All Bluescape Reviews

Best Collaborative Tool Ever

Most of my team was initially afraid of Bluescape but now that we've been using it for awhile we are finding more and more uses for it. What started as a presentation tool has become part of our fabric as a company.

Pros

I love that Bluescape keeps my team on track - since we use it for our ongoing meetings and training our new employees have access to several years of collective knowledge in an organized, intuitive workspace.

Cons

Having multiple users dropping in content often means documents are scaled inconcistently. Through training of our users we have gotten better about this.

Lana

Great emerging tool!

I love using this tool to facilitate the design process and collaborating through a design process. I do wish there was more flexibility on the visual front: I liked being able to change background color of text boxes.

Pros

I love how I can post various file types in one visual place. It's flexibility is fantastic, especially if the user creates some kind of order/template to work within.

Cons

Conversations or too hidden. Comments are not easy to go through - there isn't a way to grab comments and create tasks out of them... or to integrate into a task managment app.

Reasons for choosing Bluescape

not my choice.

Sara

meh

Pros

I like that it is real time, collaboration. I appreciate that I can drop in large files for others to grab.

Cons

There are so few people that use it. It just feels like another software on my desktop. I don't use it often.

Abigail

September 2022

I mostly love Bluescape!

Pros

I can't imagine doing this kind of work without Bluescape. It's so easy to get moving quickly and get everyone on the same page with all the information in the same spots.

Cons

I HATE the little lines it always wants me to draw. I never want to make a connecting line or duplicate a box. I just want to move boxes. Why does it always assume I want a box to be orange with black text? I've literally never wanted that but every single time I make a text box it comes up that way. The dialogue boxes closing after selecting a background color is really annoying too. It should stay open so I can then pick my text color. Too much clicking around.

Philip

September 2022

Architects Thougths

Pros

The ability to use it as a collaboration meeting/white board space where mulitple people can be commenting/sketching/marking up at the same time.

Cons

The ability to output professional looking documents/ sketches from the space.

Evgeni

Industry: Animation

A lot of potential, still missing important features and still too buggy.

A lot of potential, still lacking some very useful features and still has sometines unpredictable (buggy) behavior. Will contiue using it hoping that gradually it will improve. Already a big convenience compared to Zoom only meetings & classes.

Pros

* The potential ability to collaborate and keep all the elements in a visually clear virtual workspace: my line of work & teaching is heavily visual and having instant access to all the images in an organized and easy to scroll through environment is very useful.

Cons

* Inability to 'annotate' (draw over) in 'PRESENT' mode. This creates a huge inconvenience for my classes and I have ti revert to using Zoom & share screen for this part. * The students can't vew the content of PDF documents with 'vewer' only priviledges: they can see only the front page of the document but can not flip through the pages. This goes for Keynote and Power Point as well. Some of the lectures are proprieatary and while I need the students to be able to access them at their own time& convenience for reference, I have to give them 'viewer' status only so they don't download or alter them (a possibility if I invite them as 'editors'). A 'viewer' should be able to view a document or a presentation, not just the front page. * Still buggy: for example, switching 'leaders' during a meeting does not always work. Even if the participan's list on the left shows the leader we switched to, students still see the screen of the previous leader even if the 'eye' is off. This happens accasionally but not always. * Aside from 'undo', having a 'redo' option would be very convenient. * Some students get kicked out of the workspace and can't login: they receive messages that their passwords are incorrect. This can not be the real problem in most of the cases as they use their college credentials and passwords which work just fine on the college servers. The emails from Bluescape with the password reset links or code never arrive (not in the SPAM folder either).

Great Collaborative Tool

Use it as a central place to keep style information allowing users to access / comment

Pros

Easy / fast to upload images and add comments, relativity easy interface. Easy to access remotely and edit.

Cons

Selecting items on a Canvas can be tricky, no way to easily select items one by one, you have to use the sidebar to change to marque, and even then the selection box will select items other than images you have to de-select (i.e. background box, etc.) Constantly get reconnecting message even when internet is connected fine. Can not zoom out to see entire contents of workspace if you have lots of canvases.

Kalvin

Very positive user experience

The benefits in group meetings can be seen with many people sharing the same space to share their information and visuals

Pros

Bluescape is very intuative, it's easy to create a space and share information with colleagues that's easy to view and interact with

Cons

So far, I haven't found any cons with the software

Agnes

November 2022

We use Bluescape for teamwork, it is a huge help to show our design examples in one page, or prepare for a collaboration with other team in the company.

Pros

I like that everything can be visible on only one site, it is easy to navigate and place a link if needed.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow to load everything.

Graham

Bluescape for a new Scrum Master

Pros

This has been an incredible product for running retrospectives and allowing the team to feel more willing to speak up and work together.

Cons

There so far hasn't been anything new or groundbreaking that I have noticed, though I will continue to use bluescape.

