• Pros

• "I love the convenience and easy access to multiple devices."

• "Easy to use and has great reports that are easy to understand to keep a great view of whats going on in the organization."

• "The tool is the perfect size and quality that I was looking for. Customer service is amazing. "

• Cons

• "It's not clear exactly how it syncs with Quickbooks, which is key to our billing operation. Difficult to get a person on the phone for support (excellent communication via email, however)."

• "It has some glitches but a quick support ticket and they have answers for you and will help you out. "

• "There are some glitches from time to time but always seem to be quickly addressed by their support team. "

Browse Ad Sales Genius Reviews

Sean from The Davis Media Company

Industry: Publishing

Ad Sales Genius - There's no solution that is better in the business.

My overall experience... the team at ASG is extremely helpful. Very supportive. Incredibly responsive. When I started a new publishing company, I wondered how I would do so many of the administrative tasks that were previously managed by a number of people at an old publishing company in admin, sales, design/production, accounting etc. We really were watching every dollar and putting all our resources into sales. Discovering Ad Sales Genius was critical in the early stages of our business. I consider this platform very important to our day-to-day operation and a key factor to our success and continue growth.

Pros

Ad Sales Genius is by far the very best cloud-based CRM and all-in-one publishing solution in the media business. I could go on and on about each area I will list below, but Ad Sales Genius truly has everything covered. I especially like that ASG is built to drive sales and with the integrations with VOIP providers for click-to-dial features that ultimately increase productivity in daily call volume... to sending insertion orders via Docusign for a quick digital signature, it really helps your team and your clients. - Reporting... I don't think I've ever work with a better system that has thought of it all. You don't need custom reports with Ad Sales Genius... there are reports for everything and anything you can think of. - Production... managing artwork proofs and sending via ASG for approvals at the click of a button. Then having the approved ad assigned and visually accessible to that particular insertion is great! - Flat planning! The ability to go in and build a visual of your publication, dropping in all the editorial content and ads where they should be. Designers can have this as a guideline giving them more time to be creative. - Workflows... "When this happens, the system needs to do this..." We're just getting into this as it's a new feature but in our early testing, we love it. This will really help assist our media reps to better assist their clients. There are just far too many pros to list. Invoicing / Commissions / Templates... it just does it all.

Cons

The real con is that I didn't know about Ad Sales Genius when they first came to market!

Jeanne from TouchPoint Innovative Solutions

Industry: Publishing

This software has eliminated the need for extra systems

Customer support and training are great. The staff is always looking for ways to improve the system. We came from salesforce, and the difference in the organization cultures is evident on how they treat customers. We no longer have to manage from spreadsheets and the integration with quickbooks means that we spend much less time dealing with bookkeeping inconsistencies.

Pros

Very pleased with the issue based management. Easy to see sales, payments, invoices to be sent, etc. I have just started to participate in the mini-genius university calls and am learning more with every call. It is easy for both the ad sales staff and management to use.

Cons

It would be great to be able to identify if a contract is a renewal or not (we pay differently on these.) We would love to have an app so sales people could use it easier on the road from their phone.

Reasons for Choosing Ad Sales Genius

The staff at Ad Sales Genius that made our sales demonstration were able to answer all of our questions easily. It gave us confidence that the software transition would be smooth. We did not want to remain in a situation where it was difficult to reach the information we use on a daily basis.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We are happy to see how much you are enjoying our publishing CRM software!

Jessica from New Orleans Weddings Magazine

Industry: Publishing

I really wanted this to work for us

Pros

There is very little I liked about this software.

Cons

When we signed up for this software, we were sold on features that, unknown to us, were not fully functional, nor anywhere close to being fully functional. Specifically, we were told this software had a trade show sales function that allowed vendors to select booths from an interactive map which was exactly what we needed. We prepaid for a year of service anticipating that this software offered this among many other features. When we tried to use this function, we found out it not ready to use and would instead be "coming soon." We were also told by the sales rep that she never actually said that it did have this feature and unfortunately we were stuck for a full year. We were not off to a great start. Our sales rep also failed to mention that MOST everything else we purchased this software for would require us to purchase several other apps in order to work. Strike 2 - at least be honest about what will be needed to make this software work! I purchased this to REPLACE other apps, not be forced to add new and more expensive ones. Otherwise, set up of literally everything involved with this software is terribly complicated and this software is not at all intuitive to use. I get that there is a learning curve to anything, but when a "solution" makes processes two and three times more difficult and complicated, it's not a solution at all.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2019

Jessica, we're sorry you did not enjoy your experience with Ad Sales Genius, and we've taken swift measures to ensure a situation like yours won't happen again. We wish you and your publication the best in the future.

