• Pros

• "Easy to use, excellent fro chasing for information automatically which saves us so much time."

• "I enjoy the fact that it is hosted as all of my staff are remote workers. This is a central point for the entire team to refer to. New features are coming out regularly "

• "Easy access to communicate and see client records."

• Cons

• "Nothing major - perhaps the only minor item is cut and paste functionality can be a bit erratic when using templates. But this is minor...."

• "I am yet to find something I don't like about this product but we are still finding our feet with it."

• "i cannot fault any of the software , very user freindly"

Browse AccountancyManager Reviews

Emma from Emma Stevens Accountancy

Excellent practice management for small accountancy practice

Accountancy Manager has helped organise my practice. It keeps all information securely and allows clients to update/check their information anytime; assisting us to meet the GDPR requirements. The secure portal allows us to share information and obtain electronic signature, greatly reducing our postage costs. Weve also noticed a better efficiency and improved cash flow thanks to a more streamline way of working.

Pros

Cloud access - I can check my tasks at work/home/on my mobile. Easy search function Good record of deadlines Easy to use portal Regular improvements and updates

Cons

Sometimes it can be hard to navigate the site. I think clients get confused with logging in to the portal from Accountancy Manager - would love an embedded log in for my own website.

Jennifer from Integrity Bookkeepers Ltd

Excellent system for keeping track in my practice

This system has helped me to keep all of my clients and prospective clients details in one easy to reach place. I can now easily keep track of the number of hours I am spending on each client task and it has reduced the amount of chasing up I was previously having to do in order to get paperwork from clients. It has also really helped my practice in becoming GDPR compliant with regards to sharing documentation with them. My clients have also commented on how easy the registration process with my practice is now that I have implemented Accountancy Manager.

Pros

The amount of client information that you can enter including details of any communication that has occured is extremely useful. I really like the task list and the automatic reminders that can be sent out to clients for various pieces of missing information. I also like the time tracking features and the fact that it is GDPR compliant.

Cons

I found the initial setup quite difficult to get to grips with and trying to tailor each template that was in the system was quite labourious but has paid off in the long run. I don't like not being able to pause a task for when I have to take a telephone call.

Reasons for Choosing AccountancyManager

After hearing reviews from other Professional Bookkeepers and after seeing a few of the free webinars showing examples of how to set the software up and all of the different features that it has. I also like being offered a discount as part of my membership to the Bookkeepers Alliance.

Darren from Pennybridge Accounting Ltd

Accountancy Manager Review

Overall AM is the best around in our opinion and we will not be looking at any other software in this field.

Pros

AM is very simple to use and easily understood. I like the fact that all the invoices and statements can be emailed out and a copy kept for our records. The money laundering section is also very good to have on record and the HMRC authentication is handy to use and saves time.

Cons

The only thing about AM that I would love see changed is that you cannot print all statements at once as it only allows individually at the minute

Reasons for Choosing AccountancyManager

Easy understood and simple to navigate round.

Baljit from Taxlite Ltd

Our experience has been positive with AM but there are still a few features that need to be added.

Pros

The software is easy to set up and is user friendly. You can save all your deadlines, references and customer information in one place. Keep track of all outstanding tasks. Send mass emails easily.

Cons

There are many areas that need developing eg adding budgeted hours against a client, mass documents to be attached when sending an email, uploaded documents to be saved all together, folders to be created to structure uploaded documents, exporting outstanding tasks, customised drop down boxes for short description on time log.

Emma from Accounts in Cheque

Sole practitioners

As a single person practice, 2 days of my week was spent on practice management, Accountancy manager has reduced this to 1/2 a day, but more importantly it has freed up my brain to concentrate on accounting.

Pros

Because there is so many areas of Practice and client manager that this software offers, it is a one stop shop. The tasks part has eliminated 4 hours per year of spreadsheet manipulation to produce tasks list for self assessment etc. and the progress of each task can updated so i always know where i am up to. The recording of time on client tasks, that moves easily into invoicing is brilliant. The information that is held on the system, for each client, makes form filling in easy, and with this being a safe area to hold information on, i sleep better at night. The automatic email system frees up so much of my time, and ensures my client are bringing in their books in earlier than they used to. The other area i like is the way the software developers are open to new ideas, they develop and add areas to the software regally, the support is outstanding with extremely quick replies and well explained remedies.

