• Pros

• "Ease of use & functionality of this product is very user friendly. The customer service so far has been great!"

• "I like the service that company provides, the flexibility of the software, and the ease of teaching the use to our employees."

• "The training was very easy to follow and the staff was knowledgeable. The product can be tailored to your specific needs and has several useful purposes and options."

• Cons

• "Documents saved in records are not searchable. We need to have more data fields within each record which are searchable."

• "Sometimes it crashes when I am inputting information. When this is an issue support is usually quick to help."

• "The learning curve can be difficult, but if you are familiar with similar products you will have a quick learning curve."

Browse Prophet CRM Reviews

Cherilyn from Computer Power & Service, Inc

Prophet as a Sales Tool

What I like best about this product is that it is easy to use, yet more complex depending upon needs. It is easily customized to meet individual business needs and allows us visibility to our entire team with regards to meetings, contacts, opportunities, etc. What I like the best about this vendor is that they are extremely responsive, very helpful and knowledgeable about their product. Their different tiers of service walk you through each element of your issue until completely resolved, which usually has a quick turn around time. They are also really helpful with training and answering all types of questions about their product. I would recommend that anyone evaluating this software should evaluate it fully, by downloading a demo and inputting test information. Itis the only way to see what it is capable of, which is a lot.

Pros

This software has many pros, including its integration with Outlook. It is easy to install, and there are lots of training sessions and videos available for use. There is no separate system to log into, it is always open and available, no passwords to get through.

Cons

Honestly, there isn't much that I don't like about the product. Sometimes it can have its quirks but the engineers at Avidian are constantly updating the software so that any issues that are encountered are fixed in constant product updates and releases.

Dani from Howland Technology, Inc.

Industry: Industrial Automation

Easy to use, hard to forget

Prophet has dramatically increased our speed to quote & has given us more visibility on what is in the pipeline. The workflow manager has been useful for follow up.

Pros

The integration into outlook makes it very easy to use. The customization aspect also allowed us to make it relevant to our niche industry.

Reasons for Choosing Prophet CRM

Prophet was a better value & had much more customization for our business. It is also a lot more intuitive to learn & the outlook integration makes it easy to work into your daily routine.

Response from Avidian Technologies

Replied October 2019

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! I'm thrilled to read that by using Prophet your company has become more productive!

August from Dakota Fluid Power

3 years running it as a user and 3 years using as an administrator

Pros

Scale-ability and the capability to mold to a lot of different companies business models. The vendor is good about fixing issues quickly but sometimes difficult to distinguish between an actual error and a company specific business process. There are a ton of purchasable add-on's from third parties that can and do make this a wonderful software if you have the money.

Cons

Slow to implement vendor driven Idea's Network from user ideas. The product feels extremely slow once you get used to running the system and is glitchy because of the method chosen to release updates and advancements. Vendor Runs a continuous improvement program with multiple releases a year so as they are designing new features at the same time they are cleaning errors and glitches rather than waiting a long time for advancements and a rock solid release. This could also be considered good and bad if you need an advancement, you don't have to wait! Since this software can mold to a large variety of business models it can make training difficult and long due to the complexities of the software's advanced features.

Brad from Concordis LLC

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

If you use Outlook you can use Prophet

Overall very positive experience. The support has been great. We now have an easy to use CRM that lives in our email client that is always used.

Pros

The CRM is an integrated part of Outlook. If you didn't know better, you'd think it is a feature of Outlook.

Cons

It's only available on PCs. There are so many possibilities that it can be overwhelming.

Integrated with Outlook

Response from Avidian Technologies

Replied October 2019

Thanks for posting a review! I'm happy to read that you find our product helpful and easy to work with :)

Laura from DSH

Intuitive, Easy to Manage and Integrated

It lets you get going quickly and creating contacts and opportunities on the first day. We did a few hours of training and problem-solving from Avidian with a shared screen, which helped, but is a bit pricey.

