Browse Dialpad Reviews

Jonatan from Edge Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

An app that you would not stop using!

Quality, Dialpad talk not only allow us to answer and make calls, but we can use it to track every possible KPI and with that, keeping the quality of the service by auditing each interaction.

Pros

Dialpad talk has several features but the most amazing one if Voice AI, it allows us to identify the matter of a call and lead us to analyze every interaction.

Cons

Groups, we would like to have more control about groups of people created within the app, due to the current moment we are living (pandemic) we are more connected than ever, and people love personalizing their groups.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Dialpad is less expensive and has a long list of benefits that WebEx does not.

TJ from Commercial Credit Group, Inc.

This is the next step in IP phones - Perfect for working from home

This has been one of the best decisions our IT team has made. We tested the other cloud phone providers, with none providing the fully featured, simple and reliable system as Dialpad. Adding users, configuring phone trees, configuring main lines, adding fax, everything is simple, fast, and intuitive in their system. With integration into Hubspot, which we already used as our CRM, our management has even more insight into their sales team's performance. Our user feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Our ability to have users work from home and have 100% full phone access cannot be overstated. This is probably the biggest takeaway anyone should take from reading this. Absolutely no disruption in our ability to call or make calls when switching our entire office to working from home.

Pros

Deployment cannot get any more simple. Set up the user in the web interface, put in 4 digit activation code on phone. Done. Work from home - SIMPLE. With Office 365 integration, users simply use their email and pass to sign into Dialpad from their personal cell phone, personal computer, work computer, anywhere. Just moved offices, our phone system was the only system that required no extra setup. Just plug in at the new location, and everyone is working like normal. Simple and intuitive. Reliable, priced perfectly, full of features.

Cons

I used to have cons with the limited abilities admins had over users' settings like call forwarding (for example, if an employee is sick and forgot to set her calls to forward to someone else). This has been fixed recently, and at this point I cannot think of any con.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

Shoretel was outdated, required on-premises equipment, and required trained support to help with some of the smallest issues. Physical appliances would fail, leading to major phone downtime randomly.

Very benefitcial to grow the business at full throttle.

Dialpad is never less than any other managing tool to manage the business opportunities for the upcoming development process. The ideas are unique and can be implemented with great skills. We can run the system smoothly and there is nothing more feasible and flexible in bringing the business detail with great comeback. We can track the prices and can implement compared prices with powerful skills. Hence, the managing ability is more prominent and sound for creating powerful business opportunities.

Pros

Dialpad is a very detailing tool in detecting the promotions and developments on a high scale. The business ideas are incredible to grow and watch the business at all levels. Its ability to check the growing business opportunities is very appreciative and nothing is more comprehensive in bringing the whole production detail at a single click. This tool can watch the business moves at the great skill and presents powerful solutions to find out the business empowerment ideas.

Cons

This application can go with small and big scales but, its understanding is very important before installing it in the system.

Amber from Civil Engineering

Cheaper than most, but you get what you pay for..

I feel like the cons outweigh the pros at this point. We have had the system for 9 months and I am ready to go back to regular desk phones and a local phone/internet company.

Pros

I love the features and they are easy to change and update. Being able to get rid of desk phones and give every employee their own direct line number is great ( for the employees who need one) Transferring calls is easy and I like the feature that it asks you if you would like to "ask" the person if they want to take the call or not. I love that it keeps track of phone calls, times, and send monthly reports regarding all calls ( dropped calls, missed, minutes used etc.) Being able to easily transfer calls to an employees cell phone is useful.

Cons

It starts to get a little pricey the most employees you have. The "Fees" attached to the price are outrageous! These fees are described as : "Federal Universal Service Fund" , "Federal Regulatory Assessment Fee", "State and Local taxes" , and "Compliance and Administrative Cost Recovery" ( the compliance and administrative cost recover is the highest fee and I have no idea what it means or what it is for). I know we have to pay taxes, but when we had our old phone system ( through a local utility company) we didn't pay these fee's? Using Dialpad has tripled our office phone cost, and that's before you buy the needed headsets for use. You have to add each and every employee that ever needs to use the phone and there is a monthly cost added to your bill ( cost plus fees), I have 3 employees who rarely ever use the phone for work, and I have had to add them as full users. There is no way to have a "main" phone or line that multiple employees can use to make or receive calls. It is not cost effective because I have had to add those three employees to the system, just so they can make a few phone calls per year. There is a very big delay when you have calls forwarded to your cell phone. When we chose Dialpad we chose it because of the features and price, the price looks good at first, but as you add employees and all the fee's it's extremely high. Above and beyond any of these things, the customer service is very lacking. It is the worst customer service I have ever received from anyone. You cannot make a call to customer service, you can only use email. The "help" or response is not automatic, so if you are experiencing issues with the system ( which happens more than I think is acceptable for a business phone system) you have to wait sometimes 1-2 days to get a response or help. They did offer to "upgrade" us to a premier account, which just costs even more money. If you have a premier account you can have a phone number to call and actually speak with someone in customer service. We have had many issues with dropped calls, callers not being able to hear us, fuzziness in calls etc. These things are no big deal if they happen rarely, but they are fairly regular. When customer service does get back to you, they are incredibly rude and not very helpful, and it's usually 3-4 back and forth emails before a resolution is given or the issue is fixed.

Tamesha from BackonTrackAgent

I Love It!

Efficiency is the right word to sum it up with DialPad. Dialpad has brought Efficiency with my business. I'm able to connect with my clients right from the start. DialPad allows me to prepare to take a call by sending a notification to my device or desktop. I'm ready for every call.

