• Pros

• "Easy to use, scalable to any size company and has a fantastic phone app."

• "It is very flexible and allows you to do a lot of what you need."

• "Very useful, you can have it in the comfort of your phone and it is what I like the most, it is easier to use and the customer service is perfect, very flexible and personalized"

• Cons

• "Can be difficult to implement, time consuming to create but saves time in the long run"

• "The software overall works correctly, the only problem I might say is that it is expensive compared to what other free software offer."

• "It's honestly pretty buggy. Like lots of little random bugs. It feels like a lot of the functionality was thrown together quickly, but it works for the most part"

Browse Front Reviews

Paul from Nimbl LLC

The Best Team Collaboration Tool!

My team is able to be more efficient and we all can see past comments and such so it makes our team more cohesive. Many times the client doesn't even know which team member they're speaking to because we are so united...because of Front. We are able to create Asana tasks directly from our Front inbox which saves some time. I am able to stay more organized and keep the cleanest inbox that I've ever had in my entire 20+ years of work experience. I can't believe that I could even live without Front before. I don't see how I can ever go back to the old way of just sending e-mails and losing the collaboration function that Front provides. One problem that many people have is tagging an e-mail as backup for a task or the like. With the permalink feature, we're now able to attach an e-mail string to any Asana task so that the we can quickly refer back to the e-mail without screenshots and the like. It's so much easier now to keep all of our information together without an overload of e-mail messages.

Pros

I love being able to comment to teammates and to create a client-specific e-mail for our clients to respond to in order for collaboration to be smoother and for communication to be shared. I like being able to share drafts with my team so that they can review and even send if needed. If my direct reports want an e-mail to come from me but want to be sure I say exactly what they want to be heard then they just type up the e-mail, share the draft and @mention me, I edit it, my signature automatically attaches and then I send the e-mail as if I had written it. It's actually quite brilliant instead of sending an e-mail to one person to review, you can share it and everyone can see the edits. I like how you can immediately see at the top the tags of whose folder you're in so that you don't have to search through the e-mail to realize where you may be or which client you're working with. I also like the feature that lets you know if one of your colleagues archive the message that you're currently looking at. It helps to know this so that you know whether or not you need to reply to the message or assume that they're still going to respond. I also love how we can snooze an e-mail until later so they don't junk up the inbox. I am usually terrible at just leaving my inbox full with unnecessary messages that I forget to get back to until it's too late. With Snooze, I now say goodbye for now and get it out of my mind completely and then am reminded of it at the appointed time.

Cons

I haven't really found anything that I don't like yet. One thing that may improve but is not a big deal is that tagging folders at the top right does not always work but if I drag the message to that folder then it does work. It would be nice if you could add an Asana task from Front without adding it to a project. For example, if it's a private task that I don't want shared with anyone else then I should either be able to make it private or not add it to a shared project. I was going to say that I would love to make reactions to the comments placed in Front but it appears that that option was added 18 hours ago so someone else beat me to the punch. It might be nice to have the option to add a follower to an e-mail thread but make it so that they cannot see any previous comments to when they were added. This would just make it so that you can share current information going forward but not include any past information that you may not have wanted to get into their hands. I'm sure Hillary would have loved that feature. One thing that I would love to add is an @mention to say something like @all or @everyone that tags everyone that is assigned or a follower to a particular e-mail comment thread.

Nic from Pacific Union College

A Great App for Unifying and Streamlining your Communication Workflow

Front has a positive influence on the way I process communication because it allows me to aim for and realistically reach inbox zero. This is possible by allowing me to either respond immediately to a message, snooze it for a later reply or most importantly to me, easily delegate the message to another team member while still being able to follow the conversation. These features allow me to realistically manage multiple inboxes and ensure timely responses to all inbound communication.

Pros

Front is a beautifully designed app for managing private and team emails as well as your company's other communication channels such as chat widgets, social media platforms and even SMS through a service like Twilio. I appreciate the thoughtfulness that has guided Front's development over the years. The Front team's dedication to optimizing the app based on customer feedback is evident in each iteration, and it's great that the Front app is regularly freshened with feature updates and additions. Today's existing integrations with Front coupled with new regularly added services makes Front the perfect platform for unifying your communication workflow. One "inbox" for all your accounts is awesome!

