• Pros

• "Easy to use and program, extremely helpful team got us setup!"

• "- Easy to get in contact with support and they're always very helpful - Can send out standard contracts in links making is faster/easier to share"

• "The template feature - this is an overall fantastic feature that really improves how quickly I can spit out contracts The ease of search Uploading into a template Direct sharing "

• Cons

• "Overall it is great, though the sharing functionality can sometimes be confusing for counterparties who don't have any experience using the software."

• "I have not experienced anything negative so far; my expectations have been met and exceeded in many aspects."

• "It was more my fault that I didn't schedule a demo to go through the flow of the platform. Once I had a demo, my knowledge of the flow process was greatly improved"

Browse Outlaw Reviews

Steve from Oxalis

Incredibly user-friendly and affordable service that simplified our legal paperwork.

The software saved us a lot of money, and created a simple legal contract process that was much easier for our investors to sign. Our conversion on bringing investors was much, much better with this software which simplified the process. Our lawyers also enjoyed using the software as well given the digital distribution of the contracts that saved on their administrative functions.

Pros

There were two things that we particularly loved about Outlaw: their intuitive contract creation process as well as the Overview function that allowed us to cut through the dense legal contracts. Given their accessible pricing model, it was a no brainer for us and it's saved us tens of thousands of dollars in the first six months of use.

Cons

We have had some users have issues accessing their contracts due to confusion between personal and work email accounts.

Response from Outlaw

Replied May 2018

We're so glad you enjoy Outlaw, Steve! Thanks for writing in!

Joe from vsource

Good start and looking forward to what's ahead

My overall experience has been good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Customer Success) was very helpful in getting our templates set up and always very friendly. On the Sales call, I was told that there was a native integration with Hubspot, which turned out not to be true, so what I could do with my previous solution isn't an option, although there were a lot of challenges with that native integration working, so it's not all that different for me in the end. Once everything is set up, it's pretty user-friendly.

Pros

I was really excited about Outlaw because my previous contract software was not all that friendly for us - didn't allow in-platform redlining/commenting for the client, didn't allow Word exporting, and didn't have the search functions, all of which Outlaw addressed. They also have the ability to import agreements to centralize storage and I'm excited about being able to eventually e-sign imported documents there as well, although it's not available at the time of this review.

Cons

No native integration with Hubspot and limited functionality through Zapier. Depending on how you use it, there may still be a need for manual data entry/creating documents from scratch. Building agreements with logic/variables was a little trickier than I expected, but Customer Success has been helpful there.

Reasons for Choosing Outlaw

Hubspot is still our CRM, but the proposal and signing feature is not very useful for the way we do business and doesn't offer much customization. We still have one DocuSign seat and use it for e-signing when a client requests it, but we needed something that made it easier to create contracts, not just get them executed.

Reasons for Switching to Outlaw

Proposify raised our rates by 300%+ from what we had (during the pandemic) when our contract ended with no flexibility, functionality was already limited, and the integration was only working correctly about 25% of the time. Customer Service was also not really responsive.

Response from Outlaw

Replied September 2020

Hi Joe, thanks for submitting a review on Outlaw! We just released eSigning on imported PDF documents. Do check out this help article - http://help.getoutlaw.com/en/articles/4360434-pdf-e-signing or reach out to us directly to learn more about this new feature.

Tess from Beyond Pricing

Gets the job done

Overall it's been a good switch for our company as we send many contracts. The platform is fairly user friendly from the setup side. The signer experience can often be confusing but its a make or break. For the price it's a good product and more tech forward than other contract software.

Pros

The easy to use variables make switching terms in a contract very easy. Overall better than what we were using before, Adobe Sign. The search and filtering features also make it easy to find past contracts. The price is a good value compared to other contract services. The customer service team is great - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always willing to lend a helping hand and it's clear she care about her customers overall experience.

Cons

Sharing is always problematic as signers often try to access from different email addresses and its not clear when a contract has been shared or needs to be shared. The Salesforce integration is also lacking as the push of information in can often be slower than wanted and is currently all build custom.