Mike from RGP MEDIA / Texasliving

Industry: Publishing

Implementation of the ASG software was a game-changer

Business Issues we are solving with ASG: 1) Communication - both internal & external 2) On-time & even early payments due to Invoicing being connected to the on-line payment gateway. 3) Significant reduction in the need for data entry 4) Organization - Customer information and notes are being utilized to better inform anyone that may come in contact with the account 5) Contracts being connected thru Docusign has added an efficiency in workflow

Pros

The ability for the entire organization to begin communicating under one primary CRM software. Sales/Marketing, Operations and Finance departments are all utilizing the same source for information for the first time in our companies histroy. Our internal communication as a company has benefited in a dramatic way!

Cons

1) Limitations on being able to place reports on dashboards. For sales reps, some of the most useful information is found under "Advertisers & Leads" .. for instance, last insertion date for contracts that are expiring. 2) Limitation on the ability to utilize Marketing Automation, Lead Segmentation and planned communication that is based on the timeline that is relevant to the individual contact. We are still utilizing Infusionsoft for our Marketing Campaigns. 3) On-boarding experience could be improved. I feel that we are still only utilizing 50% of what this software is designed to do. Part of that is because our team may not realize what is possible and they have found routines or even developed daily patterns around thier understanding of the software. I know that we have made decisions on needed processes within the business, based on a limited understanding of the software and how other companies are maximizing the potential. - I would recommend "assessments that are initiated by ASG every 90 days" that allows you to communicate to clients how the software could better optimize thier work. Also, those touchpoints could help generate the feedback you may need, if your looking at ways to expand the softwares capabilities.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your review of Ad Sales Genius! It's great to see that our CRM software is improving your team communication as well as other business issues. Our team will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to evolve our software. We have some exciting changes launching in the near future that should address some of these points. Stay tuned for details!

Molly from Chronogram Media

Streamlines Multiple Processes Wonderfully

We had a frustrating beginning with Ad Sales Genius, due in large part to a varied history of data we imported, but the ASG team was there to provide assistance daily. Now, over 2 years out, we've been able to simplify and consolidate a lot of redundant processes (especially within the accounting department) to make things run much more smoothly than they did with Magazine Manager. Since the ASG software is constantly changing and adding new features, it is nice to be able to see in real time any suggestions or requests we've made for improvements in the various functions, and I appreciate the entire ASG workforce for making that happen.

Pros

I love the transparency across functionalities within ASG. It's very helpful when trying to keep multiple departments working on the same project all on the same page.

Cons

Figuring out how to manipulate various reports to gather the data I needed took some time and a certain amount of finesse. Luckily the ASG team was there to provide guidance.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius. We're excited to see how much you enjoy our software, and our team is thrilled to have you as a customer!

Andrew from Mortgage News Network

Game changer for publishers ... but wait, there's more

We needed a solution that production, sales, accounting sales would not only use, but LOVE. Their training was perfect. Always very responsive to issues we have. And the best part, as awesome as we think it is, it just keeps getting better. I feel like once every few months there's a new feature added.

Pros

Very intuitive. Plays well with other services. Mobile experience is on point! We love the ease of building complex contracts. Email contracts with DocuSign and payments build in. Reporting is amazing. ASG makes this fun again. Subscription module is also amazing.

Cons

The email composer isn't perfect. Can't merge first names in mass emails.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied October 2019

Thank you so much for the kind review, Andrew! The Ad Sales Genius team loves working with you, and we're happy to do everything we can do to build and support the ad sales software you use to run your business!

cathie from LINKS Golf Media

ASG Review

It has been enjoyable. Not difficult to use and it's productive.

Pros

It's easy to use. Has an intuitive logic to it. It's flexible and easy to make changes. I've been adding contacts and love the avatar feature, how it so easily links to my photo file or directly to a website. ASG understands the realities and intricacies of the advertising sales process--from prospecting, goal setting, data info, communication and production. The training videos are a good reference source to review a function.

Cons

The questions that are linked to the training videos should be more in sync with the content of videos. Sometimes the questions didn't effectively cover the subject matter.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Thank you, Cathie! We're excited to see that you are enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius! Our team works hard to ensure that our CRM software complements the processes that go along with advertising and media sales, and we thank you for your kind review!

