• Pros

• "It's incredibly easy to use. Looks great. Affordable Can add as many user as I want - BONUS! "

• "Better Proposals gives me a way to easily create proposals for clients in any number of categories. They are always adding functionality and I use it all the time for new clients."

• "It increases my chances of booking a new client. They love the layout and it adds so much professionalism!"

• Cons

• "There could be some a bells and whistles, but the basics to what you need are in place. Would love to be able to customise the font to select any of the google fonts, but it's not a deal breaker. "

• "Some wonky functionality and smaller breadth of customization, but I'm sure they will be wrapping up these issues promptly"

• "Would like a little more formatting / customising ability. But TBH what's there now works."

Browse Better Proposals Reviews

Shade from Peacock Shades

Beautiful Proposals Made Easy!

Overall, it is a really great software! If you're looking to create beautiful proposals that impress clients in timely manner, Better Proposals definitely comes through!

Pros

The template-rich platform makes it super easy to select a template and tweak it for our own individual use-case. It's like someone has done the research as to what you need in a particular proposal and all you have to do is go in and make a few changes to customize it to your particular case. Also, all the proposals are beautiful and easy to navigate by the clients. Clients are always impressed when they view a proposal from Better Proposals!

Cons

I didn't really like the fact that Zapier integration is only reserved for their higher plans. To me that is somewhat restrictive for those on the lower paid plan as the sooner automation is a part of one's workflow - the better! To reserve that only for the higher paid plans to me doesn't make much sense.

Reasons for Switching to Better Proposals

At the time, CName implementation on Better Proposals was easier to implement (at the lower paid plans) than on Proposify. Not sure if that has changed but that was my experience when I first turned to Better Proposals.

Nik from Flat Cap Creative

Absolutely brilliant for proposals, sign-offs and contracts

Better Proposals makes me look like a serious pro to my clients and acts as a touchstone throughout the projects we work on. They sign a contract that appears to be loading from my website and then see the same format again as they sign off on milestones and eventually close off a job. I missed out on the AppSumo deal but honestly it's well worth the money I spend on it each month. Top tip - get your templates all set up so you can bang proposals and documents out quickly. Then you'll really feel the power of it.

Pros

I absolutely love the activity tracking on proposals - I've avoided several misunderstandings by spotting that new customers hadn't read important parts of their proposals and was able to gently ask, "and everything was OK with the payment terms/timeline/bit where you promised to write amazing website content yourself?" and draw their attention back to it. The marketplace of templates is fantastic too, though I still need to re-write things in my own tone and for my own company's use cases.

Cons

I can't think of much to dislike. I do sometimes find the pricing tables a little fiddly but that's because they made them a lot more flexible for us. It's still a million times easier than any other way I can think of doing it.

Reasons for Choosing Better Proposals

Better Proposals was more modern, had better features, and the data they produce yearly about the features of a proposal that's likely to help you close a sale was the evidence I needed that they were the people to trust with all this stuff.

Amy from Kind Tide

Super helpful software

Pros

I love that I can create great-looking proposals really quickly and then have the customer sign straight from within their proposal. It simplifies so much for me. I also love that you can see when the proposal has been opened so you know whether to follow up.

Cons

The template function could do with work, I can't figure out how to create a blank template without just copying an existing proposal. I'd also love to be able to have a pricing table in more than one place in the proposal (same table just in two different places), but it's not a dealbreaker.

Samantha from Box Of Ambrosia

Industry: Graphic Design

Not recommended terrible customer service

The software was good and perhaps they will improve their crashing issues. Even if they did how I was treated was very unethical when I simply addressed valid issues originally in private. Utterly disgusted. I am happy to provide screenshots and emails to verify my claims and validity. I also have charges from my bank. I feel businesses like this should be exposed. I also have messages from others who messaged me regarding their experience. They would not address my issue so I was going to go to my bank. The CEO threatened me and also told me to stop posting on social media. Such an aweful experience.

Pros

It was very good at first and I even referred other paying customers.

Cons

They recently had a crash that caused major issues. In general there were problems but you learn to just give it a try for awhile. I feel management is very unethical on how they handle consumer relations and would not originally address the issue until I complained to go to my bank. I also felt as a consumer I was treated with discrimination and racism.

