Accelo

Accelo Reviews

RATING:

• icon"But the most impressive is there is a client portal feature for our clients to collaborate on projects, accept quotes and view invoices."
  • icon"I also really like the triggers for alerts on budget/usage %, this automation has been very helpful."
  • icon"I wanted a great PSA, one that I could stand up quickly and get to work without hours and hours of churn. This fit the bill great."
  • icon"The proposal/ quoting functionality has been a disappointment."
  • icon"Accelo can definitely seem intimidating at first as there are a ton of menus that can take time to familiarize yourself with."
  • icon"There are a lot of rough edges, both poor UI choices and pieces that don't quite have the functionality expected."

All Accelo Reviews

Kim

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Problem solver

Meredith

The Best CRM!

We've centralized several different services into a single place with Accelo streamlining our work and eliminating loss of data.

Pros

Ease of use, completely customizable, thoughtful and useful features!

Cons

I wish I would have found it so much earlier than I did!

Services offered

Reasons for switching to Accelo

Accelo has everything in one place, it's actually made my job easier.

Denise

July 2022

Accelo is the perfect tool for our projects

Accelo is used to manage the whole project lifecycle, from creating tasks and allocating them to team members to tracking time and expenses. This program is great since it allows us to organize all of our customer information in one place, including notes, invoices, payments, and open tasks. When used together with other applications, such as Xero, Salesforce's sales cloud, PayPal, MailChimp, and social media platforms, it allows for optimal project growth.

Pros

I appreciate how flexible it is, since we are able to make changes to things like invoicing, branding, reports, and marketing campaign templates. It offers a full invoicing section where we can make our own invoices and modify existing ones, as well as invoice online and connect to Xero. The Gantt chart allows us to see the status of each work and the amount of time it takes in real time, and it makes it easy to create, assign, and track tasks for team members.

Cons

All of the software's modules have received glowing recommendations from the many departments that have used them. This is because the software is user-friendly and straightforward, easily adjusting to the specific requirements of each business and each project.

Reasons for switching to Accelo

Since the program included so many options, it took some time for the various teams to become proficient with it. The program would be ideal if it had a section for managing employees and payroll. Even with the technical support and lessons we were provided, configuring and migrating the software was a laborious process that required a lot of our time and attention.

Yashika

The versatility makes it extremely useful

Pros

I like that the whole sales pipeline can be handled through Accelo .You can track how much time any part of your sales process takes and also follow other agent performance ( if you have the necessary permissions ) . You can easily map out everything in advance and being able to visualize what needs to be done is very useful .

Cons

While you can generate invoices ,it is hard to automate the exact billing cycle you need .And there is a limited selection of currencies .

Time used: Free Trial

Run away! Terrible quality updates and the worst customer service. False advertising of integrations

The first reason we chose AffinityLive, now Accelo due to what was a great set of tutorials and video demos. We requested a live demo as they offer on their site however we we're keen to do a live demo and paid for a single subscription for a month so we could start trialling it until our request for a demo was requested. The front line tech I spoke to said I was ineligable for a demo as I had already purchased the product. The training videos are ancient or totally missing large parts of the product as they update so much so frequently its almost a new product every few weeks.... We we're flat out refused any demo despite it being advertised on their site. The actual product was nothing like the demo video so a live demo really would have helped us get off to a flying start. The second reason we committed to an early purchase in good faith that a live demo would be provided, was because it advertised integrations with Kaseya and Maxfocus that I was later told by both those businesses and staff at Accelo no longer worked. They are still advertised on the page despite my multiple complaints about the false advertising (Maxfocus has been Logic now for 6 months and they still advertise the integration on their homepage). Our account manager spoke to us three times in 14 months. Once when we had complaints about the lack of a demo which he also refused and then again to help us cancel our subscription, then one more time when they took a payment a month after we had cancelled our subscription and requested a refund.... Staff have no idea about their own product as it changes so drastically so often. A huge billing overhaul left us unable to invoice for three weeks! This was the final straw for us. We organised an export of most of our data (about 10 different exports required) but had missed the time on projects, we requested a copy of this data but they had deleted it all just three weeks later and were unable/unwilling to provide any policy document on data retention. The CEO is the rudest person I've ever spoken to. All sorts of threats about the first amendment despite me being Australian, them having an Australian office and being bound by Australian consumer law. The product is useless out of the box unless you purchase every premium and module they have. We were paying around $450AU each month for 2 techs! We're now using Atera at $89 per tech with integrated RMM with unlimited endpoints! Staff are amazing! couldnt be happier!

