Quotient Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Integrates with Xero and I like the ability to see when the customer has received and opened the quote. It's so easy to use and I wouldn't use anything else."
  • icon"We found several to choose from, and although this cost a little more than the others, we are pleased with our choice."
  • icon"Quotient feeds seamlessly into Xero matching quote numbers, job numbers and invoice numbers and making client management (at least in this area!) completely painless."
  • icon"Probably the only limitation of the software is to be able to do bulk edit of records such as products, quotes, etc."
  • icon"Sometimes I get a bit confused when trying to do some tasks. I sometimes get a bit confused around sending the cover email and viewing that cover once it's been sent."
  • icon"This feature needs some work. Often the quotes don't get passed the clients spam filters."

Have you used Quotient and would like to share your experience with others?

All Quotient Reviews

Quotient is amazing, quoting software!

Pros

We appreciated the ability quotient has to sync with Quickbooks. Have a quote approved by a client and you can set it to automatically create an invoice or a quote within Quickbooks or Xero. Also, quotients will pull items from Quickbooks directly and just makes the quoting process really fast and easy. You can quote either a one time, cost or recurring items also which is great for subscriptions.

Cons

For businesses that provide a small number of quotes, the least expensive monthly subscription option, maybe too costly. If there was perhaps a pay as you go plan. We feel that more businesses would be able to take advantage of the amazing functionality and quotients for their needs.

Rene

Great looking quotes using Quotient

I was asked to use this program without any real training and was amazed at how easy it is to use. Very straight forward. Only thing I would caution is that you take the time to set it up properly because just like any other program, if it's not, it will lead to costly mistakes which has been the case with my current employer.

Pros

Quotient is easy to use, provides multiple options that customers can either click to add or not click if not interested, giving you a great tool to up-sell some of your products while leaving your customer in control. It gives you the option to attach valuable PDF information about the product you are recommending in your quote, it reads easily, looks great, allows you to see your margin and tracks how many times and when, your quote has been viewed, so you always know if the deal is still alive. Customer support, although not used very often, is stellar.

Cons

Can't say I have any cons at this point.

Quoting made easy

Quotient's customer service was great. The free 30 day trial allowed us to have a good test of the features and functionality we need. We really enjoyed the communication capture between quote person and customer. However, we found it lacking for complex quoting. If you have less than 500 items in your catalogue and you don't need complex pricing, Quotient would be a great fit.

Pros

Quotient has a very nice look and feel. Especially the quotes that get delivered to customers. Very nice presentation. When you send the quote to your customer, they get a link to a website. On the website, they can put notes against any quote line, change order quantity, etc. When you customer is ready to sign off the quote, they do it all electronically. All the correspondence between you and the customer captured in the quote and the quote revisions.

Cons

While the UI and customer experience is excellent, the administrative set up and usage lacks a lot of features. If you only need to quote basic items, it works fine. But if you have more complex quoting requirements, Quotient may not be right for you. - Product code - 30 character limit - Search is limited to looking for the beginning of a part code/desription string. If you are looking for a search term in the middle of a string, you won't find it. - Exporting data is not good. You can export quote summaries, but you cannot export at the quote line level of detail. (You can print to pdf, but you cannot extract the entire quote to csv). - You can set up multiple items with the same part code and description. Quotient does not protect against duplicates. - No functionality for quantity break pricing.

Justin

Quotient. Just. Works.

I have been a user of Quotient since October of 2015. From day one I have found this to be a fantastic tool. I feel strongly that tools should make me more productive and allow me to produce better quality work. Quotient checks all the boxes. Quotes are an everyday part of my work, I have used documents, spreadsheets, database tools, all of them leave something to be desired. With Quotient I can generate an attractive quote in minutes (sometimes seconds!) I can see if the client opened it, follow up if I need to, and all the while the tool is tracking my successes and failures. If only I could get the rest of my business software to be this easy. I love simple! Simple is Hard! Thank you to the Quotient team to making one aspect of my business simple.

Pros

It's simplicity, it does what it supposed.

Cons

I haven't found any, cons are based on expectations not being met, I wanted a tool to help me efficiently prepare and deliver quotes. It does that beautifully. No cons here.

Nigel

Takes the chore out of quoting - so much so that it almost becomes fun!

I used to hate quoting. Opening Excel, reminding myself of my current costs, adding mark-ups and then writing the whole thing out in Word. PDFing the document, emailing it to the client and then chasing them up if you haven't heard back. A time consuming chore. And what a difference Quotient has made. Easy to set-up templates, customisable with a few design options, professional looking, auto-fill fields (which can be a bit of a nuisance sometimes, to be honest), a great dashboard and you can see when quotes have been opened. Plus you're reminded to prompt clients if you haven't heard a response and there's a digital fingerprint if the quote is approved. But for me, the best feature is that you can add in optional items that the client can choose to select/deselect with the quote automatically recalculating accordingly. This feature alone has saved me hours as a lot of the jobs we do have a number of options. Overall, a great product.