Response from Better Proposals

Replied January 2019

Just to add a little non-emotional clarity to this situation. Samantha contacted support and asked for help. The CTO responded because it was late at night and everyone had finished. She gave the answer twice and was told it was "too generic". Samantha then threatened do issue chargebacks and demanded a refund. I (Adam, CEO) took over and said she could have the help she wanted or the refund she's demanded. She continued to react emotionally and was rude and ultimately wasn't listening so we made the decision to refund her everything she's ever paid us and give her a free month to switch to another platform. She wasn't affected by any outage at all. It's a shame both parties have had this experience. Not everyone is a fit for every company and that's evident here. I hope she finds happiness. Adam CEO

Ross from Innovate design and build

Professional

Pros

When you send a proposal to a potential client, we feel that better proposals puts us in a league well above our competitors. The level of detail it shows really shows our clients we understand there project and also looks so professional compared to any other software we have used. Overall we a extremely pleased to use better proposals and get very excited when we send to our clients. We always ask for there feedback on the software and they are all very impressed!!!

Cons

There is Nothing we do not like about this product

Much more professional look

Sue from SB Media Group, LLC

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Landed a $1,650 web design project during my free trial

Overall, my experience with Better Proposals has been positive. I like the product. It was fairly easy to set up and use, without spending a lot of time watching videos or reading help docs. I can say from experience that it works. I think it's a good investment for anyone who dreads writing proposals or who simply wants to streamline their proposal writing process.

Pros

I've been building and selling websites for almost ten years. My weakest point has always been getting a proposal out the door. I never know what to write and I've always been challenged when it comes to pricing my services. Finally this year I decided that I needed to overcome the obstacle of writing proposals, as I knew it was one of the things holding me back from growing revenue in my business. Better Proposals was actually the fourth option that I tried. There are three main reason why I liked Better Proposals. First, it comes with a variety of great templates. As a seasoned freelance professional, I offer a variety of services. I can use Better Proposals for copywriting, PPC campaigns, SEO, etc. Of course you need to customize the templates, but it gives you a solid place to start. Oftentimes, getting started is half the battle! Second, proposals created with Better Proposals have a modern look and feel. When you are selling web design services, it's important for your proposal to have the same level of quality as the websites you create. Proposals are intended to be viewed online, so they look great and are easy to read on all browsers and devices. Finally, I like that it guides your prospects towards digitally accepting your proposal. It's the natural next step. Once accepted, they're prompted to pay your deposit on the spot. I signed on a new client during my Better Proposals trial period! Within minutes I had a 50% down payment on a $1650 website.

Cons

There were a few things that were a little confusing during the set up process. As a result a few things weren't as set up as I would have liked them to be when I sent out my first proposal. I didn't realize this until later and I still closed the deal, so I guess the fact my emails weren't properly customized wasn't mission critical. I reached out later to support and explained what had been confusing to me. The support person agreed that they could improve the directions. She said that she would pass on my input to her development team. I thought that was a good sign. YI like it when companies take their customer's feedback seriously and always try to improve their product. One thing I didn't particularly like is how my proposal looked when converted into a PDF. It seemed like the formatting got kind of funky and things didn't look nearly as nice as they did when the PDF was viewed in a browser. This probably isn't really a big deal, though, as I think people are really getting away from printing everything out. The cost of paper and ink is too high for that. The proposal is always available to be referenced online and it can be shared with anyone that way.

Reasons for Choosing Better Proposals

And.Co isn't really a proposal specific software. It's more like an accounting and billing platform, that also allows you to create proposals. Therefore, it was too bare bones for me. The proposals don't look that nice and I wasn't convinced it would save me any time in the long run. BidSketch seemed a little dated. Their proposals look nice in PDF format, but when viewed on a phone, they don't look that great. I also didn't like the editor. It seemed clunky and it took too much time to create a single proposal. Proposify seemed more modern than BidSketch, yet I didn't find it that easy to use. I felt like it took me a long time to create a single Proposal. I also think it was more expensive for less features.

Lenny from VideoShopping.com

Hands Down the ABSOLUTE BEST PROPOSAL SOFTWARE, period.

Excellent! The creators of this software really care about their customers, understand video production which is a plus for us considering it's what we do, and the few hiccups we've had with their software we're quickly addressed. Buy it! You won't regret it.

