All ConnectWise ScreenConnect Reviews

Better Remote access than 90% of competitors

Zane

Computer Hardware, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2019

ConnectWise Control helps us support our global customers

ConnectWise Control has allowed us to deliver a custom-branded remote support solution.

PROS

I really like the fact that we can own an on-premise license and not be tied to a contract. It also does not leave any client software installed.

CONS

Purchasing additional licenses is harder than it should be, I've reached out to them several times and no one has called me back,

Reasons for switching to ConnectWise ScreenConnect

To save money and offer a custom branded support tool.

Jonathan

Reviewed August 2021

A lot of value for dollar with ConnectWise Control

Overall ConnectWise Control has been easy to deploy and use. Initially we were hesitant to add our servers to a remote support tool like ConnectWise Control or TeamViewer, but this tool has made remote server administration much simpler.

PROS

ConnectWise Control has a great web view that allows us to quickly find the computer/server we're looking for. We can run standard command line and PowerShell commands through the web interface to quickly gather information or troubleshoot a user's computer without impacting the user experience. The screen share is very fast and reliable and often preferred over Remote Desktop sessions. It's also very nice to be able to switch between user sessions on the computer, like when interacting with a Remote Desktop server and needing to assist a specific user on the Remote Desktop server.

CONS

The software doesn't fully integrate with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, the only software that does is TeamViewer.

Reasons for switching to ConnectWise ScreenConnect

ConnectWise Control was a cheaper alternative for business and allowed for better free use for personal making it easier to adopt personally and then convince the business to adopt the software.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2023

It is simple to access the server with ConnectWise remotely.

Mainly what we are dedicated to is structuring programmatic projects of our computer and hardware services, it is essential in this sense that when a problem arises at any time we can be 100% notified with notifications to repair the process of any program that we have in operation. on the server.This program has undoubtedly helped us a lot, we don't need to go back to work, with a home computer it's enough to be able to check the server, which is as if we were doing it live at work.

PROS

Initially, it is very easy to be able to connect everything with connect wise, especially for what we use it for, which is the testing server. Reciprocally, it generates more learning information where we move very well.Many times I leave the office and I receive messages of serious concerns about server errors where technicians are waiting for my help and direction. Thanks to the program, I can easily generate this by connecting from my home and everything has gone great.

CONS

There are some applications that are not compatible and tools that conectwise does not have at this time, other programs do.According to this, currently it will not be an impediment to change it, but in the future it may possibly be.

Christopher

Chemicals, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Good product that could use a few improvements

PROS

Unattended/Remote access is very easy to use. Installing the agent on machines is easy and can also be automated.

CONS

Some admin functions such as maintaining users/roles/security permissions are not very intuitive, and can be hard to figure out at first.

Allegra

Reviewed September 2023

ScreenConnect Review

PROS

I like that we can now see software on the machine without logging in as the user. I also like that I can now login as the user on remote desktop without guiding them to join a session.

CONS

The expired token can be a problem. I appreciate that it clears up if someone is using up a seat and isn't at their computer anymore but I do wish it had maybe an idle timer instead of it running into that when I'm in the middle of something.

Kelly M

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

It's perfect for remote troubleshooting and installation

Employee monitoring and new software deployment are two reasons why we utilize Connectwise Control. It is also used for troubleshooting deployed PCs on occasion. To swiftly access distant stations for troubleshooting and assistance, a basic security verification is required.

PROS

It's very convenient to be able to speak with our IT staff in real time, and the interface is so user-friendly. Characteristics of multipurposeness. It's a great option for anything from meetings to remote access to help desks to education and so much more. As a tool for establishing a remote desktop connection, ConnectWise Control excels.

CONS

It's possible to watch the screens of computers while they're in operation, without needing to connect to them. Better design for the dashboard is needed.

Reasons for switching to ConnectWise ScreenConnect

When you don't have enough time in the day, this is the greatest solution. If you can't answer a question about IT, it keeps the information in the cloud and lets you manage it remotely.

Ron

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

One of the best remote tools I've ever used !

The company I work for is supporting over 300 customers and when I came to work here, all remote connections were manually made. Ofcourse not so efficient. So I started to implement Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager, where I could create a lot of our remote connections but unfortunately not all. Especially the remote connections which need a VPN connection before using RDP to remotely connect to the server. It is possible in RDM (jump to a virtual machine on the network, start the VPN connection there and then RDP into the server), which is time consuming (over 2 minutes per session). Therefor I was looking for a quicker solution, but still with the security a VPN connection has to offer. And then I found ConnectWise Control, which does all that. Once I tried the trial version and extended it (with help of the CW support team), I was sure this was the solution I was looking for. Now it only takes me 15 seconds to remotely connect to remote server. And not only me, but thanks to the integration in RDM my fellow colleagues can use the same configured session and start the remote connections.