Cons

There are a couple of pain points for me when it comes to my daily usage of Front. My chief complaint is that at this time there is not bi-directional sync of archived or permanently-deleted messages. In my case, archives and deletes in my Office 365 account are synced to Front, but when I apply the same actions in Front, they do not sync to Office 365. This behavior is annoying in the context of my personal inbox—messages acrue and clutter the inbox—but counterproductive for a shared inbox with a mix of Front and Office 365 users. The obvious solution is to move all users to Front but in my case it is not realistic to onboard our entire team at once. Front should sync all actions back to Office 365. My second and last complaint is Front's calendar: it's not as robust as it should be if it's intended to be used instead of, say, Office 365. The experience for creating timed versus all-day events is cumbersome and to my knowledge, cannot be toggled between. Additionally, there is no functionality for creating recurring events. Unfortunately, my time is currently wasted switching between Front and Office 365 for simple calendaring tasks. I am looking forward to the Front team addressing both the sync and calendaring issues in an upcoming release. These pain points are partially behind my hesitation to push Front to all team members.

Ari from Compliance DS

Shared Email Tracking without the need for tickets

We had extremely too much email for an Outlook mailbox to handle, no SMS integration nor chat functionality. We solved all of that with Front. Now all of our communications are in one place for ease of use and management.

Pros

Front allows multiple teams within my company to manage massive amounts of email in shared mailboxes, meet or exceed customer SLAs and seamlessly integrate our communications with our management systems. We also like that we get all of the same functionality of email ticket tracking, but without the need for communicating the standard ticket responses and ids to our customers. It allows for a more personal engagement with our clients.

Cons

Our teams took sometime to get used to the new interface as it was difficult to pry Outlook out of their hands. However, once they got the hang of Front they loved the integration and tracking abilities that Outlook does not have.

Reasons for Choosing Front

We liked the email integration of front wherein ticket ids and perfunctory auto responses were not required, but we still got all the same functionality of other email / ticket tracking systems.

One of the worst email applications I've ever used

Pros

The overall look of Front is simple, which is nice. The snooze function on emails. The support staff were friendly and quick to answer.

Cons

My company switched my team over to Front after a couple people who shared an inbox had issues with managing it. I didn't have a shared inbox, but struggled with the lack of functionality for just personal inboxes. There are so many missed functionalities to Front it made my job incredibly inefficient. I found myself spending more time doing my job which consists of heavy emailing because of Front problems. 1. No calendar. Cannot make appointments, set up meetings, etc. 2. Unable to edit messages in a previous thread. Say someone sends you a list of questions. You cannot just answer next to their list in the previous email and say "see below." 3. Archiving messages... when we first switched to Front, the management team used it for a few weeks to test it. When the team was instructed to switch within the next couple weeks, and BOOM thousands of emails that Front could not autoarchive. I had about 10 emails in Outlook during the switch. The front inbox had accumulated thousands over the course of the management test period. Front could only auto archive shared inboxes, not personal. I had to spend 20 minutes selecting 3000 emails to auto archive since it didn't sync correctly with Outlook. 4. Saving emails... you can't. You only have the option to send a link of the email which only works for those that also used front. 5. You cannot edit pasted tables in front, as far as formatting goes. No deletion of columns or making rows smaller. 6. No red flags or categorizing. Often I'd keep emails in Outlook and red flag them to remind myself to check on it before I leave. No flagging in Outlook. This is replaced by snoozing in Front to make it reappear later, but I do miss the flag option. 7. You archive something in someone else's inbox that they share with you... it archives in their inbox, too. 8. No options to make folders. You want to move emails to a folder to refer to later? You cannot. I could go on and on and ended up emailing a list of 18 problems after using Front for the first 3 months to management who sent to Front support. The responses were basically they hope to rollout that feature one day. Which obviously doesn't help now.

Justin from Bellhops

Front Review

Overall, Front allows my team and I the ability to respond promptly to each mover around the country without having to switch screens.

Pros

I work at the HQ of a moving company (Bellhops) and my job consists of constantly messaging our movers in the field spread over 25+ cities around the country. The best thing about Front is the ability to prioritize messages involving conversations that are more pertinent than others. Some are urgent and need to be handled right away, and others aren't and Front allows the visibility to determine the difference. My personal favorite attribute is the 'following' inbox including all active conversations you're apart of.

