What are ChurnZero users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ChurnZero software through verified user reviews

• icon"The one thing I really like about this software is the e-mail stream that it displays for each client account."
  • icon"I really like the ability to tell when/if/how often my clients are using our software."
  • icon"The ability to create customized plans to engage with customers manually or automatically using any and all data that is integrated into Churnzero is invaluable."
  • icon"No proper and understandable Dashboard of Team activities."
  • icon"This software feels cumbersome and is not intuitive at all. It's difficult to navigate and figure out where to click."
  • icon"Unfortunately, this occurred quite a few times with little to no recourse."

Browse all ChurnZero Reviews

• Have you used ChurnZero and would like to share your experience with others?

Winnie

Great CS platform for SaaS businesses

- Increased visibility on usage stats - Better understanding of which clients are high/medium/low risk of churning (good for our CS team) - Knowledge of which features of our SaaS platform are used most widely (drives more R & D and good info for our product teams) - Smoother annual renewal process (good for our sales teams) - Improved and consistent communication and setting up plays - Understanding our various segments and the activities we see among them

Pros

Implementing ChurnZero has been one of the highlights of our year. It is a great feeling knowing we are proactively able to monitor client health and manage renewals appropriately. We used to track activities and usage internally but it was a much more manual process. ChurnZero's platform and sleek UX is easy to use and navigate. Reports, dashboards, and key metrics are easy to understand and digest and enable our teams to take actionable steps. In less than 6 months, we were able to not only fully implement ChurnZero but have data and analysis in time for our annual user conference in October. Our enterprise clients were thrilled with our new usage stats we were able to provide to them...definitely made us look great!

Cons

While there are options to tailor/customize certain elements (like segmentation, churn score, etc) there is still opportunity to allow further tailoring of the site and features. For example, tailoring notifications is great but having the ability to remove tags would be beneficial. Being able to see what browser our end users are using while in our platform would also be helpful because many of our customer troubleshooting begins with us identifying whether they are using browsers that are too old or are no longer being supported. ChurnZero has been good so far at listening to us and accepting feedback and helping us with implementation. I have no doubt they have good product roadmap plans and will incorporate elements as more and more of their customers suggest improvements. ChurnZero is also a very robust system and we have it integrated not only with our SaaS platform but also with Salesforce so fully implementing everything took longer than expected (~3 months). This was mainly due to our internal resources having the time to work with the implementation team (not ChurnZero's fault) but I wish we had more of a heads up prior to rolling out.

Pauline

Great CS platform

CZ makes it much easier to segment clients and contacts, and to reach out to the right accounts and contacts. Plays and Journeys are sometimes a bit difficult to link (emails to be sent semi-automatically after a specific step of the journey has been completed for example) and Journeys are really something the CSMs struggle dealing with. Otherwise, the Support is always very reactive.

Pros

Multi-currencies, Integrations with other tools we use internally (Salesforce, Wootric, Webhooks, Intercom), ability to create as many segments as needed, native NPS surveys

Cons

Custom dashboards not being included in the standard plan (we have to export the data every time outside CZ to provide the team with graphs), NPS Surveys available only in one language (sending NPS Surveys in different languages means creating different surveys which will result in having several NPSs for the same product - which is not what we want)

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

Not sure, I was on a sabbatical when my manager decided to make the switch to another tool. But I guess CZ ticked more boxes than the other alternatives that were considered.

Reasons for switching to ChurnZero

We weren't using Amity - no adoption from the team (the one who set it up left the company and we probably never tried to get the best out of Amity)

Nick

Industry: Facilities Services

ML - CZ Review

I cannot see myself using another platform other than Churnzero. It's been a tremendous help in my department.

Pros

I love that I can create plays for my customers depending on where they're at in their onboarding journey. It really takes the weight off of my shoulders trying to manually create & send emails to clients. I also love the journey reports, as it's an easy way to see how many accounts are active, and which are on track, behind or stuck.

Cons

I think overall I've only had positives with churnzero. I only use a few sections of the program, so my scope is limited, but the areas I have used have been fantastic.

Reasons for switching to ChurnZero

Churnzero does a better job with customer focus and revolving around the customer.

Ok Tool but Will Deceive to Close the Sale

Pros

Journeys and Plays both have some great elements to them. Journeys for tracking the path of an account through their experiences. Plays for automation or processes.