PROS

The ease of set up, price, LDAP intergration, RDM (Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager) integration, email notifications

CONS

The set up of email notifications can be a little difficult to master. Once mastered, it's quite simple.

Reason for choosing ConnectWise ScreenConnect

First of all the price and secondly the ease of set up.

Eric

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Best Remote Control Management Software

We used TeamViewer for several years before a colleague recommended ConnectWise Control. I would never go back to TeamViewer - ConnectWise Control has saved us a lot of time and effort.

PROS

Works with any browser, doesn't use a lot of resources, allows us to provide full service remote management to our customers, easy to install on many computers, and is economical.

CONS

The default color theme is red, which is annoying to me. That's the worst thing I can say about the software.

Reason for choosing ConnectWise ScreenConnect

The cost is reasonable, it's easy to install, and works every time.

Bongani

Reviewed December 2022

Personal Experience with ConnectWise Control

It saves me travelling costs as I don't have to be on site to repair or provide support to my clients, thus saving me money and time.

PROS

Controller meetings start rapidly.Specialist establishments rush to finish.On premise server refreshes rush to finish, commonly in under 10 minutes.Impromptu help meetings are natural and simple to begin

CONS

the controller task bar bugs out more than it ought towhile doing a far off meeting from the help tab, possibly a few times it prompts for adminstrator access when this entrance is required. more often than not it simply dark screen when UAC input is required.it doesn't scale well when multiple screens are engaged with a far off meeting

Reason for choosing ConnectWise ScreenConnect

I chose it because of its rating, reviews as well as price. It is very competitive and affordable for me personally.

Derek

Reviewed December 2019

Control of all of our clients computers and servers

Great software for remote connection as well as transferring files or quickly accessing. Also provides ability to script and deploy software and scripts.

PROS

Extremely efficient and quick for remotely connecting to servers and computers. Software rarely has issues installing and once in place, remote access is seconds away once initiating.

CONS

The cost of the software is a downside. The ConnectWise suite is the Cadillac of MSP software but it will cost one. Highly recommend the suite as Control is extremely efficient.

Reasons for switching to ConnectWise ScreenConnect

SolarWinds RMM was not updated as frequently as one would have liked. Did not like the features to cost. Invested in ConnectWise Manage and Control meshes nicely alongside.

Deryck

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

It's about the User

Been very happy with it and same with my clients. The only clients we have trouble with it is mac but that has more to do with apple's security and not connect wise control

PROS

That the login passcode is something we give the client and not the other way around. With other remote tools the client has to provide the passcode. A lot of the time when when it's up to them they are unable to find or provide the correct information.

CONS

The branding option doesn't have enough colors to work with.

Reason for choosing ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Price and once again the passcode is one the client has to provide to start a session.

Reasons for switching to ConnectWise ScreenConnect

We switch due to clients having trouble providing the passcode for service.

Computer Networking, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2019

Great remote software with good feature set.

I switched over from fixme.it as I needed a remote support app with a phone app as I use tablet and phones in the field and I'm.not always near a computer. Support has been great over chat as needed and most downtime is noted well ahead of time.

PROS

Ease of setup and configuration. Personal landing page for remote clients. Quickly see online status, system specifications and ram usage Easily issue commands to system and transfer files.

CONS

Upgrading and sometimes new clients have issues associating with account. Once in awhilenanfew workstations refuse to update and manually installing fails. Price is on the high side compared to some offerings. Screenshot is nice but really too small to be of ant use

Costs.

Reasons for switching to ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Needed a web based portal and communication with client without having to bounce back between each session and the main page. Needed a phone/tablet app to use for remote support tech support via fix me was much slower an d sometimes required adding permissions into internet settings .

Consumer Electronics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Best value out there in remote support

We're a small company so when one of their competitors had a major price increase, I started looking for an alternative. So glad I found ConnectWise Control! We're a small company and dont have the need for constant concurrent connection so paying thousands of dollars for that functionality didnt make sense. Service has been reliable, easy tio set up and most importantly, easy or my clients to use and connect.

