• Pros

• "The flexibility it has to aggregate the data so it’s useful. The dashboards and overall user interface are very friendly and visually appealing. "

• "Journeys and Plays both have some great elements to them. Journeys for tracking the path of an account through their experiences. Plays for automation or processes."

• "I love how the software works with our data to give us the health status of our clients based on our own success metrics."

• Cons

• "We were fortunate enough to have onsite training, but for users who don't get that experience, they might be intimidated by all of the functionality that the system has to offer."

• "While the software has massive customization and modularity, setting up and learning all the various parts can be daunting."

• "There is a bit of a learning curve as the UI can be somewhat overwhelming for new users. There is so much valuable information - it can be hard to know where to start!"

Browse ChurnZero Reviews

Winnie from Humantech

Great CS platform for SaaS businesses

- Increased visibility on usage stats - Better understanding of which clients are high/medium/low risk of churning (good for our CS team) - Knowledge of which features of our SaaS platform are used most widely (drives more R & D and good info for our product teams) - Smoother annual renewal process (good for our sales teams) - Improved and consistent communication and setting up plays - Understanding our various segments and the activities we see among them

Pros

Implementing ChurnZero has been one of the highlights of our year. It is a great feeling knowing we are proactively able to monitor client health and manage renewals appropriately. We used to track activities and usage internally but it was a much more manual process. ChurnZero's platform and sleek UX is easy to use and navigate. Reports, dashboards, and key metrics are easy to understand and digest and enable our teams to take actionable steps. In less than 6 months, we were able to not only fully implement ChurnZero but have data and analysis in time for our annual user conference in October. Our enterprise clients were thrilled with our new usage stats we were able to provide to them...definitely made us look great!

Cons

While there are options to tailor/customize certain elements (like segmentation, churn score, etc) there is still opportunity to allow further tailoring of the site and features. For example, tailoring notifications is great but having the ability to remove tags would be beneficial. Being able to see what browser our end users are using while in our platform would also be helpful because many of our customer troubleshooting begins with us identifying whether they are using browsers that are too old or are no longer being supported. ChurnZero has been good so far at listening to us and accepting feedback and helping us with implementation. I have no doubt they have good product roadmap plans and will incorporate elements as more and more of their customers suggest improvements. ChurnZero is also a very robust system and we have it integrated not only with our SaaS platform but also with Salesforce so fully implementing everything took longer than expected (~3 months). This was mainly due to our internal resources having the time to work with the implementation team (not ChurnZero's fault) but I wish we had more of a heads up prior to rolling out.

Craig from Curate

Great insights at the click of a button

Overall we are happy with CZ. The CSM we have been assigned to is great, and is always very responsive when I have a question. CZ has certainly given us a glimpse into our customers that we did not have before.

Pros

Consistent theme throughout the product makes it easy to figure out. Shows great insights into your accounts, and you can manipulate the data to see exactly what you want.

Cons

Data is pushed in 1 day after it occurs Lack of time of day activity is occurring reporting, only total for the day.

Reasons for Choosing ChurnZero

Price to value

Matt from CallRail

Know what your customers are doing and actually reduce churn

We faced a problem of having a lot of data points and a lot of customers with no way to monitor and analyze that information at scale. With ChurnZero we can get instant insights into how our customers are using our software. As a customer success team, we were mostly reactive before ChurnZero. We now can work more efficiently and engage with our customers in a truly proactive manner

Pros

The reporting is super fast and flexible. Other teams are amazed when they see how quickly data can be pulled up and exported. They also provide excellent support from answering product questions to more advanced customer success strategy.

Cons

It can take a bit of time on the implementation depending on how complex your software is. I don't really see this as a con though because any company providing this level of reporting would likely require the same effort.

