What are Clio users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Clio software through verified user reviews

4.7

1,162 Reviews

• icon"I have to say the Cleo support and help section is spectacular and one of the best I've ever come across. They have a clear academy which offers training on specific things you can do in the software."
  • icon"Clio Manage and Grow have been excellent additions to our practice. We especially love the integrations with other programs that we use."
  • icon"Very good value for money and functionality is great."
  • icon"Document automation is TERRIBLE and invoicing just means linking to Quickbooks."
  • icon"Billing is cumbersome and inefficient, lacking in options to suspend printing for those clients who are in collections."
  • icon"My client started having trouble uploading her documents to me. Assignments went missing, and so deadlines were missed."

Browse all Clio Reviews

• Have you used Clio and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,162 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,162 reviews

Stephen

Fantastic Practice Management Solution

Pros

Clio's intuitive design is easy to use for anyone from the tech savy to the "how do I turn this thing on" person. They are constantly adding features and functionality to the software solution making the administrative side of practicing law much easier and less time consuming. Clio's support team is always quick to respond and is always friendly and helpful. The growing list of integrations is definite plus and gives us the ability to extend the already great functionality to the next level. And if you are into coding, you can always create a custom integration to suit your needs.

Cons

Really the only complaint I have about Clio is the reporting capabilities. While it has some great canned reports within the interface, there is no ability to customize reports to massage out information that would be useful to my practice. We make do, of course, but this has been my complaint for some time now. Last time I checked there was a pay integration that allowed for more robust reporting but adding yet another subscription isn't appealing when it would be relatively easy for Clio to add this capability to their platform.

Reasons for switching to Clio

Houdini was no longer meeting the needs of my practice, I was growing and found the interface to be difficult for anyone to use but me. Clio checked all the boxes and seemed to be well supported. Turns out the choice was the right one.

Yadira

Great app, easy to use

I have been using Clio for over 5 years, I have seen how they have been updating to the moon. I like how easy your job can be using this software. You can have access to your case everywhere, including on your phone(the phone app works fine too). If you work with a time, I can imagine a better option to do it, you all can see every movement everyone did in a case, it is amazing

Pros

I like how intuitive can be the software, it is very easy to use, they are always updating the app with better features, they have a lot of integration with other software.

Cons

The customer service is a little complicated to contact. I have been trying to contact them and first, we can be in the phone for a while, second, they will not be able to help me on the first call, seems like the customer service it is not very familiar with the app. Thank god, I do no have to contact them often.

Reasons for choosing Clio

I like the design and the integrations options with another software

Reasons for switching to Clio

Firm Central was a little complicated to use and way more expensive

Thad

Security is lacking for the accounting side. Otherwise it's a very good software.

We have been with Clio since about the middle of October 2019 (today is April 3, 2020) and we are mostly pleased. I think that most case management software works on the same theory: a contact (person or enterprise) can have several different matters (cases). Like most users, we just want it to work and it does (with the exception of the accounting problem described above). Clio has so many helpful features and integrations that it could take a year or two just to get a small to medium-size office up to speed with using all the features. However, UNTIL CLIO FIXES THE ACCOUNTING SECURITY PROBLEM, DO NOT SWITCH FROM YOUR CURRENT PROGRAM.

Pros

-It has very robust features and integrations. - I love that the document repository is built-in and built into the price. - Tech support is good via chat, so I can resolve issues quickly. -Because it's the leading player in cloud-based case management, it seems like integrations are more numerous. -Only on rare occasions have I seen the software go off-line or slow down. -The outlook and word integrations are robust. -It's easy to find experts who work with Clio because it's such a significant player. We are now setting up operations with a Clio expert bookkeeper. We could not do that when we used a competitor program called PracticePanther.

