tab. :)

Zach from Triple Creek Media LLC

Great Software for Freelancers

It has really helped us see the whole picture from starting with a client through to the final invoice and then being able to track our income and expenses. Other than being a full on CRM (which I am not asking for) it really does have everything we use in one place. That is really the best part. I got this program before the "Pro" feature where there was everything available and no restriction to number of active clients, so it was a little rough to adjust to the suddenly this program that you have been using and getting used to is now going to cost you money. But it has been worth the money that we have spent, so not really a problem, just a (very) minor inconvenience.

Pros

It has so many features in one place. Proposals and contracts along with invoicing and accounting features to be able to take a project from start to finish with a client.

Cons

Switching between lists to keep different clients/projects organized can sometimes get tricky, but that may just be me losing track of which list I am in.

Reasons for Choosing AND.CO

I had seen it promoted by some other people and after checking into AND CO I realized that it would do what I needed.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2020

Hey Zach, This is amazing! Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are so glad that AND.CO Helps with Start to finish when it comes to proposals to payments. Regarding switching between lists I would be more than happy to help with the best workflows and you can reach us anytime right in the app via the in app support chat tab. Jodi*

Sharon from Sharon McElwee, LLC

I am totally hooked on AND CO!

I have been using AND CO's free version for a couple of years now. I was a little concerned when they started charging for the software, but the monthly subscription is well worth the many improvements I've seen since I started paying. Their support team is the best! Not only are they fast and responsive, they are always friendly and willing to answer my many questions. I would recommend AND CO to any freelancer who is looking for an accounting and project management system.

Pros

It is so easy to create proposals and contracts. I have one client with an ongoing contract for over a year, and they are very happy with my invoices. They usually pay within 24 hours or less.

Cons

Time tracking is a little clunky. Converting timesheets to invoices needs a little work also.

Reasons for Choosing AND.CO

Even though Freshbooks is designed for freelancers, I felt like AND CO provided everything I needed in one app. In the past I have had a separate project management system (Asana), but AND CO is powerful enough to do it all and integrates nicely with my payment gateway (PayPal) and my Google Calendar.

Response from AND CO

Replied June 2019

Hey Sharon , Thank you very much for sharing your review, we are so thrilled to hear that it is so easy to create proposals and contracts with AND CO and for the awesome feedback regarding our customer support team, thank you so much! I would love to help with invoicing and time tracking anytime and If you ever need anything at all please reach out to us via the in-app support chat tab directly, your chief operators have got your back day and night! *Jodi

Keisha from Kroxie and Co, LLC

Great All-In-One Product for Creative Freelancers

Pros

I love that this comes with built in contracts. It can be very difficult to write a comprehensive contract that protects both you and the client.

Cons

I wish there was a way to template common services or project types instead of having to manually set everything up every time.

Reasons for Choosing AND.CO

The contracts, invoicing, time tracking, and in/out were all aspects that I really liked being all together. I would have had to purchase additional products/services if I went with Timely at the time.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2020

Hey Keisha, Thanks for the amazing review, we really appreciate it and its great to hear that you love contracts with AND.CO as well as invoicing and time tracking. Feel free to hit us up anytime in the app support chat tab. We would love to hear from you. Jodi*

Samantha from ShineByDesignCleaning

Industry: Environmental Services

I needed a good income/expense program

I usually try to play around with a program before committing because I don't like paying for anything, but this program ended up winning me over and now I'm a pro member.

Pros

Unfortunately I started inputting data in October, so that process was tedious but once I got the hang of it, and now that I'm caught up, I really like how I can easily see my income/expenses/profits. I also absolutely love how I can create invoices ahead of time and set reminders to send them. This program allows me to create an invoice, send it, and it tells me when the customer views it, and then when it's paid, And.co marks it as paid and reminds me if there are outstanding balances with customers. Setting automatic expenses also helps.

Cons

Inputting the information can be tedious, but it's worth it. I suggest starting at the beginning of the year and not in October like I did.

Reasons for Choosing AND.CO

The multiple features it has led me to become a pro member. I just didn't find any other program that wasn't super expensive that had all the features this one offered.

Response from AND CO

Replied October 2019

Hey Samantha, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this great review! We're so glad you have joined us and we would love to show you how you can easily import your income and expense data via csv file straight into the app or connect your supported US bank account for automated expense tracking too! We want to do everything we can to help and if you ever have any questions or need us to check on anything at all please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly via the in-app support chat as your chief operators are standing by and we have got your back!! Jodi*

Queen from Queen J Consulting

Switched from Freshbooks and love And Co

Customer service is quick and excellent. I haven't had any issues with using the product.

Pros

The invoicing and time tracking features are great, and it always works. I can send proposals and contracts to clients with ease.

Cons

It is missing automatic email reminders for client invoices

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2020

Hey There Queen Joseph, Thanks for the amazing review, we are excited to hear that you are loving the invoicing, time tracking, proposals and contracts features with AND.CO and we can certainly pass on your feedback to add automatic reminders for sure.We really appreciate your support and your Chief Operators have always got your back! Hit us up anytime in the in-app support chat tab day and night your chief operators are standing by! Jodi*

Heidi from Self Employed

Has all the features I need

Being new to independent contracting it was nice to start with a professional looking invoicing system.

Pros

This software does contracts, invoicing and time tracking which are the main features I need. It has a great UI and I can also do everything on the mobile app which is convenient. I like being able to send reminders for my invoices and I like that it helps me walk through the contracts I send so I understand the legal jargon.

Cons

Not many cons if any. My client wanted my hours in hours:minutes when this platform has the time in decimals so I have to do some converting, but that is my client's issue really.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2020

Hey There Heidi, This is fantastic!! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review and we are just so happy to know that your loving AND.CO's features such as contracts, invoicing and time tracking aswell as our UI.!! If you ever need anything please reach out to us anytime right in the app via the support chat tab, your chief operators have got your back and ready to assist day and night! Jodi*

Relvin from Otsan LLC

Very good customer support and the whole software looks modern and easy

Overall my experience has been positive and Ill continue using them for as long as I can. Invoices look very nice.

Pros

Easy to use. Amazing customer support. The app is continuously being upgraded. Makes tracking and invoicing a breeze.

Cons

They limit the free version to one active client at a time which is a pain when you have more than one but don't need any other of the features of the PRO version.

Response from AND CO

Replied October 2019

Hey there Relvin, Thank you so much for leaving a review for us! It's awesome to hear that AND.CO support is great and the app is modern and clean!! We would be happy to show you how you can take advantage of using our free plan by switching between active clients!! Please reach out to us directly anytime via the in-app support chat tab we have got your back day and night! Jodi*

Jenny from Self-employed

Complete project management software for freelancers

With AndCo I track and invoice my clients to manage my business better. While it has plenty of features and lots of promise, it's not quite up there with more established project management software with a smoother UX and a more complete mobile app.