REBECCA from RGP Marketing

ASG has improved our inter-department communication

Since all our information is stored in one place, it makes communications from Management to Sales to Billing to Production all more seamless as notes can be tied to each individual account for each department to see.

Pros

ASG has allowed us to get rid of multiple other systems that different departments were using and store all our csm and ad information in one place.

Cons

There are improvements that can be made to the graphics side of how ASG integrates with our existing printing processes.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

We're happy to hear that Ad Sales Genius is such a great fit for your magazine! Thanks for the kind reviewit means a lot to our team!

Malky from Ami Magazine

Great Software!

Ad Sales Genius has helped our company mainstream our process in many ways.

Pros

I love that the software is constantly being updated and many things that we asked for were implemented very quickly.

Cons

I was hoping that commissions would be calculated automatically, but we couldn't do it based on our commission structure.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius, Malky! We're delighted to hear our CRM software is helping your magazine streamline its processes!

Katrina from Artslandia

Great software

I do like it, quite a bit.

Pros

I appreciate the dependability of this ASG software, knowing that our goals and sales can be seen clearly and accurately. The CRM function is excellent too. The one feature I would definitely bring back, and the one that set this software a part and my team loved so much, is the falling color confetti on the screen after a sale is "won." While this may seem frivolous, sales is so dependant motivation and this confetti upon closing was highly motivating for our team.

Cons

Removal of the confetti. Having to scroll from 2018 (date we started on ASG) to current month when booking products. It causes errors when people don't look at the year properly. It's easy to miss. I think there should be a dropdown menu for this to cut down on the amount of scrolling and booking errors.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! Our team appreciates that you have chosen our ad sales software to run your business, and we are delighted to have you as a customer.

Katy from Farm & Ranch Publishing, L.L.C.

Give it a try!

Our company is very small - we have a total of 6 ASG users - and we all have our hands in different parts of the production process so we need access to multiple parts of ASG. ASG, like any other new system, can be a bit daunting at first because there are so many things it can do, but that is a good thing! Once you get used to it you will appreciate all the options it has. There are new features being incorporated and updated all the time. I really like the team is all that I have spoken to - because they are super nice, very fast at responding to tickets and always willing to help me.

Pros

For our company... - great for sales and CRM - organized - many options on reports and filtering - marketing to filtered lists - dashboard has everything I need to see through out the day - customer service is super responsive and very pleasant to talk to - developers take my ideas into consideration - continually pushing out new updates with new features - training videos and courses - attractive/not boring looking

Cons

For our company... - isn't quite what our production team needs - having to use QuickBooks Online isn't great but we are working with it - because of all the new updates some bugs occur periodically but once you send them a support ticket on it they fix it immediately - you cannot email back and forth with clients on 1 continuous thread like you would on an external email system

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied October 2018

Hi, Katy! Thank you so much for your feedback and review of Ad Sales Genius! We are so glad to have you and the Farm & Ranch team as valued customers. You and the team are great with providing us feedback on new features and enhancements to the software. We appreciate you and your business! Your Ad Sales Genius Team

Matt from Momentous Campus Media

Productivity

Overall, if your bottom line is to create efficiency and increase productivity, ASG does the job.

Pros

What I find most valuable in ASG is in its ability to quickly pull up a contact and call them directly from the program (I use ASG via smartphone), and once call is completed, automatically log that call with whatever notes I want to add. It’s definitely increased my ability to reach and create more clients.

Cons

Unfortunately, the email end of things are quite as efficient. I don’t think there’s a way to click an email address in ASG and have it generate an email in an outside email app/program. You can only send emails within the app, and the email function built into the app is just doesn’t work as well as a program like gmail or outlook.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

We love that you're loving Ad Sales Genius! We'll keep your feedback in mind as we roll out some exciting new software updates this year.

Barb from Nei-Turner Media Group, Inc.

Ad Sales Genius improving over time

We are looking forward to trying the production module, and we appreciate the fact that the software is improving and changing for the better on a weekly basis. The new tech support people are very responsive.

Pros

We needed a system that allowed us to sync our Quickbooks invoices with sales orders, as our previous double entry was resulting in errors and time spent double checking. Ad Sales Genius seems to work very well with Quickbooks - a few glitches in the beginning and trouble displaying correct history, but now it is working better. It also allows you to set up payment plans and store credit cards, which is a great time saver. The sales reps love the Docusign integration and the reminders function.

Cons

We had a hard time onboarding, both with our previous data from Magazine Manager and AdSystem, as well as with training our reps. We had a lot of frustration with technical support. Now that we are over those hurdles, the sales reps are really liking it - but it took a good 6 months. Don't make this switch during a busy sales cycle!