Cons

1. EMBEZZLERS PARADISE. Clio's accounting security settings allow anyone who can make a receipt for receiving a payment also to be able to EDIT that payment afterward. So, a dishonest employee could make a receipt for $500 cash, pocket $300, and then go back and edit that receipt to be only $200. Right now are using carbon copy receipts as a workaround, but that's not very professional or 21st century. CLIO, YOU GOTTA GET IT TOGETHER AND FIX THIS. That same security setting described above also allows users with that setting to see a client's balance before their case is submitted (as a flat fee immigration firm, we want to be paid before the case is finished). Clio supposedly tried to fix this by allowing a balance to be viewed without being able to edit payments but that feature it doesn't work. 2. It would be nice to see a texting feature to verify appointments within Clio. Other cloud-based case management does that. With Clio you have to buy another program for texting. 3. It would be nice if we could see all communications for each matter just by clicking on the contact. It is something that Clio should make as a feature that can be turned on and off. It would work better for our firm because we represent individuals in immigration cases that could have three or four different matters.

Reasons for choosing Clio

We narrowed it down to Clio and PracticePanther. We used PracticePanther for a year and then we switched to Clio which is better overall. I also like that Clio clearly does not "Front Gate" it's reviews which I suspect PracticePanther did. No software is going to make thousands of users give it a 4.999 average review. So if you see that, beware, they are "Front Gating." I look forward to Clio fixing the accounting glitch and to also partnering with them for years to come.

Reasons for switching to Clio

PracticePanther was too slow. Problems were compounded because we used their preferred document repository called box.com which would also quit working sometimes. Some features were better than Clio but in general, Clio is a superior program.

Shabnam

Absolutely love their customer service

Pros

Customer service is beyond exceptional. Someone always picks up. They often can easily fix my problem. If they can't fix my problem, they quickly talk to someone who can. Software is easy to use and does all the things we need it to do. I'm a happy customer and recommend CLIO to others.

Cons

I don't like that a user can either have full access to all reports, or no access to any report. I would like some of our users to have access to their reports, but not see the financial reports of the entire company.

Diane

Industry: Law Practice

There has to be something better; going downhill for solos

I have been using this since 2012 - at first it fit my needs and was marketed for the solo/small practice firms. It has increasingly become more cumbersome and takes longer to calendar and bill than I would like. The interest feature on the billing can only calculate simple interest. Once you enter the interest formula, there is no way to disconnect it so you are left to manually delete all of the entries. They have changed the billing process from a process that once took about an hour to taking about 3 hours. A bill is generated and placed under the Draft tab, you can view it, edit it, submit it for approval (a waste of time for a solo), or approve it - so I view it, see it needs to be edited, and click on edit, the bill comes up for editing, then once you've completed it, you hit Approve - and nothing happens which is new - you either can hit the go to bills Awaiting Payment link, or click on the Awaiting payment screen -- from there, you are forced to sort through all of your accounts receivable to find your newly edited bill. Once you find the bill, then you can Receive Payment from the trust account - but be careful since if your client has $500 in trust and the bill is $1000, the trust payment will pop up $1000, which you know is inaccurate, so you have to do another edit. Then the bill drops out of view and you either have to return to Awaiting Payment or Paid tabs - search through all of the other bills, find your bill, then you can download it - print it, or save it, and then email it. If you want to enter a new appointment, you can do so on the calendar, but if you want to create a method to track the new client, you have to go to another tab to set up a matter, you can only input the client's name, not the address, not the phone number, not any other stuff that should appear at this point, in my opinion. Then you add in your number. Then you have to track down the name you just entered and try and add in addresses, phone numbers, email addresses. The process is incredibly time consuming. Pros: Cost Cons: Overly rigid, designed for those who have a data processor employee, time consuming, not customer service oriented - was marketed for solos/small practices and this is not the case any longer.

Pros

Web based program and cost.

Cons

Rigid, time consuming process. So many things don't work and the process of finding a work around is cumbersome.

Ginger

Exceptional Value.

Exceptional, professional, easy to use, easy to learn. Simply far more wonderful than I ever expected.