Cons

It would be great to see front integrate with software used by our company so we wouldn't have to input new contacts once we hire a mover in the field. This may already be available, or in the works.

Front is the best Shared Inbox for collaborative customer support

Front truly is a dynamic tool for teams looking to improve their internal workflows for external-facing communications. There is some fantastic automation that is built into the platform that has helped streamline and build in consistency for external client-facing communication.

Pros

My favorite functionality would be the collaborative chat tools amongst team members for email threads. Its an amazing tool.

Cons

The thing I struggled the most to adapt to was the Tags functionality. It is not something we use daily but had a slight learning curve for me and my team.

Brittany from CFO Spark

Front streamlines all forms of communication!

Front allows us to automate a lot of our communication and integrates seamlessly with our workflow systems. It has kept my team organized and efficient.

Pros

I love that everything is in one place! If I need to see e-mails from multiple client inboxes, it's all in my team inboxes. I can also add as many personal inboxes as I want and all the emails show up in one inbox in Front with color tags to differentiate the actual e-mail addresses they came from. If I need to communicate with my team regarding tasks in Front, the comment tool makes it easy. I can use the Asana integration to create workflow tasks without ever leaving the Front app.

Cons

The biggest downside of Front is the pricing. It's a bit expensive for only being one piece of our operational tech stack but we think it's worth it.

Claudia from Partnerhero

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Experience using FrontApp

I am still using the application but I am uncertain if we will keep using it to track our metrics and performance. We have used other platforms and will keep trying others to find what best suits our needs.

Pros

My boss who is based in another country can keep track of my tickets and the times of response to measure my performance daily. I can follow up via email easily with all my clients.

Cons

The platform is too busy, I have all my emails in the same platoform making it too busy and it is challenging to find a ticket assigned to someone else.

Ryan from White Room Automation

Excellent application for bringing all communication streams together

Pros

Front integrates our accounting, support and sales contact streams all into one place. It also allows us to easily share project updates to the whole team

Cons

Front is not quite as good a general email client as GMail.

Greg from Clear Pixel

Better than outlook

Has made managing emails much easier. Definitely better than outlook

Pros

Makes managing incoming emails and shared inboxes much easier. Snoozing emails and arching system is much better than Outlook. Commenting on emails is also great!

Cons

Haven't really found anything I dislike so far.

Front has allowed our company to save about a 5 to 1 ROI in time savings

Major time savings and better organization is the key benefit we get as well as being able to build our own custom plugins.

Pros

Front allows teams to work in a more organized flow with incoming emails. One of the ways we have been able to utilize Front has been to group all emails for specific teams into Team inboxes and then team members can take emails out of the queue and work to bring the box to zero. This has saved us a lot of time from trying to organize emails in outlook. The main selling feature for us however was the ability to create a custom plugin in the panel on the right as well as pull data from the current conversation from the Front API that is well built. This allows us to customize our flow. Front also has several default integrations some more useful than others. They seem to be growing at a large pace so you can expect to see major enhancements with the product in the future.

Cons

The price can be a little high per user and the Enterprise version doesn't seem to offer the kinds of benefits you would want to see for such a large price jump. There also seem to be some features on enterprise that feel like they should be one tier down like user roles and authorization.

Matt from Instructure

Front is the best tool we ever added to our team!

Pros

Front is an amazingly powerful tool backed by a team of professionals who provide us with the ability to manage our email as a team. We work together to help our customers succeed and share an email account with Front we're able to assign out emails, have thread-specific chats by mentioning team members and use the Sequences feature to send personalized messages to our customers. Using Front has increased our communication internally and has dramatically improved our efficiency when addressing customer requests. Sequences allow us to stay personal and deliver proactive outreach without sacrificing time.

Cons

Front is a growing company which means they roll out updates from time-to-time anytime there are bugs they are quick to address the concerns. The CSM team and technical support have been super helpful anytime we've run into issues.

