What are Ad Sales Genius users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Ad Sales Genius software through verified user reviews

• icon"Each process is easy to understand and the available customer service is great. Very helpful and efficient."
  • icon"I like the ease of creating proposals which can be converted into contracts. I also like the marketing function of creating email blasts."
  • icon"Dashboard has everything I need to see through out the day. Customer service is super responsive and very pleasant to talk to."
  • icon"Sometimes it is hard to navigate. The back button never gets you back to the page you were on."
  • icon"For me I get confused when I try to use more than 1 tool at the same time."
  • icon"Our previous system allowed you to download vcards. It also does not give you a report or way of finding out what email addresses are bad."

Browse all Ad Sales Genius Reviews

• Have you used Ad Sales Genius and would like to share your experience with others?

Sean

Industry: Publishing

Ad Sales Genius - There's no solution that is better in the business.

My overall experience... the team at ASG is extremely helpful. Very supportive. Incredibly responsive. When I started a new publishing company, I wondered how I would do so many of the administrative tasks that were previously managed by a number of people at an old publishing company in admin, sales, design/production, accounting etc. We really were watching every dollar and putting all our resources into sales. Discovering Ad Sales Genius was critical in the early stages of our business. I consider this platform very important to our day-to-day operation and a key factor to our success and continue growth.

Pros

Ad Sales Genius is by far the very best cloud-based CRM and all-in-one publishing solution in the media business. I could go on and on about each area I will list below, but Ad Sales Genius truly has everything covered. I especially like that ASG is built to drive sales and with the integrations with VOIP providers for click-to-dial features that ultimately increase productivity in daily call volume... to sending insertion orders via Docusign for a quick digital signature, it really helps your team and your clients. - Reporting... I don't think I've ever work with a better system that has thought of it all. You don't need custom reports with Ad Sales Genius... there are reports for everything and anything you can think of. - Production... managing artwork proofs and sending via ASG for approvals at the click of a button. Then having the approved ad assigned and visually accessible to that particular insertion is great! - Flat planning! The ability to go in and build a visual of your publication, dropping in all the editorial content and ads where they should be. Designers can have this as a guideline giving them more time to be creative. - Workflows... "When this happens, the system needs to do this..." We're just getting into this as it's a new feature but in our early testing, we love it. This will really help assist our media reps to better assist their clients. There are just far too many pros to list. Invoicing / Commissions / Templates... it just does it all.

Cons

The real con is that I didn't know about Ad Sales Genius when they first came to market!

Bryson

Great CRM!

It's a good software, and the consistent updates are reassuring that bugs and issues are fixed in a timely manner.

Pros

It has a great user interface for our ad team, and for our clients. I can easily gather the information needed to make reports and forecast our performance.

Cons

Occasionally clicking through all of the windows from client to client can be a bit daunting, but once you get a rhythm at finding what you are looking for it's solid.

Reasons for choosing Ad Sales Genius

Great presentation, ease of use. We wanted a CRM that helped us do our jobs without becoming a job in and of itself.

Reasons for switching to Ad Sales Genius

While magazine manager had some great features, it's overall user friendliness and adaptability seemed to be lacking.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

We appreciate the wonderful review of Ad Sales Genius! Keep an eye out for our soon-to-be-released update that features some great tweaks that will make navigating our software even easier. Our team is happy to support your business - thank you for being a customer!

Replied May 2021

Jessica

Industry: Publishing

I really wanted this to work for us

Pros

There is very little I liked about this software.

Cons

When we signed up for this software, we were sold on features that, unknown to us, were not fully functional, nor anywhere close to being fully functional. Specifically, we were told this software had a trade show sales function that allowed vendors to select booths from an interactive map which was exactly what we needed. We prepaid for a year of service anticipating that this software offered this among many other features. When we tried to use this function, we found out it not ready to use and would instead be "coming soon." We were also told by the sales rep that she never actually said that it did have this feature and unfortunately we were stuck for a full year. We were not off to a great start. Our sales rep also failed to mention that MOST everything else we purchased this software for would require us to purchase several other apps in order to work. Strike 2 - at least be honest about what will be needed to make this software work! I purchased this to REPLACE other apps, not be forced to add new and more expensive ones. Otherwise, set up of literally everything involved with this software is terribly complicated and this software is not at all intuitive to use. I get that there is a learning curve to anything, but when a "solution" makes processes two and three times more difficult and complicated, it's not a solution at all.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Jessica, we're sorry you did not enjoy your experience with Ad Sales Genius, and we've taken swift measures to ensure a situation like yours won't happen again. We wish you and your publication the best in the future.

