• Pros

• "I love the convenience and easy access to multiple devices."

• "Easy to use and has great reports that are easy to understand to keep a great view of whats going on in the organization."

• "The tool is the perfect size and quality that I was looking for. Customer service is amazing. "

• Cons

• "It's not clear exactly how it syncs with Quickbooks, which is key to our billing operation. Difficult to get a person on the phone for support (excellent communication via email, however)."

• "It has some glitches but a quick support ticket and they have answers for you and will help you out. "

• "There are some glitches from time to time but always seem to be quickly addressed by their support team. "

Browse Ad Sales Genius Reviews

Sean from The Davis Media Company

Industry: Publishing

Ad Sales Genius - There's no solution that is better in the business.

My overall experience... the team at ASG is extremely helpful. Very supportive. Incredibly responsive. When I started a new publishing company, I wondered how I would do so many of the administrative tasks that were previously managed by a number of people at an old publishing company in admin, sales, design/production, accounting etc. We really were watching every dollar and putting all our resources into sales. Discovering Ad Sales Genius was critical in the early stages of our business. I consider this platform very important to our day-to-day operation and a key factor to our success and continue growth.

Pros

Ad Sales Genius is by far the very best cloud-based CRM and all-in-one publishing solution in the media business. I could go on and on about each area I will list below, but Ad Sales Genius truly has everything covered. I especially like that ASG is built to drive sales and with the integrations with VOIP providers for click-to-dial features that ultimately increase productivity in daily call volume... to sending insertion orders via Docusign for a quick digital signature, it really helps your team and your clients. - Reporting... I don't think I've ever work with a better system that has thought of it all. You don't need custom reports with Ad Sales Genius... there are reports for everything and anything you can think of. - Production... managing artwork proofs and sending via ASG for approvals at the click of a button. Then having the approved ad assigned and visually accessible to that particular insertion is great! - Flat planning! The ability to go in and build a visual of your publication, dropping in all the editorial content and ads where they should be. Designers can have this as a guideline giving them more time to be creative. - Workflows... "When this happens, the system needs to do this..." We're just getting into this as it's a new feature but in our early testing, we love it. This will really help assist our media reps to better assist their clients. There are just far too many pros to list. Invoicing / Commissions / Templates... it just does it all.

Cons

The real con is that I didn't know about Ad Sales Genius when they first came to market!

Mike from RGP MEDIA / Texasliving

Industry: Publishing

Implementation of the ASG software was a game-changer

Business Issues we are solving with ASG: 1) Communication - both internal & external 2) On-time & even early payments due to Invoicing being connected to the on-line payment gateway. 3) Significant reduction in the need for data entry 4) Organization - Customer information and notes are being utilized to better inform anyone that may come in contact with the account 5) Contracts being connected thru Docusign has added an efficiency in workflow

Pros

The ability for the entire organization to begin communicating under one primary CRM software. Sales/Marketing, Operations and Finance departments are all utilizing the same source for information for the first time in our companies histroy. Our internal communication as a company has benefited in a dramatic way!

Cons

1) Limitations on being able to place reports on dashboards. For sales reps, some of the most useful information is found under "Advertisers & Leads" .. for instance, last insertion date for contracts that are expiring. 2) Limitation on the ability to utilize Marketing Automation, Lead Segmentation and planned communication that is based on the timeline that is relevant to the individual contact. We are still utilizing Infusionsoft for our Marketing Campaigns. 3) On-boarding experience could be improved. I feel that we are still only utilizing 50% of what this software is designed to do. Part of that is because our team may not realize what is possible and they have found routines or even developed daily patterns around thier understanding of the software. I know that we have made decisions on needed processes within the business, based on a limited understanding of the software and how other companies are maximizing the potential. - I would recommend "assessments that are initiated by ASG every 90 days" that allows you to communicate to clients how the software could better optimize thier work. Also, those touchpoints could help generate the feedback you may need, if your looking at ways to expand the softwares capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

We were utilizing too many different software's. Production, Sales, Marketing and even Finance all had softwares that were specific to the department.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your review of Ad Sales Genius! It's great to see that our CRM software is improving your team communication as well as other business issues. Our team will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to evolve our software. We have some exciting changes launching in the near future that should address some of these points. Stay tuned for details!

Kevin from Peake Media

Easy to Use with Great Functionality

I have 200 accounts that I'm responsible for selling to and managing. ADS helps me with my call cadence by docuementing all calls. It also tracks all my emails and even allows me to set reminders and add notes.

Pros

Ad Sales Genius is very user friendly. It's very easy to use and helps me stay on top of my accounts.

Cons

There's really nothing that I don't like about it.

I changed jobs.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We're excited to see that you're saving time each day with our account management features!

Jessica from New Orleans Weddings Magazine

Industry: Publishing

I really wanted this to work for us

Pros

There is very little I liked about this software.