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied October 2018

Hi, Barb! Thank you so much for your candid feedback about Ad Sales Genius! We appreciate the time that you took to share your experiences from starting with Ad Sales Genius to where you and your team are today. You and your team are valued customers and we are happy to keep bringing out new features for you! Your Ad Sales Genius Team

Ranessa from Trophy Case Magazine

Helps Me Do My Job!

It has helped me so much in keeping up with when contracts expire and all throughout the process. I love the software and have already recommended it to several companies in town!

Pros

It's ease of use and the many features it provides that help ensure the process of selling from start to finish is without headaches.

Cons

I feel like in the invoicing it could be more customizable. For example, we have a few advertisers that are not always on time in paying their bills. It would be nice to have a "PAST DUE" option other than assigning a payment plan. Also, in the proposals - we cater to small companies and often times the total number (i.e. amount after 12 months) scares them off from signing an agreement. If we could take the "subtotal" & "total" feature of the contracts it may make getting clients to sign for more than 1 month at a time a bit easier.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied April 2019

We're happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius! Thank you so much for recommending us to others! With regards to invoicing, creating custom templates within settings lets you choose (or hide) the types of information displayed to clients, and setup is fast and easy! There are also some payment plan invoice options that may help you display past due payment amounts more effectively. Please feel free to reach out to our support team, and we'll walk you through these items!

Rob from MFV Expositions

Industry: Online Media

ASG Top Notch

Pros

Tied in perfectly to our needs. Ease of use and functionality top notch.

Cons

Call log and notes could be laid out a bit better so not so cumbersome.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

Thank you for the review of Ad Sales Genius! Our team appreciates your kind feedback, and we're delighted to have you as a customer.

Elaina from Blue House Sales Group

Ad Sales Genius Review

So far it's been good. Initially, our team had a rocky start because our structure is maybe a little different than the average ASG customer but the software's customization options were part of why we chose it. Ultimately, the ASG team has worked with us to accomplish what we need and successfully transfer information over and organize it as close to correctly as possible with minimal manual work on our part.

Pros

I find it to be overall very intuitive which is often not the case for this type of software. In sales, it makes most sense for back end work to be quick, easy and efficient and I think Ad Sales Genius is all of those things.

Cons

There are a few things that seem rigid, like the process for deleting a contract. You pretty much have to just cancel the insertion for a contract. It's also not super simple to edit a contract once it's been won—and I understand why this might be more complicated, but advertisers do change their minds. I also am having issues figuring out how to copy a proposal and edit it, which is important for renewal time!

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied November 2018

Hi, Elaina! We appreciate your feedback and comments on your experience with Ad Sales Genius. There are several business rule configuration options with regard to contracts that your Admin can change for contract edits. We reviewed your account and see that the settings are currently set to the most restrictive; we encourage you to speak with your Admin to review the settings and see if there are some business rules that can be changed to make it easier to update contracts for your customers.

Jordan from NOCO Style

Industry: Publishing

Ad Sales Genius Review - OVERALL GREAT!

Pros

The most impact features are the contract creations and unity it brings as a team. This software not only helps create contracts with ease from the back end but the contracts also look clean and professional when sent to be reviewed and signed. I also feel that our team is more united or at least in the loop with one another since we have 'real time' updates on everyone's progress throughout the month!

Cons

The software overall was a bit confusing when we first transitioned and there is still a lot that I personally need and want to explore. I really only use the software to find or update advertisers and contacts and to make contracts and I feel that after some time those have become easier to navigate.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius. We're excited to hear that our publishing CRM software has improved your contracts process and your team's overall communication. If you're seeking personalized training on any particular area of our software, sign up for one of our free biweekly Genius University web training sessions - we're here to help!

Christopher from Artslandia

ASG Review

If i ever run into a problem or have a question, I get immediate support.

Pros

Simple Web Ad Server has saved me hours of uploading ads to our website. So far great at keeping organized.

Cons

It takes a bit to get the hang of. The videos I think need to be updated.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Glad to see that our CRM software is helping you keep your online advertising organized, Christopher! Our support team appreciates the kind words, and we are working diligently to make the Ad Sales Genius training experience and documentation better than ever.

Andrew from Mortgage News Network

Industry: Publishing

This made selling ads fun for me again

We needed a better way to build contracts. Wanted a more modern experience for our users. Their support team is amazing. VERY responsive to feature requests.

