• Pros

• "Easy to use and it is usable for various purpouses. The customer service acts quick and good It is not expansive "

• "The many links and relationships are instrumental and easy to use and remember to use, and I absolutely love the mail integrator. "

• "Daylite is easy to understand and use. I love the design and functionality. It is quite a robust package! I especially like how you can work with the to do lists and the integration with MAC e-mail!"

• Cons

• "The app has a lot if limitation. The mail assistant is great, but complicated for answers on the go via the Iphone."

• "While it’s a solid, unhesitatingly buy for Mac shops, it’s unable to integrate well with A heterogenous shop— PCs and Androids don’t play well with it. "

• "Firstly it is a little bit difficult to set up and get used to use but once you get used everything will be perfect"

Browse Daylite Reviews

Adrian from Balnagieth Advisers

A fully featured and user productive CRM

I have been using Daylite since v2 (now v6 and cloud based). It provides a wide CRM feature set and integrates aspects of project and time management. For small business operators that is really useful. What is particularly useful to me, is that it integrates so well with Mail - so many leads & communications come or go via email. Being able to link Contacts, Companies, Opportunities, Projects, Appointments - and capturing that connectivity in my CRM is really useful. Having work with a Salesforce implementation where capturing email traffic and info was never as comprehensive - Daylite is a pleasure to use. There are a range of readily available and easily installable developer add-ons (e.g. www.iosxper.biz and www.puremac.com.au). They add additional features (e.g. multi-currency invoicing, productivity enhancements, Kanban boards), integrations (e.g. online diary publication & management, email campaigns, phone integrations, messaging, web conferencing) and improved reporting. My only real frustration is the inability to create customised views and reports across objects - without developers assistance. While the layered stack architecture will allow enormous customisation - you really need a coders help. Having said that, for 85% of what I do, I can survive for now and as my new business grows and scales, I know there is a solution to my needs. Overall I am a Daylite addict and evangelist!

Pros

Awesome user interface, integration into MacOS environment (e.g. Mail), layered architecture allows for integration and customisation, loyal developer ecosystem and low cost per user. Do not underestimate the value of the Daylite Mail Integration - so much of my communications and lead acquisition is via referral and via email - getting data quickly and consistently into any CRM is essential to its adaption. There are iOS/iPad OS apps - not a desktop replacement but great for road warriors to keep the communication channels open or to make productive use of time when out of the office and between meetings.

Cons

Some highly technical limitations: - No web browser access to a Cloud-hosted service - but the OSX and iOS apps are awesome! - Limited "regular" user ability to create customised views and reports across multiple objects without developer engagement. - Dependent upon Apple apps for integration with MS Exchange/Office365 - more limited in iOS version

Improvement over time!

I really like the Opportunities funnel - that I can keep top of mind who are all the potential clients and when I need to follow-up with them - and the way I can do a report of where they came from and how much business I won.

Pros

I love that I can access everything on my phone and my computer and it automatically syncs - that I can have all of my calendar appointments, tasks, clients, projects, opportunities and corresponding emails all in one place whenever I need it. I really couldn't live without this product. I rely on it for everything. Ever since it's been in the cloud, it's gotten much better, and they've really added a lot of features, and web seminars and more customer support.

Cons

It doesn't play well with others and integrate easily with other software - particularly with other calendar systems. When I want to invite my husband or son to personal family calendar appointments, it's many steps for them to accept a meeting. I wish they would fix that feature and also integrate with other apps and not have to use Zapier or multiple steps.

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

Someone showed it to me years ago and got me on it and quite honestly, when I thought about switching, it felt like much more trouble than it was worth - and then they improved so I didn't feel I needed to.

David from Remax Patriot Realty

Over 15 years using this, and I LOVE IT!

I started with Daylite back in the early days of Daylite. I was on ACT but I wanted some thing that was a little more use friendly and less costly. I was one of the first with my graphics business and was with Daylite until I started my Real Estate business. Everyone said "Get a REAL Real Estate CRM" so I spent 3 years trying everything, and spent MANY THOUSANDS on software. None of them printed, most of them were expensive, most of them focused on Lead Generation, but we use Boomtown for this, so I do not want this, because you cannot beat Boomtown for lead generation. I wanted a KICK ASS CRM so when a lead turns to a real prospect, I then move them over to Daylite and off we go. Today I print note cards, letters, mail pieces, track all my past clients, keep in regular contact with them all, and my business has grown over 300%! So at the end of the day I am making $000,000 more than every before, and most of this is due to a great CRM, good team here are Remax, and selling for the worlds #1 brand..... LOVE WHAT I DO!!!

Pros

GREAT CRM, it does everything that other CRM's do, but what most do not do today is PRINT! Yes print a note card, letter, envelope, you name it, it prints it. Yea a Postage Stamp, how inventive! Plus I love how easy it is to teach people to use it.

Cons

I am a MAC NUT, so the fact is does not work on a Windows machine, is fine for me, but I would think this hurts their sales.

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

Does not support Google Calendar on Mac.

PJ from The Focal Point LLC

Daylite is Badly Designed

Terrible

Pros

It doesn't seem to lose any data or break in a way that destroys the work that goes into it.

Cons

It is buggy, inconsistent, hard to use (and thus hard to teach to use), and, most of all, badly designed. It attempts to match a Mac app sort of feel by having things almost look and act like they do in a stock Mac app like Numbers, Preview, etc. But they fail in actually making it intuitive and useful. The most obvious example is the way it "pulls in" information from the left side of the window in a thing that I don't even know what to call, maybe it's a page? Anyway, these "pages" (for lack of a better word), stack and cover up everything below, and they are also temporary. This causes a few problems. First, you can't go back to the ones below without closing the ones on top, they go away and if you're trying to reference previous "pages" you keep having to go back and forth, sometimes between multiple layers of pages. It's extremely annoying and very unintuitive. There are plenty more examples of its design ineptitude, but I'll give 1 more: The way you edit the "pages" is to aim for a tiny little edit button on the very bottom of the sidebar. And your edits are not applied until you click "done" which appears in the same place. If you accidentally exit the "page", it loses all your edits. And it's waaaay too easy to accidentally exit a page. You should be able to open these "pages" in a new tab, or window, or anything else besides its current functionality.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied December 2018

Hi PJ, Thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're sorry you haven't had a positive experience with Daylite - we want all of our customers to see the value in Daylite, so we take feedback like this seriously. We're glad that you know your data and any work you put into Daylite was safe; that's really important to us! We're always trying to improve Daylite, so your comments about our design and user interface are very helpful. We have several resources like webinars, one-on-one Customer Success calls, and our Help Centre to make sure you're getting everything you can out of Daylite. We'd love to have you join a call with our Customer Success team and one of our developers to go through anymore feedback you'd like to share - you can reach us here if you're interested: success@marketcircle.com. Thank you for helping us continue to constantly improve Daylite!