Response from Accelo

Daniel was obviously quite upset when he wrote this review. Unfortunately, it didn't represent reality at the time or since. Daniel's claim re: continuing to charge him and take payment after cancellation is mistaken, which he subsequently admitted: "My apologies, we're using Xero and it had lined up a debit with Accelo instead of the correct payment." Daniel's claim re: the CEO issuing threats is also mistaken. The only one making threats in the interaction between Daniel and Accelo was Daniel - he threatened to take legal action by specific deadlines if we didn't change our website: "Please remove the false advertising within 2 weeks.. or I will lodge my original claim with fair trading". We politely declined to modify our speech to fit with his (incorrect) opinions and reminded him that as a US company we have rights to free speech. While it is a shame that Accelo wasn't able to help Daniel's business, this review is not fair or accurate by the reviewers private admissions.

Replied August 2019

Shahidul

August 2022

A Wonderful Project Management Software!

Pros

It kind of changed a whole lot of my teams work ethic, and system. Helper us immensely with unique set of features, especially, syncing schedules, result tracking.

Cons

Nothing much really. Just that the pricing is on the higher side. Not a deal breaker though.

Response from Accelo

Hi Shahidul, thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're so glad to hear that Accelo's unique features are helping your team manage schedules and track results. Thank you again for your feedback!

Replied September 2022

Jessica

May 2022

Helps me stay on top of things and simplify my workload

Accelo helps me keep track of existing projects and give assignments to the right people. What I like most about it is how easy it is to see what the current status is at any given time. Having access to our company's email is a benefit to us as well, since we use the email integration.

Pros

One of the nicest features is the ability to attach email threads to specific clients or projects inside a company. In our previous program, we had to duplicate task lists and pray we didn't mess anything up by not being able to create project templates.

Cons

To have a good overview of the billing dashboard, you presently have to rely on the usage of filters, which isn't enough. At a glance, I'd want to know if an invoice has been delivered, received, and paid. The mobile app comes in second, but it falls well short of the online version in terms of functionality and is in desperate need of some love and care.

Reasons for switching to Accelo

Assigning responsibilities, raising awareness of the business, and reducing procedures are all part of the process. Viewing reports and integrating with business email are both possible options. Being able to spot a problem before it becomes a problem for an employee.

Opitimized and Automated our Workflow

Automated our business process from sale, to project, to billing. All of our team can interface and contribute seamlessly at any stage of the project. The price point is perfect and the Accelo support has been amazing.

Pros

We switched to Accelo after using other inferior products for 18 years. We have been pleased with the front-to-back automation that is now seamlessly running critical portions of our business. With Accelo, we have been able to place several business functions on one platform, where before, we had to use several products to accomplish the same thing - with little or no automation. We are now more automated and productive. Our team loves the product! With the current COVID pandemic, we have found ourselves having to do more with less. To meet these new challenges, we are taking full advantage of Accelo's Expert Services Program and have partnered with an Accelo Implementation Manager. The benefits to our team and bottom-line were immediate. When this crisis is over, we will recover quicker and grow our business with more confidence using the software.

Cons

We love the software. As others have stated, we wish that we had been using it years ago.

Reasons for choosing Accelo

Functionality, Cost, Customer Reviews, User Interface, Team buy-in, Integrations with other software, Automation, and It was the PERFECT FIT for our business

Reasons for switching to Accelo

We switched from our previous project management software (Quickbase), due to Accelo's ease of use, workflow automation - which runs our business. Cost was also important - we saved money by switching.

Christine

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Product Analyzer

I enjoyed working with both the Tech and Sales reps. The tech rep was awesome in answering any questions I had at any one time. We did several webinars where the tech and I worked through questions/issues I was having. They have great learning videos, and although I wasn't a part of it, they had a good setup and training program for the end user I was recommending them to. Not once was I told that I was asking too much and would need to purchase before getting answers.

Pros

I loved the analytics of this product. I was demoing several products for a client that was looking for a PM software that handled a lot of their issues. This software fit the bill. They let me demo it for over 2 months, as I also had a full time job at the time that interfered with my daily testing/playing time with it.

