• Pros

• "It is easy to use. We have constant changes and it is quick to update!"

• "The system is easy to use and navigate through. Integration to Sage500 was seamless."

• "So easy to use, even with complex parts and many options for a custom manufacturing environment."

• Cons

• "The biggest aspect of difficulty would be learning the system, however, once you understand it is easy and effective. "

• "Sometimes, when things have been added recently, it can be a little buggy or slow to compute your selections. This issue seems to work itself out over time though."

• "overall happy. sometime wish could get more info to automatically come up or should i say move to new order. once used to it happy. "

Browse Verenia CPQ Reviews

Brian from PG enlighten

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great end user interface

Excellent

Pros

This software allows for a seamless and direct quoting platform and configuration for the end user. This saves time, money, and also provides a polished and professional output. It also allows for built in forecasting and follow up.

Cons

Nothing other than a little education to make sure configuration is accurate. All the tools are built-in

Response from Verenia

Replied August 2018

Hi Brian - Thanks for the great review! Our commitment to customer satisfaction is our #1 priority!

Justin from Allied Maker

Industry: Furniture

Excellent Software!

I enjoy using the software, it boosts my productivity and is fun to use!

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and allows me to quickly and accurately enter our product information.

Cons

The accuracy of the program necessitates extra mouse clicks.

Reasons for Switching to Verenia CPQ

Verenia has a lot more features that help grow our business.

Heidi from RenewAire LLC

Industry: Machinery

First time round

I was not a direct creator of our software platform but it is pretty easy to use. Verenia's contacts are very helpful and easy to work with. However, I am not sure we were prepared big picture and got tripped up a bit along the way.

Pros

There are a lot of options on how to create your platform.

Cons

You really need to have a clear view in mind before you get started to be sure the overall flow works long term.

Lara from GoCardless

Verenia CPQ is the Configuration and operation software.

In Verenia CPQ we have different functionalities like product configurator, pricing engine, quoting system, proposal management, and contract & order entry/order negotiations. As we have a product configurator in Verenia CPQ so we can create bundle offers and discounts and also, we can adjust the price according to customers, rules, and situations. In this, we can save proposal templates and have a pre-templates proposal and we can send it to any company in one click. We can control any type of contract with the help of this CPQ.

Pros

I like this software for its stability and work function and this software awesome for company data analysis. I can completely organize the dynamic rate details and company budgets. I am very happy to use this software because I can adjust my company discounts and control prices according to my requirements. Verenia CPQ product functionality is very easy to use and less complex so that anyone can use it perfectly.

Cons

The speed of the system is slow it needs a high internet speed connection otherwise I can't find any serious problem while working with Verenia CPQ.

Carrie from APP Manufacturing

Industry: Oil & Energy

Verenia CPQ - AMAZING if you find yourself spending time creating items, BOMs, Routers in NetSuite

We have had a wonderful experience with Verenia and their staff. Everyone is very helpful and knowledgeable. I could not imagine using NetSuite without our Verenia add-in.

Pros

The Verenia CPQ has saved us a full time employee workload by creating new items for us in NetSuite using standardized item names, descriptions, pricing, BOM, Router, etc. It's helped streamline the quoting process by making it simple enough for anyone to create our quotes, allows us to get quotes back to our customers very quickly and is a completely customizable tool.

Cons

We have a small staff and need less than their 5 license minimum but it's still worth the spend to us.

Zack from APP MFG

Industry: Oil & Energy

Once you've used it, you won't want to be without it

Overall I cant imagine going back to having to do my job without it!

Pros

I appreciate that it allows for me to streamline my quoting process and allows me to properly quote a product as a full assembly while also providing me with a unique part number that references the components involved, making production much easier as well.

Cons

It took a little bit of time and effort to really get everything set up in a cohesive and productive way, but customer support was a huge help in doing so and really made the process as painless as possible, even if tedious.

Jonathan from Tecnosinergia

Industry: Wholesale

Really helpfull

We like the CPQ because it helps a lot our sales rep to have a complete picture of the catalog when they are doing a sales order, also we incremented our sales by adding the addons functionality

Pros

It redesign the concept of creating sales orders in Netsuite, it gives the ability to our sales rep to see the complete catalog and to find the products that the customer is seeking

Cons

It's a little complicated to do the implementation and the administration if you want to do changes

Charles from Kentucky Trailer

Verenia CPQ; great product

Great support from the Verenia staff through the evaluation, acquisition and implementation of the CPQ program. This program is a good value in every aspect.