Pros

Easy of use. Fast and intuitive GUI. Constantly improving (I thought it was perfect, but somehow these guys find ways to step it up). It's NOW fun to build contracts.

Cons

I met the owner many years back and I mistook his confidence for cockiness and this misjudgement delayed my purchase. I wish I knew then what I knew now and I would've been onboard way earlier.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied February 2019

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience with Ad Sales Genius. We're thrilled that you love our product, and we look forward to continuing to serve you and your company!

Joseph from MFV Expositions

Adsales Genius for Trade Show Companies

I have been using the software for under a year but my experience has been quite satisfying overall with the product. Not saying we have not run into problems, but the support team have been snappy with responses and seemed willing to help at all times.

Pros

The Software is easy to navigate and to use. The customer support is knowledgeable and punctual with responses. It is overall a friendly user-interface that most should be able to adapt to quickly.

Cons

There are small flaws that are usually easy fixes. Most of the problems we run into are how pages are formatted with the organization of information/ability to perform certain actions when pulling lists or gathering info etc. But nevertheless, issues seem to be preferable fixes for our company mostly.

Referral from another user/price

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Joseph, thank you for the review of Ad Sales Genius! We're happy to see you enjoy using our CRM software for trade shows and event services. Our support team appreciates your kind feedback!

Lawrence from On Time Media, LLC

One size does not fit all. For our business, ASG is a perfect fit.

Pros

We are a multimedia business with a print magazine, network of websites, trade show, newsletters and radio show, before finding ASG, we were on the largest (and most expensive) CRM in the world. We struggled with the multiple add-ons you had to purchase and customize for an advertisng based business. ASG takes care of every aspect of the CRM process for an ad based organization. Just because there's the biggest CRM available out there, one size does not fit all.

Cons

With any CRM - commit to a minimum of one year! It really takes that time to get adjusted and your team feeling comfortable using ASG.

Ann from Smiley Pete Publishing

All Sales Genius Is a All in One Tool

It has really helped me keep myself organized and on track with my clients. I don't know how I got along with out it. It is so user friendly and takes very little time to learn. It also helps keep client lists so everyone know who has what client. That is very helpful and I can look at the list where ever I am. I use it everyday all day in some capacity or another.

Pros

I love that this software not only keeps track of accounts but also does all the accounting. I can see client lists, invoices, agings and keep track of client emails all on the site.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about this system. Maybe the editing of client info is the thing I had most trouble with but it was easy once I realized I wasn't doing it right.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the wonderful review! Our team appreciates the kind words, and we're happy that you are loving Ad Sales Genius!

Christopher from BenefitHub

ASG Review

Pros

Once you learn this software, it's easy to work your way around. Customizable templates. Prompt customer service. Consistent updates and saves, and information can be entered easily. Adaptable to multiple environments

Cons

Customer service is moving towards a self service model for an expensive product. Updates sometimes can mess up the general formats

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ad Sales Genius! We're so glad you're enjoying our software! Regarding your experience with our support and updates, we aim to keep things as smooth as possible for users as we add new functionality. You're always welcome to directly contact our support team via telephone for any urgent support requests. The reason we encourage a support ticket beforehand is to help document issues to create an even better user experience for all!

John from Chesapeake Bay Media

Publisher

positive and easy to use

Pros

Ease of use for all departmental personnel

Cons

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied November 2018

Hi John! Thank you for the great review! We've hired many more new staffers to the team in the recent year. You are welcome to call us anytime at: 855-464-3648 and press 2 for support. For QuickBooks, we might need to schedule a time with a subject matter expert for any advanced questions regarding this feature. Thank you for being a customer of Ad Sales Genius and we look forward to continuing to serve you and your company!

Adam from ShipInsight

Could be good

Not worth investing in software that is inflexible with a support team that doesn't really care.

Pros

Its great to see a CRM focused on media sales. There is a lot that this software gets right.

Cons

The support is non existent. It is as if this company doesn't want your business. The pricing compared with industry leaders such as salesforce, Pipedrive, etc is stuck in the 1990's. Whilst many take on board feedback these guys don't . Its almost as if they built it for one publisher and are unwilling to make it flexible for other publishers.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied September 2018

Hi Adam, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you were disappointed in the free trial and our pricing. We have instituted a five user minimum because of the amount of time we spend helping our customers during trained and setup. As you know, we are a niche product and not a generic solution like PipeDrive or SalesForce; our team spends a lot of time one-on-one with our clients. I know you live in Europe and have a significant time difference from our standard business hours. Our records show you have not yet setup a demo with us. If you would like to talk with one of our team members, please don¿t hesitate to reach out! I wish you all the best with your start-up publication.