Ok Tool but Will Deceive to Close the Sale

Pros

Cons

During the sales process they told us their integrations worked a certain way and they had certain functionality that they later told us did not work when we tried to get it up and running during the onboarding process. Unfortunately, this occurred quite a few times with little to no recourse. It is very clear that their team is ok with stretching the truth or not giving the full answer in order to close a sale. If they had been honest with the functionality the whole time it would have been easier to adapt but unfortunately, they kept changing their story causing us to lose time and money in continually changing our processes to suboptimal methods as they revealed the product did not work as expected. Particular pain points: - Emails can be sent from ChurnZero but only with one recipient. - Despite claiming to have a Segment integration, it is not a full integration and is intended for only events. They can set it up to accept attributes but it can be very glitchy. - The HubSpot integration is only "bi-directional" for some attributes and not others. This is not outlined anywhere. - The HubSpot sync only syncs tasks, there is no sync for emails or notes. - The Custom Table interface (where integrations sync to) is really badly formatted making it difficult to read. - The HelpScout sync only shows a small preview and formats badly to where the small preview takes up the whole page making it difficult to easily see past conversations. - If a Play is created for an account it creates it for every single contact on the account even if it's just creating a single task for the account - The UI is a little glitchy in places formatting weirdly - There's no way to add your own attributes or upload csvs, all this needs to be done by sending the information to their team. - There is no way to customize how many accounts appear in their lists (known as Segments) meaning only 10 accounts can be viewed at a time (a big pain points for CSMs skimming their account list). I'm sure there's many other nuiances we still have yet to discover. We were really excited for this tool and the possibilities but unfortunately it has been a lot of let-downs in the functionality.

Response from ChurnZero

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the review. It is appreciated and I'm sorry we got off to a bad start. 1) I do object to the word "deceive"; it may be miscommunication or lack of deep knowledge or even sloppiness. Since we, of course, believe in customer success, we know that deception at any point bites back. We wouldnt knowingly deceive, but we'll work to improve in our communication to customers and prospective customers alike. 2) We do see consequences from this problem and you have been given recourse. We have changed our development schedule to build functionality to bridge the gap here. This is the price we are paying from the problem and it is a big one. We will strive to deliver on what was promised to you and your team. 3) Thanks for the thoughts on some of the other features. They are great feedback for our team. I will make sure they read this. I believe we have tried to make right what was a bad start to the partnership. I hope we can continue to show that we have the best interest of our customers in mind.

Hardin from CallRail

Great CS product for medium sized businesses

Before CZ we were managing our customers and churn with various different user metrics buried within our own platform, multiple spreadsheets and reports, and different BI and martech software. CZ has been able to surface all of those data points into one central platform. Now we have valuable data that can be accessed easily, segmented and acted upon quickly.

Pros

Highly customizable but not too cumbersome. Support on the ChurnZero side has been great. They are quick to respond and provide valuable insight with each interaction

Cons

Like most products in the same space the implementation was long (and still ongoing to a point). There is also a pretty steep learning curve. However, it can be intuitive once you know what you're doing.

Joy from ConsumerAffairs

Game Changer

I couldn't be happier with CZ. Our account rep has been amazing every step of the way. They are always very quick to roll out new features or iterate on existing ones. It's been a true game changer for our business!

Pros

ChurnZero is very intuitive and easy to use. It does all the hard work of organizing my clients and tasks so I just have to log in and know exactly what to do .

Cons

Getting everything configured in the beginning was very difficult. Our product is very complex so it took us a while to set everything up initially. Once that hard work was done, it's been great!

Shona from ProntoForms

Easy to Customize and Incredibly Valuable

Pros

ChurnZero is incredibly customizable. Any point of information you need about your clients you can pinpoint with ChurnZero and create entire workflows to ensure the flow of communication. Their customer support and customer success team are incredible and are very dedicated to helping your needs.

Cons

It takes a bit of time to get used to the software and understand how everything flows together. Off boarding and on boarding new CSMs can be a bit of a process as well.

Sharon from Atera

Great software to manage your customers and reduce churn

Excellent. ChurnZero assisted us to keep our churn under control and reduce it. Their support team is super efficient and fast and our queries quickly addressed.

Pros

Very simple to to use when we compared it with competitors, integration to other software like SalesForce and Zendesk was smooth. ChurnZero is the 'working platform' in which our CSMs manage their daily operations, good dashboards exists to provide 360 view of your customers overall health.

Cons

I'm hoping that in the soon future they'll develop some AI capabilities that will be able to predict churn according to data analysis.

Maddie from ConsumerAffairs

Excellent Insight!

Usage information helps me manage and sell to my clients more efficiently.

Pros

I really like the ability to tell when/if/how often my clients are using our software. It definitely helps me tailor my sales pitch based on what they're currently using, and how I think we can expand our offering.

Cons

It's a little tough to learn how to use the segments for reporting, but once you understand how it works, it's really impactful.

Rebecca from Inflow Communications

Churnzero for the win!

Overall experience has been very good! The product and the people at Churn are all fantastic!

Pros

The flexibility it has to aggregate the data so its useful. The dashboards and overall user interface are very friendly and visually appealing.