Pros

AndCo is the ultimate all-in-one project management software. For a self-employed writer like myself, I use it for basically everything to run my business. Aside from the expected time tracking and invoicing, you can also send proposals, contracts, keep track of income and expenses, and even create a subscription for clients who pay on a regular basis (for auto invoicing). There is also a "shoebox" where you can upload files for safekeeping. The proposals and contracts part is definitely their strong point. They make it simple to understand and give you yes/no toggles to tailor it to your client. If you pay premium, you can edit the contract a bit more. The support team is also very helpful. There's always someone on the chat to help you out and they take your feedback very seriously. Sometimes you can just chat with them about this and that. Extremely friendly team.

Cons

The UX still needs work. - On the income/expenses page, the date range could be a lot more usable. I would suggest they take a look at the date range widget used on Upwork. That one is incredibly easy to use and to switch dates without having to manually click back and forth every time. - Another problem on that page is the filtering doesn't stick. For example, if I filter by project from Jan to Dec then click on one of the results, there is no back button that will take me back to the filtered results. I have to manually re-apply the filters to see them again. Filters shouldn't be cleared unless the user clicks "Clear filters". - The "Notes" section in each project page was one of my suggestions to the team, but they simply added a text field with no formatting options or even the ability to save different notes. It's just one plain text field that you can't even resize to take advantage of the entire lower half of the page which is blank. - Hyperlinks don't work anywhere. This is a particular peeve for me as a writer who pastes lots of links into tasks and notes for reference. Turning them into clickable links would be a winner. If these issues were addressed, I'd happily upgrade to premium. But right now the app has lots of features that are low on quality, so the higher-than-average monthly fee isn't really worth it.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Jenny, thank you so much for taking the time out of your day and leaving a review for us! Its great to hear that AND CO is the ultimate project management software for freelancers and that you use pretty much all of our features to run your business specifically proposals and contracts. We are so happy that its simple to understand and easy to use. I have also taken note of your suggestions regarding our date range options, filters and our notes feature. I have passed this over to our product team and I would be happy to keep you updated on any enhancements on these as always and thank you for always providing us with valuable feedback!! If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to us in our in-app Support chat as always your chief operators have got your back!

Stormy from Stormy Says Lets Talk

Helping that Side Hustler/Solopreneur/Freelancer make sure they seal the deal and get paid!

I spend less time trying to create my own systems to run my business because with And.co a huge part of my backend work is laid out in the app. It gives my clients a sense of order allows them to know I am serious about working together. It's similar to Quickbooks BUT it allows you to manage your client database which really helps me to stay organized with deadlines, to do list and closing the deal. Just helps me be better at being a Soloprenuer!

Pros

The And.co app really helps those of us who work for ourselves stay on top of our 'backend'. It allows me to draft and send proposals and contracts to clients so that the terms of our agreement are understood while making it easy for clients to settle payments. I can track how much I spend on a project via the mobile app, which has helped me keep track of time spent when working with a client in person. The ease of the proposal template really helps me to build a proper proposal/contractor ensuring I don't miss any legalities that protect my client and me.

Cons

And.co's contract template, although great, I believe can be more adjustable given the profession in which you work. I am professional organizer so it would be great to alter the contract a bit by being able to add some of my own stipulations.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey there Stormy, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind words. It means a lot and we're so glad to hear we were able to improve your freelancing experience by providing you with the tools and app you needed. We're happy to announced that the new AND CO Pro subscription features brand new customization options for the Contract that we hope you'll love! Please feel free to reach out to our support team directly with any questions, suggestions or feedback. We've always got your back!

Dani from Basek Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

Supporting the Freelance Community

As a brand and web designer, the built in proposal and contract feature is great, and really streamlines the process and gives me a very professional image. Seeing a graph of my income and expenses lets me know where I need to work harder or reflect on trends throughout the year and clients appreciate the easy online payment system. I'm so passionate about the freelancer community as we all seem to support one another from a variety of levels and experience. AndCo helps bring all of that together and strive for a better industry :)

Pros

I love that it's free and supports multiple countries. Freelancers all over the world can run an efficient business with low overheads.

Cons

There are some missing features that would be super useful, but I understand this is a free platform and different types of freelancers/industries may not need these features. One major one that I think would benefit everyone: Choose options when quoting. For example, I can present my clients with a few options for quantities of business cards (typically 250, 500 and 1000). Currently, its a bit of a pain quoting them the minimum, then they come back and ask for a bigger quantity, realise they can't afford that and go back to the original quantity. Its a lot of back and forth and time wasted on my part. If they could select an option and "build their own quote", this would be extremely beneficial. It also gives freelancers the opporunity to offer upselling. Example - quote a logo design, and then have additional options (add business cards for $xx.x, add a website for $xxxx.xx). This has worked so well for me in the past on a previous platform.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Dani, thanks for taking the time to leave this kind review! We really appreciate it. We want you to know that we will strongly consider the features you mention to offer different options in a Proposal. It's a great idea and you explain well just how useful it would be. As you note, we want to do everything we can to support the freelancing community the world over, and that's why we take user feedback extremely seriously. Got any other suggestions? Feel free to give us a shout in our in-app Support Chat. Your friendly Chief Operators look forward to hearing from you!

Diana from DigPopDigital

And Co Is a Powerful Tool for Freelancers and Self-Employed

I primarily use And Co's web based platform. I LOVE that it's super easy to: 1- Create a contract with their template 2- Create and customize invoices 3- Create projects 4- Create tasks 5- Create invoices As I mentioned previously, the fact that And Co are partnered with Freelancers Union adds a huge trust factor to using their service. If you offer a subscription based service they provide a separate feature to generate an invitation to your client so they can accept ongoing subscription service. I found the Timer feature quirky, where I started tracking time on one task and paused it. When I went back I couldn't see how I could restart my timer and ended up tracking the additional time separately for the same task. Another feature I like is the Shoebox, where you can forward receipts you have for business expenses and And Co gives you the ability to associate them to specific projects. Under the Income and Expenses they offer a great visual graph that lets you see your income fluctuation month to month. Overall, I'm really impressed with what And Co offers. There are quirks but they are in no way deal breakers, this is a tool that is committed to making freelancing life easier. I've definitely benefited from using their app.

Pros

I read about Freelancers Union partnering with And Co and decided to try out And Co out. That was my incentive because Freelancers Union is dedicated to supporting freelancers, they're right to be paid on time and are a great resource. I've been using And Co for a year and my favorite feature is the invoicing process. You can send a custom message when you're ready to send the invoice and once it's pushed out, And Co sends you updates from when the Invoice is viewed, alerts for when an invoice is overdue, super easy to generate a reminder and from a design perspective it's super easy to login and see what invoices you've generated and the history. I rely on And Co heavily for the invoicing feature because it's so easy to use.

Cons

I'd say the mobile app. I downloaded it to my Android smartphone and realized I couldn't remember my password to login. There's no Forgot Password link to trigger a password reset. The app triggers a vibration if you enter the wrong username or password but it won't say i.e., there is no account associated with this email, or this password is invalid. There is the option to login with Facebook, or to create a new account. To login, I reset my password from the web version of And Co, then logged in to the mobile app. I will say the design of the mobile app is pretty amazing. I can see my invoices and move between tasks. What's thrown me off is seeing invoices that I recorded as paid in the web version of And co, but in the mobile app I see an active "Record Payment" button with paid invoices. I'm very happy with the web version of And Co. I haven't reported these issues/questions to And Co support because it's not a priority to me. When I have time I'll try the mobile app more and send feedback to support.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Heyo Diana, We really appreciate you taking the time to write us this incredible, kind and informative review! We're so glad you've gotten this much use out of the app and that we've been able to make such an impact. In recent updates, we have addressed some of your concerns with the mobile app, but we're always looking for ways to improve. Adding a "Forgot Password?" prompt is a great idea that we're happy to consider. We'd love to hear more, especially about your feedback on our Time Tracking feature! Always feel free to reach out to us directly with any ideas as well as questions, comments or concerns. Thank you so much again for being a fan, Diana!