Pros

Straight forward and easy to implement program that dovetails well with SalesForce

Cons

Interface capability with ERP systems would be attractive.

Stefani from APP Manufacturing

Can you Point & Click?

This software allows even non-technical individuals to build parts and therefore quote as long as they can understand the choices. The ability for visual aids on the screen and limiting choices are critical in assiting with the quoting process of complex/custom parts.

Pros

Cons

Would like a few more free-flow/notes fields that can transfer over to quotes in NetSuite.

roger from Foot Levelers

Industry: Medical Devices

easy to use

Makes my job somewhat easier as I can get more info into my work.

Pros

overall ease of use for someone who isnt a computer use person.

Melissa from SoundOff Signal

Great Sales & Customer Service Tool

Our team that works with Verenia CPQ has done a great job at communicating our needs and Verenia CPQ understands these needs and works very hard to provide a product and updates specific to our company. I look forward to the great things Verenia CPQ will provide in the future.

Pros

The best part of this software is that it helps our Customers understand our configured products so much better. Trying to explain a configuration over the phone or even in an email can be difficult to understand if you are not familiar with our products. With this software we can provide details and even images that clear up confusion and help our customers.

Cons

Not having an end user (public account). I like the fact that we can set up our customers so they can see their pricing, discounts, etc. We just have a lot of end users who are looking for a distributor to purchase from but they want the hands on to be able to go in and build their configuration. It would be great to see just a basic account that could do configurations and allow print outs of what was configured but not necessarily save all these configurations.

Eric from KZ-RV

Four years in, still the best configurator I have used

We continue to expand our use of this software. It is flexible and customizable. With Verenia CPQ, if we can think it, we can do it. I have had the opportunity to program and use several configurators during my career, and this is hands down the best.

Pros

One of the best aspects of Verenia CPQ is its ease of use. We use it primarily for order entry, and when new salespeople join our workforce, they are able to pick it up quickly and aren't hindered by struggling to learn new software. Customer support is outstanding and always has been. In the 4+ years I've been using this software, there have been very few issues, and those few have been dealt with quickly and with excellent communication from Verenia.

Cons

I have yet to find anything that I dislike about the software. I would like to be able to group users in more specific and detailed ways than I can currently, but that in no way hurts business or slows us down.

Jeff from Lodder's Marine

Industry: Maritime

Excellent product. Easy to use. No customer complaints.

I use this on a daily basis and highly recommend it due to it's ease of use and explanation of the pontoons and options.

Pros

As the sales manager for a Bennington pontoon dealership approx. 80% of our Bennington sales are custom ordered pontoons. This software is extremely easy for our sales staff and our customers to build their pontoons, send the build to my desk, and easy for me to price quotes. The customers as well as our sales staff really like the info icon on options that actually show what the option looks like.

Cons

As I stated our sales staff and customers really like the info icon that shows what the option looks like. I would like to see more of this as well as percentages of customers that select that feature. This would help add more value to the options.

Guy from SoundOff Signal

EoS is coming on strong

EoS is getting bigger and better every day! Getting used to any new program can be a task in itself...but EoS does a good job of keeping it simple and easy to get accustomed to. The Tree Layout makes it all appear perfectly and their new layout for Maintenance really helps you navigate around through your products and areas of a product easily. The best part of using EoS is the fact it is a developing product that is solid already. What this means is if you find tiny things that don't seem right the program is not a dead program so they are there to actually assist you and potentially will add in more options for the masses (if they can't help you find a way around your situation). Speaking of finding a way around your situation...there are limitless ways for that to happen. Though the product is structured and has it's own strict guidelines it also has a CodeExec area which is very open and can do almost anything you can figure out how to write code for. So the limitations to the structure don't end up limiting your creativity or end design to you wish to achieve. Now for the cons...and there are few...as a developing program there are MANY changes that come through often and can cause you to have to adjust your process and thoughts...but they do not "Break" your configurations (Good news!). There also can be little bugs...though I don't know of any major items that weren't squashed way back in Beta. On the flip side though this con is overcome easily as they ARE actively developing every day and as noted with my 5 Star rating their Customer Service is Top Notch (unlike some other software). I would recommend this program/service to any company looking to get into Product Configuration. It really is very powerful and from what I have seen over the last couple of years will continue to grow and get even better!

