What are Prophet CRM users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Prophet CRM software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ease of working with Outlook, great as a tool to look up customers in geographic area and understand their sales history."
  • icon"The integration into outlook makes it very easy to use. The customization aspect also allowed us to make it relevant to our niche industry."
  • icon"What i like the best about Prophet CRM is that it is very user friendly and its customer service is always there to help us."
  • icon"Confusing aspects to the contacts and how they sync together."
  • icon"Having some trouble understanding the Prophet contacts and how they relate to Outlook contacts."
  • icon"I don't like the warnings for too many screens open."

Browse all Prophet CRM Reviews

• Have you used Prophet CRM and would like to share your experience with others?

Cherilyn

April 2016

Prophet as a Sales Tool

What I like best about this product is that it is easy to use, yet more complex depending upon needs. It is easily customized to meet individual business needs and allows us visibility to our entire team with regards to meetings, contacts, opportunities, etc. What I like the best about this vendor is that they are extremely responsive, very helpful and knowledgeable about their product. Their different tiers of service walk you through each element of your issue until completely resolved, which usually has a quick turn around time. They are also really helpful with training and answering all types of questions about their product. I would recommend that anyone evaluating this software should evaluate it fully, by downloading a demo and inputting test information. Itis the only way to see what it is capable of, which is a lot.

Pros

This software has many pros, including its integration with Outlook. It is easy to install, and there are lots of training sessions and videos available for use. There is no separate system to log into, it is always open and available, no passwords to get through.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much that I don't like about the product. Sometimes it can have its quirks but the engineers at Avidian are constantly updating the software so that any issues that are encountered are fixed in constant product updates and releases.

Dani

Industry: Industrial Automation

Easy to use, hard to forget

Prophet has dramatically increased our speed to quote & has given us more visibility on what is in the pipeline. The workflow manager has been useful for follow up.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it crashes when I am inputting information. When this is an issue support is usually quick to help.

Reasons for choosing Prophet CRM

Prophet was a better value & had much more customization for our business. It is also a lot more intuitive to learn & the outlook integration makes it easy to work into your daily routine.

Response from Avidian Technologies

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! I'm thrilled to read that by using Prophet your company has become more productive!

August

September 2016

3 years running it as a user and 3 years using as an administrator

Pros

Scale-ability and the capability to mold to a lot of different companies business models. The vendor is good about fixing issues quickly but sometimes difficult to distinguish between an actual error and a company specific business process. There are a ton of purchasable add-on's from third parties that can and do make this a wonderful software if you have the money.

Cons

Slow to implement vendor driven Idea's Network from user ideas. The product feels extremely slow once you get used to running the system and is glitchy because of the method chosen to release updates and advancements. Vendor Runs a continuous improvement program with multiple releases a year so as they are designing new features at the same time they are cleaning errors and glitches rather than waiting a long time for advancements and a rock solid release. This could also be considered good and bad if you need an advancement, you don't have to wait! Since this software can mold to a large variety of business models it can make training difficult and long due to the complexities of the software's advanced features.

Brad

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

If you use Outlook you can use Prophet

Overall very positive experience. The support has been great. We now have an easy to use CRM that lives in our email client that is always used.

Pros

The CRM is an integrated part of Outlook. If you didn't know better, you'd think it is a feature of Outlook.

Cons

It's only available on PCs. There are so many possibilities that it can be overwhelming.

Integrated with Outlook

Reasons for switching to Prophet CRM

BrightMove's CRM is rudimentary and only a feature of a larger product.

Response from Avidian Technologies

Thanks for posting a review! I'm happy to read that you find our product helpful and easy to work with :)

Laura

Intuitive, Easy to Manage and Integrated

It lets you get going quickly and creating contacts and opportunities on the first day. We did a few hours of training and problem-solving from Avidian with a shared screen, which helped, but is a bit pricey.

Pros

The program is easy to manage and customize to your ever-changing needs. The program is also intuitive, you can mostly figure out how to use, enter and customize without a lot of assistance. It's great that it fully integrates into Outlook, where it can even create Tasks and track emails.

Cons

It feels a bit "clunky" and needs some further refinement. The user interface needs a bit more refinement. It has so many customization options and things you can do, but it's hard to unpeel and see every option.

Reasons for switching to Prophet CRM

Everyone liked how it can be customized to our needs and fully integrates into Outlook.

Response from Avidian Technologies

I'm glad that you find Prophet CRM useful. Thanks for the review!

Tod

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Prophet CRM review

Pros

As the IT Manager for Sherwood Lumber, my responsibility is to insure the software runs smoothly and the data integration with our ERP system works correctly. The software has had very few problems. We have been able to leverage the data integration capabilities of Prophet to provide important information from our ERP system to the sales people out in the field on their cell phones and other mobile platforms. They can manage Customer information on their mobile device and changes get updated in our ERP system, which keeps our Customer Contact information accurate. Our managers are able to monitor activities in the CRM to get a better feel for the interaction between our sales people and our customers and we are able to better organize our corporate marketing because of the data we are able to collect with Prophet. The people at Prophet have been great to work with. Both their sales and technical staff are knowledgeable and professional.