David from Protegis Fire and Safety

Industry: Public Safety

Outlaw

This makes the approval part of quote very fast by removing the fact of sending quotes via email. The document is live and approval is instant.

Pros

This product makes the approval process for a customer quick and easy, as long as they do not have trouble logging in Outlaw as a quest or setting up a profile.

Cons

There are multiple points of data entry. This could allow room for error.

Emily from Glic Health

Good product that could be great.

From our initial call to our implementation has had its ups and downs but that is to be expected with any new product software learning curve. The sales and customer support personel have been great to work with so far.

Pros

All encompassing platform where you can construct everyday templates with custom field markers for easy contract distribution.

Cons

There are a couple of features missing that are crucial. Address book for repeat contract users. The other one would be a simple pdf drop - add signature spots and send.

Reasons for Choosing Outlaw

It was the easiest platform to understand and use, cost savings and again the central hub.

Reasons for Switching to Outlaw

We needed a central contract hub that would let us do more than just execute contracts.

Response from Outlaw

Replied December 2020

Thanks for taking the time to write in, Emily. We're happy that you find Outlaw easy to use and are having success with our customizable templates. We value our client's feedback and look forward to continuing to develop and evolve the product in line with your desired features!

Jonathan from Wenham Carter

Cloud legal drafting and signature platform that just works

Contract version Management, contract contract control, esigning, template based drafting. We use the product so that non legal end users can draft contracts without legal input. The legal experts drafts the contract securely. Its excellent at this - and has enabled to free up legal time internally and reduce external legal spend. Furthermore we've been able to streamline other aspects of our business including on boarding (HR contracts and offer letters) and we use the platform for ad hoc formal letters and contracts.

Pros

Laser focus on the aspects of the product matters - drafting, variables and sharing. Rapid development and responsive support team. The product support is 100% fantastic - issues are fixed very fast, new features are rolled out and general day to day support is high quality.

Cons

Sharing for signature is not as open as Docusign (although this is for good reason - but is slightly inconvenient for our use case). We like to share contracts with clients and partners, and we are generally not so concerned over who signs - Outlaw has a secure workflow where only particular external users sign the contract. We would prefer to share more widely. Document management has improved massively, its not quite at the point where I wouldn't save documents elsewhere - but this coming

Reasons for Choosing Outlaw

Outlaw did everything we wanted with no bloat - we weren't paying for features we didn't want.

Evan from Democracy International

Industry: International Trade and Development

The Best Value in Contract Management Systems

Outlaw is easy to learn, provides a solid set of tools and features, looks great, and has streamlined our contracts process. The customer service is the best I've seen!

Pros

The templates and template editor are great and keep us all on the same page. The generating a new contract from a template is easy. The looks and feel of the interface is intuitive and modern. In the year since we adopted Outlaw, they have added several new features like batch contract generation, support for third-party paper, etc. that have been very helpful, and the very active development is great to see. They also squash bugs very quickly!

Reasons for Choosing Outlaw

It was a way better value for money, especially for a small-to-medium sized business, and the overall sales experience was much better with Outlaw. Both Ironclad and SpringCM made it more difficult to understand their product. And there were very few features the others offered that Outlaw didn't.

Robin from IMPACT Community Action

Best Product - Best Value

Outlaw has reduced the amount of time required to create documents, and get input from team members. I found that I really struggled at first because I did not spend the time needed to learn the product. Once I spent adequate time in the software, I understood that a lot of my issues were due to not spending enough time in the product. It is a good product. I mostly use Outlaw to create documents, then download to Adobe to comments and signature for all third-party, and contract attachments. These must all be filed together, and often I have to insert external pages or other documents.

Pros

It is very easy to create and, edit and share documents. Software support is excellent The ability to track comments and other activity is great Obtaining signatures for contracts created with templates is very easy Creating Templates is super easy

Cons

Lack of ability to upload and attach documents (not images) Ridigid editing ability No third-party ability to share, comment, etc, as is with the templates No ability for the originator to edit or change redline items until someone else approves the changes Does not include a productivitiy workflow Regardless of the type of document, everything is labled contract, so there is no way to actually sort agreements, vendor documents, etc. Capacity for files or folders. The product does not perform like the examples given on the website

Reasons for Choosing Outlaw

The salesperson did an excellent job. Unfortunately, the product is not capable of doing all that was represented. Excellent value for the price. It is a growing product, and we want to grow with it.