Pros

I like how once a template is created, customization becomes incredibly easy to the point where the end client feels as if you've invested all this time in customization, when it only took a few minutes. It's not immediate, but that has more to do with me being a perfectionist than the software. I also like how I get INSTANTLY notified by email when someone is reading the proposal and to what extent. If they view one page for 20 seconds, I know I have more work to do with that lead. Excellent software.

Cons

That you, on the initial email have to send it through their system. I'd like to have the option of manually sending the traceable link so I can throw it into bitly and shorten it, but maybe there is a workaround I simply have not explored enough yet.

Mark from Divine Aesthetic Design & Marketing

This software will position you ahead of your competition and win you more business

Can't think of any, seriously. They've nailed the whole package and are improving constantly, based on what their customers are requesting and need to win more business. A genuine company that cares about getting results for their customers.

Pros

Presenting proposals online like this, especially if you are in the technology space, puts you head and shoulders above the competition. If you're talking about latest technologies, best practices and innovation in your pitch, delivering your proposal in this online format demonstrates you walk the talk. Usability of the software itself is child's play. Features being added and improved constantly. And the best thing of all SUPPORT IS INCREDIBLE!! They are on it. Big time. They really do care about serving us and providing the best tool possible to help us win more deals and achieve success. They are welcoming, reply to any question very quickly (almost immediately in office hours) and they not only listen to what their customers are saying/feeding back on, they implement these requests, too. If you're in two minds, seriously, don't give it another thought. This will change how you do business for the better, help position you above the competition, and most importantly, help you win more business! Well done chaps. Loving your work. Keep on keeping on.

Brett from Wonderist Agency - Dental Marketing

Easy, Intuitive, Effective

Saves time, looks professional, gives me information as to how clients read the proposals so I can refine them and make them even more effective!

Pros

This tool has been not only a time saver for me, but an absolute game changer as to how I prepare and share proposals with existing and prospective clients. Not only has it made my life easier, but my clients and prospective clients are impressed with how professional the proposals look! I also really enjoy the tracking features and getting notified when my proposals are opened and read through. As someone who freelances, spending less time on administrative tasks and more time doing what I do best is always a plus for me!

Cons

As much as I've used this for making proposals for website development, I have delved into the application as much as I should, so it's hard for me to give any valid cons or constructive criticism since it does everything I need it to do without me having to explore every nook and cranny of the platform.

James from AgencyFlare

Best Proposal Software Out There

Great!

Pros

I've been using BP for a long time now and really respect the product. As a sales agency, I can tell you I've seen and used many proposal softwares in the past, and Better Proposals is by far the best out there. Well done!

Cons

There is a little bit of a small learning curve to get started. Very worth it once you do!

Good Proposals

I was able to quickly move clients from the lead stage into the negotiation stage. If you are still working on Office/Pages, even Google Docs, you will understand how much time it takes finicking around details. Using their templates was more simple, and once you did some for your most frequent services, new ones would be easier and faster to create. I could also track when users checked on the proposals, and even add a live chat widget so that I could always be available for potential clients. I found a better offer for my needs on another platform, but I would still consider them depending on specific needs.

Pros

Coming from making Google Docs proposals, this platform was indeed Better. I was able to take advantage of their vast template library and quickly send proposals to clients. I liked how it tracked views for each individual recipient and how the dashboard was able to show you how much sales you have closed.

Cons

I was using the basic plan and even tho I never maxed their allowed proposals per month, I still found that intimidating.

Reasons for Choosing Better Proposals

Mostly pricing of their starter tier, was much more affordable than competitors at the time.

Reasons for Switching to Better Proposals

Google Docs is fine enough for printed documents, but has many issues if we want to create a nicer cover page and specially if we want to export as PDF with high quality images.

Tom from CONVERTS

Great Software for Online Proposals

Once you have set everything up you can push out proposals in a very short period of time that wow your future clients.

Pros

The templates make it very easy to create beautiful proposals in a very short period of time. They look good on desktop as well as mobile. Owner often pushes out updates and also gives good tips on how to make proposals better based on data he gathers.

Cons

Design-Wise you don't have a huge amount of blocks at your disposal, but it is more than enough actually to not get lost in too much design and focus on the content of your proposal.

