• Pros

• "It's very easy to use, loads quickly and I love that the mobile version allows me to do everything I need to do even when I'm away from my desktop. "

• "Very intuitive, Great Integration with Google! Makes life easier and keeps track of contact!"

• "It is easy to use, once you get the hang of it. Good customization. Phone App. Copper integrates with all things Google. "

• Cons

• "some of the reporting is limited, or not as easy to generate out of the box. Work with account manager is helpful here. "

• "There are always little things here and there that I'd like to tweak, but overall I am very happy with the system."

• "The mobile app is a little slow sometimes but I am sure the Prosperworks team is working on it. Other than that, it can be expensive for larger teams."

Browse Copper Reviews

Mark from FCV Interactive

Copper, formerly ProsperWorks - Great tool for G Suite/Google Apps Users

Pros

I've used Copper (under its original brand) both as a freelance digital contractor and in an agency setting. I found the standalone app to work fine, but there's no comparison to how well it worked with gMail, Google Docs and other elements of G Suite. I read a Forbes article about the rebrand and apparently Copper signals a move for the company where their apps are on Google Cloud, and to better support G Suite, and that seems like great news. If you are an agency using G Suite it seems to be a no-brainer to use Copper to me. Especially for tracking emails and customer conversations related to opportunities. The rebrand caught me by surprise when I was looking for something for a client. The Forbes article sheds some light on the rebrand and evolution. I'm a little biased as I wrote an article once for ProsperWorks, but this review is strictly from my experiences with the app, and the company. They have great customer success follow-up and have many scheduled support resources/weekly webinars to ensure you get the best out of your investment. I don't sell this app, I just was happy with how easy it was to use the tool, I've worked with Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and other CRM apps and I stand by my appreciation for how great this app is for G Suite and for agencies.

Cons

I think the Copper rebrand is a sign of lots of changes for this solution, and the Forbes article says that there are positive changes to further align this solution with the Google ecosystem. I will say that the rebrand was news to me, but I haven't used the app in a month or so now since a recent contract ended .

Drew from ICG

Great CRM for Gmail Users

Great company with an excellent support team always available. Offer monthly training and update webinars as well.

Pros

Love this CRM as it integrates easily with Gmail. Good ways to customize the pipelines and customer management options.

Cons

Does take some time to set everything up and need to add on a few features to have it customize the way you want.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Gmail integration and cost.

Response from Copper (formerly ProsperWorks)

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the kind words, Drew. Taking into consideration your cons for the product and see how we can work to make it better. Thanks again!

Shirley "Sokes" from Sotheby's International Realty Canada

Has potential, but falls flat.

Excitement and then disappointment. The G Suite integration is incredible, but the confusing and time consuming process in trying to customize to suit specific real industry needs felt cumbersome and frustrating. Loads of potential and will be interesting to see where this CRM is headed.

Pros

The G Suite integration and UI of Copper are incredible. It seamlessly integrates with Gmail, importing new leads and prospects as contacts. The features such as reach out reminders, prompts and automation point to the CRM as being an excellent platform for those in sales.

Cons

Despite promoting itself as a Real Estate CRM, it requires far too much work and time to change, customize and create settings that would allow it actually be useful for real estate agents. If you're the type that enjoys customizing to suit your specific needs, then Copper could be a great fit. Would be great if the platform had base configurations that are specific to certain industries.

Response from Copper

Replied January 2020

Hi Shirley, thanks for leaving us a review. Your two cents are extremely helpful and look forward to reviewing with our team on how we can best put it to use. If you have any additional feedback, don't be stranger. You can always reach out to us on social (@CopperInc) or at support(at)copper(dot)com.

Cool Copper

I set up all of my meetings and have all of my business and many of my personal contacts set up in Copper.

Pros

Copper tracks activity well and ability to make it a custom application for my use is helpful. I also like that it integrates with Gmail our company's email platform.

Cons

A bit expensive. No ability to attach files to emails sent within the system. Files can be attached if using Gmail.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Its ability to integrate with Google products.

Response from Copper

Replied October 2019

Greatly appreciate the review! As for the con you've listed, we do have a feature on the horizon that will address that concern and positively impact Copper users in a big way.

Sam from YachtLife

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Basic CRM, looking for automated workflows, look elsewhere!

Copper is our CRM and is only used for our sales team. Our products are a mobile app and website that generate leads that go into Copper in which our sales team is able to qualify and view all communication with prospects and move them along the appropriate pipeline. One of the main problems that Copper solves for us is integrating with Slack and their mobile app to update us real-time of new leads. Also, a nice feature of Copper is their integration with G Suite (since Copper is a Google Product), that keeps track of all communication with each prospect. From a more technical perspective, Copper has a quite robust API that allows us to connect our mobile app attribution platform, Slack, PostgresSQL, and chatbot Intercom.

Pros

One of the main benefits of Copper is real-time reports. We are able to breakdown won and lost revenue amongst our sales team and also account for projected sales revenue based on the opportunities in the pipeline and the expected close rate of those opportunities. Copper has automated actions that allow us to move prospects through pipelines effectively. We set automated reminders and tasks for opportunities based on their pipeline and stage within the pipeline. These reminders and tasks are also emailed and sent as a push notification to each respective lead owner.Copper has automated actions that allow us to move prospects through pipelines effectively. We set automated reminders and tasks for opportunities based on their pipeline and stage within the pipeline. These reminders and tasks are also emailed and sent as a push notification to each respective lead owner. We are a big fan of the Copper newsletters. They provide a clear roadmap of what to expect from them from a product development standpoint and what to expect next. Their emails are easy to digest, and optimized for mobile. Also, they ask for user input that has been integrated into their roadmap.

Cons

While Copper has a quite robust API, they do not have any webhook receiver URLs. In order to effectively communicate data between Copper and another platform is through a paid Zapier account or Tray.io. Automated actions are nice, but the work flow automations are extremely limited. We are not able to send users automated emails, push notifications when they enter a new stage of a pipeline. More direct integrations with messaging services - transactional + marketing email services, push notification platforms, chat services.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

I didn't have much authorization in the selection of Copper, however, I have looked into switching costs and leaving Copper due to their limited workflow automations. Hubspot and Salesforce look more robust and integrated with our other marketing tools. We are too sunk in with Copper into Slack, our backend, and current sales process to switch over and learn again. As a result, we have decided to stick with Copper and wait anxiously for their new product updates.