Cons

When we signed up for this software, we were sold on features that, unknown to us, were not fully functional, nor anywhere close to being fully functional. Specifically, we were told this software had a trade show sales function that allowed vendors to select booths from an interactive map which was exactly what we needed. We prepaid for a year of service anticipating that this software offered this among many other features. When we tried to use this function, we found out it not ready to use and would instead be "coming soon." We were also told by the sales rep that she never actually said that it did have this feature and unfortunately we were stuck for a full year. We were not off to a great start. Our sales rep also failed to mention that MOST everything else we purchased this software for would require us to purchase several other apps in order to work. Strike 2 - at least be honest about what will be needed to make this software work! I purchased this to REPLACE other apps, not be forced to add new and more expensive ones. Otherwise, set up of literally everything involved with this software is terribly complicated and this software is not at all intuitive to use. I get that there is a learning curve to anything, but when a "solution" makes processes two and three times more difficult and complicated, it's not a solution at all.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2019

Jessica, we're sorry you did not enjoy your experience with Ad Sales Genius, and we've taken swift measures to ensure a situation like yours won't happen again. We wish you and your publication the best in the future.

Colleen from SPOTLIGHT

Love that we switched

This new system has streamlined our invoicing which was one huge issue with our old system.

Pros

We switched from our old platform 2 years ago and could not be happier. The system is so user friendly and the customer service far exceeds any other CRM I have used.

Cons

Nothing. I love that they have an option to suggest improvements and I think that is so great to have a company that cares what its clients think. I do wish that when invoices are paid the receipt showed what actually paid for that invoice. MM had that and it was so helpful.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! Our team appreciates your kind words, and we're happy to continue building software that helps your business run more efficiently!

Jeanne from TouchPoint Innovative Solutions

Industry: Publishing

This software has eliminated the need for extra systems

Customer support and training are great. The staff is always looking for ways to improve the system. We came from salesforce, and the difference in the organization cultures is evident on how they treat customers. We no longer have to manage from spreadsheets and the integration with quickbooks means that we spend much less time dealing with bookkeeping inconsistencies.

Pros

Very pleased with the issue based management. Easy to see sales, payments, invoices to be sent, etc. I have just started to participate in the mini-genius university calls and am learning more with every call. It is easy for both the ad sales staff and management to use.

Cons

It would be great to be able to identify if a contract is a renewal or not (we pay differently on these.) We would love to have an app so sales people could use it easier on the road from their phone.

Reasons for Choosing Ad Sales Genius

The staff at Ad Sales Genius that made our sales demonstration were able to answer all of our questions easily. It gave us confidence that the software transition would be smooth. We did not want to remain in a situation where it was difficult to reach the information we use on a daily basis.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

Cost and it was not easy to manage the magazine flow through it. It also did not integrate with quickbooks and our bookkeeping costs were rising.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We are happy to see how much you are enjoying our publishing CRM software!

Molly from Chronogram Media

Streamlines Multiple Processes Wonderfully

We had a frustrating beginning with Ad Sales Genius, due in large part to a varied history of data we imported, but the ASG team was there to provide assistance daily. Now, over 2 years out, we've been able to simplify and consolidate a lot of redundant processes (especially within the accounting department) to make things run much more smoothly than they did with Magazine Manager. Since the ASG software is constantly changing and adding new features, it is nice to be able to see in real time any suggestions or requests we've made for improvements in the various functions, and I appreciate the entire ASG workforce for making that happen.

Pros

I love the transparency across functionalities within ASG. It's very helpful when trying to keep multiple departments working on the same project all on the same page.

Cons

Figuring out how to manipulate various reports to gather the data I needed took some time and a certain amount of finesse. Luckily the ASG team was there to provide guidance.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

Magazine Manager, while useful for many years, felt stuck in the past. Ad Sales Genius combined the features of multiple softwares we had been using, so we were able to only have to consult one database, instead of four.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius. We're excited to see how much you enjoy our software, and our team is thrilled to have you as a customer!

Andrew from Mortgage News Network

Game changer for publishers ... but wait, there's more

We needed a solution that production, sales, accounting sales would not only use, but LOVE. Their training was perfect. Always very responsive to issues we have. And the best part, as awesome as we think it is, it just keeps getting better. I feel like once every few months there's a new feature added.

Pros

Very intuitive. Plays well with other services. Mobile experience is on point! We love the ease of building complex contracts. Email contracts with DocuSign and payments build in. Reporting is amazing. ASG makes this fun again. Subscription module is also amazing.

Cons

The email composer isn't perfect. Can't merge first names in mass emails.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

Magazine Manager is a great product. They helped us going from entering an ad in 7 times to only 2 times. However the additional features and ease for sales reps to create contracts with some slick CRM tools made ASG a slam dunk for us.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied October 2019

Thank you so much for the kind review, Andrew! The Ad Sales Genius team loves working with you, and we're happy to do everything we can do to build and support the ad sales software you use to run your business!

cathie from LINKS Golf Media

ASG Review

It has been enjoyable. Not difficult to use and it's productive.