Reasons for Choosing Better Proposals

Actually I still use both tools.

James from heypressgo.com

Effective and easy to use proposal system,

Pros

The best features about this product is that its easy to use, and comes with a great range of templates for any scenario so you can start building and customising your online proposal. The features like taking payment are great, along with buying able track potential clients is really handy. The support from the team via the chat is great as well, I have found the team at Better Proposal to be super helpful in getting us setup. Also like the feature to be able to white label (mask) the domain name so all our proposal look like they are developed from our site. The customisation is great in what you can do, and being able to save containers and pages for future proposals is very handy. We have been able to reduce our time on getting a proposal out now which is resulting in more conversations.

Brent from Rocket Grove Creative Studios

Proposals I would have never done right myself

Better Proposals improved a process that I didn't even know I could improve. I never really used formal proposals before because it was a pain to do a nice one. But Better Proposals introduced me to some new ideas I could use, and potential clients love them!

Pros

I love how Better Proposals can literally put you in a different level than competitors. Most businesses don't put a lot of thought into their proposals, and most companies don't do anything interactive with their proposals. But Better Proposals gives you high quality designs, and lets you insert amazing widgets into your proposals, like interactive pricing tables, payments, live chat, and signatures. And you can do it fast with the great template features.

Cons

I don't like how some of the features are locked behind some higher plans. Not that they are super expensive, but I would have preferred to see plans based mostly on the number of proposals instead of locking important features away. There are a couple of things that I think MOST people will want to do with their proposals, like Zapier integration, that should be included. Regardless, these are a small number of features that are limited, so it's not a deal breaker.

Seth from Digital Prestige Design, LLC.

BetterProposals has changed how I sell my services - for the better.

A 36% conversion rate and improving!

Pros

I love the ease of use of this platform. I set up a template for each of my services. Then, once I've had an initial phone call with a prospective client, I send the proposal. It details all of the services in a beautiful way and really helps me show, not tell, the value of my services.

Cons

The design experience is so easy to use that it lacks some flexibility I wish for. Also, some of the integrations can be harder to setup - It'd be great to have more of the "add-ons" available to the base subscription.

James S. from Oscar Diggs Digital, Inc.

Game changing proposal tool...

Live tracking, immediate payments, ease of preparation.

Pros

I used to prep my proposals as PDFs and then mail them off to clients. Now I create everything in Better Proposals, which means I can reuse templates super easily, add pages without worrying about formatting, accept payment *as soon as a client clicks accept* right from within the document (game changing), host the proposal on my domain, and get real-time viewing stats so I know if they've actually read it and if so, which parts and for how long. Don't even think about it - just get this tool now. Period.

Cons

I've had issues with incompatibility on Chrome because of my other plugins and extensions that I'm running. The easy workaround I found was to just use the service with Firefox, where I have almost no extras in use within the browser.

Margaret from more customers more sales

Highly recommend - the product keeps getting better and better

Wasn't incredible at the time I purchased, but was good enough. Thinking the developer would leave the product as it was, I was happy enough. Delighted to have been wrong. The developer has continued to add functionality to the system, as well as continuing to enhance the pre-existing features. They're also branching out into new areas, allowing me to better manage a variety of customer documents I use. Love it.

Pros

Initially I was looking for a simple way to standardise and streamline proposals. An online format is what I wanted most, and this one allowed me to make my proposals be on my own domain. This product seemed the best value for money.

William from Browning Productions & Entertainment

My favorite Proposal and Contract Software

Amazing experience with the software, and easy for my staff to use even if they aren’t tech savvy.

Pros

The CEO called me in the beginning to help me get going the right way... Great personalized staff!!! And any features they didn’t have when I started using it, they’ve added since then.

Cons

It only allows the client to e-sign... sometimes we need two signatures or more. I’d like that feature to be added.

Chuck from Kreative Webworks, Inc.

Beautiful, clean proposals that I can organize and track.

Quicker deployment of proposals. Ability to organize and track everything. Just being able to create different proposal templates and pull them out as I need them has cut down tremendously on my time.