Cons

Not very many cons with ChurnZero. An enhancement that would be great would be to be able to add/change opportunity and cases within the application.

Ghizlaine from ExecVision

A Must-Have for Customer Success

Increased visibility into how and when our customers interact with our platform. The ability to communicate with customers in a scalable way. The ability to build out trends and usage benchmarks as they relate to the customer journey.

Pros

ChurnZero revolutionized the way we communicate with our customers. Not only can I build targeted cadences (that include email and in-app messages) based on activity, but I can quickly search for a particular user to determine how they've interacted with our platform prior to a call. The cadence feature, known as Playbooks, is KEY to engaging with customers in a scalable fashion. I can build Plays based on activity or in-activity - meaning if a customer has not logged into our platform in the last week, they'll automatically receive a personalized message from me prompting them to do so and asking why they haven't. I've received hundreds of responses from customers telling me WHY they do / don't use specific features. I can also use Plays to specify what segments of customers see within their "Success Panel" - this is a key feature when announcing our own product releases, upcoming events, or special announcements. I always check a specific person's usage prior to hoping on a call with them - it gives me leverage in understanding their activity within our platform without having to guess or ask them. I can also keep customers accountable when they have "homework" between trainings. All in all - GREAT tool with an amazing team. I cannot say enough nice things about Abby, the VP of Product who meets with my team biweekly to discuss best practices. We're in great hands with ChurnZero.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything. It'd be great if we could see which browser a user is on when interacting with our tool - this is key for us as we don't support particular browsers. When "bugs" are reported by users, we almost always ask about the browser. It'd be awesome to know this during troubleshooting but also to build a Play around this to remind folks to use a compatible browser. I'm fairly certain this is on ChurnZero's roadmap though.

Eric from ExecVision

Awesome Product - Always Getting Better, Too!

We're using ChurnZero to solve the challenges involved with measuring, monitoring & analyzing customer activity & actions within our application, combining it with CRM & customer/deal specific data, and then deriving meaningful information to actually act on. Building off of this, ChurnZero provides a great medium to grab a pulse of your customers on every level possible - as an aggregate, segmented by defined groups, as an individual customer, and even down to individual users. While we could certainly pull all this information ourselves, it would be inactionable, certainly more time intensive, and likely something much harder for the customer success team to digest compared to the incredible UI/UX provided by ChurnZero. By & large the best benefits have been around the time saving achieved by putting all the information about a customer at the finger tips of the customer success team & allowing them to act from there.

Pros

As the administrator/technical user, I like that they try to make everything as easy as one could to configure & set-up. From setting up the tracking code for measuring different user activities in our application, to lining up the salesforce.com integration to tie to our customer accounts from our database, the whole process is very straightforward and can be completed by running through their documentation once and just knocking it out yourself. Aside from the set-up, I'm a huge fan that they're always adding features and functionalities, while enhancing others, and it's apparent that they take customers requests into mind when building these out. Going further, I really appreciate that they never roll out anything too early or half baked - each & every feature rollout has been packed with great new enhancements that really allow you to take how you're using ChurnZero to another level.

Cons

There's nothing I can say that I outright dislike about ChurnZero, just 'wish-list' types of things that come up. On occasion, I find myself saying "damn, I wish I could also do x, y, z" when using a certain feature or function or "it would be cool if you could do a, b, c". The good news is that ChurnZero is a great SaaS company & constantly improving their product, so chances are always high that eventually I can do xyz and abc - they've been great about taking feedback over our time with them and actually building features and functions out around them.

Ashley from Cision

ChurnZero is a Life Saver!

This is a great product that will help give you insights right away into your client base. It will immediately help you identify customers that are struggling and those that are exceeding. It is very user friendly and has both simple features as well as more robust email automation features to help you consistently reach your customers when it is important to them and about what is most important to them. The team really listens to customer feedback as well and uses that feedback in developing their product so you know that they care about solving your business needs and your challenges!

Pros

ChurnZero makes it easy to find and segment my customer base based on a variety of criteria and then respond directly in meaningful ways that resonate with customers. ChurnZero also has a churn score associated with each account so I can quickly key in on the accounts that need more help and find those customers who are super users. I can setup alerts that come directly to my inbox or pop up in my browser letting me know when something important happens so I can respond right away. I love that I can build targeted and segmented lists based on account details or usage and export for quick follow up. Ultimately, ChurnZero helps me to grow not only our mutual relationship (client/Account Manager), but establishes me as a trusted and strategic partner. ChurnZero helps me to be a more proactive Account Manager instead of reactive. All in all helping to increase my renewal rates and maintain my clients trust. It elevates me from vendor to partner and I could not do this without the help of ChurnZero.