Pros

The time and billing program is easy to use. Keeps you on track to bill clients timely, accurately reflects you day, unbilled time as well as billed time. Highly functional. Exceptional Customer Service. This is the best decision I made in years.

Cons

I do not have any Cons about the program. I wish I used it daily in the beginning of my learning curve.

Reasons for choosing Clio

Price. Meet my needs the best as a small User base.

No customer service.

Great comprehensive practice management solution for lawyers

After almost a year with Clio I can safely say I'm happy with my purchase.

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks Online is clutch. While there are still some additional functionalities I would build into it, I love that a transaction in Clio creates a journal entry in QB that I can then link to a bank transaction. Makes bookkeeping way easier.

Cons

I wish that a client could access Clio for Clients and Clio Connect at the same time.

Reasons for choosing Clio

I considered sticking with Canopy, but they charge by the client contact while Clio charges by the firm user, so as a solo lawyer, Clio also made more sense financially.

Reasons for switching to Clio

By integrating with LawPay, Clio helps me stay compliant with trust accounting, and Canopy did not (because it's targeted to accountants rather than lawyers). I also appreciated LawPay's merchant fee transparency.

Candace

Clio Has Made the Start of My New Law Firm Even More Successful

Clio takes case management to a whole new level! Not only does it help me better organize my files and tasks, but it helps me quickly go between several tasks and files with ease. Clio helps me make the most of each and every day by its easy time management options - making bills quick and easy! Utilizing Clio Manage with Clio Grow has been the perfect setup that I needed as I started my own firm. There is no question that I am better managing my clients and my practice with the use of this software.

Pros

My favorite feature of Clio is Clio GROW. I got it right from the start along with Clio Manage and I highly recommend it. As a sole practitioner, I need to be able to streamline and automate my intake process. Additionally, I need to keep up with my leads for marketing purposes. Clio Grow has enabled me to be much faster in my response time with new clients. It is very evident to me that my rate of conversion has been substantially increased with the utilization of Grow and now I cannot imagine my practice without it.

Cons

I have seriously not found anything I do not like about this software. I have really practiced with it and have found every feature to be helpful.

Reasons for choosing Clio

I liked all the integration features of Clio. I know that Clio will continue to evolve as the other systems do to which ensure I am always "up to date" with my management system.

Edward

Clio is a Must!

Overall, the best time and billing software out there. I have demo'd several and Clio was the clear winner.

Pros

Generally Clio changed my practice. The software makes it easy to access critical data which is right on your dashboard, such as billing goals (day/month/year), A/R, actually vs. targeted billing, client and matters, just about everything a lawyer needs at his or her fingertips to make billing easy and efficient.

Cons

Sometimes, rarely, I find that info I need or a function I would want cannot be done which makes little sense to me. Also constructing Bills is more cumbersome than it needs to be.

Reasons for switching to Clio

Expensive and very non-intuitive. I spent too much time doing bills and accessing needed data, setting up client and matter files. In Clio it takes seconds.

Yunus

Clio: the best on the market

Very satisfied.

Pros

The software operates completely in a web browser. No cloud, no software to be installed on your desktop. If you have fast internet, you have fast attorney practice software, simply put. The visual layout is modern, visually appealing and easy to use. Clio is very customizable, and "works well with others" if have partnered with many great other platforms such as Lawpay, Quickbooks, and Zipwhip to name a few.

Cons

So far, nothing we least like about it Clio.

Reasons for choosing Clio

See comments above under "what did you most like about this software." Also we liked straightforward pricing, short contract (1 year) to get a discount and the many hands-on on-on-one trainings the prior software never offered. Smart and organized staff supporting a smart and organized product. What a breath of fresh air!

Reasons for switching to Clio

Our last software, which we were saddled with for 3 years, was AbacusNext "Amicus Attorney" in the cloud environment. Absolutely DO NOT even consider AbacusNext. Buggy, slow, crashes all the time, does not link well, terrible customer service, rude support and sales staff and over-priced. What more is there to say?