Cons

During the sales process they told us their integrations worked a certain way and they had certain functionality that they later told us did not work when we tried to get it up and running during the onboarding process. Unfortunately, this occurred quite a few times with little to no recourse. It is very clear that their team is ok with stretching the truth or not giving the full answer in order to close a sale. If they had been honest with the functionality the whole time it would have been easier to adapt but unfortunately, they kept changing their story causing us to lose time and money in continually changing our processes to suboptimal methods as they revealed the product did not work as expected. Particular pain points: - Emails can be sent from ChurnZero but only with one recipient. - Despite claiming to have a Segment integration, it is not a full integration and is intended for only events. They can set it up to accept attributes but it can be very glitchy. - The HubSpot integration is only "bi-directional" for some attributes and not others. This is not outlined anywhere. - The HubSpot sync only syncs tasks, there is no sync for emails or notes. - The Custom Table interface (where integrations sync to) is really badly formatted making it difficult to read. - The HelpScout sync only shows a small preview and formats badly to where the small preview takes up the whole page making it difficult to easily see past conversations. - If a Play is created for an account it creates it for every single contact on the account even if it's just creating a single task for the account - The UI is a little glitchy in places formatting weirdly - There's no way to add your own attributes or upload csvs, all this needs to be done by sending the information to their team. - There is no way to customize how many accounts appear in their lists (known as Segments) meaning only 10 accounts can be viewed at a time (a big pain points for CSMs skimming their account list). I'm sure there's many other nuiances we still have yet to discover. We were really excited for this tool and the possibilities but unfortunately it has been a lot of let-downs in the functionality.

Response from ChurnZero

Thanks for the review. It is appreciated and I'm sorry we got off to a bad start. 1) I do object to the word "deceive"; it may be miscommunication or lack of deep knowledge or even sloppiness. Since we, of course, believe in customer success, we know that deception at any point bites back. We wouldn’t knowingly deceive, but we'll work to improve in our communication to customers and prospective customers alike. 2) We do see consequences from this problem and you have been given recourse. We have changed our development schedule to build functionality to bridge the gap here. This is the price we are paying from the problem and it is a big one. We will strive to deliver on what was promised to you and your team. 3) Thanks for the thoughts on some of the other features. They are great feedback for our team. I will make sure they read this. I believe we have tried to make right what was a bad start to the partnership. I hope we can continue to show that we have the best interest of our customers in mind.

Replied December 2018

Doug

Game Changing CS Platform for Companies of All Sizes

Pros

The CZ team and culture are easily two of the most important factors in why we chose ChurnZero. They're tremendously responsive, incredibly supportive, and understand the CS is a growing field and no one has all the right answers all the time. Our team has been able to adopt and onboard the CZ platform with ease and without an administrator being dedicated to its setup. The ease of configuration, implementation, and integrations were key to being successful immediately. Big shoutout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] - our Success and Implementation team. The support we've gotten has been next-level, and I owe a huge amount of our success with the system to the CZ team proactively knowing what we'd need and leaning in to assist.

Cons

The UI can be clunky. I really hate the slide out drawer nav ... but there really aren't any details of the system where there are complete misses.

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

ChurnZero's team approach to our success made them stand out above the competition. They knew where we were on our CS journey, and met us there instead of trying to force us to fit their ideal customer model. We had some unique data issues that they were able to listen to, understand, and resolve, which helped confirm our decision that we'd be understood throughout the process.

Competitive solutions/organizational decision.

TJ

ChurnZero gives you the most bang for your buck!

Pros

The best thing about ChurnZero's software is the responsiveness of their team and their reflective approach to product development. Their CS team is best in class, and their product is constantly updating to reflect requests from customers. Integrations are a breeze with them, which helps us remain flexible as we need new data in ChurnZero from various sources.

Cons

There are times where the UX is confusing to me, but once I figure out how to find something, its very easy to use.

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

ChurnZero was in a sweet spot between our primary considerations: cost and functionality. It had the right number of features that we were looking for in a price point that fit our budget. Other products were either too expensive or didn't do enough of what we wanted.

Yvette

Useful platform

Our Client Success Managers at ChurnZero have always been really helpful. I like getting real time info to share with clients.

Pros

I like that once it's setup , it's pretty simple to use for daily tasks. I also save a lot of time from logging into my client's accounts to manually tracking their usage. I can use ChurnZero to assess their usage for me.