Jason from SOUNDOFF SIGNAL

Industry: Public Safety

Pros

I love being able to see what we are building in EOS. The options are great and the ease of changing said options makes for a smooth product creation. I am excited for the option for our end users to get their hands on this. I like that we will be able to create purchase orders directly from the system. This will make it easier for smaller companies to submit their orders to us.

Cons

We have issues sometimes connecting to our CRM. That is currently being worked on.

anna from Freedman Seating

easy to customize

n/a

Pros

that you can add and change things back and forth , our industry adds and changes options to product or product itself all the time , it makes it easy to set it up and use right away.

Cons

there is one feature - once the orders is set up and we would like to change the set up in the header or change something that applies to all line items , you have to start a new order or adjust line items one by one, it would be nice if that was automated

Sue from Bennington

Very Customizable Software with excellent support from the EosCPQ team

Our requirements are very demanding and complex. The Verenia Team has worked side by side with us to meet the challenges and produce an excellent Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) and Lead, Sales Order, Parts Order, Warranty, Registration, Serial Tracking System! Along with this, the tools are available to create programs and reports with elaborate calculations. The Verenia Team has helped us create all the interfaces between our ERP and Shipment Tracking to eliminate redundant maintenance and manual updating. Security is baked in, to allow levels of access to all the menus/options available. We have just released our 3 version of the software and are ecstatic with the results. When we first went live with the CPQ, the speed was really slow. (Intolerable) It also didn't work well on iPads at first. We brain-stormed as a team and over 4 months increased the speed immensely. The software now works with all browsers. Recommendations to others considering the product: Plan for extra development if your demands are very complex. What business problems are you solving? What Benefits have you realized? We are providing our dealership network with a full service portal where they receive their leads based on consumers building product that is pushed right to their Quotes & Orders work bench. Leads can be quoted, then orders placed, external sales reps approve and plan shipments, to internal sales acceptance. Orders are put into our ERP and the invoiced info with serial numbers is pushed back to the web for warranty registration, service tracking for parts and warranty. We use the CPQ to create our specs and order forms, and reports for dealers. This is the front end to our total selling process.

Chet from INAP

NetSuite CPQ

It's been a good experience so far.

Pros

After implementation, it has been fairly simple to maintain and manage

Cons

The interface can be improved to a more modern look.

Scalability

Response from Verenia

Replied July 2020

Thanks for the review Chet. Our NetSuite product is made to look 100% like the Netsuite interface because it's built natively inside NetSuite, being the only Native CPQ for Netsuite. Our agnostic product Atlas works with any ERP company and has a reimagined and modern UX.

Jessie from RenewAire

Easy to use for Non-Software Engineers

Pros

It is simple to set up basic UI's and manage long tree structures. The rule based structure is easy to learn and manipulate.

Cons

1. The change log functionality is very poor. 2. Getting a response from a quote request for changes from Verenia can take MONTHS. 3. There is no way to check spelling in your rules, so if there is a typo that references back to nothing built into the UI, it can be a very time-consuming effort to determine why the rule isn't firing appropriately.

Tom from SoundOff Signal

Industry: Law Enforcement

Very user friendly...

Accurate information and builds. We used to use an Excel Document for configuring products...

Pros

We manufacture custom light bars and other vehicle related products. The configurator makes it easy to build products for customers and give them a visual of what the bar looks like. It also automatically calculates their discount which is a nice feature.

Cons

Being able to cut and paste to duplicate the build for a different company. Many of our configurations are common across multiple agencies...

Marlene from KZ RV

Industry: Wholesale

Verenia Review

Verenia has been extremely accommodating. Always willing to help and problem solve.

Pros

Cons

Can't think of anything that comes to mind.

Reasons for Choosing Verenia CPQ

Because of ease to do business with. Also cost was affordable.

Nathan from Elliott Tool Technologies

January 2016

Great software, incredible company!

