All eviivo Reviews

Hazel

Reviewed June 2018

Not just a software. Eviivo is a great team , ready to help,just what my small Guest House needs.

PROS

Easy to use and great reports available. The set up was very simple and the training provided on line was very clear and accessible. Excellent support from the Eviivo team throughout the period I have been using the software.

CONS

I am probably not using all the software to its maximum for my business; but this is my fault not theirs. I need to invest a little more time in using the software which will save me time in the longer run.

Kathleen

Reviewed March 2022

Really pleased with the solution and most importantly the customer service and communication

My sales and onboarding team were exceptional and appreciated the proactive communication, quick turn around with responses and commitment to help get us set up in the best way to support our business.

PROS

Eviivo covers the majority of our use cases: -Vacation rental reservation with individual home and property calendars -Rate management with multiple seasons for 3+ years (clunky implementation) -Venue calendar management -OTA integration with all major platforms -Quickbooks online integration for payment processing and accounting They are also very open and welcomed my feedback and enhancement requests/suggestions.

CONS

A little challenging to configure for our unique business model, vacation homes and wedding venues on a private resort/estate, but overall really pleased. They started in the UK and are set up to support an international market including the US so there are features and terms that don’t really apply to our market. A US product manager would greatly benefit them. They also need to provide the option to configure some key details at a system global level vs at each property as we needed to repeat entering details individually for every home. We only have 8 homes right now but this could be a challenge for larger vacation home businesses. However, it’s relatively easy to navigate through these. -Need centralized inbox within the application to handle all OTA communication and internal direct guest communication -Can’t support group bookings with our vacation home model of unique calendars vs hotel room types -Need calendar to show holidays for ease of rate setting -Need e-sign capability for vacation rental contract agreement and allow attachments with reservations -Need customized cleaning checklist -Need damage communication and billing process beyond the pre-auth for the deposit

Reason for choosing eviivo

They met my critical use cases and were proactive. Some vendors didn’t even respond to my request for more information

Audrey

Reviewed February 2019

Eviivo has been Very Harmful to our Business since Going Live

PROS

There are some useful software features to optimize OTA listings. Being able to manage multiple properties from one account is helpful.

CONS

Eviivo has been very harmful to our business since our Go Live date on 1/28/19. We expected that the Go Live process wouldn't be perfect, but their complete lack of customer support and communication concerning very urgent issues is unacceptable. Our properties are actively losing revenue every day this continues. Our customer service is suffering. We are unable to complete accounting reports and prepare monthly tax liabilities. For a company whose self-proclaimed mission is "to champion the independent sector and help small hotels, B&Bs, and accommodation providers succeed online", it is unsettling that our repeated requests for technical support have gone ignored. By limiting their clients' ability to govern their own account settings, Eviivo has made itself essential in this process. Not responding to support requests or even acknowledging them is simply unacceptable. The magnitude of the switchover from ReZovation is irrelevant; Eviivo imposed this deadline on its customers, not the other way around. The setup process was focused on making sure our properties were optimized for OTA searches rather than ensuring that our understanding of the process was clear. Most of the initial calls were a checklist to make sure we had pictures uploaded and amenities selected. Eviivo did not mention that we wouldn't be able to access something as fundamental as a Revenue Report or Occupancy Report without upgrading to the premium subscription rates. Eviivo does not understand their clientele; proactive customer service and guest recovery are important factors that differentiate small hotels from the large brands. Support isn't even available after business hours-- their business hours, not ours. Eviivo's website states that they have a guaranteed 24hr turnaround for their Support Query. Our guarantee has not been met several times over. Eviivo's indifference is inexcusable.

Hi Audrey, We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo. We experienced some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time If you'd like to discuss this with us personally please do provide us with some contact details and we'll be in touch. Regards, eviivo

Replied April 2019

Kathleen

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Eviivo saves our precious time

We are very grateful to everyone at Eviivo

PROS

Julie who takes care of us responds promptly and is amazing and kind.

CONS

Can't think of anything that has been difficult

Reason for choosing eviivo

Much study went into this decision but Eviivo offered us what we needed.

Alison

Reviewed December 2022

Keeping life simple.