Pros

I love how DialPad offers all of the contacts information right there all at one time. You can check and see the last email, text, appointment. Also, you can view tips to use in you conversation.

Cons

I don't have a whole lot of cons for Dialpad. The only thing, I may say is when there time for an update, my app starts to disconnect a bit when receiving calls/text messages. Other than that, I use DialPad on a daily basis all day long. It's the first thing I bring up on my computer and on my cell phone when I'm on the go. I never miss a call or a message. It's the life of my business.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Initially the color of the company drew my intention. During the trial, I saw how functional Dialpad was. The application was easy to use, I like the way that I was guided to use the product as a new user. I was able to get set up in about 15 mintues. I was able to link my email, setup my phone settings, and import all of my contacts instantly. As the weeks went by, I realized that DialPad was a special tool that made my business thrive more vibrantly.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

I made the switch because the software worked but I still had to use other applications to help with the call. Such as previous notes and emails. I could not figure out how to separate my contacts and I did not feel efficient. I'm glad I made the switch. I feel more confident using DialPad.

Effective and helpful VOIP system with some quirks

I am pleased but want more reliability.

Pros

This VOIP platform continues to grow better and offer more features and allows me to access my calls and clients on my cell phone and computer.

Cons

It was having issues on older Android phone and would switch to my personal voicemail. Also I was given 2 numbers and can't seem to control which one I send texts to customers always.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

I wanted more reliable features when switching from laptop to cell phone.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

I wasn't getting support and features I desired plus too many down times in 2016.

Mai from NTXPlumbing

State of the ART Phone System!

It provided us with the ability to text and send pictures from any of our users. It is also nice to know that when we experience power outages, we can still use the mobile app to make and receive phone calls.

Pros

I like the call recording features where it records incoming and outgoing alot. It also has the ability for you to be able to see who, what, and when user that communicated with the callers. The communication for the mobile app matches with what is on the desktop and brower app. So if any of our team ever calls in sick, we can still see who spoke to the caller last.

Cons

I do wish there were more permission settings to add a user (employee) in the field and only allow them to make outgoing or incoming phone calls. Also, I think pricing should be less for a user who is out in the field who only needs limited functions.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

The user interface was easy to use. The pricing was within our budget. The live chat feature for support makes it easy to ask for help.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

These different programs and systems were limited in there features and functionalities. Very basic.

Katie from Stride Pest Control

Great service, just a few things that are hard to find

It was a huge upgrade from Google Voice and I've been happy overall.

Pros

I really like the sound quality of the phone call. The department and contacts are easy to access too. I really like that a text can be marked unread, and that calls and voicemails are transcribed as well as recorded. Images are easy to send as well. The round robin call rotation is great.

Cons

It's difficult to mark a voicemail unread. Often there is a delay when a call begins. I can't drag text into the message to copy, or highlight and drag phone numbers and text out of Dialpad to copy to accounts. Video is very small when sent through Dialpad.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

too many complications with how to answer, phone would ring in your ear while speaking to a customer, line wouldn't ring for everyone, no uniformity in communication either. The SMS, voicemail, and call history were all separate when you tried to search for one contact.

Matthew from Heritage Insurance Agency Inc

Dialpad functions are awesome!

Awesome! Tried to switch and the other provider has been around much longer but doesn't have near the technology and capabilities and reporting of Dialpad. If you want the most advanced phone service from a tech and artificial intelligence standpoint there is nothing I've found that rivals Dialpad.

Pros

Ease of use and the integrated functions or text and picture messaging.

Cons

Sometimes the call quality isnt great but a quick reset or update generally fixes it and Dialpad is always improving!

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Much better features, functions, ease of use, reporting and analytics blow away the competition!

Features and functionality!

Pros

We love how easy it is for our team to communicate with clients and vendors. It's so great for every one on our team to be able to see call logs and messages.

Cons

We see several dropped calls and at times it can be confusing to find messages

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Dialpad had all the features we needed and onboarding was super easy

Michael from Yablon & Associates

Dialpad is a perfect solution for any business

We subscribed to Dialpad when we moved office suites. And it immediately became a very productive tool. I had to travel for business and the mobility was very useful. I had all my call history, my notes, all at my fingertips. And when I received a call in the office, and it was too loud, I simply clicked on my cell and continued the conversation while walk. And the biggest advantage to productivity came when Covid-19 hit, because all the staff are working from home, still using the same numbers, the same process and the same way as if we are in the office. The common INBOX makes everyone aware of everyone else's communications, and the private phone numbers keep sensitive work separate. It has kept us going in these difficult times. And the one thing I really like the most? I can be anywhere in Europe and my NYC number will ring when someone calls.

Pros

What we like most about this product is that it is intuitive and versatile. We ported out two business numbers, and we also received each our own cell number which is great to use for business. We can use it on the road, at the office and while traveling, so its perfect, we never miss a call. And by setting up groups we can put one phone on "do not disturb" and still have others answer, plus we can roll over to our personal phones. We have it running in our workstations and smartphones and it is so easy to answer in one and continue the conversation, seamlessly, in another simply by clicking a button. I usually answer through my laptop and if I need to walk away, I can simply just switch to my mobile in real-time. And I can text while I am speaking to a person, multi-task, or simply click a number and dial through it and then make a note on the screen. It remembers everything we do! This system's sound is crystal clear and it simplified our business. The support is also worth noting, they respond quickly and have resolved every single inquiry successfully and efficiently.