Response from Outlaw

Replied September 2020

Hi Robin, thanks for writing in! Happy to let you know we've released third-party ability that enables you to eSign, store, and record key data and progress surrounding third party contracts on Outlaw. This means for example, that you can upload a third party document onto Outlaw, add a signature, send it back to the counterparty, then upload the fully executed contract to the same deal on Outlaw and mark is as Done, with all versions tracked. Happy to set up time with customer success to walk you through this new feature as well.

Jacquelyn from Oohjacquelina Design

Super modern platform that is really user friendly and therefor easier to make agreements w clients

Overall, my experience with Outlaw has been positive, and has helped streamline my company's contractual process. The customer service provided is unmatched and I will continue to grow my company and work with Outlaw, no doubt.

Pros

I really liked the customer service Outlaw offered and continues to offer my company when different situations and different needs for contractual agreements arise. It is a super modern platform that is really user friendly and therefor easier to close deals/make agreements with my clients.

Cons

There is nothing that I didn't like, persay, but is more that since it is new to the market, there was initial fear of the unknown. I was unsure at first, but now so glad I took the leap for my company and moved away from docusign and to something better like Outlaw.

Lura from Democracy International, Inc.

Industry: International Trade and Development

User Review

The product is highly customizable to address your organizational needs. I especially benefit from their templates, which ensure that I write a document efficiently and accurately. I highly recommend Outlaw!

Pros

This software is very easy to use! If you ever get stuck, the Outlaw team is incredibly quick to respond, troubleshoot, and help you find a solution. They will even help you implement the solution if need be.

Cons

I don't currently have a least favorite aspect. If I ever get stuck, I know that I can easily reach out to the Outlaw team for assistance. Occasionally, people get locked out of their documents during signing if they try to login using two different platforms; however, this is easily fixed by "resharing" the document.

Nicholas from ProsRent.com

Outlaw - Contracts A La Carte

Delightful. The Owners are wonderful to work with, and very responsive. I always had an answer regarding an inquiry i made withing a half hour, and the outlaw team was always available to schedule a call. I foresee us using this product for a long time to come.

Pros

I think the best feature regarding this software is usability. Although I rated this category a little lower, it doesn't have much to do with the overall experience, as much as it has to do with bugs/code implementations being updated. My biggest issue in the beginning was selecting "this is me" box and being unable to sign the contract due to conflicting data entry points. This caused a work around to have to be utilized, which I'm sure has been rectified now.

Cons

Compared to Docusign, Outlaw is trailing a little regarding features. I think if Outlaw implemented PDF editor / Viewer (As Adobe provides but for a ridiculous cost) it would embolden the value of the software as a whole. Of course, every feature is not needed, but some of them would go a long way. Also, There a a bunch of Lawyer Tech companies out there. I think Outlaw should partner up and offer its clients services based on document procurement.

Juan from theSkimm

Overall Strong product for contract management

I really like outlaw, I use it daily, and I'm able to quickly either upload contracts or create / edit current templates to spit them out quickly.

Pros

Cons

Tagging + organizing of contracts could be a lot better sharing process (externally) Redlining by mistake and then not being able to approve / undo easily (if you're the owner)

Reasons for Choosing Outlaw

Price + template functionality was smoother + overall workflow seemed easier

Megan from Democracy International

Industry: International Affairs

Democracy International -- Outlaw Experience

Pros

The layout is organized simply and logically, making it user-friendly and straight-forward to use. Having the contracts sorted by the step they are at is helpful, especially as you do more and more contracts and you have to keep track of where they are in the process. Within the contract, having the ability to scroll through what data is missing rather than read through the entire things saves a lot of time.