Nick from RumbleUp

Switched from Pipedrive to Copper

Pros

At the beginning of 2019 we knew we needed a more robust CRM system. Our team was growing and we needed to make it easier to hand off a client from sales to service.

Cons

There is a higher learning curve on Copper but it's just because it's a more robust system.

Response from Copper

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the review, Nick! Stoked to be a part of your MarTech stack and help your growing team!

Erik from Landopia

Disappointed on many fronts

I had high hopes when making the transition from Pipedrive to Copper. I was interested in custom reports and overall more customization of the product when compared to Pipedrive. The trial period went well with the software and the help from support in the transition, but ultimately we were pushed to commit to the paid account before we could test everything needed for our business. We paid the annual subscriptions for our team and ended up wanting to leave the CRM after about 6 months because the CRM wasn't meeting our needs after we worked with it for some time. When asking to cancel and refund the balance of payment not used they were unwilling to offer any refund, stating the contract says no refunds :( So we left with a bad taste in our mouths and overall disappointment with the software and support.

Pros

I liked the ability to do customized reporting, gsuite integrations and overall customization of the CRM.

Cons

The customer service was helpful to certain level. They helped us transition through the trial period in the software but ultimately I was pushed to commit to the product before we could fully test everything we needed. The CRM is somewhat cluttered and the UI is a little too subtle. Specifically the opportunities pipeline and tasks due really don't come forward visually because the status color dots for upcoming task, ect are too small and the color contrast is too low. Pipedrive did a much better job at this quick visual communication for the user showing what might be overdue, coming due, etc.

Response from Copper

Replied February 2020

Hi Erik, sorry to hear that Copper wasn't able to meet your expectations and really appreciate your thoughtful feedback this helps us continue to develop our product and customer engagement motions to better serve you. We're also sorry to hear that you had an issue with your account terms. We aim to offer flexible terms across our monthly and annual contracts, and adhere to standard SaaS contract terms to align with other software tools that our customers are leveraging. We commit a high level of post-sale and ongoing Customer Success resources for our customers that make a commensurate, annual commitment to us. To that end, we would love to continue working with you through the remainder of your contract to help you find value from Copper.

Julien from Abacus Agency

Great CRM for great sales

Overall, Copper has helped us in our sales prospecting and decision making. It has given us clear insights on our next steps to take

Pros

User friendly platform specially the ability to add leads, people, companies straight from gmail and, reports are very helpful in our decision making process

Cons

Nothing much. Its just occurs sometimes that it doesnt track duplicate leads and people added in the CRM

Stefani from Inflo HR

Copper Gmail CRM

Overall its been a good product to use for a CRM with easy to use functionality tools like the plugins and zaps.

Pros

I love the fact it syncs your contacts from your Gmail to Copper and asks if you want to add them. It also compiles and zaps with other products you may use like an email campaign tool.

Cons

I least like the fact that it asks you to connect with every one of the people you've emailed - I wish AI was built into it more so there were specific keywords that would want you to add the person to it. Better LinkedIn connectivity would be great as well.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

I used it due to the interface - it just looks nicer and connects with Gmail smoothly.

Response from Copper

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your review, Stefani. We're glad you find Copper simple and easy to use. We'll certainly be looking at new ways we can better enhance the product in 2020 and your feedback helps us strive for that goal!

Tabitha from Wild Blue

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Copper - The CRM Your Company Needs

Overall, it helps keep our team on the same page and saves our information very easily.

Pros

I like that this software saves basically anything and everything, but is also very secure. If I can't find something, I go here to see if I can track it down. I love that I can see my emails with a specific person through their profile.

Cons

It could be something I haven't found yet, but I would like for it to remember my login so I don't have to login each time. Something minute, but would be helpful.

Response from Copper

Replied December 2019

Hi Tabitha, we greatly appreciate the glowing review. Happy to hear that Copper helps keep your team on the same page who doesn't love a focused and productive team? Thanks again!

Has helped me get my marketing leads in order

Copper has made it easy for me to keep track of my leads. With it's basic functions anyone can use it without reading extensively through a guide or manual. I would recommend it to new businesses because of it's simplicity and inexpensiveness.

Pros

I've used copper for a while now - it was called Prosperworks when I first started to use it. It was my first CRM and it has helped me get my marketing leads in order as well as showed me how to use a CRM. Since it has simple features it is easy to use and learn and once you get the hang of it you are able to understand bigger and more complex systems so I'd like to think of Copper as a gateway CRM. I love how it integrates with Gmail so that with just one click of a button on the side panel that shows up after you install the Chrome extension and you have the contact's information saved- which spares you the work of manually adding a contact to the platform. The filters are easy to use and the fields can be customized. They even have a "market place" where you are shown information on the contacts whom you've recently exchanged emails with and it gives you the option to save it to your list. The pricing is also reasonable, especially if your company is in its early stages.

Cons

The thing that I dislike most about Copper is the field mapping that needs to get done prior to importing a list of leads via an Excel sheet. If there is one error or if it doesn't recognize the information within a cell then it wont import it and it will give you a pop up window with the option to correct it right then and there. I've found myself fighting with it plenty of times because it wont accept what I'm writing and then I would resort to canceling everything and just deleting that contact from the list to add it manually afterwards just to get the import feature to work. Also it is such a chore to import these lists, you have to click on so many menu items to get to the import function.

Alirio Rubn from Vikua

I work with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a great support to manage my company.

I work in a service company that offers hardware and software solutions with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a fundamental support for the management of our company, it allows us to follow up on the objectives set, measure deviations, marketing actions and contact with our customers.

Pros

Prosperwork is a CRM, which works in the cloud, which allows improving the sales management of any company. Among the most brilliant features is the complete merger with the Google Suite, but that articulation does not stop there, it also has the option of integrating with other web tools such as MailChimp, on cloud solution for handling email marketing campaigns, which makes an essential support tool for the work of our marketing department. It also offers synchronization with Dropbox, which makes it easy to transfer information through the tool. Due to being a solution on cloud, you can follow up, in real time, the work of the sales department. Contributing to the making of early decisions, avoiding the deviation from the goal proposed by our board.