Cons

ChurnZero has been awesome and there is nothing that I can think of that they can do better currently! Really internally we need to step up our game! Many of the issues are internal issues on our end such as making sure our data is clean in Salesforce. I would love to have more time to dedicate to using the platform as I know how beneficial this platform can be! Maybe some additional resources that could be viewed on our own time such as quick videos or how-to guides. I would love to work internally to develop messaging that can be used across the organization which cut down on some of the time any one person would have to spend making plays! Maybe some industry specific email templates that could then quickly be customized for plays aka email automation!

Kate from iContact

ChurnZero gives me a wide view of my entire client base and allows me to keep tabs on my accounts.

-Identify quiet clients that may be at risk -Stay on top of my entire book, not just vocal clients -Find new Users that I may not have been introduced to (who else is spending time in the app?) -Reduce Churn on clients (reduce revenue loss) -Find new ways to engage quiet clients (outside of traditional email and phone call) -Mass update my clients (saves me time, and gives me tracking on these efforts) -Identify up sell opportunities (generate new revenue for my company)

Pros

-It is so helpful to be able to filter for different activities, and segments of clients. This gives a thorough view of all of my different accounts, and prevents clients from "slipping through the cracks". -The customizeable Churn Scores and segments allows me to define what I feel makes a "good" or a "bad" clients, so I can really control my views based off what is "important" to me. -I love the real-time alerts (that I can set and customize). This really allows me to stay on top of important issues/events (account suspension, holds). This allows me to address client issues in real time (often before the client knows there was even a problem!) -The Playbooks save me so much time, I can easily identify and mass email my clients when needed. It is great to have tracking on who engaged or did not engage with my content. -The in-app alerts are nifty too, as a different way to reach my clients outside of an email or a screenshare.

Cons

-Sometimes I forget to log in to the app when I start my day. However, I still get the most important alerts emailed to me via CZ. So, even if I forget to log into the app, I am still in the know.

Pete from HomeActions | IndustryNewsletters

Easy to use platform providing user engagement in real time

Improved loyalty and reduced churn. Ability to easily send NPS surveys and tabulate results and address issues as required.

Pros

Simple set-up, easy to use, great customer support. The product easily interfaced to our CRM and customer cloud-based SaaS platform and provides real-time insight to client usage and behavior. It is an awesome tool to segment your client base into manageable areas and to target each segment with automated campaigns to address concerns or give shout outs. Great at NPS surveys and allows quick replies to comments/scores. Over-all highly recommend to improve retention and reduce churn.

Cons

Ability to predict client churn is based on criteria chosen by company then red, yellow, green colors indicate those groups most likely to churn. In our case, criteria is difficult to determine and we change choices based on input from sales, support, etc. Not easy to see if our choices are the best determination in churn prediction however that is on us. ChurnZero does not automatically calculate churn percentages of clients by day, week, month, etc. exporting to data to spreadsheets still required.

James from Zoomph

Working with the ChurnZero product and team has been great for our Customer Experience team.

Ultimately, we want to try and reduce churn by better engaging and educating our customers on our stickiest features and we integrated ChurnZero to help execute that vision. We've already seen early benefits with the in-app announcements and anticipate all of its other tools helping us meet our CX goals.

Pros

We're still relatively early in our ChurnZero implementation, but the two things we love so far are being able to track what our users are doing in our platform (which is critical for everyone in the company, not just customer experience) and being able to communicate with them while they're in the product. The in-app announcements have already proven extremely in better engaging our customers with product updates and marketing announcements. Now that we're tracking feature usage, we can now begin promoting and educating our users on our stickiest features that reduce the likelihood of churn. I can also say that the customer support and training are the best I've come across. The CZ team is extremely responsive and flexible. We were quite particular during our implementation process and they were able to accommodate just about every request. Our team gains something valuable on every call we have with them. They understand the nuances and pressures of SaaS support team and cater to that.

Cons

The platform is VERY robust (obviously not a bad thing), but with that comes a little bit of a learning curve. It takes a few sessions to cover everything in the platform, and I think there could be more self-service materials to help with that. Generally speaking though, we haven't much that we don't like.