Marc

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Bluescape for real teamwork!

Why I use Bluescape every single day: It is visual and it’s laid out in the way you want to see it. It is super easy to use. It is flexible. It saves me a lot of time. It’s the best tool to generate real collaboration and innovation as everyone can get involved.

Pros

1. The Visual content of what is shared in Bluescape makes it the most efficient way for everyone in the team to understand and process the ideas. It is well recognized that visual data is processed a lot faster by the brain than text. 2. Teamwork: When everyone can SEE everything, it creates the best environment for ALL to engage and exchange and therefore to come up with amazing solutions/Innovations. 3. Easy to Use: It takes not more than 20-30min to start working with the platform and this is a huge advantage when you want/need to have everyone onboard.

Cons

I don't find part of the platform that I don't like. It augments everything I do/use and I like it.

Michelle

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Bluescape is essential for remote collabaoration

Really positive. I even had a suggestion for being able to edit comments before they were pinned, and the software developers fixed the problem in like 2 days!

Pros

I like that it allows us to collaborate as designers together, but apart.

Cons

Sometimes the tools (like the pens or erasers) are clunky and hard to find. I know they will be more refined as time goes on. I know this because the tools have gotten a lot easier to use in the last 2 years.

Response from Bluescape

Michelle, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear you've had a good experience over the years and you're able to collaborate together, but apart, with your team. Let us know what other suggestions you have - we love hearing feedback!

Alison

Industry: Architecture & Planning

So helpful when working from home!

Pros

Bluescape was so helpful when all of our teams were working from home! It allowed us to leave work up for review and collaborate as a team as if we were around one table in the office.

Cons

We have been unable to @everyone and get all team members tagged and this would be so helpful if fixed!

Response from Bluescape

Alison, thank you so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape has helped you and your teams work from home as if you're around a table in the office. That's exactly what it's meant for! Thank you for the feedback about @everyone - I will pass this to the product team :)

Alexander

Game changer for visual creative teams

Having everything laid out in a single space is such an amazing advantage to watch progress and see where we have been. Not having to dig through file names to pull something up has changed the entire approach and ease to the cross pollination of the different aspects of team member's work. Having the entire library of work to choose from at my fingertips has made an amazing change in efficiency and onboarding new crew, and clarifying ideas to active crew.

Pros

Being a remote and international team, Bluescape has been essential to create to space that a art boardroom or story room would, where ideas and images and process can be shared and reviewed together and on one's own time.

Cons

Buggy, lags, the alert system is unreliable or maybe i am not aware of my settings.

Response from Bluescape

Alexander, thanks so much for your review! Love that Bluescape is helping you re-create the art room and story room. That cross-pollination, as you mentioned, is so important. And having everything at your fingertips :) Sorry to hear about the lags. I will pass this feedback along. Let us know how we can help!

SYDNEY

Love the Functionality

It works amazing. Love the new features!!

Pros

The collaboration and file sharing. Keeping everything in one spot is so helpful.

Cons

It's expensive and hard to get the proper technology that works with the touchscreens.

Jin

The future is here

The benefits far surpass the downsides, and it is truly amazing and awe-inspiring of what Bluescape can do. Our team uses the tool on a daily basis, and have it opened pretty much the entire working hours. I personally use it several times a week, and pretty much every time we have a virtual meeting (every meeting is virtual due to the geographical challenges), we use Bluescape.

Pros

Bluescape has some of the most innovative and futuristic features available. For example: - Huge canvas allows incredible amount of information to be kept in a single location - It's an amazing collaboration tool, and allows users to share the canvas and the workspace simultaneously, and also allows voice or video communication - Ability to create virtual desk, and literally, virtual desk with all the personal items including pictures, flowers, computers, etc. - Easy to share any files or tools via Bluescape - Perhaps the most functionally rich collaboration tool available

Cons

Perhaps because of so much functionality and capabilities, here are several down sides: - It can be a bit slow at times, and may require refreshing - Difficult to navigate on the phone - it's designed for computers, not phones, so understandable

Adam

Building a better experience

Having to work remote for months during the shutdown last year, we utilized Bluescape to communicate and collaborate with out of state and local clients. We were able to present multiple design presentations while at home which caused us to be able to land more contracts and keep our pipeline full with new work!

Pros

the ability to collaborate with clients in real time has improved our remote meeting capabilities

Cons

the video chat features are a bit primitive compared to other programs

Response from Bluescape

Adam, thanks so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape helped you land deals while working from home! Let us know how we can continue supporting you from home, the office, or... anywhere :)

Replied June 2021

Industry: Furniture

Bluescape Review

Pros

Great way to share knowledge and resources

Cons

Load time for assets, limited bandwidth to support a large amount of assets

Response from Bluescape

Michael, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear Bluescape is helping you share knowledge and resources. I understand about bandwidth in large workspaces. We will look into this.

Nathan