Pros

I'm no longer a slave to the formatting restrictions of a Word doc. I can make my proposals as attractive and image intensive as a website. I love being able to create and organize templates and images that I can quickly grab and customize. I love the way they look on a mobile device as well (fully responsive). There is also a certain Cool factor about sending proposals electronically where the client can sign off without having to print and fax or scan. I also love being able to track what my prospects are looking at real time. It's also fun watching my revenue increase as my prospects become clients. Customer support is actually very good despite difference in time zones. I'm spoiled. I can never go back to creating Word Doc proposals.

Cons

Would love to be able to see thumbnails of my stored images so I can quickly re-use them. Also I'd love to be able to send a secure form so I can get client information to set up their accounts and collect credit card info electronically to use off-line. Just my personal wish-list not really a con.

This is a quick way to create stunning proposals that will wow and convert your prospects.

Increased conversions and improved tracking of proposals to be able to make timely follow ups to close a deal.

Pros

Tracking that a proposal has been received and read. The speed of creating proposals once you've modified one of the many pre-done templates. The impressed responses from prospective clients who are wowwed by how good they look.

Cons

Text editing is a little fiddly at times and using the delete key often makes the browser go back a page rather than delete the text. Would be nice to see support for video on the cover and in the proposal content.

Gordon from PRO Media 66

This is the software I credit for improving my business and growing sales

Pros

Before using Better Proposals, I would simply use Word or email for my proposals. Then I came across this software and it changed things dramatically for me. it did this in two ways. 1) Their proposal software made me look so much more professional the previously. My closing ration prior to this software was at around 50% (pretty good I thought). Through using Better Proposals it has now risen to 80%!! Why? I can only imagine that the client thinks "blimey, this is good... therefore they must be good". 2) However, indirectly it's done something else... it's made me up my game. Because of better tools at my disposal, I'm looking at better quality clients. Whether there's less competition in this field I don't know, but my prices have risen and in turn, I can produce better work because I have more time to spend on each client. In short, its a tool I would highly recommend.

Cons

I've got nothing bad to say about this software. I'm really happy with it.

Shandre from KGA Life Ltd

August 2016

Perfect for those who are too busy

Due to my busy schedule it helped me know that everything was taken care of. the fact that what I see before me is what a client will also see, this is crucial. if I am on the go I can use my cell phone and do not have to be in front of a laptop or computer. I can access it any time and anywhere.

Pros

The fact that it is so user friendly and the simplicity of it.

Cons

Nothing

Jeremy from Eleven Tree Media

Industry: Online Media

Best Proposal Software Available

Excellent. I have used it for dozens and dozens of proposals to clients and it is the fastest, easiest way to get a contract signed.

Pros

Cons

I have had it for a couple years, even back at the start it was solid. Nothing really comes to mind right now, especially with all the stuff they continue to add.

Samantha from Nu Beginnings

August 2016

Best piece of software ever!

After many years of sending off proposals, begging for it to be signed and returned to only then be lost in the pile of further T&C's, Business Automation has saved our process. Easy to use, controlled and well managed, the best software we have used to date.

Pros

Brilliant Saas - couldn't do without it.

Pros

Better Proposals is really easy to use. It just works well and gives me a great selection of templates and previous proposals to choose from. It looks amazing and their new PDF export feature is just sublime. Most clients like to print out a proposal to take it to a board meeting and it means that when they do, my proposal will look really good. Clean, easy to read and impressive.

Cons

I would like there to be more control over custom fields / merge tags in the templates. There are a few, like Company name etc, but it would be great to be able to do more with this and setup custom fields to use across all proposals.

Imisa from Career Partner Network

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Polished presentation!

Great program. Saves me time (therefore money). Elevates the presentation to my clients.

Pros

Wow- moving on up from a basic PDF proposal. This lets you customize​, add images, graphics, etc. There are multi-page​ proposals and they keep improving so it is easier to develop professional proposals quickly. I am able to include all the legal "stuff" to make sure it is all set and signed before I​ work with anyone.

Cons

I occasionally end up changing the ​font with a wrong click and then can't get back easily. User error, but I have done it several times... so something is pretty easy to hit accidentally!

Product name speaks for itself

My overall experience so far is a truly positive one. Will be considering staying on with their starter package after my trial as I believe this platform provides an advantage over competitors in proposal writing. The pricing is also reasonable and greatly justified by the value provided by the product.