Pros

The program is easy to manage and customize to your ever-changing needs. The program is also intuitive, you can mostly figure out how to use, enter and customize without a lot of assistance. It's great that it fully integrates into Outlook, where it can even create Tasks and track emails.

Cons

It feels a bit "clunky" and needs some further refinement. The user interface needs a bit more refinement. It has so many customization options and things you can do, but it's hard to unpeel and see every option.

Response from Avidian Technologies

Replied October 2019

I'm glad that you find Prophet CRM useful. Thanks for the review!

Tod from Sherwood Lumber

Prophet CRM review

Pros

As the IT Manager for Sherwood Lumber, my responsibility is to insure the software runs smoothly and the data integration with our ERP system works correctly. The software has had very few problems. We have been able to leverage the data integration capabilities of Prophet to provide important information from our ERP system to the sales people out in the field on their cell phones and other mobile platforms. They can manage Customer information on their mobile device and changes get updated in our ERP system, which keeps our Customer Contact information accurate. Our managers are able to monitor activities in the CRM to get a better feel for the interaction between our sales people and our customers and we are able to better organize our corporate marketing because of the data we are able to collect with Prophet. The people at Prophet have been great to work with. Both their sales and technical staff are knowledgeable and professional.

Cons

I have no specific complaints about Prophet specifically. The software platform fits our CRM needs and Prophet supports us well.

Socrates from Panos Management

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Overall great but not for everyone

Overall this is great but if you're organization uses Macs then maybe this isn't for you.

Pros

It is very easy to use and price-wise, it's cost efficient. Links to Outlook very well and scans other applications like MailChimp within your MS Outlook program to assist in future marketing opportunities. Customer service is also great - very quick to respond.

Cons

In order for it to run properly, you must be running the most recent version of MS Outlook. If you use Mac computers then you're going to have a headache working around to get Outlook to run on your system and use this program with ease.

Mike from Fairchild Industries, Inc

Prophet CRM feedback

Keeping accounts/customers aware of NEW Products and opportunities when they develop and keeping them up-to-date as programs or opportunities develop through time.

Pros

Keeps me accountable to my tasks and customers

Cons

Unable to cut and past in the "Opportunity Description field

Response from Avidian Technologies

Replied October 2019

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! To copy and paste in the Opportunity Description field you can highlight the text you want copied and press "Ctrl-C" to copy it. Then, place your cursor where you want it to be copied to and press "Ctrl-V" to paste.

Feels antiquated in both functionality and aesthetics

Pros

Avidian Prophet is a CRM software that is installed into your Microsoft Outlook program. If you do not have Microsoft Outlook, you cannot use this software. You also must be running the most recent version of Outlook. Since it runs inside of Outlook, there is no need to open any additional software or browser tabs to use this software. Pricing-wise, as far as CRM systems go, Prophet seems reasonable. Their customer service is also great, as any time I've had an issue, I've received a reply within just a few hours, tops. In addition, it does a great job at allowing our sales team and sales managers to see what clients need attention, and what verticals we should be focusing our efforts on, based on real data collected by Prophet. It uses the connection to your emails as well as 3rd party software (such as Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc) to analyze client interaction with your marketing efforts.

Cons

Prophet requires the most up-to-date version of Microsoft Outlook to run, so there are additional software costs to consider in addition to the costs of Prophet. You must also have the most recent Microsoft Windows operating system. If you are a Mac user, you will either have to run Bootcamp with a copy of Windows, or will have to use software such as Parallels. Again, increasing the cost of using Prophet because so many other programs/things are needed. It also seems to have some performance issues, and seems to lag computers down quite a bit. The software itself is not very easy to use and required quite a bit of training for me to be able to use it, and I had to consult my detailed notes regularly to use the software correctly. Also, it is just plain ugly.

Bill from Sun Title

Very User Friendly

Prophet is one of the more user friendly CRMs I have ever dealt with. Customizable and easily accessible without having to open up any additional programs is a huge plus. We use it for tracking our marketing and client service operations and has been working out quite well.