Chloe from CC Digital

Absolutely love this product!

Brilliant experience with this software. The more I use it, the more I fall in love with it. It has significantly reduced the time I spent working on "tedious" business tasks such as accounts and invoicing. It's helped to streamline my processes and I'm looking forward to seeing what new features they come out with in the future.

Pros

As a freelancer, AND CO provides everything I need - from proposals, to time tracking and accounts. I provide services that are generally paid for on a month by month ongoing basis. I found it incredibly difficult to find a simple to use software that provided a monthly subscription direct debit option for clients, when I found out AND CO had this it really sealed the deal for me. I started using this software for the accounts side of things and didn't use it for much else at first. This wasn't any fault of AND CO's it just wasn't something I really looked into at the time. I then started using AND CO to send proposals and get contracts signed for existing clients. It's so simple to do and I can set up a monthly direct debit in seconds. The income from this is then automatically added into my accounts software and any reoccurring monthly outgoings such as my phone bill are also logged automatically every month if you set it to do this. This means, all I have to add into my accounts each week are any "one off" expenses I may have accumulated during the week. This has decreased the amount of time I have spent working on little things like accounts significantly. Also, the customer service is wonderful. Honestly, couldn't offer more thanks to everyone at AND CO who have tolerated my constant question asking!

Cons

My only negative about this software for me, is that in the proposals section, there is no option to create a template proposal but I know this is something the team are working on which is great!

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Heyo Chloe, thanks for your review! Awesome to hear that we provide everything you need - and that our Subscriptions feature has made such a difference for you! We've recently implemented a feature I think you'll like: you can now re-use existing Proposals, meaning templates are now possible. Woo-hoo! If anything else comes to mind, please do not be a stranger and head right on over to our in-app Support Chat. We want to do everything we can to help!

Jorge from Enkompass

Great bang for the buck

It is hard to complain about AND CO's business management software. Coming from Fiverr, it should not come as a surprise that the product is aimed straight at freelancers of the gig economy. It is incredibly easy to get started using this app because it has just the right amount of features. Not too much, not too little. Integrates well with Facebook and Google (as well as Fiverr) for login authentication. Notifications can be sent via email or via your browser. You can also integrate it with Slack. It manages your clients, proposals, contracts, projects, tasks and invoices. Invoicing is the only area where the software falls flat on its face because the process is not very intuitive. There are multiple issues and I will only mention those that stood out to me. I was trying to create an invoice for a particular client for this one specific project. And CO actually has that option built-in. However, the invoice kept coming up blank every time even though I had logged a whole month's worth of work for that particular project. I tried going to the task list hoping to select the tasks I needed to invoice and generate an invoice based on that, but the app only lets you specify whether or not a task has been invoiced. You might think that changing the setting to NO would automatically include it in the next project invoice but it will not. You can't even take a single task and create an invoice for it. Overall, invoicing needs to be reimagined.

Pros

Getting started with this app is ridiculously easy You can customize the invoices with your company colors and logo Integrates with your bank account, Slack, Zapier, Google Calendar, Shopify, and Visor. You can import your own data into the app. Supports Facebook, Google, and Fiverr logins. Supports in-Browser notifications as well as email notifications Manages clients, contracts, proposals, projects, and tasks. It is very easy to configure this app and get incredible looking invoices going in a very short amount of time. Handles invoicing and recurring payments Has a mobile app, a chrome extension, and a Mac client. Supports WePay, PayPal, Stripe, and you can always direct people to your own custom payment URL. Help is available right inside the app. It is FREE

Cons

Creating invoices is not very intuitive and needs some tuning to get it right.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Jorge, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts! We're so happy we could make getting started easy and provide you with the integrations you need. Got any ideas for more? We'd love to hear them! We have just recently introduced a new one with FundBox which allows you to get paid early via a small line of credit - let us know if you'd like to learn more! We're happy to answer any questions, comments or concerns you have, such as with invoicing. From what you're describing, we think we might know how to help! Your friendly Chief Operators are always standing by.

Jannica from Innova Champion Discs

AndCo helps me organize my freelance life, and support is always phenomenal!

My entire freelance workflow is kept organized by AndCo! It's nice to have a single app to go to for basic management of my small business.

Pros

Some favorite itemized pros: quick and easy invoicing simple client management system (CMS) (basic, but good enough for my needs!) easy time-tracking extremely personable and knowledgeable staff, who are always eager, ready, and able to help through the support chat working contracts are included that are written by lawyers who know about problems in the freelance world that I really don't know much about, and wouldn't have been able to write myself automatically generated and sent demand letters (I would have never had the guts to write one myself!) As a full-time freelancer, I feel organized, protected, and supported by AndCo. Seriously, I haven't found anything that could replace this in my workflow. I am grateful that AndCo is free software, but strangely enough, I wish I could purchase a subscription so AndCo knows how much I value the service.

Cons

I wish the proposals were a bit more customizable was recently acquired by Fiverr, and I don't want to be associated with Fiverr

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Jannica. a pleasure, as always! Thank you so much for reaching out and for providing this incredible, detailed review! It really means a lot and especially gives us insight into how you are using the app and how we can improve your experience! Please always feel free to share whatever custom options you are looking for with Proposals and we will be happy to consider them! Don't be a stranger. Feel free to reach out to us at any time with questions, comments, concerns or suggestions!

J. Luke from J. Luke Chitwood, LLC

Industry: Writing and Editing

Saving Time and Making Paperwork Suck Less

Overall I've had a fantastic experience. Customer service is prompt and helpful, and the service provides great value to my work.

Pros

And.Co saves me a ton of time, focuses on the most important features to streamline my freelance billing, invoicing, time tracking, and expense/income tracking. There aren't lots of extraneous features I don't need, and the interface is very clean - as are the pre-made templates for invoices, proposals, etc. I routinely get feedback from clients who are impressed with how professional the documents/communications look, and it takes so much less time than generating them myself via a word processor, etc.

Cons

I'd love to be able to add team members or send receipts/documents to a central And.Co account from multiple email addresses. I've shared this with customer service and been told these types of features are in the works. The only other issue I've had with the software is some lags/bugs with modifying start time or duration in the Time Tracking feature. For example, if it's 10 a.m. and I need to create an entry saying I spent 1 hour at 9:00 a.m. working on X task, the system sometimes fails to record the start time or I may have to enter the data multiple times before it saves.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey there Luke! So great to hear from you and thank you so much for taking the time to leave this great review. It's amazing to hear how much we've been able to improve your work by offering you the tools you need! We want to do even more for you and so we are looking into adding team functionality, and, as we've mentioned we will keep you in the loop on this! Please feel free to reach out ASAP and let us know how we can help with your Time Tracking issues. We know we'll be able to get to the bottom of that!