Alex from Cision

Easily check the health of your customers and identify red flags.

We're helping provide more customers with greater value by looking at their activity through ChurnZero before having conversations to see usage data and figure out who isn't getting the full use out of the platform and may need additional help. ChurnZero helps me address problems that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to see. Having the quick insight into usage data helps me know which clients I need to contact and address an issue with, which helps me save revenue or build a more accurate forecast.

Pros

Before we had ChurnZero, I used to have to generate more than one usage report per account to get any important usage information about an account. Now I can just login to ChurnZero and see usage data for any account with a couple clicks. Also, it has a dashboard that easily identifies which accounts are "red flags" and I should re-engage in conversation to FIGHT CHURN!

Daniel from Cision

ChurnZero has changed the way I manage my clients, making it easier successfully do my job!

Pros

I am constantly working with clients and scheduling calls, so ChurnZero is great for me to quickly check usage reports, recent activities, and even active contacts. There have been a few times I've been able to identify new users simply from the CZ dashboard or my custom alerts, which has helped me to be visible to everyone I should be engaged with. The trigger emails/custom alerts I mentioned are lifesavers. I've been able to promptly address potential client "fires" with the client before the client brought them up to me. This positioned me as a knowledgeable ally and resource that they can come to for assistance.

Cons

There's not much to dislike with the service. Sometimes the ChurnScore might not be as representative of my clients' health, but that is basically subjective to each client and their own strategy & use of their platform.

Andrew from AskNicely

Great for tracking your customers progress... or lack-thereof if that's the case

It's been a positive experience. We have a lot of data and narrowing down what we want to track and where/when was key to getting this up and running better. Now that we've worked out a few of our own kinks ChurnZero is running very smoothly and allowing us to track the data we didn't have before. Putting us a step ahead of our clients instead of 2 steps behind.

Pros

ChurnZero has been very responsive with our request, even though they can't meet all of them we've gotten great feedback from them. It's great to have a system that tracks what our customers are doing and we're able to set up benchmarks for them to hit with reminder task and all of that fun stuff.

Cons

Not much here. Only thing that I've heard a lot about is being able to CC people on the same email that are from the same company when using plays or journeys, right now it's all individual emails, so 7 people from the same company will get the same exact email but as an individual. It's a feature request and we cross our fingers for this in the future

Leilani from SPOTIO

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero but we like the flexibility of the product AND their team!

Usage statistics, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, track renewals, etc. (sure there are TONS more we have YET to discover). In general, we hope that ChurnZ will help with forecasting, identify & address at-risk customers, NPS and reporting

Pros

We are fairly new to using ChurnZero but I like the flexibility it has and the amount of information we can have pulled from Salesforce. Our own company believes in visibility and with ChurnZero, for both our Support and Success team, it is starting to show just how awesome of a tool it can be! We use ChurnZero to monitor usage statistics, understand customer activities/behaviors, communicate with customers using in-app and email platforms, track renewals, etc. (sure there are TONS more we have YET to discover). In general, we hope that ChurnZ will help with forecasting, identify & address at-risk customers, NPS and reporting. Not to mention how awesome Abby was with training our team.

Cons

Many of the issues are internal issues on our end such as making sure our data is clean in Salesforce and not really knowing what would be best to monitor for the health of our customers. But the more we use ChurnZ the better equipped we are at find that happy medium.

Chinasa from Cision Inc

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Churnzero provides insight into Customer use and patterns that are complete gamechangers!

Provides visibility on client use of our software. Helps identify possible gaps in use, where I can step in as the account manager to not only help our clients fully utilize our tools, but also show the value for clients to add on features that may not be currently in their system in order to make their day to day jobs easier.

Pros

Tool provides the great insight! This tool is like having a cheat sheet on how our clients engage with our software. Most clients have a million tasks they have to deal with, instead of trying to gauge client use through asking, this provides tangible and reportable data on client usage.

Cons

Still waiting on in app messaging. I know this already on the roadmap, and available for a lot of other users, I am really just anxious to go live company wide over here.

Kim from Cision

ChurnZero saves tons of time and shows me exactly which clients need attention to help reduce churn

Pros

With this software, I no longer have to log in to each and every account to understand individual usage. ChurnZero provides detailed information on who, what and when specific activities occur, allowing me to quickly understand how I can best help each user. What's even better, is that you don't need to be logged in to ChurnZero to know what is happening. Having email alerts for the most important events, makes it easy to react quickly and stay in front of potential issues.