Replied March 2019

Mike

Industry: Publishing

Implementation of the ASG software was a game-changer

Business Issues we are solving with ASG: 1) Communication - both internal & external 2) On-time & even early payments due to Invoicing being connected to the on-line payment gateway. 3) Significant reduction in the need for data entry 4) Organization - Customer information and notes are being utilized to better inform anyone that may come in contact with the account 5) Contracts being connected thru Docusign has added an efficiency in workflow

Pros

The ability for the entire organization to begin communicating under one primary CRM software. Sales/Marketing, Operations and Finance departments are all utilizing the same source for information for the first time in our companies histroy. Our internal communication as a company has benefited in a dramatic way!

Cons

1) Limitations on being able to place reports on dashboards. For sales reps, some of the most useful information is found under "Advertisers & Leads" .. for instance, last insertion date for contracts that are expiring. 2) Limitation on the ability to utilize Marketing Automation, Lead Segmentation and planned communication that is based on the timeline that is relevant to the individual contact. We are still utilizing Infusionsoft for our Marketing Campaigns. 3) On-boarding experience could be improved. I feel that we are still only utilizing 50% of what this software is designed to do. Part of that is because our team may not realize what is possible and they have found routines or even developed daily patterns around thier understanding of the software. I know that we have made decisions on needed processes within the business, based on a limited understanding of the software and how other companies are maximizing the potential. - I would recommend "assessments that are initiated by ASG every 90 days" that allows you to communicate to clients how the software could better optimize thier work. Also, those touchpoints could help generate the feedback you may need, if your looking at ways to expand the softwares capabilities.

Reasons for switching to Ad Sales Genius

We were utilizing too many different software's. Production, Sales, Marketing and even Finance all had softwares that were specific to the department.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you so much for your review of Ad Sales Genius! It's great to see that our CRM software is improving your team communication as well as other business issues. Our team will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to evolve our software. We have some exciting changes launching in the near future that should address some of these points. Stay tuned for details!

Replied June 2020

Jeanne

Industry: Publishing

This software has eliminated the need for extra systems

Customer support and training are great. The staff is always looking for ways to improve the system. We came from salesforce, and the difference in the organization cultures is evident on how they treat customers. We no longer have to manage from spreadsheets and the integration with quickbooks means that we spend much less time dealing with bookkeeping inconsistencies.

Pros

Very pleased with the issue based management. Easy to see sales, payments, invoices to be sent, etc. I have just started to participate in the mini-genius university calls and am learning more with every call. It is easy for both the ad sales staff and management to use.

Cons

It would be great to be able to identify if a contract is a renewal or not (we pay differently on these.) We would love to have an app so sales people could use it easier on the road from their phone.

Reasons for choosing Ad Sales Genius

The staff at Ad Sales Genius that made our sales demonstration were able to answer all of our questions easily. It gave us confidence that the software transition would be smooth. We did not want to remain in a situation where it was difficult to reach the information we use on a daily basis.

Reasons for switching to Ad Sales Genius

Cost and it was not easy to manage the magazine flow through it. It also did not integrate with quickbooks and our bookkeeping costs were rising.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We are happy to see how much you are enjoying our publishing CRM software!

Molly

Streamlines Multiple Processes Wonderfully

We had a frustrating beginning with Ad Sales Genius, due in large part to a varied history of data we imported, but the ASG team was there to provide assistance daily. Now, over 2 years out, we've been able to simplify and consolidate a lot of redundant processes (especially within the accounting department) to make things run much more smoothly than they did with Magazine Manager. Since the ASG software is constantly changing and adding new features, it is nice to be able to see in real time any suggestions or requests we've made for improvements in the various functions, and I appreciate the entire ASG workforce for making that happen.

Pros

I love the transparency across functionalities within ASG. It's very helpful when trying to keep multiple departments working on the same project all on the same page.

Cons

Figuring out how to manipulate various reports to gather the data I needed took some time and a certain amount of finesse. Luckily the ASG team was there to provide guidance.

Reasons for switching to Ad Sales Genius

Magazine Manager, while useful for many years, felt stuck in the past. Ad Sales Genius combined the features of multiple softwares we had been using, so we were able to only have to consult one database, instead of four.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius. We're excited to see how much you enjoy our software, and our team is thrilled to have you as a customer!

Replied May 2020

Game changer for publishers ... but wait, there's more

We needed a solution that production, sales, accounting sales would not only use, but LOVE. Their training was perfect. Always very responsive to issues we have. And the best part, as awesome as we think it is, it just keeps getting better. I feel like once every few months there's a new feature added.