Bert

Passing the blame....

Clio set us up for LawPay. Less than 1 week into this month we suddenly can't take anyone's payments. We call Clio and they tell us there is no problem, must be the customer's problem. On two separate occasions they told us there was no limit to the payments we could intake for bills. Finally contact Lawpay who says there is a limit, we exceeded it, and now we can't take another 70 some odd payments this month and the clients all think we are idiots. Why would they sign us up for a program that limits retainers and payments to $10,000 when Clio knows we have 4 full time employees based on the licensees we have?

Pros

I thought everything was integrated and intuitive.

Cons

Always something that seems like a simple question but impossible to find the answer. The live customer service has mislead us on two or more occasions.

Reasons for switching to Clio

Trying to keep up with the best programs / software

Mary Ann

Great case management program

Clio is the first program I open everyday; I would be loss without it.

Pros

Clio is a great cloud based case management program. I can carry my caseload on my mobile phone. I love clio features, such as task, client connect and the integration with other programs.

Cons

The email integration can be improved by reducing the steps to download emails. Nevertheless, I still like the email feature.

Reasons for switching to Clio

At the time that I switch, Amicus was not a cloud based program.

phillip

Clio is the Future

Allowing us to grow and manage the business with much more efficacy. Allows staff to work remotely when required which is amazing for morale.

Pros

Perfect for post-COVID realities. Critical for surviving in the modern world and changing legal landscape

Cons

Some of the integrations have a few hiccups, but their support is exceptional and an absolute pleasure to work with

Reasons for choosing Clio

the most user-friendly and tech-forward

Reasons for switching to Clio

the old software was prehistoric and Clio was the first software that made the switch over viable.

Peggy

Industry: Law Practice

Cleo will solve all your law firm problems

My overall experience with Cleo has been fantastic and has changed how I do my daily job for the better. It has made life at work much easier and less stressful. It has allowed me to free up time that's better spent on creating documents forming businesses etc.

Pros

I loved Cleo from the moment a representative gave us an overview of the software and what it had to offer. After that demonstration I couldn't wait to try the software. I love that Cleo allows you to customize the program to your specific law firms needs. There is an enormous amount of ability to customize clients billing and matters. I've never found a software like this one before nor one that allows you so much freedom to make it your own. There are two sections to Cleo Cleo grow and Cleo manage. Cleo grow allows you to enter potential new clients and track their progress as to whether they hire the law firm get referred out or don't hire the law firm. It has saved me from keeping up with two separate spreadsheets which allows me more time to work on important tasks. Once in Cleo grow you can move a client over to Cleo manage once they hire you. Once in Cleo grow everything about your client and their case is all contained on their own individual dashboard. Within that dashboard you can store communications their documents their payment transactions emails billing their time they're expenses etc. And because of the categories you can customize I'm able to enter the important information needed for their particular case and it's no farther than one click away. I have to say the Cleo support and help section is spectacular and one of the best I've ever come across. They have a clear academy which offers training on specific things you can do in the software.

Cons

The only thing I found so far that I'm not fond of with the software is the flat rate billing. Our Law Firm wants to keep track of the time spent on a case even if it's for flat fee. I'm still trying to find a way to best show this on an invoice and after researching Cleo help section they don't seem to have a real clear method of doing it.

Reasons for choosing Clio

Once again we went straight to Cleo because it was so highly recommended. Once we looked over the software features and spoke with a representative we were sold on the product and had no need to look further.

Reasons for switching to Clio

We made the switch because time 59 was not serving our needs. Even though we were using this software I still had to keep multiple reports outside of the software to keep up with my clients in their cases.