Steve from Zap Crunch

I've been using AND CO since they joined Fiverr and I often suggest it to new contractors I hire.

Helps my workflow and I trust the legality of the boiler plate contracts that come with the proposal and contracting features.

Pros

I like that it's built from the ground up for freelancers, focused on offering a toolset to help us be protected and get paid. The workflow it provides has helped me to streamline the way I pitch business and request payment. I enjoy the modern design and attractive presentation for end clients. It is not only professional-looking, but updated and flexible, allowing me to present a solid branding experience. Best of all is the great customer service. I like interfacing with the same down-to-earth reps who are honest and friendly. Although they are not available 24/7, I am completely okay with that because my concerns are always addressed and I feel like my suggestions are taken seriously.

Cons

Although it allows me to use a business name, the payment link defaulted to my personal name despite having business bank and PayPal accounts that I use with a DBA. Proposal and invoice templating is missing and, in my opinion, essential since many projects for different clients have a lot of similarities, but I understand that these features are forthcoming. I don't use the Project task features because I use other project management software.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Steve, thanks for being a fan. We've always appreciated your feedback and love seeing your name pop-up in our Support Chat. We just wanted to let you know how much we appreciated you leaving us a review here and wanted to remind you to reach out if you need anything at all. Proposal and Invoice templating is absolutely possible and we're happy to help you to set that up for your clients. Thanks again, Steve; wishing you the best!

Relvin from Self-employed

Very easy to use and quick customer support

My experience so far has been pleasant.

Pros

What I loved more about this software was the minimalist approach to something that can become quite complex with other solutions: invoicing and keeping track of your business expenses. Up until now this is the platform I use for all of this because its free. They provide updates frequently and keeps their users up to date. I am also able to track my time, customize invoices and create contracts that clients can sign.

Cons

I do not like the fact that they seem to be slowly rolling a paid "pro" subscription. They seem to have plans to lower the clients that you can have as a free subscription member. I fear that this will slowly be the norm and the free version will slowly fade away, rending this solution useless to me. In terms of actual functionality, I have not found a con to using this software. I get up and running very quickly every day.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey there Relvin! Thank you so much for your review. It means a lot to us that you took the time to share your feedback. We do not have any plans to phase out our Free plan or make any changes to it; you can continue to use it for Free as long as you like! We've introduced Pro as a step towards creating a fully-fledged premium freelancing suite which we plan to fill to the brim with shiny new features like team-based accounts. Because we're putting every cent of Pro into development and support, we want to hear from you what kinds of features you would be the most interested in. We want to hear from you! Let us know what features you need and we will pass the feedback to our product team directly.

Jenny E. from Lock and Key Press

Industry: Online Media

Excellent free app!

I found this software by accident and I am SO happy with it. Toggl kept good time, but it was expensive and did not generate invoices. Other timekeeping software wasn't mobile, I couldn't use it on my phone. The design of so many apps was really clunky too. AndCo is really really good, and even better because it's free, and doesn't cut into my bottom line to pay for another service on top of DropBox, Schedugram, etc. As a social media manager, I use AndCo every day and I love it. The interface is just great, the features for expenses and file keeping are also just perfect. Love love LOVE this software. Never leave me!

Pros

The invoicing and payment system is so good! I love that I can track my hours, then generate an invoice AND bill through WePay, PayPal, or other wallets! My clients love it too.

Cons

It was a bit funny figuring out how to organize the Clients and the projects - but I have a system that works for me now using the hierarchy available in AndCo. I love that there's a new Chrome extension, and a desktop app, but they are still a little weird (Chrome extension doesn't allow you to add your tasks to a client/project, you have to go in to the web app and do it manually) but I think they'll figure it out!

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Jenny, Thank you very much for sharing your review, we are so grateful for your kind words and for taking the time to write us this detailed review! Its so nice to hear that AND CO's invoicing and payment features are great and that you love time tracking and payments!! Even better to hear that your clients are loving it too!! Your chief operators would love to help you with any questions you have and you can reach us anytime via the in-app support chat tab, we are ready to assist and are just one message away! *Jodi

Norm from entreTools

And.Co just keeps improving

Support is top-notch and responsive. I genuinely feel that they are interested in what makes the freelancer user experience better.

Pros

I started out with And.Co quite a while ago as one of the tools in my toolbox, but I never really used it that much as it just didn't have features that I felt was necessary for a freelancer. Well, fast-forward to today and And.co just keeps getting better and better. They are very active in developing new features and listening to suggestions. I always feel welcome with my ideas and feel that they take an honest look at them. I'm now genuinely interested in moving to And.co for my freelance dashboard.

Cons

At some point it may be nice to have a native Win10 app to compliment the app they have for Android (might be a better experience than running in a browser.) I would also like to see more emphasis put on the time-tracking (although they have made some great improvements in the last several months.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey there Norm, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're so glad you're on our team and we appreciate your support. We're constantly looking for ways to improve, and we appreciate you sticking with us. We're happy to look into adding a Windows 10 app to our suite of tools and can take a look at any feedback you may have to expand the Time Tracking. Thanks so much for your input. Your friendly Chief Operators are always standing by, so don't be stranger!

Adam from MONK, LLC

Tracking time and invoicing has never been easier

Exception. I hate dealing with customer service — as I'm sure most people do. And Co changes that feeling. With an embedded chat option, I can fire off recommendations and questions, and they quickly answer. When they say "That's a good idea. I'll let our developers know." they actually mean it. Truly an outstanding product and experience.

Pros

As someone who focused on doing work and struggled with the business side of things, And Co helped change that all. I'm so glad I found this at the beginning of my freelance career. It has helped me easily track time, create projects, invoice, and keep tabs on how much I've made throughout the year. When stuck, or if I have an improvement recommendation, their customer service reps are truly unsurpassed. I recommend And Co to all my friends who freelance — and I've even gotten some agencies to use it for their daily needs.

Cons

I'd like to think I was an early adapter of this program. I have seen impressive changes throughout the year I've used it. What I initially thought weren't good changes ended up being great in the end when I understood them. The constant evolution proves they want to make this the best program ever for freelancers.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Adam, It's always a pleasure to hear from you and we're so glad you took the time to leave us this great review. It's well-written and gives us incredible insight into your experiences with AND CO. We can't thank you enough for sharing this with the world! If you need anything at all, we are standing by in the Support Chat as always, so feel free to give us a shout with any questions, comments or concerns.

Jessi from Lighthouse Media Group

A Handy Alternative to Quickbooks

Their customer support is great. Best I have ever received. I hate that they switched to a paid structure and that now its more expensive than the quickbooks I used to have.

Pros

I found out about AndCo when they got bought by Fiver and I tried it out and eventually switched from quickbooks. For starters it was free and basically did everything I needed. I ended up saving money by switching as well obtaining a few handy new features such as the ability to track when my clients open the invoices.