Pros

Very intuitive. Plays well with other services. Mobile experience is on point! We love the ease of building complex contracts. Email contracts with DocuSign and payments build in. Reporting is amazing. ASG makes this fun again. Subscription module is also amazing.

Cons

The email composer isn't perfect. Can't merge first names in mass emails.

Reasons for switching to Ad Sales Genius

Magazine Manager is a great product. They helped us going from entering an ad in 7 times to only 2 times. However the additional features and ease for sales reps to create contracts with some slick CRM tools made ASG a slam dunk for us.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you so much for the kind review, Andrew! The Ad Sales Genius team loves working with you, and we're happy to do everything we can do to build and support the ad sales software you use to run your business!

Replied October 2019

Deb

Big Help

Overall, the ability to hang onto clients, reminders, notes, tasks, etc is tremendous. Also, we are able to identify and customize our own products for our accounts, print or digital. Another huge advantage. Love Ad Sales!

Pros

I love that reps can see where we are at all times with the customers; past and present.

Cons

I would like to be able to link our site in emails. I want to make it as effortless as possible to check us out and buy an ad. Plus, it feels very clunky when we are advertising cutting edge advantages of advertising with us. Ability to put images on the email would be nice as well. look up information on the client while writing an email to them. Currently, if I am typing up an email and need to check a name or an additional email, I need to save what I typed somewhere else or reopen adsales in a new window.

Reasons for switching to Ad Sales Genius

This is targeted to our line of work specifically.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Deb, we're so glad to see that you're loving Ad Sales Genius! Thank you for taking the time to review our software!

Replied June 2021

cathie

ASG Review

It has been enjoyable. Not difficult to use and it's productive.

Pros

It's easy to use. Has an intuitive logic to it. It's flexible and easy to make changes. I've been adding contacts and love the avatar feature, how it so easily links to my photo file or directly to a website. ASG understands the realities and intricacies of the advertising sales process--from prospecting, goal setting, data info, communication and production. The training videos are a good reference source to review a function.

Cons

The questions that are linked to the training videos should be more in sync with the content of videos. Sometimes the questions didn't effectively cover the subject matter.

Reasons for switching to Ad Sales Genius

It wasn't my decision. But I'm glad they did. The other system seemed clunky, tedious and difficult to use.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you, Cathie! We're excited to see that you are enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius! Our team works hard to ensure that our CRM software complements the processes that go along with advertising and media sales, and we thank you for your kind review!

Replied August 2019

Sydnee

May 2022

Great product and responsive customer support

Excellent

Pros

The ability to have reminders for products and clients

Cons

The outdated videos for training a new employee

Katy

Give it a try!

Our company is very small - we have a total of 6 ASG users - and we all have our hands in different parts of the production process so we need access to multiple parts of ASG. ASG, like any other new system, can be a bit daunting at first because there are so many things it can do, but that is a good thing! Once you get used to it you will appreciate all the options it has. There are new features being incorporated and updated all the time. I really like the team is all that I have spoken to - because they are super nice, very fast at responding to tickets and always willing to help me.

Pros

For our company... - great for sales and CRM - organized - many options on reports and filtering - marketing to filtered lists - dashboard has everything I need to see through out the day - customer service is super responsive and very pleasant to talk to - developers take my ideas into consideration - continually pushing out new updates with new features - training videos and courses - attractive/not boring looking

Cons

For our company... - isn't quite what our production team needs - having to use QuickBooks Online isn't great but we are working with it - because of all the new updates some bugs occur periodically but once you send them a support ticket on it they fix it immediately - you cannot email back and forth with clients on 1 continuous thread like you would on an external email system

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Hi, Katy! Thank you so much for your feedback and review of Ad Sales Genius! We are so glad to have you and the Farm & Ranch team as valued customers. You and the team are great with providing us feedback on new features and enhancements to the software. We appreciate you and your business! Your Ad Sales Genius Team

Replied October 2018

Matt

Productivity

Overall, if your bottom line is to create efficiency and increase productivity, ASG does the job.

Pros

What I find most valuable in ASG is in its ability to quickly pull up a contact and call them directly from the program (I use ASG via smartphone), and once call is completed, automatically log that call with whatever notes I want to add. It’s definitely increased my ability to reach and create more clients.

Cons

Unfortunately, the email end of things are quite as efficient. I don’t think there’s a way to click an email address in ASG and have it generate an email in an outside email app/program. You can only send emails within the app, and the email function built into the app is just doesn’t work as well as a program like gmail or outlook.

Act!

Response from Ad Sales Genius

We love that you're loving Ad Sales Genius! We'll keep your feedback in mind as we roll out some exciting new software updates this year.