Pros

It's easy to use. Has an intuitive logic to it. It's flexible and easy to make changes. I've been adding contacts and love the avatar feature, how it so easily links to my photo file or directly to a website. ASG understands the realities and intricacies of the advertising sales process--from prospecting, goal setting, data info, communication and production. The training videos are a good reference source to review a function.

Cons

The questions that are linked to the training videos should be more in sync with the content of videos. Sometimes the questions didn't effectively cover the subject matter.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

It wasn't my decision. But I'm glad they did. The other system seemed clunky, tedious and difficult to use.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Thank you, Cathie! We're excited to see that you are enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius! Our team works hard to ensure that our CRM software complements the processes that go along with advertising and media sales, and we thank you for your kind review!

Denise from Chicago Style Weddings

User Prospective

Pros

Still getting use to it. I do like the proposal feature and sending a DocuSign

Cons

Do not like the emails being posted to the dashboard - they need to be posted to each client but NOT on a public dashboard

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

Company was acquired and new company uses ASG

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2020

Welcome to Ad Sales Genius - we're happy to have you as a customer! Regarding your feedback, the dashboard email feature is actually a setting that can be turned on or off by account admin users. Be sure to check out one of our upcoming training webinars or Genius University events to learn more about our software and its capabilities!

Katy from Farm & Ranch Publishing, L.L.C.

Give it a try!

Our company is very small - we have a total of 6 ASG users - and we all have our hands in different parts of the production process so we need access to multiple parts of ASG. ASG, like any other new system, can be a bit daunting at first because there are so many things it can do, but that is a good thing! Once you get used to it you will appreciate all the options it has. There are new features being incorporated and updated all the time. I really like the team is all that I have spoken to - because they are super nice, very fast at responding to tickets and always willing to help me.

Pros

For our company... - great for sales and CRM - organized - many options on reports and filtering - marketing to filtered lists - dashboard has everything I need to see through out the day - customer service is super responsive and very pleasant to talk to - developers take my ideas into consideration - continually pushing out new updates with new features - training videos and courses - attractive/not boring looking

Cons

For our company... - isn't quite what our production team needs - having to use QuickBooks Online isn't great but we are working with it - because of all the new updates some bugs occur periodically but once you send them a support ticket on it they fix it immediately - you cannot email back and forth with clients on 1 continuous thread like you would on an external email system

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied October 2018

Hi, Katy! Thank you so much for your feedback and review of Ad Sales Genius! We are so glad to have you and the Farm & Ranch team as valued customers. You and the team are great with providing us feedback on new features and enhancements to the software. We appreciate you and your business! Your Ad Sales Genius Team

Matt from Momentous Campus Media

Productivity

Overall, if your bottom line is to create efficiency and increase productivity, ASG does the job.

Pros

What I find most valuable in ASG is in its ability to quickly pull up a contact and call them directly from the program (I use ASG via smartphone), and once call is completed, automatically log that call with whatever notes I want to add. It’s definitely increased my ability to reach and create more clients.

Cons

Unfortunately, the email end of things are quite as efficient. I don’t think there’s a way to click an email address in ASG and have it generate an email in an outside email app/program. You can only send emails within the app, and the email function built into the app is just doesn’t work as well as a program like gmail or outlook.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

We love that you're loving Ad Sales Genius! We'll keep your feedback in mind as we roll out some exciting new software updates this year.

Barb from Nei-Turner Media Group, Inc.

Ad Sales Genius improving over time

We are looking forward to trying the production module, and we appreciate the fact that the software is improving and changing for the better on a weekly basis. The new tech support people are very responsive.

Pros

We needed a system that allowed us to sync our Quickbooks invoices with sales orders, as our previous double entry was resulting in errors and time spent double checking. Ad Sales Genius seems to work very well with Quickbooks - a few glitches in the beginning and trouble displaying correct history, but now it is working better. It also allows you to set up payment plans and store credit cards, which is a great time saver. The sales reps love the Docusign integration and the reminders function.

Cons

We had a hard time onboarding, both with our previous data from Magazine Manager and AdSystem, as well as with training our reps. We had a lot of frustration with technical support. Now that we are over those hurdles, the sales reps are really liking it - but it took a good 6 months. Don't make this switch during a busy sales cycle!

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied October 2018

Hi, Barb! Thank you so much for your candid feedback about Ad Sales Genius! We appreciate the time that you took to share your experiences from starting with Ad Sales Genius to where you and your team are today. You and your team are valued customers and we are happy to keep bringing out new features for you! Your Ad Sales Genius Team

REBECCA from RGP Marketing

ASG has improved our inter-department communication

Since all our information is stored in one place, it makes communications from Management to Sales to Billing to Production all more seamless as notes can be tied to each individual account for each department to see.