PROS

Easy to use. Reliable. great dashboard.

CONS

It does everything I need and surprises me with things I didnt know I needed!

Reason for choosing ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Connect has the right prices for what we needed to do with the software. Other options just didn't cater to our small needs.

Astronomical price increase

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Overwhelmingly simple yet effective

Overall this is one of the best remote control software products I've ever used. Overall it's very smooth to operate, on low speed or high latency connections, it will still work, but has (obvious) delays. Despite this, it's still possible to get the work done, there are just delays that make it appear as though you aren't doing anything since you're waiting for the next screen to render. This is especially bad during UAC prompts. I have been using this product for many years now and have rarely run into issues with it. For the price point though, this is the best product on the market and scales based on your needs.

PROS

- Ease of use - Quick setup (cloud version) - Minimal training required - Easy customization - Solid connectivity - Requires no end user training

CONS

- Speed of connection varies greatly when using the cloud vs on-prem - Must have a decent internet connection to use efficiently - UAC prompts will cause the connection to slow down to a crawl even on good internet (not sure if a connectwise issue or a windows issue)

Reason for choosing ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Having used some of the other products as well as Control, made this decision very straightforward. The overall functionality of the product for the price was the biggest selling point. Management thought I was joking when I showed them the 3 year cost of the software vs. the cost of some of the others in the mix. The decision was made there and then. Rollout took less than 48 hours (using GPO) to get all endpoints and servers added to the brand new environment. 100% would recommend for anyone sitting on the fence. We are currently using the cloud version and have not been disappointed with this product.

Reasons for switching to ConnectWise ScreenConnect

The price point was way better and the overall functionality was a huge selling point.

Warren

Reviewed June 2022

A Reliable, quick and lightweight solution.

ConnectWise Control has helped us to dial into our clients in a fast and reliable manner. It's configurations mean that we can dial into servers without prompting the machine, but to dial into a workstation, the user does need to consent to control. This is crucial.

PROS

The speed in which we can connect to our end users with Control is it's greatest strength. It is very lightweight and a joy to use.

CONS

The support can be a little on the slow side, if required. more often than not, the support team have to escalate and log a ticket, which takes a while t get a response.

Reason for choosing ConnectWise ScreenConnect

ConnectWise control fits perfectly into ConnectWise RMM, which my team use to monitor our client computers.

Reasons for switching to ConnectWise ScreenConnect

TeamViewer renewal fees ,we found to be extremely high. Plus, ConnectWise control integrates with ConnectWise RMM, which we use daily.

Mohamed Salah

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

A Comprehensive Remote Support Tool: ConnectWise Control

Overall, ConnectWise Control is a great choice for businesses looking for a reliable and secure remote desktop support tool. The intuitive interface and customizable features make it suitable for a variety of business needs.

PROS

ConnectWise Control is a great remote support tool that offers users a comprehensive suite of features. The platform is easy to use and the support team is always available to help with any issues. I have used it to help my customers troubleshoot their systems and to transfer files, and it worked perfectly every time. It is a reliable and secure platform that I would definitely recommend.

CONS

ConnectWise Control can be somewhat expensive for small businesses and the setup process can be a bit tricky for those who are unfamiliar with the software. Additionally, it lacks some advanced features that may be necessary for certain businesses.

Reasons for switching to ConnectWise ScreenConnect

ConnectWise Control offers a wealth of features that make it superior to many of its alternatives. It provides secure, reliable remote desktop support and customizable features that can be tailored to fit the specific needs of a business. Additionally, the customer support team is available to answer any questions or provide assistance with setup.

Sam

Reviewed June 2019

Fully featured and robust for Helpdesk management

Control helps to keep our clients centrally accessible and allows fast response even over poor quality communications lines.

PROS

Remote connection is easy to understand and use even for non-tech savvy users, Templates help to decide on what options are shown and not show which is great for customization and de-cluttering. Great 1-click redeploy for updating the control agent version

CONS

Cloud hosted server is sluggish and slow to respond, each input feels slow and occasionally pages just never finish loading all together. Addons are non-curated and seem rarely upto date and working. API documentation for Control seems non-existent or sparse. No Android endpoint app to remote control mobile devices (This is the one feature that almost had us turn to LogMeIn's product line) even teamviewer has a host app although it connects in the reverse fashion to match the teamviewer desktop app.

Reason for choosing ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Slow programs with Really high latency, this combo makes it really hard to work on a fast-flowing helpdesk.

Craig