Cons

There are a few more things on the wish list as far as additional alerts, but the team has been extremely receptive and just waiting on the tech to be combined with our platforms.

David from ProntoForms

Great product and even better support!

It is helping us in our fight to reduce churn and proactively communicate with our customer base.

Pros

The piece we have enjoyed the most is the assistance we have received through our onboarding process. Our CSM has been great, giving us a full understanding of the solution's capabilities, best practices across the industry and many other tips for a successful deployment. The simplicity of integrating ChurnZero to other tools used in our business has been wonderful. Finally, the ability to segment our base in many different ways is very helpful along with the fact that we can build our own workflows, task creation and responses to live events has made our CSM team much more efficient and effective.

Cons

1) When attempting to create responses to live events in our application, it would be much simpler to work with specific attributes rather than segments. This is something that was raised and work is being done to implement the ability. 2) Unable to see a log of email communications - we have resorted to including our email addresses to the BCC list on every outbound email to ensure the messages are being delivered

Sam from Surefire Local

Visibility Is Power

It's all about protecting the MRR, my experience has been great.

Pros

There are so many benefits in utilizing ChurnZero. However what I like most is that you're able to see the big picture. From churn scores to net promoter scores, you're able to see client health. When you have dozens and dozens of clients, it's easy to lose track of what's going on. It's easy to have client's slip through the cracks. Using ChurnZero significantly reduces that risk.

Cons

Learning how to use a lot of the features does take some time before you're comfortable with it.

Allison from CJIS GROUP

Industry: Market Research

ChurnZero provides us with insight to customers that we normally wouldn't have.

Helps us identify when a client has or hasn't adopted our product - Scoring helps us understand the health of an account - Improved customer conversations - Email campaigns are very helpful with adoption -Reporting helps us with our daily workflow and responsibilities

Pros

Helps us identify when a client has or hasn't adopted our product Scoring helps us understand the health of an account Improved customer conversations Email campaigns are very helpful with adoption Reporting helps us with our daily workflow and responsibilities

John from iContact

Great Product for Identifying Churn Risk and Being Proactive About Outreach

Pros

This tool makes it easy to identify risk factors that can lead to churn. It also allows us to proactively reach out to customers to stay on top of risk factors and prevent churn better than we could before. We've also been able to automate some of the outreach, which has lead to better customer engagement.

Cons

The editor for creating emails can be a bit clunky at times. It's difficult to copy content and paste into ChurnZero, which can add to the time it takes to create certain play steps.

Fight churn like a pro

If you own or run a SaaS company, don't let your customers leave you. Use ChurnZero to keep them hooked.

Pros

ChurnZero is a customer success software for SaaS that lets them reduce churn rate by employing techniques like segmentation, health scores, NPS, and automation. I have used multiple tools to deal with churn and burn for SaaS companies and apps. ChurnZero is one of the best among them all primarily due to its ability to anticipate churn based on multiple factors which lets you take precautionary steps to reduce churn.

Cons

The tool needs to fix bugs. It needs to add new features.

Emily from Untappd, Inc

Completely customizable for your needs

Pros

We integrated our product in with ChurnZero so that we could track how our customers are using our product and what features they like and what features are not getting use as much. I love that we were to complete customize what data from our product gets pushed to ChrunZero. At every step of the integration we worked with our ChurnZero account representative and she was so helpful and very tentative to our needs and questions.

Cons

The integration has taken longer than we expected it to take, and are still working on some minor kinks.

Vicki from iContact

ChurnZero allows me to easily target my contacts and reach out to my clients more efficiently!

Pros

This tool has made it SO easy for me to communicate with my clients in the right way at the right time. The segmentation tool helps tremendously with targeting my clients based on certain engagements or account attributes. The best thing about ChurnZero is how much time it has saved me in reaching out to my clients. With a book of about 260 accounts, it has been a lifesaver for me in terms of sending out important information, getting out in front of customers who need it, and most importantly - uncovering upsell opportunities. The dashboard is also extremely beneficial for me to look at my accounts who are at risk.

Cons

Previously, I felt the segmentation tool could use some work, but the team over at ChurnZero took our feedback and updated it and they are much easier to create now. The only suggestion I have is that a chat functionality could be a cool add on sometime down the road!

Andrew from Drip

Great tool for CSM teams

Great tool. Highly recommended!

Pros

Love the customer service provided by the Success Management team. They've taken the time to understand our company, anticipate our needs and help us understand how we can implement ChurnZero for our team's needs.