PROS

I find the eviivo system generally easy to use and, if I ever have a query, there are 'how to' videos available as well as the online chat for support. I only need to update my calendar and rates in the one place and it automatically transfers over to the online booking agencies. All my payments are also handled by 'the system' meaning that I don't need to worry about that side of things. Why complicate things when you don't need to?

CONS

I can't think of any things that need to be changed.

Esther

Reviewed September 2021

Returned to Eviivo because of customer service

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been so helpful! I feel like I can call or email them at any time and they help me nearly immediately. Its so nice to have such wonderful service!

PROS

I like that I can take credit card payments in the software and that I have more access to be able to change reservations as I need to and as guests requests.

CONS

I am waiting for the mobile app to be released. In that past I found the app pretty useless. I am really excited to see how user friendly the new app is. I think I would like to be able to see the CVC number on credit cards once it is entered. there have been a few times that that card was not working and I needed to verify the information and it will not allow me to view the CVC number one entered.

Reasons for switching to eviivo

After using eviivo for years I decided to try Lodgify on someone else's recommendation. It was a horrible experience and made me realize how much I like eviivo. First Eviivo gives me more control such as switching guest's rooms or entering credit card information-- I could do neither in Lodgify. I felt very restricted and that my hands were always tied with that system.But the biggest issue I had with Lodgify was customer service. After the initial switchover was done It was nearly impossible to even get in contact anyone much less get someone to actually help me. Often I just got a voicemail asking me to call back later. Once in a while I would be able to get ahold of someone and I would explain the problem I was having and they would say a different department handled that. I would say "great, could I speak with them?"to which they would respond "No sorry we can't transfer to them, they don't take calls." "Ok can you have them call me?" and they would say "No sorry they don't schedule calls but you can email them if you would like." It felt like they couldn't be bothered to help me. I expressed this to them on several occasions but they didn't seem to care. I decided even though it was a hassle to switch back I missed the helpfulness of eviivo customer service. At eviivo I can call or email at anytime of they day and they immediately help me, going above and beyond. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] have been amazing and so helpful and I am so happy to be back with eviivo!!

Esther...thank you so much for the review. We too are excited about the updated mobile app that is coming in the next couple weeks. I think you will be quite impressed with the ease of use and functionlity. More importantly, we appreciate you calling out our team members for the helpfulness! The last 18 months have been a tough row for our industry...but hearing feedback like yours tells us we continue to make postivie differences in STR managers daily lives! Mike Weimann GM

Replied September 2021

Peggy

Reviewed January 2021

Eviivo does what I need it to do

eviivo was not easy to get up and running in my opinion. There are still things I don't understand. However, the chat feature enables me to get timely answers to my questions and the customer representatives are friendly and helpful. I haven't found eviivo to be responsive to phone calls or emails. A lot of the problem is due to my not knowing how to input information - set up rates, promotions, etc. but in the end the struggle was worth it. The system has been running smoothly for over a year now and I am happy with it.

PROS

In my opinion, syncing calendars is the most valuable aspect of the eviivo software. I no longer need enter reservations on multiple platforms as they come in - thus alleviating worry about double bookings. Also, I like having the financial reporting and calendars available for three properties in one place. I like having an historical record of guest information and reservations.

CONS

The learning curve was pretty steep and very stressful for me. My old software, Webervations, ended and I had to find software to takes its place. It took a long time to get eviivo operating the way it should. eviivo uses terms and wording that is European centric. Room titles and descriptions are not expressed in terms that would be typical for American travelers. Also eviivo does not permit syncing VRBO calendar, so my VRBO reservations must be manually entered on eviivo.

It was offered for those losing Webervations. It

Reasons for switching to eviivo

Forced to make the switch as Webervations was discontinued. I had used it for many years....probably over a decade and liked it. I would not have switched if I had a choice.

Hi Peggy. I manage the US operation for eviivo. We very much value your feedback and your patronage of our All-in-One eviivo suite. I am very much aware of what happened with the migration of more than 2k users in 2019. To say there were hiccups would be an understatement. Also...as eviivo suite actually provides so very many more capabilities than your old platform, and our platform at the time leveraged a more European nomenclature, your feedback about a bit of a steep learning curve then is understandable. The good news is that in the 13 months since your migration...a lot has happened with the platform. For one all of our modules now have very universal naming conventions. For example, the booking calendar that was previously labelled the Diary, is now the Property Manager. But, the most important statement you made is about your practice of inputting your VRBO reservations manually. You absolutely do not need to do this. I will have a member of team reach out to help.

