What are DejaOffice PC CRM users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using DejaOffice PC CRM software through verified user reviews

• icon"It retains most of the data...so that's good. But I wish I had time to shop for and switch to something more efficient and easy to learn."
  • icon"Flexibility and Great support with willingness to add features to make the product better."
  • icon"I have data in this software that is over 20 years old. I love the contact management systems that allows the breakdown by categories."
  • icon"Occasional problems with syncing where I get duplicates. Frequently happened because I didn't have the settings on my phone correctly set."
  • icon"The agent I dealt with (or who dealt with me) was terribly condescending."
  • icon"Difficulty syncing data between android phones, tablets, and windows PC. Always a risk of data loss."

Browse all DejaOffice PC CRM Reviews

• Have you used DejaOffice PC CRM and would like to share your experience with others?

Industry: Textiles

Great Contact Managment System

Pros

Simplicity. Have used the mobile app for a long time but switched over from Act on my computer. This gives me all I need.

Cons

Have a little trouble get used to the process of putting the history in completed meetings, tasks, etc

Reasons for choosing DejaOffice PC CRM

Had used DejaOffice on my phone for a few years syncing with Act. Liked it do it was an easy decision

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

Had to upgrade software to work with new operating system and would not pay the price for Act especially since I could not transfer data without paying a lot more to have that done

Gary

Industry: Textiles

Deja Office vs ACT

i definitely like it very much. I can not say anything bad about the program. The management was very kind to start me out with a reasonable price unlike ACT. I might want to move up a notch to gain some of the features i had at ACT.

Pros

Price and similar to ACT that I have been using for 12 years.

Cons

The search is not always accurate. I lose information. I can not Email direct (I do not know how) I can not follow easy steps. I have to add i am 84 and still running my business in Textiles. I would pay to have someone come on my computer set up Document that will auto fill in the customer information. I would like to group my customers Products. I would like to pull up list by Town, State and have it ready to make calls while in that area. I am pretty sure I can but I can not seem to follow instructions well as they are written. I get discouraged and quit trying.

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

I bought ACT 2018 (V18)and they discontinued it and wanted me to spend another large amount for V21 and so on. This seemed like a pattern. I am a small business and did not want to play that game anymore. I had used ACT since 2000. It was +-125-150 YR for a long time. Then they went up and the service being billed on top of the price. I agree that it is OK to pay extra for service sometimes. This seem to happen about 6 months to 2 Years after I bought the program. It would crash or not work properly and they wanted me to pay for their problems. NO More...........

Robert

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

A necessary evil.

I think I've said enough.

Pros

User-unfriendly as it is, it's what I committed to as a replacement for my old Palm PDA. It retains most of the data...so that's good. But I wish I had time to shop for and switch to something more efficient and easy to learn.

Cons

Oh, where do I start? I guess if I could pick one thing, it would be how cumbersome the desktop is to use. It is SO SLOW!!! On my Palm desktop, I could modify tasks, memos, etc. and the changes would take place instantly. With Deja, it's like having a bad internet connection even when it's only talking to my hard drive! "Dum-de-dum-de-dum..." And then when it's done thinking, if I've changed a category, for instance, it's jumped to the new category - which then necessitates my navigating back to where I was, and again, LLLLAAAAGGGGG. AAARRRGH!~ Cumbersome. Consistently frustrating. LET ME ADD - that one big reason I haven't sought help from customer service is how unpleasant my first experiences were trying to go that route. The agent I dealt with (or who dealt with me) was terribly condescending. Wouldn't let me finish describing my issue(s) before jumping in and unloading a bunch of mumbo-jumbo at me that usually ended with "must be a problem on your end."

Reasons for choosing DejaOffice PC CRM

Because I could avoid putting everything on the cloud. That's a MUST HAVE for me.

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

Honestly I wish I hadn't - but my Palm quit synching with the purchase of a new router. I've since solved that problem, but I don't think I can migrate my data back. I would if I could.

It gives me what I want

The system is far simpler than the one I'd used for the previous twenty years, and took a little getting used to. However, now that I am used to it I find it very simple and straightforward to use.

Pros

Inputting data is very simple, and the category filters are very useful. The installation and integration with my previous CRM system was simple and straightforward.

Cons

I'm unable to create email and document templates in the way that I should. Got the impression that technical support didn't how how to fix it so gave up on it. I have worked out a way of achieving the odd letter, but don't know at this stage how to create an address list template for use with labels.

Reasons for choosing DejaOffice PC CRM

I did consider staying with Act! but decided against because of the increasing cost. I could have stayed with a very basic package that would have no technical support. However, my experience with Act! over the last few years told me that I would need their technical support. I was surprised by the number of times I had to use it over the last couple of years

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

Act! had gone from being a one-off purchase that did everything I wanted to becoming a far more comprehensive and sophisticated package, with lots of features that I would never have a need to use, on a high annual subscription.

No more ACT.

Easy to learn and it gets the job done.

Pros

After probably 20 years as a user of ACT, I made the switch to DejaOffice PC CRM. It does everything that I need at a fraction of the cost. Enough said.

