What are Dealer.com users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Dealer.com software through verified user reviews

• icon"It was also easy for me to save and continue at a later time/date. I would give it 9 out of 10 stars."
  • icon"The back-end of the software is very easy to use. Changes can be made instantly and pushed directly to our website and to the AutoTrader."
  • icon"It offers many tools and is user friendly. It is multi functional and handles many of my needs for the dealership."
  • icon"Of course, it is hard to say how backend and operations are for those sites, but Dealer.com needs to get into the game for things that multitudes see."
  • icon"If you know how to code yourself, I find it difficult to modify their website."
  • icon"Everything about Dealer.com just feels old and sluggish. It has been passed by time."

Browse all Dealer.com Reviews

• Have you used Dealer.com and would like to share your experience with others?

Silvia

Great People over at Dealer.com

I do enjoy using Dealer.com as the web provider for our dealerships.

Pros

What good is a product or a service if you do not have a reliable person to turn to when you need assistance? That is what makes dealer.com so nice. When we have a problem, I know I can reach out to our account manager and the issue will be resolved.

Cons

I do wish Dealer.com gave dealers more flexibility in regards to the creative aspect of their website. Sometimes, I feel like the pages generated look very bland and are repetitive since they are distributed to each dealer (within the same manufacture).

Reasons for switching to Dealer.com

It is a Cox Automotive product and we wanted to integrate other softwares that we were using from Cox Automotive into our website.

Marina

March 2022

May be trying to keep up with competitors

Dealer.com is an approved vendor for all our manufacturers (5 brands). They can easily share information with each other and this is why we've been with them for so long. Hard to turn such a huge ship at this point. They get the job done, though through my 5-6 years working with them - seems like they are just mixed in with the competitors, instead of standing out.

Pros

The backend tool allows me to build my own pages, add creative, etc. I like how I can get in and see inventory, change things as needed. Updates are pretty quick. We currently have unlimited exports (of our inventory feed) that is important to us.

Cons

It seems that Dealer.com likes to concentrate on little details and hails them as huge improvements, but front end customer use/look details are left behind. I now hear my management say more and more that they like the design and operation of other dealer's websites that are not Dealer.com. Of course, it is hard to say how backend and operations are for those sites, but Dealer.com needs to get into the game for things that multitudes see.

Reasons for choosing Dealer.com

Price and manufacturer coop approval. Also, options to do advertising through them (which was also coop approved).

Allison

Slow Websites & Unhelpful Support

Overall, Dealer.com is not the worst website provider I have used, but there are so many others that are better at a similar price point, that it makes the hassle of trying to work with them pointless.

Pros

The only item I like in reference to Dealer.com websites is the amount of things you can change on the site and in the containers. This makes it easy to set your site apart from others and make it different.

Cons

The websites are slow and the text is very hard to read. It is not super compatible on mobile versions and support takes a very long time to get things done, or they do not complete the ticket at all.

Dan

April 2022

Dealer.com is a superior website provider

After having used other website providers in the automotive space, I've used Dealer.com for roughly 8 years and this is my favorite website provider to date.

Pros

The eye-catching designs of Dealer.com websites are superior to other website providers in the automotive space. The ease of adding or managing content is user friendly. The customer support is above average.

Cons

The mobile versus desktop experience is different from other providers with a responsive design. Would prefer more mobile responsive solution.

Kyle

Dealer.com ControlCenter Review

Using Dealer.com ControlCenter is a great way to make sure you are getting all the correct info you need for the dealership. Highly recommended for anyone looking to close more sales.

Pros

Dealer.com ControlCenter provides everything I need to make sure I get enough eyes on the vehicles we sell at the dealership. This gives me full control when it comes to monitoring and statistics as well. You need to know when something isn't working and this Control Center gives you great insight.

Cons

I find some of the navigation to be a little hard to understand. It's not the best layout and it feels like not a lot of thought when into how to properly jump from area to area. But, once you understand where everything is it becomes much easier. I wish there was a way to edit the panels in the order of my choosing.

Dan

Difficult Platform for Marketers

My overall experience as a marketer with Dealer.com is frustrating. My stress levels increased every time I had to go into the back end.

Pros

Dealer.com is a great platform for eCommerce. It lists products, pictures, prices and other relevant information.

Cons

If you need to use Dealer.com for anything else besides an eCommerce platform, you best look somewhere else. It has THE WORST page editor I've ever experienced in my life. We are in the 21st Century and this platform can't find a way to pause the live page while you are editing. So what happens when you need to preview your edits? You press publish, quickly visit the live page, examine the edits and go back to the backend if you need to continue with more edits. What about when you need move something up and down within the page? There are content boxes that you can move. Are they labeled? Yes - they are all the same generic "content" label. So let's say you have 10 "content" labels and you have to move Label 3 down to the 8th spot. Do you think you can do it? What happens if you actually had to move Label 2? Good luck fixing that mess because there is no "back" or "undo" button.

Elysia

We use this to control our inventory on AutoTrader.ca and to merchandise our new and used vehicles.

This tool seems to be on top of the emerging technologies in the field.

Pros

It is extremely easy to navigate and has a variety of reporting measurements which is important to my role. This tool is put together by a team that clearly understands our needs as an automotive dealer.

Cons

I don't know if it is an issue with Dealer.com or AutoTrader but we cannot syndicate photos from dealer.com to our actual website.

Ashley

Most-Needed Software

Overall, this software is what I use daily to get by. Our dealership has to have it.

Pros

The best part is the customer service and how they will jump to fix any problem. My website also looks pretty nice.

Cons

If you know how to code yourself, I find it difficult to modify their website. I wish you could make more alterations.