Diense from Baird & Warner

Daylite Review

Absolutely love the product. Marketcircle continues to update and revise the software. Would love if the developers came out with more detailed specifics for the Real Estate.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to enter data, fairly intuitive. Very easy to capture emails with mail integration.

Cons

It is difficult to create user reports, there are only a limited number of user defined text fields and date fields.

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

Daylite seemed a better fit for my business.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied June 2020

Hi Diense, Thanks so much for taking the time to review Daylite! It's awesome to hear mail integration is helping you! We hear you on reports and custom fields - we've passed this along to our developers!

Michael from Red Curve Ltd

Best CRM for Mac Users

I run everything on Daylite. I couldn’t imagine life without it

Pros

Love the clean look of Daylite, and I love how it connects things together. All the info I need is right there.

Cons

I haven’t found it brilliant for Sales Analysis, such as things like conversion ratios, value of projects / customers etc. But maybe I’m just not good enough with the software. Also not great for tracking time management. The software is designed for Macs - great. But some of my colleagues need to run financial software and so have to use Windows machines. It would be great if they could use Daylite too - but they can’t. So we have to run multiple systems.

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

Better for Mac. Liked the look and feel of it better.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied June 2020

Hi Michael, It's fantastic to hear you can't imagine life without Daylite, what a compliment! We're passing along your feedback about Windows and more sales and time tracking functionality for our team to review as well! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Sharon from Habit Mastery Consulting

Industry: Information Services

Love it

Pros

I love that it works seamlessly with all my Apple technology. I don't have to log into anything special or remember to mark anything and yet all my important communications are logged automatically whether I'm communicating via mail or my iphone. I can add notes, add a picture of handwritten notes to contact records, easily schedule followup, and nurture series to contacts. People always remark how organized I am and that I never seem lose track of things, and that's due in part to how easy Daylite makes it easy to store info, schedule followup, and manage open projects.

Cons

It still needs some work to be robust in pipeline management, but that's balanced out by the fact that all my information is easily accessed.

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

The integration with my apple tech and not needing to log into a web based service.

Beth from Goodman Brown Financial

Daylite

Pros

Daylite is user friendly with many customizable functions which suit our business well. The task system keeps us on track and nothing gets lost in the shuffle. We also are utilizing the activity sets to create systems and projects for workflow. Daylite will enable a new untrained employee to enter into our business and take care of our clients easily Some much information is captured and stored in a sensible manner, it creates a continuum of customer service.

Cons

At times, there are too many reminder boxes popping up on screen. It would be beneficial if we could like directly to the companies with who we do business, rather than logging on another screen.

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

Ease of use and familiarity. Time invested in learning the functionality.

To work in our company the best option and I recommend to all.

Pros

Simplicity and clarity, We like this app

Cons

Insufficient synchronization between calendar and tasks Mac and calendars and tasks Daylite. When you drag a job and change the status of your Daylite calendar after synchronizing with your Mac calendar, the change made in Daylite reverts back.

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

Regular updates, reliability, possibility to work off-line,

Mac

Sales focus

Pros

It works great- ease of transition and works across all of Mac

Cons

Nothing- it was easy to use- offered great customer support

Brian from Solutions International

Helps me to Get Things Done

I am happy with the SW and how it helps me to get things done in a logical and efficient manner. It also allows me to get things "down on paper" so I do not have to remember them or worry about forgetting something. If you use David Allen's GTD philosophies, then you will like DayLite. I have also used Sugar, but found that focused too much on office-based users. I travel internationally 70-80% and need to be able to run my business from the back of a taxi, in the airplane and in my hotel room after a long day. DayLite does a good job of helping to do that efficiently and keeping my sanity.

Pros

It is relatively intuitive and easy to use. Also good for people with a mobile office set-up as it interacts well between iPhone, iPad and MacBook. Customer support is good, albeit only via email and chat.

Cons

It has some limitations and inflexibilities that sometimes frustrate me, or force me to use "old-fashioned" work-arounds, but I must also say that a number of these have been corrected over the years.

Christine from Christine Hauser & Co.

Dayite: Thirteen Years And Counting

Pros

After a highly successful career in corporate IT, I completely switched gears and started a real estate business in 2007. Familiar with CRM for large corporate accounts, I wanted that same functionality in an affordable Mac-based small business solution. Thirteen years later, I am still a huge fan of Daylite. In addition to meeting those initial requirements, Daylite even included templates for real estate users. But better yet, I could, and still can, completely customize how I use the system. It has never failed me. The iOS additions are incredibly useful. And, as a sceptic of cloud-based solutions for security and client-confidentiality reasons, I was thrilled to see how Marketcircle handled their approach when moving to a subscription service. I have no concerns about data security issues and it makes syncing that much more seamless. Oh, and the integration with Mail is brilliant and keeps getting better. Really, this may seem obvious to some, but when you're legally required to maintain an audit trail of real estate transaction histories, what could be more efficient than a tool that captures mail, stores documents, allows me to create my own workflows, and then creates a report at the end that simply gets added to the transaction record? It's truly the best investment I've made in my business.

Cons

In the past there were some hiccups with adding attachments into the database, but this was quickly resolved.

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

I needed an affordable Mac-based product. More significantly though, it was incredibly important to me that I maintained control over the data and that I could/can develop and evolve my workflows as needed. Being a business of one or two individuals doesn't make rigorous workflows, efficient tools, and ongoing process improvements any less critical than it is to a large organization.

Stephen from Syncopate Advisors, LLC

Terrific CRM for Professional Services Firms

Keeping track of my external network is the most important element.

Pros

I work with professional services firms, such as financial, law, and accounting firms, and also practice law. I use Daylite for everything! The email assistant makes it super easy to file emails. More than just emails, though, is the ability to see a history of all communications. I also keep track of clients using Projects and love the flexibility of the platform. I looked at a lot of CRMs and have been "sold" on Daylite since I started using it. Also, very good support help and excellent video tutorials.

Cons

Because it is very robust, it can at first appear intimidating. But the setup is so logical that it quickly becomes easy to use. And it is very customizable, especially useful when using Smart Lists. I'd like to see better reporting features, but beyond that, it's comprehensive.

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

Apple integration and ease of use

Michelle from Rodes Interiors

Daylite is my Command Central

I am able to provide a variety of design services with different workflows to my clients. I use it to manage my solo business, so Daylite is my only "assistant", so with my pipelines and activity sets established, it tells me what to do and when to do it. I am vigilant about my Daylite meeting time, and it helps me establish the goals for the week in manageable bites. The more detailed I am in the set up of my pipelines, the more effective Daylite is in helping me manage projects. All the linking features make it easy to get a snapshot of my jobs including emails, tasks, goals, key players.

Pros

I love that I can use project management, task management, contact management and scheduling all in one. I also love the linking capabilities and its interface with my emails. I can go through email and assign every email to a project, task and determine a date to accomplish the task. I use the pipelines and activity sets to get better and better at my workflows. The longer I use and develop daylite to fit my work, the better I get at my job and my ability to replicate successful projects.

