• Pros

• "The software is very user-friendly and the ability to customize any document is very important for our business. We have many options that fit our company's specific needs."

• "It's easy to use, and easy to share. I can churn out contracts in minutes and share the link within other onboarding emails."

• "So easy and made for human beings who want to do business faster and not get lost in annoying legalese."

• Cons

• "I have not experienced anything negative so far; my expectations have been met and exceeded in many aspects."

• "It was more my fault that I didn't schedule a demo to go through the flow of the platform. Once I had a demo, my knowledge of the flow process was greatly improved"

• "I'd like to see the finished doc hashed to a blockchain for later reference."

Browse Outlaw Reviews

Steve from Oxalis

Incredibly user-friendly and affordable service that simplified our legal paperwork.

The software saved us a lot of money, and created a simple legal contract process that was much easier for our investors to sign. Our conversion on bringing investors was much, much better with this software which simplified the process. Our lawyers also enjoyed using the software as well given the digital distribution of the contracts that saved on their administrative functions.

Pros

There were two things that we particularly loved about Outlaw: their intuitive contract creation process as well as the Overview function that allowed us to cut through the dense legal contracts. Given their accessible pricing model, it was a no brainer for us and it's saved us tens of thousands of dollars in the first six months of use.

Cons

We have had some users have issues accessing their contracts due to confusion between personal and work email accounts.

Response from Outlaw

Replied May 2018

We're so glad you enjoy Outlaw, Steve! Thanks for writing in!

Nicholas from ProsRent.com

Outlaw - Contracts A La Carte

Delightful. The Owners are wonderful to work with, and very responsive. I always had an answer regarding an inquiry i made withing a half hour, and the outlaw team was always available to schedule a call. I foresee us using this product for a long time to come.

Pros

I think the best feature regarding this software is usability. Although I rated this category a little lower, it doesn't have much to do with the overall experience, as much as it has to do with bugs/code implementations being updated. My biggest issue in the beginning was selecting "this is me" box and being unable to sign the contract due to conflicting data entry points. This caused a work around to have to be utilized, which I'm sure has been rectified now.

Cons

Compared to Docusign, Outlaw is trailing a little regarding features. I think if Outlaw implemented PDF editor / Viewer (As Adobe provides but for a ridiculous cost) it would embolden the value of the software as a whole. Of course, every feature is not needed, but some of them would go a long way. Also, There a a bunch of Lawyer Tech companies out there. I think Outlaw should partner up and offer its clients services based on document procurement.

Megan from Democracy International

Industry: International Affairs

Democracy International -- Outlaw Experience

Pros

The layout is organized simply and logically, making it user-friendly and straight-forward to use. Having the contracts sorted by the step they are at is helpful, especially as you do more and more contracts and you have to keep track of where they are in the process. Within the contract, having the ability to scroll through what data is missing rather than read through the entire things saves a lot of time.

Cons

There are still a few bugs that need to be worked out -- some of the consultants we are sending contracts to have had trouble accessing the contract, and it won't allow me to send the link again. They also don't always move over to the next category (for example, a contract that is signed will be stuck in the 'review' stage), but it always moves eventually and the Outlaw support staff has been great. I do wish they would add a notification for when a contract has passed a checkpoint.

Response from Outlaw

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the helpful feedback, Megan! Glad to hear you're finding Outlaw intuitive, and it's making your contract process more efficient. We're aware of the issues you mentioned and have been actively working to solve them. Excited to announce that we recently rolled out a feature "public links" which may help to smooth out those access issues; you can read about it in this article (link provided below), and we'd also be happy to live demo it for you. Also let us know whenever your contract gets stuck. It seems like isolated incidents, so it helps for our team to track when that happens in order to debug. We're big believers that our clients are key to improving the platform, so we're adding checkpoint email notifications to our roadmap! Hope to roll it out soon! (Read more about public links: http://help.getoutlaw.com/en/articles/3519147-share-contract-via-public-link)

mario from Food and Beverages

Cool Contract apps

you have a specific process in your existing contract flow that your company needs to keep, I recommend talking it through with the Outlaw team to come up with a win-win solution. We needed certain contract variables sieved into an external database, and the team was able to customize an integration for us for a fee. It won’t be a negligible sum, depending on the level of integration required, )as are any custom integration fees), but will be extremely worth the price. Throughout the process, the development and customer success team were able to give us constant updates and were excellent in assuring us a fantastic delivery.

Pros

The best part about Outlaw is definitely the ability to customize all our contract templates dynamically. I have never seen a contract management product with such an advanced tool for template creation. We were able to put in place section references, set conditional sections, input default variable values, and even include what the platform calls “secret variables” to encrypt sensitive contract information. We have received positive feedback from our recipients about how clean and sleek our contracts look, as compared to Word/ PDF versions we were previously working with.

Cons

I have no complaints so far. The team has been able to address most, if not all our needs in the period we have worked with them, even throughout the decision process when we were comparing between different solutions.

Jon from Ideal Privileges dba Eddy

Knocking it Out of the Park

The ability for our company to send relative documents over a platform is important. Outlaw have given us that platform. The customer success team is amazing and the overall quality of the product is great.

Jacquelyn from Oohjacquelina Design

Super modern platform that is really user friendly and therefor easier to make agreements w clients

Overall, my experience with Outlaw has been positive, and has helped streamline my company's contractual process. The customer service provided is unmatched and I will continue to grow my company and work with Outlaw, no doubt.

Pros

I really liked the customer service Outlaw offered and continues to offer my company when different situations and different needs for contractual agreements arise. It is a super modern platform that is really user friendly and therefor easier to close deals/make agreements with my clients.

Cons

There is nothing that I didn't like, persay, but is more that since it is new to the market, there was initial fear of the unknown. I was unsure at first, but now so glad I took the leap for my company and moved away from docusign and to something better like Outlaw.