Cons

We are very satisfied with the solution presented by this software, to the point of not having found ourselves before anything we want to do and can not do it in the tool. Although it is intuitive, it can be a bit confusing to use in the first few changes. Then, everything flows with a lot of precision and speed. The main reason for this situation is the large number of options and configurations that can be made in Prosperwork.

Duane from Friendhip Thru Teaching

This is the best CRM for a small business I have ever used

Pros

Ease of use, Flexibility, Multi Businesses can be operated from the same database. This system is easy to customize and automate. I like that it can be automated to other programs I use using Zapier or direct links to the software through API. It is also most useful because it integrates well with Gmail. Training team members is easy and straightforward. Their support tools make bring new people onto the system effortless. Each channel of sales can have it's own steps process to complete a sale. You can do reports by each Channel.

Cons

Support tickets take too long to process. Rather than just provide an answer to your request, the system contacts you to make sure you still have the question open and then you must refresh the ticket. Seems to be a glitch in their Zhen Dest process. Because I am in China doing some work, I find this most irritating. I cannot seem to get them to fix this problem. I wrote a letter to the president of the company after he wrote me wanting to know my opinion of the system but he never answered. The company is growing quickly and that is good but sometimes it also causes delays in getting the little things fixed. Over all though, I give the company a 5 start rating for effort, design, support and usefulness.

A Must for Business!

The overall experience has been great! The training is very good and ProsperWorks makes a genuine effort to properly onboard their clients unlike some software companies that want to sign you up and then leave you on your own. At a bare minimum, ProsperWorks raises an awareness of where every opportunity is in the sales process for the rep and the manager, leading to more customer touches. When properly used, it's truly a tool to increase sales and provide guidance and structure for a sales person throughout their day. And it can be accessed from anywhere!

Pros

I like the robust feature set that ProsperWorks CRM offers. The ability for the application to "scrape" emails from the interactions with each client is a big plus, too. It's relatively easy-to-use for early to mid adopters and the learning curve for a deployment is minor assuming most the people in the organization are somewhat savvy with web-based applications. I'm a manager of an outside sales environment so the amount of administrative control and the ability to assign roles to specific reps is helpful. I can set it up where each rep sees their own activity and not the activity of others. The app version of the software for iOS and Android is awesome as well. Very robust. You can enter info on the fly using your smart phone and it's all waiting for you when you open your laptop! It's a must for anyone doing territory sales.

Cons

The biggest negative to me is the fact that when ProsperWorks tries to scrape the actual contact data, it's incomplete or inaccurate and needs to be completed or fixed. Any other complaint is relatively minor and can probably be overcome with some more training. Also, my company uses the enterprise version of Quickbooks and apparently, ProsperWorks only integrates with the web-based version. It would be nice if that option would be made available in the future.

Lauren from Consulting

It doesn't get easier to enter your contacts into a CRM than Prosperworks

Pros

We all live in our inboxes these days, right? This is where the greatness of Prosperworks comes in. All you have to do is roll over the email address of a contact in your Gmail (using the Prosperworks Chrome extension) and with one click, you can add a contact to your database. *Bye* data entry! It's also very intuitive as it automatically asks once you've added someone to your contacts whether you want to create an opportunity or task reminder for that person to ensure that you are monetizing your lead gen and staying on top of potential clients. The system also looks at who you've been in contact with recently and asks if you want to add them to your database. Again, with just one click, you're growing your database regularly. Mass upload of contacts is simple and easy, as is exporting contacts. There are a lot of automation options available such as Mailchimp and virtually anything else that is available to connect on Zapier. Email templates with mergtags are easy to set up. Lots of customization options across the board.

Cons

It doesn't manage duplicates at all, which can be a bit of a drag. Email templates cannot include attachments or HTML. It's easy to lose your place when going down the list of contacts as the page has a tendency to refresh and start at the top as you navigate between contacts and sections. Reminders have limited options for when they are triggered.

Erica from Flywheel Brands, Inc.

Perfect Small Business Solution

ProsperWorks is not as widely known (yet) as many other CRM providers in the industry, but it is a strong contender in the arena. It has all the basic features and more for a business that needs a CRM system, and it seamlessly integrates with Gmail/Google for Business, which is a huge plus!

Pros

The Gmail integration is vital in so many ways, including record-keeping, recalling information, setting reminders for follow-ups and organizing project-related information. It's also highly intuitive. Although there are a number of self-paced and personal training opportunities, a relatively tech savvy individual should be able to navigate it with little trouble. It also includes a capability to keep your leads separate from your actual customers, while also moving them through a pipeline that you design. The Opportunities feature does the same thing, allowing you to visually track where any sales are and analyze any snags in your process.

Cons

There are some tricks to setting up the system, but ProsperWorks support is very clear in giving new clients the proper order of operations. If you follow the onboarding steps, you'll be successful.

Praveen from Accenture

ProsperWorks is one of the best CRM solutions I used so far

Pros

Has a standardized graphical user interface. Has superb marketing feature. It is simple to install the setup and doesn't require much training on its usage. Helps you track leads and automatically sending them notifications, thereby increasing the sales. It is cloud-based and is integrated with Google applications making it easy to track all the interactions with your clients, Mailchimp, linked in. You can create and notes for each lead. It has a feature, wherein you can check if a prospect has opened your mail or not. The customer service and support team are very responsive. Each of the clients profile comprises relevant information in addition to the previous conversation threads. Pipeline reporting helps large businesses. You can prioritize and plan all your events and meetings and set up task reminders. As it is integrated with Google products, manual data entry is avoided and it has helped in saving time and minimizing errors.

Cons

One of the main drawbacks of this CRM is that it lacks call integrations. The reporting feature needs upgradation.

Jonathan from Fortress Wealth

Small business owner review of Copper/Prosperworks after using it one year

In general we like it. It does the basics, database of people and companies with contact info, notes, email tracking, bulk email sending. As I said we don't use the sales bits or the pipeline functionality (pipelines are tasks made up of a series of steps which can be assigned). We just use it as a basic CRM. It works with Google Contacts, GMail and Calendar so you become a Google baby. You do have to pay for G Suite, it allows you to use your own domain and emails which is fine. We looked at a lot of CRMs (both free and expensive) and found this worked very well for the price. They still lack a few odd little things though, no birthdays (although you can do that through Google Contacts + Calendar) and it default sort people by their first names. We upgraded to the medium version so we could add lots of user columns to people. Two thumbs up.