I was the project manager that lead the implementation of EosCPQ for my company. We had a very aggressive timeline for implementing a new CPQ with a new CRM. I can't say enough good things about the Verenia team and their effort. Without their help we would not have been able to hit our deadline and deliver a significantly better quoting experience for our sales team. The software is really good. It has a lot of flexibility and is very easy to use with just a little bit of training. Our company had a CPQ prior to switching to Eos that was much more complicated and difficult to use. So the users are much happier with the ease of use in Eos. We were able to also integrate Eos with our new CRM and our ERP system. This has allowed us to get a much better workflow for our sales people, and to pass the quotes directly to our ERP system as sales orders, which has saved a lot of time from re-rentering information from the quote into a sales order. All of these improvements are making a very positive impact on our business and has been received well by our sales team that has to use the system on a daily basis. As I mentioned before, we were able to implement two new systems (EosCPQ and CRM) in less than 6 months in order to time the launch with a slower business period to make it easier for our team to adapt to the new systems. None of this would have been possible without Eos or the great team at Verenia that helped us pull this off. I would highly recommend this to anyone that's considering a new CPQ.

Josh from General Communications

Industry: Public Safety

EoS was made for daily use

Being able to configure one off products for customers within minutes, as well as having those designs saved and ready for a later date, is priceless.

Pros

The simplicity of the program itself, is what makes me like it the most.

Cons

Response from Verenia

Replied November 2019

Thanks for your feedback Josh. We appreciate you as a customer and your business!

Chelsi from Pontoon Boat LLC

Industry: Sporting Goods

Great!

They are quick to respond and easy to work with. We have a lot of information for our product and have made it very manageable for us.

Pros

It is easy to use. We have constant changes and it is quick to update!

Cons

Sometimes slow but we have a log of information to our product

Matt from SoundOff Signal

We use the software for our configured products to layout the design before carrying over to manufacturing.

Pros

Ease of use with graphical illustrations of configured products.

Cons

Pictures sometimes don't carry over to PDF

Terence from Freedman Seating Company

Freedman Configurator Review

Pros

It's fast. It does not hang like some software I've used in the past.

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment.

Reasons for Switching to Verenia CPQ

The old system was not as useful as it was intended to be.

Brittany from Parkwood Products

Review on Verenia

Overall, the team is very helpful when there is an issue and always resolve it quickly.

Pros

This software has great features that enables you to set up in a way that works best for you. Adding shortcuts to areas you use most or downloading reports with accurate data.

Randy from Kentucky Trailer

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Verenia CPQ Met and Exceeded our Needs

Our experience has been positive. Pricing errors have been reduced and we have have a better insight into our dealer networks sales activity.

Pros

Verenia CPQ greatly reduced the time required to quote prices to our customers. It was built to be intuitive and was a game changer for us.

Cons

We use Verenia CPQ for a narrow band of trailers that have standard features. It is not a good tool for projects with unique features and complexity.

Steven from Allied Maker

Verenia Review

Overall, Verenia has made a world of difference for the better in our company. We're able to increase both quantity and quality of quotes and orders for our clients.

Pros

I love Verenia because it's allowed us to fine-tune our quote and order making abilities to accommodate the extremely custom fixtures we produce.

Cons

It's a bit clunky sometimes and slow clicking in and out of orders.

Cassandra from RenewAire, LLC.

Visually Pleasing and Easy to Use

Pros

In the way that I use the program every day, it's simple and easy to use.

Cons

I have heard around the office that it's hard to get things changed in the background when there are issues.

Alex from Parkwood Doors

Parkwood Doors

Quoting is much more efficient

Pros

Makes doing quotes super easy, Can get 50% more quotes out per day

Cons

The initial moving across took a little time but is all working well now.

Matthew from Dealer Industries

Orders made easy

Helps keep me organized. Couldn’t imagine my job without it.

Pros

The ability to search an select accurate products.

Cons

Sometimes I do not understand how to fully use this product.

Cassy from Elliott Tool Technologies

January 2016

Quality product with very responsive customer service and ongoing positive updates

The software is very customizeable, flexible and is extremely helpful for quoting the various configurations of a wide range of 20,000+ part numbers. The team at Verenia is also very responsive and works diligently to help solve any challenges. They really go above what was expected from a vendor. Overall, this software offers more easy of use for administrators, ensures accurate part numbers are quoted and decreases the time required for sales to get quotes to customers. There were a few, small features that were lacking, but the team worked hard to implement our suggestions in an update and help us in creating alternate ways to do what we needed to do to solve our business challenges. What we accomplished with EosCPQ: -Decrease the time it takes for users to send quotes to customers. -Ensure accuracy of customer information by implement the quoting software with our CRM customer database. -Decrease the time it takes to add new part number configurations to the quoting software. -Easier for admins to make modifications and changes that are required in the CPQ.