Jonathan from SkoolLive, Inc.

Industry: Online Media

Great products, many features, attentive to needs, customized to advertisement sales, genius!

Revenue Share Functionality Advertisement Inventory Selection Customized Contract Proposal Generation E-Sign Capability Customized Reporting Recurring Payments Capability Propescting Opportunity Creation and Tracking

Pros

Ad Sales Genius is full of beneficial features and the company continually is working to help customize and further improve the software to give added new features to our business model. ASG encompasses a large majority of functions within our sales and accounting system needed to track and monitor data for reporting within our business. Address and monitor any tickets open in a timely and efficient manner. The insertion order to invoice to cash collection process is automated and helps save time and labor by making it easy to process invoices and collect payments.

Cons

Couldn't say much about what I don't like about this software. I haven't had any issues that I can speak of.

Dana from Wedding Planner & Guide

Industry: Publishing

Where have you been all my life!

From the beginning they took us step by step through the training, always answer our questions in a timely manner and always working to make the system better. They do well at keeping us informed of changes and new opportunities.

Pros

This software makes it very easy to keep track of leads & advertisers, execute contracts, work on ad production, invoicing and payments.

Reasons for Choosing Ad Sales Genius

I had considered other options, but this seemed most fitting for what we have to offer: print, website and events.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied June 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We are so happy to see that you are thrilled with our ad sales software, and we truly appreciate your business!

Cindy from Santa Monica Daily Press

Excelent Platform

Easy to use , has all the we need to operate a daily newspaper. Not only for production but accounting and so on. You dont need different programs ASG has it all built in that you only need one platform .

Pros

This is such a user friendly program that helps us put out our daily newspaper everyday. Few easy steps and you it lays out our flat plan of what will go in that daily newsprint. i love that it integrates with other systems with use as well like mail chimp and Broadcast. By far one of the easiest programs I used that is an all for one system.

Cons

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Cindy, we're thrilled to see that you love using our CRM to help run your daily newspaper! We work hard to offer the best all-in-one software platform for media production, and the entire Ad Sales Genius team is encouraged by your positive feedback!

Brittni from Publishing

Ad Sales Genius

This CRM system if great. I believe that the company has worked hard to implement things that we have requested which is super helpful and their support team responds very quikly.

Pros

I like how bright the dashboard is. I think that there are many ways to set up reminders and log information that is vital for your team and yourself when you work with money and clients

Cons

I still don't think the flat plan has been properly fixed, I believe there is a lot of potential for this with the business I work in.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied February 2019

Brittni, we are thrilled that you are enjoying our product! Based on your feedback, a member of our support team will reach out to you shortly to help you configure your flat plan settings in a way that works best for your team. Thank you for being a customer!

Nicole from AJR Media Group

Cheetah speed and style

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and FAST.

Cons

More training videos would be a big plus.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied August 2019

Our team believes cheetah-like speed is a wonderful thing when it's combined with a friendly user experience. Glad to see you agree, Nicole! Thank you for choosing Ad Sales Genius as the CRM software you use to help you run your company - stay on the lookout for new and updated training videos rolling out soon!

Ian from ShopLiftr

Excellent new platform

Overall, a very good experience despite my two minor issues.

Pros

The interface is easy to to use for the most part, with a very high degree of functionality for the price. By far beats out other web-based CRM programs for functionality. You can run an entire media outlet (or chain) using this platform. Their customer service people are quite responsive & even offer custom fixes when its within their capabilities.

Cons

My only two issues with this platform are integrating email & customizing invoices. The first is more likely on our end due to multi-factor authentication, but when I highlighted this with their customer service team they were responsive & able to fix the issue & integrate my email. The second issue is due to the type of business I work for & the kind of ad units we're booking. Because of this I am unable to put run dates on my invoices for specific ad units. They are working on this fix, but just haven't quite gotten there yet. For now, we simply use our old invoicing system.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your kind words about Ad Sales Genius, Ian! Our team is happy to see that you are so pleased with our product, and we are excited to have you as a customer!

Tracy from Midwest Nest Magazine

Industry: Publishing

Excellent & Reliable Resource!

I've had a great experience with this company and the software - I would recommend it to everyone!

Pros

I love that it's very reliable - we are a fast-moving industry and we need quick organization that won't let us down.