Cons

I have no specific complaints about Prophet specifically. The software platform fits our CRM needs and Prophet supports us well.

Socrates

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Overall great but not for everyone

Overall this is great but if you're organization uses Macs then maybe this isn't for you.

Pros

It is very easy to use and price-wise, it's cost efficient. Links to Outlook very well and scans other applications like MailChimp within your MS Outlook program to assist in future marketing opportunities. Customer service is also great - very quick to respond.

Cons

In order for it to run properly, you must be running the most recent version of MS Outlook. If you use Mac computers then you're going to have a headache working around to get Outlook to run on your system and use this program with ease.

Mike

Prophet CRM feedback

Keeping accounts/customers aware of NEW Products and opportunities when they develop and keeping them up-to-date as programs or opportunities develop through time.

Pros

Keeps me accountable to my tasks and customers

Cons

Unable to cut and past in the "Opportunity Description field

Increase capabilities

Response from Avidian Technologies

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! To copy and paste in the Opportunity Description field you can highlight the text you want copied and press "Ctrl-C" to copy it. Then, place your cursor where you want it to be copied to and press "Ctrl-V" to paste.

Replied October 2019

Feels antiquated in both functionality and aesthetics

Pros

Avidian Prophet is a CRM software that is installed into your Microsoft Outlook program. If you do not have Microsoft Outlook, you cannot use this software. You also must be running the most recent version of Outlook. Since it runs inside of Outlook, there is no need to open any additional software or browser tabs to use this software. Pricing-wise, as far as CRM systems go, Prophet seems reasonable. Their customer service is also great, as any time I've had an issue, I've received a reply within just a few hours, tops. In addition, it does a great job at allowing our sales team and sales managers to see what clients need attention, and what verticals we should be focusing our efforts on, based on real data collected by Prophet. It uses the connection to your emails as well as 3rd party software (such as Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc) to analyze client interaction with your marketing efforts.

Cons

Prophet requires the most up-to-date version of Microsoft Outlook to run, so there are additional software costs to consider in addition to the costs of Prophet. You must also have the most recent Microsoft Windows operating system. If you are a Mac user, you will either have to run Bootcamp with a copy of Windows, or will have to use software such as Parallels. Again, increasing the cost of using Prophet because so many other programs/things are needed. It also seems to have some performance issues, and seems to lag computers down quite a bit. The software itself is not very easy to use and required quite a bit of training for me to be able to use it, and I had to consult my detailed notes regularly to use the software correctly. Also, it is just plain ugly.

Bill

April 2016

Very User Friendly

Prophet is one of the more user friendly CRMs I have ever dealt with. Customizable and easily accessible without having to open up any additional programs is a huge plus. We use it for tracking our marketing and client service operations and has been working out quite well.

Pros

The ability to customize pretty much any field is a definite highlight of this program along with the ability to export into Excel and create spreadsheets with any of the given information within Prophet is a true timesaver.

Cons

Since the program is geared towards more the sales efforts within a company, not all of the features are able to be manipulated in a way to pull the built in reporting features.

Prophet CRM brings out the Best in Outlook

Overall excellent with ready support!

Pros

Easy integration with Outlook. Intuitive data entry and reminders. Easy for everybody to see what's going on in their areas.

Cons

Really needs Windows 10 to operate Best. bogs down with Windows 7. Reports can be difficult to program for transfer to company systems.

economics, support

Response from Avidian Technologies

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! I'm happy to read that Prophet is adding value to your company.

Jon

May 2015

Using Prophet CRM for 5 years

Pros

I like how there are several tabs to categorize your contacts and many areas to include in depth details about each contact. I also like how you can have multiple opportunities for different customers. Obviously, syncing the software with Microsoft Outlook has huge benefits. Being able to schedule tasks that go directly to your calendar allows for a great advantage for scheduling appointments and maintaining an organized schedule.

Cons

I'd like it to be easier to see if a co-worker is working with a customer or lead. I feel like you have to manually search through a list of companies to determine if they've already been entered into the software as a contact. If there was a search bar or a way of searching cities or states that contacts are based out of, it might help minimize the time it takes to verify if someone is already doing business with a company.

Jamie

March 2016

Prophet CRM with a geographically diverse sales team

Pros

It's a very user friendly product - it has the functionality we need along with a short learning curve for end users. Tech support is outstanding. It's ironic that the vendor with the best tech support is the one where I need to use it the least, but for upgrades and platform changes they are outstanding.

Cons

When we were on the on-premises version if the public folder wasn't cleaned out on a regular basis the program would stop linking new data - I would have liked to have an alert or an error message for my end users. We've since moved to the hosted platform and so far there has been no downside.