Cons

I can't customize the dashboard. I need time zones!

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

Price, didn't need something as robust at the time.

Christine

April 2022

ChurnZero has helped us with transparency and efficiency

It has been great! The support during the entire lifecycle has been amazing. They communicate frequently but not too much. Our CSM is responsive and helpful. The newsletters are great as well.

Pros

Import function is extremely easy, the segments are great and can be customized easily.

Cons

The hierarchy model lack features we need. You can indicate a parent/child relationship but there is not option to make a change across the entire organization. For example, when changing account owners you must reassign each child account in addition to the parent. The second item is you cannot customize dashboards in the professional version. The enterprise version is double the cost.

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

Easy of use, fulfilled on our goals, it had automation that was not available in CS .

Charles

Great Tool to Manage your Customers

I enjoy using ChurnZero to monitor my customer's overall account journey.

Pros

I love the overall vision of the product. I love how it's a highly configurable tool that I can use to manage my business my way; allowing me to independently control how I manage my business without waiting for internal resources to become available.

Cons

The Customer Management tools available today I would consider very basic. They are just building a digital spreadsheet of account tasks to manage, with less customization. I'd like to see more development of this part of the software to automate task assignment and completion ore more effectively.

Elizabeth

Love it!

Pros

I love how you can segment/organize accounts and set up "plays" to automate a lot your customer success management process.

Cons

We sometimes find CRM info doesn't integrate accurately

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great Combination of Value and Usability

Pros

We brought on ChurnZero to perform a few different functions. 1.) Operationalize our customer journey; 2.) Deliver more targeted user outreach, and do so more efficiently; and 3.) Have a single pane to understand our customer engagement. ChurnZero has helped us reach these goals through its straight forward but powerful user interface. The user experience is superbly intuitive which has allowed our team to quickly get key functionality set up with minimal effort. We are able to consistently refine our customer journeys and the ways in which we operationalize them because of this ease of use. We have seen benefits in terms of better customer outcomes through targeted outreach or standardized support, and substantial time savings from operational efficiencies.

Cons

"Like least" is harsh terminology and there isn't really anything that meets the criteria of "not liking". One thing that would have been a nice to have is more professional services to support onboarding. We are a resource limited team who needed hands-on support to get our internal data organized for ingesting into ChurnZero. Of no fault of ChurnZero, but due to our resourcing constraints this has taken some time to accomplish - an option for a more robust onboarding would have been hugely beneficial in terms of outcomes.

Simplicity / Price.

Jess

2nd year using ChurnZero in an expanding Success Organization

Main problem is being able to dissect customer data across separate systems and being able to automate some of our proactive outreach efforts. This is the main use cases that our Customer Success managers use this system for. For leadership we use it for hypothesis on potential clients for UAT or outreach and also to validate extra attention is needed. It assists with reporting on the outcomes of specific outreach activities for example did this lead to increase usage of this product or not. The second phase of us using the product is the churn risk predictability. We still need to refine some of our churn factors to be more accurate.

Pros

It is simple for individuals in their role to use to manage their outreach. They can pick it up pretty intuitively and learn from other ways team members have used it or are using it today. We often copy segments, plays etc. There is a lot of flexibility in trying different segmentation, plays etc out and always having the ability to download excel versions of the filtered reports. I can do this on the fly if I get questions from leaders of cross functional members like how many clients are due to renew this year and haven't logged in to X system for example. I.E. cross reference data from customer events that are stored in desperate systems. Setting up the live exports has also given us the ability to expand use of the output across teams without having to have a number of users that do not need utilize the full functionality but need some output.

Cons

Little more formal structure or guardrails as our organization grows. For example, rules that site across the top of the system that restrict uses on sending plays to entire database without a manager review or plays that we would never want to occur on certain clients as we set up their contract. The flexibility is needed for team adoption and enablement but as you grow as a company so does the operational risk so some additional levels or layers of stop gap measures would be a plus.

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

Price and ease of implementation

Doug

The software is great, the team is amazing

Five out of five starts. The team has been amazing from the start, and we're excited to be a part of the CZ Community. No software is perfect, but ChurnZero definitely puts customers first, and we've enjoyed every minute of the partnership so far.