Cons

I think some of the options should be included in every solution, for example, the dictionary. Other than that I cannot find anything I dislike.

Versatility, portability, cost.

Liam from Engage Media

Solid, easy to use, easy to administer platform

Dialpad is a solid platform that is very easy to set up and configure, and relatively cost effective, in relation to other platforms on the market. Our only complaint is the reliability of Dialpad. It's not a huge issue, but even if one call drops a week, it's annoying.

Pros

We are a software start up with less than 25 employees, of which 12 have Dialpad accounts. We have fairly basic needs, in the sense that each user needs a direct number to place and receive calls/texts, and for those same users to take calls from 'shared' phone numbers, such as support, and sales. The administrative features of Dialpad are easy to learn, use, configure, without having to spend hours self educating on a knowledge base, or through trial and error. This includes functions such as: - Creating new users. - Configuring phone lines (like sales or support) with voicemails, call routing, IVR.

Cons

1 - Desktop app reliability (Mac) I've found the Desktop top app to be consistently inconsistent, in the quality of calls, and general usability. I've used Dialpad for 3 years, and always have the newest Mac & software updates. For example, sometimes I will answer a call, and the person cannot hear me. This is even more frustrating in cases where I've been waiting on hold for a long time, only to be connected, and for the other person to not be able to hear me. Every time, if I restart Dialpad, the issue resolves itself. Again, I've tried multiple headsets/audio settings over the years, and the same issues occur. 2 - Mobile app You can configure Dialpad so that when you receive a call, your cellphone rings (either using your cellular number, or over VOIP, if connected to the internet). I've again found the reliability of these features to be inconsistent. Sometimes I will answer on my mobile, and the call will drop. Other times, I'll answer on my Desktop app, and my mobile device will keep ringing. 3 - Pricing I feel that Dialpad's pricing is in line with other providers, but I do feel that providers across the board have prices set too high, with no option to add 'light users'. For example, we have certain employees that we want to be able to take a call or two a week, or infrequently place outbound calls. We cannot justify paying for a full license for them. If we could add free, or heavily subsidized 'light' users, I believe that overall, our usage and adoption of Dia

Dysiree from ContactCRE

Dial Pad Versus Other Phone System

My experience was great, basically it does the job we need so I am satisfied with that. But to be more advanced, the system needs more improvement and I hope they could make it more user-friendly​.

Pros

If you are looking for a ​cheaper phone service, that does the job of catering your customer's, this might be the one for you. Way cheaper than Ring Central and The Customer​ Service is Up top, but SOMETIMES not so easy to get in touch with especially​ on weekends. However, I highly recommend​ their service as they are very fair to their users, For instance, when we were still getting used to the system,​ we have 4 phone lines that were reserved and we weren't aware that it was being billed, but the customer service steeped in and refunded the cost of the unused lines RIGHT AWAY, they are easy to negotiate with.

Cons

The Software is basic, but not that very user-friendly compared to ring central. We've been using Ring Central for a few years before we shifted to Dial Pad. Recordings are not easily located, when you try searching the phone number on the call logs, it will just give you the activity and the only way for you to turn on the recording is to manually​ turn it on while on a phone call, there must be some other ways, but for people who are not so techy and just wanted to use the phone service solely, it would be quiet a challenge figuring how to set this in automatic mode. Dial Pad also Offers Transcription, this means that all Voicemails left on your phone numbers we're automatically transcribed, however,​ it is not accurate but it does the job. Integrations with dialpad to your customized database​MIGHT be possible​ but at a higher cost and you may need to get a quote with their Sales Department.

Milan from RE/MAX INTEGRA

Dialpad Review

Overall, the experience with Dialpad is quite positive. We came from another in house VOIP solution, and knowing that you always have someone ready to help you , gives you peace of mind. It does what its supposed to do, and the majority of the time it does it well!

Pros

One of the best features Dialpad has to offer is the ability to integrate with other services. Single sign on makes accessing Dialpad a breeze, and with GSuite requires one less password for myself, and all of our users. We all have so many passwords that we need some form of software to maintain them all! Interaction with other users through Gsuite, Salesforce, and many others also show up in the main interface allowing users to quickly go back to files, or conversations they recently had with other users. Unified communications is big in today's world and Dialpad handles it quite well. There is a decent variety of equipment that you can use with Dialpad, but it also allows us to completely remove the desk phone which is a nice touch, especially considering the types of work envoironments we have where users can chose where they would like to work. Last but not least, and at the core of its functionality the basic phone system. While allowing users to transfer calls amongst people, you are also able to transfer between devices, which means that, when your 1-2 meeting runs long, you can move your call to a mobile device if you need to get going. Overall the system is quite robust, and provides all the functionality one could ask for!

Cons

Its hard to list many cons, as we have only ever experienced a few, but here they are. Not all bluetooth, or wireless headsets play well with Dialpad. We have had to switch the headsets that a handful of our users depend on. That being said, once you have found one that works well, there are no problems. One other problem that we have encoutered is dropped calls, or unresponsive application. Most of the time, a simple restart of the application, or computer will resolve these issues, but they are still issues. Last but not least, the frequent updates. While it is good to continuously provide important updates, it feels like there is one every week, and not all users are comfortable with making these changes.