Pros

The ability to customize pretty much any field is a definite highlight of this program along with the ability to export into Excel and create spreadsheets with any of the given information within Prophet is a true timesaver.

Cons

Since the program is geared towards more the sales efforts within a company, not all of the features are able to be manipulated in a way to pull the built in reporting features.

Prophet CRM brings out the Best in Outlook

Overall excellent with ready support!

Pros

Easy integration with Outlook. Intuitive data entry and reminders. Easy for everybody to see what's going on in their areas.

Cons

Really needs Windows 10 to operate Best. bogs down with Windows 7. Reports can be difficult to program for transfer to company systems.

economics, support

Response from Avidian Technologies

Replied October 2019

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! I'm happy to read that Prophet is adding value to your company.

May 2015

Jon from Bridge Logistics Inc

May 2015

Using Prophet CRM for 5 years

Pros

I like how there are several tabs to categorize your contacts and many areas to include in depth details about each contact. I also like how you can have multiple opportunities for different customers. Obviously, syncing the software with Microsoft Outlook has huge benefits. Being able to schedule tasks that go directly to your calendar allows for a great advantage for scheduling appointments and maintaining an organized schedule.

Cons

I'd like it to be easier to see if a co-worker is working with a customer or lead. I feel like you have to manually search through a list of companies to determine if they've already been entered into the software as a contact. If there was a search bar or a way of searching cities or states that contacts are based out of, it might help minimize the time it takes to verify if someone is already doing business with a company.

Jamie from Midland Metal Products

March 2016

Prophet CRM with a geographically diverse sales team

Pros

It's a very user friendly product - it has the functionality we need along with a short learning curve for end users. Tech support is outstanding. It's ironic that the vendor with the best tech support is the one where I need to use it the least, but for upgrades and platform changes they are outstanding.

Cons

When we were on the on-premises version if the public folder wasn't cleaned out on a regular basis the program would stop linking new data - I would have liked to have an alert or an error message for my end users. We've since moved to the hosted platform and so far there has been no downside.

Brian from Forward Air

March 2016

Great CRM. Easy to use and train Users.

Pros

I really liked the ease of training users on it and how quickly they can pick it up and start using it day 1 after only an hour or so of training. Their Account Management staff and Tech Support are outstanding to work with and very thorough in explaining the software to you and the users. Donnita Weese supports our team as an Account Manager and she is great, couldn't have asked for a better representative to help my team.

Cons

There is not a lot that I do not like about Prophet. I have some functionalities I would like to see added to improve it or that would fit our team better. Biggest complaint I hear from our users is the speed of uploading their leads when first opening their contact or company manager windows.

Steve from McQueeny Group

User review

Good.

Pros

The software has many, many options to use as you would like.

Cons

Running reports is cumbersome. I'd like to set up reports that I can run for specific customers but I cannot figure out how to make those happen. I'd also like to set up an appointment on my calendar rather than a "task". The buttom for for follow up will only put a task on my calendar, not a specific date.

Rhett from The Conjoint Marketing Group GmbH

We migrated to Prophet about four years ago from ACT

Pros

the integration with outlook and the ease of being able to continually and seamlessly keep the database updated is worth iots weight in gold. I used ACT for years and by comparison the analogy of Edison to iphone 6+ is valid for ACT to Prophet.

Cons

Technical issues can and do occur from time to time. Its a technical process to resolve these and invariably we need assistance from the help team in Seattle which given the time zones between there and here in Munich can be a little limiting at times

Anthony from Y2K Fluid Power

Best ERP Software with CRM Integration

It provides a wide range of flexibility to enable a fully functioning

Pros

The flexibility of orders entry, accounting, shipping etc.

Cons

lacking a bit on CRM functionality

Jim from Seibolld Baker

March 2016

A crm solution that does what we need it to, affordably.