Jack from Productive Ventures

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Collaborative Document Management and Signing System

Mainly using Outlaw for contract generation based on customized templates. It has worked out great and started looking to use the system for collaborative document revisions. There are a lot of features we have yet to explore.

Pros

Easy to use, cost effective, reliable. From one template, I can create 5-7 different types of contracts that are customized to the deal. AND within seconds. Great customer support and onboarding training. It is for more than contract documents. I can use it for various types of documents that require edits and reviews within a team and the final approved documents signed and archived.

Rachel from Wenham Carter Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Excellent software for creating contracts

Great experience, great customer support, would recommend.

Pros

Easy to set up templates, great customer support, easy to use to generate contracts and negotiate back and forth with Clients pre-signing.

Cons

The template loading time is a bit too slow at the moment, but they have advised they are working on speeding this up.

Response from Outlaw

Replied December 2019

Thanks for writing in, Rachel! Great to hear the platform has been easy to use. Apologies for the hassle on the slow load time. As you've said, we're on top of resolving the issue and were able to locate the error to a specific template of yours. We really appreciate your patience and feedback as we get this fixed asap!

Faster, easier, and the way it should be done

Speed and efficiency of contract execution is great, and it also ensures fewer mistakes or errors.

Pros

Outlaw makes contract creation, sending, and execution super simple. Frequently used templates are there to quickly select from, without ever having to worry "is this the latest version?" No more going back and forth with redlines or asking for a Word version of a PDF to mark up, and no more importing signatures or scanning contracts back.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning that I have encountered yet. It would be nice if one day template uploading was more automated.

Nora from Adwanted.com

Love this product

Pros

Cons

It was a little difficult to get the hang of at first, but the customer service was so great, I picked it up quickly.

Response from Outlaw

Replied November 2019

Glad to hear that you're drafting out contracts in minutes! We're always on hand if you need more clarity around any features. Thanks for your feedback and happy contracting!

Anna from Anna Sayer

An Intuitive, Straightforward and Equalizing Platform

The numerous benefits of using Outlaw have been valuable and vast. Having an open and equal line of communication with clients throughout the negotiation process has been a unique and welcome experience, and the simple and intuitive interface has simplified the process for both parties – saving me time and money.

Pros

The ease of use for myself and my clients. Both parties have equal access to edit, review and approve contracts throughout the agreement process. Outlaw ensures transparency, and gives me confidence that we're simultaneously addressing our individual and collective needs.

Cons

I can't speak negatively of this software - or my experience with the team behind it. I've had nothing but positive and productive interactions with both. From the incredibly dedicated, thoughtful and patient customer service, to the overall cost and time effectiveness this software has brought to my business, I can only advocate for its benefits.

Jimbo from Self-employed

Industry: Animation

Great collaboration tool

If you're a company that regularly uses contractors and freelancers, be a hero and get Outlaw. There's a certain tediousness when dealing with contracts especially when you're not near a printer or are on the same server. And the tracked changes helps establish trust right away.

Pros

I'm a contractor that regularly receives contracts and invoices from a company that uses Outlaw. As a one person team, being able to redline in real-time, see tracked changes, and esign all within a browser has saved me from so many headaches. The Overview summary section is also a nice touch especially when I don't have a legal team to interpret.

Cons

The first time for sign-in I wish the guest login button was just a tad more prominent. On the receiving side, there isn't much to dislike about it. It's a very intuitive product.

Ryan from Codal

Pretty Slick! Very Nice!

Anytime I had a question, our rep was able to answer it for me or jump on a call to walk it out with me. When we made a suggestion for a feature - it eventually was actually made!

Pros

Real time changes, digital versus sending a PDF, and now I don't have to bother my very busy boss to create a contract, now he can just approve the one I created.

Cons

It is difficult for other members of the team to sometimes see the contracts I have created. It is probably user error but I follow the same steps and sometimes it works, other times it does not.

Response from Outlaw

Replied December 2019

Thanks for writing in, Ryan! We love hearing client's feedback and then turning it into code. Keep those features suggestions coming! And let us know if you want to hop on a quick call to figure out what might be happening with viewing the contracts. We can clarify and resolve the steps your teammates may or may not be taking.

Gina from Minor Vices

Great user experience, saves me time and money, makes me look good

Pros

Outlaw has streamlined my process for everything from contracts with consultants to onboarding and NDAs.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about the product. They are a startup, but this is an advantage in that they are super responsive and constantly improving the experience.

Nathan from Macroscape

Close your clients quickly.

I send out lots of NDAs, contracts for employees and contractors. It's been easy for me to work with clients and contractors with all the terms laid out in plain English, not legalese.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to edit and redline your own contracts. I've been sending this out to lots of people and everyone enjoys easily working with the software and understanding the terms of their agreements.

Cons

I'd like to see the finished doc hashed to a blockchain for later reference.

Saved so much time!

Being able to handle the back and forth of redlining and then the signature all in one tool is incredible. The ease of use can't be beat!

Pros

Outlaw eliminates the headache of dealing with the back and forth on email to redline. The tool is extremely easy to use and at the end of the day, anything that saves me time is a winner!

Cons

It's not the cheapest option out there, but you get what you pay for!

Gus from Forus Media Group, LLC

I'm loving it!!

Pros

It's smooth, user-friendly and straightforward. the customer service agent, whom I think was one of the founders was so nice and helpful!

Cons

nothing that I can think of at the moment. it's a startup and they'll have growing pains for the foreseeable future but they're doing a great job.

Saves you time and money!

Pros

Cons

Don't have much to say here. We've used other document signing systems and I can see Outlaw taking over - because it's not just about software, but about the human experience.