Pros

The team that supported our onboarding and success has been absolutely next level. Through the entire sales/post sales process, our organization has felt like a priority, and the CZ team has seamlessly handled every curveball we've thrown. For the last 2 years, our org has operated without a CS platform, so bringing ChurnZero in to the fold has been an immediate game changer for our CS org. The ease of use for CSMs, the increased visibility into tasks, responsibilities, and journeys/plays has made our team more efficient than ever. As we continue to develop our use cases and build out the platform, we continue to be impressed with the capabilities to support our needs. We're still early in our lifecycle with ChurnZero, but have been blown away. As we continue to dig in, we know there's a lot to do, but we're excited at what the platform has unlocked for us already!

Cons

The only downside is the inability for an admin to delete custom fields that they created on their own (requires a support ticket). I understand the purpose, but as someone who builds first and thinks later, this leads to a bit of a slow down when I need to go back and clean things up. On that note, the support team has been incredibly responsive and supportive. Second "negative" is the lack of flexibility with the default "dashboard" the command center. Our CSMs/segment leaders would love the ability to create/define/build their own weekly views, but we've been able to make do with the default command center and some custom dashboards.

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

We were able to narrow our selection down based on a few critical criteria: Health Scoring and flexibility, ease of task management and visibility, Automations through plays - enter and exit criteria, extensibility with our other systems (looker, salesforce, pendo, bigquery), data security, and ease of working with the team. Frankly, several options fell out of consideration for being too pushy/salesy too early in the process.

Reasons for switching to ChurnZero

Gainsight released a competitive product to Pendo (Gainsight PX) and we mutually decided to part ways a few years ago. Gainsight was too much engine for our org at the time, and caused what we refer to as "CTA Hell" based on overly automated alerts.

Elsie

ChurnZero changed my life!

It's been overwhelmingly positive. I absolutely love the Customer Success Managers that I've been lucky enough to work with - they have been wonderful! I'm at a place where I've been with CZ for nearly 3 years and I feel like I still have so much more to get out of it - it's the gift that keeps on giving. I think this might be the most dramatically positive review I've ever written!

Pros

ChurnZero gives you visibility on every customer who interacts with your organization. It is an incredibly robust tool that is limited only by the data that you send to it! If you spend the time to get to know all of the ways that you can leverage CZ you'll never look back. It has completely changed the way that we are able to interact with and empower our customers. The greatest Pro is the people though - the support team is the most responsive I've dealt with (I'm talking replies within MINUTES sometimes) and the Customer Success Managers are the best in the world. They have fantastic webinars and weekly content so it's just the beginning of your best practice adventure.

Cons

I'll admit it was tricky to set up. But any system like this will be! That's the nature of robust systems - you need development work and a clear picture on where you are going. But you'll get an implementation specialist who will guide you through every step and (provided you have developer availability!) you can get through it easily. The only other Con I have is that the Email Tool can't be used for Email Marketing - it's great for one-on-one messages but you can't create big colourful branded emails in it. It's just not robust enough. Instead, I create these in Hubspot and port over the HTML code which is a great workaround but very time consuming. But CZ put out so many massive enhancements and new features I have absolute faith that they'll work on this one day and I'm happy to wait until then (that's saying something!)

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

It was the most robust! They had an implementation specialist who could walk us through the whole process. They are constantly releasing huge features and enhancements. Everyone is the best at what they do!

Almost one year in, and zero regrets

ChurnZero is slowly but surely making us better at Customer Success as a team. Every journey we implement, every play we create, every report we run, makes us more process-driven and less reactionary. Our ChurnZero CSM has been amazingly helpful, our onboarding specialist helped us navigate the hellscape that was our system previously, and the support team have been quick and excellent. While the software itself is great, the experience of working with the team over at ChurnZero, especially our CSM Bree, is what tips them over the bar into excellence. ChurnZero are our partners in customer success, not just our vendor.

Pros

ChurnZero has an extreme emphasis on the user experience of the Customer Success Manager. This is absolutely vital. Every second one of our team spends wasting thought on "Why isn't the system working" or frustratedly struggling with some unintuitive menu is one not spent tending their book of customers. ChurnZero comes at customer success from the right angle - when customer success managers are happy and equipped, they succeed.