Cons

I pick up new software fairly easy. I did have a major learning curve with this software. But once I got over that it was smooth sailing from there on out.

Reasons for choosing Accelo

I researched over 20 and demoed 4 products and brought all 4 to the table with pros and cons that I found with each of them. Mavenlink I thought was overpriced compared to the others. I also felt they weren't as helpful or agreeable to help while I was demoing. Wrike was okay, but they started to shy on giving me time to work with the product. A big factor in my decision making was who was the most customer/user firendly. Who wanted me to really like their product. I wasn't buy for me, I was researching for someone else. I gave that information up front. and the 2 I ended up taking to the client was Liquid Planner and Accelo. We set up online demos for the client to see and ask their own questions. That day, Accelo performed the better demo and the client went with them.

Susie

Game Changer for our Professional Services Company

The implementation support was excellent. They really worked with us to configure Accelo to meet our business needs. The tool meets 90-95% of our needs, and they continue to improve upon it. Their support team is one of the best we have seen (we have used many products over the years).

Pros

Accelo provides a CRM, sales funnel, statements of work (quoting), active work (projects and ongoing), time tracking and invoicing -- all in one fully integrated platform. The tool is quite user-friendly if set up properly for your business.

Cons

The integration with QuickBooks Online needs some additional features.

Reasons for choosing Accelo

We looked at over 40 products. Accelo was the best match for our business needs and specific feature needs.

Reasons for switching to Accelo

We needed resource management and project management capabilities that were not inherent in our past product.

Granville

Accelo is one of the best out there

We have been able to professionally manage our projects and automated our billing. Integration with third party email clients such as gmail has made it easy to manage communication under the activity feature.

Pros

This software is feature rich but more specifically, this is a software that has helped us manage our entire sales cycle from managing contacts, Lead tracking, project planning and automated billing. But the most impressive is there is a client portal feature for our clients to collaborate on projects, accept quotes and view invoices.

Cons

I hate that one has to pay for customer support.

Reasons for choosing Accelo

The top reason is that it has a client portal feature.

Anna

The most cost-effective tool for managing large scale projects.

Accelo is a service that has allowed me to achieve very important objectives for our organization, its integration to CRM system is excellent for us to manage different projects, its agility and productivity is what has allowed us to obtain very favorable results in the last years. It offers a very customizable system to use effectively in the problems that users require to solve, I have several years using this software and it has given me an extraordinary experience, it is available at a very accessible price for everyone, it really is an excellent software and I recommend it very much.

Pros

I love working with Accelo because it is a very accessible service for my company, its high performance allows us to manage projects with high performance and my team loves it because of how convenient it is, the tool is available to access from Windows and Android. One factor that makes this software ideal for anyone even without technical knowledge is that it has excellent training available for inexperienced people, its high customization and its wide interface make an excellent experience that motivates people to want to work with this software every day at all times.

Cons

The software has constant updates which is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time to work, the main advantage is that it keeps all your system updated to the most innovative technology and the disadvantage is that for people to adapt to the software makes this very challenging because of the constant changes that are seen.

Tom

Scale Your Business

Business scaling Quality control Task management Utilisation Transparency for clients Cost management

Pros

We are able to fully process our business with the detailed project plans, scheduling and capacity tracking which gives us very detailed and accurate forecasting for capacities. The whole business now trusts the reliability of the system and the data in it so much that we report daily on the state of play with task management and capacities to move resources around which helps us deliver work quicker for our clients. We are forecasting for hiring new resources based on the system data, conducting price reviews and making lots and lots of continuous process tweaks with the confidence that Accelo is our living process documentation via the templates. Also, with the detail in the project plans is something we are able to leverage in the sales process to show prospects we have robust processes that will ensure the best quality content creation.

Cons

There are still some more features we would love to see in the future which would help us automate more and reduce admin but the revamp on the community ideas page gives great confidence to everyone at Digital 22 that if it will benefit enough people then there is a good chance we will see these and more great updates in the near future.

Reasons for switching to Accelo

So we could scale our business

Full of functions which provides compliexity

They have tried to satisfy so many requirements in enterprises. This became their system complicated and difficult to work.