Pros

Short learning curve, great integration with outlook, easily connects all of our remote team to one database

Cons

Very minimal mobile device support, and complicated use for apple laptops (virtual windows needed) . The only really effective way to edit/enter the data is with a windows pc. But because of the outlook integration we can at least use/view the data on all of our devices.

Diane from Dakota Fluid Power

September 2016

I use this product everyday for all parts of my job.

Pros

I like the ability to have all things connected through P21. We don't have to have separate systems to make PO's or use systems in conjunction with this for all of our needs.

Cons

I don't like the warnings for too many screens open. I also don't like that the save and clear buttons are side by side. Many times I have accidentally hit the clear button instead of the save button and have had to redo my work.

Terry from InnvAge

1.5

Positive and Prompt Customer Service

Pros

The screens are easy to ready and function using tabs that with relatively intuitive purpose. Customer service is prompt, friendly, and followed up with a summary email. The reporting functions are very easy to learn.

Greg from eldec LLC

Industry: Machinery

CRM Integrated with Outlook

Pros

I love how integrated the CRM is with Outlook. It is easy to use and convenient.

Cons

I dislike that changes cannot be made to an entry from the overall views. An Opportunity must be opened in order to change any information in a field. It would be even easier to use if that information could be changed in the "view" screen.

Response from Avidian Technologies

Replied October 2019

That's a great idea, I'll share that with the team. Thanks for the review!

Bill from Hanna Commercial

I have used Prophet for approximately 4 years

Pros

I like the fact that Prophet works inside of Outlook. I have tried other CRM's that "work with" Outlook and have always found them to be clunky and to not interact with Outlook as well as they claim. I have found the people at Avidian to be very responsive to calls and emails.

Cons

no huge problems. There are a few things they could tweak to make Prophet even better.

Christopher from Tartan Completions

Industry: Utilities

Prophet CRM Review

Pros

I've tried many CRM systems from Salesforce down to cloud-based ones like Zoho. I have to say that Prophet CRM has the right combination of features and usability. Some have so many things I don't need, but Prophet is just right. Best of all, it is all done from within Outlook, so you don't have to go to a separate system. It makes it much easier and convenient.

Cons

Their iPhone application is out of date to say the least. I was told they would have a new version out soon, but am still waiting. I would say if they get this app up to date then that would be good. You can also access Prophet data through the mobile browser, but it's basic info like the app and not real good yet.

Michael from SFS Therapies

Clunky Software and absent technical support

I honestly don't have anything good to say about this product or this company. My interaction with them cost me a three-year detour from my goals and understanding the drivers of my business. Disingenuous apologies and sheepish admittance of the fact that this product is crap is what you can expect from support. Stay away... Stay far away...

Pros

I liked the idea of this software. Having everything in Outlook really sounded appealing, but in actuality, it just never worked for me and my team.

Cons

A report manager that never worked, an analytics manager that never worked, and a technical support team that would rather send a dozen emails in resolution of your concerns than picking up the phone even once.

Tom from BIS Corporation

Very positive

Pros

The support from Avidian for any questions or issues is excellent. Very responsive to our needs. We use Prophet on a daily basis for funnel management, existing account managment, project management and sales management metrics.

Cons

There is honestly nothing we don't like about Avidian and the Prophet product.

June 2016

Alex from Prismier LLC

June 2016

Gets The Job Done, Crashes A lot, Customer Experience Was Very Bad

Pros

Integrates into Outlook very well. I liked being able to connect the company and the people involved with the project. I created multiple departments that all have their own custom tabs so people can keep track of the information they need. Customizing the views is nice to get a quick glance of what you are working on and it exports to excel.

Cons

Outlook crashes a lot. We have new machines with Outlook 2013 and everyone in the office is having trouble. There is also no dynamic ability to move the project through any stages. You can't exclude null or not null values in the views which forced me to add more fields and make everything more complicated so projects didn't show up or would move off people's views once they were done with their portion. If you plan to host on premise there is still a lot of development work that needs to be done to get things working smoothly. They don't use their own software for the analytics tab and need to fully understand the limitations before signing contracts.