Replied January 2021

Michele

Reviewed January 2021

Pretty good ...I am happy with eviivo suite..just some changes would be so much better. Thanks

PROS

I find the most difficult thing about this software is that it is not designed for dummies like me. I have to get help from the Eviivo team and get shown the path. Once I see the path I can follow through, however it is not intuitive. I find uploading photos very cumbersome and the way you have to save them...lengthy. That whole platform needs to be upgraded? I think the whole thing needs to be a bit simpler to use...as mentioned it doesn't jump out at you. I like the price point, availability of help, and the result of the booking system though. Thanks Michele

CONS

As mentioned above..sorry put the "least" in the paragraph above

Reasons for switching to eviivo

Eviivo bought out Xotelia. The switch over was seamless and well done

Debbie

Reviewed October 2020

Software with a lot of options!!!

PROS

I became associated with this software when the previous software company REZOVATIONS sold to Eviivo. The transition was a bit bumpy at first but over time Eviivo has become enjoyable to use. It has a lot of capability with a lot of options. Customer service is sometimes right on with help, other times I struggle to get a solution or a satisfying answer to my question or concern. I would like to see an improvement to the the ability to send email confirmations and correspondence to our customers.

CONS

I would like to see an improvement to the ability to send email confirmations and correspondence to our customers. It would be nice to be able to preview or edit the email before you send it to your customer. Some times it becomes this software makes it difficult to change the price of a room when you book it.

Reason for choosing eviivo

It became to difficult to switch. I really liked Rezovations!!!

We really had no choice

Steve

Reviewed September 2022

White Pine camps review of the Eviivo booking engine.

The transition from Weberations to Eviivo was horrible at first, given the terrible customer support at the time. But after the Austin support group was staffed and trained it has become one of the best support groups we experiance and is far superior to the OTA's Airbnb, Booking.com or VRBO's . Hats off to the current support group.

PROS

Robust functionality and the quality and quantity of the available support

CONS

Customers are not presented an overall view like the Planner view and are frequently confused by Eviivo's presenting properties that are not available after they specify dates and capacity needs. Customer reach out to us and complain about the process and we have to spend time with them to help and explain. When glitches and bugs occur in the software ( Like the event when Payments stopped or deposits suddenly included taxes) it takes far too long to correct the issue., (often 3 weeks+)

Reasons for switching to eviivo

Webervations was discontinued and purchased by Eviivo

Steve, Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate the candor. A couple items of note. First...your observation about our robust functionality / ease of use dilemma is common. eviivo literally has more than 30 software engineers that are constantly working on the platform. We purposely focused on making the platform more comprehensive from the beginning. Recently, we have worked just as hard to improve the ease of use & to improve our training. These improvements are continuing. In regards to your reference to the payments issue that occurrred, please note that was an issue with a merchant provider partner...not with eviivo. In fact, it was eviivo who pressed and found the issue on behalf of you and others. Lastly, we really appreciate your call out of our support team's performance. In fact, Capterra users have done the same calling out eviivo's support team as much better than industry average. Thank you for your continued patronage!

Replied September 2022

Donna

Reviewed July 2021

Eviivo was the suggested replacement for Webervations

This was presented as a option when the Chamber of Commerce in my community cut ties with Webervations. I made the switch, but at the same time listed my property on Airbnb. At this point the majority of my reservations come thru Airbnb, and they cost me much less than the reservations booked thru Eviivo. While I appreciate that guests can book my property directly without paying additional fees to Airbnb, the additional costs are outweighing the benefit.

PROS

More user friendly than Webervations was, but the additional costs are adding up. At this point I am leaning towards moving to Airbnb only. Much simpler model, lower cost and they handle my state tax payments for me.

CONS

In addition to paying a fee to Eviivo, I have to pay fees to a third party provider to process credit card payments. Unlike Airbnb, I am responsible for collecting and paying state sales tax. Eviivo touts the ability to advertise my property on other sites such as Home Away, Agoda, etc...but the fees are exorbitant. I am a small business and cannot afford to give up 15% to 20% of my revenue, which I could have rented the same dates thru Airbnb for a much lower cost.

