All Campaigner Reviews

Kristi

Architecture & Planning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Use What You Know

We send a weekly email to 40k users and this program has worked for us for the last 8 years.

PROS

This program was already in use when I joined the company and the learning curve was minimal. It has all the standard templates, contacts, and reports that you would need. Every time I have called customer service, they have been helpful.

CONS

Working with the templates can be really finicky. It can be difficult to get it to do what you want at times. It is also not as user friendly as MailChimp, for instance. Their reporting is there but you have to do click more time to get to it and comparing email sends can be annoying the way it's laid out.

Hi Kristi, Thank you for leaving a review of Campaigner. We are happy to hear that the platform works well for you and your team. We also appreciate th feedback you provided and have passed it along to our product team. If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us. -The Campaigner Team

Replied October 2018

Laura

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Love the Drag & Drop Editor!

Overall, I give Campaigner 5-stars for cusotmer service and email marketing. We appreciate that they continue to develop and improve the software overtime too.

PROS

When Campaigner updated the software to utilize the drag and drop editor it was a game-changer! So easy to design templates for simple or more detailed email campaigns. Campaigner has been the best email marketing software that we've used so far and helps us to automate communications to our patients quickly and effectively. We also have to shout-out Campaigner's responsive customer service and support teams. Whenever we have had any issues with our account, the team is quick to respond and resolve any issue that we are experiencing. Speedy support is hard to come by in the software industry.

CONS

We do experience a lot of issues with the SMTP email relay function, which isn't Campaigner's email software directly but within its portfolio that we pay Campaigner for.

Reason for choosing Campaigner

Mailchimp's support team is virtually non-existant. We tried reaching out to start an account and they never returned our messages. If problems arise with a software, customer service is a priority for us.

Reasons for switching to Campaigner

We've used DemandForce, SolutionReach, and DoctorConnect and they all pale in comparison to Campaigner. The other platforms were clunky to use, not intuitive or user-friendly, outdated, and constrictive when it came to designing email templates.

Hello Laura, Thank you very much for your feedback and so happy to hear that you are enjoying the drag and drop email editor! It is also really great to know that our support team has been there to help you when you are in need. We look forward to continuing to serve your email marketing needs for years to come. All the best, Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

Reviewed August 2018

Really big disappointment - AVOID this ESP

Really disappointing experience they charged me a lot of money and it was a year contract when features which were vital were not working i asked to pause billing till i could use the platform - i tried to negotiate instead they made general promises and when i asked specifically to pause billing so i can use it they locked me into a recurring billing despite many tech glitches and features not working. Now I am forced to dispute with my credit card company which is first time this year and something i almost never do. I dont recall ever being locked into such an expensive long term contract where so much inflexibility was shown especially when They promise a lot and deliver little. Also the PCMag review says Campaigner is great but Campaigner and PCMag are owned by the same parent company, i wish i had not read that review. Look at the review prior to mine also it seems that their service is deteroarting .

PROS

If the platform actually worked like it was supposed to and customer support was actually there i could mention 24/7 support and great features but this has not been the case at all Mailchimp and Mailigen both of which i reviewed are far far better bets

CONS

Customer service is supposedly 24/7 but when i would go to chat with them online they were usually unavailable even during normal business hours. My dedicated account manager would not answer emails and when i had tech issues he would ant to schedule conference calls to give vague assurances even when the issues were specifically tech related and from their end. Also when i first signed up it took weeks to solve the issue which turned out to be related to a program many use (think like IOS) and they do not plan a fix anytime soon. So if you use this very popular sofgtwar you cannot use Campaigner on it for foreseeable future

Samantha

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2021

from Zyxel administer

The product itself is fine, but the support and communication of your inner team is awful. There is once that we are upgraded without informed. After communicating with the sales he said that he would offer the corrected invoice, but even though I wrote mails to ask for the invoice so many times, I can't get the invoice for three month therefore I can't fulfill the payment, and then I am banned for not paying. There is also once that we are informed by the accountant that we didn't pay for two months and if we didn't pay right away we will be banned, but our payment duration is 90days, and it's been two years we followed it. I am blamed for your mistake twice this year and i'm really disappoint of your service.

PROS

easy to use. Cover most function that we need. Drag and drop save a lot of time.