Response from Front

Replied January 2019

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We love helping the Instructure team be so efficient :)

Stefany from MRG.NYC

Organized and Efficient

My company uses Front in a way that it was not created. I say this because the company accommodated our use rather than letting us go. Because of this allowance, they have made our day to day use of hundreds of emails efficient and effective. We are able to assign incoming email, share with unlimited employees and a number of integrations keeps the app connected to our CRM and other integral apps. Folders allow us to keep a very organized view of our incoming mail stream with employees that are offsite or in different countries. The number one reason for choosing Front was their phone app. Beautifully designed and easy enough to use by my least technical employee with ease. Compatible with IOS and Android. There are regualr upgrades so they are a growing and innovative group of people. Their willingness to work with us and even take suggestions for upgrades was a deciding factor to stick with Front.

Pros

Easy to use, scalable to any size company and has a fantastic phone app.

Cons

No issues so far.

Stefanos from Resin.io

Excellent tool for a team that has a number of email accounts!

Centralized mail management was the main reason for choosing Front. It is a great tool indeed.

Pros

Front if used correctly can be a powerful service. We use it for our company. Everyone has access to Front with their personal account (after they get invited) and they can manage themselves which inboxes to receive emails from. The main features that I see are the following: - User friendly interface - Customization - Excellent support All in all I would recommend it for anyone searching for such a service. We are very pleased so far.

Cons

Front hasn't got many things going the wrong way. If I should say something that would be that at first glance it might be a bit too much and intimidating to have all those inboxes and emails coming in but after you find your way around Front you realize that it was just wedding jitters! Everything turns out fine in the end :)

Ethan from Easy Agent Pro

Front App made my customer support job a breeze 99% of the time.

Pros

The internal commenting system was instrumental to make sure everyone on the team knew where we were with a specific ticket. The ability to build custom modules for the program allowed our dev team to hook up our customer database to Front to easily search any relevant piece of info we needed without having to leave the program.

Cons

They recently updated the UI to be more modern and user friendly, but unfortunately hid or removed a lot of the features that were in the forefront with the old design. You can still access most of them, but they now require a few extra clicks, which can interrupt work flow.

Response from Front

Replied January 2019

Hi Ethan, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on the workflow issues. Our product development team is continuously working on improvements there.

Making Working Remotely Easier

Pros

I work remotely, as does the rest of the team I belong to, and using Front to coordinate client emails is essential to presenting a united front in terms of responses and feedback. The ability to tag, comment and reassign is especially helpful in providing clients with a consistent and uniform voice when answering.

Cons

If I had something that I like least about Front, it is the problems that can arise from someone re-opening an already archived email. It can cause the email to show up in the inbox of the individual who archived it and nothing can be done with it, and it is a pain to make it re-archive.

Response from Front

Replied January 2019

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on archive. Our product development team is continuously working on improvements there.

Great for collab, not so great for the budget

Pros

We love using this for syncing with Pipedrive - the implementation was easy. The powerful autoresponders are helpful as well. On any given day, we can have a different auto responder, which is great because we're always in a dedicated project on Wednesdays and out of office on Fridays. It's also a bonus that send later is active right out of the box - so when I'm working on emails after my kids are in bed they show up to my clients as sent at 7am the next morning. Set up wasn't too bad since I had already used Support Bee previously. The mobile app is solid as well, though my Android phone tells me it takes a lot of battery power. I wish it was listed as a native email provider on Andoid phones - so right now if I click on a email link in my Pipedrive App, I can't have it open in Front. Front is better than Pipedrive for sending emails since I can drop screenshots inline in emails in Front - something we do on a daily basis. I recommended this to a client who initially liked the idea that it connected with Shopify, showing order information beside each email (see cons for rest of the story). It's normal email stuff works just fine as well - removing formatting, adding bullets, bold, etc all work as expected. As an admin, I like having the ability to make sure my team is keeping on top of shared emails. Additionally, when a teammate needs some help on a message, they can share it with me to help advise them.

Cons

Buyer beware on the TOS regarding refunds. I set this up for a client and got them paid up as an annual client with several users. However, it wasn't a good fit for them. I was not pleased to find out Front does not offer pro-rated refunds, which is costing my client a lot of money and jeopardizing my relationship with them. Customer services was unsympathetic. For this reason I can't recommend Front anymore. If a user signs up with an annual plan, they will at some point be losing money, not saving it - unless they cancel on the anniversary of when they started. Just because it's in the TOS doesn't mean it's the right thing to do: Front is one of the companies that needs to learn this.

