Business-in-a-Box Software Reviews

FrontRunners 2020

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"This product is very easy to use and interface is user friendly."
  • icon"Easy to created templetes in the quickest formats. I feel that this is the best formatted templetes for our business."
  • icon"The mobile and PC version works with the same effectiveness. You can store your drafts in their system which is a great advantage."
  • icon"I did not have anything occur or distract me while working on several important project documents."
  • icon"Product key is missing and no response from customer support or sales team."
  • icon"Takes over word on installed PC which can sometimes be very annoying."

Have you used Business-in-a-Box and would like to share your experience with others?

All Business-in-a-Box Reviews

Tina

Wowza! This stuff is awesome.

I am run a virtual assisting and business advisory firm and I use Business in a Box multiple times a week for many different clients in a variety of industries> it has allowed me to better service my clients within their businesses.

Pros

When I purchased Business in a Box, I wasn't really sure what to expect but I needed a really well drafted agreement and Business in a Box had it. I felt that the purchase was worth the money and once I purchased it I was in heaven. I cannot believe all of the templates and forms and products that are available within this software. It's made my life so much easier in every way from writing business plans, to marketing, writing and establishing agreements, and so much more.

Cons

Once you create or use Business in a Box to create a file, you MUST always have a Business in a Box subscription to continue to use that file. You cannot simply save it and use it forever. You will always need to have that subscription current. But in the end it is worth it. It's a simple cost of doing business.

Response from Biztree

Hello Tina, Thank you very much for this review. We are happy to know that you are enjoying the variety of forms and documents that the Business-in-a-Box library includes. As for the comment you included in the Cons section, please contact us either over the phone at the toll free number 1 866 383 4100 or via email at support@biztree.com. We will be happy to assist you to make the best use of your templates. Kindest regards, Your Biztree Team

Franco

Industry: Executive Office

August 2022

unfair practice and subscription

Contracts in BIAB seem decent as references but the Company clearly lacks integrity and a customer care focus

Pros

was innovative at the beginning in 2011 and seemed promising. Now I just feel cheated. See my review for more

Cons

In the early days of Business in a Box ( 2011) I purchased a LIFE TIME membership for which I paid upfront for use of the platform. Hence as it was a life-time subscription , I naturally assumed that all future versions and evolutions of the product would be accessible to me. Sounds normal and obvious, right? Well surprise surprise...here is what I received as response from them after a couple of years of not having used it > " the "Lifetime" referred to the life of the software, The software reached end of life in 2020. You can still use the software that was purchased back in 2011 and you will have support for the software. But in regards to the cloud version that we have we cannot offer it to you for free but however I can offer you a discounted price if you wish to have access to the cloud version. We can offer you the cloud version at $119.88 per year, if that interests you please let us know". It seems that the company is now cheating us original Lifetime members , the same members who likely helped them on the road to success, out of our deal by making the TECHNOLOGY used to deliver the product they sold us, and NOT the product itself, a way for them to get out of their obligation. Totally unfair. I wonder if BIAB has a contract sample for how to cheat consumers out of a life time membership. I'd be curious to see their early stage investor decks and how they used growth in LT memberships to secure investor funding.

Alba

September 2022

Excellent Software easy to use

Very good experience. I love it!

Pros

Business plans and contracts are easy to adapt with my clients needs. Very good examples!

Cons

It needs more library in Spanish specifically for its business plans

Benson

Industry: Facilities Services

March 2022

Business-in-a-box review by Mosotech Engineering Ltd

At Mosotech Engineering Limited, it has been an excellent business tool for us that has helped us work effectively in managing administrative documentation requirements. It gave us more time to work on more technically complex work. The templates also gave us the baseline of being able to do documentation that we would have outsourced. Casing examples are the Legal Contracts documents. It is easier for our engineers to draft the contract agreements and sent drafts to the legal personnel for legal sanitation. Cuts down the process and time in half. We get our administrative documentation done effectively with the Business-in-a-box documents.

Pros

Business-in-a-box documents are relevant to current best business practices and have helped our employees work more effectively. In a technically oriented business like ours, documentations are administrative issues that kill time for more critical technical, engineering, and project management work. Business-in-a-box documents solved this problem for us.

Cons

Business-in-a-box capture almost all best-business-practice documents. However, for highly technical businesses like ours, I would like to see more technically oriented documents in project management.

Reasons for choosing Business-in-a-Box

Business-in-a-box has been the first online document templates we've purchased in 2018 and we have loved usefulness in our business for the last 4 years since we started business in 2008.

Danley

Business in a Box

I used it primarily for business plans.

Pros

I have using various versions of Business in a Box for many years. It’s an excellent template for preparing business plans. It guides you nicely through the process with its use of tables, graphs and charts. It saves time and money.

Cons

It may seem a little cumbersome for some users who may lack accounting fundamentals.

Response from Biztree

Hello Danley, We are happy to know that that Business-in-a-Box assisted you to create Business Plans. As for your comment about accounting fundamentals, you may want to take a look at a unique tool that we are recommending to all our clients now. https://www.biztree.com/budgeto/ Budgeto is an online application that makes it quick and easy to build a complete financial plan, including: - Profit & Loss Statement Forecast - Balance Sheet Forecast - Cash Flow Forecast Budgeto allows you to make multiple scenarios, collaborate with your accountant, share to investors and export to PDF or Excel. Learn More & Start Your 30-Day Free Trial: https://www.biztree.com/budgeto/ To your business success! Your Biztree Team

Replied January 2019

Shanice

Just Amazing!

Using business in a box has allowed me to work more efficiently in my turn around time in creating contracts or documents. It saved me a lot on time management and of course making me look super professional to our clients. Although the price may scare away some I'd say it worth it. It's a one-time investment for those who write lots of documents. Thank you guys for the amazing product!