Pros

Relatively inexpensive. Straight forward to use. Customer support is excellent. It has extensions to a good pool of add-ons. It uses pre-existing things like Google Calendar rather than re-inventing them.

Cons

It sits on Google's G Suite so you have to buy that also. It has extensions to things you have to pay for (versus free ones). Has some quirks (below). Has a lot of sales stuff (projections, staff etc) we do not need.

Basil from Leaf & Limb

Exceptional! I tried every major platform (plus a few minor ones) over a year and chose ProsperWorks

Most importantly, this platform has dramatically increased our ability to effectively and easily pursue sales leads longer and better than we were able to do previously. This has translated into more sales. Sales is what it's all about.

Pros

Most platforms are either too simplistic or WAY too complicated (think SalesForce). Prosperworks is lives in the Goldilocks zone of "just right". We are a medium size company that cannot afford a full time CRM engineer, so perhaps my decision would be different under these circumstances. But I have had nothing but a great experience with using ProsperWorks. Also, it's highly intuitive and the architecture is designed such that you do not have to click through things to get to other things. From nearly any point in the platform you can create entries or access the information you need. This saves a lot of time over the course of the day.

Cons

My complaints are small and business-specific. The issues I have are unique to our business model. The good thing is that the engineers at PW have been able to create customized programming and workarounds to solve most of our problems.

Jonathan from Fortress Wealth

Satisfied although they need to evolve a bit more

If you want a good solid system, inexpensive, that is distributed amongst free google functions get it. We looked at a lot of crms and pick this one.

Pros

We are a small two-person firm needing a simple crm to manage our clients. Prosperworks/Copper works for us. We can enter companies and people and attach notes. We have installed it under a Google G Suite account so we use Gmail for mail, Google calendar, Google contacts and Google Drive. P/C integrates with all of these and works fine. Updates in the crm propagate to gmail and contacts. It also logs emails under the right person. P/C has a facility for Tasks (which we don't really use - it is a bit lunky) , Leads and Opportunities which we don't use so we can't comment on them. Since you are not using a big crm it is very inexpensive yet gives us everything we need.

Cons

Some obvious things which I assume will be fixed soon. No Birthdays. Its default is to sort by first name! It would be nice if changes to Google Contacts would propagate back to P/C but if you are using the crm then not really an issue. Also it would be nice if it logged phone calls and DocuSign stuff for free but I think you can get that through paid add-ins.

Alex from CELARENT

Get all you need to handle your sales opportunity

I really appreciate this CRM and since I use it I experienced several improvements. Cooper was my greatest choice to handle with sales opportunity. The price maybe too high when compared with others softwares as soon? Maybe.

Pros

Still easy to use, although with the necessary improvements it is starting to get complex. But I say that they are in the right balance between increasing functionality and ease of use of the software. frequent updates make the system more complete whether it's desktop or Android application.

Cons

Help library is not sufficient to solve or explain common questions. Projects feature could be more useful in order to helping to handle won or loose opportunities. And Projects not all integrated with the rest of functions. I don't know why. AI not arrived at Cooper too.

Brad

Ideal for sales teams that operate in G Suite

Pros

Hands down ProsperWorks is the most well integrated CRM with Google Suite. The built in integrations means a ton less manual data entry, and GMail side bar make accessing contact and opportunity info quick and easy. I also really like the elegance and simplicity of the user interface and user experience across the side bar, web app, and mobile app. A particularly stellar features is the board layout of opportunities in the web app that makes project and pipeline tracking incredibly transparent. Lastly, their customer service is stellar. Within 10 mins of signing up for a free trial, I received a call from their support team and scheduled a demo with an account rep that has been extremely helpful and accessible throughout.

Cons

ProsperWorks is a CRM and only a CRM. While this may work great for sales teams, it may fall short for teams that manage and execute on projects throughout the entire life cycle who may require more robust project management, data capture, and reporting features. Integrations with other project management softwares are available through apps like Zapier, but it would be nice to have a bit more project management & reporting features under the hood.

Timothy from Endurance Learning

Hooked in by Gmail integration, Pushed Away by Lack of Features

The icing on the cake for us with Copper (which had an easier to remember name when it was called Prosperworks), was that we decided to cancel and reached out about ending our contract. Since we did it after the end of the 2nd year of our contract, we were now committed for a 3rd year. We had to remember to do so a month in advance of the end of our 1 year. Now, anyone who is in SaaS knows that this is insane. This is a self-setup system (I may have spoken to a person once). The only reason to do this is to take advantage of your customers. This is a terrible practice and I wish we had never made the mistake of engaging with them.

Pros

We embraced Copper even though it was a little pricey for a small business and required us to commit to a year. Our main reason for using it is that everyone in the company has to at some points be a salesperson and we thought that a tool built for Gmail would be the best option.

Cons

When we started to seriously use the software for more than big contracts and started to reach out to a lot of prospects, the holes in the system were glaring. There are a ton of small things that just drove us crazy. We ended with tons of duplicates. To eliminate them you have to export to Excel, etc. Not fun and not realistic. Any mistakes during data imports caused all sorts of data problems. There is no automating of drip email campaigns. The navigation is so confusing. We spent a lot of time figuring out where we clicked to get to a particular screen and how to replicate it. I found myself being super careful to do the exact same thing every time because it shows leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities in an alternating left-right fashion that is just confusing. The absolute biggest is that there are no reports that give you any insights into how your email is performing, which is odd because they've written blog posts on the importance of doing so. All you can see is a running list of who opened your email or didn't. It is like looking at a terminal window for error messages.

Response from Copper

Replied February 2020

Hi Timothy, thanks for the thorough review. We're very sorry about the experience you've had with our team in the past, and we're doing everything we can to make things right. We understand Emilia from our team reached out and was able to connect with you to better understand where we could better improve and address the hurdles you've run into. We're happy to hear the lines of communication were open and extend that offer to you beyond Emilia's initial outreach. Thanks again.

Bronwyn from Windwood Enterprises

Copper Has Failed

A CRM is a great thing, but Copper has not delivered! The software is unreliable, the customer service has fallen short. What we were promised is not what we have received. It is too bad, because I love a lot of the features.