CONS

RWD. UI of administer. The report after importing contacts is terrible. There is only the row number on the report and then i have to check the original mailing list to find the email myself. Sales is difficult to find and inefficient.

Reason for choosing Campaigner

Mailchimp: Better UI. HubSpot: more function.

Hello Samantha and thanks for your valuable feedback, this certainly does help us to hone in on future updates so that we can ensure you are having the best experience possible. ^CP

Replied January 2021

Holly

Higher Education, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2020

Hotchkiss Brain Institute review

Overall, I like using Campaigner. I have become more proficient with the software. I am EXTREMELY thankful for the tech support. I always get the help I need and they are professional, quick, and reliable. If the tech support was not as great as it is, I would possibly seek out a different software, due to the spacing/formatting issues that seem to happen in each of my campaigns.

PROS

I like the look of the finished product. It is quite professional looking. And once I got the hang of how to build a newsletter, I really liked it.

CONS

I found it difficult to learn how to best use the product. There tend to be spacing issues (usually too many spaces between articles) that I am unable to adjust and always have to call tech support to fix.

Reason for choosing Campaigner

Marketo is used by many at our university. I understand it is very user unfriendly with many glitches and problems. We do not have a large support team at the university to help with Marketo, so I hope to keep using Campaigner.

Reasons for switching to Campaigner

It was before my time, but I believe we had no option, we had to evolve to the new version.

Hello Holly, Thank you for your feedback, its great to hear that you are making good use of Campaigner and that our support staff has been there for you. The other feedback that you have provided will be brought up with out product and development team. Hope that you have a great day, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Online Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Campaigner fits the budget and does what's needed

Great product and a great price to allow me to easily provide email marketing to my list.

PROS

Low entry to get started, very easy to use.

CONS

It does everything I need, but I can see where it may not have ALL of the features of some of the more expensive products. But since I don't require them, I don't miss them, or the higher price tag.

Reason for choosing Campaigner

Better pricing for the feature set and number of list members.

Hello David, Thank you very much for your feedback, it is most definitely valued as it will help us to continue to ensure that we deliver the best support and product possible. Wishing you well, Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

Lauren

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed October 2020

Functional platform, fantastic customer service

We are administering a COVID-19 responsive loan program for small businesses and nonprofits left out of other funding programs, so it was critical to get the word out to interested organizations as soon as possible. A competitor flagged our first message as spam due to phrases like loan, get capital quickly, etc. and had no clarity on how to get this resolved as our phones rang off the hook with calls from organizations wanting this information. Campaigner made it easy to set up our messages, tailor segments for different audiences, and get the word out fast. Their customer service team was an absolute dream.

PROS

The customer service is impeccable. Responsive, helpful, and friendly!

CONS

The user interface was not immediately intuitive, but the customer service team and supportive knowledge base made it easy to implement our goals.

Reason for choosing Campaigner

MailChimp flagged some of the keywords that are critical for our work as violating their spam constraints and had no path forward to resolve the issue.

Hello Lauren, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. Wishing you well, Carlos Petersen, Customer Marketing Manager

Joanne

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Love the Editing Feature

At first, this was not a very intuitive software for me but your customer support has always been available to answer my questions and assist me.

PROS

I like the ease of the editing feature. It allows me to preview my campaign and click on the links to make sure they work. It is very easy to navagiate.

CONS

I wish there was a way for me to tell how many emails I was sending to the moment I send it - I select from multiple lists for each campaign and would like to have a counter available so I can choose the correct lists. We are limited to 100,000 / month so I usually do 2 campaigns of 50,000. This feature would be helpful.

n/a

Reasons for switching to Campaigner

We did not have a choice actually - I think Stream Send sold our account to Campaigner since we were grandfathered in under a consolidated account.

Hi Joanne, Very happy to hear that you love the editor, we really appreciate this feedback. Also, as for your enhancement suggestion I am definitely going to pass this along to our product managers. Best regards, Carlos

Louise

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Things I feel should change

PROS

I like that you can send to multiple agents at one time.

CONS

The program is not as easy to navigate as the previous "Streamsend" was. There are too many steps to take before you actually send your flyer. I am pretty computer savvy, so if I'm having trouble, I wonder how many others are??

Reasons for switching to Campaigner

I understand that Campaigner took over for Streamsend??