Cons

With ACT I could sort my clients based on that day their data with input.

I own DejaOffice.

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

ACT would not register my software when I re-installed it on my Win 7 computer. They demanded an upgrade to a subscription model. Basically, they stole me software.

Teresa

Great Replacement for Palm Software

As I mentioned above, I wanted to back up my data locally, not to the cloud. Using my Palm handheld had become a bit cumbersome in the sync process (too long a story to recount), so being able to sync the data locally over my Wi-Fi to my desktop computer is exactly what I wanted.

Pros

The ability to import my Palm applications so I could transition to a smartphone. I was trying different mainstream ways (Outlook, Google Calendar, etc) to migrate my Palm apps to my phone and was coming up with a mish-mash of solutions. DejaOffice PC CRM was able to handle all my native Palm apps with only a couple glitches (solved). Also, the ability to quickly sync (WiFi) to my local computer instead of the cloud.

Cons

The fact that I had to specify a number of days of data to import. Instead of offering a choice for "all", the default value was something like 30 days or 3 months (I can't remember now). The value of having so much calendar data on hand is to look back for long-ago events. So I had to re-import with a value of 3650 days (10 years): I still didn't get ALL the calendar entries I had on my Palm, but I have the most important stuff and can still use the Palm and Palm Desktop to find anything older than 10 years.

See previous comments

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

My Palm handheld was feeling increasingly outdated. The sync process had become very lengthy cumbersome (having to sync different apps to different computers via USB) due to Windows updates that ended up affecting this legacy software. Finding a way to migrate all my native Palm apps--Datebook, Contacts, Memo, and ToDo--to a single software platform instead of a combination of applications was very important

What to use to replace ACT

I used ACT for more than ten years but has grown too big and too expensive. My experience with ACT is my benchmark. DejaOffice manual lacks details or I could not find it. It is hard for me to find info I about want. For example, learning how to find an account or a word in an account via a series of menus is not efficient. A manual I could query would be much easier.

Pros

A contact manager for a single user using a PC and an iPhone at a reasonable price.

Cons

Too many features are not as efficient as they could be. E.g., the search function works much better on the PC than on the iPhone. The iPhone shows way too many irrelevant answers.

Reasons for choosing DejaOffice PC CRM

I only found big CRMs to handle sales forces. I chose DejaOffice because I had used it for my iPhone for years and it's much better price than renewing ACT periodically.

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

Cost for features I don't need. ACT v18 became an orphan and the new version would not be supported for long.

Bobbi

If you were a Palm Desktop User - THIS is for you!

Pros

I was able to transfer SEAMLESSLY for the most part - ALL of my Palm Desktop Contacts, Memos, Calendar etc. to my Deja Office Stand Alone - AND it holds EVEN more information and notes than I could do w/Palm Desktop AND CompanionLink - which is what I had in between the Palm and Deja. And it syncs really well with my Android and switching between what I want synced works VERY VERY well!

Cons

It is hard to set up on TWO computers - I still don't have it working properly on my New Windows 10 Laptop - even after calling support. And Syncing is sometimes hard between Android and Deja - I have to "re-pair" the two all the time it seems.

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

Well, obviously Palm is no longer supported AND I did NOT want to have to type EVERY ONE OF MY Contacts, Memos, Calendar items again - That would take MONTHS - SO this was Perfect!

Judith

DejaOffice is my best friend!!

Meeting times pop up as reminders and messages so I don't miss anything important. Personal appointments don't get missed either. If I need to look up information about a contact/person, I get all the information. Names, contacts, notes, etc.. Everything I may need can be saved.

Pros

I find that keeping my contacts and calendar available thru DejaOffice on both my laptop and my cellphone keeps me on task, and I have all the information I need at a glance. I get notifications for meetings and important dates without worrying that I need to be in front of my laptop. It is like taking a day-planner wherever you go.

Cons

I use my DejaOffice for personal use, however, if my business would let me, I would use it with my work email as well.

A few years ago.

Bruce

Great value for a reasonably well-featured Contact Management and Scheduling app

Overall, the tech support has been great. With a few more fixes or added features, it would be excellent.

Pros

I was able to export my Act! for Windows database and go to this more basic Contact Management App - which links contacts to the calendar and syncs with my smartphone.

Cons

It is difficult to find scheduled events by looking up the contact the event is scheduled with and it doesn't allow you to schedule recurring events for the last business day of each month.

Reasons for choosing DejaOffice PC CRM

It is simpler and does most everything I need as a sole owner/operator of a business without the huge resource demands on my pc and without frequent need for tech support.

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

Act! kept adding features that had no value to my business and kept upping their pricing, plus it required tech support every time an update was available due to the complexity of installation.

Joe

Why we use DeJaOffice PC CRM

It's a great tool for keeping my calendar between all of my Computers. Other folks in the office can enter something on the desktop and I get the update on my phone and pad.

Pros

In the past i used other offerings from Companionlink to keep my phone, desktop and laptop in sync. The product worked great and whenever I did have a problem the folks at Companionlink were there to help. Their products installed easily and I don't think I ever needed to contact support for installation. I used Companionlink and their desktop calendar for tracking appointments. when my needs expanded the folks at Companionlink recommeded DeJaOffice and I have been using it daily for about a year now.