Pros

Cons

The Software isn't solid! In a matter of 6 weeks the CRM has had 2 major malfunctions, called "bugs" according to Copper support staff. 1)People Records Malfunction - I am the admin of this software and the person responsible for uploading 28 years of Legacy Data (all of our customer records). In attempting to update some of the outdated contact info changing phone numbers and addresses, emails etc. which I populated into Copper from various spreadsheets, work order lists, Quick Book records, and email contact lists. The "People" records began to malfunction; phone numbers literally began jumping around. Example, I would open someone's customer's record and another customers number would populate, I would end up calling the wrong customer. Copper engineers have been "working" on this for a month, still no fix. 2.) Opportunity Pipeline Malfunction - Imports are mapping to the wrong Pipeline. I have hundreds of business opportunity records, Google sheet based spreadsheets, that I am attempting to import (bulk) thousands of cells of data to the CRM, despite properly mapping the import (correct methods on my part) this crucial business information imports to the wrong pipeline & tons of data is lost in the process. This is huge, if you can't import and map your customers spreadsheet records (bulk) you have to hand enter each record. What should take 5 mins will take days/weeks/months! This has been going on for over a week now, and no one at Copper seems to care.

Response from Copper (formerly ProsperWorks)

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the honest review, Bronwyn. This is beyond helpful and we'll be taking your feedback to the team and look into improving where we were unable to provide a stellar user experience for you.

Andrew from Brokerpedia

Beware, especially when it comes to pricing

Beware of Prosperworks pricing strategy...of course nobody picks up a CRM system for a few months, not if you are making a serious decision for your company. Then, of course, the pricing decision favours the bigger payment annual plan (as opposed to the smaller monthly payment which is much higher on an ongoing basis) so I expect most businesses to opt for the annual plan. But BEWARE of two things: 1) If you terminate at any time then "All charges are final, non-cancelable, and nonrefundable," This means you can sign on annually, use it for a month, give them their required 60 days termination notice, cancel.....but no refund. 2) AUTO RENEWAL. There is no prior notice on the 12 month mark. We had decided not to renew and thought we would get off the system at end of the 12 month period. Unfortunately, we thought we had commenced in March, but it turns out to be February, by which time the annual fee has been already taken from our account...then we are into the NOT REFUND terms. Advice: I don't believe any small company can assess a crm for suitability during the 2 week free period after which we were forced to make a purchase decision. To save money (and we intended to be long term users) we signed on for annual plan. We stopped using the system after 6 months. I'm sure that Prosperworks knows this. This doesn't stop them from auto billing 12 months in advance without prior notice. Now we are paying for 2 years usage, having only used the system for 6 months. More advice...the reason why we didn't immediately terminate from Prosperworks after 6 months (when we stopped using it) is obvious: we need to get our customer data out and that takes time. You should be aware of this as well: "All of Your Content on the Service may be permanently deleted by ProsperWorks upon any termination of your account in its sole discretion." The customer service girl, after listening to my story said today "you can cancel on 60 days notice" but she did not tell me 1) that there would be no refunds (as per ProsperWorks terms) and 2) that they would delete all my data. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. This is a marketing trap.

Pros

I thought the gmail integration would be a good idea, it turns out that you have to (almost) click every email attached to the customer to see what is going on and alot of emails are just copies of previous emails. Prosperworks marketing is really good, and the interface and sell looks good. Also, any person who reviews Prosperworks say within 2 months of using the system will likely give 5 starts....I think reviewers should wait a bit and test the system more. In our case, we have now been with the company and the software for over a year.

Cons

I concur with a previous user "3. Messy messy messy. The screen is just jammed packed with data, much of it useless, and it's difficult to find the data you want. Accordions inside of tabs inside of pop-ups? Really? Is that the best way to access the tasks associated with a client? It shouldn't take 3-4 clicks to get to a teeny tiny truncated accordion window of information. We should be able to see and sort through data related to a client within the main window. Bad design."

Greg from Raptor Digital Marketing

Too Glitchy and Poor Support.

Let me be clear, this product has great potential, and is almost good enough. But after multiple bad experiences with support, and an apparently stagnated development calendar, and very serious glitches, I suggest people stay away for a few years till this software can grow up a little.

Pros

What I like is the idea. This should be a great software. But the key features it lacks and the DISMAL support team make it not worth the money.

Cons

1. Support is terrible. They use zendesk for their support and the people reading the support tickets seem to struggle with helping. Here are a few examples: a: We changed our domain name. All we needed to do was update our usernames to have the new domain on them. THEY COULD NOT DO THIS. I had to request this change - literally just updating our email addresses - 3 TIMES before somebody finally said it could be done. The first two people just said that it was impossible. The third person said it was do-able but it required adding additional users, and deleting old users, which unassigned all the work. Is it that hard to update a database? b. When one user made changes to the opportunity stages, we lost several opportunities even though the software claimed that opportunities would just be moved to adjacent stages. What's the point of sales software that loses track of opportunities?? When I reached out to support they said: "Unfortunately, there is no way for us to recover any deleted records in your account if this is already been accidentally or intentionally deleted by someone. [in other words, this is all your fault, not ours] We recommend exporting your opportunities/records weekly so you have a fresh back up when you need." Again, what's the point of using your software if we are supposed to keep the data on our side and normal use of your software causes it to break? Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. 2. Reporting is totally sales focused and doesn't help at all with regular task and project management. There is no way to see which team members are doing their work, or to generate reports on average time spent on tasks. Some valuable KPI data is not available in the sales related reports, either. Like how about we get a report to show the average time to close a lead? There is so much valuable data that we simply can't access. 3. Messy messy messy. The screen is just jammed packed with data, much of it useless, and it's difficult to find the data you want. Accordions inside of tabs inside of pop-ups? Really? Is that the best way to access the tasks associated with a client? It shouldn't take 3-4 clicks to get to a teeny tiny truncated accordion window of information. We should be able to see and sort through data related to a client within the main window. Bad design.