Cons

I wish the they had a section where you could track outstanding invoices from a client. What I liked about quickbooks was that when I sent an invoice it would show pending balance and update the total on the new invoice so that it reflected the old balance as well. It would essentially show balanced brought over.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Jessi, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're so glad we were able to provide you with the tools you need for your business. We're happy to look into the features you've suggested to us, like displaying a continuing balance across multiple invoices. We understand that you're frustrated by the introduction of Pro: to clarify, we still support a Free version and would be more than happy to help. Otherwise, we hope you'll enjoy the updates we have planned for Pro in the future! We put every cent into developing new stuff, so stay tuned and let us know what you'd like to see in an upcoming version!

AJ from wrkshp

Perfect for Freelancers and Entrepreneurs

I found myself without a job this June of 2018 due to one my bosses (married couple) needing a new liver due to a medical condition. Since I have an account with Envato Elements, I was given a free account with AND CO early on and got to try it out. I was using a paid service that was way too much for me, and geared more towards teams. AND CO was exactly what I needed without a lot of complicated frills and modules to focus on getting work done and getting paid!

Pros

The software/program is built like other freelancers and entrepreneurs built it. It has just enough for the solo person to feel like they have every tool they need without being overwhelmed. Integration with other services is a cinch, and I've been so happy to keep everyone I work with up to date and tied together with every step along the way.

Cons

More of a wish would be to integrate the tasks with a to-do app like Todoist or Wunderlist. That would make it perfect!

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey AJ, we are incredibly thankful and grateful that you took the time out to leave us this amazing review. Its so nice to know that AND CO has allowed you to get your business up and running with all the features needed to get started without feeling overwhelmed! We can absolutely pass on your feedback regarding more integrations and If you ever need anything at or have any other suggestions feel free to hit us up directly via the in-app support chat anytime. Your chief operators are here to help every step of the way! *Jodi

Shlok from Atlanta Creative Company

Full-Service Invoicing & Business Management, Steal for the Price

I've been using AND CO for the past year and it's simplified the accounting side of my business significantly. I first started using AND CO because it was a free alternative to FreshBooks (they've since switched to a fremium model at a reasonable price). The variety of functions that it serves makes it well worth the monthly expense however I will be paying more attention to their quality now that I'm paying for it.

Pros

I primarily use the excellent invoicing and proposal system and appreciate the integrated online payments. Recurring subscriptions are also very useful as is time tracking even though I don't use them much. Expense tracking also integrates with my bank accounts and cards which makes expense tagging very easy.

Cons

The proposals and contracts could have different aesthetic templates to make them a bit easier to read for customers. I'd also love if they added mileage tracking because then I could centralize my entire expense tracking.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Shlok, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. We always love hearing from you and this is no exception. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We will absolutely look into and keep you in the loop on the updates you suggest here, like additional Proposal templates and mileage tracking! Awesome ideas, and please feel free to keep them coming! Thanks so much for being a part of AND CO Pro and let us know how we can help!

Edith from Freelancer

This app is an extremely effective and well-designed tool that any freelancer could benefit from

Pros

I personally love their invoicing tool. It reminds me when clients are overdue, allows me to send receipts and everything sent out from this app looks well-designed and professional. You can use your own branding, and customize the invoices and proposals I have personally received quite a few compliments from my clients regarding the efficiency of this system since moving over from a much more manual process I was using before. This app saves me so much time and helps me see how much money I have brought in so far in the year which I find super helpful. I also love the fact that they help freelancers with contracts to protect yourself, which can be customized as well. Not only are PRO features now 100% free, their customer service is out of this world friendly, personal and efficient. Any feedback/suggestions/questions posed to them will be answered in an extremely professional manner, and they make it clear that they actually care about and value the suggestions you have for improving the service they offer, even going so far as to let you know about the progress regarding features you have suggested.

Cons

I have mentioned to the support team that I would prefer the option to create simple Quotations instead of Proposals - which they have taken into consideration and will be looking into implementing.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey there Edith, Great to hear from you! Thank you so much for your kind words. We really, really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us and the world. We're so glad we were able to have this kind of an impact! We really enjoy hear from you and made sure to pass your suggestion for quotations onto the team. We are always looking for ways to improve and will consider all feedback strongly. If you need anything, please feel free to reach out again at any time!

APRIL from Lewis Digital Marketing, LLC

Great Tool for Business Coaches

Pros

As a business coach for online service providers, I don't need a robust tool that covers projects, deliverables, etc. I was using a CRM tool that offered all that and more, but cost more than And CO, too. And that's not smart business for me. I love that it has the exact features I need, for a very affordable price. But what's worth more than that is their customer service.Representative ALWAYS helps me, even with difficult requests. That's worth a mint when you're running your own business!

Cons

I wouldn't say I like anything least. As a new tool they've had some feature improvements and additions that have added value, and I'm guessing they will continue to do that. But every tool has a roadmap of improvements, so that's not a negative in my opinion. I'm happy to grow with them.

Reasons for Choosing AND.CO

I really didn't have an alternative in mind. It was this or stay with 17hats.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2020

Hey April, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review. We really appreciate your support and we are so super thrilled to hear that AND.CO's customer service team is worth mint when running your own business!! That is music to our ears and we have got your back April. If you ever need anything at all you know where to find us right in the in-app support chat! Jodi*

Delonte' from Brand Basket Media

I Like "And Co" and Here's Why

My search for a minimal online tool to consolidate the endless tasks of proposals, invoicing, payments and tracking has spanned a couple of years. I was introduced to And Co in a group discussion and decided to give it a go. I expected a free trial, and got that... plus more. It's totally FREE! I now handle all tasks within And Co and in-turn my operations have become more efficient and organized, the 3rd party integrations are sweet bonus to my income/expense tracking and tax prep.

Pros

The clean, uncluttered dashboard which is fast loading and easy to use. The professional invoices and payment pages. The dedicated support team who are actually, dedicated and committed to supporting members and addressing issues. Lastly, the total FREE-ness of it all (Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know... there's no such thing as a free lunch... thanks Dad)

Cons

At times a bit buggy as they add features and work out the kinks, but what tool isn't. If an issue just really hinders your progress, contact support... it's that simple.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey There Delonte', Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this excellent review! Knowing that you are loving AND CO's features such as our dashboard, invoices and payment pages means the world to us not to mention the awesome feedback regarding our support team!! This is so great to hear, thankyou!! I'm so sorry to hear that at times finding the app buggy and as always please hit us up as we would love the opportunity to investigate these and fix them! If you can reach us via the in-app support chat tab and we will get right onto it!! We will be standing by day and night!! *Jodi

Scott from Mid-Shore IT

Incredible. If you are self employed or a freelancer you MUST have this utility

This program is quickly changing how I conduct my business, and is easily making me more organized - not to mention the fact that I feel much more professional by using it. The days of forgetting to enter work or bill a client for something small are over!

Pros

This application was extremely simple to get up and running, and within minutes it was custom tailored to my personal business and way of doing things. Acess to support and help is only a click away and responses are incredibly fast. The templates and automated systems make things that used to take me tons of time to create and track simple in comparison now. I get reminders on how and when to bill/invoice my clients, and creating new projects is a snap.