The most advanced and affordable option out there

I love Dialpad. We started with Google Voice back in the day, but abandoned it because it wasn't a flexible office phone solution. Then we jumped into Switch.co because it promised a lot that Google Voice lacked. It wasn't quite right for us yet so we went away from that too. I also tried other solutions along the way. After a few years, Switch.co matured and was rebranded into Dialpad. Since that maturation we've been all in! The new iteration of the platform had the simplicity we needed while at the same time bringing the tech we desired. The audio delay on this voip service is non-noticeable. Let me repeat that, the audio delay is non-noticeable. We've tried a lot of VOIP systems and that is my biggest complaint. Dialpad delivers on the quality of the audio and the non-noticeable delay. When we've had issues or questions, customer service was on it in a suprisingly short amount of time. On top of that, they always resolved our issues/questions in a satisfactory way. This is a great product, but moreso I think they're a great company.

Pros

1) Works on ios/android, computer, and desktop phone. It works well on all the devices I use. 2) You can transfer calls between devices. 3) Each month it gets increasingly better with regular software updates. 4) Simple management of our team phone numbers and departments. 5) It allows for better general office number handling.

Cons

1) When switching from wifi to cellular LTE the call often drops or has issues for a bit (ie. leaving the office, with HD calling enabled) 2) Not great conference integration. I'd rather see a great video chat solution that integrates smoothly, than halfway-there uberconference integration. The pricing is silly w/ uberconference, every one of my lines doesn't need their own uberconference, we really only need 1 or 2 lines.

Cloud-Based Office Phones Increase Productivity

Pros

I admit I was somewhat hesitant for our office to move from a traditional phone system to a cloud-based one. After using Dialpad for nearly a year, I honestly can't remember why I had hesitations in the first place! This system makes my work communication simple and efficient. I'm in and out of the office all the time, so it's been great to be able to answer work calls wherever I am. Our staff uses the messaging function to interact with each other on team projects. I love the fact that you can easily look over your call history list and edit call information to the name of the caller -- I don't have the need to scribble phone messages on paper anymore because it's all conveniently on the app! In addition to receiving voicemails on your phone, you can get emails including them too, so if you need to pass the message on to a co-worker, it's just a simple email forward away. Another awesome feature is the call data. You can track how many people are calling your organization during a specific time period, what percentage of those calls are getting answered, and who in your organization is making the most calls, along with much more data. These metrics can be used in a variety of ways to make your staff more efficient and engaged. The interface is easy-to-use and understand. Once you have the app on your device and configured appropriately, it's nearly problem-free. It makes me more accessible to our clients and helps keep our team on the same page -- what's not to love?

Cons

The number one issue you will need to get used to using this product is the slight delay that happens from when you speak your words to when they are actually heard. This results in a lot of accidental talking over your caller, but once you use the product for a while, you will get the hang of it. You can set up the app to use wifi or your calling plan. If you use your calling plan (which you must when you are away from a wireless router), you can get calls with bad connection or even drop a call. If you do have an issue during your call, you have the ability to give the call a one to five star ranking. If you rank the call low, you can add details about the problem, and then support will take a look and try to address the problem if possible. So there are issues, but I think the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives.

Promising service BUT...

Mobile communications for a small business. Call recording. Conference calls.

Pros

In fairness to the "But/Cons" that I will mention, this is the second business that I've used Dialpad for. I've loved the flexibility of the service! Apps for all big platforms, and it has been fairly reliable for VOIP. I love their call recording and uberconference is decent although it would be SO helpful to be able to share videos better.

Cons

There are some features that a business would expect to have. The ability to delete a license or to migrate a user... or to view messages from an employee. Why wouldn't an admin have access to this? THis is a business service not for personal calls!!! I had a huge issue with an user threatening to sue & harm me and was contacting my clients and badmouthing my business. Dialpad said that I would need a court order to view those communications!!! WHAT? I'm paying for the service! It's MY account! I had a desperate need to see what damage that he was causing and Dialpad wasn't there for me and likely won't be there for you either! Also, they would take a full day to respond to a support message allowing him to do further damage as I waited and waited. I could delete him, but then all messages/evidence would have been lost. I practically begged Dialpad to call me and they said that my plan didn't include phone support. I would have thought that Dialpad hearing that their service was being used to threaten people would have caused Dialpad to take greater measures to help their customer. Even when they tried to help they caused technical glitches and delays that allowed the user to delete almost all of his messages to hide his behavior so I still have little idea what kind of damage the he caused to me. When the account was finally assigned to a new user I asked to speak to a manager and the never heard back from my requests. Serious flaws here!!!

Scott from Predictable Hire

Has been a great piece of software for my business

This software has allowed me to spin up or down business operations with the flip of a switch, and gives you a VERY full featured office phone solution for a fraction of the price of other companies. When comparing this to hardline phone systems, I honestly don't know why any company wouldn't just use this instead (as long as your computer has an ethernet connection).

Pros

I like that the software is affordable, reliable, and accessible in many different ways. I use it as the main business line for my company and adding/removing users is super easy, creating a main line is easy, and having access to your phone via apps anywhere you are is fantastic. I also am very impressed with their quality and their customer support. I was having an issue with call quality, and I couldn't tell if it was my bluetooth headphones or my wifi. Their team got REALLY technical digging into the transmission details from my call, and told me there was a lot of chatter on the wifi. I ended up just running an ethernet cable and have literally zero problems anymore.

Cons

The mobile app is good, but somehow not as reliable as the desktop software. I've had some issues making calls, and turn around and dial from my regular phone number and it works fine. I would suspect this has something to do with the fact that Dialpad uses internet instead of the regular phone line, but if I have plenty of LTE signal for a phone call I would think Dialpad would also work. As a result I generally just feel safer taking important calls from the desktop.