Cons

The downsides occurred in the beginning when I had to learn the platform and spend time setting it up. It took a while and several tries before it caught on. Once I learned it and a lot of the nuances, I got to a point where I am afraid I could not live with out it. I am sure there are features I don't use or know about, so I appreciate that Daylite support is proactive about training with the informative videos and support outreach. There have been some glitches here and there, but the customer support team has always helped work through those and get things on track.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied July 2019

Hi Michelle, We're so glad to hear Daylite is making your life easier! Being able to link your emails and manage all of your projects with ease makes such a difference. Like most CRMs, we know Daylite does take some time to learn and it's great that our support team has been able to help you through the process! Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback!

Powerful and highly customisable multi-function app, but subscription prohibitive for non-commercial

1. My primary contact list, especially for business associates and friends​ globally from my working life. 2. List of domestic service providers with all relevant data such as contact details, account numbers etc. I have created forms as records of vehicle and equipment maintenance. All these can be linked including receipts imported as pdfs. 3. Domestic and community project management where suppliers, venues, resources, tasks, schedules/pipelines and receipts are linked.

Pros

Almost infinitely customisable fields, keywords etc. for fast data search and smart lists. A CRM database, with the added functions of project management and data forms. Automatic copying of e-mails to companies and people​. Ability to telephone from the app. Ability to create templates and forms. Linking of people, companies, tasks, correspondence​ and files such as receipts to a project, for example. Not enough time to list all its amazing features!

Cons

Daylite is aimed at the corporate market. The switch to subscription service will sooner or later make it unaffordable for me as a retiree using Daylite for non-commercial personal and community projects. Marketcircle really should offer​ a lower cost version for personal use. Because Daylite is so highly customisable, you need to have a very clear idea of what data you need and how you will use it before starting. However, once you have it set-up to your liking it is intuitive and simple with the aid of templates and forms etc.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied December 2018

Hi there, Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! It's great to hear you value how customizable Daylite is. We're proud that it's simple to use yet really adaptive! If you'd like, we'd love for you to reach out to us at info@marketcircle.com so we can go over pricing with you and find the best option.

Jeremy from J.Ridout, Portrait Artist

Industry: Fine Art

My staff loves it. Business intelligence is severely lacking.

I want to love Daylite. If the reporting were more robust, I would be THRILLED to stick with it. But without reporting and analysis, it is more like a glorified Contact Manager, Appointment Calendar and Task List--which is why my staff loves it. Unfortunately, I need business intelligence, and Daylite doesn't provide that.

Pros

It lives on the Mac desktop, like a "real" business application; not on a browser where it is too easy to get distracted. Awesome. It works on Mac. Excellent. It takes some forethought to get it set up, but once set up it is flexible enough to handle unique needs. I initially loved that. Activity Sets automatically create Meetings and Tasks based on date (but there are huge problems, noted below). Daylite does an excellent job of tracking individual events for each Person.

Cons

While Activity Sets do a good job of creating a series of upcoming Meetings and Tasks, Daylite has no idea that these "events" must exist in series. A meeting is a meeting is a meeting and a Task is a Task is a Task. This makes reporting next to impossible... Daylite cannot generate a report of how many People made it to one Meeting, but not to the next Meeting. It cannot tell me how many Phone Calls (each entered as a separate Task), for example, were made to a Lead before they came in for that first meeting. Daylite uses Categories to keep track of People. A Person might begin with a category of 'Lead', then change to a category of 'Client', then have category 'Completed'. (We actually had 5 primary categories, each with subcategories to help us understand each client) The problem is that there is no history. Reporting, again, is nearly impossible: Daylite can give raw counts: How many People were added in the last 7 days? How many Leads do we now have? Etc. But these reports are a snapshot of current data. Once a Person moves to the next Category, I can no longer get an accurate report of: How many new leads were added last week? What is our conversion ratio? How long did they exist as Leads? The Report Module is very limited. Custom Reporting is available but requires a 3rd party programmer. Piplelines proved too clunky.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the review! We appreciate you being a long time Daylite customer and your detailed review. We have discussed your feedback and using it to consider how to improve Daylite.

Alan from Pinnacle Marketing Management Inc

Fabulous CRM for B2B B2C & Recurring

Already described

Pros

Daylite doesn't seem to differentiate between B2B or B2C. You can add appointments, tasks, notes, email, pipelines, etc to people, or businesses. You can add single tasks, activity sets (groups of tasks, appointments etc) or pipelines (stages with groups of tasks, appointments etc. within each stage). Whether you are managing a sales cycle or a project, data entry is minimal. I love that with one click, all our carefully considered steps can be applied to any situation, whether it's a sales cycle or the projects that result from a sale. Combinations are possible and I'm confident that no step is overlooked or omitted and they pop up at exactly the right time. Customization of the task list or pipeline task set is also possible "on the fly". Their service is unbelievable. I haven't had a lot of interaction with Daylite support over the 12 years I've been using Daylite, but the followup I recently received for questions I had offered service at a level to which I would like to become accustomed! I had support sending me emails some days later asking if everything was okay - not an automated survey question, but someone in support that actually cares! When do you ever get that level of service? A big thank you!

Cons

I don't use Opportunities for prospects since it's not possible to convert an Opportunity (and everything recorded & saved) to a Contact. I set up any prospect as a full contact then tag them with a category of Prospect. I then set up a smart list that displays all contacts that have a category of Prospects. Also, it would be great if PC users could access Daylite too. Not everyone on the team uses a Mac.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied March 2018

Thank you Alan for your wonderful review of Daylite. We are excited to hear how you use Daylite so extensively to manage your business. It's great to hear how our customers use Daylite. May you continue to win more business and get more done!

David from DK Ventures Inc

VERY Responsive Support for a Great Product

It's the most fully integrated software that allows me to manage all aspects of my business (less accounting). I love the integrated functions of; Calendar, Task Management, Project Management, Sales Opportunity Tracking, Data collection and analysis, robust Contact Management. These features, combined with the email integration piece, allows me to quickly turn an email into a; Task, Calendar event, note, idea, or just save to an associated project, opportunity, company or individual file. Daylite is an indispensable part of my day and essential to running and growing my business.

Pros

Daylite allows me to integrate all aspects of my day into two portals (email & Daylite). Daylite email integration, combined with (Calendar, Tasks, Team, Projects, Opportunities, Forms, et al) allows me to work inside one interface for all my needs. The email integration is my favorite piece. I can action any email for a thought, idea, task, appointment, note and numerous other uses, without having to copy/paste, forward or otherwise transfer information. Instead of managing multiple softwares (Outlook, Project, Sales Force, etc) I can follow pipelines, workflows, activity sets, and send merged mailings all from one portal, tracked to each person or company. I am a HUGE Fan.

Cons

The only functionality I could ask for is to integrate an email app into Daylite which would make the process complete. Other than that, Daylite Cloud has been indispensable to running my business, managing my team, and growing revenue.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied February 2018

Thank you David for your wonderful review of Daylite! We're very happy to know that Daylite helps you run your business and your team, while growing your revenue! Thank you for sharing David. :)

Barry from Durmaz Household Embassy

My Seasoned Love Affair With Daylite!