Cons

My ONLY negative comment about this platform, which took a while to think of, is that setting up and invoicing a new client for a quick (and possibly ONLY) invoice or session is a bit akward. Sometimes you do a job quick and you just need to get paid without creating a project, which is the only item I found a little lacking.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Scott, thank you so much for this great review! We appreciate you taking the time to recommend AND CO to all self-employed freelancers and to share your experiences! It's great even to hear that it took you a while to come up with a "con," but the one you do mention is a great point. Luckily, we have added a "quick invoice" feature which I'm sure you'll appreciate! Let us know if there is anything at all we can do to help you moving forward.

Timothy from Blueprint VC

A must have tool for freelancers

I use this daily to manage my design and consultation clients. After adding this app to my process, I've done away with apps like Toggl, Xero (at least the invoicing features), and any other side apps I was mish-mashing together in an attempt to cover my needs. If you're a freelancer, you NEED this app.

Pros

I absolutely LOVE this software. - Free for managing 1 client per month - The interface is perfect, everything is easy to find and well laid out - Easily create beautiful proposals and even contracts for your clients right in the app - Includes a desktop time tracking app (which is better than Toggl) - Great invoices, options to remind clients - The dashboard gives you everything you need to see in a clear, clean UI - Brought to you by the people who made Fiverr!

Cons

Seriously, this thing is perfect. I can't think of a single thing wrong with this product.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Timothy, thank you so much for taking the time to right this awesome review! We're so happy to hear that your loving AND CO so far and that we're able to offer you the tools you need to grow and manage your business, like contracts and proposals, time tracking and invoicing! If you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out to us in our in-app Support chat, your chief operators are here for you day and night and we have got your back!

Lucy from Lucy creates

AND CO is Awesome!

Cost effective - like it doesn't cost. This is hugely helpful when you're a freelancer and growing your little business.

Pros

Obviously it is free, which seems a bit unbelievable. I moved to And Co from Harvest and there were some initial work-about that I had to figure out to get a similar service but over the last 12 months the updates And Co have done have really improved functionality. The time tracking functionality has improved a lot and now works well. Love the proposal and contract being sent together. Love being able to see what's been viewed. Love the brand.

Cons

The proposal is basic which when you're a creative freelancer is a little limiting. However there's options to attach files so its not a biggie. It would be great if it integrated with the likes of Xero too.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Thanks so much Lucy for taking the time to write this wonderful review, we really appreciate it and we are so glad to know that you love the option of sending the proposal and contract together and being notified when a client views your invoice, contract or proposal. We would love the opportunity to hear your suggestions regarding enhancing the proposal feature and we will absolutely let the team know you would like to see more integrations. We would also be happy to show you how you can integrate with Zapier which allows you to connect AND CO with other apps as an option. As always, feel free to hit us up anytime via the in-app support chat as your chief operators are here for you day and night!! *Jodi

Cameron from Herz.Works

solopreneur/freelancer's dream come true

I manage my own marketing business. I do copy, strategy, and full on web design projects and that means I have a lot of different types of clients, rates, project fees, expenses and hours to keep track of. I use AND CO to protect myself as a freelancer, to keep my billing simple, and to keep track of all the quotes I've put out there! It's a dream.

Pros

Goodness. I love AND CO. I love that I can manage the administrative headache of projects from proposal to contract to invoicing so easily and seamlessly. Details I love - my income front and center (motivates me to keep making more), client related content in one place (all proposals, contracts, work products, tasks, notes, billing, time tracking and expenses), and the ease of creating, sharing and signing contracts that MAKE SENSE. First contracts off the shelf I've come across that are in plain English and protect both parties well.

Cons

The app doesn't always work as well as I'd like, web based features are always better! But this is such a minor problem.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Cameron, Thanks for the amazing review, we are super excited to hear that AND CO is a freelancers dream come true and as always we love chatting to you via our support chat tab in the app and hearing your suggestions and features request on how we can improve the app!! Thank you for you support and please hit us up anytime in the in-app support chat tab day and night your chief operators are standing by and have got your back always! *Jodi

Marcel from Green Flag Design

Perfect for freelancers

Great app and nice, sleek design. What I like most about It is how quickly it has gotten better. The app was great when I started, but it seems like new features are added or improved constantly. Interaction is super smooth and honestly pretty dope to use. Saved a lot of hours invoicing/expensing/generally getting my work organized on this thing. Definitely plan on continuing!

Pros

Probably the interaction. Also really enjoy the support provided in the app. The person I have is really quick in responding and helpful. Identified some tax deductibles I hadn't spotted!

Cons

Would like reconciliation to be a little smarter. Being able to use multiple currencies would be helpful for me since I travel a ton but don't know if that's a common use.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Marcel, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review and share your experience. We are so thrilled to hear that you like the sleek design and think the app is pretty dope! We are always working on improving the app especially our reconciliation process and you can absolutely use our multi currency feature, reach out to us anytime via the in-app support chat and we can show you how! Also, please do not hesitate to let us know any other specific features you were after as we would love to hear them!

Ihtsham from Website creation

Good software, but no development direction

Pros

Very handy and easy to use. online payments

Cons

Customer support never listen to you, they always come up with nice sentences & talks, but they have their own development line. And there is no board where we can ask for changes/or features.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2020

Hey Ihtsham, Thank you for your review and for taking the time. Jodi here, I hope you are well. We are happy to hear AND.CO is handy and easy to use for you. I am sorry to hear that you feel this way about our support team when it comes to feedback and developments. I can assure you we are here for you and we take your feedback right to the product team. Whenever we implement a new feature we make sure to let our users know and we are always working on enhancing AND.CO everyday. If I can help with anything feel free to reach me directly in the app anytime. Jodi*

Giuseppe from Practical Homeopathy Inc

The cheapest freelancer hour tracking software out there.

I have not had a single problem with And.co. I have yet had to contact their customer support, and their website is always up to date and i have not yet had any problems in my daily use.

Pros

I used to be on Upwork, but they took too much of a cut from my paycheck. I found out about And.co, and immediately switched. And.co is just as good, if not better, they allow you to break down your daily work in subcategories and give many more options than upwork did.

Cons

They only allow one contract now, before having to pay them on a subscription.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Giuseppe, Thanks for reaching out and giving our app a review!! We are so thrilled to hear that AND CO works for you and your business and we want to do everything we can to support you! We can absolutely show you how you can send a contract and make another client active with our free plan, simply reach out to us in the in-app support chat tab anytime day and night and we will let you know how you can achieve this!! We have got your back Giuseppe and please reach out to us anytime you have any questions or need anything at all!! We are just one message away!

Rick from Fascinating Monsters

By far the best invoicing app for small businesses and freelancers

I plan on using AND CO until we outgrow it. It's the easiest to use and most elegant solution for invoicing, proposals, expensive and time tracking that I've tried.

Pros

Despite my headline, this is more than an invoicing app: It's a central desk to keep track of projects, expenses, time spent, and more. It's a beautiful designed and easy to figure out as soon as you look at the options. I've already sent out several proposals, which are a snap to create and they look nice, invoiced several clients and gotten paid (ka ching) and set up a subscription. See below. There's a Chrome extension for time tracking, which is very nice and convenient. Unique to AND CO, I believe, you can set up recurring payments and/or subscriptions. This is idea for a small company like mine that sells WordPress sitecare contracts that come in via word of mouth or random e-mails rather than through the shop onsite. All of the above, and more, is free.