bob from bob jones insurance

Extremely Limited

Tried PW for my insurance biz. It was a total waste of time. It took 20+ hours to set up for my business and did very little to help organize contacts/meetings/notes as I required. Also needed to be able to filter/search for data. Overall, it lacked customization. Wanted to add custom fields like birthdates. This proved impossible, as the date field required input via pop up calendar, so you'd have to click through every month to get back to January 1 1965. I talked to their support people for a total of 3 hours and the conclusion of it all was "the software can't do that and we're not going to implement that unless a ton of people ask for it." That should have been a red flag because it just got worse. Importing data is super annoying. If you have a google sheet you want to import, you have to download it as a CSV then re-upload it, and hope the fields match up. It also adds a bunch of tags to crap that makes a huge data mess you end up wasting hours to fix. The dashboard is a total waste of space. There is no useful information. The People section is basically a glorified Excel spread sheet. When you export your data it grabs the fields, but leaves all of the activity notes behind, so you cannot back those Custom filters are another massive failure. If you want to filter by X but exclude everyone who already has Y, it's impossible. I think an undergrad designed this system because it lacks advanced features severely. If you want to set up a daily to-do queue, forget it. You might as well use paper checklist or a spreadsheet. Another major problem is that it will pull info out of your google contacts and if you check the box for Sync with Contacts, it will completely destroy your hardwork in contacts. It deletes data out of fields, such as addresses and phone numbers. You have to pay for another software called Pieworks to fix that, but it's also terrible. A simple basic feature that should be included is not, and you have to pay yet another monthly sub for something really stupid that should be there. It has an app for android, and it was convenient when out of the office. You can pull up the contact and if you just had a meeting with them, dictate the notes into logging a meeting. If you need to call them, just tap their phone number, and at the end of the call PW is already logging your call, just enter the notes about topics of discussion. However, the app needs improvement in terms of the dashboard, such as calendar and to do list like a call queue or other service tasks. You have to submit tickets for every little thing. It's extremely annoying and waste of your time. I decided to cancel this, pulled all of my data out of PW and set it up in a spreadsheet. PW is barely more than a spreadsheet with a pretty interface. It's not worth the money. You might as well use something free -- or spend the money and get a real CRM with all the features you really need. They will not let you cancel. There is no place to remove your billing information or cancel your plan. You have to submit a ticket and hope they answer it, but more likely, they'll ignore it because they are a greedy company that ignores the requests users make on their website for changes. They claim they are the CRM google uses, but that's not true. This is a very immature piece of software that cannot handle a serious business with specialized needs. They may have partnered with

Pros

Interface is OK but needs improvement. The app was convenient, but needs a better dashboard.

Cons

High cost, lack of customization and features. Have to submit tickets for any help. Lack of training videos.

Emily from Sierra Thermography Center

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Perfect option for my small business

I use PW as a solo business owner (it's just me, no employees). I run a medical-based business with clients who (hopefully) repeat business in 3, 6, or 12 months. With tags in Prosperworks, I can tag a client with the date they're due back and then find all clients due back (August 2018) for example. It really helps my workflow/tracking. I like the ability to track a client from appointment setting through follow-up in the "Opportunity" function. The integration with Gmail is critical for me as I also use G Suite as base for my business.

Pros

I absolutely love the seamless integration with gmail! I love the filter option when looking for customer information. The ability to create "Opportunities" for contacts is really helpful in tracking my workflow through the days/weeks.

Peter from Mercanto

The best CRM out there!

We are a B2B SAAS startup and needed a user-friendly and powerful CRM platform. We use Google For Business for email. We reviewed all the leading CRM platforms, and Copper was the clear leader. It is easy to use and makes sales outreach a breeze. Highly recommended.

Pros

My company has been using Copper for over a year and we love it. Being able to customize it to meet each business needs is amazing and has made this product fit our business like a glove. We also like that the reports are fast and you can easily manage users permissions. The main benefits are: User-friendly; zero clutter Makes sales outreach and activity tracking much easier. Tight integration with Gmail Terrific customer service Excellent reporting

Cons

There is not really anything we dislike. The Copper support team are excellent and integrating the system to your business functions is relatively simple. The support team is excellent and the setup process is intuitive and straightforward.

Tyrone from CircleUp Education LLC

Perfect CRM Solution for Our Small Business

We started exploring CRM's in October and were drawn to Salesforce because this CRM what our peers and mentors were encouraging us to use. We downloaded the sample software and were immediately overwhelmed by the complexity of the program. We saw how Salesforce may be great for a super big business but for our small consulting firm with 4 employees it was too complex. The initial appeal was that Prosperworks linked pretty seamlessly with our Google Enterprise suite and was so so so so SO easy to set up! It has been about two months now and we are already feeling the ease lifted from our shoulders. We were managing all of our clients using spreadsheets and in doing so where missing invoices, forgetting important details and not following up! Now we have automated task to remind us of things and thanks to integration with Zapier, its like we have an entire team of online robots supporting us!

Pros

The look and feel = it's not intimidating and actually is easy to use The integrations have been really helpful (we are waiting for the quickbooks integration with excitement) We say immediate results in our reduction of stress and increased capacity within 2 weeks.

Cons

A better google calendar integration would be really helpful Customer Summer has been helpful but it some of the employees need to really brush up on their skills, meaning that they did not know answers to some of the basic features. Ability to customize home screen more would be great!

Robyn from Ramsey-Shilling Brokerage

Prosperworks CRM

There was confusion from the beginning as to who my main point of contact was to get started. I had an initial person, then interacted with two others. None were able to assist with questions about merging my domain name email with my gmail account. The CRM software specifically caters to gmail users. That was fine as I had set up my domain name email to send/receive via my gmail account. None of the support persons were able to advise or confirm if Prosperworks would still work with my domain email via gmail. I was instructed by one of them that I would need to also subscribe to the paid Google for Business service. From the onset I was asked and confirmed I was only interested in the level. As I'm a new agent in Real Estate, and I would be the sole user, I did not need, nor could afford the bells and whistles. One of the key selling points was the ability to track and see when my emails were opened. At no point in my various conversations with 3 different consultants was I told that this feature was only available at the price point. It was only after I had installed the software and inquired about the missing feature that I was told I wasn't eligible. Also, the ongoing question about the integration of my domain name email address was never satisfied. After playing around with the app, importing contacts and setting up both my gmail and domain name email in the app during the free trial period, I discovered that I would need to pay for an additional account for the "second email" even though it was me the same person. My take-away was that I would need to pay for each additional subscriber. When compared to others like Hub Spot, this is simply a bad deal. At no point during the onboarding process was this explained until I was ready to confirm payment/my own personal email issues. I was told a supervisor who would be more knowledgable would be in touch. It was around a week later I heard from a supervisor. By then I had moved on. I informed her that I had discovered HubSpot and would be using that as my CRM moving forward. HubSpot is free and also comes with the feature to track opened emails. The supervisor told me that HubSpot was NOT a CRM. It is. So, in the end I would not recommend Prosperworks. It seems this app is too new and the support team is lacking in knowledge. At the basic level of it's not worth it when compared to others that offer the majority of the same features for free.

