BigContacts

BigContacts Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"I recently changed careers and this is my first time working in an office setting and using Big Contacts. I learned how to use it very quickly and it is very easy to understand."
  • icon"Easy to add contacts, add activities and send notifications."
  • icon"It was so easy to use - intuitive functionality."
  • icon"The inability to merge companies and contacts, as we have several redundant contacts."
  • icon"Occasionally have lost tag clouds for no known reason. Customer service quickly restores, but is an odd kink."

Have you used BigContacts and would like to share your experience with others?

All BigContacts Reviews

Rakesh

One of the best CRM for marketing

Pros

Email marketing automation by BIGContacts is one of the best we have ever worked with. The drag and drop email designer saves a lot of time and effort. There is a group email feature as well.

Cons

There is no live chat feature available for BIGContacts yet. However, the customer service team is quick and efficient, so it has been manageable so far.

Angela

Just what I was looking for

I started out using Excel but that soon became overwhelming and I knew I needed something more flexible. I tried several CRMs, even one designed for MLM consultants, but Big Contacts had the features a was looking for. I can add custom fields to contacts like favorite product and even run a search by that field. The alerts are super helpful as I don't always go to the website everyday so I will know if I have a task if I get an email. I could opt in for marketing but I'm small enough I can do personal emails. The capture emails from my email isnt working because I have Outlook but I haven't talked to support about it yet to see if there is a work around. That would be awesome if it would capture and add incoming emails to the correct contact!

Pros

Set up automatic task alerts Set up tasks with a series or preset tasks to be completed and get alerts when it's time to complete them Add notes and communication logs to contacts Add documents Custom fields

Cons

More fields than I need as MLM consultant (but I can hide them) Set up takes tim Need Bigger or Biggest plan for email alerts

Reasons for choosing BigContacts

Beehyve was geared specifically for MLMs but didnt have as many features for the same price. Therewerern't email alerts or multistep tasks. Apptivo looked very adaptable but the learning curve was very high. You had to learn a code to set up any function. It might have been more powerful than Big Contacts but I don't have the time to do it all myself as a solo. Plus this is a part time second job business for me. It might be worth a look if you have more people with lots of free time.

Kimberly

Could be better

To us Big Contacts ended up being a glorified Rolodex. Information was time consuming to enter, cross referencing was not easy and needing to print reports to find information was complicated. Customer service however was always available to answer questions and guide us through an issue. In the end, Big Contacts was not what we were looking for.

Pros

The screen was very easy to read and all customer info was clearly displayed.

Cons

Cross referencing was not easy. Searching for certain info was not easy, entering info was time consuming. Didn't like having to print reports to find what I needed. The process to find info was very complicated. We couldn't easily figure out how to link our emails so they were added to the history.

Karen

Industry: Publishing

HUGE RELIEF

One of our sales team discovered BigContacts in Fall 2007 and recommended we try it. At the time we'd tried two other web-based CRM systems with frustrating results. As soon as I saw the clean, easy-to-understand layout of BigContacts, I was sold. We switched over immediately and the entire sales team (and me) felt a HUGE RELIEF. Since 2007, Big Contacts has gone through several major upgrades. I get frustrated at first with each major upgrade because it changes my routine, but I am confident I'll get it figured out quickly with customer service help. I contact customer service and I talk with someone IN THE U.S.A., who speaks perfect English, who is competent, and who is patient and solves my problem. That's it. Done. Again, huge relief. I like BigContacts so much that I've referred clients and friends to use it. All sold. All happy. So... that's my story. I do not exaggerate. Thank you!! -Karen

Pros

1. clean, simple, intuitive, easy to use 2. customer service is prompt, competent, speaks perfect English, is based in the United States

Cons

upgrades are a challenge, but they get solved thanks to the PROS listed above.

Bill

Excellent software

Very responsive group whenever I contact them with questions.

Pros

Ease of use. Cloud based. Great customer service support.

Cons

There is only one thing that I wish was available with this software. Right now whenever you want to move someone from one date to another date on the calendar it must be done individually. Sometimes I want to move multiple contacts at one time and there is no way to do it in a group.

Reasons for choosing BigContacts

Pricing and ease of use.

Rick

I've tried them all....

I am reinstalling my contacts to get back up to running with BC, so ask me in a few months. I don't foree any issues.

Pros

I've been using Big Contacts for over 10 years. Last fall I was thinking I was going a different direction and I was thinking Big Contacts didn't offer what I wanted, so I spent over 2 months trying EVERTYHING out there and I disliked trying to re-learn the OTHER ways programs sorted their contacts. I finally found a replacement for Big Contacts and went with it, and now after 5 months using the other program, I am coming back to Big Contacts. With the new options they have developed, their very competitive pricing and their great customer service, they really CANNOT BE BEAT.