Pros

ASG has allowed us to get rid of multiple other systems that different departments were using and store all our csm and ad information in one place.

Cons

There are improvements that can be made to the graphics side of how ASG integrates with our existing printing processes.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

We had to utilize several workarounds to make magazine manager work with our magazine. ASG was a more seamless fit.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

We're happy to hear that Ad Sales Genius is such a great fit for your magazine! Thanks for the kind reviewit means a lot to our team!

Katrina from Artslandia

Great software

I do like it, quite a bit.

Pros

I appreciate the dependability of this ASG software, knowing that our goals and sales can be seen clearly and accurately. The CRM function is excellent too. The one feature I would definitely bring back, and the one that set this software a part and my team loved so much, is the falling color confetti on the screen after a sale is "won." While this may seem frivolous, sales is so dependant motivation and this confetti upon closing was highly motivating for our team.

Cons

Removal of the confetti. Having to scroll from 2018 (date we started on ASG) to current month when booking products. It causes errors when people don't look at the year properly. It's easy to miss. I think there should be a dropdown menu for this to cut down on the amount of scrolling and booking errors.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! Our team appreciates that you have chosen our ad sales software to run your business, and we are delighted to have you as a customer.

Malky from Ami Magazine

Great Software!

Ad Sales Genius has helped our company mainstream our process in many ways.

Pros

I love that the software is constantly being updated and many things that we asked for were implemented very quickly.

Cons

I was hoping that commissions would be calculated automatically, but we couldn't do it based on our commission structure.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

We were looking for something easier to use and more flexible

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius, Malky! We're delighted to hear our CRM software is helping your magazine streamline its processes!

Lisa from Chronogram Media

ASG: Perfect CRM for Multi-Channel Publishing

Transparency is the biggest issue that has been solved with ASG. Reps can see if invoices are paid for, they can see if other team members are communicating with their accounts, they can see the artwork as its uploaded to ASG via the portal, they can see all contacts, industry, account history and so forth, all in one place. On the dashboard they can track their individual goals, team goals, and other reports like YOY, expired contracts, tasks, follow ups and so forth.

Pros

I like the ability to use ASG across all of our departments, from sales organization, sales, forecasting, production, accounting and even editorial from time to time. We have different kinds of products, some are inventory and time based, others are monthly, others are quarterly and all fit into this one CRM.

Cons

If ASG had an email sequencing tool than we would be able to save even more money on our sequencing software.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We love to hear that our software is able to help you sync up your departments and run more efficiently!

Hyrum from Malcolm Media

Industry: Farming

Great for the sales team, not the best for production, but the benefits outweigh the setbacks

Overall, ASG has helped us keep track of leads and communication among our sales staff is better than ever. A lot of business was being lost because of a lack of followup, and not because of any fault of the sales team, but it is very difficult to filer and focus on leads without a good crm. I would recommend this for any sales team in the ad sales business.

Pros

Our team loves the collaborative features that helps us coordinate strategy and puts all of our data in one, easy to access space. Sales have improved as we used followup features and put more emphasis on tracking leads. We had a good system before, but ASG has really turned things up a notch for our team.

Cons

The only group on our team that has difficulty with integration is our production team. Integration with adobe seems to be rather clunky at times and does increase their workload a bit. Having a platform to directly upload ads has helped them a lot in putting together artwork for advertisements and they save time there, but if production team isn't very skilled with adobe like ours, it might be a deal breaker for using this product.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied July 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! Your feedback has been passed along to our team. That said, we're thrilled to see that you're pleased with the quality and value of our publishing CRM software!

Ranessa from Trophy Case Magazine

Helps Me Do My Job!

It has helped me so much in keeping up with when contracts expire and all throughout the process. I love the software and have already recommended it to several companies in town!

Pros

It's ease of use and the many features it provides that help ensure the process of selling from start to finish is without headaches.

Cons

I feel like in the invoicing it could be more customizable. For example, we have a few advertisers that are not always on time in paying their bills. It would be nice to have a "PAST DUE" option other than assigning a payment plan. Also, in the proposals - we cater to small companies and often times the total number (i.e. amount after 12 months) scares them off from signing an agreement. If we could take the "subtotal" & "total" feature of the contracts it may make getting clients to sign for more than 1 month at a time a bit easier.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied April 2019

We're happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius! Thank you so much for recommending us to others! With regards to invoicing, creating custom templates within settings lets you choose (or hide) the types of information displayed to clients, and setup is fast and easy! There are also some payment plan invoice options that may help you display past due payment amounts more effectively. Please feel free to reach out to our support team, and we'll walk you through these items!

Publishing Ease

supportive and incredibly useful.