Hello Louise, Thank you very much for your honest feedback, this is a great help to us so that we can continue to make improvement for our users. Wishing you all the best, Carlos

Chitta Ranjan

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Campaigner an Average Email Marketing Tool

Used campaigner for one of our e-commerce client, though initially it was good but finally moved to Listrak as it provides better support & features.

PROS

I have used campaigner earlier for Email Marketing campaigns. Though it’s easy to use and set up but limited features. Workflow to send automated emails is one of the best features in this tool. You can create segments easily to send more targeted emails.

CONS

Customer service is not that good, sometimes we also found issues during login. It also never worked well in all browsers. Price is also comparatively high If you compare other tools with similar features.

Hello Chitta Ranjan, I just wanted to thank you for your valuable feedback. The information you have presented here enables us to craft a better SaaS for all of our customers, past, present and future. I am happy to report that much of the cons you have presented have long been addressed. Should you ever wish to use Campaigner again, we would be happy to have you back and show you everything new. Best regards.

daniel

Construction, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

DB's Review Of Campaigner

Overall, I would offer Campaigner as a solution over any other e-blast marketing tool for do-it-yourself size businesses. The ROI increase along with the ctr increase make campaigner when it's time get in front of my customers.

PROS

Campaigner's feel and ease of use played a big role in moving our business email marketing away from the competition.

CONS

The simple design of Campaigner seems to also translate into how the email themselves look like. Most likely, it is the "users" knowledge or lack of, that leaves our design lacking. That is what I would like to see, "tricks", "tips", short video's teaching the "users" how to step up their game. IE How to make all photo's the same size or quick ways to clean your list and save. They have to be short and sweet and helpful INSTANTLY, uncomplicated.

Reasons for switching to Campaigner

Emails weren't being seen by my customers. Spamming is a no no, but when you have to jump through 4-5 different security measures to email the same segment/list each time, I don't have that much time.

Hello Daniel, Thank you very much for your wonderful and detailed feedback about Campaigner! I am happy to inform that I will be releasing a series of updated videos just like what you are describing which will soon be available on our YouTube channel. All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

DJ

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Design with functionality

We are able to automate a portion of our sales process and reach a lot more possible clients in a short amount of time. We are also able to send visually appealing email campaigns to current clients.

PROS

The reason I chose to use Campaigner over all of the other email marketing software companies is because it allowed me to have the option to fully design the email by writing code, but also gave me the ability to design the email using templates and other built in design tools.

CONS

One thing that I would change is to make sending reoccurring emails to different lists easier. I find that I wind up copying previous emails just so I can assign a new list of recipients.

Hi DJ, Thanks very much for leaving this feedback for Campaigner, it helps us to understand better what your experience has been like and what your needs are. I am happy to hear that our full email editor meets your satisfaction, we wanted to give our users the full freedom of full HTML customization but also have it easy to switch back and forth from the WYSIWYG. In regards to your reoccurring campaigns that require different lists, I believe I have a good solution for this. We would simply need to create copies of all reoccurring campaigns which require different lists, edit accordingly and schedule them out. Also, we have the ability to use dynamic segmentation and dynamic content. Certain recipients see content which is tailored to them based upon which segment they belong to. It's a really great way to design and send one email which meets the needs of a diverse base of subscribers. We would be happy to show you more, reach out anytime. Best, Carlos

Gurpreet

Market Research, 51-200 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2019

Easy to use!

Any time I've had questions or issues with Campaigner, Customer Support has been able to help. Whether it was a temporary power outage that prevented invites from being delivered to providing the domain/ip to prevent invites from being sent to junk mail. Campaigner makes good to deliver on their promises. I don't dread having to reach out to Customer Support because I know Campaigner will help me every time.

PROS

Being able to pull up old invites and using them as a foundation for new projects makes working on Campaigner very easy. The customization options are not limited and allow me to create unique invites and format them based on project specific needs. The reporting tool is extremely helpful and creating internal reports has never been easier with the stats breakdown (i.e. clicked, opened, delivered, etc.). Overall, a great product and much easier to use than other similar platforms.

CONS

I don't always receive test invites. I might get it once in a while but end up always having to send out an actual invite to myself or team member so that I can view what my recipients will see.