Gary from Motorcar Parts of America

Sales Team Call Reporting Made Easier

Pros

The ease of set-up, use and ability to customize the program. The Prophet support team is outstanding. Training sessions are very helpful.

Cons

There isn't anything that I do not like about the product and vendor - This product and vendor is great.

Jon from A M King

Great integrated product

Pros

It is completely integrated into Outlook allowing me to stay in this application and enter all my client tracking information. Plus the ability to add Outlook tasks directly from the user opportunities I am entering is fantastic to remind me of future times to reach back out.

Cons

That there is no spell check in the opportunity notes section. This is the main area I track all client notes and a simple change could be made to add an automatic spellcheck feature.

Jacob from Fairchild Industries, Inc.

A Great CRM

CRM has been a great accountability piece for myself and others. Keeps you organized so you can manage more.

Pros

Integration with Outlook has been a game changer from our last CRM

Cons

Loading time is slow at startup but is fine thereafter

Response from Avidian Technologies

Replied October 2019

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! We greatly value your feedback.

Scott from Crown Castle

2.5

Prophet CRM Review

Pros

Prophet is incredibly useful for us, because it can be manipulated into what we need it to do. Avidian does a great job at making sure we get help when we ask for it.

Cons

One word. Finicky. Given the nature of the software and what its used for, it can be incredibly difficult to work with.

Mark from ACETEC

April 2015

Love it! User friendly CRM!

Pros

I like all aspects, from the ease of looking up opportunities, creating contacts and opportunities directly from email and how Prophet is integrated into Outlook. The vendor is a great help with support.

Cons

The contact section is a bit unclear. We have many duplicates between Outlook and Prophet and many users for multiple contacts. We are currently working with support to get it cleaned up so it's easier to understand how Outlook contacts sync with Prophet contacts.

Randy from Contract Management Strategies

June 2015

I have been a user for 4 years now and would be lost without it.

Pros

It is a comprehensive client management tool. The interface with Microsoft Outlook is seamless and user friendly. The customer service at Avidian has been outstanding.

Cons

When you have thousands of clients, it can be a bit slow to load.

William from Hanna Commercial Real Estate

Prophet

I first started using Prophet over 7 years ago. I liked the way that it allowed me to stay within the Outlook platform. We had tried other software's that claimed that they integrated with Outlook but always found this to not be entirely true. Prophet truly does. While it can be a robust as you want it to be it is not overwhelmingly complex to use. As sales people, we want to be engaged in the sales process, not engaged in inputting data into a CRM.

Pros

Fully integrated with Outlook Works well in a team environment Easy to use Great customer support

Kelly from Hahn Financial Group, Inc

Prophet CRM

Pros

Software works within outlook. Easy to use, run reports, etc.

Cons

Would like our entire team to be able to view all emails associated with a person. Sometimes when things go wrong, it seems the vendor has difficulty finding out what the problem is.

Matt from BasisCode Compliance

March 2015

Centralize your clients and prospects information

Pros

I like how you can access information on a mobile app, mobile website anytime and anywhere. The vendor offers great support service and are easy to get a hold of.

Cons

They are slow to roll out bug fixes. Overall, there is not much to say anything bad, but from a business development strategy, you need to define a clear workflow. Their workflow is okay, and I believe that if you put a little more thought, Prophet can be an excellent quality affordable product.

Alex from Fairchild Industries

Great Software, Great Value

Pros

Keeps me on task, nothing slips through the cracks

Cons

Get a more user friendly mobile interface and I would use it more.

Response from Avidian Technologies

Replied October 2019

Thanks for taking the time to post a review!

Arijana from Scarbrough International

Prophet review

Pros

Convenience! It is in my Outlook, and I can get to it with the click of one button. It is not separate software.