Reason for choosing eviivo

At the time it was the suggested alternative to Webervations, and I thought it would be the product supported by the Chamber of Commerce. Unfortunately they decided to go in a different direction, and given the time and effort in getting set up with Eviivo, along with the 3rd part credit card processor, I decided not to make another switch

Reasons for switching to eviivo

Chamber of Commerce in my community cut ties with Webervations and Eviivo was the suggested alternative. After I made the switch, they decided to move to JackRabbit. I had already invested too much time and effort into making the change to Eviivo and didn't follow, so now I am no longer included in the Chamber of Commerce listing in Hermann. Unfortunately they have never been able to work out a solution to the communication issues between Jack Rabbit and Eviivo, which leaves me under advertised in my community.

Donna, First I have good news. The integration between eviivo and Simpleview (Jack Rabbit) is now complete. You can actually just opt in to that channel within your eviivo suite. Also, I have other pieces of news to share with you regarding all of the things that have happened since you were initially migrated from Webervations to eviivo 2+ years ago. I will reach out to your directly. Regards, Mike Weimann VP Sales - Operations - US

Replied July 2021

Petra

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2020

Very User Friendly

I was using it daily until COVID19 hit. Now I am getting a large amount of cancellations, but I am also blocking my calendar.

PROS

my initial training session was very important and over time - it is quite an easy system to use

CONS

Nothing so far, but I do need to take the time and discover all that Eviivo does.

Reason for choosing eviivo

something that was not complicated / user friendly / costs approximately $1 a day - same as Xotelia. We are a small Bed & Breakfast with only 2 suites and it was important I had an easy / efficient channel manager. The customer service support was also quite important. I do like their follow up and the reaching out to the business owners.

it was phasing out

Sean

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2016

7 years of pulling my hair out...

So many growing pains! We've had the software for about 7 years, and I have really mixed feelings. This product has so much potential, but it seems that it's being executed poorly at times, with perhaps some questionable development decisions. When we first began using the software, we had a credit card terminal to process payments, but opted to use the internal credit card processing for a more streamlined process. Initially, there were a lot of problems getting the systems end-of-day to correspond with the credit card processing end-of-day. This resulted in a challenge in reconciling our bank statement, because the amounts funded did not match the daily totals from the system. After a lot of time spent working on this, we were able to have this situation resolved, and the system worked okay for quite awhile. RezOvation is locked into using one of two (the second recently added) credit card processors. This in and of itself might not be a bad thing, except that in this case the primary processor is Intuit Payment Solutions. Intuit has chosen to implement policy restrictions on issuing refunds which boggles the mind. After 90 days has passed from the date of the charge, it's impossible to issue a refund back to the card that was charged. Unacceptable! For a resort that takes advance deposits, this is an unnecessary burden. It creates delays, additional workload, and negative guest experiences. Accuracy of reporting is a critical part of any PMS. It seems a lot of hotel software I have tried has an achilles heel in the reporting, not necessarily all reports, but each product seems to have at least one area that is questionable. RezovationGT is no different. On the Daily Summary report, there are categories that show totals for groups, and for advance deposits taken/ used which have no supporting reports to show how those totals are calculated. This makes it difficult to audit if the day is out of balance. The online segment of RezOvation is also very difficult to deal with. We originally had it set up so our guests could make reservations through our website via Webervations. It seemed to work okay at first, but then they went through a PCI compliance audit, and changed how payments were taken. The payments became "tokenized," so you could not see card details within the system. There were other issues with this process as well as batch-out time issues, which made it a no-go for us.

PROS

Ease of use. Support is always available during normal business hours, and no wait time. Customization of reports and letters. Automated letters for reminders and follow-up with guests. Excellent up-time. No Night Audit process necessary.