Rene

I love how easy it is to use Control Center

Pros

Easy to build webpages, large media library, great informational reporting, and the support staff is friendly and always willing to help.

Cons

There have been times that I don't have some widgets I need. So I think just add more widgets for users that know how to use the software.

Philip

Big Name Website provider with Excellent Customer Support

Pros

The customer support team is very attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly

Cons

The picture scrolling aspect is a side-scroller model. I'd prefer a scroll-down model.

Support is great, But more widgets could be added

Dealer.com is a great product to make sure that you can stay open 24 hours a day. The ability for customers to view your inventory online is crucial and they allow you to do that with minor hiccups.

Pros

Support is great, and we don't have many issues when it comes to our website that can't be resolved quickly. This is extremely important as our website drives most of our business. We use CDK for some of our other sites, and we constantly have problems with that site.

Cons

The sites seem to be pretty basic, and the lack of widgets don't allow for a particularly visually appealing site. I would also like to see a mobile app included in the subscription.

Great website and easy to edit

Pros

We have used dealer.com for over 6 years. It is easy to make changes in their backend tool to your website. Support team is great help and usually in a timely manner.

Cons

There are other providers that seem to be more technologically advanced than dealer.com. Recently we have been switched between a few reps. It would be nice to have a consistent one who can help make suggestions and be there for quick questions and understand your wants and needs as a car dealership.

Solid Program

Dealer Website and analytical data collecting to allow me to make better marketing decisions.

Pros

It gives you a ton of data on our your site performance. Pretty easy to make changes to your site. Good templates to work from.

Cons

I wish there was a staging area for making changes to the website because right now most changes are live and I would rather have to make it live myself. Good data but I wish I could track a lead from my site through their visit and their origin.

Jason

Awesome!

Pros

You can drill down on all analytics, leads, and inventory with just a couple clicks on your mouse. Best site we have

Cons

None. The website and back-end to dealer.com is top notch. I cant say one bad thing about this product or the people that stand behind it.

Barrie

We use Dealer.com to host our website and to merchandise our new and used vehicles

We have used Dealer.com ControlCenter for at least 6 years, allowing us to edit descriptions and pricing on all of our new and used vehicles. We can also make regular changes to our website, add new pages using their widgets and HTML settings, and update our slideshow as OEM incentives change.

Pros

Cons

Some things can be done at the dealership level, but Dealer.com requires certain changes to be implemented by their support team, usually with an added cost.

Reasons for choosing Dealer.com

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Ben

This has everything!

Pros

If you're looking for a website that you can see everything this is the product you need. Analytics are awesome

Cons

None. Everything is very easy to understand and use. Being connected with about 75% of all our vendors helps

debra

Excellent example of excellence

Pros

Helps me to maintain, change and execute any daily functions on the spur of the moment and its live almost instantly

Cons

nothing, the tool is easy to use and if you need customer service they are there!

Doug

We have been a ControlCenter user for several years updates are quick and support is excellent

Pros

Ease of use (has an intuitive process(, Support Staff is very helpful if a error occurs or you need to make changes and Training both in house and web based.

This product has been great for us.

Our dealership has used dealer.com for approximately 5 years now and they have been great. Always there to help when we need it from the support team to our account managers.

Pros

Ease of use.

Ryan

Put the Deal in Dealer.com

Pros

It's easy to use and whatever is not able to be accessed there is a tech support line that's ready to help you. Of all the tech supports it is the easiest to get ahold of someone, and more times than not they can fix your issue over the phone without having to escalate it. The websites look great and are form functioning across multiple different sites, making integration easy for pricing, images, and just about anything you may need. While still giving the customer most of the control.

Cons

There are some functions that don't work as intended, but a quick tech support call can get those fixed pretty quickly. They also do have some things locked behind paywalls, if you will, that could be open or should be part of base packages, but otherwise it's very user-friendly.

Lindsey

Ease of use

I have used this for over three years and am always happy with the updates and ease of use!

Pros

This site is easy to use and navigate. It offers many tools and is user friendly. It is multi functional and handles many of my needs for the dealership.

Cons

I wish I could use this program for all of my internet management needs. I wish it were more compatible with other programs.

Dealer.com Antiquated and Old

Pros

I think the dealer.com support, for the most part, is good. They call you right back and try to handle your issues as quick as possible.

Cons

Everything is cookie cutter and if you try to set up your own webpages, their editor throws you back to the 1990s where, to get anything to work properly, you have to hard code it. Also the system and website is not responsive.

Lindsey

Easy to Navigate

This program is easy to use. I trained myself on how to operate it, however there are helpful tutorials available if needed. Love it!

Pros

This software is easy to navigate. It has a variety of tools that can be utilized. Easy for beginners.

Cons

On occasion I have trouble reloading the program however I have not reached out for tech support with this issue, my honest feeling is that my issues stem from my outdated computer operating system.

Jack

Dealer.com was amazing several years ago

Pros

Dealer.com controlcenter is a simple to use dashboard that allows you to control your online presence. It is user-friendly.

Cons

Dealer.com has merged with Cox Automotive, and their entire support department merged too. The support team used to be a shining star for Dealer.com, but since the merger they have assigned website accounts to reps who have no idea what they are doing, and have to escalate every ticket to the point where they can take weeks.

Outdated and Hard to Use

Dealer.com provides a DMS for car dealerships and is tasked with inventory management, website, and customer service related services.

Pros

Dealer.com provides basic functionality. It does work for the bare minimum functionality.

Cons

This company was once very innovative but now the software is bloated, the customer support is underwhelming, and the price is quite high. Everything about Dealer.com just feels old and sluggish. It has been passed by time.

Dealer.com