Pros

useful if you use gmail exclusively.

Cons

lack of knowledgable support team. too expensive when compared to other CRMs

Easy to set up, nimble CRM solution

Copper provides us with a simple and easy way to track sales and prospects through their strong integration with the Google Apps suite of applications.

Pros

I like that it works quickly out of the box, and the strong integrations with Google Apps.

Cons

The only issues with copper are the same issues you would encounter with other CRMs - that if you have a lot of niche, legacy software you wish to integrate with it, it can be troublesome. However the API they provide gives you a fighting chance, and this isn't really a complaint of the Copper, rather that the rest of our software stack needs to catch up.

Brian from findCRA

I've used multiple CRMs and ProsperWorks is the best product on the market!

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to set up, great customer service, easy to customize, great value and easily the best CRM I've ever used. The Gmail integration is amazing and the whole team loves the product.

Cons

The system isn't stable in a Safari browser and regularly crashes or returns me to my previous browser session, losing any data that wasn't saved. I wish that there were the ability to edit multiple records in a data sheet view. I also wish I could easily convert Companies/People back to Leads if they were converted by accident or entered incorrectly. I would also like to be able to have only certain fields appear on select company types instead of every company card.

Erik from Taabs Ink

I started a new sales team with this CRM and it is better than anything else on the market!

Pros

I was looking for something that could keep everything organized for my salesmen and I wanted something that was like salesforce but cheaper. This was actually better than anything Ive tried and it was much cheaper. I could assign prospects to a team member and follow every step of the way. I could even check the email that are sent out in templates. I can see the activity on each account and I know when there is no activity. The pipeline is simple and very effective. I can easily track all the sales for the entire team in seconds. I can also assign task for each salesperson to do and have an alarm email me upon completion. No opportunity is lost without me getting an email to check on it. The team can upload docs and record all notes without closing the app. We are using a variety of different computers on it. Mac's, PC's, and Chrome books. It also connects right in with my Google G-Suit and all emails to clients are automaticly picked up and recorded in the CRM. Customer support does have a phone number and not just email.

Cons

There have been some minor quirks but they seem to get fixed really fast. If I call customer service I get help right then

Frdric from S&E Cloud Experts

The CRM that is built for GSUITE with the same mentality

Great relationship, love their product

Pros

It is amazing, Copper go get all the information right from the emails, linked in account of your new added person, generate lead, create opportunity easily. all with the easyness should I say googleness? really their addon for gsuite succeed to keep me on my gmail page for 80% of my crm work. simply wow!

Cons

there is not yet multi language but i know they are working on it. more integration with accounting online like uqickbook would be great!

Ashley from Roofsimple, Inc.

Copper

We ended up cancelling our account and have started using another CRM.

Pros

What I liked most is that you could create contacts and/or deals. So if we have a customer that has had initial contact, we can input/import them as a contact but we don't have to start a deal for them. This is helpful for when the customer is interested yet and we want to keep their contact information so we can reach back out at a later date.

Cons

The way you set tasks and notes within Copper can be sort of a scramble. If you want to find a specific note, you have to just scroll through the deal until you find it. There is no easy way to search for something specific.

Mike from Horizon Brokers

Copper (formerly Prosperworks) is a solid CRM

Copper lets us track leads, manage contacts, and follow up with people. It's a nice cloud system that can be accessed from anywhere.

Pros

It's easy to enter and track contacts or prospects in the system. It syncs with Google so there is some integration there. Overall it's a pretty intelligent system that's straightforward.

Cons

Licenses are pricey and they don't offer packages. We have to pay per user and have some users who are more active than others. Bands of say 1-5, 5-10, 10-20 would be a nice option.

Kevin from Acceptiv

G-Suite Integrated CRM

Pricing is great for small companies. We want a solution that can expand by users, but we don't want something that becomes significantly more expensive as additional users are less critical. We feel this is a great solution to include support staff on.

Pros

Seamless G-Suite Integration Automatically generates profiles, bringing in information from the web such as LinkedIn and Twitter accounts. Pipeline is very useful - extends Google functionality.

Cons

Only integrates well with one G-Suite account per user, you can have more than one account, but only one integrates seamlessly. This has been a problem for me as I am merging two companies and want to keep both brands. No tablet app on Android.

Dave from Grain Edit

Best CRM out there if you are looking for Gmail Intergration

Huge time saver.

Pros

I have tested many CRMs and Copper's Gmail integration is the best. The design of the interface is unobtrusive, very intuitive and presents the information in a way that allows you to quickly take action. Also the contact information it imports and presents from email recipients is the best I have seen. Most of the other CRMs I tested required some level of manual entry, where Copper imported all the important fields automatically and on average was much more accurate.

Cons

The calendar/ scheduling feature is seriously lacking and I wish they had better options for email sequencing.

Getting back my time

Copper has given my team the extra time we needed to go through reports, analyse them and provide feedback while creating stronger relationships with our clients. We have grown over 40% since getting Copper CRM just over a year ago.

Pros

As a G Suite user, Copper CRM has really helped me plough back my time. The tight integration with G Suite from Google allows me to create new client pipelines straight from my inbox. I no longer manually enter customer details. This has given me back almost 1 hour a day!

Cons

The data export function is limited to downloading. It would be really good if I could move/sync contact lists across platforms.

Alex from Joey the Cat Skeeball

Prosperworks is the best and simplest CRM on the market currently!

Pros

We have gone back and forth between Prosperworks and SalesforceIQ in our company. It is a tough decision between them because both are amazing platforms that fulfill a lot of the same requirements. We finally decided to go with Prosperworks and couldn't be happier. It gives us an amazing visual platform to see all of our deals in progress and more importantly, the ability to see status of deals we already closed. We can make sure that both deals in progress and closed deals are being handled and our clients are 100% satisfied. Awesome software!