Cons

I like everything. There are not any negative things I can say about this product right now.

Caroline from ACETEC

Great CRM- easy to use and integrated into Outlook

Pros

Vendor- all customer service, reps are really helpful and patient. Product- great CRM, easy to use and has many features. Integreted into Outlook, so easy to link contacts and emails to opportunities. Easy to track and follow up on opportunities.

Cons

Having some trouble understanding the Prophet contacts and how they relate to Outlook contacts.

Ginger from American Global Logistics

Prophet review

Pros

The simplicity of the product and the ability to navigate anywhere.

Cons

Information for contacts entered into the opportunity section does not populate address and tel number - it makes the listing appear blank if only one contact is missing the details. I am not very familiar with the reporting, but would like to know more.

April 2015

Rob from BRIDGE LOGISTICS INC.

April 2015

A great tool to organize your book of business, and pipeline.

Pros

Organization! Simply put. I don't know how I operated without it, now. Setting next step task reminders, detailed notes, budgets, emails, etc. Just a great overall tool.

Cons

Entering a NEW company and opportunity is kind of a lengthy process that I believe can be shortened.

Chris from Bridge Logistics Inc

Logistics Broker

Pros

I like its ease of use and how it allows us to keep track of sales process.

Cons

Not being able to delete prospects out of the system completely is what I like least.

Brad from Niederman Insurance Agency

Prophet Has Made Our Business More Efficient

Pros

The interface with Outlook is awesome! Very convenient to send specific group emails to clients.

Cons

Sometimes you will get the occasional crashes or tech issues.

Kyle from Green Flush Technologies

I actually use my CRM

Pros

It interfaces with outlook meaning that I don't need to open a webpage to follow my CRM. It made the adoption of the product easy and makes it more simple to keep track of prospects.

Cons

It is certainly not as flashy as other CRM I have seen but what I really wish was better is that it's difficult to track emails using Prophet which was one of the main reasons I wanted to use it. Thankfully I already have outlook open when I use it so searching for emails is not a big problem.

Aaron from Scarbrough International

March 2015

A CRM that really helps me stay on top of my work

Pros

It integrates with Outlook and keeps my calendar in sync. No more double work for me when I make an appointment or set a reminder.

Cons

I just wish they had a mobile app or site so I could use my phone on the go.

Eric from Contract Management Strategies

Efficient, and more

What can I say, I was happy with what Outlook itself did, but now that I use Prophet, well, I cannot function without it. Seamless. Really easy to use, multitasking is a breeze.

Pros

Just so intuitive. I especially like the tracking features.

Cons

I just wish the Analytics were not a whole day behind to see the results.

Kathryn from Vetter Stone Company

February 2015

Prophet: Used for 1.5 years. Very useful for project management.

Pros

I am thrilled about how easy it is to track my sales, contacts, and opportunites through this software

Cons

I am dying for a version that is compatible with Apple products. If I could use this with my iPhone, I would rate it as a 10.

July 2015

Bill from Sun Title Agency

July 2015

A Straightforward CRM worth looking at

Pros

The fact that Prophet is built directly into MS Outlook is convenient and well-managed within the system. It creates for a less clustered environment that can occur when taking on new software.

Cons

Though the product offers many customizable fields, some of the reporting aspects are directly hard wired for a sales cycle type approach and cannot be altered.

Jason from Contract Mgmt Strategies

June 2015

Great way to stay organized

Pros

Plenty of options to make it work for your specific needs. Vendor is responsive when asking for tech support.

Cons

It does have a steep learning curve. So it takes a little patience in the beginning.

Frank from ACETEC

Frank Tso's Prophet 7 Review

Pros

Works in outlook and is pretty intuitive to use. Doesn't slow down computer.

Cons

In general I don't like CRM tools. We have had issues with contacts and duplicates and weird things happening.

Chad from AGL

Logistics Sales and Service

Pros

Cons

There is nothing about either that I am unhappy with.