Tyler from Randco Tanks

An Amazing Softphone System

We switched from a standard phone system, not even VOIP, to this and has helped tremendously. It helped handle and port calls to the right department, fend off solicitations and auto spam callers. We can transfer calls, have a funny hold tune, and more features that are being released as time goes on that brings us and our customers value.

Pros

Easy. Helps cut down on spam calls when auto attendant is set up. Decent integration with Google. It has Uberconfernece, which has cool features for a group call. You can set up departments that are multiple user ringing lines. Easy to setup. Easy and fast editing if you have alternative hours of operation a certain week. Recordings and Voicemails can be saved to your google drive! Reporting shows a lot that helps visualize what you're dealing with. Contacts can be auto-imported into your Google Contacts list. Notifications on missed calls and voicemails. You can turn on when you're in business, so that phone calls go straight to voicemail after a greeting after hours.

Cons

Sometimes has issues with dropping calls sometimes. Sometimes can be a hassle if your headphone system isn't set up on the first call of the day, whether user error or settings getting mixed around automatically.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

We were looking at a VOIP system for better clarity on whos calling, an auto-attendant and just more features.

Jason from Spencer Weddings and Entertainment

Designed for BIG, but no SMALL business should be without it...

Overall, I've been a Dialpad user since before they were Dialpad (called Switch back then). Like any business that's growing, some things had to get cherry picked down, like direct phone support for smaller users. The forums are a good place to start, and most of my email support tickets have been resolved in timely manners -- including porting of numbers -- but not being able to pick up the phone and call support is a little worrisome. Still, the service is usually rock solid and integrates well across my four computer and three iOS devices. It is a true virtual phone system that sounds fantastic and crushes the competition. If they could integrate with a spam call service like Hiya, then I think it would be everyone's go to for small and medium business, for sure.

Pros

I'm pretty much a one man show, but I offer three different lines of services. I also have a cell phone number that goes back to 1998, so I like to keep it private from the business world. Dialpad allows me to separate all three service lines into their own department, with their own phone numbers and/or extensions, while keeping my personal cell number 100% private.

Cons

Some features offered on Android are not on iOS and vice versa. One of the biggest grips I have is that the pings for text messages to mainline and department lines don't present a notification on the iPhone. This can prove troublesome in an emergency, as I only see them when I open up the app and the department icon shows it.

Neha from Deloitte India (Offices of the US)

Good app for small business but a little glitch for large ones

Pros

It needs simple installation via chrome apps store with simple Google or Microsoft authentication. It will start working in couple of minutes. One can easily accept and move calls between my PC and mobile app seamlessly without any interruption. Audio quality is up to mark. It's easy to add contact, it email us as soon as we have a voice mail. Easy to answer when the clients call. Dial pad app seamlessly integrates with Chrome and Gmail, linking all contact data. It doubles as an instant messaging platform for quick messages sent between colleagues when an email would be unnecessary and cumbersome. Because it keeps everything in one place and tracks a lot of call data like date, time, length of call, who answered it, what call group it rang to, call transfers which it makes finding, tracking and reviewing information easier.

Cons

There are no emoticons, which makes it less competitive than Skype. There are some features missing like immediate forwards to a non Dial pad number. Also when the demand gets high there is no call waiting or even any alert letting them know there is another call coming inn which makes the software impartial.

Joseph from Gateway Express Inc.

Industry: Warehousing

Very easy to use!

Pros

The cross-platform compatibility and ease of use. If I've missed a call and/or have a voice mail from my wired connection I can review and listen from any mobile device using the Dialpad app. Also the voice-to-text feature is convenient for those times that you don't have the option to listen to a voice mail.

Cons

I am happy with this product. If I could change only one thing it would be the voice-to-text feature regarding voice mail messages. The accuracy could be improved some, but this feature on most voice-to-text services are about the same for accuracy.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

I was not part of the switch process but I'm glad that my company did make the switch!

Ian from BoxKnight

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great interface but could improve integrations

It is a great tool for handling calls and texts, but the lack of integrations may end up becoming a dealbreaker as we consolidate and streamline our tools if we can find something that will better integrate with Front.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and easy to learn. Great feed of recorded calls and texts to see communication history with contacts.

Cons

Number one biggest issue is that text messages cannot integrate into Front to be handled there. Better Front integration for that specifically and in general would be a game changer for us. Would be great if names would update in Dialpad for the contact center from the Hubspot integration as well. Finally, it also often defaults to personal contacts over contact center contacts, which can make team collaboration more difficult.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

The startup discount was a big factor for us.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

Grasshopper's features were not up to large team collaboration.

Darien from Gateway Alliance Church

Quality VOIP system with learning curve

Overall, Dialpad has been an excellent VOIP solution that has allowed my organizations mobile workforce to continue connecting with our team and volunteers without being shackled to a desk phone. During the COVID-19 lockdowns, this furthermore allowed us to easily transition from working in the office to working from home, without disrupting our overall workflow.

Pros

Dialpad offers a number of comprehensive features that will suit most growing businesses needs, most important of which is the ability to take work calls from a personal cellphone. The product is easy to manage and configure, with good call quality (given you have decent internet) and even a cell-fallback feature provided you don't.