Cons

There are still a few bugs that need to be worked out -- some of the consultants we are sending contracts to have had trouble accessing the contract, and it won't allow me to send the link again. They also don't always move over to the next category (for example, a contract that is signed will be stuck in the 'review' stage), but it always moves eventually and the Outlaw support staff has been great. I do wish they would add a notification for when a contract has passed a checkpoint.

Response from Outlaw

Replied November 2019

Thanks for the helpful feedback, Megan! Glad to hear you're finding Outlaw intuitive, and it's making your contract process more efficient. We're aware of the issues you mentioned and have been actively working to solve them. Excited to announce that we recently rolled out a feature "public links" which may help to smooth out those access issues; you can read about it in this article (link provided below), and we'd also be happy to live demo it for you. Also let us know whenever your contract gets stuck. It seems like isolated incidents, so it helps for our team to track when that happens in order to debug. We're big believers that our clients are key to improving the platform, so we're adding checkpoint email notifications to our roadmap! Hope to roll it out soon! (Read more about public links: http://help.getoutlaw.com/en/articles/3519147-share-contract-via-public-link)

neil from driftwood day camp

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Solid service for less than anything else I could find

Great experience from start to finish. We did have feedback from some staff that they thought the contract they received was SPAM as Outlaw is not the most inviting name. They deleted and we had to resend. Would like the ability to send from our own company name

Pros

Easy to use and program, extremely helpful team got us setup!

Cons

Flexibility of some features. Its still a relatively new software and company so i know they are still expanding a lot. Would still like emails to come from the company name not Outlaw

Reasons for Choosing Outlaw

great initial conversation and was told they would develop ways to make the program work for our needs. They did this !

mario from Food and Beverages

Cool Contract apps

you have a specific process in your existing contract flow that your company needs to keep, I recommend talking it through with the Outlaw team to come up with a win-win solution. We needed certain contract variables sieved into an external database, and the team was able to customize an integration for us for a fee. It won’t be a negligible sum, depending on the level of integration required, )as are any custom integration fees), but will be extremely worth the price. Throughout the process, the development and customer success team were able to give us constant updates and were excellent in assuring us a fantastic delivery.

Pros

The best part about Outlaw is definitely the ability to customize all our contract templates dynamically. I have never seen a contract management product with such an advanced tool for template creation. We were able to put in place section references, set conditional sections, input default variable values, and even include what the platform calls “secret variables” to encrypt sensitive contract information. We have received positive feedback from our recipients about how clean and sleek our contracts look, as compared to Word/ PDF versions we were previously working with.

Cons

I have no complaints so far. The team has been able to address most, if not all our needs in the period we have worked with them, even throughout the decision process when we were comparing between different solutions.

Jon from Ideal Privileges dba Eddy

Knocking it Out of the Park

The ability for our company to send relative documents over a platform is important. Outlaw have given us that platform. The customer success team is amazing and the overall quality of the product is great.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and the ability to customize any document is very important for our business. We have many options that fit our company's specific needs.

Abigail from Ecopia Tech Corporation

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

great onboarding support

Pros

Cons

- Clients have some trouble working with it and will need help accessing the files/completing their role

Jack from Productive Ventures

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Collaborative Document Management and Signing System

Mainly using Outlaw for contract generation based on customized templates. It has worked out great and started looking to use the system for collaborative document revisions. There are a lot of features we have yet to explore.

Pros

Easy to use, cost effective, reliable. From one template, I can create 5-7 different types of contracts that are customized to the deal. AND within seconds. Great customer support and onboarding training. It is for more than contract documents. I can use it for various types of documents that require edits and reviews within a team and the final approved documents signed and archived.

Rachel from Wenham Carter Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Excellent software for creating contracts

Great experience, great customer support, would recommend.

Pros

Easy to set up templates, great customer support, easy to use to generate contracts and negotiate back and forth with Clients pre-signing.

Cons

The template loading time is a bit too slow at the moment, but they have advised they are working on speeding this up.