Pros

I generally dislike this aspect of the business in both industries within my areas of expertise which are website development and graphic design, however, with Better Proposals I find that it removes that bitter taste when thinking of preparing a proposal or contract. Simple, clean, user friendly interface. Convenient integrations such as CRM and Live Chat. The templates are beautifully designed and gives that professional look and feel that can wow clients. It stands out from the basic templates you'd find elsewhere on the internet.

Cons

As I'm currently only running this on Free trial for a limited time, I have yet to come across any cons.

Stormy from Net101

People ask me what I use to create my proposals.

In my business - consulting - the proposal can make or break the deal. I have high close rates because my prospective clients see a clear, beautiful proposals that make me look like a pro.

Pros

Beautiful, easy to use, flexible. I've learned that the more I work on my templates, the less time it takes to create a really remarkable proposal with high close rates. It feels great when people tell me how great my proposals are. I don't tell them I can produce a fabulous 8 page proposal in about 40 minutes from my client call notes.

Cons

You have to name your text blocks and media files well because there is no preview function.

Hayden from LeMaster Graphics

Must-have for web designers!

Really like it. It allows me to spend more time on the projects I want to work on, instead of spending half the day writing proposals.

Pros

I love how much it makes my job easier! The two most common projects I have to write a proposal for are website builds, and logo/branding packages. Which are NOT quick to write up, as there are so many line items and details to cover. This software makes this part of my job a lot easier.

Cons

There's a bit of a learning curve, and the price is higher than me just going into Google Docs or Creative Cloud (a package I'm paying for anyway) - but I think it's worth the extra money for a unique, task-specific tool like this.

Reasons for Switching to Better Proposals

I needed a more professional-looking, task specific software.

Ryan from Market My Market

Great, clean, reliable proposal generation software

Pros

Customer service is stellar, always willing to hear customer feedback. Clients appreciate the ease of use and how everything is laid out. My salespeople don't have any complaints about using it. Good designs, good library of templates. Really pleased

Beautiful Professional Proposals

I no longer stress about proposals. Better Proposals has made things so simple from setup to acceptance and payment. I feel more confident each time I send a proposal and my increased sales show it.

Pros

Better Proposals is fantastic! There are so many different templates for any kind of proposal you would need. It walks you through every step of setting it up and makes everything so simple. I especially like that it accepts electronic signatures and allows payment directly from the document. The tracking of the document as to whether it has been opened, read and signed is a big plus too.

Cons

There's not much I can say for what I don't like. Better Proposals has been a time saver, increased my closed deals and is affordable.

Andrea from APS Connections

Software at its best.

What a great experience, It is simple enough to understand with No hassle, no fuss. Thank you very much.

Pros

It is definitely affordable. Quick to learn as well as easy to use and a lot to offer. Looks great too.

Daniel from VLAD Wrestling

helps convert leads into sales

it def helps convert leads into sales

Pros

I love the design and how professional proposals look. I often get compliments on how professional my business looks using this platform. Also, love the notifications i get when a client has viewed or signed the proposals.

Cons

I don't really like the PDF version of the proposals. If I use images and not enough text to fill the page it add a lot of white space to the file which does not look that great. The web version looks great thought.

Affordable and Professional Proposals

Pros

It's so easy to use. No learning curve. And LOVE all of the new templates. I also love how I receive an email immediately after a client signs the document. I like how Better Proposal lets me know how long the client has read the proposal- it let's me know if they are serious or not. The software itself is very simple, and professional. Better Proposals definitely steps up your game with their professional onboarding system.

Cons

I cant think of any. So far I am really happy with it

Ama from Two Hoots Digital

Create Attractive Proposals

Great! However, with CRM tools incorporate a proposal functionality, it might not be the best investment.

Pros

If you want to simply and quickly create propsals that stand out, then you can't go wrong with Better Proposals. You can create a proposal that looks like a website, get notification when your proposal is read and keep a tally in your set currency of the number of proposals that you have sent out.

Cons

It has been a while since it was released and although it works perfectly well, there hasn't been any updates or additional features to this tool.

Nick from Exprance

Changed my game for proposals a lot and always improving

I'm far from a power user as I only send out a few proposals a month but they go very smooth with Better Proposals. I love the tracking and signing right in the proposal.