Cons

Naturally, an important piece of ChurnZero is the data that you're pushing into it. If you're not pushing clean, normalized data in, you're going to get bad data out. I wish it were clearer how the data is being translated and what we needed to do to make it work well in ChurnZero.

Trey from SPOTIO

Perfect for what we needed

Pros

The product is flexible enough for our diverse customer base. Some need high touch and others we want to automate. We have that choice and flexibility with ChurnZero. Their implementation team is very good and has put in the time to make sure we are seeing results.

Cons

We were a little aggressive setting up a ton of events from the start so implementation has been intense although its completely self imposed. I would suggest starting off with just the events and properties that are must haves and add the nice to haves later.

Julia from ExecVision

Life savior for Reports

Our customers love the reports I create from ChurnZero. It is easy to sync with Salesforce. The customer success team is AMAZING!!! One suggestion: improvement to the help center

Pros

I use ChurnZero almost every day to create reports for our customers. It is also helpful to send Plays to customers to remind them about cool new features and upcoming events.

Cons

I think the help center could use some work. The home page is a little overwhelming and it would be nice to have an updated help center or how-to's that I can browse when I have a question about the platform.

Peter from Cision

A must have! This product has made a major impact on how I successfully manage my book of business.

Pros

The customer activity tracking and alerts. It allows me to better understand how my customers are using their systems and if they are not using their systems so I can better support my clients.

Cons

There is honestly nothing I dislike about this software. It provides me with everything I need to help me better manage my book of business.

Lauren from iContact

Useful Retention Tool

Pros

ChurnZero makes managing a large number of clients manageable for our team. It has allowed us to monitor client behavior, report on engagement, and get ahead of risk.

Todd from Microdea Inc.

Very Easy to Use

We are using a one to many customer success model and the ability to segment our customers and engage them using automated emails is amazing. Playbook creation is very simple so if a play isn't working you can quickly update it or create a new one. Monitoring customer usage of our software from within CZ and tracking the users customer journey, milestones and achievements are great features.

Pros

I'm a first time Customer Success Manager and have found ChurnZero very easy to use. This is especially impressive since I started my CSM role while ChurnZero was still in the implementation phase at our company. The support team has been really great too.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to get all the data you want into the same report. I'd attribute 80% of this issue to my newness with the system. As I understand it a new reporting module will be launched soon so I anticipate this will be a non-issue soon.

Brittany from Leadfeeder

A CSM Dream Come True!

I love ChurnZero - hands down, if you have CSM's, you need this. I would spend hours each week trying to get a pulse on my clients and their activity. Too much wasted time and not a strong guarantee on accuracy. ChurnZero has allowed me to accurately gauge my clients giving me the upper hand knowing how to be a valuable asset to my client.

Pros

My day-to-day tasks are revolved around a large client base and many touch-points to ensure they stay happy clients! ChurnZero take away the "guess work" on a clients standing with their activity, follow up tasks, appts, etc. Its the best thing I have experienced as a CSM.

Cons

I think things like segments could be a little more "all in one" vs creating many individual ones so you could forecast renewals a little quicker but I think this is something we are working on to setup.

Brian from RFP360

Fits our need as we scale

We are able to publish metrics to the organization which keeps a pulse on who is engaged and who is not. It has provided tremendous insight to our leadership team.

Pros

This software has allowed us to manage and scale our business as we get larger. We have more clients to manage and our support staff doesn't lend itself to a high-touch model. Therefore we rely on ChurnZero to deliver the insights that we need on a daily basis. This allows to get out in front of adoption and engagement before the client churns. I like the event tracking and live export functionality.

Cons

Like any SaaS application, we don't have the time or resources to learn every feature inside/out. However, our CS and Support reps are quick to help us out.

Rachel from McQuaig

Helpful with some limitations

Pros

Ease of use Great organizational tool to keep CSMs on top of tasks and aware of accounts Great CSM

Cons

Reporting limitations In-app messages do not look slick

Taylor from ExecVision

ChurnZero has been incredibly helpful in my role! Customer success is A+ as well.

Pros

I am able to quickly view all our customers and see how usage is trending. Usage can be measured by a variety of different metrics, all of which make up a 'Churn Score.' I can also identify power users/laggards at each customer account, and use the Play function to proactively send automatic emails.

