All Bloomfire Reviews

Reviewed January 2022

Elise

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Enables employees with a trove of knowledge

PROS

I love how Bloomfire empowers everyone in our company to contribute to our knowledge base and interact with each other's contributions. The community features - commenting, liking, thumbnails - are key to creating that community feel. And it makes such a difference day-to-day to have a single source of truth for our organization. Also, you can't beat Bloomfire staff. Everyone I've interacted with from customer success to product to engineering has been top notch. They are responsive to immediate support needs and they evolve the product based on customer feedback.

CONS

Some employees find the navigation and search to be challenging. There are some things we need to change about our own implementation to address these issues, and we look forward to future product updates as well.

Bernhard

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2020

We use it to house all of the information for a product that I license. We share information across the user base, add articles and find relevant information about using the tools that we license.

PROS

Very clear navigation, you know where to find what you are looking for

CONS

Sometimes I have a hard time finding older articles and get mixed up with new and old material when I am looking for a specific piece of informaiton

Reasons for switching to Bloomfire

It was too clunky, but I do miss the ability to send clients a link to information that I want to send them. I have kept my own postwire account for that purpose.

barbara

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Boomfire review

Not much

PROS

I can't say because I find the site cumbersome to use.

CONS

It is very discombobulated in terms of being able to find an item or article. Articles show up helter skelter in most cases An alphabetical listing would make much more sense. In our site, the most recent articles appear first, which is nice but a lot of what is in our Bloomfire account if for reference purposes. There should be an optional way to view articles--1) the current way things show up and 2) an alphabetized listing

Not my choice, Objective Management made the decision

Hi Barbara, we currently provide the ability to sort articles by publish date, update date, alphabetical, or by popularity. These sort options are available on the homepage and search results screen. If you have any other product questions, please don't hesitate to contact Bloomfire Support.

Replied July 2020

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2017

The way a knowledge base should be

As one of Bloomfire's early customers we saw a lot of potential with this platform. I was in charge of conducting a report comparing some of the available products to satisfy our need for a customer-facing knowledge base. It had to be relevant, easy to use, and fast. We had a lot of undocumented information that our customers needed with no way to provide it. Some of our most important criteria included having an API and SSO (we were going to have our users log in from our customer portal site), an easy editor, fast and powerful search, user management, reporting, and so on. Bloomfire came out on top. Fast forward a few months into using it and we were well on our way generating content, marketing the tool, and getting comfortable with the platform. I was probably the main contributor to a lot of the content, so the almost daily use of the tool caused me to find areas of improvement. I worked a bit with the Bloomfire development team with a list and I'm happy to say that today, nearly every one of my suggestions have been implemented in some way. This demonstrates the company's willingness and capabilities to adapt to their customer's needs. Their team has always been helpful and communicative and would love to see continual improvements in the future.

PROS

Clean, easy to user interface. Enough features to still be powerful and handle lots of information, posts, questions, and media.

CONS

At some point the cost model drastically changed from unlimited to number of users and for our company, the cost was prohibitive from expanding or growing. For other platforms that are not just a standalone knowledge base, but instead include one as a part of their services there is much more value for similar features.

Hi Paul, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review to your experience with Bloomfire. We are glad that you have enjoyed your overall experience with Bloomfire and would love to help your company continue your success with knowledge sharing and job efficiency. We take all feedback very seriously here at Bloomfire and take all things into consideration. Again, thank you for your feedback and hopefully we will talk with you soon!

Replied January 2017

Paige

Executive Office, 51-200 employees

Sharing Knowledge On Demand

Chief Outsiders uses Bloomfire to ensure our fractional Chief Marketing Officers and Chief Sales Officers can gain knowledge from each other as rapidly and easily as possible. Our clients get the best outcomes from us when we leverage the power of our Tribe of seasoned marketing and sales professionals, and Bloomfire makes it easy to collaborate and learn from each other - at the moment when a client situation calls for it. As a result, we can get the information we need to do a great job for a client on demand, as needed. The Bloomfire search function is essential to that expeditious learning process.

PROS

Bloomfire’s search functionality works infinitely better than the folder/file structure of alternatives. Search does not require an understanding of the filing structure, so all users can benefit without the need for training on filing nomenclature and structure. Bloomfire makes it easier for our 110+ fractional Chief Marketing Officers and Chief Sales Officers to learn from each other as a result.

CONS

I would love to see an integration between Bloomfire and Dropbox so that documents in Dropbox could be read by the Bloomfire engine without actually having to be moved into the Bloomfire database.

Alexandra

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

An Essential Part of our Organization!

Bloomfire has been a HUGE part of our organization. Although we have been using it for years, this last year we have undergone our largest project within the organization and Bloomfire has been our savior. It has allowed us to have a central location with all knowledge/training pertaining to this Project and the launch would not have been successful without Bloomfire! We continue to expand our use and are excited for what else is to come!

PROS

The ease of use and search capabilities! No more physical copies of manuals or parts list for us to dig through! Also, being able to have multiple communities to support other parts of the business.

CONS

We weren't successful in connecting it to Salesforce but we found it wasn't necessary for our operations. Also, we are dying to have the Bulk Contribution feature. When we take on certain contracts, we have to upload 100s of documents one by one and it can be time consuming.