Pros

The usability of this software is leaps and bounds above other systems i've used. It's helped our company organise all communication and information into one organised format.

Cons

The third party extension for the email integration is rather patchy.

Overall better product.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied September 2020

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We appreciate your kind words, and we're pleased to hear that your switch to our software has been satisfying.

Bryson from New South Media Inc

Made My life a lot easier

Pros

I really liked the reporting features. Prior to this software, I spent an inordinate amount of time creating spreadsheets to help track my sales, do year to year comparisons, and have a clear report of how my sales are doing. With Ad sales genius, I have the tools to do those reports in a 1/10 of the time I was putting in before.

Cons

Occasionally the search function is a little bit quirky, you can search for a word nothing comes up, but then later on you will find it.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius. We are happy to see that our software has made your workday a lot easier!

Rob from MFV Expositions

Industry: Online Media

ASG Top Notch

Pros

Tied in perfectly to our needs. Ease of use and functionality top notch.

Cons

Call log and notes could be laid out a bit better so not so cumbersome.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

Thank you for the review of Ad Sales Genius! Our team appreciates your kind feedback, and we're delighted to have you as a customer.

Kelly from At Home in Arkansas

Industry: Publishing

Great move for our company

Once we worked through the transition from another product, it was much easier to navigate. Customer Service with Ad Sales Genius has been amazing. Anytime we have had issues they have walked us through. The training videos are extremely helpful as well.

Pros

It's an all in one product. We like being able to do everything needed for an issue start to finish. Our clients love the customer portal and the ability to upload their artwork, view their account balance, etc.

Cons

When going back and forth from reports to a client screen you have to enter into search each time, wish the previous window would stay open.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

We were looking for a program with more features. We like the features it offers to our clients. Digital invoicing with digital tear sheet, customer portal for payments. Digitals proofing has also been a huge benefit for us.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! Our team is thrilled that you love our publishing CRM software. We value your business, and we look forward to helping your company succeed with Ad Sales Genius for years to come!

Autumn from Advocate Media

First Time User

But overall, the software accommodates our needs with a few bumps and bruises.

Pros

I just started at this company about 6 months ago and this was my first experience with Ad Sales genius. There was some necessary training required, but over the interface and interaction has been great. The staff is available and able to video chat which is very helpful, when we need them.

Cons

I do think the email conversation could be improved. Sometimes the responses are as helpful as we would like. Perhaps we are not explaining in detail what the issue is, but the feedback can be less than stellar to try to troubleshoot how to fix the problem.

Reasons for Choosing Ad Sales Genius

Unfortunately, I was not included in making this decision. So, I can't exactly speak on what the deciding factor was. However, we have stayed and haven't ventured to anything else so we like the product and will continue to use it.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We're happy to see that you're satisfied with our software, and we thank you for your feedback!

Jordan from NOCO Style

Industry: Publishing

Ad Sales Genius Review - OVERALL GREAT!

Pros

The most impact features are the contract creations and unity it brings as a team. This software not only helps create contracts with ease from the back end but the contracts also look clean and professional when sent to be reviewed and signed. I also feel that our team is more united or at least in the loop with one another since we have 'real time' updates on everyone's progress throughout the month!

Cons

The software overall was a bit confusing when we first transitioned and there is still a lot that I personally need and want to explore. I really only use the software to find or update advertisers and contacts and to make contracts and I feel that after some time those have become easier to navigate.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius. We're excited to hear that our publishing CRM software has improved your contracts process and your team's overall communication. If you're seeking personalized training on any particular area of our software, sign up for one of our free biweekly Genius University web training sessions - we're here to help!

Elaina from Blue House Sales Group

Ad Sales Genius Review

So far it's been good. Initially, our team had a rocky start because our structure is maybe a little different than the average ASG customer but the software's customization options were part of why we chose it. Ultimately, the ASG team has worked with us to accomplish what we need and successfully transfer information over and organize it as close to correctly as possible with minimal manual work on our part.

Pros

I find it to be overall very intuitive which is often not the case for this type of software. In sales, it makes most sense for back end work to be quick, easy and efficient and I think Ad Sales Genius is all of those things.

Cons

There are a few things that seem rigid, like the process for deleting a contract. You pretty much have to just cancel the insertion for a contract. It's also not super simple to edit a contract once it's been won—and I understand why this might be more complicated, but advertisers do change their minds. I also am having issues figuring out how to copy a proposal and edit it, which is important for renewal time!

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied November 2018

Hi, Elaina! We appreciate your feedback and comments on your experience with Ad Sales Genius. There are several business rule configuration options with regard to contracts that your Admin can change for contract edits. We reviewed your account and see that the settings are currently set to the most restrictive; we encourage you to speak with your Admin to review the settings and see if there are some business rules that can be changed to make it easier to update contracts for your customers.