Cons

There's no obvious way to add payment processing. You have to set it up at the moment you send an invoice or set up a subscription. There's no visible setting in the leftside navigation to change or set up payment processing. Kinda weird but maybe they felt it was easier for onboarding? Proposal could and should be more detailed than the template provided by AND CO. Their template is more like a brief than anything detailed. You can annotate but that's about it. I wish there were a way to add users.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey there Rick, thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and this awesome review! We're so glad to hear that AND CO is a central place for you to keep track of projects,expenses, subscriptions, proposals and track time! We would love the opportunity to show you how to set up your payment options via the settings tab as well as customize your Proposals however I will bring up your suggestions in adding more details to the templates as well as team access to our product team for sure! Please reach out to us anytime and if you have any other suggestions or feedback or if you need anything at all your friendly Chief Operators are on the case! *Jodi

Just the app I needed!

AND CO was quite literally the solution to my problems - I'd been doing work as a freelance designer/one-man design studio for a few years, and had been tracking projects via Excel/Google Sheets and doing up invoices manually, which could be very time consuming. I was searching around for good invoicing and project tracking apps, and AND CO turned out to be the best out of all I tried (even the paid ones), and amazingly, its completely free. I can't thank the AND CO team enough for providing this service. And their customer support is always amazing and extremely pleasant to deal with. I'd recommend this app to all freelancers - it's a no-brainer!

Pros

Ease of invoicing, tracking projects, help with writing up solid contracts and proposals, sending them to clients easily and professionally. It just makes everything very seamless and easy to use, yet look professional at the same time.

Cons

Would like some additional features/options like not needing to send an invoice but still be able to track payments as some clients don't require invoices (I end up having to "send" an invoice to myself just to be able to track the payment), also more options for editing the layout and look of the invoices (currently my logo looks huge on the invoice received by my clients).

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey There, thank you so much for leaving this great review for us! We're so happy to hear that your loving AND CO's features such as invoicing, projects, contracts and proposals. Also, we have since introduced a feature where you can save invoices and mark them as sent and we would love to show you how to do this. We will also bring up a feature request with our team for more customization options! If you need anything at all, have any other suggestions we are more than happy to assist you anytime and you can reach us via the in-app support chat tab day and night. *Jodi

Fernando from 2dchaos

Imprescindible in managing my web business

It takes care of all my Invoicing and Project Management. I'm not a heavy user, but as I'm growing up in the business it's good to have a trusty solution that is light, beautiful and actively developed.

Pros

It's very easy to use if you just want to do some quick invoices and payment control, but it has a TON of more advanced features if you really want to dig deeper. The Costumer Support is amazing, with replies coming in a few minutes to a few hours and the CO's are eager to send the developers good suggestions that may arise. Plus, it's free.

Cons

Changes come without warning, a devlog or a beta channel would be welcome. Even using the software every day I find some new functionalities that I don't totally understand or find that some functionalities I was used to have been put to sleep. Overall the changes are for the good and the devs listen activelly, so it's not a great problem.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Fernando, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. We're so happy to hear you appreciate our updates and bug fixes, but you raise a good point that a change log would help to make those changes more understandable and welcome for you and for others. We will take that into consideration moving forward and will continue to launch new features based on user feedback! Have any other great ideas? Let us know via the in-app Support Chat!

Jason from Unlimited Exclusive Media

A Start to a Great Product

Pros

I love how easy everything is to use . It make my life a lot less complicated when the HR work of things isnt really my strong suite

Cons

Two things: I wish there was a way to further customize contracts. Its awesome for quick stuff, but for more compliated situations it would be valuable to be able to edit the template, or create your own add-on sections to close any loopholes Second that who put the app over the top for me, would be to add Proposals and contracts to the Mobile App, so if you on the move with a client you can quickly setup them up or modify the arrangement right there on the spot and get that signature via mobile to help close the deal faster

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey There Jason, Thank you very much for sharing your review, we are so thrilled to hear that AND CO makes your life a lot less complicated!! That is great news! The good news is that we have since added a brand new feature to customize contracts with our Pro plan and we would love the opportunity to show you more on how you can achieve this. Also, thank you for the suggestions to add proposals and contracts to our mobile apps I will bring this up with the team right away! If you ever need anything at all or have any other suggestions please reach out to us via the in-app support chat tab directly, your chief operators have got your back day and night! *Jodi

Cian from Glic Design

Perfect for Freelancers

Invoicing Client Management Project Management Accounting Tax Considerations Contracts Proposals All Taken Care of!

Pros

When I originally started my Freelancing journey, I didn't know where to begin in terms of managing my clients, projects, finances and invoicing. When I found And Co, I couldn't quite believe that something so comprehensively built for Freelancers existed! I love how I can link it to all sorts of other apps. The customer service is top class, it has every feature I could ever want and the price is very fair for something that allows me to run my business from anywhere in the world! Five Stars.

Cons

Nothing at all. The only issue was I originally thought it was free forever at first, but they eventually had to monetize such a good product.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Cian, Thank you so much for leaving this amazing 5 star review for us! We appreciate you taking the time. We are so thrilled to hear that our customer service is top notch, thanks so much and I know the whole team will be so proud! Its so great that you can use all of AND CO's features to run your business from anywhere in the world! We always love chatting to you Cian and as always please reach out to us directly anytime you need anything at all via the in-app support chat tab we have got your back day and night! *Jodi

Victoria from Self-employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

Seriously fantastic tool for freelancers

Time tracking, contracts, invoicing, project management

Pros

I can't say enough good things about AND CO, both the product and the company. It's extremely user friendly and has pretty much every tool a freelancer needs, and for free! I use the app daily to keep track of time, it's made creating contracts + invoicing a breeze, and it is visually attractive. Plus they support from the team is bar none. They sent me a handwritten note and welcome package when I first signed up, and any time I've contacted them, they respond within minutes. Bottom line, AND CO is a must have resource for freelancers. They continually strive to improve what's already a fantastic product, and it's truly an honor to use their services.

Cons

My only complaint so far is customizing invoices. I know there's supposedly a way, but it's not been super obvious to me how to accomplish that. I would like more freedom to arrange the layout of my invoices, as far as being able to put my address/contact info at the top instead of along the bottom. Small changes like that. But in the grand scheme of things, that's very mine.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Heyo Victoria, thank you so much for being a fan. We loved reading this review and we're so glad you took the time to share your thoughts with us! We especially liked reading about your experiences with contracts and invoicing and the impact we had on making your workflow more efficient. We hear you about the Invoice customization and we're happy to take a closer look at how to add this to a future release! We will keep you in the loop, and always feel free to reach out to us directly if you need anything at all.

Benjamin from Simple Digital, LLC

I'd Be Lost Without This Service

The title of this review may sound cliché, but it's absolutely the truth. I use AND CO for all of my project management & time tracking needs. It does invoicing, time tracking, client/contact management, project tracking, subscriptions, proposals, contracts, and income/expense tracking. You can hook up Stripe and/or PayPal and/or your bank account to accept payments as well. I suspect it’s free because they will eventually release a larger enterprise version (but that's just speculation), but again, it’s a pretty incredible application/service.

