Birdeye

Birdeye Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"We like how it populates to our website. Birdeye sends any reports on how successful we are on Google, Facebook and Yelp."
  • icon"I love the fast communication. It's nice to be able to live chat with people, way quicker than texting."
  • icon"Ease of use; Ability to run SMS and/or Email campaigns; Robust campaign customization; Integration with multiple review channels."
  • icon"The problems with aggregation of reviews/responses to various other platforms (Yelp, Apts.com, aptRating) can be a bit concerning when reviewing your actions with clients."
  • icon"The customer support is one of the worst that we have ever dealt with."
  • icon"I understand the first year but after many years to trap you like this is horrible business practices."

Have you used Birdeye and would like to share your experience with others?

All Birdeye Reviews

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

June 2022

Highly recommend

John Regan

Great to get real time compliments via facebook and google from customers! our managers love it.

fantastic. Everyone is personalable and knowledgeable.

Pros

The real time alerts, when a customer rates us on Google!

Cons

It was a bit slow to intergrate with our self storage software.

Reasons for choosing Birdeye

discount with co op and also you have great reviews and internet feedback

Reasons for switching to Birdeye

they would NOT intergrate with our software and were slow to respond to emails and concerns

kyle

IMPOSSIBLE TO GET OUT OF THERE CONTRACT!!! YOU WILL BE STUCK LIKE ME

It was a good service but there contract is made to keep you stuck year after year. Good luck ever getting out of it.

Pros

So sad because they actually have a decent platform but we have tried on multiple occasions to cancel our membership because our new system has a similar feature that took the place of this. We have called, emailed, etc and our Rep doesn't call us back once he knows we are trying to cancel. Then magically when he finally calls us back he informs us that we just missed the cut off to cancel and were stuck for another year. Another $4200 down the drain. Don't take my word for it, take all the rest of people who have met the same fates word for it by reading all other negative reviews online. Sad when any company who is supposedly doing legitimate business has to trap you with this auto renewal and then claim its our fault for not canceling in time. Now they are saying I cant do anything until September again even though we have tried multiple times to cancel this.

Cons

You can never get out of your contract that supposedly you are suppose to be able to after the first year. The Rep knew we were trying to cancel but yet finally got a hold of us after the "cut off" date that auto renews us. I cant believe when you have been a loyal customer for 3 plus years they still feel the need to trap you into this. I understand the first year but after many years to trap you like this is horrible business practices. I dont want any money back, all I want is to be done. It served its purpose but now Im done but they claim Im stuck until September but Im not even allowed to put in a future cancellation request. No I have to go through the whole year and try all over again to get a hold of them in there slim cancellation window and Im sure they will magically avoid our call and then magically not call us back until after its to late. My advice to anyone is find a company to do this same thing for you that doesnt have this fine print auto-renewal because you will stuck just like I am.

Amy

Automated Reviews Made Easy!

Overall I am very pleased with the product. It is a huge improvement from who we previously used. They continue to innovate their product and are open to suggestions. They find solutions and are dedicated to customer satisfaction.

Pros

I like how I can customize reviews to brand them for each of my clients' needs. Automation is a huge benefit as I can now offer this product to a wider variety of my clients.

Cons

There are some platforms such as FieldEdge that they offer to integrate with but it is not a true integration. They have a dedicated team to pull contacts to send customer review requests through cloud based access, but it lacks a seamless effort at times. More platforms to fully integrate on would be beneficial, Such platforms would be: Successware, Payzer, FieldEdge, dESCO.

Reasons for choosing Birdeye

It offered the most for what we were looking for in a product: customization, multiple methods to generate reviews on, focus on 3rd party review generation, cost-effective, and automation.

Reasons for switching to Birdeye

Nearby Now lacked the ability to automate on a number of platforms. It also did not offer the variety of customizations that Birdeye does. Our company wanted to focus more on earning third-party reviews, whereas Nearby Now focused more so on earning first-party reviews on their platform first which we do not find as valuable as Google and Facebook.

Samantha

Birdeye: The Obvious Choice

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who was looking to grow their business online. 10/10

Pros

My favorite part about this software is how user-friendly it is. We work with small businesses and help them gain reviews, and it is so easy walking them through the system. Not only is it user-friendly but it is visually appealing when you are using the software, or even receiving a request from the system.

Cons

I would like to see more opportunities with integration, and more hands-on help with solving issues when it comes to integrating.

Reasons for switching to Birdeye

Birdeye had all the features we were looking for, and more visually appealing and the team was much more helpful in assisting with issues.

Response from Birdeye

Hi Samantha! Thank you for your recommendation! If you ever need assistance, you can contact our support team at support@birdeye.com. So happy the platform has been easy to use and that you find it visually appealing!

Robbie

August 2022

Easy to use, light years ahead the competitor platform

Pros

The implementation setup was easy with full support from Birdeye. The software platform is so easy to use and has a great reporting section. Also you can have automatic responses go out for good reviews.

Cons

Can't fault it for much, the custom set up for reveiew responses could have been labelled easier, so if a 3 star review came in, a 3 star auto response goes out. That would be helpful.

Reasons for choosing Birdeye

The demo was excellent and product offerings were supierior.

Reasons for switching to Birdeye

Their customer support was awful, cancellation was brutal with Podium. They kept trying to upsell us on products which we didn't want.

Response from Birdeye

Thank you for sharing your success story with us, Robbie! We appreciate you being a Birdeye customer!

Replied September 2022

Antonette

June 2022

Great service and superior product

It's been great. Customer service is great and professional.

Pros

My favorite feature is the review platform (which is why we purchased the Birdeye product. However, the sms feature has proven a return on investment in itself. It was a feature I didn't think I would use but it has significantly increased our business.