Cons

There are several reports/dashboards that I'd like to be able to see and can't currently. For example, being able to look at the percentage of users at an account and how this has changed over time in a line graph. I'm looking forward to seeing where the software goes over the next 6 months or so.

Amanda from Cision

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

ChurnZero for the Training Team

Overall, this program has provided so many benefits to my team. My hope is that we can continue to customize the system for our needs to provide even deeper insights into what our clients are doing before and after training.

Pros

We are able to get actionable insights into what our clients are doing before and after a training. We are then able to use that to guide future sessions as well. From a training perspective, this program provides us an opportunity to show ROI to our management.

Cons

It can be a little complex to use in the beginning. But they have an amazing training staff (Abby) who has guided us every step of the way.

Katherine from Telefnica

It helps us understand what our customers think of our product

Pros

It helps me to track my users and how they are feeling about our products. It's very important for us because it helping us to reduce churn

Cons

It's not very easy to use, not intuitive, it took me a lot to learn how to use it and get the best of it

Sam from Surefire Local

The command center has been extremely helpful to keep track of tasks and pending tasks.

Pros

When you're an account manager with a lot of clients, it can be difficult to manage projects and campaigns. The command center helps prevent any tasks slipping through the cracks. Ultimately you want to make sure you're not leaving clients behind. It can be too late to save a client by the time you find out they're about to churn. Intervention is not prevention, when you used correctly, Churn Zero is the prevention tool.

Cons

I haven't really seen any cons, it'd be good to have more customization options. I'm sure this is something that will be implemented.

It's been a great way for me to view all the information related to an account.

Pros

How it consolidates all the information you'd need about your clients and users into one place. Most importantly it pulls in extremely helpful information on assessing whether or not a client is in good health. It's hard to keep all of that information organized and to check up on it regularly but between ChurnZero's notifications and consolidation of information, you feel much more confident that you are up to date.

Cons

It does feel like there is a lot crammed onto every page. I think there could be less graphics and visuals on the dashboard and command center.

Felipe from Admetricks

ChurnZero helps us understand our customers and automate the communications with them so we minimize

Pros

Automate messages depending on usage, country, type, plan, etc. Getting a proper onboarding process in place Understand users

Cons

No proper and understandable Dashboard of Team activities Dashboards in general

Tiffany from PlayMaker Health

GREAT TOOL!

I use Churn Zero daily. Great tool that allows myself and my team to organize our book of business.

Pros

Easy to use & customize. Colorful and fun graphs that show data

Cons

No cons I can think of off the top of my head.

Daniel from VanillaSoft

Great platform to automate & track Success

We have a platform for our Success team that goes above & beyond what a traditional CRM could offer. It's critical to have software that's tailored to our team's needs, and ChurnZero meets those needs.

Pros

They are completely focused on automating Customer Success. Extremely valuable for tech-touch clients and easy onboarding, while still remaining an excellent platform for your team to live in and monitor/track higher value clients.

Cons

Not much! Could have more custom reports with graph options, and the email editor is somewhat minimalist, but it's hard to find negatives to the product.

Churn Zero has taken us from being reactive with customers to proactive. It allows for great insight

being able to easily track where my clients are at and take action before issues arise.

Pros

alerts, slack integration, being able to create your own customized journeys, being able to have cool dashboards and insight into customers usage right there at your fingertips. Integration with SFDC is great and it is just so customizable for our needs. The support and our CSM, Chase, has been amazing too.

Cons

I don't love the way that they do 'plays' but I've already talked to our CSM about it and they are working to improve that. There is very little to not like.

Haniel from Surefire Social

Next level accountability

Pros

Cons

There really isn't much not to like about his product to be honest.

Franklin from SPOTIO

OMG SO AMAZING!!!!

any and all i can think of

Pros

How much information I can have and how I don't have a limit for it . I use this daily and i dont have any issues and can find anything and everything I need.

Anthony from Quantum Workplace

Intuitive platform coupled with great support

Pros

Understanding user behavior in an effort to prevent Churn is a big task that comes with a lot of moving parts. Churn Zero does a great job of helping you get up and running, but knows this is not a "set it and forget it" effort. They've been prepared to help us become more effective with the tool and bring a high level of expertise. The software is really flexible in making sure you see only what matters most to you, while giving you the ability to automate bulk actions easily.

Cons

The learning curve can be steep. The software works really well but the nuances of your organizational data came cause some challenges as you try to get up to speed. Their CSMs help make this transition a little less painful but it all takes time. The software can do so much, you have to really govern yourself to get value right away.