Cons

Dialpad's backend configuration is a little messy, making it difficult for people not heavily invested in learning the platform to configure basic settings (for instance, the call routing setting is hidden in a menu labelled "Business Hours"). For someone who did not help setup the platform and has little experience with managing VOIP offerings, it can be quite daunting figuring out the settings and understanding what many of the terms mean. Dialpad also has a few noticeable bugs; including a complete inability to handle longer MMS messages. It receives pictures and videos just fine, but should someone send you a longer text it starts breaking the texts into smaller chunks, and delivers the different chunks in a random order - making it nearly impossible to read through the original message.

Bryan from GMI

Industry: Facilities Services

Onboarding/Migrating

Onboarding was smooth. We transitioned from Mitel with 60 lines. Because the porting was so smooth, I was thanked for how well it went. We are so thankful to be out of Mitel services and into one system.

Pros

Mobile/Desk/Web-app allows me to switch between device seamlessly without the caller knowing. The call transcriptions and recording is great to review calls. I really like the Google integration as well.

Cons

I would like the API to provide call transcripts with Zapier. This will allow me to create a webhook I can then pass to my CRM to create a case if needed. Sometimes my mobile app on Android when my screen is locked and the device rings through Dialpad the app hides. I have to unlock the phone and by then the caller hangs up.

Integration and features.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

We had too many moving parts and needed vendor support.

Stephanie from Authorify

A good tool to communicate with your clients!

Our company used to have different integrated products -- one for texting, another for calling, and another for conference which can share screen! I realized with this, it has made my workload less! Also since it's all-in-one app, I don't have a lot of different apps opened at the same time! :) It lets me do a lot of things in one log in!

Pros

What I like most about this is that it has it all! I can send a text, I can call and I can do uberconference! ALL IN ONE!

Cons

maybe using their phone app! It is buggy. It shows me someone is calling me but when I try to answer, no one is there and when I go back to my desk and check on desktop app, it was a call I missed earlier that day!

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

it didn't allow us to text and do conference

Jim from Axiom Credibility Systems

Highly Recommended!

I'm a fan! Great system!

Pros

I love the integration with Gmail, the features and the month to month billing.

Cons

I would say that in the interface can be a little confusing at times.

Cost

Richard from Post Exchange Catering

Dialpad is a great office assistant

Being able to answer each call live has helped serve our customers better. Many of our customers appreciate being able to reach someone each time they call. Overall, Dialpad has helped us with our professional image and given us peace of mind that we do not have to worry about the app not working.

Pros

Dialpad helps us to always be in a position to live answer every call. The way we can have calls be routed to multiple people is a huge asset. If one of us is busy someone else in the office can answer the call. Another item we enjoy about the app is there are multiple features that will allow you to customize the app to your needs.

Cons

The main downside for us is occasionally our internet will be spotty and render the application unusable. That being said the "Failover" feature will route calls to my cell phone in that kind of event.

Ease of use Prompt response from support $$$

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

We made the switch for cost savings and a more dependable platform.

Chris from Federal Employee Representatives, Inc.

Industry: Writing and Editing

meeting our needs

Overall, I love the product. The ability to create dept's to assist in monitoring other employees has been exceptionally useful. Whether during vacation times or transitioning of new employees, being able to see, field and maintain calls that may have otherwise sat in voicemail helps to keep us up to date with all of our clients.

Pros

While our needs our basically simple, reliable phone service, the ability to text, the ability to review and save phone transcripts, uberconference have all proven to be very useful to us. Dialpad everywhere is excellent. It is great to have access across all my devices.

Cons

Hard to say least about any of it. Adaptability with Amazon Alexa has proven difficult, but not overly important to us at this time. I still am not certain of the benefit of integrating MS Teams as opposed to running it separate and independent.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Cost had a big impact as we were starting something new. The available features also helped in the decision. We have stayed because of overall reliability, excellent customer service and continuous updates and expansion of features

Steven from Vegan and Animal Professionals Insurance Agency

End-all for hosted phone / fax

Overall, it's the most progressive VOIP option with the most current and cutting edge features. It's also less expensive than the competition. I won't switch to another provider for the forseeable future.

Pros

Dialpad is one of the newest VOIP providers and feels that way- their design and feature set always seem to be a couple steps ahead of their competition. They pushed the softphone-forward model from launch, making deskphones a less preferred option. They integrate messaging fairly well into the app, and include all their features at one pricing tier instead of nickel and diming for upgrades. The app is upgraded at least weekly with tweaks or new features.

Cons

The interface still needs a little work; it's hard to tell when new text messages come in and there's no way to filter/sort/search in an efficient manner. Same goes for voicemails. The internal contact directory is helpful but not able to be "managed" in terms of combining dupes or bulk editing.

Modern Office Phone

Pros

Dialpad Talk provides a solution known as "Voice Intelligence," which provides AI-powered transcripts and call summaries that highlight action items and points of emphasis. The live sentiment analysis allows me to remind myself of the strengths and weaknesses in our previous calls with a quick glance.

Cons

The software can be a bit confusing to learn when first using it, but you get used to it.

Carlos from Asegura Insurance Agency

Asegura's review

benefit is I can use anywhere

Pros

I like the price, the extras it inludes and the quick chat response

Cons

Setting up the desk phones i a nightmare, and also the fact that each line has to be linked to an email is hard to manage sometimes especially when you have employees that sometimes are in different offices. I would prefer the line be standalone, not linked to an individual per say

I believe price

Price

Michael from M. Goldberg Law LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Dialpad is great

Dialpad is amazing and the integrations with other software make it the best VOIP system for my firm.

Pros

I love how this software allows me to transfer from my computer to my mobile phone seamlessly.

