AccountancyManager

AccountancyManager Reviews

RATING:

• icon"We love the the culture at AM, they are so full of personality."
  • icon"We love the document sharing portal!!! E-signatures are amazing :D."
  • icon"The time record is brilliant and we can charge precisily and see how affective the staff are being. The customer service is fantastic."
  • icon"Nothing major - perhaps the only minor item is cut and paste functionality can be a bit erratic when using templates."
  • icon"Could do with a lower cost for additional users or specifically part time users."
  • icon"Sometimes it can be hard to navigate the site."

Browse all AccountancyManager Reviews

• Have you used AccountancyManager and would like to share your experience with others?

Emma

Excellent practice management for small accountancy practice

Accountancy Manager has helped organise my practice. It keeps all information securely and allows clients to update/check their information anytime; assisting us to meet the GDPR requirements. The secure portal allows us to share information and obtain electronic signature, greatly reducing our postage costs. We’ve also noticed a better efficiency and improved cash flow thanks to a more streamline way of working.

Pros

Cloud access - I can check my tasks at work/home/on my mobile. Easy search function Good record of deadlines Easy to use portal Regular improvements and updates

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to navigate the site. I think clients get confused with logging in to the portal from Accountancy Manager - would love an embedded log in for my own website.

Rasa

Superb product for accountants

Pros

I have tried and tested quite a few software before I came across Accountancy manager. One had a client database but required extensive work to set up tasks, especially those that are requiring, preset specific templates, another had some features that were required in Practice (i.e. Letters of engagement), but not others, so in fact, my practice and tasks were managed across 3-4 CMR's and client management software, that in combination served my practice management needs. AM was revolutionary, for it had all of the features I wanted and needed in one software.

Cons

I find filters bit cumbersome. Guess it's a very low price to pay.

Reasons for choosing AccountancyManager

Because the Accountancy manager had everything I needed and wanted in one place.

Cansu

November 2022

Efficient for the overall business process.

Pros

It has come in very handy in automating the workflow. It centralizes all my account information and provides a convenient access.

Cons

Templates are not intuitive to use. It doesn't have enough functions to be able to customize the templates.

Baljit

Our experience has been positive with AM but there are still a few features that need to be added.

Pros

The software is easy to set up and is user friendly. You can save all your deadlines, references and customer information in one place. Keep track of all outstanding tasks. Send mass emails easily.

Cons

There are many areas that need developing eg adding budgeted hours against a client, mass documents to be attached when sending an email, uploaded documents to be saved all together, folders to be created to structure uploaded documents, exporting outstanding tasks, customised drop down boxes for short description on time log.

Lisa

August 2022

Best software for my practice

Its been an amazing experience with AM. Its only been about 8 weeks since I started the trial so I am relatively new and still working my way through all what it can do. AM has saved me so much time, its connectivity with HMRC was super easy and I got the information within a week. Being able to access all the information without relying on spreadsheets is a bonus.

Pros

I signed up to a trial with Accountancy Manager after a failed attempt to get another practice management software sorted for my practice. I had a 1on1 meeting to go through the software and for me to ask questions. They send you weekly tasks with short videos to complete. There are software setups and short videos in the actual software that you can rewatch if not sure and their amazing support team and my account manager have been brilliant helping me with any questions. It has saved me so much time, I am able to apply for authorisation from HMRC from within the software, I can get documents signed, clients can send me documents through a more secure means than just emails. Being able to email multiple clients at a time with news or information is a time saver. Tracking if the client has seen an email is a great addition too.

Cons

The worse bit for me was setting up the templates or adjusting them. As i am with ICB, there are certain paragraphs that I needed in there and i had to do it manually and check each template which took its time.

Reasons for choosing AccountancyManager

I took out the trial and tested it over the 30 day period, used the support team and watched the videos. After a failed attempt with another software, I needed to make sure that it was a good fit with my practice.