Phenomenal control over all my data, commitments, opportunities, and projects. I now excel at staying on top of my commitments. Fewer things on my mind due to Daylite's automation features. I manage both my business and family life with Daylite an integrated solution for information management.

Pros

When I realized my peace, sanity, and time were worth protecting and was fed up with complaining to my wife about a piece of garbage software I was currently using, I did not have a solution to replace it with. I had no knowledge about Marketcircle's Daylite. It wasn't until I threw the gauntlet down that there had to be something for the Mac that was serious for running my small business did I discover my new-found love. I have scars from using other programs. That’s how bloody it got, how costly. But for a precious fraction of the cost with Daylite, I have peace like a river flowing out of my personal and professional commitments. I am in control. Thank you, Marketcircle! This year marks my 11th anniversary with my new love, Daylite. She has been so good to me. She is flexible, customizable, expandable, able to take on new tasks and projects without fuss. It's been a peaceful 11 years since our new relationship began, and God forbid that I would do anything intentionally to harm that relationship. It wasn't long after being introduced to Daylite that her hidden capabilities came into view. The more time I spent with her, the more I became grateful for her creator. "You mean this company fosters feedback from the experience I am having with their prize creation? You mean I can have a hand in the engineering enhancements beyond what she is doing for me today? This is phenomenal!”

Cons

When I select an object and create "New Appointment" from that object, the title field for the Appointment should automatically be populated. Phone support, when needed, would upgrade Marketcircle on par with companies of excellence like Apple, Bluehost, and Cannon. There's always room for improvement in service to the customer.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied February 2018

Thank you Barry for your love for Daylite! :) We are super happy that Daylite provided you peace and sanity in running your small business. Happy 11th anniversary Barry!

Michael from Information Technology and Services

Daylite supports me to work how I think, natively on my Apple devices, convenient+safe in the cloud

* Contact and Calendar on steroids! Rich linking to capture the rich relationships that really exist in the real world. * Project/task management * Opportunity management for an extended job search. This could not have happened via a spreadsheet, contrary to job coach advice. A job search is too rich to be 2-dimensional. * Native Apple look-and-feel, and UX. * Tracking multiple opportunities in my job search pipeline. * Integration to email. It just fits in the tools I use every day.

Pros

Rich linking -- My ADHD mind isn't deficient in attention - it makes rich connections. Daylite allows me to do that, too. If I think an association is important to capture, Daylite lets me do that. Many other CRM's force an association model on me. I like it that Daylite allows me to make the associations that make sense for me because it let's me later view different perspectives of those links -- everything (yes, everything) that's relevant to a person, an appointment, a note, an opportunity. If I think that's an important as it's top-of-mind, I capture that relationship for later use. Integrated with native Mail.app -- It's great to link mail to sales opportunities (and people, and tasks and appointment, and projects) all without leaving mail. Then, when I'm back in DL, all that mail shows up when it's relevant. I don't have to go searching through INBOX. Customer service -- World class. I wouldn't doubt if I were in the top 1% of customers requesting support. I've contacted them A LOT! I always get personal, courteous, expert responses. That's rare. I value that deeply. Apple first -- The interface does not make concessions to Windows look-and-feel or UX. Yeah! As an Apple-only user, that suits my thinking and muscle memory just fine! Underdogs -- I feel like I'm part of a movement -- an all-apple CRM that kicks butt for usability and productivity.

Cons

* Beyond-expert-level features and keybindings. Marketcircle is small, and doesn't (yet) have the customer base to get to the kinds of features that my power-user toolsmith mindset would want. For example, some actions require use of a mouse, and I'm a HUGE fan of keeping my fast fingers on the keyboard. That's a nit to pick, but it's the kind of detail that comes from a larger customer base. Missing - a browser-based (or API) interface -- There are some times that I just don't have my phone or MacBook with me. It would be nice to use any-old-browser. Ah... the tradeoffs for being tightly coupled to Apple-only devices (BTW... See "pros" for same issue).

Response from Marketcircle

Replied August 2017

Thank you Michael for your wonderful review!

Tuey from Carmel Creative

Daylite has transformed the way we work, helped us to close more business and better manage projects

Please read my survey results that I just submitted as it answers this question in depth.

Pros

Daylite is robust but not overly complicated. The customization aspect is excellent. Our team loves using it for a myriad of reasons including - customization of reports, the plugins from IOSxpert - they are fantastic(!), the mobile version on iphone is completely wired in an user friendly, the new team-view features are superb as we are all able to help deliver on tasks and projects when it counts, the user interface is very clean and organized, the calendar integration with iCal and Google is excellent, the smart lists for projects and opportunities are totally functional and help speed up large scale project accessability while connecting team members...and the list goes on. I particularly like the option of dragging up the most pressing opportunities and project to the top tool bar and having them right at my fingertips. We also integrate Merlin Project into the larger projects and it's compatibility is excellent. There is a bit of learning curve but once our team took the time to dig in and get under the hood of the cross functionality, it only made our project management easier. In fact, I would say that through Daylite, we have come to sell our project management skills and realize this vertical as a profit center for our small company. Honestly, Daylite is a game-changer. Congratulations on all that you have accomplished and we look forward to continued roll-outs and developments.

Cons

Need to continue improving Apple mail to Daylite and it would be great to have a slack-like messaging component. Probably the biggest 'want' is the ability to output to word and excel in some capacity. Daylite will output to excel in a very limited fashion - it works, but it could be smoother. I realize that this 'ask' would probably require licensing from Microsoft in some capacity and it may be cost prohibitive. Otherwise, Daylite is a fantastic platform for Apple shops. We have been using it since 2012.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied June 2017

Thank you so much Tuey for your love of Daylite. We will pass your feedback to our Design and Development team.

Jason from JDGray Group LLC

Best Mac CRM available

My use case: small consulting firm that has been in business for 3 years. We use Daylite for customer relationship management, project & task management, calendar/resource management, as an applicant tracking system for our executive recruitment line of business, opportunity tracking, correspondence, etc. Prior to using Daylite, we ran the Salesforce platform and if you are willing to commit to the Apple/Mac ecosystem, Daylite is simply so much better than anything else that we have tried for the variety of tasks above. Not only was our previous solution almost 3x the cost, it was much more difficult to use, to customize, and to generate employee buy-in to actually use the system. Because this is a Mac-only product, it integrates extremely well and any Mac user will find it very intuitive. The data is in the cloud, but the application sits on my machine. This allows for the excellent reliability and off-line usability of a desktop application with the security, standardization, and data-recovery benefits of the cloud. Obviously, because it is Mac-only, I can't get a seat for one of my partners/contractors unless either they or I am willing to invest to get them into the Apple ecosystem. Not a problem internally for my company, but it is a limitation that can best be described as the blessing and curse of Daylite. I am certain that if it was a web-based or cross-platform software, it would not integrate as tightly and there would be more performance issues. Its not something that I consider a fatal flaw as I am fully invested in the Apple ecosystem, but is a limitation for scalability. In the few instances where I have had a support issue come up, I'd place MarketCircle's support team right at the top of software support teams that I have ever dealt with. They spend the time necessary to understand the problem, find the solution, and communicate fully and quickly. What more can you ask for? If you are looking for a small/medium-sized business CRM that (for my use case) far exceeds the usability and functionality of Salesforce at a fraction of the cost, and you are committed the the Apple ecosystem, I cannot recommend Daylite highly enough.