Replied March 2020

Colleen

Love that we switched

This new system has streamlined our invoicing which was one huge issue with our old system.

Pros

We switched from our old platform 2 years ago and could not be happier. The system is so user friendly and the customer service far exceeds any other CRM I have used.

Cons

Nothing. I love that they have an option to suggest improvements and I think that is so great to have a company that cares what its clients think. I do wish that when invoices are paid the receipt showed what actually paid for that invoice. MM had that and it was so helpful.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! Our team appreciates your kind words, and we're happy to continue building software that helps your business run more efficiently!

Barb

Ad Sales Genius improving over time

We are looking forward to trying the production module, and we appreciate the fact that the software is improving and changing for the better on a weekly basis. The new tech support people are very responsive.

Pros

We needed a system that allowed us to sync our Quickbooks invoices with sales orders, as our previous double entry was resulting in errors and time spent double checking. Ad Sales Genius seems to work very well with Quickbooks - a few glitches in the beginning and trouble displaying correct history, but now it is working better. It also allows you to set up payment plans and store credit cards, which is a great time saver. The sales reps love the Docusign integration and the reminders function.

Cons

We had a hard time onboarding, both with our previous data from Magazine Manager and AdSystem, as well as with training our reps. We had a lot of frustration with technical support. Now that we are over those hurdles, the sales reps are really liking it - but it took a good 6 months. Don't make this switch during a busy sales cycle!

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Hi, Barb! Thank you so much for your candid feedback about Ad Sales Genius! We appreciate the time that you took to share your experiences from starting with Ad Sales Genius to where you and your team are today. You and your team are valued customers and we are happy to keep bringing out new features for you! Your Ad Sales Genius Team

Replied October 2018

REBECCA

ASG has improved our inter-department communication

Since all our information is stored in one place, it makes communications from Management to Sales to Billing to Production all more seamless as notes can be tied to each individual account for each department to see.

Pros

ASG has allowed us to get rid of multiple other systems that different departments were using and store all our csm and ad information in one place.

Cons

There are improvements that can be made to the graphics side of how ASG integrates with our existing printing processes.

Reasons for switching to Ad Sales Genius

We had to utilize several workarounds to make magazine manager work with our magazine. ASG was a more seamless fit.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

We're happy to hear that Ad Sales Genius is such a great fit for your magazine! Thanks for the kind reviewit means a lot to our team!

Malky

Great Software!

Ad Sales Genius has helped our company mainstream our process in many ways.

Pros

I love that the software is constantly being updated and many things that we asked for were implemented very quickly.

Cons

I was hoping that commissions would be calculated automatically, but we couldn't do it based on our commission structure.

Reasons for switching to Ad Sales Genius

We were looking for something easier to use and more flexible

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius, Malky! We're delighted to hear our CRM software is helping your magazine streamline its processes!

Replied August 2019

Katrina

Great software

I do like it, quite a bit.

Pros

I appreciate the dependability of this ASG software, knowing that our goals and sales can be seen clearly and accurately. The CRM function is excellent too. The one feature I would definitely bring back, and the one that set this software a part and my team loved so much, is the falling color confetti on the screen after a sale is "won." While this may seem frivolous, sales is so dependant motivation and this confetti upon closing was highly motivating for our team.

Cons

Removal of the confetti. Having to scroll from 2018 (date we started on ASG) to current month when booking products. It causes errors when people don't look at the year properly. It's easy to miss. I think there should be a dropdown menu for this to cut down on the amount of scrolling and booking errors.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! Our team appreciates that you have chosen our ad sales software to run your business, and we are delighted to have you as a customer.

Replied March 2020

Lisa

ASG: Perfect CRM for Multi-Channel Publishing

Transparency is the biggest issue that has been solved with ASG. Reps can see if invoices are paid for, they can see if other team members are communicating with their accounts, they can see the artwork as its uploaded to ASG via the portal, they can see all contacts, industry, account history and so forth, all in one place. On the dashboard they can track their individual goals, team goals, and other reports like YOY, expired contracts, tasks, follow ups and so forth.

Pros

I like the ability to use ASG across all of our departments, from sales organization, sales, forecasting, production, accounting and even editorial from time to time. We have different kinds of products, some are inventory and time based, others are monthly, others are quarterly and all fit into this one CRM.

Cons

If ASG had an email sequencing tool than we would be able to save even more money on our sequencing software.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We love to hear that our software is able to help you sync up your departments and run more efficiently!