Christopher from Artslandia

ASG Review

If i ever run into a problem or have a question, I get immediate support.

Pros

Simple Web Ad Server has saved me hours of uploading ads to our website. So far great at keeping organized.

Cons

It takes a bit to get the hang of. The videos I think need to be updated.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

I believe and Sales Director made the decision.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Glad to see that our CRM software is helping you keep your online advertising organized, Christopher! Our support team appreciates the kind words, and we are working diligently to make the Ad Sales Genius training experience and documentation better than ever.

Andrew from Mortgage News Network

Industry: Publishing

This made selling ads fun for me again

We needed a better way to build contracts. Wanted a more modern experience for our users. Their support team is amazing. VERY responsive to feature requests.

Pros

Easy of use. Fast and intuitive GUI. Constantly improving (I thought it was perfect, but somehow these guys find ways to step it up). It's NOW fun to build contracts.

Cons

I met the owner many years back and I mistook his confidence for cockiness and this misjudgement delayed my purchase. I wish I knew then what I knew now and I would've been onboard way earlier.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied February 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience with Ad Sales Genius. We're thrilled that you love our product, and we look forward to continuing to serve you and your company!

Joseph from MFV Expositions

Adsales Genius for Trade Show Companies

I have been using the software for under a year but my experience has been quite satisfying overall with the product. Not saying we have not run into problems, but the support team have been snappy with responses and seemed willing to help at all times.

Pros

The Software is easy to navigate and to use. The customer support is knowledgeable and punctual with responses. It is overall a friendly user-interface that most should be able to adapt to quickly.

Cons

There are small flaws that are usually easy fixes. Most of the problems we run into are how pages are formatted with the organization of information/ability to perform certain actions when pulling lists or gathering info etc. But nevertheless, issues seem to be preferable fixes for our company mostly.

Referral from another user/price

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

I was not employed during the time of the switch

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Joseph, thank you for the review of Ad Sales Genius! We're happy to see you enjoy using our CRM software for trade shows and event services. Our support team appreciates your kind feedback!

Lura from Root Publishing

User Friendly!

10/10!!!

Pros

This software does everything you need in one place!! So user friendly as well.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time but still using.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

We needed a place to do everything !!

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We appreciate your kind words, and we're happy to be your all-in-one publishing sales software!

Ann from Smiley Pete Publishing

All Sales Genius Is a All in One Tool

It has really helped me keep myself organized and on track with my clients. I don't know how I got along with out it. It is so user friendly and takes very little time to learn. It also helps keep client lists so everyone know who has what client. That is very helpful and I can look at the list where ever I am. I use it everyday all day in some capacity or another.

Pros

I love that this software not only keeps track of accounts but also does all the accounting. I can see client lists, invoices, agings and keep track of client emails all on the site.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about this system. Maybe the editing of client info is the thing I had most trouble with but it was easy once I realized I wasn't doing it right.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the wonderful review! Our team appreciates the kind words, and we're happy that you are loving Ad Sales Genius!

Lawrence from On Time Media, LLC

One size does not fit all. For our business, ASG is a perfect fit.

Pros

We are a multimedia business with a print magazine, network of websites, trade show, newsletters and radio show, before finding ASG, we were on the largest (and most expensive) CRM in the world. We struggled with the multiple add-ons you had to purchase and customize for an advertisng based business. ASG takes care of every aspect of the CRM process for an ad based organization. Just because there's the biggest CRM available out there, one size does not fit all.

Cons

With any CRM - commit to a minimum of one year! It really takes that time to get adjusted and your team feeling comfortable using ASG.

Christopher from BenefitHub

ASG Review

Pros

Once you learn this software, it's easy to work your way around. Customizable templates. Prompt customer service. Consistent updates and saves, and information can be entered easily. Adaptable to multiple environments

Cons

Customer service is moving towards a self service model for an expensive product. Updates sometimes can mess up the general formats

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ad Sales Genius! We're so glad you're enjoying our software! Regarding your experience with our support and updates, we aim to keep things as smooth as possible for users as we add new functionality. You're always welcome to directly contact our support team via telephone for any urgent support requests. The reason we encourage a support ticket beforehand is to help document issues to create an even better user experience for all!

John from Chesapeake Bay Media

Publisher

positive and easy to use

Pros

Ease of use for all departmental personnel

Cons

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied November 2018

Hi John! Thank you for the great review! We've hired many more new staffers to the team in the recent year. You are welcome to call us anytime at: 855-464-3648 and press 2 for support. For QuickBooks, we might need to schedule a time with a subject matter expert for any advanced questions regarding this feature. Thank you for being a customer of Ad Sales Genius and we look forward to continuing to serve you and your company!

Adam from ShipInsight

Could be good

Not worth investing in software that is inflexible with a support team that doesn't really care.

Pros

Its great to see a CRM focused on media sales. There is a lot that this software gets right.