CONS

The largest problem I have with this product is the lack of ability to choose your own credit card processor. You are basically stuck with two options, Intuit (awful), and InnPayment which I have not tried yet. Our resort takes advance deposits up to one-year in advance of arrival. Many of our guests return year after year, and so opt to make their next year's reservation when departing. The problem arises if their plans change... Intuit will not allow a refund to a credit card after 90 days has passed, which means we have to write a company check. This might not seem like a huge problem, but the additional workload for doing refund checks, combined with the delays in check processing for our European customers makes it a customer service nightmare. I like the amount of customization options in the reports and letters, but the lack of code for certain things bothers me. Also, the lack of supporting detailed reports for some daily reporting totals (adv. deposits used) makes auditing difficult at times. The real problem seems to be the lack of supporting reports. For example, there is a daily summary report which has values for many categories, cash, visa, gift certificates, revenue, taxes, advance deposits, etc. The problem is that with some of the totals, you don't have access to a detail report to support the total, so it's difficult to audit out of balance issues. They have been working on it gradually, but there's still a couple of categories that need detail reports

Molida

Reviewed June 2018

Can be questionable

PROS

It provides the basic needs of any reservation software system. Being able to record gift certificates is a plus and the overall interface of it is pretty simple to understand and navigate for the most part. You're able to adjust room prices and minimum night stays and the reports aspect of it is decent too. You can customize the colors to differentiate payment statuses which always helps as well as customize and label colored flags to tag specific reservations all on the occupancy map.

CONS

The system is sluggish and very slow at loading anything. I've logged in from different computers and laptops, but it's not my personal laptop or desktop at work or my friends desktop that is making the system slow, it's the system itself. There is an update always going on and every update so far has not made the system more functional in any way or improved it by any means. I believe at one point that one of their updates had actually made the software worse. I don't like how it saves the same guest information over and over if that particular guest uses an outside third party website to make their reservations. It should be able to recognize the information and pull up that guest. It just makes it difficult to see thousands of names under the Guests Tab if you're wanting to search for a particular guest and it pulls up 10 duplicates of the same person with the same last name of the person you are looking for but with a different first name. That duplicate basically takes up the whole screen making you have to scroll until you find the guest name you're actually looking for.

Reviewed February 2021

Used by the #1 Small Hotel in the World

Our overall experience is that for us, we would have no need for any other product.

PROS

We have used eviivo since we started trading in 2010. Back then it was a PC-based product rather than web-based as it is now. Being web-based it has a zero footprint on our hardware, everyone gets the same view of the same data and updates to our room availability, and therefore updates to a potential guest's view and OTA's view of our room availability, are virtually instantaneous. That aspect is a critical feature, as indeed is the availability of access to the eviivo suite itself, and apart from the rare occasion of planned downtime, or a JCB digging through underground BT cables, we have otherwise never suffered a lack of access to the suite. It is also really easy to use (including the App version for mobile access) - certainly for the features we use, as I know there are a ton more of bells and whistles which we could tap into, but being only 7 rooms, the eviivo suite features we use at this price point are just perfect for us.

CONS

There is nothing for us to dislike. It does what it says on the tin. As for potential improvements, one thing I would really love to see is the ability to build and run bespoke reports. There are lots of canned reports to use, but sometimes there's just that little extra thing you need - but you can always ask their helpdesk

Reason for choosing eviivo

Ease of use, great interface

Reviewed April 2019

Even the IRS has better customer support

PROS

The software has some good potential. It's overall interface is nice and it should in theory be able to connect with many ota's.

CONS

There is practically no customer support in the USA. I realize they are quite busy migrating customers from rezovation to eviivo, but thats no excuse for completely ignoring your customers. we had a problem with our migration from Rezovation to Eviivo. A lot of our historic data from the last few months disappeared. I've left Voicemails and online queries for the last 10 days and no one ever returns my calls or respond to the queries. They have an online chat function which would be great for reaching customer support- but it's been unavailable during regular business hours for the last few weeks. I've had credit card payments that show as approved in their system, but their card processor, Cardpointe has no record of them and I've never been paid. One of our room categories has 1 king bed and a max occupancy of 2. I set it up in their system as a max occupancy of 2 but they are showing it in my online booking engine as a max occupancy of 4. They seem to not thing this is an important enough issue to warrant a return call. Overall, this has been a disaster. I was really excited to make the switch at first, but i never in my wildest dreams imagined that their guaranteed max turnaround time of 24 hours for support questions would turn into 10days of unreturned calls. If you are considering switching to eviivo, I would reconsider. Perhaps someday they'll get their act together, but that day does not appear to be today.

Hi Michael, We're sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with getting help when you migrated across to eviivo suite from Rezo. We did experience some difficulties in being able to get back to customers during this period and apologise for the service level during this time If you could provide us with some contact details we would like to be able to get in touch to discuss this personally with you. Regards, eviivo

Replied April 2019