Cons

There are some nuances with Microsoft that can cause Outlook 365 to crash. It can be painful at times. We have some work arounds but I am waiting for a final resolution.

Industry: Farming

Deja Office

Very Good, The Team is always there to help in setup questions or troubleshooting.

Pros

What I like about the Product is how simple it is to use and set up. It is exactly what we need at a great price.

Cons

At this time, I Can't think of any.

Easy of use and Price.

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

Act was way to expensive for what we needed.

Reliable for decades

Pros

I have used a version of this software since I moved data over to DejaOffice when Palm became obsolete. I have data in this software that is over 20 years old. I love the contact management systems that allows the breakdown by categories. The ability to automatically sink across multiple devices makes the concern about having the most current information at my fingertips go away. The versions of this software has always been able to work with different PC operating systems and different mobile devices I have had over the years.

Cons

The short comings in the software, like limited number of categories I had earlier have been eliminated

Palm became obsolete

Kate

I'm a big fan

I really like the program. I love the interface between the contact and calendar. Their tech support is wonderful they answer my questions.

Pros

I really like DejaOffice, I have used it since having a Palm Pilot. Originally I used companion link to interface with ACT. I'm so happy DejaOffice created a stand alone program. I can't justify paying for ACT anymore as I am only one person, not an entire sales staff.

Gary

Tech support great.

Pros

I have used the Palm Desktop for 15 years. Without it, I could not conduct business. I have used the various versions of DejaOffice since its inception. I recently changed cell phones. There were some issues with the migration. My first email to tech support was with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He was prompt and persistent in resolving all the issues over several emails and a direct phone call. I highly recommend this fully integrated suite of applications. There is nothing even close to it in terms of simplicity, thoroughness, and reliability.

Cons

Earlier versions of DejaOffice had some issues with syncing with desktop. All resolved with updates, but frustrating at the time.

Doug

My Favorable Experiences

Still the best option for my needs and legacy data.

Pros

I needed a CRM to migrate my Palm database to. DejaOffice provided a seamless transition, particularly contacts, calendar and memos.

Reasons for choosing DejaOffice PC CRM

most compatible with palm desktop and most reliable.

Palm went defunct.

Mike

Industry: Research

Almost as good as my old palm pilot

Moved from unsupported Palm Pilot sys to PC CRM. Took some retraining but serves my proposes.

Pros

Global Search. Preset data fields available. Fairly quick load and data save times

Cons

Lack of adjustable interface, data display. Tricking sync protocols

Ease of transition

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

Palm Pilot no longer supported. Software was getting glitchy.

DejaOffice CRM is a great product and service

The support team was easily contacted and knew the product well. I am pleased with this product and service.

Pros

The permanent purchase option for the license and the annual sync to cloud agreements are a refreshing choice from other CRM software vendors. The features including link of desktop to cell phone dialing are unique.

Cons

I have no complaints. The recently added feature allowing a dial request from the desktop app to the cell phone app is great.

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

The costs of other CRM software as subscription were too high and the feature set linking desktop PC and cell phones were not well configured.

Christian

AN EXCELLENT ASSITANT!

I've registered all of my contacts since 10 years ago. And synchronyze it with my outlook database

Pros

Is the most complete contacts app that I've ever used. The two versions, especially the one that is in my smartphone

Cons

More graphical themes for the app. Sync more quickly

More standard platform

Jerry

Industry: Law Practice

Rude sarcastic in a hurry support

I have used it several years

Pros

it works fairly well to sync android to outlook

Cons

support rude, sarcastic tone of voice and in a great hurry to get off phone

Response from CompanionLink Software

Thank you for your feedback. We value your business and will be working with our technician to improve our level of service.

Replied November 2020

Kris

OUtlook to Android link

It has been good. I do not use all its capabilities and probably should .

Pros

It syncs my calendar and contacts between my Surface Pro and Samsung phone.

Cons

Calendar reminders are not consistently shown both on my SP and Samsung

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

Simpler to use and implement.

Robert

Industry: Translation and Localization

Deja Office excellent plan

Excellent

Pros

The calendar and conact list are the best features

Cons

duplication of the contact list. Even when i merge i still have duplicates

Reasons for choosing DejaOffice PC CRM

Use palm desktop for years.

Jaime

Industry: Building Materials

Utility App

Pros

Use of files from another app that its no longer available

Cons

Have dificult to Sync with Motorola Moto M4 Phone

Reasons for switching to DejaOffice PC CRM

Not in the market anymore

Paramjit

Stand alone CRM ..... affordable ... does the trick

Good like it mostly

Pros

Stand alone CRM ...... easy to use .............Utilitarian

Cons

Report generation can be better that what we have right now should be able to customize the reports

Reasons for choosing DejaOffice PC CRM

like the fact it is a stand alone CRM that's I was looking for

Industry: Industrial Automation

Deja Cool

Pros

Cons

Still needs some maturity around 3 rd party integration, Sales Management and opportunity tracking

DejaOffice PC CRM