Cons

The support is non existent. It is as if this company doesn't want your business. The pricing compared with industry leaders such as salesforce, Pipedrive, etc is stuck in the 1990's. Whilst many take on board feedback these guys don't . Its almost as if they built it for one publisher and are unwilling to make it flexible for other publishers.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied September 2018

Hi Adam, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you were disappointed in the free trial and our pricing. We have instituted a five user minimum because of the amount of time we spend helping our customers during trained and setup. As you know, we are a niche product and not a generic solution like PipeDrive or SalesForce; our team spends a lot of time one-on-one with our clients. I know you live in Europe and have a significant time difference from our standard business hours. Our records show you have not yet setup a demo with us. If you would like to talk with one of our team members, please don¿t hesitate to reach out! I wish you all the best with your start-up publication.

Angela from Gulf Coast Woman Magazine

ASG is Absolutely Superiorly Great

Pros

The flow of features. Keeping notes and followups are seamless with reminders. Logging insertions, invoicing, and emailing are seamless. No need to "remember" to go back and do something. All just flows and several tasks are accomplished in minimal time.

Cons

Sometimes editing is hard. There is a particular sequence of buttons to push, so the learning curve for using the software is pretty steep. In other words, it's nonfunctional until you do it right. However, once the operator learns the sequence of steps, it is easy.

Reasons for Switching to Ad Sales Genius

ASG offered more features for overall production from start to finish.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied December 2020

We truly appreciate your review of Ad Sales Genius! We're thrilled that you are loving our publishing CRM software. Regarding your feedback, we're rolling out a variety of new tutorials and resources that are designed to help you start using our features even faster. Thank you for being an Ad Sales Genius customer!

Jonathan from SkoolLive, Inc.

Industry: Online Media

Great products, many features, attentive to needs, customized to advertisement sales, genius!

Revenue Share Functionality Advertisement Inventory Selection Customized Contract Proposal Generation E-Sign Capability Customized Reporting Recurring Payments Capability Propescting Opportunity Creation and Tracking

Pros

Ad Sales Genius is full of beneficial features and the company continually is working to help customize and further improve the software to give added new features to our business model. ASG encompasses a large majority of functions within our sales and accounting system needed to track and monitor data for reporting within our business. Address and monitor any tickets open in a timely and efficient manner. The insertion order to invoice to cash collection process is automated and helps save time and labor by making it easy to process invoices and collect payments.

Cons

Couldn't say much about what I don't like about this software. I haven't had any issues that I can speak of.

Dana from Wedding Planner & Guide

Industry: Publishing

Where have you been all my life!

From the beginning they took us step by step through the training, always answer our questions in a timely manner and always working to make the system better. They do well at keeping us informed of changes and new opportunities.

Pros

This software makes it very easy to keep track of leads & advertisers, execute contracts, work on ad production, invoicing and payments.

Reasons for Choosing Ad Sales Genius

I had considered other options, but this seemed most fitting for what we have to offer: print, website and events.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied June 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We are so happy to see that you are thrilled with our ad sales software, and we truly appreciate your business!

Cindy from Santa Monica Daily Press

Excelent Platform

Easy to use , has all the we need to operate a daily newspaper. Not only for production but accounting and so on. You dont need different programs ASG has it all built in that you only need one platform .

Pros

This is such a user friendly program that helps us put out our daily newspaper everyday. Few easy steps and you it lays out our flat plan of what will go in that daily newsprint. i love that it integrates with other systems with use as well like mail chimp and Broadcast. By far one of the easiest programs I used that is an all for one system.

all in one system

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Cindy, we're thrilled to see that you love using our CRM to help run your daily newspaper! We work hard to offer the best all-in-one software platform for media production, and the entire Ad Sales Genius team is encouraged by your positive feedback!

Patty from RGP Media LLC

Intuitive Platform

ASG is one stop shop and I appreciate that concept.

Pros

ASG is a user friendly platform and most features are intuitive. I value the full integration from the lead/contact/contract points on the sales side to the invoice/payment/report/commission features on the accounting side. The "activity" feature that is seen and shared by all levels of the team is most valuable.

Cons

From an Accounting perspective I would like to see the ability to forecast true revenue potential- project cash in the bank on a per month basis. I would like more flexibiity with the report features as well. It would be nice to generate a report focusing on one field (any field I choose) for various time periods.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We're grateful to have you as a customer, and our team is pleased to see that you're loving our CRM software!

Ad Sales Genius Review

Very positive

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use everyday. I enjoy the reports it is able to create.

Cons

Tutorial videos to learn how to use. Search function.

Different industry

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied April 2021

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We're happy to see that you enjoy using Ad Sales Genius every day. Stay tuned for some exciting updates we'll be rolling out for training and common processes throughout 2021!

Nicole from AJR Media Group

Cheetah speed and style

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and FAST.