Ester

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2023

it takes time to get used to learn how to search and find answers

maybe because english is my second language but it took me almost 6 months to get used to how to search things and find things on it.

PROS

I love the main page and how you can change it to tailored it to our needs

CONS

sometimes it is hard to remember where the answer is and the search button and the tags are just too much. you really need to remember some key words for the search

Per

Management Consulting, 201-500 employees

Bloomfire'd up!

PROS

I am use Bloomfire daily, it is an excellent knowledge repository for us.

CONS

It requires a good, systematic approach to group, organize and find items

Nandhini

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Senior Associate

Good

PROS

Search functionality , Front page customisation

CONS

It would be better if we have bulk upload functionality for doc upload and access

Reviewed February 2019

Using Bloomfire as To Access Central Resources and Answers

PROS

SImple navigation and UI Clean design and organization of content Good responsiveness Nice app interface and functionality

CONS

Lacks a simple ability to DM account users Filtering is not elegant and seems to stick at times requiring repeated clearing Inconsistent ability to download on the app

Michele

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Knowledge in one place

The customer service is the best I've ever had from any company.

PROS

All of our collateral is on one place and searchable. As an admin, I can curate and monitor age of items as well so our knowledge warehouse doesn't become a dumping ground.

CONS

There are some clunky HTML tools you have to use if you start to dig into all the features. They do allow you to customize to your company fonts and styles but they have other formatting such as page spacing locked down.

Search feature

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2017

Bloomfire in the contact center

We use Bloomfire as an internal knowledge base for our customer support team. It's extremely effective in documenting best practices and updates. The social components make it easy for our team to create their own content and have it reviewed by leadership before publishing. It also makes it easy for to share and track readership over time. The comments capabilities allow us to track issues and opportunities over time, as well. We use the analytics as part of our monthly performance evaluation to ensure our team is participating and collaborating in an effort to stay abreast of whatever is changing week over week. As we've scaled up, Bloomfire has helped us maintain the feel of a start-up in how we publish and disseminate updates as a department.

PROS

Social components. Ease of publishing and editing.

CONS

Would love better internal SEO analytics.

Marcella

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Amazing easy to use platform

Really great! Easy to use and very intuitive! Love teaching people to fish instead of giving them the fish!

PROS

Bloomfire is an amazing tool! We were using Sharepoint and it was clunky for saving and sharing. Adding Bloomfire to our toolbox has really helped make our team more self sufficient and allowed people to be more resourceful when they need information.

CONS

Really easy to use no suggested updates

Jodee

Insurance, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Looking for a knowledge management system? Be sure to check out Bloomfire!

PROS

Very intuitive and easy to use. Searchability was key for our company and it certainly delivers on that! Our customer success manager goes out of her way to ensure her clients have the information and tools they need to ensure a positive experience, from implementation to deploying and leveraging new features.

CONS

The content update process seemed a little cumbersome at first but I think that has improved over time. In general, there's nothing about the platform that I don't like.

Reason for choosing Bloomfire

Ease of use and search engine

david

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Good knowledge base tool

We found implementation very straightforward. We converted a trial account into a live account after about a month of experimentation. After publishing some internal standards for publishing we then started uploading documents from directory drives which made them searchable and much easier for our non-technical staff to locate.

PROS

Ease of use for end users searching for documents and for "Authors" to upload their documents.

CONS

A bit of version control on the published documents would be nice.

David, great to hear you found the implementation easy and straightforward. We recently released a versioning feature, feel free to connect with us at support@bloomfire.com and we'd love to show you.

Replied January 2017

Marysol

Hospitality, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great ease in accessing important work media

Overall, when I can’t find someone to answer a question for me, I can refer to Bloomfire.

PROS

I love that articles relating to policy changes and event announcements are easily accessible and available through one platform. Many questions my colleagues have can be answered by referring to Bloomfire app.

CONS

I would like the articles to be in sections, i.e., events, policy, etc.

Derek

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Bloomfire

While there's a lot I could speak to in terms of the product itself, specifically, I recently had an amazing customer support interaction with Bloomfire. I submitted a question/suggestion about something I was unaware was currently already an available feature in Bloomfire. I submitted my request, and within an hour, I had a phone call and voicemail from Chad, Director of Client Success, with an answer. Because I didn't pick up, he also sent me a follow-up email, which included a screencap video walking me through the process. I was pretty blown away by this level of fast and efficient customer support, which only makes me more of a supporter of the Bloomfire platform. Thank you for being a trusted source for in sharing information and resources!

PROS

It's easy to use, reliable, and Bloomfire offers great customer support in my experience.

CONS

It would be great to have the ability for more collaboration (i.e. multiple people working on edits at once on the same piece).

Caitlin

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Amazing Product

PROS

I love the ease of using the product and the versatility. We call it our content google at work because that is literally what we use it for. It helps our veteran agents and the new agents all alike.

CONS

The bookmarked tab can be a little overcrowded. I wish there was a way to organize it into separate folders.

Maria

Banking, 10,000+ employees

Great software

Its super easy to use.

PROS

Its user friendly and everything populates so quickly.

CONS

I have only good reviews for it. It reminds me of GOOGLE in all the best ways.

kami