Cons

The software isn't great at handling a multi-tenant or multi-product subscription-based SaaS product like ours. We're going to have to do some major restructuring to our account structure for the ChurnZero event tracking to actually get usable data. This is because at the time of writing journeys and events are tied to accounts rather than subscriptions or sites, which is a level of abstraction the system is not set up for. This structure is fine for single-site customers, but when a customer can have multiple products and subscriptions on their account, it gets clunky and mixed up fast.

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

The alternatives considered lacked what I believe to be absolutely essential features, such as the Command Center, a good user experience for CSMs, and actual native integrations rather than purely relying on Zapier. ChurnZero were actually weaker in the sales process than some of the alternatives (possibly because we're a small account), but their product spoke for itself. It took about 15 minutes of me getting hands on with the product to want it in my working life.

Reasons for switching to ChurnZero

Our previous customer success platform was clunky, poorly built, and lacked a good customer experience. Our assigned CSM was taken away for ~2 months due to an acquisition, and if you wanted support you had to submit a Google form. Compared to ChurnZero, the product and customer experience is like night and day.

Ghizlaine

A Must-Have for Customer Success

Increased visibility into how and when our customers interact with our platform. The ability to communicate with customers in a scalable way. The ability to build out trends and usage benchmarks as they relate to the customer journey.

Pros

ChurnZero revolutionized the way we communicate with our customers. Not only can I build targeted cadences (that include email and in-app messages) based on activity, but I can quickly search for a particular user to determine how they've interacted with our platform prior to a call. The cadence feature, known as Playbooks, is KEY to engaging with customers in a scalable fashion. I can build Plays based on activity or in-activity - meaning if a customer has not logged into our platform in the last week, they'll automatically receive a personalized message from me prompting them to do so and asking why they haven't. I've received hundreds of responses from customers telling me WHY they do / don't use specific features. I can also use Plays to specify what segments of customers see within their "Success Panel" - this is a key feature when announcing our own product releases, upcoming events, or special announcements. I always check a specific person's usage prior to hoping on a call with them - it gives me leverage in understanding their activity within our platform without having to guess or ask them. I can also keep customers accountable when they have "homework" between trainings. All in all - GREAT tool with an amazing team. I cannot say enough nice things about Abby, the VP of Product who meets with my team biweekly to discuss best practices. We're in great hands with ChurnZero.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything. It'd be great if we could see which browser a user is on when interacting with our tool - this is key for us as we don't support particular browsers. When "bugs" are reported by users, we almost always ask about the browser. It'd be awesome to know this during troubleshooting but also to build a Play around this to remind folks to use a compatible browser. I'm fairly certain this is on ChurnZero's roadmap though.

Eric

Awesome Product - Always Getting Better, Too!

We're using ChurnZero to solve the challenges involved with measuring, monitoring & analyzing customer activity & actions within our application, combining it with CRM & customer/deal specific data, and then deriving meaningful information to actually act on. Building off of this, ChurnZero provides a great medium to grab a pulse of your customers on every level possible - as an aggregate, segmented by defined groups, as an individual customer, and even down to individual users. While we could certainly pull all this information ourselves, it would be inactionable, certainly more time intensive, and likely something much harder for the customer success team to digest compared to the incredible UI/UX provided by ChurnZero. By & large the best benefits have been around the time saving achieved by putting all the information about a customer at the finger tips of the customer success team & allowing them to act from there.

Pros

As the administrator/technical user, I like that they try to make everything as easy as one could to configure & set-up. From setting up the tracking code for measuring different user activities in our application, to lining up the salesforce.com integration to tie to our customer accounts from our database, the whole process is very straightforward and can be completed by running through their documentation once and just knocking it out yourself. Aside from the set-up, I'm a huge fan that they're always adding features and functionalities, while enhancing others, and it's apparent that they take customers requests into mind when building these out. Going further, I really appreciate that they never roll out anything too early or half baked - each & every feature rollout has been packed with great new enhancements that really allow you to take how you're using ChurnZero to another level.

Cons

There's nothing I can say that I outright dislike about ChurnZero, just 'wish-list' types of things that come up. On occasion, I find myself saying "damn, I wish I could also do x, y, z" when using a certain feature or function or "it would be cool if you could do a, b, c". The good news is that ChurnZero is a great SaaS company & constantly improving their product, so chances are always high that eventually I can do xyz and abc - they've been great about taking feedback over our time with them and actually building features and functions out around them.