Heather from United Group, Inc

Industry: Furniture

Perfect for Us

Great customer service - tech savy AND user friendly. They worked to understand our business first and then made the system work for us.

Pros

Multifunction - This benefits both our sales and production team, saving time on quotes and part number set up. Phased Approach - We are rolling out internally, then to our dealers and then looking to build out the visual elements to make it even better for the end user.

Cons

Nothing at this time - just wish it could configure more hours in the day!

Reasons for Choosing Verenia CPQ

Verenia integrated with Netsuite making our internal system/process seemless.

Michael from KZRV

Great software

Pros

We've used this software for over five years with few problems. The customer support and management team are first rate and very responsive. Implementing creating sales orders with our ERP was quite easy.

Cons

Personally haven't had any problems with the software.

Bryan from Elliott Tool Technologies

Great Software and Great Partners

EOS CPQ was everything we wanted in a quoting system. It has allowed us to fully customize the software to fit the needs of the sales team and our customers. Pros: Flexible framework that allows you to tailor the experience for your users. We have been able to make many enhancements over our previous quoting solution, while not losing any functionality. We have also been able to integrate EOS with other business systems to make a seamless process from first contact with the customer in CRM to the order being placed in our ERP tool. This has allowed us to eliminate duplicate data entry and streamline these processes. Cons: There were a few features early on that we lacking that were must haves for us and the Verenia team stepped up and built many of them into the base functionality of the system. They have been great partners to work with and we continue to look forward to working together! Overall this has been a great 4 month period working with EOS CPQ and there will be an easily achievable ROI!

Noah from warners stellian

Verenia review

my overall experience with it is great. its a great system

Pros

The multifunctionality the softwate offers.

Cons

Some times when we are very busy the loading process can be slower than we would like.

Ranesha from Warners Stellian

Great Experience

Pros

Very easy to manage and navigate to look up customer information.

Cons

One of the challenges is when the customer may have a builder account and it is hard to find the information

Meghan from RenewAire

Simple but pretty robust

Pros

It is easy to use even without an extensive coding background. It makes the configure to quote process so much faster which really pleases customers.

Cons

Sometimes I wish there were more options for customization of how you can display things. But I understand there are only limited options in order to keep the usability easy for everyone

David from Kentucky Trailer

Great Product. Modernized our selling process!

Capture product knowledge, reduce quoting time, reduce quoting errors create platform for future salesperson training.

Pros

Verenia CPQ has allowed us to capture tribal knowledge of a veteran sales team, significantly reduce quoting time, and eliminate quoting errors. And the implementation was easy...no coding knowledge required!

Cons

Verenia has been great about adding custom functionality that they haven't done before, but it took quite a bit longer than they estimated / promised.

June 2015

jessica from Freedman Seating

June 2015

User friendly for all employees

as a new employee, I love the fact it is very easy to use. I was able to login and immediately use with some training. It has allowed me to learn as i go. It's straight forward and simple. I can complete a job in 1/2 the time it would take me to search for all the information, instead it's just a click away. we can also customize this program as our options increase for our clients. Our company is expanding in the rail and marine markets and therefore so will our workload. Benefits- Our customers' orders are custome so we need to cater to all of their requests. This application allows us to quickly enter our orders, customize features/options and complete our tasks so we can meet our tight deadlines. Remember our custsomer comes first, so anything we can do to service them quickly and efficiently is always a plus.

February 2016

Keri from Bennington

February 2016

A Rock Solid Foundation

EOS CPQ was exactly what our company needed to begin building our custom configurator that is now known as one of the very best in the business. EOS CPQ is a solution in and of itself, but our requirements involved quite a bit of customization. The combination of the product, and the amazing Verenia team that supports it, put our company in a position where we were only limited by our own imaginations. As a Developer/Programmer, I love that it gave me a solid foundation, but didn't lock me in a box. EOS CPQ has a little bit of a learning curve at first. After that, someone with just basic computer skills can use it to build a great system, and someone who understand code can really take it to the next level. It's the best of both worlds.