Pros

It is tightly integrated with Apple hardware and software, so it just works the way that you need and expect it to. This is a truly full-featured CRM/project management system/opportunity tracking system that is capable of the configurations, customizations, and integrations of systems that cost 3-4 times as much.

Cons

The blessing and the curse is that it is Mac-only. That makes it able to work as well as you'd expect a native Mac app to work, but it obviously limits your hardware choice and eliminates the possibility of sharing the CRM cross-platform. The performance and stability gains are well worth it in my opinion, but it is nonetheless a limitation.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied December 2016

Thank you so much for your review, Jason :)

Elaine from Taylor-So & Co Ltd

The best project management app I have been able to find. I don't think another, as good, exists.

Without this software it would be a great deal harder to control each of the projects I work on. Every project has a different client base and different suppliers, all of whom can be input into the system. It's the control over information that gives peace of mind.

Pros

Daylite makes it very easy to track every project on my desk. I am a one woman company, working on a number of projects at any one given time and it could so easily be chaos without Daylite. Being able to view emails and documents within projects, as well as the ability to add notes is essential. Since I moved to a Cloud account it has been even better. Very reliable and easy to keep up to date while on the move. There is a lot that is customisable of which I only use a small amount, however that may change as I make use of the tutorials available. The calendar syncs across with ease and the 'Home' page is an essential tool, giving a clear view of the days appointments and tasks. Much of the software is customisable.

Cons

I am always seeking ways to work 'smarter' and thus save time. I would love it if there was a little more functionality so that I could input information on the Project page that would automatically populate a custom sheet in, say, reports. That would save me a huge amount of time. Being able to see the status of all projects and project history on one page would certainly be helpful to me.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied August 2017

Thank you Elaine for your review. I will email you for there is a way to see all your projects in one view.

Gary from Coldwell Banker Good Life

Daylite is the Back Bone

There are many Real Estate CRM offerings but most are just tracking how many times a client connection is made and using predesigned templates that often look and feel like exactly what they are - computer generated communications that are have a high probability of being filtered into junk mail. These programs are expensive if one looks at what they provide versus Daylite and as we know having multiple tracking programs and calendars is is not good time management and results in habits not being formed to ensure success. Daylite is the best CRM I have used since these types of programs came into being.

Pros

I can capture client data and then track sales progress, email and other communications to ensure I provide the best service to my customers.

Cons

Taking the time to maximize my use of forms and other templates that could improve my productivity

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

Sales Force is really for large corporate sales forces that do not create a proprietary program. Early inquires to tailor the preset fields was cost prohibitive for small operations. The other Real Estate packages have limited capability around policing how many customers contacts are made on a daily basis and do not manage the day to day activities that are critical to becoming a truly successful real estate agent that needs to manage every aspect of business development and follow up while facilitating the contract process.

James from Technology intelligence Agency

The perfect Mac CRM program.

While I am glad to see a Mac-compatible product, I really wish that it was available for PC users. As someone who uses a Mac for a laptop and a PC as a desktop, it can get a little annoying to have to bring out my Mac to use it. I have seen a lot of people complain that you cannot use Daylite with other email clients, I know you can use Gmail with Mail. I have not tried connecting my Gmail with Mail, but I would imagine that once you have it connected, Daylite will work with those as well.

Pros

Well, the best part of Daylite is its integration with my Mac’s Mail app. There are a lot of products that leave out Mac users, but Daylite works perfectly with my High Sierra machine. I love that I can create a calendar entry for things that I have to do that are mentioned in my emails. The ability to track future sales helps us keep up to date on how we are meeting our company’s goals. Not only is it very easy to use, but it also has a mobile app that syncs with the program.

Cons

The price has to be the biggest con for me. It is rather steep when compared to other CRM programs, especially when you start to add users. While I am personally glad that there is finally a Mac CRM program, as someone who also uses a PC, I find that it’s a little frustrating to have to pull out my Macbook every time that I needed to use the program. I would also like to see an option for more storage, especially for the cost of the program.

Gary from Concept Hand Tufting Ltd

Intuitive and immensely powerful

Early days with my first project (client) but having hosted a team workshop day to document (flipcharts and post-it notes) the end to end sales process (headline Stages and the detailed tasks/deliverables within each stage), I’m now developing and fine tuning Pipelines for Opportunties and Projects (including a Lost opportunities Pipeline) to help streamline the processes to help the business deliver more efficiently and at higher volume. I can see Sales Assistant high on the agenda in due course ... but one step at a time for now!

Pros

Having worked in a large Uk Plc for over 30 years, I have seen many iterations of different CRM systems come and go, each one promising to be better than the last... unfortunately, many never delivering on the promise we were sold as front line users and eventually falling into disuse. Now self employed as a consultant, I have been introduced to Daylite for the first time working with a small business that wants to grow; it has the capacity with orders, but is constrained by internal expertise and resource. At every step of my learning so far with Daylite, I have not yet failed to be impressed with the immense power contained within Daylite to automate, support and streamline the sales management process. I am now working very closely with my first client SME to develop fuller use of Daylite in their business using Pipelines and Forms to enable improved productivity and therefore sales growth from the same resource (to begin with) and the intuitive operation of the system should make this very easy and rewarding on all fronts. The online video tutorials are excellent and willingness of the software team to support and answer queries, first rate.

Cons

Not a lot to be honest, but I’m still learning!

Response from Marketcircle

Replied May 2019

Hi Gary, Thank you so much for this feedback! We're so glad to hear you've had a great experience so far. Daylite really is packed with a lot of power and features and it's great to hear you're getting value out of this flexibility! We know how important having a streamlined sales process is so we love hearing you're already taking advantage of Pipelines!

Christian from Information Technology and Services

I use Daylite for privat use and it helps me a lot to handle my privat office stuff

Self organisation

Pros

Best fetaures: - Apple Mail Integration - Cloud Service / App syncing - The possibility to link everything with everything Daylite is a great program to collect documents, correspondence and all information about daily office stuff. The timeline helps me a lot to organice my self and supports me a lot to find old documents and correspondence. The biggest benefit is the App to access the informations from everywhere. The worklist is a big feature for my daily task management and helps me to not forget important stuff.