Response from Outlaw

Replied December 2019

Thanks for writing in, Rachel! Great to hear the platform has been easy to use. Apologies for the hassle on the slow load time. As you've said, we're on top of resolving the issue and were able to locate the error to a specific template of yours. We really appreciate your patience and feedback as we get this fixed asap!

Nora from Adwanted.com

Love this product

Pros

It's easy to use, and easy to share. I can churn out contracts in minutes and share the link within other onboarding emails.

Cons

It was a little difficult to get the hang of at first, but the customer service was so great, I picked it up quickly.

Response from Outlaw

Replied November 2019

Glad to hear that you're drafting out contracts in minutes! We're always on hand if you need more clarity around any features. Thanks for your feedback and happy contracting!

Anna from Anna Sayer

An Intuitive, Straightforward and Equalizing Platform

The numerous benefits of using Outlaw have been valuable and vast. Having an open and equal line of communication with clients throughout the negotiation process has been a unique and welcome experience, and the simple and intuitive interface has simplified the process for both parties – saving me time and money.

Pros

The ease of use for myself and my clients. Both parties have equal access to edit, review and approve contracts throughout the agreement process. Outlaw ensures transparency, and gives me confidence that we're simultaneously addressing our individual and collective needs.

Cons

I can't speak negatively of this software - or my experience with the team behind it. I've had nothing but positive and productive interactions with both. From the incredibly dedicated, thoughtful and patient customer service, to the overall cost and time effectiveness this software has brought to my business, I can only advocate for its benefits.

Faster, easier, and the way it should be done

Speed and efficiency of contract execution is great, and it also ensures fewer mistakes or errors.

Pros

Outlaw makes contract creation, sending, and execution super simple. Frequently used templates are there to quickly select from, without ever having to worry "is this the latest version?" No more going back and forth with redlines or asking for a Word version of a PDF to mark up, and no more importing signatures or scanning contracts back.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning that I have encountered yet. It would be nice if one day template uploading was more automated.

Alex from Glic Health LLC

Strong solution for document management

I am happy with Outlaw. It has all of the functionality we need and is pretty easy to use. They are clearly building out the product more and I'm excited for where its going.

Pros

It has the core features we need and they are relatively easy to use.

Cons

These guys are definitely still building out their product. It is fully functioning and fully meets our needs, but there are things that they need to keep working on to make it a bit more user friendly. It is logical but highly linear.

Jimbo from Self-employed

Industry: Animation

Great collaboration tool

If you're a company that regularly uses contractors and freelancers, be a hero and get Outlaw. There's a certain tediousness when dealing with contracts especially when you're not near a printer or are on the same server. And the tracked changes helps establish trust right away.

Pros

I'm a contractor that regularly receives contracts and invoices from a company that uses Outlaw. As a one person team, being able to redline in real-time, see tracked changes, and esign all within a browser has saved me from so many headaches. The Overview summary section is also a nice touch especially when I don't have a legal team to interpret.

Cons

The first time for sign-in I wish the guest login button was just a tad more prominent. On the receiving side, there isn't much to dislike about it. It's a very intuitive product.

Ryan from Codal

Pretty Slick! Very Nice!

Anytime I had a question, our rep was able to answer it for me or jump on a call to walk it out with me. When we made a suggestion for a feature - it eventually was actually made!

Pros

Real time changes, digital versus sending a PDF, and now I don't have to bother my very busy boss to create a contract, now he can just approve the one I created.

Cons

It is difficult for other members of the team to sometimes see the contracts I have created. It is probably user error but I follow the same steps and sometimes it works, other times it does not.

Response from Outlaw

Replied December 2019

Thanks for writing in, Ryan! We love hearing client's feedback and then turning it into code. Keep those features suggestions coming! And let us know if you want to hop on a quick call to figure out what might be happening with viewing the contracts. We can clarify and resolve the steps your teammates may or may not be taking.

shana from RISE OPERATIONS INC

user friendly for a first timer

Pros

Outlaw is user-friendly and easy to learn. As a first time user, I was pleasured with the responsiveness of their customer service

Cons

It would be nice to have a way to merge multiple accounts so that they could have access to the same contracts and then the other account could be removed/deleted. An alternative to adding someone to a "Team".

