Better Proposals Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Better Proposals is fantastic. There are so many different templates for any kind of proposal you would need."
  • icon"This software has enabled me to create best proposals to investors and I can really say it's a winner. It allows you to look at templates if you are clueless about proposals and it guides you too."
  • icon"Visually it's great, modern and responsive. Clients have enjoyed receiving proposals and they're quick and easy to sign."
  • icon"No real issues, I found a couple of buttons that didn't work properly. I had to move the cursor a little for the button to activate."
  • icon"I feel management is very unethical on how they handle consumer relations and would not originally address the issue until I complained to go to my bank."
  • icon"There were a few things that were a little confusing during the set up process."

Have you used Better Proposals and would like to share your experience with others?

All Better Proposals Reviews

Moses

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Great customer service

James S.

Game changing proposal tool...

Live tracking, immediate payments, ease of preparation.

Pros

I used to prep my proposals as PDFs and then mail them off to clients. Now I create everything in Better Proposals, which means I can reuse templates super easily, add pages without worrying about formatting, accept payment *as soon as a client clicks accept* right from within the document (game changing), host the proposal on my domain, and get real-time viewing stats so I know if they've actually read it and if so, which parts and for how long. Don't even think about it - just get this tool now. Period.

Cons

I've had issues with incompatibility on Chrome because of my other plugins and extensions that I'm running. The easy workaround I found was to just use the service with Firefox, where I have almost no extras in use within the browser.

William

My favorite Proposal and Contract Software

Amazing experience with the software, and easy for my staff to use even if they aren’t tech savvy.

Pros

The CEO called me in the beginning to help me get going the right way... Great personalized staff!!! And any features they didn’t have when I started using it, they’ve added since then.

Cons

It only allows the client to e-sign... sometimes we need two signatures or more. I’d like that feature to be added.

Brandon

BEWARE OF THE OWNER; HE IS NOT CONSIDERATE AND UNETHICAL.

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I as unaware that early adopters could not trade their lifetime license. I made a post to sell mine and the CEO immediately messaged me and said you cannot do that and closed my account without any warning or discussion with me. I was not aware it was against the terms as it was not the current when i purchased the LTD. He was very rude and made me feel betrayed. I basically gave him my money and he took it and run; in essence, stealing my money and not giving me my account. If he simply would have made me aware of it and discussed it saying if you do your account will be closed, then I would have had no problem keeping my account and finding a use for it. Very bad way to do business and not ethical whatsoever! BEWARE.

Pros

Decent program, lots of good updates other than the ethics of the owner.

Cons

The customer support is terrible. The owner is very rude.

Chuck

Beautiful, clean proposals that I can organize and track.

Quicker deployment of proposals. Ability to organize and track everything. Just being able to create different proposal templates and pull them out as I need them has cut down tremendously on my time.

Pros

I'm no longer a slave to the formatting restrictions of a Word doc. I can make my proposals as attractive and image intensive as a website. I love being able to create and organize templates and images that I can quickly grab and customize. I love the way they look on a mobile device as well (fully responsive). There is also a certain Cool factor about sending proposals electronically where the client can sign off without having to print and fax or scan. I also love being able to track what my prospects are looking at real time. It's also fun watching my revenue increase as my prospects become clients. Customer support is actually very good despite difference in time zones. I'm spoiled. I can never go back to creating Word Doc proposals.

Cons

Would love to be able to see thumbnails of my stored images so I can quickly re-use them. Also I'd love to be able to send a secure form so I can get client information to set up their accounts and collect credit card info electronically to use off-line. Just my personal wish-list not really a con.

Gordon

This is the software I credit for improving my business and growing sales

Pros

Before using Better Proposals, I would simply use Word or email for my proposals. Then I came across this software and it changed things dramatically for me. it did this in two ways. 1) Their proposal software made me look so much more professional the previously. My closing ration prior to this software was at around 50% (pretty good I thought). Through using Better Proposals it has now risen to 80%!! Why? I can only imagine that the client thinks "blimey, this is good... therefore they must be good". 2) However, indirectly it's done something else... it's made me up my game. Because of better tools at my disposal, I'm looking at better quality clients. Whether there's less competition in this field I don't know, but my prices have risen and in turn, I can produce better work because I have more time to spend on each client. In short, its a tool I would highly recommend.

Cons

I've got nothing bad to say about this software. I'm really happy with it.

Imisa

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Polished presentation!

Great program. Saves me time (therefore money). Elevates the presentation to my clients.

Pros

Wow- moving on up from a basic PDF proposal. This lets you customize​, add images, graphics, etc. There are multi-page​ proposals and they keep improving so it is easier to develop professional proposals quickly. I am able to include all the legal "stuff" to make sure it is all set and signed before I​ work with anyone.