Cons

The update mentality is a shame. No worries, but in my feeling Marketcirle is very slow in development. The calendar is a mess. Without the integration in Apple calendar the Daylite calendar would not usable for me. The task and project management is okay but had lots off oppertunitys to become better. Tools like Thinks or Omnifocus are much better than Daylite. The document management could be either more functional and should more functions provide to organice. The iPhone / iPad app stands still in development. You should integrate more functions from the desktop version for example like Groups. The design from all Applications are very old school and need a refresh.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear that Daylite helps keep you organized, manage the day to day and helps you not forget what is important for your business. We are working to speed up the development process and seeing real results!

Christian from Law

Industry: Law Practice

Daylite in a law practice

I run a law practice. I don't know how I would be able to maintain an overview of my clients and projects and dead-lines without Daylite. The software never caused problems, save for errors on my own part. It's greatly appreciated.

Pros

I appreciate the fact that a template for the database came pre-installed and that it was easily modified to suit my needs in terms for categories of contacts and projects/objects. The e-mail integration is important to me as mails are generally attached to the relevant contacts/projects. The integration of pages and numbers templates provides for a smooth process of drafting letters, contracts, income sheets etc. The task system of setting dates to keep me alert on dead-lines is crucial as I do a law practice and dead-lines are an integral part of my couselling.

Cons

I was worried about transferring to the cloud as I couldn't get an authoritative answer from my association as to whether I was really allowed to store sensitive client data this way. Consensus now seems to prevail that this is OK, though.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied March 2019

Hi Christian, Thanks so much for your feedback! It's great to hear tasks are keeping your on track and our options for integration are making things run smoothly. We know how important deadlines are and we're really happy we're helping you get things done! We appreciate the time you took to share your comments - thank you again!

Brian from Patterson Animal Health

The BEST CRM program for a Mac user!

Pros

I have used Daylite for the past five years switching from another PC CRM program for the previous ten years. I love the fact that I do not have to be online to use Daylite, it resides on my MacBook and can sync with the cloud when I want to. I recently switched from "standalone" to "cloud" and converted on a Sunday. After having some questions, I received AMAZING technical help on a Sunday afternoon that made the transition VERY easy. This program works VERY well and is worth the investment. Having all my data in one program that integrates with other programs has been fantastic. With DMA, this allows me to record incoming emails into the contact that sends them. This has proven to be a valuable feature of Daylite. Lastly, their customer service is top notch. If you send a question, expect an answer or resolution very quickly. They earn five stars for this.

Cons

I would like more features (plugins) available with the program that I do not have to purchase from a third party vendor. Other than that, this program is perfect.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied March 2018

Thank you Brian for your review! :) We're happy to hear that you find Daylite to be the best CRM program to run your business. May you continue to win more business, and get more done with Daylite!

LeeAnne from Tienken & Associates at RE/MAX Equity Group

I've been using Daylite for 7 years and can't imagine being a transaction coordinator without it!

The biggest benefit for me is that I juggle 10-20 transactions at a time and I don't have to keep a million details in my head. It also provides a place for my brokers to look when they have questions about a transaction, current or past.

Pros

I work on a team, coordinating transactions for 4 brokers as well as assisting with various projects ranging from social media content creation to client events. Daylite offers one place to hold details and to track tasks. Transactions are Opportunities and everything else is a Project. Attaching emails is easy and super useful. Contacts we use over and over again only have to be entered once. No one on my team has to keep a million details in their head so it helps us all stay on the same page. Now that we have switched to the cloud its faster, more reliable, and I've been able to install it at home so working remotely is seamless.

Cons

Daylite mail assistant for iphone/ipad has been needed for years. Also really wish I could copy and paste multiple fields from people or company records.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied March 2018

Thank you LeeAnne for your review of Daylite. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying Daylite even more on Cloud. Thank you for your feedback, I will submit your request over to our Design and Development Team. May your team continue to win more business and get more done!

Chris from Duzynski Photography, LLC

Industry: Photography

I look at Daylite as being my electronic office manager. Keeps me on track, and organized.

Helps keep my business activities, new biz, existing clients, projects' coordination, and link to billings on track, helping to reduce the stress of running my business.

Pros

As a sole proprietor, I needed a package that would keep me on track, and organized throughout all aspects of running my business. When used religiously, Daylite reduces the stress of being a business owner, allowing me to concentrate on being a creative professional. I am just beginning to use Daylite to organize my new business efforts, and am confident that it's keen organizational features will help grow my business. Now cloud based, I have access to my synchronized Daylite data across all platforms, IOS & Mac, from anywhere I have an internet connection.

Cons

Fairly steep learning curve that is worth the initial pain. The user MUST be dilligent in entering all pertinent data related to a project, prospect, lead, opportunity et.al. Enter the pertinent data immediately into Daylite and you will be rewarded with a secure, and concise database of information structured to keep the business owner on track. BUT, you must take the initial efforts to enter pertinent data. So, it is a con, but work thru that initial pain and it will be rewarded.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied September 2017

Thank you very much Chris for your review!

David from Stradacon Penna

Life is so much better with a little "DAYLITE" in it...

As mentioned above we run virtually the entire business outside of financial accounting on Daylite. We have been able to adapt Daylite to our operation and visa versa to create one software environment for the entire business. With Daylite we, Quote, Project Manage, Manage Contracts, Perform Plant Maintenance, Correspond, Email, Manage and Schedule Sales, Keep diary records, Keep and share company specific information among the workforce, manage employees, perform all of our safety management requirement, perfume quality assurance management requirements.

Pros

• Available on all devices, iPhones, iPads, MacBooks and iMacs • Cloud access all over the world at any time. • Very Broad and wide reaching functionality • The ability to customise the software to suit our operation, we have been able to manage almost every aspect of our business, CRM, Safety, Quality, Quoting, Contracts, Maintenance, Correspondence, Email Integration.

Cons

There really is not much to mention here....

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

One product, on one platform that is available everywhere and very very adaptable to what we want to do. Just luv it....

Response from Marketcircle

Replied June 2020

Hi David, thank you for this amazing review! It's awesome you've been able to customize Daylite for exactly what you need! We know keeping everything in one place makes work life easier, so we're so glad we could help!

Benoit from DEVALOI

Essential

I used the software for over 5 years and I recently came back to it having started a company with a partner. It is perfect to centralize the information and keep everything transparence.

Pros

This software is like an assistant to me. Once out of my head, I know the information will come back at the right time reminding me what I have to do.

Reasons for Choosing Daylite

I have used it in the past. I loved the customer service. I always got answers to my questions or problems.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied June 2020

Hi Benoit, we're so glad Daylite is helpful and works as an assistant for you! We know how much it helps to have everything in one place! Thank you for taking the time to review us :)

Carol from Threshold Management

Couldn't function well without it

They are very responsive to my queries and get back to me within 24 hours if I need help. The 24 hours is completely acceptable since I am based in NZ and they are on a different time zone.

Pros

The software is project based rather than calendar based but it has all the functionality of a highly effective calendar, task and file linking package. The linking of clients to projects, calendars, contacts, notes, tasks and emails is so helpful. I can click on a client or a project and see the whole history of how I have interacted with the client, what projects we have worked on, when I last spoke /emailed them etc. It makes it super easy to stay clearly on top of all of the different projects and priorities I have. It syncs with my phone and iPad and computer so I am up to date at all times.