Cons

Sometimes the calls drop when transferring from data to cellular on active calls.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Dialpad worked better with other software that my firm usues.

Dialpad worked better with G Suite

Erin from National Midwifery Institute

Easy Transition. Great Ongoing

Consolidation of products- we don't need a separate conference call plan or a separate text platform.

Pros

With a sudden switch to remote offices we needed a system with direct lines, ability to transfer calls, video conferencing and FERRPA compliant texting. DialPad had everything we needed. Customer service was there at every turn to help us set up and even import or address book. We have had no issues with the calls, VM or video conference.

Cons

When you are receiving a call you must press 1 to prove you are not a VM. It increases the time the caller waits.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

DialPad had good reviews online. We did a trial period and liked the features. Customer Service was outstanding

Tracy from Rich Enterprises Inc

Dialpad review

Dialpad is great! My team is located all over the US and they all use softphones and really like the reliability of the service. I use the mobile app which is great as well!

Pros

Dialpad is easy to use, easy to train new team members to use and the service is reliable. We have worked with 10+ companies over the years and we are really big fans of dialpad.

Cons

The only negative that I can say about dialpad is their process for removing licenses is not easy. We were charged for many licenses that were not being used. Once addressed with billing, we have a new process in place and understand how to fix this issue.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

We switched our marketing team to dialpad due to poor service from the other company. We actually use dialpad and 2 other communities. Dialpad is used exclusively for our marketing team.

Flashy, Expensive, Reliable

Because me and my colleagues often work on the road or from home, it is essential that clients have a single number to reach us no matter where we are. Dialpad offers that, but only as a single point of contact for the organization (although I could pay a bunch more and have extensions or separate numbers, as mentioned above). The reliability is great, ease of use is ok, functionality for the price is low.

Pros

The interface is sleek, albeit a bit difficult to navigate. Once you know where to look for the functionality you need, it's great. The other thing I'd mention is uptime/reliability--I've never encountered a problem in that regard.

Cons

The thing that I would LOVE to see from Dialpad is the ability to have at least some extensions (for departments or individuals) without paying for them. Other providers, e.g. Grasshopper, offer this functionality as standard, and it is super useful. Even if Dialpad charged a couple dollars per month per extension, that would be fine. But as of now that functionality is not offered at a reasonable price.

Eric from Rayonier

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Happy customer

We are a forestry company, and most of our workforce is mobile, out in the woods caring for the trees. That we can have one number that will reach them no matter where they are is HUGE for us. The fact that their techs can troubleshoot call issues and fix them (or tell us what we need to do) is also great. Dialpad also can be administered by anyone with a half hour of training or less, so we don't need a dedicated phone tech anymore.

Pros

The flexibility and features are night-and-day better than the phone system we replaced. Ability to have phone calls to the office phone ring on our mobiles when not in the office is a favorite, as is ability to block calls from unwanted numbers. We love being able to start a call on one device and in one click move it to another -- like taking a conference call on the desk phone, and when it runs over schedule, move it to my cell phone so I can walk away but stay on the call.

Cons

Porting numbers from out old phone system was the only trouble we had, and that's not really Dialpad's issue.

Mike from EF

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy to use, deploy and manage

Dialpad talk gives us calls and texting in one platform. Before we would have to use two different solutions and now we can do it all in the same place.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up a call center, make edits, and create agents. Teams can manage their own call centers etc without the need to wait for someone else's help. Coaching Center is also a great tool for the sales training teams to use to help the sales agents

Cons

I wish there was a little more indepth integration with CRM's (salesforce for example) to do data dips into the database and route calls based on how that information is found. It would also be helpful if their voice intelligence solution had a way to block out sensitive information in calls (credit card numbers for example).

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

The need to move to a cloud solution.

MARIA from MODERN MESSAGE

Best decision ever!

The main issue we were trying to solve was providing a software for our remote employees to use. Because this software can be used ANYWHERE it solved our problem right away.

Pros

The interface is so easy to use and can be used anywhere. You don't need the traditional Voip system you can download an app to your desktop or mobile device and use Dialpad that way. It has saved us a lot of money because we don't have to purchase expensive desk phone and instead provide quality headphones that really make the experience so much much better. The software itself is very user friendly and integrates with Zendesk which makes tickets so easy to organize. All in all, best decision for our company.

Cons

There's not a lot but if I had to pick one thing it's that they don't support 1800 numbers. Not a deal breaker for us.

Zach from Farmers Business Network

Industry: Farming

Works great for most things, but integrations...

Pros

Ease of use, maintenance, feature set, and integration capability sets Dialpad apart. The mobile app is great compared to most other providers as well.

Cons

The integration with Salesforce and Chrome needs some attention as it doesn't always work as desired.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Text messages won the bid

Roni from Tcp

Great software

Has been very easy to work with and great software

Pros

They're easy to set up and continuously getting updates to the software

Cons

Really no con but it would be nice if somehow they integrated a video calls or have a zoom competitor.

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Great price and very easy to use

Jeffrey D from JDKatz, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Innovative Phone System punches above it's weight class

Pros

Ease of use and low cost set this apart from competitors. We dumped Shoretel system in favor of this system. We have no upgrade costs, and the service runs seamlessly from the cloud. I would never buy another phone system again, and can't believe how much money we spent on our old system.

Cons

Customer Service experience is hit or miss. If you don't have enterprise software package you can't get phone support by phone. It's odd that a phone company wouldn't provide telephone support. Once the system is set up, you really don't need customer support, but for those rare instances where it's required, e-mail doesn't always do the trick. Frankly, if I am calling, it's because I couldn't sort out the issue on my own or by e-mail.