Ashley

ChurnZero is a Life Saver!

This is a great product that will help give you insights right away into your client base. It will immediately help you identify customers that are struggling and those that are exceeding. It is very user friendly and has both simple features as well as more robust email automation features to help you consistently reach your customers when it is important to them and about what is most important to them. The team really listens to customer feedback as well and uses that feedback in developing their product so you know that they care about solving your business needs and your challenges!

Pros

ChurnZero makes it easy to find and segment my customer base based on a variety of criteria and then respond directly in meaningful ways that resonate with customers. ChurnZero also has a churn score associated with each account so I can quickly key in on the accounts that need more help and find those customers who are super users. I can setup alerts that come directly to my inbox or pop up in my browser letting me know when something important happens so I can respond right away. I love that I can build targeted and segmented lists based on account details or usage and export for quick follow up. Ultimately, ChurnZero helps me to grow not only our mutual relationship (client/Account Manager), but establishes me as a trusted and strategic partner. ChurnZero helps me to be a more proactive Account Manager instead of reactive. All in all helping to increase my renewal rates and maintain my clients trust. It elevates me from vendor to partner and I could not do this without the help of ChurnZero.

Cons

ChurnZero has been awesome and there is nothing that I can think of that they can do better currently! Really internally we need to step up our game! Many of the issues are internal issues on our end such as making sure our data is clean in Salesforce. I would love to have more time to dedicate to using the platform as I know how beneficial this platform can be! Maybe some additional resources that could be viewed on our own time such as quick videos or how-to guides. I would love to work internally to develop messaging that can be used across the organization which cut down on some of the time any one person would have to spend making plays! Maybe some industry specific email templates that could then quickly be customized for plays aka email automation!

Beatriz

Great segmentation

Even with some hiccups, I believe ChurnZero has helped us a lot to understand the best way to look at Customer Success in our company and how to better apply it with the information we have.

Pros

Chunzero is a funcional, relatively easy to learn and implement software if you use other softwares with native integration like Salesforce. Churnzero can also do great segmetation with all the information it has, and we can be really creative with how it works and can do. We use a lot of the segments to create presentation and reports to the company's manegament and higher ups.

Cons

Unfortunatelly it is not a cheap product, and it has some limitations. Some segments are not that easy to do or to export, for example, when checking the responses to a survey, you can see in the survey area all the answers, when answerd, the answer itself, how many times that person answers (if the survey is recurrent) etc, and from there you can extract the segment manually. But it is not possible to extrat all the info automaticly via "live export" like other kinds of segments.

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

Previous knolege of the tool and price.

Kate

ChurnZero gives me a wide view of my entire client base and allows me to keep tabs on my accounts.

-Identify quiet clients that may be at risk -Stay on top of my entire book, not just vocal clients -Find new Users that I may not have been introduced to (who else is spending time in the app?) -Reduce Churn on clients (reduce revenue loss) -Find new ways to engage quiet clients (outside of traditional email and phone call) -Mass update my clients (saves me time, and gives me tracking on these efforts) -Identify up sell opportunities (generate new revenue for my company)

Pros

-It is so helpful to be able to filter for different activities, and segments of clients. This gives a thorough view of all of my different accounts, and prevents clients from "slipping through the cracks". -The customizeable Churn Scores and segments allows me to define what I feel makes a "good" or a "bad" clients, so I can really control my views based off what is "important" to me. -I love the real-time alerts (that I can set and customize). This really allows me to stay on top of important issues/events (account suspension, holds). This allows me to address client issues in real time (often before the client knows there was even a problem!) -The Playbooks save me so much time, I can easily identify and mass email my clients when needed. It is great to have tracking on who engaged or did not engage with my content. -The in-app alerts are nifty too, as a different way to reach my clients outside of an email or a screenshare.

Cons

-Sometimes I forget to log in to the app when I start my day. However, I still get the most important alerts emailed to me via CZ. So, even if I forget to log into the app, I am still in the know.

Brendan

Powerful tool, great company, leaves some to be desired.

Our experience to date with the account and services teams at ChurnZero has been extremely positive. All high-energy folks who are ready and willing to help. With ChurnZero, we genuinely feel like we're able to understand the risk to our business and manage it in a consistent and scalable way.