September 2015

Jammi from SoundOff Signal

September 2015

Eos takes control of the endless possibilities

EoS is such an intuitive program. In working with configurations there are just so many options that it can become rather daunting. This program takes you from the beginning to the end seamlessly. Saving time and energy along the way. The thing I like best about this program is how easy it is to understand. I can talk someone who has almost no computer skills through this program with complete ease. Which makes us look great and leaves the customer with a sense of accomplishment and confidence that things were done the right way, the first time.

Response from Verenia

Replied September 2015

Jammi - We've very happy to have you as a customer. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever feel that you have less than a perfect experience with us.

Elizabeth from Freedman Seating

Not bad for a newbie :)

It was interesting for me because I was a fresh set of eyes to the new configurator as well. From the week experience I had with the original one, I can say that this is far more streamlined and more user friendly. I particularly like the prompts on the sidebar when parts don't match up, as well as not having to return back to the header should you need to select a different type of seat. It runs faster, DocLinking is no longer the nightmare it once was. All of the minor stuff that was part-specific was addressed by Vic and Jordan quickly. I think the team needed to do more testing/training for a smoother launch.

Tina from Freedman Seating Company

May 2015

This software solution made growth feel welcome, not daunting.

The whole process from start to finish took very little time and energy. The end result saved us hours of tedious, unpleasant calculations and left us with something that we do actually enjoy using. We were able to customize everything about the product to suit our company's culture and objectives. Our customers are happy because they're receiving faster more accurate information, even from new hires. Vic was pleasure to work with, he just gets it. We can't wait for next project. The hardest part really will be deciding what to tackle next.

Eric from KZRV

May 2015

A configurator that has been developed by people that know what configurators should do.

The EosCloudStore configurator is an outstanding product. It has been fun to learn and apply to our business. The support from Verenia is first rate. The few (very few) issues that have come up during our conversion process have been resolved quickly and accurately. Questions are answered in the same way. This feels like a configurator that has been developed by people that know what configurators should do - with a bottom to top approach to configuration that allows you to accomplish anything you want in the simplest way possible.

Dave from Freedman Seating Company

December 2015

It is a good start and with time should be quite useful.

There are still some bugs to be worked out. One feature that can be improved is that when you enter a fabric set # or part #, if you don't have it exactly right, it doesn't offer any choices. For example, I wanted to enter the floor tiles into an order so I typed "47726" and nothing came up. I had to type "47726-1N" to get it. It is the same thing with other part numbers where there are various suffixes. If you type in the parent #, none of the possibilities are shown. Also, I noticed when you copy a Configurator #, it keeps the original entry date and doesn't allow you to change it. That NEEDS to be changed. When you doclink orders, you still need to enter the dates manually. It would be nice if there was a calendar to click on to choose the ship date. When you are reviewing the lines on the Configurator #, it would be helpful if it showed whichever line you did last to help keep track of where you are, especially when there are a lot of lines.

October 2015

Chris from SoundOff Signal

October 2015

The Solution to our Problem

With minimal training for its use, I can knock out a quote in just a couple minutes. There is a visual layout of the product I've configured which reduces the opportunity for errors. Previously, we used Live PDF files with drop downs to make selections. This was tedious and time consuming and quite often, our customers would select an option that they didn't want. Not anymore! Cons??? none. but I'll like it even more when its fully functional from my Android phone....

Jessica from Freedman Seating Company

April 2015

Takes all the quoting headaches away!

This program was designed specific to our needs to help provide quotes to our customers in a timely manner. This product has saved us so much time and effort and truly increased our efficiency and productivity. A quote that used to once take 10 minutes to put together is now done with the push of a button. I cannot recommend Verenia's products enough. Verenia really knows how to deliver an excellent product and great customer service and responsiveness to bat.

Scott from KingFisher Boats

Excellent - exceeding expectations

It was a lot of work getting product up and running where we needed it to be (in working seamlessly with our ERP system), but have now found that the possibilities are vast and anything we want we can make that happen. This is the next step for us as a manufacturer and will vastly improve the way we do things. Now that we have Eos working we just carry on from there in making the product do what we would like it to do.