Pros

The software couldn't be easier to use and the templates to start with are perfect. The platform makes it easy to create proposals and track them after they're sent. Not only that but every year they release a very helpful infographic on what makes a proposal the most likely to get accepted. That's extremely helpful in tweaking my own strategy.

Cons

Sometimes the editor can be a bit buggy and lost a bit of content but this is rare. I'm not sure if it has to do with me using Safari instead of the ubiquitous Chrome.

Bruce from Symantec

My proposals are finally beautiful!

Create visually appealing proposals and cut down the time to create them from 4 hours to 1 hour, max.

Pros

Totally Online, white labeled and Zapier lets me connect this directly with Xero to supply an invoice on proposal acceptance and get paid instantly. Proposal tracking features let me see when they've opened and are busy reading and I can make myself available for questions through chat functionality.

Cons

I'd like the option to host on Betterproposals servers with CNAME.

Maryle from Wide Web Advisor, LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Better Proposals

Yesterday I had a question that I needed to be answered right away. Their chat said "be back tomorrow," however, they did get back to me within 5-minutes and solved my problem with grace and ease. So far, I'm happy and excited to use the product. I always present a Proposal via online video conference before sending it via email. Yesterday I presented my first Proposal and an hour later it was returned with the acceptance signature.

Pros

Love the fact that it's technologically up-to-date cloud-based software. The templates are easy to modify with the exception of the colors on the meta tags which have to be adjusted with HTML coding. Fix that and I'm a happy camper.

Cons

No color change option for the Headings without HTML knowledge. The backgrounds and text colors can be changed in all templates, so I'd like to see this available as well.

James from DataHQ

I tried ALL proposal SAAS on the market in 2018 and I THIS is by far the best!

Being able to track what pages of the proposal my customer has read.

Pros

Where do I start - TRACKING - My most favourite feature - I'm able to track what pages my customer's have viewed, the device its viewed on AND how long they spent on each page! So powerful! - INTEGRATIONS - it integrates with CRMs and Payment gateways! - POSITIVE FEEDBACK - I can easily walk clients through the proposal and they love it. - PROFESSIONAL - It makes me look so professional.

Cons

None whatsoever! We love it and all its features. We will continue using the software throughout our onboarding process.

Much better than sending quotes or using a word doc.

More sales.

Pros

Much more impressive to prospective clients then just sending a quote or word doc. Quality graphics, terms laid out, can put in videos and works on all devices. I closed deals on it right away.

Cons

Could have a few more integrations. Subscriptions work but not on PayPal. They have already added some integrations since I joined though so I would imagine that continues.

Response from Better Proposals

Replied February 2018

Hey, thanks for the review. Very cool of you and super glad you're liking it. Subscriptions with PayPal are near impossible to get a really nice experience with so we've left it out for now. We will revisit it periodically and hope that PayPal improves.

Get ready to wow your prospective clients with beautiful proposals

Pros

As a web designer, I need my proposals to be just as much a work of art as the sites I create. Better Proposals makes that possible, with a simple backend and stunning output. Plus, the software tracks how long each person spends on each section of the proposal - which is amazing. PLUS, it's incredibly affordable.

Cons

I would love to see a few more options for section design. What they have looks great, so I'm not complaining. That said, more is always a good thing. PLUS, I wish I could have multiple pricing charts in one proposal. Big oversight.

Natalie from Quarkshow Science Communications

My Essential Tool for Web Development Clients

The templates make it extremely simple to create a custom proposal for my clients. As an IT consultant with many different projects, I appreciate the variety of proposal templates that are available, as well as how easy it is to modify the proposal for my needs. Thank you!

Pros

There are many templates to choose as starting points that can be customized by my specific needs. I LOVE the fact that I can see when my clients open the proposals, and the online signing feature is super-convenient for my out-of-state clients.

Cons

The saved PDF of the proposal isn't the prettiest; I wish I could set page breaks to make things flow nicer. However, this is made to be an online platform so my clients view the proposal using the link. I rarely have the need to save and print the PDF.

Ian from Vacancy Filler

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

One of the best packages I've bought in recent times

Increased conversion rate Huge time saving Increase in prospects buying into the brand

Pros

The time saving compared to traditional proposal writing are huge! What took me over 2 hours to do previously, now takes just 30 minutes. The ability to make your proposals simple, informative and professional has increased our conversion rate and it's only getting better. A must buy!