Front offers unsurpassed visibility between customers and your support staff.

This software is the only command center for support that you need to fully engage with customers.

Pros

Front allows my support team to fully engage with customers and each other across platforms all within Front. We're able to see the Tweet that customer sent and if they sent multiple emails about an issue. It allows us to give their time the highest value and the highest productivity for ourselves.

Cons

Their pricing structure is limiting with cost per user and price hikes for additional features that would benefit the platform and experience for every user. Their support staff can also be slower to respond than would be expected for a support platform.

Great Collaboration Tool but Highly Non-Customizable and Expensive

After a year of using it, the software has definitely shown that if you're not collaborating on emails, you've been missing out. BUT, the lack of flexibility in the software has me searching out other options for an email client.

Pros

This software makes it easy to collaborate on emails, gives staff accountability, has fair audit features, and if you pay enough money, the ability to create additional roles is also pretty nice.

Cons

No built-in spam filtering. Have to use your own email provider for that. Extras like additional roles and the ability to separate teams is too expensive. The software can't be customized aside from creating rules, which don't always cover what you needed done.

Response from Front

Replied January 2019

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We're sorry to hear we haven't completely met your needs. We are in the midst of re-evaluating our pricing so hopefully you can reconsider us again soon.

Neven from Better Mortgage

my review

Pros

I like that it pulls so many accounts into one area and lets myself and coworkers manage and send emails as a team from one box but also allows us to work individually. It really comes in handy to be able to assign emails to people and not have to forward and some how mark them to help stay organized.

Cons

The forwarding feature somehow got way too complicated. I am not sure why or how the simple method of forwarding an email got split into so many different categories of "in this conversation" "in a new conversation" etc etc. I just want to be able to send the email to others without having issues.

Response from Front

Replied January 2019

Hi Neven, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on forwarding messages. We'll pass this along to our product development team.

Caitlin from FLDWRK

Would highly recommend Front to any growing business

Pros

First, front streamlines all of our team communication in one place. It allows for teams to have visibility on incoming messages/inquiries, assign them to the appropriate staff member, and even have internal conversations/notes that are not visible to the customer. You can also set reminders, alerts (i.e. snoozing a conversation for a few days), and set time-saving canned/saved responses. It's incredibly user-friendly.

Cons

First, It's very expensive.

Sam from Lucid Software

Makes Customer Success Simple

We use a pooled system for our customer success team for accounts in the SMB segment, and Front is our new shared inbox system to facilitate communication between CSMs and customers

Pros

Used as a shared inbox for our customer success org and it solves so many problems. Shared inbox, Salesforce integration, and assigning tasks are some highlights

Cons

Madelin from Slingshot, Inc.

Front helps my company keep up with our work easily and efficiently.

Pros

My company is a call center, and we use Front to help organize and track our leads. Often our customer service department will take web chats, which are then viewed by sales through front. We really enjoy the ability to sort multiple inboxes, add tags as well as comments. We also have many users, so each representative can track the leads they have submitted, tagged or commented on.

Cons

We came to a point where our growth was too large for Front alone. We designed our own web application to work in tandem with front, because the reporting was not the easiest to use.

Adam from Pixel Academy

WOW! A must have if you work for a small business like mine

A++

Pros

Honestly everything, this app makes our emailing system so organized and easy. Everyone is assigned emails for which location they manage. In my opinion, it's the best app out for email organization for multiple users. Easy to use and we never have had problems with it.

Cons

I can't think of any cons for this app, it does everything we need it to do. Employees that we give access learn it so quickly.

Daniel from G-Style USA

Perfect Mail Organization Software

Pros

Front App, which is a mail management software, hits all the right marks. We use it for e-commerce and received 100s of emails a day. Front has easy to use Filter to filter out the important ones from the unimportant ones. We have used it for over a year and never had a single complaint. We love this app! Also, their customer service (which we rarely use) is A+ as well.

Cons

I think they adjusted their pricing a little bit but otherwise all good. We contacted them about pricing and were promptly grandfathered in with our original plan.