Amy

Satisfied Clio user for 5+ years, recently purchased for additional firm

I am very satisfied with Clio as an online time management option. If you want/need to be 100% in-the-cloud, I would choose and recommend this program most highly to other firms. I prefer it to Bill4Time, CosmoLex, TimeSlips (not online). It also has things I like better than Prolaw (which also is not online). I don't use many of the advanced features Clio offers like integrations, Clio payments or even calendar, tasks because of the way may firms are set up. So, I can't speak to those features.

Pros

I like Clio's simplicity and intuitiveness best. It really is the easiest time management program I have used. If you want to get up and running, like, literally, now, you can purchase Clio online with a push of a button and have open matters and clients/contact in minutes. I originally chose this product 5+ years ago for a small firm I manage, after looking at most of the online time management products on the market. I chose it specifically because it seemed the easiest in which to enter time. One of the attys I work with isn't great with a keyboard. Clio time entry required the least amount of effort, was the easiest to navigate and simplest to look at. But after using Clio, as well as, other online time management products (I manage a few small law firms), I really appreciate the easy of creating and EDITING invoices, which I do extensively at my firms. Lastly, I recently utilized Clio's FREE migration services to move from another online software, which I did not like. The migration took one hour on the phone, one day for them to migrate, and was pretty seamless! I've migrated data a few times (Prolaw and CosmoLex) and this was by FAR the easiest. The customer service is always great, even though I don't have to use it often because Clio is so simple to use.

Cons

Only 1. I haven't mastered LEDES ebililng on Clio yet. At one of my firms, we do only LEDES98 ebilling. If you don't know what this is, stop reading, you will not experience this minor Con. I am having trouble perfecting the LEDES98 txt files and uploading them. Granted, this is my first month of e-billing on Clio at this firm, so I'm sure customer service will correct it for me. It's just that a few other time management programs I have used had no LEDES glitches and uploaded perfectly the first time. The price is also high for small firms. But all online billing programs are.

Reasons for choosing Clio

Simply because of ease of use of user interface (and all the other reasons stated above).

Reasons for switching to Clio

At both firms, attys wanted to be 100% cloud-based. At the firm I've used Clio for 5+ years, we used TimeSlips prior. At the firm I have used Clio for only 30 days, I used CosmoLex for 60 days and REALLY didn't like it so I made the horribly painful decision to switch 2x. Prior to CosmoLex, we had used Prolaw for 20+ years, which I loved, but it wasn't cloud-based.

Lindsay

Industry: Law Practice

Great software and user friendly!

My overall experience has been great! They are always making sure to take the next step in integrations and constantly keep their software up to date and secure.

Pros

I liked how the IT team literally walked me through the entire set-up/integration. To be 100% honest, they recovered & transferred my crashed billing entries from Timeslips into their system. There are so many positives re: Clio software that I cannot pick what I like most; however, the Quick Bill & Payment Plan features are very convenient. Oh, I can't write a review and not mention the LawPay integration. That is also a great feature!

Cons

I hate when I am asked for instructions on setting up their client portal because I have no instructions to give them. I wish Clio had a .pdf that I could hand to every new client. I also wish there were more options re: billing history printouts for the Court. This is VERY important when asking for ATTY fees.

Reasons for choosing Clio

I chose Clio because of the support team.

Reasons for switching to Clio

Timeslips crashed and they would not help me unless I upgraded.

Richard

Industry: Law Practice

Split personality software - two steps for the function of one

Clio allow you to generate bills - take payments online - and has a rudimentary accounting system.

Pros

Clio is quite robust with many functions geared for law offices. Much of the thrust is for multiple lawyer offices ( which makes sense) and some also work for solo firms (my office is a solo office). There is a forms component which is poorly integrated with Clio. It does allow you to create an online fillable form - but the steps to have that information fed into your database for the practice is cumbersome and not intuitive. Yo are using two independent programs - which is unlike both Practicve Panther and My Case. In the other two the feed into the database is direct - no two programs - no multiple steps to move rom one database to another.