Cons

There are so many features, I sometimes find it hard to navigate just to find the simple sales reports or a simple way to edit contracts. We only use a small percentage of the options, but I do sometimes wish it was scaled down a bit.

Reasons for Choosing Ad Sales Genius

Customer service, more advanced system with more options.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Thank you for the glowing review, Tracy! Your kind words mean a great deal to the entire team here at Ad Sales Genius!

Nick from Spotlight

Pros

Cons

Took a while to get use to but the training was helpful

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Geniuswe're delighted to hear that you're enjoying our CRM software!

Pam from Peake Media

Love Ad Sales Genius!

Pros

In my career I have encountered complicated sales software that was so layered I spent more time entering information then prospecting and selling. Ad Sales Genius makes it easy for me to concentrate on what I am best at...selling.

Cons

I am very happy with the software all and all.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius - your positive feedback means a lot to our team!

Sam from PAL Media

Great team, great product

The overall process has been great. The team involved are all really helpful and knowledgeable and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them. They are very receptive to feedback & requests for development and certain things can be updated very quickly. Even though we are a long way away I feel fully supported. The software itself has given me so much better visibility of where things are up to and how the team are doing.

Pros

It has already solved the majority of the problems you come across when publishing any kind of magazine or even digital / exhibition space advertising. The process is made very straightforward & takes away the need to have to think about what to do next.

Cons

We are based in the UK which has presented some issues with certain functionality that is not yet available here. We have needed to amend some of our processes around what the system currently does/doesn't do. Ideally I'd like a little more flexibility around reporting.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2019

We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius as much as we enjoy having you as a customer. Our team is happy to help your company with all of its CRM software needs! Thanks for the kind words!

Jason from The Davis Media Company

Best publishing software

Best tech support I've ever experienced. Very user friendly and the team is always accommodating to suggestions on new features or improvements.

Pros

This software is incredibly easy to use with no extra bloat that comes with other services. This software is specific to publishing so it works extremely well for us.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. The only (slight) downside is that I have a wish list of features that are still being developed. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as the team is constantly working to make the software better at the direction of the users.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied November 2018

Hi, Jason! Thank you for your feedback; we are glad to hear about your experiences with Ad Sales Genius. We look forward to rolling out even more features for you and your team!

Andrea from Up Here Pulishing Ltd.

Ad Sales Genius Review

I do not like the lack of customer service when you want to speak with an actual person and they prompt email only.

Pros

I love the convenience and easy access to multiple devices.

Cons

The response time to problems with the system.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied February 2019

Hi Andrea, thank you for your feedback on Ad Sales Genius. We are glad you are enjoying our product! Regarding your support concerns, we encourage you to call the toll-free number listed on our website (855-GO-GENIUS), to open a support ticket from the top-right corner within Ad Sales Genius, or to schedule a conversation with us if the issue cannot be quickly addressed by either of those methods.

CRIS from LINKS MAGAZINE

Easy to Use

Very, very positive.

Pros

We moved from a system that wasn't user friendly to ASG and it's been so much easier from a usage and set up standpoint. Plus, having the mobile app is awesome and makes my life much more efficient as I travel all the time.

Cons

I wish I could hit the back arrow button and go to the previous screen (some pages have it and some don't)

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your kind review of Ad Sales Genius. Our team is thrilled to provide an advertising sales software solution that you love!

Kirsten from San Diego Magazine

Good, but could use a few upgrades

Overall the experience is good, but a few things could be improved.

Pros

I like the ease of creating proposals which can be converted into contracts. I also like the marketing function of creating email blasts.

Cons

There is no way to download info into Outlook. Our previous system allowed you to download vcards. It also does not give you a report or way of finding out what email addresses are bad. The email marketing function and creating templates is good, but it’s not always intuitive on adding pictures or pdf’s.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Thank you for your kind review. We are constantly refining the capabilities of Ad Sales Genius, and our team will keep your feedback in mind as we make new updates.

Laurie from Local Life

Powerful yet Easy to use

Pros

Intuitive interface and visual. Great search. Lots of support. Great reporting.

Cons

Wish the CRM had a few more features like auto reminders. They do release bee features frequently so it keeps getting better.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius. Our team is thrilled to support you and your publication, and we're excited to release some cool new updates and features in 2020!

Rebecca from The Davis Media Company

Ad Sales Genius - It's genius!

The support team at ad sales genius is great to work with. They take suggestions and requests seriously and promptly make changes or suggestions when asked.