Vivian A. from PartnerHero

It allows you to sync your email and keep your mail organized.

I can answer emails on-the-go and it allows me to sync it with my salesforce account.

Pros

The interface is very attractive in comparison with other software. I really like the option that allows you to assign emails on-the-go and the way it organizes your mail. Also, that you can add your own automated responses which makes easier your workflow when sending important emails to clients.

Cons

I think the monster faces that the software had initially were a unique characteristic that nobody else had. You should switch back to that version or add the option. Usually, the app takes some time to load and it can be very frustrating. Seeing things load quickly, or at the very least improves the user experience.

Improvements in the past quarter

I liked it overall; it allowed my team to use a shared inbox, and assign 'cases' to others on the team. It was efficient, and had a great built-in tagging system as well.

Pros

There have been many improvements made in the past few months; the user interface is much more streamlined, and it has fewer bugs - I rarely experience crashes with this app.

Cons

I wish it could have been better integrated with other applications such as Outlook; it would be great to have integration with other tools and software.

Response from Front

Replied January 2019

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front!

Collaborative Inbox for Small Team

Pros

Front allows our small team to share an inbox of customer support emails, in addition to the calls we receive, and organize them to best see the types of emails that we are receiving. Additionally, the tags allow us to track what types of emails and calls we receive to determine our weaknesses.

Cons

I would like to see the calls and emails integrated into the same threads within the customer history page in a timeline. Additionally, I wish Front integrated with other software in a more productive manner.

MA from Spekless Inc

All in one messaging app!

Almost there, I'll give it an easy 4 out of 5 stars!

Pros

Great for business owners who like to have everything in one place! With the Front app, you can send and receive emails, SMS, chat in just one place! How cool is that?! You can also integrate other apps like Hubspot and create a mini CRM within Front where you could view all your customers' profiles. This eliminates the need to purchase another software for that purpose.

Cons

It's probably because it gets clogged with a heavy amount of data that it lags frequently. Although in my experience, it has never shut down for more than 5 minutes, this is still an area of improvement.

Buggy and slow product, with lack of attention to detail

Ability to respond to and manage emails as a team.

Pros

I can share and comment on threads with the rest of my team. As an admin, I also have granular control over users' access permissions to email inboxes.

Cons

The disregard the little details over and over again in favor of new updates. The app (iOS especially) makes me wait a lot of times when it shouldn't, making it feel slow in stark contrast to other mail apps. Things don't load instantly. Contacts aren't cached. Their UI designers blatantly disregard Android / iOS / Mac / web design conventions (which are there for a reason) in favor of their own convoluted system. Their release notes are boring and they make me update my app even when it's perfectly usable (this condescending attitude is particularly annoying). Many of these small glitches have actually led to catastrophic disasters within my team like unwittingly sending followup emails ("sequences") to 200+ recipients. My advice to them: focus on stabilizing your current, buggy product rather than trying to introduce a million features that don't work 100%.

Carry from EzTix Event Ticketing

Front is generally great but there are a few features that are not fully fledged out.

Pros

I love how it connects my other products and especially the feature about assigning or looping in other team members and creating a thread about an email. It keeps things organized and makes my life less confusing!

Cons

I don't like the send later functionality. The software doesn't mention or give the option to select time zone, which can be an issue when you work across many offices, and also doesn't have a summary or a warning before firing off an email. I think it would be more beneficial to schedule a send and then have the ability to edit the delivery time, access those emails etc in a clear and easy way

The absolute worst customer support I have ever experienced

The only reason we haven't left already is that we've invested too much time building a system in Front.

Pros

Pretty accessible to learn up front, but they are not communicative at all about the updates they release.

Cons

Front pays very little attention to user experience, as evidenced by the fact that they did not give users the option to opt of their Front 2.0 release. Our company's workflow was based heavily on the layout of Front's original version, and they gave zero warning about the enormous changes that were coming with 2.0. Additionally, their customer support team is an absolute joke. They consistently refuse to look into reported issues with even minor effort, and will often straight up tell members of my team that they are wrong about reported bugs rather than offer assistance. When one of my team members gave a front representative a poor review with detailed feedback in response to how he handled a bug report, the front rep actually gave my colleague a 1 star review in reply. Not a great way to run a company at all, especially considering that we are paying customers.