Reasons for switching to AccountancyManager

I was missold the package based on information i gave them as it could'nt do what I needed it to. I got zero support from the sales team which is were it all started going wrong. 6 months later and I am still not sure that it has all been cancelled.

Fiona

August 2022

Fantastic product with brilliant support

Accountancy Manager has really helped me automate my task management and client onboarding processes. I've been using it less than a year but it's really helped transform the running of my business and having one piece of software that does all these different things is fantastic! If I'm ever stuck or have a problem the support is always really quick to respond and super helpful.

Pros

I love how straightforward it was to set up and get up and running. I really like the task management functions, how I can see what deadlines are coming up and what staff are working on. The proposal emails and e-signing of LOEs and T&Cs has been so helpful and the ability to perform AML ID checks from within the software has been brilliant.

Cons

I like the task template breakdowns but the fact they don't copy over when a new task is created can be frustrating, however, I'm hoping the new workflow functionality will sort this out.

Reasons for choosing AccountancyManager

I found the other product too overwhelming and complicated and loved how Accountancy Manager worked in comparison.

Darren

Accountancy Manager Review

Overall AM is the best around in our opinion and we will not be looking at any other software in this field.

Pros

AM is very simple to use and easily understood. I like the fact that all the invoices and statements can be emailed out and a copy kept for our records. The money laundering section is also very good to have on record and the HMRC authentication is handy to use and saves time.

Cons

The only thing about AM that I would love see changed is that you cannot print all statements at once as it only allows individually at the minute

Reasons for choosing AccountancyManager

Easy understood and simple to navigate round.

Leigh

Im so glad we found AM

Before AM we used spreadsheets to keep track of tasks and clients. Deadlines are so very important that it used to keep us awake at night worring that we might miss something. These days we sleep like a baby....

Pros

We love the the culture at AM, they are so full of personality. We feel valued and very much part of the family. We love the way AM tracks tasks and organises them in to "work to lists" giving us a clear jobs list for the day, week, month etc

Cons

Invoicing. We are looking forward to this developing.

Reasons for choosing AccountancyManager

We much prefered the feel of the software and the sales experiance. It gave us confidence that we would be supported and valued.

Adil

Best Practice Management Software

Whenever we needed help from the team, they were utmost courteous. If issue was not resolved at the point of first contact, they ensured that call back was made as soon as possible.

Pros

Ease of use and ease of implementation. Great customer services especially from Customer Support Team. Our clients found it easier to use as well in terms of uploading/downloading documents and e-signing paperwork

Cons

I would love to see in future time management chart implemented whereby staff diary can be created and seen by the senior team

Reasons for switching to AccountancyManager

Not a user friendly interface Not impressed with the customer service Slow software At times overly complicated

Lauren

Great software!

Excellent. Brilliant service and it has made processes simpler and easier to use.

Pros

Software is very useful for our company.

Cons

There is nothing negative to report on Accountancy Manager, it is a great system to use. Every time there has been issues they have been resolved in an instant.

Reasons for choosing AccountancyManager

Accountancy Manager stood out for us. We wanted something more modern and that is what they have given us.

Excellent system for keeping track in my practice

This system has helped me to keep all of my clients and prospective clients details in one easy to reach place. I can now easily keep track of the number of hours I am spending on each client task and it has reduced the amount of chasing up I was previously having to do in order to get paperwork from clients. It has also really helped my practice in becoming GDPR compliant with regards to sharing documentation with them. My clients have also commented on how easy the registration process with my practice is now that I have implemented Accountancy Manager.

Pros

The amount of client information that you can enter including details of any communication that has occured is extremely useful. I really like the task list and the automatic reminders that can be sent out to clients for various pieces of missing information. I also like the time tracking features and the fact that it is GDPR compliant.

Cons

I found the initial setup quite difficult to get to grips with and trying to tailor each template that was in the system was quite labourious but has paid off in the long run. I don't like not being able to pause a task for when I have to take a telephone call.