Cons

I would like the cost of additional users to be lower

Adil from Total Books

Best Practice Management Software

Whenever we needed help from the team, they were utmost courteous. If issue was not resolved at the point of first contact, they ensured that call back was made as soon as possible.

Pros

Ease of use and ease of implementation. Great customer services especially from Customer Support Team. Our clients found it easier to use as well in terms of uploading/downloading documents and e-signing paperwork

Cons

I would love to see in future time management chart implemented whereby staff diary can be created and seen by the senior team

Jackie from Bingly Bingly Beep Limited

Accountancy Manager

Very beneficial, definitely we took the leap to try it out, it has certainly streamlined the operation of the practice

Pros

It is a fantastic piece of software that organises all of your client data and assists with the practice management by organising the relevant tasks to ensure you don't miss a key deadline for a client. It is a great database making finding that key piece of information a quick exercise rather than raiding through files. The software ensures that the practice can comply with the GDPR legislation, and the portal is a great secure area for transfer of files both from the practice to the client and vice versa. As with everything sometimes things go wrong but the support team at Accountancy Manager as very helpful and get issues resolved very quickly

Cons

Not a lot, however it would be great if when a client left a comment, the practice was notified

Zoe from Revival Accountancy Ltd

Amazing Software

See above

Pros

Our business was growing at a rate of 50% a year , we started using Accountancy Manager November 2017 as we could no longer manage with basic spreedsheets It took us a while to get to fully understand all its features , but withink 6 months we started bringing the clients on board to it and havent looked back since It allows us manager all our client data ( no more filling cabinets ) and ensure deadlines are meet and work is allocated out to staff at ease . The time record is brilliant and we can charge precisily and see how affective the staff are being . The customer service is fantastic

Cons

There are non , we have loved the software and all of the new faetures that keep getting added on

Reasons for Choosing AccountancyManager

We looked at a few and trialed some also this was the best for our business

Mark from UNISOLUTIONS LTD

The Sole Practitioner

Overall, AccountancyManager has allowed me to organise my practice, keep control on all reporting deadlines, streamlined admin tasks, given a professional look and feel to clients and made my life much easier. I wouldn't/couldn't be without it

Pros

Ease of use - it does all the essentials straight out of the box without the need for lots of customisation Easy to import existing clients using spreadsheets Client client onboarding is well thought out and with the production of letters of engagement and proposal emails saves me a lot of time Client portal works well together with esigning of documents Email reminders are brilliant timesavers HMRC authorisation also saves me time rather than going to the HMRC site Excellent and speedy support The software does what you need it to do and is not big and bloated like other packages

Cons

Could do with a lower cost for additional users or specifically part time users Would like to be able to have more reporting flexibility on the task list

Lauren from Charlton Baker Limited

Great software!

Excellent. Brilliant service and it has made processes simpler and easier to use.

Pros

Software is very useful for our company.

Cons

There is nothing negative to report on Accountancy Manager, it is a great system to use. Every time there has been issues they have been resolved in an instant.

Reasons for Choosing AccountancyManager

Accountancy Manager stood out for us. We wanted something more modern and that is what they have given us.

Alana from Rethink Accountancy

Best in market!

This software saves us the cost of an extra employee a month - you really can't argue that this!

Pros

Too many amazing functions to mention but the integration with companies house is a godsend for us. The customer service team are exceptional and come back on all queries quickly.

Cons

The only area I would improve is the job flow could be more detailed.

Malek from Accounting

Accountants review

Pros

The ease if use. Automations invoicing section is great Very professional

Cons

emails, when you copy and paste to the email box in AM, it does not do a great job at it. Creating tables is not as easy and clean as others.

Paul from Cain & Beer Limited

Brilliant CRM

It has completely transformed my practice I have already and will continue to recommend this software to my fellow business associates

Pros

I love it all but the automated emails etc ensure I never for when returns are due.