Response from Front

Replied January 2019

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we're really sorry to hear you are having a poor experience with Front. That is absolutely not what we strive for. If you would like to send your thoughts to team@frontapp.com, we'll be more than happy to take a look again and hopefully resolve your issues. Thanks for your patience!

Front has increased our efficiency

Pros

There is no question that Front has allowed us to internally increase our efficiency when it comes to handling tasks both internal & external. It's incredibly important that we maintain our image of being a responsive provider to work with, because our clients need to see the value factor present when comparing us to competitors. The ease of getting users setup & ready to assign/receive tasks makes it about as painless of an implementation as any software on the market.

Cons

Nothing substantial enough to include here--it's been a wonderful experience so far for us.

Wataru from Partnerhero Inc.

My comfortable office.

Without this email, I won't be able to handle my emails at the workplace. Oh, I forgot to mention that the "Undo send" feature saved my life few times.

Pros

Searchability of emails. And good integrity with other common tools including Slack, Trello and Asana

Cons

This is just a feature request rather than a complaint, but I can have all the conversations in an email opened by default instead of the collapsed view? This may save few hundreds of clicks per week.

I absolutely love Truly. I've been using this software for about a few months now and it's great!

The ability to work on shared emails and respond to emails efficiently. The ability to monitor the emails and provide QA feedback.

Pros

I love how easy it is to arrange your inboxes in an orderly way and how easy it is to respond and archive emails. It makes it look very organized - I like that you can have all company inboxes and anyone can work on an email. I like that I can mention a colleague on an email I want her/him to respond to.

Cons

I would like the option to see what my colleague is writing on a ticket that's inside a shared inbox. I think that would be a useful tool to add.

Kim from General Assembly

Email with built-in task management

I use front to manage my own work email and to manage and respond to a few group email lists. (Email addresses managed by multiple people). I can see what emails have been responded to and by whom, note who is owning what messages, and add tags related to subject / timelines. Using front helps me keep our customer-service facing email accounts organized!

Pros

I love that Front feels like a traditional email software, but it has built in features that make my job so much easier- I can add multiple tags to emails, add notes to colleagues, and can keep emails organized by teams.

Cons

There is not an easy way to set up out-of-office messages for teams. There are some work-arounds in the settings but if my whole team is out for a holiday, I wish there was an easier way to create a quick setting.

Response from Front

Replied January 2019

Hi Kim, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on out of office responses. We'll pass this along to our product development team.

Bhaskar from Wego

Simple and quickest way for the team communication

It delivers a great customer experience.

Pros

1) It's the simplest tool I have ever used. 2) Delivers a great customer experience 3) Your team members automatically get's the updates on the communication. 4)Team inbox has enabled us to be more collaborative and responsive to the customer queries.

Cons

I don't find any major issue except the pricing. I would highly recommend this product to everyone.

Amanda from Zeus

Now that I use Front, I don't think I could live without it

Pros

It does almost all of the things I want an email platform to do. Let's you share inboxes, tag, snooze emails, smart threading, and chat without forwarding. All great functionalities that make emailing less of a drag.

Cons

The search function is terrible. I swear it misses emails and isn't very intuitive.

Response from Front

Replied April 2019

Thank you for the kind words Amanda! We will pass your search feedback along to our product team.

Increased productivity, great for efficiency

Pros

Front has been great to have better interactions with customers and not waste time in unnecessary administration. This has greatly improved the response times from our team to clients

Cons

Pricey and a nice-to-have in some cases. If this is not something your organization struggles with, you might not want to spend the money

Jonathan from Partner Hero Inc.

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

This is a good basic platform for your customer care portion of business

Our experience as an internal-use product has been very good, we've been able to to keep track of any inquiry on a timely manner due to how easy it is to use this platform, I would just take some points off due to the fact that it is not the best tool to keep track of KPIs.

Pros

This platform is very light, it really allows you to get by your day without feeling you had to follow a too convoluted workflow since Front is designed to be very intuitive and easy to use, this allows for you to clear a high volume queue relatively fast.

Cons

It can come a little clunky since its meant to be simplistic, this can be an issue if what you are looking for is an advanced level of customer experience, and it could also affect the way you track your data since this platform is not too well versed on that department.