Reasons for switching to Campaigner

Don't know. The switch was not my decision.

Hey Gurpreet, Thanks for this amazing review of Campaigner! Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and helps us to become better. Happy to hear that you like the ease of use and our reporting capabilities. In regards to any delivery concerns, we can definitely address this anytime with our dedicated Postmaster team. Please reach out to us anytime. Best, Carlos

Shelley

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

I prefer Campaigner to other options, but wish there were some better features.

Overall this is my preferred email marketing software. I would recommend it to others but I am always looking for options that will handle some of the weaknesses better.

PROS

It's quick and easy to get started with Campaigner. It's relatively easy to use and the price is good comparable to other programs.

CONS

Campaigner needs to improve the delivery rates and provide clear instructions on how to obtain the best delivery rates without getting tagged as spam. The reports should be improved to show something other than "no data." Either an email gets to the inbox or it doesn't. I need to know which. The contact filtering is a great feature but it constantly resets rather than returning to the last sorted list so it can be time-consuming when reviewing and editing contacts on a large scale. The editor is easy to use but the formatting in the final emails is often messed up and not as it was designed. Repeating the formatting to fix those issues is time-wasting and frustrating since it usually doesn't work.

Easier to use

Reasons for switching to Campaigner

I preferred the contact filtering options and price.

Sam

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Worst ESP Experience EVER - Verging On Scam Organisation

Campaigner is the worst ESP experience I've ever had. As a high-volume newsletter publisher, we send approx 500MM emails per year across multiple ESPs. We were persuaded by Campaigner to move away from our existing ESP as they would help improve deliverability, lower costs and support our transition. What a complete pack of lies! After signing a 6-month contract, they instantly locked our account or 48 hours after we imported our contacts with zero notice or explanation - just that their postmaster had some issues. After finally getting the account unlocked, we then started emailing our 'super users' from our previous ESP (i.e. those who had opened multiple emails recently)... Campaigner couldn't even match the open rates on that segment that our previous ESP could achieve on our entire list (including inactive). When I raised this I had to wait 2 days for a basic response. I'm now trying to cancel our account but of course, Campaigner got what they wanted - a 6-month agreement and now don't care about providing a decent service. It's now descended into finance and legal getting involved. This is a classic case of bait-and-switch. All I can say is STAY AWAY.

PROS

The only redeeming feature of Campaigner is their sales team who are great at selling you a dream: deliverability experts, a dedicated account manager, a superior platform and deliverability. It's all promises up-front.

CONS

All of the features they promised: support, deliverability, platform

Lee

Defense & Space, 2-10 employees

Nice Product

Support has always been great when I've needed them. Thumbs up.

PROS

I like how you can easily add the "openers" to any list. It's easy to export and import. I like that you can use the copy and paste feature to import smaller amount of records, so you don't have to create a csv file. I like the information given in the report.

CONS

I wish there were more templates & plainer templates to choose from when creating a campaign. While creating a campaign, I wish it would show you in the ribbon what font you used and size, etc - just like Word. So this is the area that use some updates for my purposes.

Reasons for switching to Campaigner

Campaigner bought them out.

Hello Lee, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this review. You may be happy to know about our new Drag & Drop email editor which will have a selection of easy to use and edit edit templates. Best regard, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Tessa

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Good product that has its frustrations

Overall this software does the job, but the general feeling on our team is that it isn't that easy to use and has frustrating quirks that hinder our ability to work quickly and efficiently.

PROS

I like the ability to have templates that can be shared across our organization. The new drag and drop editor is also very helpful to create templates and edit emails more quickly and easily - especially for staff who aren't as skilled at html etc. I think it also does a good job of list management and segmentation.

CONS

When editing an email, the software doesn't register you as being "active" unless you click next or save, so it tends to log you out while you're in the middle of editing. Sometimes there are also strange formatting things that happen to emails that take a long time to solve. I have also had experiences where the email wouldn't send because of a bad script or link to a dropbox that it flagged as spam. Solving that problem was extremely frustrating.

Reason for choosing Campaigner

Unsure, was a organization-wide decision, not from our department.

Hello Tessa, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this feedback, it greatly helps us to make consistent improvements to our product to ensure you are having the best experience possible. If you need anything, please reach out anytime. All the best, Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Catherine