Pros

I love that I can see the health of each of the customers (and customer segments) my team is managing. This provides visibility we were lacking before we had ChurnZero. We're still getting used to the Playbooks and Journeys, but there are a lot of rich features that automate tasks we were previously managing manually. I expect that ChurnZero will save our global CSM team countless hours per month tracking activities, tasks & collecting data over the next year.

Cons

There are certain workflows that are unnecessarily painful in ChurnZero, like searching for an account. For example, if our CRM has duplicate accounts, it can be difficult to know which account to choose in the CZ search dropdown.

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

ChurnZero had the ability to manage multiple products (Client Success did not). It also felt like the right combination of enterprise features that weren't too complex or expensive (why we didn't go with Gainsight).

Optimize your CSM team with ease!

We had the need to make our CSMs more efficient. With the high number of accounts each is set to manage, we needed a way to automate as much as we could and have a way to serve up the information rather than spend time researching it all. ChurnZero made that possible. From the initial sales process, through implementation and now in production, the ChurnZero team continues to be phenomenal to work with.

Pros

ChurnZero is very easy to use. The automation of tasks, emails, etc that make the proactive aspect of the CSM role so valuable are the most beneficial parts of the tool. Being able to segment customers and determine targets makes sifting through data a thing of the past.

Cons

I like this feature, but I think it could use some enhancements. Currently only able to add certain segments to command center for quick look. And perhaps opening up the ability to make more changes to the opp data coming from SFDC - not a deal breaker, but would love to be able to live in just ChurnZero for all updates.

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

Ease of use, value for price

Ashley

Swiss Army Knife for your CS Toolset

Great experience from the start. The implementation team is top notch and the customer success team is responsive, knowledgable, and always willing to go the extra mile. ChurnZero has truly reformed our customer onboarding experience and we are working to set up similar processes for customer adoption.

Pros

ChurnZero integrations allow us to pull all of our customer data into one place and then action on key insights in a truly meaningful way. This not only helps us to perform better as a CS org, but allows are customers to achieve better results.

Cons

Native dashboards leave a little something to be desired. Upgrading to Enterprise Edition would solve that problem.

Reasons for choosing ChurnZero

We selected CZ because of the cost and ease of implementation.

Pete

Easy to use platform providing user engagement in real time

Improved loyalty and reduced churn. Ability to easily send NPS surveys and tabulate results and address issues as required.

Pros

Simple set-up, easy to use, great customer support. The product easily interfaced to our CRM and customer cloud-based SaaS platform and provides real-time insight to client usage and behavior. It is an awesome tool to segment your client base into manageable areas and to target each segment with automated campaigns to address concerns or give shout outs. Great at NPS surveys and allows quick replies to comments/scores. Over-all highly recommend to improve retention and reduce churn.

Cons

Ability to predict client churn is based on criteria chosen by company then red, yellow, green colors indicate those groups most likely to churn. In our case, criteria is difficult to determine and we change choices based on input from sales, support, etc. Not easy to see if our choices are the best determination in churn prediction however that is on us. ChurnZero does not automatically calculate churn percentages of clients by day, week, month, etc. exporting to data to spreadsheets still required.

Working with the ChurnZero product and team has been great for our Customer Experience team.

Ultimately, we want to try and reduce churn by better engaging and educating our customers on our stickiest features and we integrated ChurnZero to help execute that vision. We've already seen early benefits with the in-app announcements and anticipate all of its other tools helping us meet our CX goals.

Pros

We're still relatively early in our ChurnZero implementation, but the two things we love so far are being able to track what our users are doing in our platform (which is critical for everyone in the company, not just customer experience) and being able to communicate with them while they're in the product. The in-app announcements have already proven extremely in better engaging our customers with product updates and marketing announcements. Now that we're tracking feature usage, we can now begin promoting and educating our users on our stickiest features that reduce the likelihood of churn. I can also say that the customer support and training are the best I've come across. The CZ team is extremely responsive and flexible. We were quite particular during our implementation process and they were able to accommodate just about every request. Our team gains something valuable on every call we have with them. They understand the nuances and pressures of SaaS support team and cater to that.

Cons

The platform is VERY robust (obviously not a bad thing), but with that comes a little bit of a learning curve. It takes a few sessions to cover everything in the platform, and I think there could be more self-service materials to help with that. Generally speaking though, we haven't much that we don't like.

ChurnZero