Cons

As mentioned, the multiple step s needed to use the forms - and the cost for that portion of the platform - make this a terrible choice. If you want to use forms as questionares and to populate your database - and update the database - by client input - this is definitely NOT the platform to use.

Reasons for choosing Clio

I was told the forms were integrated - they are not - and so I will be migrating away again

Reasons for switching to Clio

Originally I was a Clio user - they had no forms and there were some other issues. Practive Pnther is a bit slow - apparently the result of being on a microsoft backbone. Still is (I use both now while transitioning). MyCase was the first one i used - but the ability to control the look of the bills is nonexistent - but it is quite fast.

Þorsteinn

clio law DATA management

Support easy super good. Clio fixed problems with non english characters in days, Timemattes did not fix it in 20 years we have been complaining. Clio has extremely good search features and all sorts of filtering. For instance universal search that goes through matters, contacts, events, notes, tasks, time/expenses logs, documents content, doc, names, and communications (emails, sec. mess, phone log). clio portal for clients, e sign easy to make form-documents connects to IP phone etc. Faster law is a must I would say. To make a great package even better we subscribed also to Faster Law which has done a fantastic add on to Clio. There you get tools to capture your time automatically, the programs keeps track on how long you spend working on case files, e mails etc. in different cases and suggests billable time for that. There is a lot more like file handling, better way to link e mails, save and link attachments and files, you can explore your files on Clio’s serves in you file explorer.

Pros

For us the program has changed everything in the workflow to the better. In our opinion Clio’s forte is how flexible it is. Every law firm has its own different way of organizing workflow and Clio can accommodate for that, at least our whims and quirks which we have abundant of. The program is like potty in your hand. You mold and sculp the program according to your own special needs in the workflow. The only barrier is your own imagination. You decide how information is inserted, in what order and form and how it is presented. You make your own work procedures. You can organize and make chains of tasks beforehand and set the relevant type of chain of tasks to fit the case you are working on. Then, there and now, the future workflow is decided and set for that case.

Cons

You can not copy matters/cases and clients. It is not easy to move data fram TM to clio. We decided not to to it. Integration between outlook calander and clio calander does not work, it is so slow it is not usable. But the integration between google cal and clio cal is excellent.

Reasons for choosing Clio

Clio is flexible. Very stapple and predictable. Clio is easy to manage and learn. Excellent support. Handles non english characters well.

Reasons for switching to Clio

Time Matters is old fashioned, originally written for DOS and has restrictions therefore. Does not offer any real cloud solution only remote desktope.

Patrick

Clio, the best all purpose attorney software, bar none...

Outstanding experience with something for everyone just depending on one's level of interest and need.

Pros

Functionality is nearly universal while specially and jusisdiction costomization is great. Easy law firm branding and pre sale marketing is brilliant. Support is outstanding and the Premium Support even better for speedy, live agent help. Cost is reasonable and many available plans on their menu of options. Clio grows nicely with solid feature burstsoften free to it's users. Excellent and often updated/enlarged mobile App across all usual platforms: Appke, Android, Windows... Superior online instant pay clientbinvoucing, and client trust account requests The wide assortment of excellent and Rock solid 3rd party software affiliations is very impresdive.

Cons

I was fortunate to have free help migrating my existing, Timeslips database compiled over many years but it ain't quite so free today...Also, I'm still not a fan of the communications tools for clients and othes not subscribed to Clio.

Reasons for choosing Clio

Cost was far more advantageous to others and functionality far greater

Reasons for switching to Clio

Clio offered a better interface, and easier learning curve on an all super secure encrypted cloud based system enabling staff to also take full part in the foundational underlie of the program. Exactly as it should be in any real-world biz software offering.

Laurie

Great functionality and awesome customer service

Clio has allowed us all to access information we need from one place and pull customized reports that allow for better business planning. Honestly, it's one of the most user friendly client database software that I've ever used.

Pros

What I like most about Clio and it's developers is that when there is a feature you believe would be a great enhancement and you suggest it to them, it seems like not long thereafter you have that enhancement.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I don't like, honestly.