Cons

I used to wish that I could link emails on my phone to Daylite. The functionality used to only exist with the desktop. Last year, they added this functionality and now it makes my life much easier. Occasionally it hiccups in the email linking but is getting better and better as they do the fixes.

I wanted a Mac friendly CRM that resided on my desktop. Daylite fit the bill.

Pros

That fact that it integrates with Mail and other Apple products so smoothly. You don't have to compromise your daily computing environment by using Outlook or some other third-party product. I'm not crazy about it moving to a SaaS model but I understand the business reasons for it. And it's still an Apple/Macintosh product which will retain me as a user. I had one support issue and it was taken care of extremely quickly and efficiently. I wish all companies' support systems were as good.

Cons

I find the search function can be slow at times and I may not always get the results I expect. I also wish you could easily move chronologically through the entries that are listed in the "All Activity" view of a project, opportunity. I open something to read it, then have to close it to go to the next entry. These reasons are why I only gave it 4 stars on ease of use.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied February 2018

Thank you for your review and we're super happy that you had a great experience from our Customer Service Team. I have sent over your feature requests to our Design and Development Team. Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate it! May you continue to win more business and get more done with Daylite. :)

Michael B. from TeamSoper

Five-stars all the way around. Best CRM for Mac. My most used software!

Pros

My company assists nonprofit organizations, using a diverse group of expert independent contractors. Daylite is a key member of my team. In one piece of software, Daylite give me control over contacts, calendars, projects, sales leads and more. And, Daylite interconnects all of those in an intuitive manner on both OSX and IOS. Frankly, Daylite functions as my Executive Assistant. It reminds me of scheduled events and notifies me of upcoming task deadlines. The Daylite Customer Service team is responsive and has never failed to keep me up and running. Daylite's developer, Marketcircle is a client-focused company that adds innovative features. Simply amazing! Buy ... or at least try ... Daylite!

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any liabilities with Daylite. None / Zero / Zip. I am running Daylite Self-Serve on a Mac-Mini. Might be helpful to have a bit more processing power -- but everything stays synced with my iMac and MacBook Pro.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied December 2017

Thank you Michael for your wonderful review. We're super excited to hear that Daylite is your Executive Assistant in letting you get more done and win more business.

Christopher from Tamms Law Office, LLC

I have been a user of Daylite for 6 years.

Pros

Software is intuitively very easy to use. My four-Star rating is due to the higher end functions not being as intuitive. Support from the company is great. The folks at Marketcircile are very interested in listening to their users. They respond quickly during normal business hours to help. Daylite is also way more powerful then it initially appears. Various consultants across the world have built businesses setting up and customizing this product for its users willing to pay for the service. It takes very little to learn the basic, but I feel as if I've barely scratched the surface despite this being a very useful product to me.

Cons

Marketcircle is not a gigantic company so sometimes the lack of instructions on certain aspects of the product is frustrating. However the company has definitely improved a ton on this by posting training videos on their website.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied May 2018

We are so happy to be a part of your business for the last 6 years! We want to give small businesses the most powerful and simple to use app possible and we take your feedback seriously.

Feedback

Pros

It integrates seamlessly with Mac. It was the best software specifically designed for Mac users. Since our company runs 100% of Mac, it made sense to go with Daylite.

Cons

Software updates and functionality are lacking. I have requested numerous times for them to fix the bug with recurring calendar invites. They continue to say it is not a priority and will not be fixing. I can't think of any CRM/calendar, etc software that does not support recurring calendar invites. That is a huge issue with this product.

it works well with Macs

Powerful Business Development for the Entrepreneur

Pros

This is a great tool for our time - it feeds and tracks all information about the all important customer into one location, allowing consistent and relevant information to be channeled to and from the prospect and customer. I love this CRM! The team of developers and customer support professionals are quick to respond, bright and friendly, and take my concerns (a sole practitioner) seriously every time. The ios Daylite app is just as powerful and new features, such as an integrated mail function, are being developed all the time.

Cons

I would want better integration with texting and calling from my iphone. Texting is now handled by a third party developer which doesn't meet the standards of function and ease of use set by Daylite developers.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied July 2019

Hi there, Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We're so happy you're finding value in having everything in one place! SMS functionality is definitely something we can look into when it comes to feature requests - we will pass this along to our development team for review!

Alan from Lucky Homes

Daylite is the perfect Apple Mac/iOS CRM and Project manager.

Pros

Daylite integrates so closely with the Apple ecosystem. It has allowed us to consolidate on all Apple technology and know that everyone has the best product for integration. One of the best parts for us is that it allows us to not only save and store as much information on our clients and transactions as we need, but it allows us to find, access, and get reports on that information. Many other CRM's that we tried previously were real estate industry specific, but they did not actually allow us to get the information in the ways that we wanted.

Cons

As we are in the real estate industry, there are many real estate specific products that were easier in the beginning to use. They were set up the way the majority of real estate agents/brokers work. Daylite took some extra time and effort to setup in the beginning, but we are now feeling like the extra time was worth it as we are able to customize it more to our systems. Just be prepared to put in the extra time up front.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied January 2018

Thank you Alan for your review of Daylite. We're happy that you love the fact that Daylite integrates well with the Apple ecosystem. May you continue to get more done with Daylite.

Gary from Emotional Intelligence Co

Daylite is a great cloud based CRM that is better than anything out there!

Pros

Linking is a key feature and benefit with Daylite, you can link people to a company and to other people, tasks, projects and pipelines. These can be linked in the diary as well, coupled with all emails linked through means you have a fully linked client history, with all the relevant information in one place. In todays small to medium sized business that doesn't have the people resource to manage this level of functionality, Daylite does it all! AND, you can run it on multiple devices, iPhone, iPad and iMac, with auto-syncing means no back ups required. I couldn't be happier with Daylite Cloud.

Cons

Nothing really, customer service is very good and software is great. I guess the only small downside is sometimes not a quick response from support as they use Canada timezone. But its not a big issue.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied January 2018

Thank you for your review Gary, and we're super happy that you love Daylite Cloud. It is great to know Daylite Cloud is keeping you organized and in running your business more efficiently!

Dr. Jon from Russell Professional Group

I use Daylite to store all my emails and equally as important patient reports.

Systematic integration of information technology. Can be used in a variety of circumstances from professional storage information to family documents.

Pros

Allows me to store all my contact communications and relationships to me so that I can efficiently respond to any questions as well as send out notices. For example I have a patient category that I can send group communications regarding treatments and government subsidies as well as I can send group emails to other traders regarding our outcomes. The program does a lot to systematize the information provided over the Internet and as such is a very valuable if not essential hub of my business. I am particularly appreciative of the support that I get which includes staff logging on and showing me on my computer what I need to do.

Cons

I have been using Daylite for several years now and have become accustomed to working with it. Difficulties have arisen typically in synchronizing the Daylite database with other programs such as Apple Mail.