Cons

More training videos would be a big plus.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Our team believes cheetah-like speed is a wonderful thing when it's combined with a friendly user experience. Glad to see you agree, Nicole! Thank you for choosing Ad Sales Genius as the CRM software you use to help you run your company - stay on the lookout for new and updated training videos rolling out soon!

Brittni from Publishing

Ad Sales Genius

This CRM system if great. I believe that the company has worked hard to implement things that we have requested which is super helpful and their support team responds very quikly.

Pros

I like how bright the dashboard is. I think that there are many ways to set up reminders and log information that is vital for your team and yourself when you work with money and clients

Cons

I still don't think the flat plan has been properly fixed, I believe there is a lot of potential for this with the business I work in.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied February 2019

Brittni, we are thrilled that you are enjoying our product! Based on your feedback, a member of our support team will reach out to you shortly to help you configure your flat plan settings in a way that works best for your team. Thank you for being a customer!

Tracy from Midwest Nest Magazine

Industry: Publishing

Excellent & Reliable Resource!

I've had a great experience with this company and the software - I would recommend it to everyone!

Pros

I love that it's very reliable - we are a fast-moving industry and we need quick organization that won't let us down.

Cons

There are so many features, I sometimes find it hard to navigate just to find the simple sales reports or a simple way to edit contracts. We only use a small percentage of the options, but I do sometimes wish it was scaled down a bit.

Reasons for Choosing Ad Sales Genius

Customer service, more advanced system with more options.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the glowing review, Tracy! Your kind words mean a great deal to the entire team here at Ad Sales Genius!

Carleen from South Dakota Magazine

Still much to learn

Positive and a great product overall.

Pros

The updates to the software make the program easier to use in regard to client management but still have a lot to learn.

Cons

It seems challenging to make any even slight changes to a contract once it's been 'won' which makes it appear a mess to clients. That might just be something to figure out with the new software updates but it's a critically important day to day resource that doesn't seem intuitive at the moment.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We're happy to see that you enjoy our software and would recommend it to others. Stay tuned for more exciting updates throughout 2021!

Nick from Spotlight

Pros

Cons

Took a while to get use to but the training was helpful

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Geniuswe're delighted to hear that you're enjoying our CRM software!

Ian from ShopLiftr

Excellent new platform

Overall, a very good experience despite my two minor issues.

Pros

The interface is easy to to use for the most part, with a very high degree of functionality for the price. By far beats out other web-based CRM programs for functionality. You can run an entire media outlet (or chain) using this platform. Their customer service people are quite responsive & even offer custom fixes when its within their capabilities.

Cons

My only two issues with this platform are integrating email & customizing invoices. The first is more likely on our end due to multi-factor authentication, but when I highlighted this with their customer service team they were responsive & able to fix the issue & integrate my email. The second issue is due to the type of business I work for & the kind of ad units we're booking. Because of this I am unable to put run dates on my invoices for specific ad units. They are working on this fix, but just haven't quite gotten there yet. For now, we simply use our old invoicing system.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your kind words about Ad Sales Genius, Ian! Our team is happy to see that you are so pleased with our product, and we are excited to have you as a customer!

Pam from Peake Media

Love Ad Sales Genius!

Pros

In my career I have encountered complicated sales software that was so layered I spent more time entering information then prospecting and selling. Ad Sales Genius makes it easy for me to concentrate on what I am best at...selling.

Cons

I am very happy with the software all and all.

new job had Ad Sales Genius

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius - your positive feedback means a lot to our team!

Sam from PAL Media

Great team, great product

The overall process has been great. The team involved are all really helpful and knowledgeable and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. They are very receptive to feedback & requests for development and certain things can be updated very quickly. Even though we are a long way away I feel fully supported. The software itself has given me so much better visibility of where things are up to and how the team are doing.

Pros

It has already solved the majority of the problems you come across when publishing any kind of magazine or even digital / exhibition space advertising. The process is made very straightforward & takes away the need to have to think about what to do next.

Cons

We are based in the UK which has presented some issues with certain functionality that is not yet available here. We have needed to amend some of our processes around what the system currently does/doesn't do. Ideally I'd like a little more flexibility around reporting.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2019

We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius as much as we enjoy having you as a customer. Our team is happy to help your company with all of its CRM software needs! Thanks for the kind words!

Lea from American Welding Society

Love Ad Sales Genius

Pros

Once you learn how to do the reports, they are golden. The more I learn about the program the more i love it. It is great for our needs for sales, invoicing and mass emails.

Cons

Learning to put everything into the program. I don't like that is shows the Sizes Dimensions of the ads on the Contracts, it should show the Product Name and Size of ad like the invoices.

Reasons for Choosing Ad Sales Genius

Budget and what can be done within the program.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius. We're truly thrilled to see that you love our publishing CRM software!