Cons

Nothing so far, contact me in a few months

Anne

CRM for small and medium sized companies

The response to my question today was very fast. Thanks.

Pros

Ability to download our list of contacts into the software. Less expensive than Salesforce. Easy to add contacts, add activities and send notifications.

Cons

The reporting function was/still is not very intuitive or user friendly.

Dave

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

outstanding value

I have found that using the program designed allows me to enter information once and forget about it. It has helped in moving my business to a truly paperless environment. When I am not in the office I can access the mobile app prior to a call to refresh my memory and review the history before a call with a client. Anytime I have had a question or an issue the support team has gotten back to me quickly and has done what they promised.

Pros

The program is easy to navigate and intuitive. I especially like the ability to customize fields to my specific needs.

Cons

Once in a while the program will freeze and the input isn't saved. I'm more aware to clear my browser (Chrome) to maximize efficiency of the program.

Good solution for smaller budget constrained companies

Pros

We have been able to customize it to meet our specific data needs.

Cons

Not totally intuitive and integration with our back end systems requires a lot of work and manual processing.

December 2021

Powerful email marketing

BIGContacts offers excellent marketing automation capabilities. It allows us to track the position of every client in our sales funnel and optimize interactions accordingly. The reporting capabilities of this tool are quite praiseworthy too. Along with standardized templates, the tool also allows us to generate custom reports.

Pros

Customizable email templates and automated drip campaigns have significantly contributed to our marketing efforts. We can share personalized emails with our contacts easily. The group emailing feature allows us to reach out to a particular segment with relevant information. The built-in analytics tool function well.

Cons

It does not offer integrations with some of our preferred tools, such as Slack. Hoping to see more integrations from the tool in the future.

Jerry

The right CRM for taking your company up a notch

I've recommended it to clients that have been driven to tears by the best known sales software. The Demo was sufficient to convince them to change.

Pros

The functionality delivered for the price is terrific. The fact that automated marketing sequences are included make it a better deal than most That, plus simplicity of operation make it a delight for the "little guy."

Cons

You can;t print out the calendar. those of us that live where there are gaping holes in cel coverage need to have a printed calendar for reference almost daily.

Reasons for choosing BigContacts

I needed a solid business oriented CRM for use in a business to support changes in strategy and implementation.

Kalei

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Well worth it!!

We have been using Big Contacts for a few years now. It has been such an easy program to use and has helped us keep all leads organized. Any questions or problems I have ever had with Big Contacts have been resolved very quickly, they truly go above and beyond with their customer support. We have also used other programs that work side by side with Big Contacts and have never had any problems with them talking to each other. We would highly recommend Big Contacts to anybody!

Pros

Its very easy to use and organize things how you want them to be

Cons

I wish there was more detailed options to search for people (phone number, email). I find the reports don't always bring up all the correct people.

Brian

Great customizable CRM

I love BigContacts! I work for a local franchise of an International Real Estate Brokerage, and I use the system as a hybrid CRM/ATS. It's great because there is currently nothing on the market that is designed specifically for what I use, and BigContacts lets me completely customize the system to meet my needs. They recently updated a lot of the functionality, and it runs a lot smoother and looks much cleaner.

Pros

BigContacts is completely customizable.

Cons

Sometimes it can run a little slow, and freeze up.

Ryan

Scratching the surface

I have 40 years worth of client files (hard copies). We don't even have emails for most. As I bring our office into the 21st century, this software has opened my eyes to the possibilities of constant contact and communication with the clients that was just not possible before. This software will enable our business to grow in ways we never thought possible through efficiency and organization.

Pros

Ease of use without having to watch endless tutorials.

Cons

Can't think of any. First software of this type I've used.

Reasons for choosing BigContacts

Pricing tiers; ease of use

Chuck

Industry: Chemicals

July 2015

Highly Recommend

We have been with Big Contacts for over five years. We were looking for a program that was web based that would allow us to track customer information in over 40 states. BC has delivered everything we needed and more. One of the most valuable tools is the history and the email tracking capabilities. This program offers many utilities and options to increase sales and lower the sales cycle. I highly recommend this product for anyone that is in need of monitoring sales calls and customer information.

Pros

This product is easy to use, very easy to understand and easily updated. Great tool when territory changes are needed. All information is up to date and easy to find.

Cons

We have not expereinced any problems that were negative to our needs.

Todd