Reasons for choosing AccountancyManager

After hearing reviews from other Professional Bookkeepers and after seeing a few of the free webinars showing examples of how to set the software up and all of the different features that it has. I also like being offered a discount as part of my membership to the Bookkeepers Alliance.

Emma

Sole practitioners

As a single person practice, 2 days of my week was spent on practice management, Accountancy manager has reduced this to 1/2 a day, but more importantly it has freed up my brain to concentrate on accounting.

Pros

Because there is so many areas of Practice and client manager that this software offers, it is a one stop shop. The tasks part has eliminated 4 hours per year of spreadsheet manipulation to produce tasks list for self assessment etc. and the progress of each task can updated so i always know where i am up to. The recording of time on client tasks, that moves easily into invoicing is brilliant. The information that is held on the system, for each client, makes form filling in easy, and with this being a safe area to hold information on, i sleep better at night. The automatic email system frees up so much of my time, and ensures my client are bringing in their books in earlier than they used to. The other area i like is the way the software developers are open to new ideas, they develop and add areas to the software regally, the support is outstanding with extremely quick replies and well explained remedies.

Cons

I would like the cost of additional users to be lower

August 2022

Does what it says on the tin…

Insanely positive. Took a punt on it a few years ago and never looked back!

Pros

Deadline management, client interaction through the portal and the ease of document approval is but a few of the things that make this piece of kit genuinely helpful.

Cons

Still have to use accountants and tax software to prepare accounts and tax returns etc - I can only imagine how epic this would be if they developed integrated software to do that too - literally a dream!

Reasons for choosing AccountancyManager

Cloud based so access remotely very easily (and no software and updates to install). Offered far more features with a much easier user interface.

Reasons for switching to AccountancyManager

Needed something more helpful so I could spend less time on practice admin and deadline tracking and more time helping clients. This has lived up to that expectation and some.

Jackie

Accountancy Manager

Very beneficial, definitely we took the leap to try it out, it has certainly streamlined the operation of the practice

Pros

It is a fantastic piece of software that organises all of your client data and assists with the practice management by organising the relevant tasks to ensure you don't miss a key deadline for a client. It is a great database making finding that key piece of information a quick exercise rather than raiding through files. The software ensures that the practice can comply with the GDPR legislation, and the portal is a great secure area for transfer of files both from the practice to the client and vice versa. As with everything sometimes things go wrong but the support team at Accountancy Manager as very helpful and get issues resolved very quickly

Cons

Not a lot, however it would be great if when a client left a comment, the practice was notified

Zoe

Amazing Software

See above

Pros

Our business was growing at a rate of 50% a year , we started using Accountancy Manager November 2017 as we could no longer manage with basic spreedsheets It took us a while to get to fully understand all its features , but withink 6 months we started bringing the clients on board to it and havent looked back since It allows us manager all our client data ( no more filling cabinets ) and ensure deadlines are meet and work is allocated out to staff at ease . The time record is brilliant and we can charge precisily and see how affective the staff are being . The customer service is fantastic

Cons

There are non , we have loved the software and all of the new faetures that keep getting added on

Reasons for choosing AccountancyManager

We looked at a few and trialed some also this was the best for our business

The Sole Practitioner

Overall, AccountancyManager has allowed me to organise my practice, keep control on all reporting deadlines, streamlined admin tasks, given a professional look and feel to clients and made my life much easier. I wouldn't/couldn't be without it

Pros

Ease of use - it does all the essentials straight out of the box without the need for lots of customisation Easy to import existing clients using spreadsheets Client client onboarding is well thought out and with the production of letters of engagement and proposal emails saves me a lot of time Client portal works well together with esigning of documents Email reminders are brilliant timesavers HMRC authorisation also saves me time rather than going to the HMRC site Excellent and speedy support The software does what you need it to do and is not big and bloated like other packages

Cons

Could do with a lower cost for additional users or specifically part time users Would like to be able to have more reporting flexibility on the task list

Lydia