Cons

I occasionally end up changing the ​font with a wrong click and then can't get back easily. User error, but I have done it several times... so something is pretty easy to hit accidentally!

Stormy

People ask me what I use to create my proposals.

In my business - consulting - the proposal can make or break the deal. I have high close rates because my prospective clients see a clear, beautiful proposals that make me look like a pro.

Pros

Beautiful, easy to use, flexible. I've learned that the more I work on my templates, the less time it takes to create a really remarkable proposal with high close rates. It feels great when people tell me how great my proposals are. I don't tell them I can produce a fabulous 8 page proposal in about 40 minutes from my client call notes.

Cons

You have to name your text blocks and media files well because there is no preview function.

Ryan

Great, clean, reliable proposal generation software

Pros

Customer service is stellar, always willing to hear customer feedback. Clients appreciate the ease of use and how everything is laid out. My salespeople don't have any complaints about using it. Good designs, good library of templates. Really pleased

Cons

Some wonky functionality and smaller breadth of customization, but I'm sure they will be wrapping up these issues promptly

Bruce

My proposals are finally beautiful!

Create visually appealing proposals and cut down the time to create them from 4 hours to 1 hour, max.

Pros

Totally Online, white labeled and Zapier lets me connect this directly with Xero to supply an invoice on proposal acceptance and get paid instantly. Proposal tracking features let me see when they've opened and are busy reading and I can make myself available for questions through chat functionality.

Cons

I'd like the option to host on Betterproposals servers with CNAME.

Maryle

Industry: Graphic Design

Better Proposals

Yesterday I had a question that I needed to be answered right away. Their chat said "be back tomorrow," however, they did get back to me within 5-minutes and solved my problem with grace and ease. So far, I'm happy and excited to use the product. I always present a Proposal via online video conference before sending it via email. Yesterday I presented my first Proposal and an hour later it was returned with the acceptance signature.

Pros

Love the fact that it's technologically up-to-date cloud-based software. The templates are easy to modify with the exception of the colors on the meta tags which have to be adjusted with HTML coding. Fix that and I'm a happy camper.

Cons

No color change option for the Headings without HTML knowledge. The backgrounds and text colors can be changed in all templates, so I'd like to see this available as well.

Margaret

Highly recommend - the product keeps getting better and better

Wasn't incredible at the time I purchased, but was good enough. Thinking the developer would leave the product as it was, I was happy enough. Delighted to have been wrong. The developer has continued to add functionality to the system, as well as continuing to enhance the pre-existing features. They're also branching out into new areas, allowing me to better manage a variety of customer documents I use. Love it.

Pros

Initially I was looking for a simple way to standardise and streamline proposals. An online format is what I wanted most, and this one allowed me to make my proposals be on my own domain. This product seemed the best value for money.

Cons

Would like a little more formatting / customising ability. But TBH what's there now works.

Amy

Super helpful software

Pros

I love that I can create great-looking proposals really quickly and then have the customer sign straight from within their proposal. It simplifies so much for me. I also love that you can see when the proposal has been opened so you know whether to follow up.

Cons

The template function could do with work, I can't figure out how to create a blank template without just copying an existing proposal. I'd also love to be able to have a pricing table in more than one place in the proposal (same table just in two different places), but it's not a dealbreaker.

Samantha

August 2016

Best piece of software ever!

After many years of sending off proposals, begging for it to be signed and returned to only then be lost in the pile of further T&C's, Business Automation has saved our process. Easy to use, controlled and well managed, the best software we have used to date.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use. Looks great. Affordable Can add as many user as I want - BONUS!

Best Proposal Software Out There

Great!

Pros

I've been using BP for a long time now and really respect the product. As a sales agency, I can tell you I've seen and used many proposal softwares in the past, and Better Proposals is by far the best out there. Well done!

Cons

There is a little bit of a small learning curve to get started. Very worth it once you do!

Shade

Beautiful Proposals Made Easy!

Overall, it is a really great software! If you're looking to create beautiful proposals that impress clients in timely manner, Better Proposals definitely comes through!

Pros

The template-rich platform makes it super easy to select a template and tweak it for our own individual use-case. It's like someone has done the research as to what you need in a particular proposal and all you have to do is go in and make a few changes to customize it to your particular case. Also, all the proposals are beautiful and easy to navigate by the clients. Clients are always impressed when they view a proposal from Better Proposals!

Cons

I didn't really like the fact that Zapier integration is only reserved for their higher plans. To me that is somewhat restrictive for those on the lower paid plan as the sooner automation is a part of one's workflow - the better! To reserve that only for the higher paid plans to me doesn't make much sense.

Reasons for switching to Better Proposals

At the time, CName implementation on Better Proposals was easier to implement (at the lower paid plans) than on Proposify. Not sure if that has changed but that was my experience when I first turned to Better Proposals.