Anna from formfranska

I depend on Daylite to manage my business and my private life, my whole life actually :-)

I depend on Daylite to manage and keep track of everything, business and private. It would be on the rare occasions when there have been sync problems but they were very rare and lasted only a very short time.

Pros

There are so many things I like it's impossible to think of them all but just the ability to keep everything that has to do with a certain project or client linked so I can easily look it up is one thing. When a client ask me for something to do with a specific project I did way back I can still quite easily look it up and give the client the information they are looking for. Also the Pipelines with their custom tasks in Projects and Opportunities are invaluable. And of course, having all this synced over all my devices. The customer support is excellent - the best I've experienced anywhere! In short, I don't know how I would manage without Daylite!

Response from Marketcircle

Replied January 2018

Thank you Anna for your awesome review! We're super excited and happy to hear that you depend on Daylite to manage your business and private life. :)

Carol from Threshold Management Ltd

Great application that works seamlessly on all of my devices.

Makes my life and work easy to organise and keep up-to-date.

Pros

It syncs beautifully across all devices. Enables me to have all of the information and interaction with my clients and projects all in one place. The interface with Apple Mail delivers the emails into my projects and that combined with files, notes, appointments, and tasks all being attached to my clients means I am always clear on what is happening with my projects.

Cons

Hard to find anything I like least as Daylite is my go-to software. Its a small thing but it would be nice if the calendar view could be changed so that I could see more of the day on the screen at the same time i.e. it is currently in half-hour increments which can't be changed and I often work in evenings and have to remember to scroll down to see appointments in the evening. Would be good if it was customizable to change the viewing to hour increments.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied July 2017

Thank you Carol for your review! I will send your feature request along our Development and Design team!

Cathy from Center for Practical Management

Daylite contact management is a must for Apple/Mac users! Outlook is archaic in comparison.

Pros

Synchronization with Apple programs is awesome. Broad range of functionality; i.e. contact management, calendar, tasks, project management, sales/opportunity management, mail merge, scheduling with shared calendars, etc. etc. Ability to import events from Outlook. Contact management is 'Person' driven, not date/event driven like Outlook. I can view upcoming events with contacts, as well as history with each contact. Love the online version! Love Daylite iPhone app!

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Daylite software. I highly recommend it. My only wish is that Outlook was an Apple vs. PC product, since the business world is entrenched in Outlook vs. Apple Mail. This would eliminate dragging events scheduled in Outlook to Daylite. It's a simple, easy step though and I'm grateful for this functionality.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied January 2018

Thank you Cathy for your review of Daylite. We're happy to hear that you love Daylite Cloud, and may you continue to win more business and get more done with Daylite Cathy!

Michael from Vanguard Packaging Corp.

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Daylite For Mac

Pros

Daylite is a robust contact management program. It is great for a single user or larger organization with multiple users tracking multiple projects. Any questions or issues are addressed quickly by their customer support team. Not only do they follow up quickly, they follow up days later to insure the problem has been resolved.

Cons

Finding a criticism is tough. I would think one would be that uncompleted tasks do not roll over to the next day automatically. Moving them is easy enough. As a single user I am sure I am not using the full functionality of the program so I would not be able to highlight any underlying annoyances.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied November 2018

Hi Michael, Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback. Since you feel you might not be getting the full value from Daylite we would love to learn more about how we can help integrate Daylite in your business. Are you interested in setting up a call to discuss your workflow? You can book a time here: https://marketcircle.as.me/aprile

Dale from Ascribe Marketing Communications Inc.

Excellent workload management tool

Daylite has contributed to the growth of our agency, allowing us to scale our systems, increase workload and manage execution with consistent quality and reliability. It's been essential to our success.

Pros

Daylite is a powerful piece of off-the-shelf software that helps us book and schedule projects, track new business opportunities, and manage workflow effortlessly in real-time, with full visibility for all team members.

Cons

Daylite didn't have the resource planning capabilities we needed, so we had to adopt a separate tool for that purpose.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied October 2019

Hi Dale, What a wonderful review to read! We're so happy that Daylite has been helping you manage your workflow and workload in a reliable way. Hearing that Daylite has been essential to your success is exactly what we aim to do - empower small businesses. We'd love to learn more about the kind of resource planning you're looking for, so you're always welcome to share your ideas/feedback with us at info@marketcircle.com!

Jochen from executive now GmbH

Solid CRM on the Mac

we use Daylite to plan and execute our projects, capture time used per task/project. we also use it to plan customer acquisition and follow up in the deal pipeline.

Pros

What we like most is the integration in the Apple standard software. The Apple adressbook, mail, calendar etc can be used as before, but the team gets full awareness of activities and updates. we also like the add-ons the German distributor added to enhance functionality even further.

Cons

some of the features are just not yet as easy to use as in standard Apple way. that's were you can see that its not a super big company ...

Response from Marketcircle

Replied January 2019

Hi Jochen, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! It's awesome to hear you're getting so much out of Daylite's Apple integration and add-ons. We're proud Daylite helps you collaborate with your team! Our developers love hearing feedback and ideas from our customers, so we'd be happy to learn about any feature requests you may have for us. You're welcome to reach out any time at success@marketcircle.com and let us know!

Eric from Tracan Electronics Corporation

Get Product For The Apple Centric Environment

Daylite manages customers, accounts opportunities with ease. Tightly coupled integration with Apple Mail and calendaring functions make it a seamless product that delivers results. It has depth and many time saving features as result of this tightly coupled nature of the Apple only ecosystem. It is this point where the challenge to Daylite exists, not the product but having the customer convert from a non-Apple platform to a Apple based computing infrastructure. The barriers of cost outside of Daylite are not insignificant, but the good news is that this cost barrier is becoming less over time and most users would be happy to move to an Apple based product.

Pros

Great Opportunity management. Ability to tag specific emails through the Mail Assistant to people, companies and opportunities is one of the greatest strengths Easy to create sales processes Find anything instantly with database wide searching. Easy to integrate with supported 3rd party applications such as bulk mailers

Cons

Single platform support - Apple Only. (Including no Web Portal Interface)

CV from TechOne Centre

Daylite is a gem that no small business should be without

It's the hub and backbone of how we do business everyday. It helps internal communication to be effective and efficient. Daylite being the hub on all information related to projects and opportunities, eliminates wrong information since everyone on the team is looking at the same up-to date information.

Pros

Ability for a business to work together as a work-group and team. All key information in one place and ready to use on all your apple devices. Searching and finding your data is fast! Now with Daylite Cloud and integration with other could services, the functionality expands to new heights.

Cons

Contact information from email signatures must be entered manually into a Daylite contact. This should be automated. Having the ability to have 'outline' format in Notes would be great! Phone app sometimes continues to remind you of appointments that have been cancelled or deleted.

Response from Marketcircle

Replied December 2017

Thank you CV for your review of Daylite! It's great to hear that Daylite is the backbone of your business, and keeps your team up-to-date.