Cons

I wish there was a better integration and easier way to leave reviews for platforms such as Yelp and Facebook. I know this is not a Birdeye problem as it is Yelp and Facebook policy issue. I also wish it integrated with Thumbtack.

Reasons for choosing Birdeye

The price was right and the platform is easy to manage.

Response from Birdeye

Thank you for your feedback, Antonette!

Replied September 2022

Miranda

May 2022

Easy to use and great support!

Pros

It was super easy to get this off the ground for us and for our clients. The support provided by the Birdeye team has been nothing short of fantastic.

Cons

I have heard from everybody on the team and even noticed it during our onboarding, there is a giant delay between when something is clicked to when it actually loads. Occasionally have issues with things never loading.

Reasons for switching to Birdeye

Synup had too many glitches and we made it to our wits end with their support team

Response from Birdeye

Hi Miranda! Thanks so much for choosing Birdeye! We appreciate the partnership!

Replied June 2022

Monique

Industry: Oil & Energy

March 2022

Birdeye is Awesome

I am hoping to grow our reviews and therefore grow our presence and finally get the recognition we have worked so hard for. With Birdeyes help I am hoping to triple our customer base.

Pros

Everything is in one place & So far the staff has been extremely helpful in helping me get set up.

Cons

Honestly, I do not have any cons as of right now.

Reasons for choosing Birdeye

A lot of comparison sites that list pros and cons fell in your favor. I went with my gut ultimately.

Response from Birdeye

Hi Monique! We look forward to your future success with us! Thanks for choosing Birdeye!

Replied March 2022

Palmer

November 2022

10/10 recommend

Pros

I like anything that makes my life easier and also easier for clients.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Birdeye.

Response from Birdeye

We appreciate your recommendation! Thanks Palmer!

Replied December 2022

Janai

February 2022

I have experienced a positive relationship with Birdeye. They are readily available when I have questions and they are making me aware of what other products are available should I need them.

Pros

Birdeye delivered everything they promised, this is the best money we ever spent for marketing. People use social media constantly to make choices for where they purchase products, where they want to travel and definitely to find doctors in their area. Birdeye has brought our practice up to the forefront in how easily people can find us on the web. It is also great to have our patients give such great reviews, although we can't always make people happy its good to hear where we need improvement. I would highly recommend Birdeye for any business.

Cons

Birdeye is very good about making sure we are happy with their product and want to meet on a regular basis, with the practice being very busy it is not always convenient to meet with them. This is a also a pro for this company in that they are always available and want to make sure we are content with their product.

Reasons for choosing Birdeye

One of our doctors was reading articles on best practices for your business and making sure your ratings are good in social media, and Birdeye was one of the companies that were highly recommended.

Response from Birdeye

Hi Janai! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! We are thrilled Birdeye has been the solution to the problem for your practice! We look forward to hearing about your continued success in your practice. Thanks for being a Birdeye customer!

Replied March 2022

Melanie

Birdeye Feedback

Overall, my experience using birdeye has been great. Their customer service has been top-notch and this software is much more useful than other softwares that I have used.

Pros

The thing I like most about this product is ease of use. It is not only easy for me and my team to use but easy to introduce to our clients and have them use it as well. This software is very user-friendly and that is a critical element for us to have our clients use it as well.

Cons

I think there are some small features that could be tweaked and a few glitches that need to be looked into. Things like when the review monitoring somehow becomes disconnected and has to be manually fixed. Also, the feature that shows when a user actually leaves a review on Google. Next to their name in the contact section, it shows a green ten. Now I understand what that means but that definitely can confuse some people at first if not told what it means.

Reasons for switching to Birdeye

Poor customer service. Software had very little to offer and very few updates ever.

Response from Birdeye

Yay! We really enjoy hearing customer success stories, so thank you for sharing Melanie. So happy the platform has been easy to use and was the solution that fixed the problem!

Dawn

Game Changer

We have been partners since 2015 and we encourage clients to use the Birdeye technology. Thank you for the quality work that you provide!

Pros

Birdeye has allowed our business owners to exponentially build their online presence and brand reputation through new Google reviews! The automated text message and email makes it super easy and efficient for the business owner and the customer. And our business owners love the feed that can be embedded on their website to showcase the quality reviews submitted.

Cons

It's been a great experience using the product yet we would prefer to have the option to choose whether to have the average rating show ...this seems to be an issue at the start of service where maybe the rating isn't the best it can be until new reviews are generated.

Reasons for switching to Birdeye

Birdeye is the preferred service for customer service, ongoing connectivity, appearance and communication technology.

Response from BirdEye

Love it! So glad to hear your clients are loving the testimonial widget! That's a great tool to use to showcase all of their awesome reviews they worked hard for.

Replied July 2020

Alex

Birdeye: A one stop shop

Birdeye has been great and has brought value to my clients and my company. They continue to evolve and stay up to date with the needs of the ever changing digital marketing world.

Pros

I like the review request campaigns. I like creating different templates and customizing settings. I like that I can view contact journeys and see how my clients interacted with the review request.

Cons

Looking forward to more reporting features. These should be fully customizable, schedulable and savable.

Response from Birdeye

Hi Alex! You have the right idea! We love that Birdeye is customizable and always evolving and catering to our customer needs! Thank you for your feedback!

Ben

July 2022

Great experience

100% happy with Birdeye

Pros

The app is super easy to use. We love the customer service department. They always have an answer for us in any problem the app can have

Cons

We asked for an internal/team chat so we can communicate in private with our team members but it seems like no one had the notifications. You can even know about that conversation if you don't go and check that box

Awful customer service

Response from Birdeye

Hi! We appreciate your feedback and will look into the notifications for internal chat. Please reach out to support@birdeye.com for any additional assistance. Thank you for leaving us a review.

Replied July 2022