Reasons for choosing Clio

We were invited to their annual conference the year before we purchased it so we could speak to others using it and speak to the developers of the software. We've been back to their conferences several times thereafter!

Reasons for switching to Clio

Abacus was too burdensome and very expensive for what you got with the software in my view.

Tanya Mitchell

Industry: Law Practice

Clio has changed my life!

My CFO's timed has been freed up tremendously because we now bill with Clio and she does not have to enter time from all users into a similar computer software. We all can work from anywhere and capture our time with the Clio app! Love it!

Pros

I love the functionality of Clio, and how we can manage time for each user on multiple devices. I not longer have to keep up with my start time for a task, my completion time, the calculation with what portion of an hour was teh time, or completing timesheets for a billing professional to then enter into a software to generate client invoices. Additionally, the billing process has been simplied and can be run from any computer. Further, the ability to keep up with each staff member's productivity is AWESOME! Clio has definitely changed my legal life!

Cons

Getting acclimated was sort of difficult because my rep was new at the time. The regular support team helped us with the remaining onboarding.

Reasons for choosing Clio

Clio had better customer service and unlimited storage space for documents.

Reasons for switching to Clio

We needed the flexibility that Clio offers for billings. We also have Clio Grow, and it has made new client intake a breeze!

Eileen Noon

Why I find a Clio essential

Terrific.

Pros

Why I find a Clio essential Is as a sole proprietor of a small business, Clio operates as my check and balance. The small law firm I was at prior to going on my own used Clio and while I do not use all the features because I do mostly appointed work, the features I do use are essential on assuring me I am on top of my game 99.44% of the time.

Cons

As a very busy person, what I like least about Clio is it operates as a reminder to me that I could probably do a lot more if I ever took the day or two to get all the educated on how to do some of the things I do in a rather long handled manner. I am 60 years old and have been a lawyer for 33 years. I recommend Clio to many of the young lawyers I know just starting out or only a few years in the practice to help them ensure themselves they’re keeping track of their time, their appointments, their clients etc. I point out any problem I’ve ever had with Clio was quickly addressed and fixed and that I couldn’t be happier. I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me.

Reasons for switching to Clio

The office I was with made the switch. And it was a terrific switch in my opinion.

Richard

Best Decision I made was to make the switch

Easier to manage all aspects of a case with CLIO

Pros

Easy to use, customer support is awesome, helpful tutorial videos and great client experience. I have received multiple compliments on the style and ease of paying on-line.

Cons

It was not syncing with QuickBooks when posting to CLIO but that may have been addressed recently. I need to check with my bookkeeper.

Reasons for choosing Clio

I asked around and even had CLIO provide me with a referral in my area of practice so I could see how they liked it and if there were any issues. I confirmed CLIO was a solid company and would be around. The Florida Bar indorsement was also key.

Reasons for switching to Clio

Constant issues from an IT stand point. Not as user friendly

Margy

The Future of Cloud Computing in the Legal Industry

Clio has been really helpful organizing a small solo practice and getting that attorney up and running, and then expanding their practice accordingly. It's a great, central location for file management, and being able to use Quickbooks and Clio for billing is spectacular. Clio's client support is stellar, and that is worth a LOT when it comes to case management. Overall, Clio is an excellent choice, and even with my complaints, I do believe it is the standard for the future.

Pros

I really do believe that Clio is the future of legal cloud computing and practice/file management. It's a functional piece of software that allows attorneys and legal staff to manage cases with ease. There are a few things that I find to be useful with Clio: 1. Clio integrates with tons of other software options, including Grow (a CRM management tool). Keeping things "in the family" is really useful and speeds up management. 2. Clio's billing functionality is really nice. It's one of the more functional back end management tools I've seen, and I really like the way it works. You can integrate it with Quickbooks for easy accounting, which we really appreciate and which looks great on the user end (for clients, when they receive bills). 3. Clio sports a really professional interface, which just looks nice when you're working. It looks grown up and sleek, so if someone peeks over your shoulder or you're working while in the vicinity of clients, it doesn't have a preschool feeling to it. 4. Most important - Clio's customer support is incredible. Have an issue? There are videos you can watch, or people you can talk to. They will literally stay on the phone with you for hours as you troubleshoot issues together, or learn something new. Top notch, seriously.