Pros

The optional fields.

Cons

Sometimes the autofill can catch you out if you have a few subtle variations in your text.

Conor

The single most valuable tool for my business.

I run a small digital agency in Ireland. We provide quotes for website and digital services to new clients. Quotient has allowed me and my business to appear really professional to business customers. As we do more quotes- quotient learns our most used products and packages and creating quotes becomes faster and more efficient the more we use this tool. Hand on heart - this is the simplest, most effective on line software for quoting. (Oh, and it connects with my accounts - xero. Although I don't really use that function. But that's my problem - I will soon!)

Pros

Fast, easy, great value!

Cons

Errmmm. Will let you know If I find one.

Kathryn

Industry: Architecture & Planning

PERFECTION

INCREDIBLY happy! So easy to set up and the perfect functionality for what we needed!

Pros

I have been trying and trying to find something that works well with Quickbooks online invoicing and Quickbooks Payments. All the CRM software companies want you to use their invoicing systems. It was so frustrating. This is SEAMLESS with QB!!! I love it!!!

Cons

I would love a little more design customization on the templates/forms.

Reasons for switching to Quotient

Quickbooks Online integration

Great app

Pros

Quotient has streamlined my quoting and made life easier, it looks good and professional – my customers seem to find it easy to navigate and has helped my closing rate

Cons

Sometimes customers don’t realise that they have to access the quote via a link in the body of the email, instead of in an attachment, but most people work it out quickly

Graham

Industry: Environmental Services

Beware of significant pricing increases

No notice on pricing changes and got no response when I questioned the 50% increase

Pros

I liked the software and that it integrated with our CRM (Insightly). The setup was easy and pretty useful.

Cons

less than 6 months after signing up I got a 50% price increase with zero notice. If you are going to make this part of your business watch out as they can jack your pricing at will with no notice. I also did not like that they don't have a pricing structure for small businesses other than jumping in to double the price per license.

Good quoting system but a little on the pricey side

Pros

Historically I have spent hours creating quotes for clients. I found with Quotient it's easy to create a quote quickly and track when customers receive, read and sign these quotes.

Cons

The search function wasn't powerful enough for me and I did find the pricing on the high side for what it is.

Richard

August 2016

An online price quoting tool that is everything you need and nothing you don't

Quotient is all you need and nothing you don't for online client proposals. We assessed several online proposal platforms, dismissing them one by one as complicated, over featured, time consuming to configure. Then we found Quotient and haven't looked back.

Pros

Simple setup Professional templates Easily configurable for different proposal types Brilliant customer service Excellent value for money

Cons

Not designed as yet for large scale sales teams. Would prefer a digital signature system over ticking a box to accept a proposal.

Mitch

Industry: Security and Investigations

Impressed, great system.

I have found a profound increase in sales since adopting this software for quotes. It has streamlined the process and with reuse or change quote to template, it saves allot of time. When I had a question or issue, responses were quick and accurate. I highly recommend this software. Being cloud based it also makes it easy to work from multiple locations and change a quote in front of a customer and they have the copy for approval in seconds. I look forward to more updates and features in the future. Thanks for simplifying my ability to provide quick quotes to my customers. Mitch

Pros

Ease of use, Template power and ability to create templates on the fly. Customer acceptance of quotes greater than 60%, far higher than before I used this system

Cons

I would like the ability to have a downloaded copy of my data in the event of data loss

Tiffany

Best out there

Very useful for my travel business. One of the only services of its kind that allows you to add photos and links easily. The layout is very clean and professional. It would be perfect if it had the ability to accept payments and signatures but that is just me dreaming. Still the best on the market!

Pros

very clean and professional looking layout

Cons

Would like to be able to add options under each individual item. For instance I sell travel, would love to be able to add different room categories instead of making a duplicate item. That can get a bit confusing.

Andy

What a time saver!

We've really adopted Quotient quickly and have used the templates function to quickly build quotes, include blocks of standard text, that display like mini-proposals. Three of us have been using it during the past couple of weeks and have quickly got to grips with it. We are now really confident in rolling out to our team, confident that they will produce consistently high-quality quotes. We know they are going to love it. We have used the support function to ask advice and the response was quick and helpful.

Jessica

August 2016

Fantastic, so easy to use

We spend a lot of time quoting daily. Prior to using Quotient we tested our some CRM's with a quoting capability but nothing offered us a simple, quick and efficient way of quoting.

Pros

So easy to use!

Cons

There really isn't many cons to using Quotient.

Jean-Pierre