Hyrum

Industry: Farming

Great for the sales team, not the best for production, but the benefits outweigh the setbacks

Overall, ASG has helped us keep track of leads and communication among our sales staff is better than ever. A lot of business was being lost because of a lack of followup, and not because of any fault of the sales team, but it is very difficult to filer and focus on leads without a good crm. I would recommend this for any sales team in the ad sales business.

Pros

Our team loves the collaborative features that helps us coordinate strategy and puts all of our data in one, easy to access space. Sales have improved as we used followup features and put more emphasis on tracking leads. We had a good system before, but ASG has really turned things up a notch for our team.

Cons

The only group on our team that has difficulty with integration is our production team. Integration with adobe seems to be rather clunky at times and does increase their workload a bit. Having a platform to directly upload ads has helped them a lot in putting together artwork for advertisements and they save time there, but if production team isn't very skilled with adobe like ours, it might be a deal breaker for using this product.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! Your feedback has been passed along to our team. That said, we're thrilled to see that you're pleased with the quality and value of our publishing CRM software!

Replied July 2020

Ranessa

Helps Me Do My Job!

It has helped me so much in keeping up with when contracts expire and all throughout the process. I love the software and have already recommended it to several companies in town!

Pros

It's ease of use and the many features it provides that help ensure the process of selling from start to finish is without headaches.

Cons

I feel like in the invoicing it could be more customizable. For example, we have a few advertisers that are not always on time in paying their bills. It would be nice to have a "PAST DUE" option other than assigning a payment plan. Also, in the proposals - we cater to small companies and often times the total number (i.e. amount after 12 months) scares them off from signing an agreement. If we could take the "subtotal" & "total" feature of the contracts it may make getting clients to sign for more than 1 month at a time a bit easier.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

We're happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius! Thank you so much for recommending us to others! With regards to invoicing, creating custom templates within settings lets you choose (or hide) the types of information displayed to clients, and setup is fast and easy! There are also some payment plan invoice options that may help you display past due payment amounts more effectively. Please feel free to reach out to our support team, and we'll walk you through these items!

Replied April 2019

todd

Industry: Publishing

Get started you won't regret it.

Overall a very pleasant and rewarding experience. Are there "hiccups" of course, but improving overall efficiencies always does. I can't imagine running a publishing company without a CRM and ASG is the best and most innovative CRM we could find.

Pros

I appreciate ASG continued pursuit to excellence. They adapt to the marketplace changes quickly.

Cons

Onboarding ASG to your entire team will be a change. Most people don't like change. I suggestive "dive in head first" and engage every department right away. They will thank you after three months.

Reasons for choosing Ad Sales Genius

I was an early adopter of ASG and Magazine Manager at the time didn't offer a lot of what we were looking for out of a CRM.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius. Our team appreciates your longtime support. We're excited to continue helping your business maximize its efficiency and crush its sales goals for years to come!

Replied May 2021

Kevin

Easy to Use with Great Functionality

I have 200 accounts that I'm responsible for selling to and managing. ADS helps me with my call cadence by docuementing all calls. It also tracks all my emails and even allows me to set reminders and add notes.

Pros

Ad Sales Genius is very user friendly. It's very easy to use and helps me stay on top of my accounts.

Cons

There's really nothing that I don't like about it.

I changed jobs.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We're excited to see that you're saving time each day with our account management features!

Cindy

Ad Sales Genuis is Best CRM I Have Ever Used

I am very happy our company uses ASG because it helps me be more efficient, which allows me to have more time for generating sales not managing data. It is easy to use and helps me manage my projects.

Pros

I can find everything I need on the client page: contact info, email correspondence, contracts, invoicing, past due balances, notes and follow ups. I love the docu-sign feature which makes managing my renewals so much easier for both me and the client. Reports are easy to run and system runs smoothly.

Cons

Cannot think of anything I don't like. I wish I knew how to use the email marketing tool or how to set up templates but that is on me for not taking the time to learn how to do this.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Cindy, thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! Our team truly appreciates your kind feedback!

Replied September 2021

Publishing Ease

supportive and incredibly useful.

Pros

The usability of this software is leaps and bounds above other systems i've used. It's helped our company organise all communication and information into one organised format.

Cons

The third party extension for the email integration is rather patchy.

Overall better product.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We appreciate your kind words, and we're pleased to hear that your switch to our software has been satisfying.

Replied September 2020

Rob

Industry: Online Media

ASG Top Notch

Pros

Tied in perfectly to our needs. Ease of use and functionality top notch.

Cons

Call log and notes could be laid out a bit better so not so cumbersome.

Keap and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Thank you for the review of Ad Sales Genius! Our team appreciates your kind feedback, and we're delighted to have you as a customer.

Ad Sales Genius