Michael from Wenham Carter International

all good, but the email

it was a learning experience, but once I had done it a few times, it is easy

Pros

configuarable, once you understand the process, it is easy to use

Cons

there is only one thing I'd recommend for improvement and that is to link it to Outlook, or auto CC the sender in when submitting a contract via email.

Gina from Minor Vices

Great user experience, saves me time and money, makes me look good

Pros

Outlaw has streamlined my process for everything from contracts with consultants to onboarding and NDAs.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about the product. They are a startup, but this is an advantage in that they are super responsive and constantly improving the experience.

Nathan from Macroscape

Close your clients quickly.

I send out lots of NDAs, contracts for employees and contractors. It's been easy for me to work with clients and contractors with all the terms laid out in plain English, not legalese.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is to edit and redline your own contracts. I've been sending this out to lots of people and everyone enjoys easily working with the software and understanding the terms of their agreements.

Cons

I'd like to see the finished doc hashed to a blockchain for later reference.

Bradley from Seedbox Technolgies Inc.

Great software and excellent customer support.

Great software with excellent customer service and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!

Pros

Centralized online database with easy search and filters. Contract Management Reports. E-SIGNATURES/Mobile e-Signing. Fully configurable template editor. Real-time notifications. Contract activity log. Teams dashboard. Contract key terms Summaries.

Cons

Somewhat of a learning curve when learning and setting up agreement templates initially especially for lengthy and complicated contracts. However, all of our questions and comments were answered by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Saved so much time!

Being able to handle the back and forth of redlining and then the signature all in one tool is incredible. The ease of use can't be beat!

Pros

Outlaw eliminates the headache of dealing with the back and forth on email to redline. The tool is extremely easy to use and at the end of the day, anything that saves me time is a winner!

Cons

It's not the cheapest option out there, but you get what you pay for!

Michelle from Rightly

Industry: Research

Use

Pros

Easy to use and find no software down load

Cons

Instructions aren’t clear and hard to know what the next step was

Response from Outlaw

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your feedback, Michelle, and glad you found Outlaw easy to use! As a guest signer, there are limited features that are available to you. We're happy to give you a demo to unlock the whole platform and show you all the features. You can schedule a call here: https://getoutlaw.com/request-demo/

Ron from Amphenol Advanced Sensors

Outlaw

Our business has a history of many contracts and it was tough to find them and even more difficult to find certain important parts of the contract with ease.

Pros

The metadata ability and how you can capture important parts of the document and later search for them.

Cons

I found it hard to navigate from page to page by clicking on a symbol in one corner of the page or somewhere on the page. I did not find this software easy to use but some of my other colleagues with minimal training seemed to be able to navigate with ease but they also much more computer literate than I am. Outside of the training sessions I never had time to use the software so had that not been the case I probably would have a better understanding of how to maneuver through the pages.

Gus from Forus Media Group, LLC

I'm loving it!!

Pros

It's smooth, user-friendly and straightforward. the customer service agent, whom I think was one of the founders was so nice and helpful!

Cons

nothing that I can think of at the moment. it's a startup and they'll have growing pains for the foreseeable future but they're doing a great job.

Saves you time and money!

Pros

So easy and made for human beings who want to do business faster and not get lost in annoying legalese.

Cons

Don't have much to say here. We've used other document signing systems and I can see Outlaw taking over - because it's not just about software, but about the human experience.

Laney from theSkimm

Overall good experience!

Pros

Easy to generate Insertion Orders, organized, user-friendly

Cons

I don't like that the signer's email address changes if someone else opens the shared link

Wesley from Amphenol Thermometrics, Inc.

A helpful, easy to use product with a lot of features, with electronic signature capability built in

Pros

I appreciate how easy it is to set up and get running, as I found the configuration services offered by Outlaw to be very helpful. I also appreciated that digital signatures are part of the product, and not a separate, add-on expense.

Cons

Would like to see language translation capabilities for contracts written in a language other than English.