Cons

I really like everything about the software

Kellie from Pixie Payroll Services

Outstanding Software

I am so glad I found this piece of software, my life is so much simpler now and I have everything in once place. The support team are quick to answer any queries, I couldn't recommend this piece of software enough

Pros

This software is very easy to use, saves time, tracks tasks, emails clients for missing records, free document portal. Most of my administration is now automated thanks to Accountancy Manager

Cons

You can't have more than 1 email address associated with Accountancy Manager. Ie: The accountant uses Accountancy Manager so my client cannot use Accountancy Manager with me for his payroll reports as his email address is already been used.

Sharon from X5 Chartered Accountants

Best thing we ever did

The time saved with automatic chasing means that we have more time available for our clients.

Pros

Cons

The implementation process, the import from digita database was not straightforward.

Wendy from The Accounting Pig Limited

Must have for busy accountancy practice

Brilliant software for a buy accountant practice - keeps all tasks in order and makes managing deadlines easy. Getting proposals to potential clients is a dream once you have everything configured/customised to your ways or working - 5 minutes after talking to a prospect you can have a full proposal with T&C's in their inbox.

Pros

Ease of use, support, regular software upgrades, never miss a deadline, client on-boarding, proposal management, customisation

Kristian from Corbsco eAccounts ltd

Excellent product for modern accounting

Amazing product and excited to see it develop even further.

Pros

Cloud based, auto tasks. AML. Missing info checks. Client portal.

Cons

Timsheets are not up to scratch. Too slow.

Simon from Merlin Paul Limtied

Helping to Develop Your Practice

This software has enabled me to grow from being a sole practitioner to a staff of 7.

Pros

Cons

I have found no Cons in using this software,

Rob from ChadStone Accountancy & Tax Ltd

Practice management made simple

Pros

The ease of using the product, especially the reporting functionality and how easy it it is to get meaningful reports off the system. The ability to have all relevant client information in one place for all of my team to see, access and use.

Elliot from Charlton Baker Limited

A helping hand...

Pros

The functionality available is excellent and it is such a useful tool in the running of the business and the management of on-boarding clients and managing workflow.

Cons

Still quite obviously in development so at times the product is updated and this can cause a few issues. Lack of ability to make enough customized changes at the moment but hopeful that things will improve as it becomes more established.

Kandarp from Taxacc Solutions Ltd

Excellent Software

It saves a lot of my time.

Pros

1. Connection with Companies house 2. Automatic emails 3. Ease of creating engagement letters

Cons

Template customisation. You can't simply copy and paste directly to the software due to the HTML issues. I had to copy the contents first to notepad and then to the software. However, the support team was brilliant. They did a lot of work for many of my templates.

Victoria from Klevas Consulting Ltd

Not as good as expected

Overall, it is good that is a page, not a program. So you can use from home when you need it.

Pros

The really good thing is that they have tasks. The program generates deadlines and you can update progress and add a note.

Cons

Notes are so big and arranged uncomfortably. Sometimes you have to reload a few pages to find necessary information.

Simona from Digital Accounting Enterprises Ltd

The best helper!

Using this software is helping me save time, it brings to my attention tasks that need sorting out daily, monthly and overall I do not see myself working without AM in the future.

Pros

The fact that I have everything in one place and helps me organize my workload.

Cons

Can not think of anything, or at least I have not encountered so far any fault.

Martin from Gold Stag Accounts Ltd

Game Changer

Solved admin and time constraints of chasing clients. Allowing me to keep on top of deadlines and onboard so effortlessly has been amazing.

Pros

The fact it makes my life so much easier and gives a really good impression to clients.

Cons

I cannot find a con about using this software.

Jadwiga from J&K Accounts Ltd

Best Software!!!!!

We run Tax Returns and MTD VAT returns using this software and we found it so easy to use that we definitely save a lot of time comparing to software we used before.