Cons

I do have a few gripes about Clio. If these were addressed, it would get a 5-star rating from me: 1. Mouseclicks. Clio requires so. many. mouseclicks. It is infuriating at times. I realize this sounds stupid, but over time, they add up. I am a huge fan of efficiency, and Clio is one of the most inefficient programs I've used. 2. Workflows. I really enjoy using workflows to track various projects. Clio sucks at workflows. A complete rework of how they approach them, and how they look for interface with the staff who are responsible for executing, would go a LONG WAY toward making Clio a more useful application. I think workflows are really the topic that causes Clio to lag behind other software out on the market. I would like to see something in place that allows a user to create a workflow, move tasks around in the list, add subtasks to tasks, and assign triggering dates, secondary dates, etc. It would also be useful to be able to assign various tasks to various users. Until that's in place, I'll be sad about using Clio. 3. A central location for performing various functions. Clio does have a left-hand toolbar that allows you to do SOME things, but not ALL things. It would be good if, from the left-hand menu, I could do each discrete thing that I can do in Clio by clicking a mouse a zillion times. Once that happens, I'll be happier. 4. Document management. I'm out of room, but it is not idea. Too much downloading/uploading. Dropbox is better (for collaborati

Reasons for choosing Clio

Clio came recommended by another practitioner who had gone solo and had a great experience.

Christopher

Industry: Law Practice

A good product, getting better all the time

My overall experience with CLIO has been very positive. Having a system that tracks my cases, especially my time management, has been essential. While I don't love the algorithm used in the metrics, as opposed to just showing me what I have done and earned in whole minutes and dollars, having those metrics lets me see how close I am to meeting my goals. And the billing software is incredible and easy to use. Most of all, I like that the CLIO team seems to understand that there is always room for improvement and is asking its customers and users for feedback, and actually makes improvements. I have been using CLIO for only a year, and CLIO has had two significant improvements in that time, both that were in my view positive adjustments of an already good product. CLIO is some monolithic and static program that you have to take as it is; it continues to grow and improve with user input.

Pros

CLIO does all of the basic things that a lawyer needs a case management software system to do - keeps track of clients, cases, related persons, keeps a calendar of events, even does billing in all the ways a lawyer bills a client. I especially like the document generation software, which allows our firm to efficiently create a large number of similar documents, motions, and other pleadings for our cases. Finally, I appreciate CLIO's ability to customize fields for contacts and matters.

Cons

CLIO is missing some things that I took for granted in other software, the biggest being warning the user when a scheduling conflict occurs on the calendar. For a busy litigation practice that spans several counties in my state, having a automatic conflict warning when I am scheduling would be extremely helpful in ensuring I am never double-booked. One of the things I hope CLIO will consider improving in the future is making their document templates able to be organized or with a search function. As an attorney who works in criminal court, family, court probate court, and civil court, I generate a lot of different documents, and its always a chore going through the list to find the one I need. Even organizing documents by category, which CLIO also permits users to customize as needed, would be an improvement in efficiency. A final thought for improving CLIO would be in the Contacts system, adding a checkbox to permit the use of a work address and other contact information for the contact, both when creating a contact from scratch, or when adding a new contact under a Matter as a related person. Right now, whenever I add a new police officer in my criminal defense cases, even though I have their police department in my contacts, I have to type out the address, phone number, website, etc. in the new officer's contact. A checkbox would save me a great deal of time, or just add the employer contact information as the contact's work addresses as a default.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,162 reviews