Pros

I love that everything I neeed from leads to layout it all conveniently in one place!

Cons

It takes time to get used to navigating the software. I find it difficult to teach a new rep the most effective way to use the system.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Our team is delighted to know you appreciate our ad sales software and the work we do every day! Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius - it means a lot to all of us!

Sarah from Tour Collierville Magazine

Ad Sales Genius Review

Pros

User friendly to enter leads, notes, status, and create a contract. I appreciate how this platform allows every team member access to view the status of any client at any time. It is easy to pick up where someone left off and it is simple to teach others how to user this software.

Cons

I sometimes find it difficult to add a new product or special into the system and add to an insertion order. And a back button feature on the software would be a good addition. Other than that, I am very happy using Ad Sales Genius.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2020

We are happy to see that you are loving Ad Sales Genius. Thank you for taking the time to review our advertising CRM software!

Judith from Metromedia Publishers

Industry: Newspapers

Up to the minute

Great service.

Pros

When I use this system I feel confident and know everything is done perfectly.

Cons

Too many steps to get what I need to achieve.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied May 2019

Thank you for reviewing Ad Sales Genius. We're thrilled that you are happy with our ad sales CRM software, and our team is excited to continue to support your company for years to come!

Todd from Omaha Magazine LTD

Magazine Publisher

Responsive and professional.

Pros

Intuitive software that gives me real time information I need to manage in a few short clicks.

Cons

Changing to Quick Books on line. A blessing and curse all in one.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius, Todd! We're thrilled that you're a fan of our software!

Jen from Chronogram Media

Great CRM Software

Pros

I've been using ASG for a year or so and it's made my much easier in regards to keeping track of client relations, updates, tasks, follow-ups, invoicing and more. The Opportunities pipeline is GREAT!

Cons

I'd like to be able to get back into a contracts screen without having to go back to the client home screen.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your Ad Sales Genius review. We are so happy to hear that our publishing CRM software is making your day-to-day tasks easier!

Evelyn from Space Coast Magazines

Great productivity tool

My experience has been positive and I think Ad Sales Genius is a great tool for all teams.

Pros

Ad Sales Genius has some great features for remote working, it has facilitated the process of designing and building publications by integrating sales and editorial assignments, automatically populating flatplans. I love this feature!

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about the software. I think it works well and the interface is easy to use.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! Our team is thrilled to see that you're so completely satisfied with our software. We appreciate your feedback!

Alex from SRG

Excellent CRM for marketing, advertising and publishing

The ability to seamlessly manage a prospect through the sales cycle and production process with all departments working together. This has also allowed us to fine tune our policies, procedures and customer retention strategies.

Pros

Automation features, Customer service, being able to nurture and track prospects, full management of the production process.

Cons

That we didn't implement it across all of our departments sooner.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied November 2018

HI Alex! Thank you for the online review! You and your team has been a joy to work with. Ad Sales Genius is here to assist you with any needs you have. Thank you for choosing Ad Sales Genius! -The Genius Team

ASG for ME!

I am enjoying it, because I have everything in one spot. I was the first one to really get to try this out where we are working, and I am able to do so much with this, and it just has been so helpful!

Pros

I enjoy the software, it has so many features that work well for me. It helps keep my leads in order, reminds me to call on people, the contracts are easy to send to customers, you have pagination there, your artists can send you edits, and it just keeps everything in one place! From your lead all the way to the sale, the product, and the invoice!

Cons

It was a challenge to pick up, and I am still not familiar with all, but the tutorials are helpful, and the customer service team is very quick with issues or questions. So really no con :)!

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied February 2019

We are delighted to hear that you are enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius! Thank you for choosing us!

george from Omaha Magazine

The Pros and Cons of ASG

Easier control of accounts payables and the reporting of the back end processes

Pros

It help[s me have better control of my clients in all aspects from start to finish

Cons

For me I get confused when I try to use more than 1 tool at the same time.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied March 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius - our team truly appreciates it!

Karyn from SRG Services, Inc.

Ad Sales Genius - a CRM & Invoicing application designed for publications + more

Absolutely fantastic customer service and always eager and willing to listen to our suggestions!!

Pros

ASG is the first sales CRM that really gets how our media business operates and provides our team the tools we need to provide a great customer experience while tracking revenue.

Cons

That it wasn't available for our business 15 years ago.

Response from Ad Sales Genius

Replied November 2018

Hi, Karyn! Thank you so much for your feedback about Ad Sales Genius. We are happy to have you as a customer and appreciate your suggestions!