Maria from Clark Construction

Not that Great

This is sold as limiting data entry, and it does a little. Maybe more once we get very familiar and are not trying to back track so that we can just use one system and not two while we get the other set up. I have to say that the OnBoarding that they provide is very good, and I like that they are able to provide that. I think some of the pitfalls are simply because it is web hosted and that comes with its own assortment of issues.

Pros

I like that I (theoretically) can see emails that were sent to a client even if I was not included, it makes it more helpful when I am trying to find information, or figure out what the status of a client is. The automated tasks are useful if you do them right.

Cons

It is constantly syncing and if you are a fast typer it will delete what you have written while it was syncing sometimes. That is incredibly frustrating. It's also not a totally intuitive system, it is obviously still in its early stages and therefore a little clunky. Also, if you are not an admin you have basically no power to add things that you might need in a sort of random situation. I have to go to my admin all the time to add things that I need, and maybe it is only for one client, but I need that field or option or automated task and I am not allowed to add it myself. You are unable to view more than one client in the small side bar of an "opportunity", and you are unable to see their names when just looking at the opportunity. Also the terms that they use are very salesy, and not very customizable or people oriented. The customization of how you view things also seems very limited. I like being able to view all my contacts by last name, that isn't really easily possible with this. It's just an adjustment but it would be a lot better for me if it was not something that I had to adjust to. It is web hosted so if you are not somewhere with wifi or data you can't access anything.

Matt from Donesafe

Love prosperworks! Have tried many CRMs but this is by far the best.

Helps the sales team easily stay on top of where everything is up to and as a business owner I can jump in and get up to date on a deal in real time thanks to the great google integration.

Pros

Seemless Google Integration, Great pipeline management, good integrations with all the other tools I use.

Cons

Sometimes the load time on date within some of the look up fields is a little laggy but that is not a biggy overall.

Jay from Carolina Partner

Industry: Fund-Raising

Easy to use and product continues to add features

Tracking my activity with prospects.

Pros

I really like the way that Prosperworks integrates with Google Calendar and Google Mail. I'm able to schedule meetings on my calendar from within Prosperworks and it tracks my email correspondence with each contact and other activities as well. Easy to import contacts. Really like the ability to custom fields for the sales process and to provide tags to prospects and clients.

Cons

I would like to see more discrete data by activity type. Primarily can only get the number of times an interaction has occurred within the universe of a contact type. Would like to be able to drill down with more specifics, like the type of contact and text of notes written.

Lisa from iDeals

Good. Again, I prefer to utilize my own type of notification/tracking system but the system is easy to use and the organization of the contacts is great.

Pros

Easy to use. Contacts are organized very well, easy to update.

Cons

I prefer to have more flexibility to utilize my own type of tracking system instead of having to rely on the current notification system that is set up. For example, under Opportunities, Contract Sent, I receieve a notification through SumGate every 10 days if there is no contact. As I am updated with my customers, I would prefer to set the notification times (3 days from now, 4 days from now, etc). Also, I really liked the previous name "ProsperWorks" instead of Copper.

Robert from ReactiveCore

Not the most cost effective CRM out there but the native G Suite integration is irreplaceable.

Incredibly easy deployment and a so far flawless CRM solution.

Pros

The native integration into G Suite put ProsperWorks miles ahead of the rest of the CRM crowd. Deployment was incredibly easy and has all of the industry standard CRM options.

Cons

The lack of a proper admin/management dashboard. As we've grown we've transitioned users to/from roles and changing licenses or managing billing is not as fluid as it should be for a cloud based service. It's could use a refresh with role based access in mind.

David from ScoutLogic Screening

We have had a great experience moving from Salesforce to Prosperworks.

Improved sales productivity, a lower total cost of ownership for the software, and improved reporting.

Pros

Our favorite feature is the integration to GSuite as it makes it much easier for our teams to ensure all their data is accurate and timely. We also had a great support experience with both the set-up and for any ongoing questions. Finally, the total cost of ownership for Prosperworks versus Salesforce is substantially lower.

Cons

The basic reports are fine. However, for anything more advance you have to do a data export and then manipulate the data in Google Data Studio. PWorks was very helpful with this, but I wish it was all contained in the software.

Jeremy from Wicket Labs Inc.

I like simplicity

So far, after using PW for nearly 6 months now, overall, we are very happy with it as a team. It has been much easier to use than SFIQ and waaaay more affordable.

Pros

Very streamlined. No extra "features" that muddy the waters. Fast, responsive. Great customer service.

Cons

As a marketer, ProsperWorks has limited functionality when it comes to tying in the customer records with marketing campaigns, etc. I've used some integrations through Zapier to bolt some things on but to me, this introduces bloat and would love it if there were more tools natively integrated into the app. Reporting is basically useless to me and I have to manually build reports in Google Sheets and Data Studio.

The CRM that defines the true meaning of automation work.

Pros

ProsperWorks CRM truly defines automation, simplicity and insight. It is the worlds easiest to learn and use Customer Intelligence Platform that we could find on the internet. The best thing that me and my time loved about it was that it seamlessly integrates with our google apps ecosystem. Just after signing up we received tons of emails of our insights and it automatically built up our customer profiles from the data of our google ecosystem. It automatically showed suggestions for related prospects. With all of our data in place it helped us to visually manage our timeline. It got read of all our grunt work and increased team visibility. On calculating we found that it saves almost 3-4 hours per week of our time.

Cons

ProsperWorks is a high quality CRM solution that doesnt seems to have any drawbacks but our review team has pointed out a few areas that can be improved, like their could be more reporting options and export for activity logs. Currently, there is no internal automatic email but you have the option of using gmail and the zapier integration. This app seriously needs some telephone integration

Alex from CELARENT

Choose ProsperWorks crm was a big goal. Sistem works well, has good features.

Pros

Really easy to use, sync well with G Suite and a lot of things to be improved - I think this is a good aspect. For instance: international currency has just been launch! Thank you. Translation will be a great step

Cons

Features do not have been limited by system edition, otherwise records amount or other way. My business goals could be reached faster with all resources? Maybe yes. So, charge the amount system consumption and let me use all ProsperWorks goodies.