Pros

1. It Supports a comprehensive variety of activities in an enterprise including CRM, Sales, Projects, Tickets & Requests, Contracts & Retainers, Tasks & Activities (Operations) 2. There are good API’s for integration with other systems. 3. It seems that they have published their API code in GitHub, so programmers can join and improve their API Code. 4. There is good integration with Google including google contact and google calendar 5. Very good Setting for “Module Titles” so a variety of users can customize the application based on their own industry and literature 6. Supporting the concepts of “Default Billable Rate” and “Default Cost Rate” for any user is really nice for having a costing system and evaluate the profitability of every customer. 7. A task can be against so many concepts including Project, Period, Ticket, Sales, which provide great flexibility for software. 8. The Idea of Task Board is really nice and this is a very good tool for monitoring tasks and keep them in mind 9. Mentioning about their blog is good for creating loyalty

Cons

1. They tried to have a good responsive web application, but they were not fully successful in this case. Some of the icons on the upper toolbar will not accessible when the size of browser is in its minimum width. Alternatively, when the “List of Activities” is open and I change the width of browser, some of the texts will be override on each other. 2. Defining tasks is not very user friendly. For example when we want to define a new task and we don’t enter anything in the textbox of “Search Accelo for Company or Work” the Error Message is “Against field is required” this is right that the empty field is marked by a red box, but it is not very clear and user cannot guess which is the “Against Field”; because even there is no tooltip for it. 3. Some of the Help Videos are not updated based on the last version of the application. For example, a Video about timesheet just shows Weekly Timesheet and not Daily Timesheet which it seems that this menu has been added recently. 4. Application Setting is really complicated and full of different options for everything. Learning this comprehensive setting is difficult. It was better; there would be a “Search” to find whatever an administrator is looking for it. 5. A task can be assigned just to one person. It means that there is no common task for team members.

Chad

Customized Agency CRM with lots of ongoing Changes but might not be best fit

ordering and keeping track of our client base - with specific notes and stream or history of conversations and emails with each of them attached. Easy tracking of support or maintenance tickets and conversion to invoices from a few simple filters.

Pros

We transitioned away from an Excel Spreadsheet to Accelo and the transition was amazing. Just forcing us to cleanup our accounts in order to transition saved us thousands in internal errors, missed billing etc. Accelo keeps you organized and has a wealth of options that you can take advantage of depending on the package you select with them. For us the most useful things were 2 way integration with QuickBooks Online - and being able to track time on tickets and tasks in Accelo then fairly easily filter and convert those completed tickets into invoices within QuickBooks. We liked how easy it was to enter time on a ticket and we loved being able to filter on staff for customized time periods in order to see hours worked by project for billing purposes. Overall this is a robust CRM software that helps you keep track of your clients all in one place, make detailed notes on your relationship with them, track your historical conversations with them and integrate with your Accounting software.

Cons

Our biggest issues with Accelo were integration and Price: At first everything worked fine but after a provincial PST increase we had to create a new Combined tax rate in QBO and it stopped working with Accelo. Customer Service chased this down for months but we never got a reolution - just updates that they were working with QBO on this. After several months of not being able to push invoices through - it became clear we needed another solution. Secondly was the price. That was just too high for us in the end. We found other software that was not as robust, but fit our needs better, integrated with QBO more reliably and charged us a flat rate rather than a per employee rate - which makes MUCH more sense for us. One last thing we didn't like that they may have already updated was that filters were not able to be saved. We'd have a staff meeting and load up a page with 3 or more filtering specifications then click something and the results of the filter were lost. We'd have to go through all the steps to get back there again. Same thing next week. It would be nice to be able to customize your filter selections and save them so you can run the same evaluations or reports repeatedly and easily.

Kevin

Excellent Management Tool for Manage Project

Pros

It's capacity to handle various activities with various customers, and even house various tasks with a similar customer. This permits me to follow how much work I've finished with every customer on a granular level, versus the time dispensed for the task.

Cons

That would most likely be the manner in which I need to look for authoritative errands when I really want them. Since they're not relegated 100% of the time to me I actually need to pull them up on the inquiry bar. Additionally, I think that it is unwieldy to deal with every one of the new windows that accelo opens when I make a period passage.

Cost

Response from Accelo

Thanks Kevin for the great feedback! We'd love for you to share any additional information on the usability or your ideal experience when it comes to searching or completing work, within our Ideas Forum (ideas.accelo.com). We have some exciting integrations in the pipeline - so stay tuned. Thanks for being a part of the Accelo community.

Replied April 2022