Pros

- Outstanding Customer Support*** - Time Tracking - Client Contact Management - Project Tracking/Management - Subscription Payments - Proposals & Contracts - Automated Income & Expense Tracking - Right now it’s 100% free

Cons

- Interface can be clunky and strays from the native web experience (e.g. comman+z doesn't undo) - NO automated invoicing or invoice templates

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Heyo Benjamin, it's always a pleasure to hear from you. We're so happy you took the time to leave this kind, informative review and share your thoughts about AND CO. We're so happy we were able to offer an experience that had such a positive impact on you and your business. We will keep you posted on requested features such as automated invoicing or invoice templates. Don't be a stranger! If you need anything else, you know where to find us.

Jason from Tincup Design

Jason's AndCo Review

Generally, this product is really good considering it's free. And the support is always prompt, friendly and usually has the right answers. Again, single invoices for multiple projects and hours is my only sticking point. I'd be willing to pay for that feature.

Pros

It's free, and despite that, it's pretty high-quality and feature-rich. Support is also really good.

Cons

As a freelancer, it's important to have the ability to consolidate billable hours and projects from a single client into one invoice. AndCo doesn't offer this feature and I've been asking for it since this app first came out, which is a little disappointing. I can't be the only one who needs this.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Heyo Jason, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this informative review. We appreciate you sharing with us your request for consolidating Projects and time for one client onto a single invoice. This is a feature we hope to launch in the future and will assuredly continue to keep you in the loop on its launch! If there is anything else at all that you need from us we'd be more than happy to oblige, so please always feel free to reach out to us directly in the Support Chat. We love hearing from you!

Jessica from Self (Freelance)

This app is a lifesaver!

AndCo has been great from the very start. I primarily use the browser version, but I also use the Android app. Both are easy to figure out and use on a daily basis. Customer service is top notch--quick to respond, professional, and helpful. The contract builder and invoicing features are MAJOR time savers for me. I recommend AndCo to all my freelancer/small business friends, and they all love it, too!

Pros

I love that it's FREE! Before starting my business, I thought the only options for record keeping software were expensive or clunky DIY options. Then I found AndCo, and not only is it easy to use, but it's free, too! I can't believe that something so useful and well designed is free, but I've been using it for about a year now, and they've never charged me a cent.

Cons

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey there Jessica, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review with us. It means a lot, and we appreciate you giving this insight into your experience with us. We're glad we were able to provide tools that had this impact and that worked for you! If you have any questions at all please let us know: we want to hear from you!

Divan from Artillery Design

Keeping Track

Great experience seamless integration with the mobile app.

Pros

AND CO offers a great solution for all your estimate, scope and costing requirements when it comes to admin work you can focus on what you do best while they take care of all the sending and reminding. It's a great platform where you can keep an eye on all your clients' projects, invoices and to add to the benefits you can request a monthly report on all income and expenditure. Another beneifit is that AND CO runs on a custom made mobile app.

Cons

Recurring monthly payment could be lower and the mobile app could feature fingerprint sign-in on your AND CO profile.

Response from AND CO

Replied August 2019

Hey there Divan, Thank you so much for leaving a review for us! It's awesome to hear that AND.CO is a great solution for proposals, projects, invoices and reports. We are also so pleased to hear that you love our mobile app. We can definitely consider mobile finger print sign on and I will pass this on to the team for sure. Please reach out to us directly anytime via the in-app support chat tab we have got your back day and night! *Jodi

More than freelance software -- Great for separation of business income and expenses

And.co makes my life much easier than the alternative of tracking business expenses on a spreadsheet online.

Pros

I like how And.co is the only freemium software out there for distinguishing expenses/income from personal accounts. This is extremely useful when you have 1099 income and expenses, but don't use a full-blown business bank account to handle those transactions.

Cons

Extremely buggy software, poor design. My opinion has always been that junior developers push out new releases but then break existing features. This has happened more than a few times. One example of poor design is that don't let you re-categorize skipped transactions.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2020

Thanks for the review. Its great to hear you like the AND.CO Free Plan and I would love to look into these issues you are experiencing if you can reach us directly via the in-app support chat with more details we will get onto it right away. Jodi*

Keeps my Business on Track

I was just starting out my business when I found AND CO and it has been a major contributor to my success. Thanks for creating an awesome FREE product!

Pros

I can keep my business running smoothly thanks to AND CO, they offer everything a sole proprietor needs. I'm able to setup all my clients & projects, send out professional looking contracts and proposals, track time to the projects (or just in general), bill clients in a timely fashion and keep track of my overall revenue. I even get a reminder if a bill hasn't been paid yet and I'm able to reach out to the client to make sure I'm getting paid! And their support staff is the best on top of all of that! Not sure what I would do without it!

Cons

I can't say that there's anything I dislike about AND CO. It really does a great job of covering all the bases.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey There , This is fantastic!! Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review and we are just so happy to know that AND CO helps keep your business on track! Its amazing to hear the great feedback regarding our customer support team!! Your chief operators have got your back and ready to assist day and night, please reach out to us anytime via the in-app support chat if you need anything at all *Jodi

Easy to use but missing some key features

And Co is an interesting take on invoicing and makes it very easy to keep on top of your finances. We used to use it before they downgraded all the free accounts.

Pros

And Co is very easy to set up and use and does cut down on the time it takes to send out invoices. It also has nice graphs that show how much you are earning.

Cons

There were some key features I felt it was missing and it doesn't integrate into other software the way that quickbooks does. Also the free package used to be a lot more useful but has since been seriously downgraded.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey There, Thank you very much for sharing you review and we are so glad to hear that AND CO is easy to use, easy to set up and that you like our invoicing and in app reporting features. Thats great news! I'd love to know more about which integrations you are after and help guide you with our Zapier integration which allows you to connect AND CO with many other apps and also help show you how to make things a bit easier on the free plan. On the free plan, everything is staying the same with what you are used to it's just adding that extra step of switching between active clients and I would love the opportunity to show you how you can achieve this. You can always reach out to us anytime right in the app via the support chat tab directly, your chief operators have got your back and ready to assist day and night! *Jodi

Rithvik from Open Hardware Days

Industry: Research

All in one software for Freelancers and Small Business

Quick invoicing and expenses are the best features by far with a very good and clean UI. I recommend this to all the freelancers and small business owners.

Pros

I just love the way app manages the invoices, expenses and tasks. This is a perfect app for invoicing and keeping track of your business expenses. Time tracking is an additional feature to keep track on how much you spend on your work. By the way all these amazing features are all free. The support is super active and have proper knowledge on how to guide a user and setup things.

Cons

Would like to see a full pledged mac os app, which on having only tasks and time tracking.

Response from AND CO

Replied May 2019

Hey Rithvik, Thank you very much for sharing your review, it means the world to us to hear that you love AND CO and all of our features as well as our customer support team!! Thanks for your suggestion for a full featured mac desktop app we will bring it up with the team right away! If you ever need anything at all please reach out to us via the in-app support chat tab directly, your chief operators have got your back day and night! *Jodi