Brian

March 2016

Great CRM. Easy to use and train Users.

Pros

I really liked the ease of training users on it and how quickly they can pick it up and start using it day 1 after only an hour or so of training. Their Account Management staff and Tech Support are outstanding to work with and very thorough in explaining the software to you and the users. Donnita Weese supports our team as an Account Manager and she is great, couldn't have asked for a better representative to help my team.

Cons

There is not a lot that I do not like about Prophet. I have some functionalities I would like to see added to improve it or that would fit our team better. Biggest complaint I hear from our users is the speed of uploading their leads when first opening their contact or company manager windows.

Steve

User review

Good.

Pros

The software has many, many options to use as you would like.

Cons

Running reports is cumbersome. I'd like to set up reports that I can run for specific customers but I cannot figure out how to make those happen. I'd also like to set up an appointment on my calendar rather than a "task". The buttom for for follow up will only put a task on my calendar, not a specific date.

Rhett

We migrated to Prophet about four years ago from ACT

Pros

the integration with outlook and the ease of being able to continually and seamlessly keep the database updated is worth iots weight in gold. I used ACT for years and by comparison the analogy of Edison to iphone 6+ is valid for ACT to Prophet.

Cons

Technical issues can and do occur from time to time. Its a technical process to resolve these and invariably we need assistance from the help team in Seattle which given the time zones between there and here in Munich can be a little limiting at times

Anthony

Best ERP Software with CRM Integration

It provides a wide range of flexibility to enable a fully functioning

Pros

The flexibility of orders entry, accounting, shipping etc.

Cons

lacking a bit on CRM functionality

Jim

March 2016

A crm solution that does what we need it to, affordably.

Pros

Short learning curve, great integration with outlook, easily connects all of our remote team to one database

Cons

Very minimal mobile device support, and complicated use for apple laptops (virtual windows needed) . The only really effective way to edit/enter the data is with a windows pc. But because of the outlook integration we can at least use/view the data on all of our devices.

Diane

September 2016

I use this product everyday for all parts of my job.

Pros

I like the ability to have all things connected through P21. We don't have to have separate systems to make PO's or use systems in conjunction with this for all of our needs.

Cons

I don't like the warnings for too many screens open. I also don't like that the save and clear buttons are side by side. Many times I have accidentally hit the clear button instead of the save button and have had to redo my work.

Terry

1.5

March 2015

Positive and Prompt Customer Service

Pros

The screens are easy to ready and function using tabs that with relatively intuitive purpose. Customer service is prompt, friendly, and followed up with a summary email. The reporting functions are very easy to learn.

Cons

Documents saved in records are not searchable. We need to have more data fields within each record which are searchable.

Greg

Industry: Machinery

CRM Integrated with Outlook

Pros

I love how integrated the CRM is with Outlook. It is easy to use and convenient.

Cons

I dislike that changes cannot be made to an entry from the overall views. An Opportunity must be opened in order to change any information in a field. It would be even easier to use if that information could be changed in the "view" screen.

Response from Avidian Technologies

That's a great idea, I'll share that with the team. Thanks for the review!

Bill

I have used Prophet for approximately 4 years

Pros

I like the fact that Prophet works inside of Outlook. I have tried other CRM's that "work with" Outlook and have always found them to be clunky and to not interact with Outlook as well as they claim. I have found the people at Avidian to be very responsive to calls and emails.

Cons

no huge problems. There are a few things they could tweak to make Prophet even better.

Christopher

Industry: Utilities

March 2015

Prophet CRM Review

Pros

I've tried many CRM systems from Salesforce down to cloud-based ones like Zoho. I have to say that Prophet CRM has the right combination of features and usability. Some have so many things I don't need, but Prophet is just right. Best of all, it is all done from within Outlook, so you don't have to go to a separate system. It makes it much easier and convenient.

Cons

Their iPhone application is out of date to say the least. I was told they would have a new version out soon, but am still waiting. I would say if they get this app up to date then that would be good. You can also access Prophet data through the mobile browser, but it's basic info like the app and not real good yet.

Clunky Software and absent technical support

I honestly don't have anything good to say about this product or this company. My interaction with them cost me a three-year detour from my goals and understanding the drivers of my business. Disingenuous apologies and sheepish admittance of the fact that this product is crap is what you can expect from support. Stay away... Stay far away...

Pros

I liked the idea of this software. Having everything in Outlook really sounded appealing, but in actuality, it just never worked for me and my team.

Cons

A report manager that never worked, an analytics manager that never worked, and a technical support team that would rather send a dozen emails in resolution of your concerns than picking up the phone even once.

Tom

Very positive

Pros

The support from Avidian for any questions or issues is excellent. Very responsive to our needs. We use Prophet on a daily basis for funnel management, existing account managment, project management and sales management metrics.

Cons

There is honestly nothing we don't like about Avidian and the Prophet product.

Prophet CRM