Pros

Functionality, reliability and excellent customer service

Cons

Price could be a little bit more affordable

Ram from Ascot Accountancy

Very good software

Very impressive software and best customer service

Pros

Reminders automated and emails are automated

Cons

Tasks lists take time to update but has to be done so no cons actually

Craig from Bisby Accountancy

Great product

I like everything that accountancy manager offers and it just keeps adding more and more useful things along the way

Pros

Its ease of use and the automatic reminders to clients

Cons

There was nothing I did not like about it

Mantas from Klevas Consulting Limited

Easy to use, easy to understand

We can prioritize our work schedule and assign different work task to each employee

Pros

Very easy to use and to understand, high quality support

Cons

Customer service could have a webchat, sometimes AM becomes laggy

Jaime from Jh bookkeeping services

Am review

Reminders sent automatically

Pros

The automation for reminders sent to clients

Cons

Needs to link to software e.g. xero For invoices

jamie from Finance & Accounting

Excellent software - life changing for my small business

Pros

Its very easy to use, simple to set up and has consolidated several spreadsheets into one place highlighting several errors in my schedules along the way.

Cons

I think it would be fantastic if the on boarding page of a client would also allow for the AML checks to be done at the same time.

Philip from P J Buffrey Ltd

Very good

Pros

Organisation of clients information and task organsistion

Cons

Some additional auto emails would be useful

Daniela from Goddards Accountants

Very good software

Pros

Support team are very helpful and responsive. They are always willing to help. The software has great features and provides all the information we require.

Cons

Nothing, there is nothing I do not like about this software

Nicola from Zest Accountants

Easy to Use Practice Manager Software

Pros

Easy to use, with easy HMRC agent requests and automated emails to remind/prompt clients

Cons

There are a couple of ways which we could list tasks, etc, but this doesn't take away from the overall experience.

Tania from HJP Chartered

Amazing

Easy, smooth, and their customer support is second to none!

Pros

We love the document sharing portal!!! E-signatures are amazing :D

Cons

That it doesnt have a link with go proposal yet - it is in the pipeline though!

Danny from Thomas and Co

Great product

Accountancy manager has prevented the chance of any missed deadlines completely.

Pros

It has all the functionality needed and very easy use.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I did not like about the product

Mark from JRM Business Services Ltd

Good all round package

Had resisted implementing practice software as a small practice and was concerned about cost.

Pros

Price Easy of use Flexibility for small or large practice

Cons

Nothing really as with all practice software takes time to set up.

Vinny from Consultancy Services

Amazing product

In a word excellent

Pros

So easy to use and takes away all of the mundane daily tasks

Cons

Nothing really. Works as you would expect and more

Tim from SA Ledgers Ltd

Great all round solution

We have been able to add new clients quicker and more efficiently with this software, saving around 2 hours per client.

Pros

Very easy to create proposals and letters of engagement. Maintains all critical client information with some workflow capabilities. Provides a file sharing portal and allows for client approval of documents.

Cons

More formatting capabilities would be appreciated. It is still very basic. Only stores one letter of engagement.

Sam from Just Accountancy

Excellent Practice Management Software

Excellent, would recommend to anyone

Pros

Easy to use and set up. Has streamlined the process of onboarding new clients and made gettign documents signed a cinch

Cons

Letters of engagement templates took some time to set up. Bit confusing setting up linked client self assessments at first

Charmaine from Passman Leonard

Helps to manage workflow effectively

Pros

This software, helps to meet with the work deadline easily. It helps to know which tasks is due by setting a deadline date. I can also make a note of the time I spent on each task during the day which helps me manage my workflow easily.

Cons

It gets confusing sometimes to know what task is due first as all the workflow is displayed at the same time.

Paul from Beechlands Accountancy Services

Great software

very good

Pros

easy set up - could see the tasks being set up as implementation

Cons

i cannot fault any of the software , very user freindly

Shelley from Nonprofit Organization Management

New practice user

The signing up of the LOE is excellent, the proposal sending is good

Pros

It is very easy to use and intuitive. The cost is more than reasonable and the support is excellent.

Cons

Sometimes the functionality is a bit too rigid for differing clients mainly on the LOE

Josie from Woolston Accounts

Excellent Software

Very happy with the software.

Pros

Easy access to communicate and see client records.

Cons

Not yet linking up with Xero and sometimes it can be tricky to navigate around the pages.

Ian from Ian Styles Accountants Limited

Practice Managment Review

Pros

The cost is reasonable Ease of on-boarding new clients AML check link to Veriphy

Cons

No link to submit Confirmation Statements to Co Hse Lack of workflow Lack of link to other software