Cons

A deeper integration to our CRM would be useful along with an internal sign off process but the rest of the functionality of the software definitely make up for what it doesn't have.

Proposal builder that is easy to use and simple to create with.

Transparency, Speed

Pros

Really intuitive and simple to use tool. The most useful feature of this tool are its templates. Reusing templates allows me a speedy start into the proposal creation process. The tool even offers the ability to create templates of your own. With a Stripe integration for immediate payment, Better Proposals is amazing value for money!

Cons

The exported layouts have not been consistently good looking. To be truly effective, I'd like to customize the proposals a bit more and also figure out how to make the visuals a bit better.

Jason from Out of the Box Innovations Ltd.

Saved me so much time

I put off using proposal template software because I never have enough time for new software learning curves. In this instance, I was totally wrong. In the time it took to edit my previous presentations, I could edit the pre-made one by Better Proposals and get something far more professional. Browsing the other templates, I can see that I'll actually be saving a lot of time writing copy. Unlike some lorem ipsum or irrelevant templates around, the ones at Better Proposals are up to date and well written.

Pros

It's really user-friendly, at least as simple as using Word, Pages or Wordpress. The best thing was to find lots of pre-made templates that matched my business offerings. So, not only did I get a sharp design, but I saved days of writing copy since it was around a 70% match to what I'd say anyway.

Cons

No real issues, I found a couple of buttons that didn't work properly. I had to move the cursor a little for the button to activate. (Not sure if that was browser problem though).

Ian from Vector Business Advisors

A great tool. Templates and analytics are powerful.

Pros

Clients love the simplicity and design fo the proposals. I love the analytics and how it streamlines my workflow.

Cons

No complaints. BP is a crucial part of my tech stack and workflow for services. I've also implemented BP for several clients, even those with a single standard offer--the analytics makes it a great tool for testing and refining offers.

William from Browning Productions & Entertainment

Compared to the competition this product is the best I've seen for proposals.

Pros

It is much more aesthetically appealing than the competition, much easier to edit content, and easy to duplicate proposals. I noticed the tracking elements make it very useful for knowing how to take next steps with clients. And most of all the customer service it quick and excellent. Features are constantly improving.

Cons

The CRM integration is helpful, but could use more tags to make it more seamless. It also could use a second personal signature for contacts instead of one.

Cammy from Projectnfinity

Just what I was looking for! So far I love better proposals.

Proposals are always great with Better Proposals!

Pros

Here are a few features I like most about Better Proposals: They have a lot of templates to get you started with. No limits on the number of products or services I add in the proposal Videos can be embedded. Chat integration, for example, we can embed Zendesk Chat, on the proposals. and their Analytics. Love how it shows how much time a client have read the proposal page.

Cons

CRM integration requires a higher plan. No merge tags, yep, they currently do not have this. This feature is a HUGE necessity to save time and avoid errors, REALLY MUST IMPLEMENT! No API. I would love to have a slack integration aswell.

Response from Better Proposals

Replied June 2017

Hey Cammy, Thanks so much for the review. Massively appreciate it! Pleased to let you know that merge tags is now live. Slack integration will be coming at some point, as will an API. Thanks again and stay well. Adam

Shannon from Conversion Dojo

Send Beautiful Proposals and Save Dozens Of Hours Doing So

I save dozens of hours a month on proposal writing

Pros

When I used to create my own proposals, it would typically take me about 3-4 hours to create a custom proposal. With Better Proposals, I can create templates and add sections of content as needed, saving me about 2 hours on average for each custom proposal. Also includes open notifications and online signing .

Cons

They used to only have a handful of templates available but have since added over 100 templates to choose from.

Kathryn from KP Travel Group

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Beautiful Proposals

I'm a travel agent and wanted to improve my proposals for my clients. I tried out several proposal platforms and Better Proposals was my favorite. It's very easy to use and my clients love their proposals. I'm slowly creating templates for the resorts I sell and once those are done it takes me mere minutes to deliver a proposal. The analytics are incredibly helpful. I love Better Proposals and have been recommending it to my colleagues.

Pros

I'm able to quickly put together a beautiful proposal.

Cons

I wish I could copy/paste images instead of having to upload them.