Pros

I love that I can find just about if not every type of document I can think of (in different versions as well). Everything is so easy to modify. Customer service is on point!! I did not even realize when my email was replied to (usually you wait so long to hear back I almost forgot about it) Although I may not need it right now they're different languages.

Cons

Don't have any at the moment. If there's an issue it's super minor

Response from Biztree

Hello Shanice, We are so happy to know that Business-in-a-Box is serving its purpose for you! :-) Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any question. Your Biztree Team

Replied February 2019

Business-in-a-Box Review

I use it for my company departmets

Pros

Everything It has all documents I need to run my companies

Cons

Nothing. I like everything all document a are well written

Ella D

December 2021

Absolutely amazing app

Business in a box overall is the best business management tool I've ever had the pleasure to work with. I absolutely love Business in a box.

Pros

I can honestly say that Business in a box is one of the best applications I've ever had the pleasure to work with and it has been a great asset to our company and in being able to keep track of finances, employees, Clients and Documents.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints about the application or the software, It hasn't been giving me any reason to dislike the software at all.

Reasons for choosing Business-in-a-Box

Business in a box was the best business management application by far.

Yuri

Business in Box for small business

Overall, business in Box helped to reduce our fees for accountants and lawyers who got paid per hour. But they can do much better.

Pros

The mobile and PC version works with the same effectiveness. You can store your drafts in their system which is a great advantage. Sharing materials and documents is easy. Synchronization with your PC is another great feature.

Cons

Weirdly it gives access for editing to the non-users. Licensing fees are quite high. Large files like audio or video are downloaded slowly.

Reasons for choosing Business-in-a-Box

Better customer support, overall quality, and pricing according to these 2 points led me to choose business in a box.

Owen

Exceptional Product, Huge array of Documents, simple to use.

I have solved many Accountancy and Legal issues with this product. It does all the name suggests. It should be "ALL-Businesses-in-a-box" !

Pros

Almost any form of Contract and related documents readily available, and easily filled in and customisable. This is like having every professions library on your computer, just dip in and out as you require! Customer Service, WOW is all I can say. I have only good things to say here, Never had a problem, and they really do care. Simple and honest, one of the few products that just keeps giving.

Cons

I really cannot with good consience say that there are Cons. Sure you can never please all people at all times, but this product really goes for it!!

Response from Biztree

Hello Owen, Thank you so much for this nice review! We are very happy to know that Business-in-a-Box is serving its purpose for you. Happy Holidays! Your Biztree Team

"Out of the Box" convenience

I use them regularly (and update regularly) for simple terms of transactions documents.

Pros

You can find a business document to use that is reliable and comprehensive. The included document categories are exhaustive , and most can be used 'out of the box.' Value for money spent is really excellent. For business people with limited writing skills, you can find almost anything you need in the everyday course of transactions. Interface large but intuitive.

Cons

Don't rely on legal documents without a legal review by someone qualified for your business category and state.

Response from Biztree

Hello, Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to know that the Business-in-a-Box software is serving its purpose for you. As for the comment that you included in the Cons section, you are absolutely right. We always recommend our users to have their important contracts reviewed by a lawyer or a legal service before signing them. Naturally, the lawyer does not charge the same price for reviewing a document than he would for writing it from scratch. Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any question. Your Biztree Team

Babatunde

Gem in a Box

Writing of proposals and contracts.

Pros

Everything about contained in the package with continuous development to make better. Ease of use and great value for money. Used it for a few years now.

Cons

Takes over word on installed PC which can sometimes be very annoying.

Response from Biztree

Dear Babatunde, Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to know that the Business-in-a-Box software is serving its purpose for you. As for the issue that you mention in the Cons section, I believe that you are referring to the Business-in-a-Box toolbar. We recently added this toolbar to allow our users to use our templates directly from Word or Excel. Please note that there are 2 ways you can disable the toolbar in Office: From Business-in-a-Box: Click on SETTINGS/Office Templates Toolbar. Select Disabled, then click on the yellow Save button. You will need to restart Office then the toolbars will be gone. If you do not see this option, you need to use the next method. From Word or Excel: In order to disable the add-in, go to FILE/Options/Add-Ins, select "COM-Add-ins" from "Manage" combo-box, click "Go", un-check "Business-in-a-Box Office Toolbar", click OK. Certainly, do not hesitate to contact us should you need any further assistance. Biztree Team

Cedric

Industry: Wholesale

Awesome Product

Just having the proper forms available and just having the ease of just filling in key information that is relevant to you. When compared to other similar products this ranks #1 in my opinion.

Pros

The software is a complete business tool with all the necessary forms needed for running a successful business. The customer service is also excellent, Anytime something was not working properly the customer service team was right on top of it and made sure I continued to have a pleasurable experience using the product.

Cons

So far none at this time, as I fine this to be a great product and would highly recommend.

Response from Biztree

Hello Cedric, Thank you so much for this review! We are so happy to hear that Business-in-a-Box is making your work life easier. Certainly, do not hesitate to contact us should you have any question. Your Biztree Team

Replied January 2019

Vivien

Great Product & Support

Pros

Wide selection of documents that can be used in business, e.g. agreements, resolutions etc. When we first used their template for agreements, we still passed to our lawyer to review before adopting and they also said the quality of the agreement is good.

Cons

Unable to check and change status of installed license, so whenever we have changed the computer and have forgotten to uninstall the software, we have to seek help from customer service. Fortunately, their customer support is efficient and very helpful.

Response from Biztree

Hello Vivien, Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to know that you appreciate the variety of the documents and that you feel confident about using our legal templates. Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any question. Your Biztree Team

Thomas