Don from Alavon365

The VOIP app that I recommend for any digital or remote business.

I am able to manage my business phone line from my cell phone and laptop without having to purchase any new divices or phone lines.

Pros

Integrates with my GSuite account so login is easy. The app works perfectly with making and receiving texts and calls. The app also transcribes and records calls and voicemails which helps out a lot. Has all the features that you would look for in this kind of app like different departments, voicemail setup, hold music and a desktop app for making calls from you computer. Call quality is top notch as well.

Cons

Hard to think of a con for this one other than maybe the price being just a few dollars higher than it could be. But no real complaint there as the value far exceeds it for most growing businesses.

I Love DialPad but they are going up in price....

DialPad overall is great if it fits your budget. The features are convenient for you and the client. (you will need to download a mobile app or forward calls to mobile devices for now. DialPad is easy to set up and use. I recommend doing this during the day or during the week. I needed help from support and they were not available evening hours during the week or weekend.

Pros

Originally I was in love with the price... (started with dialpad when they had a "free" plan). Recently started using dialpad again and still love it. My favorite feature is the ability to text clients. Many client use their mobile device and it is definitely convenient. Shared view of calls help tremendously. There is no need to ask a co-worker, did they speak to a client or has a client called. The ability to see that information is at your finger tips.

Cons

The cost. With each number and "extension" the cost goes up. I desired to have multiple extensions route to one phone for a limited time to save cost but sort the client's need. These charges it what drove me to begin to shop again for a new phone solution.

Erich from Santa Clara County Dental Society

Software Killed the Telephone Call

Overall, Dialpad has been a game changer for me. Call quality is great. The software allows me to work remotely in Arizona while the rest of my team is in San Jose, CA. The end user has no idea that I'm in Arizona... it's a seamless experience for them. When the office phone rings in San Jose, my app notifies me here in Arizona. It's great that I can continue to share the work of answering phone calls with my team no matter where we're located.

Pros

Dialpad offers a versatile calling platform with a rich feature set that covers all of a user's most common needs. Do you want to take calls through your computer? Done. Through your smartphone? No problem. Both? Yes, indeed.

Cons

Some team members simply can't or won't let go of the traditional desk phone. My team has had a very difficult time with this. Half the team uses the app with a headset/microphone combo. The other half insisted on using Polycom desk phones. Setting up the desk phones was a pain. After setup, there was still difficulty. Inbound calls always come through on the app, but 1 out of 3 calls don't come through on the desk phones.

Great phone system

I run two businesses, this allows me to cut the cost of my telephone service. I had three POTS lines for one business with 7 employees, now we have a DID for everyone plus the main number at half the cost. My other business is mobile so this works great. Highly recommend it.

Pros

The ability to work anywhere and still keep in touch with my clients. This works with regular VOIP phones or apps for Windows, Android and iOS. They all work seamlessly, I start a call on one device and can switch it and the client is completely unaware. Let's me record calls and gives me transcripts of calls and analytics.

Cons

I can't think of any flaws with this phone system. I've had great luck, been with them since they changed the name from Switch.co

Geoff from Falcon Enclosure Consulting

Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Integration across devices

Overall, there are some quirks that you need to get used to or have a bit of a workaround for. Overall, it has been a good experience and call quality has been good. There was an initial lag when I first started using the system, but it has gotten much better.

Pros

It is easy to operate across multiple devices. With texting now being so prominent, it is great to be able to use it on the computer like instant messenger and also have those messages available on your phone as well.

Cons

Some issues in coordination between apps on the phone such as dialing into conference calls from calendar invites. Sometimes it won't accept the calls through dialpad, or it won't transfer the dial-in code to be used in dialpad. The other issue is with the main line that gets forwarded to operators. It does not show the caller id for the caller, just the number for the main line. Finally, it can be a little confusing on the phone because it connects through the carrier and shows a completely different outgoing number on the screen for New York of Florida most of the the time.

Good, solid phone system management tool

Dialpad has allowed our business to not have to be tied to a physical phone system.

Pros

Pretty easy to use and VOIP in general is great b/c it allows us to be very mobile with our business.

Cons

It's a pretty big pain that when we receive the email notification for voicemails, the system doesn't show the contact's name, just the phone number - even if the contact is saved in the system. So, like, I have no idea who the voicemail is from - it just shows me a number - I don't know if it's urgent or I need to ignore from the notice itself and if I'm on the run, it's a major pain to have to go back into dialpad or to have to listen to the voicemail right then. I'd like this feature fixed ASAP b/c it's a major drag.

Perry from Penguin Strategies

Greatest virtual phone system

Pros

The ease of use and setting it up. there is a mobile and PC/Mac app and call forwarding to any phone

Cons

It would be great if it came with a small amount of international minutes

Silvia from EF Education first

BEST APPLICATION TO WORK IN SALES!

I have been working with dialpad since 3 years ago and it has been very useful and very easy!

Pros

Dialpad is a very good application for calling and for working in a sales department. You have the opportunity of calling back the people who is calling you and you never lose possible customers because you can always call them back. It has a lot of options like recording the calls, measuring the number of missed calls, etc! It is very easy, intuitive and agile! Thanks Dialpad team!

Cons

The only thing I don't like about dialpad is that it is very difficult to transcript the voice messages that the customers left if the voice mail (to say something wrong)!