Response from Front

Replied July 2019

Hi Jonathan, thanks for sharing this! We're working on some analytics platform improvements later this year. We'd love to hear more about what your team is looking for if you have any specific requests around analytics, I'd love to walk through them with you! Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

November 2015

Nicole

November 2015

Awesome tool for inbox management

Our customer support team has been using FrontApp for the past year and it's totally streamlined our inbox management. You can comment on emails before responding, assign them to various people to respond, etc. It's so much easier to assign ownership to our team, to keep things from falling through the cracks.

Pros

They have a desktop app (+ mobile & web), they support multiple channels (emails, SMS, phone calls, tweets, Facebook messages, in app messages etc.), you can easily collaborate on drafts and see responses from different team members, email templates and reminders are very handy! If you want to manage your email all in one place you can add your individual inbox as well. And their customer support is top-notch!

Cons

They dont offer a live chat feature yet - we use Olark for that.

Hector from Partner hero

Frontera Is justo amazing! It males us as a support team get a really clear view of the user's issue

Pros

I like front's UI and how we can change themes. Also, the private and team tags is basic for our wupport team to have an easier way to track specific tickets.

Cons

I would love to have more fonts added, the ability to add larger files to our emails and more characters for the FB inbox.

Are from Hjelle Regnskap

KEEP AWAY!

Worst customer experience I have ever seen! They promised one price, but after about a year they suddenly doubled the price without even telling us. Suddenly 15 000 USD was withdrawn from our account. Borderline steeling if you ask me.

Pros

The way they priced the product before doubling the price.

Cons

Doubling the price without telling us. Stole 15 000 USD from our account and cannot explain how they calculated that amount.

Response from Front

Replied March 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Trust and integrity are critical to how we run our business and so we take these accusations incredibly seriously. However, we must correct the record. Our team spent considerable time explaining your invoices to you, tried for three months to give you a price similar to the discounted one you originally had, and extended the timeline of a commercial offer. We regret that you were still not satisfied with the offer and would be happy to start the conversation again if you wish to do so.

Wes from ClickUp

We love front, it's been a blessing to our customer service team

Pros

It's well organized and has a ton of features. They're constantly building new stuff and adding to the platform

Cons

Has helped organize email queues and gives access for all hands in the team to work alongside

It helped clean email queues faster

Pros

It facilitates the visibility of tickets for the whole team. Helps teammates collaborate and input opinions about what is the most appropriate response for one email. Maintains queues organized and separated.

Cons

The amount of inboxes can be overwhelming if not all are used. Open tickets might sometimes be dismissed or forgotten due to the fact they are already assigned to someone else.

One of the best communication softwares out there

Front App offers the whole thing you would desire from a team-based support and email management system. The pricing form may not effort for all types of corporation.

Pros

In this modern era, we are paid for numerous prospects to modify the world, and even fewer while these prospects are with a collection of diligent, compassionate, and modest persons. I can effortlessly say Front App is one of these prospects. In my time here, I have been continuously challenged by the working team's grit and inquisitiveness; asking hard questions to explain hard problems. Furthermore, I am continually enthused by how everybody celebrates their achievements or be trained from their stumbles with an air of elegance, forever determined for the continuous enhancement as an individual, for their team, and for the corporation.

Cons

Individuals here are super fervent concerning what they achieve, but occasionally that can direct to irregular work/life stability. It is also quite costly.

Mike from Vindy HQ

Best email app out there

Really, really good!

Pros

Easy set-up, great usability and finally a good way to work on emails together.

Cons

Nothing about the Front email software. The Front chat software could use some optimization I guess. For example: I don't think the messages in the Front app are clear wether it's an email or chat. While chat is more urgent than responding to an email, it would be better if these two are more separated from each other.

Front is amazing!

Pros

Our entire team can communicate and find customer orders in one easy place thanks to front. We can add comments to orders and all be in the loop with a moments glance!

Cons

We miss the previous version which had a gray screen versus the white, harder on our eyes in a bright office.

Response from Front

Replied January 2019

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front! In case you missed it, we rolled out dark theme so you have the option of more contrast in the app :)

Nathan from Slingshot

A Flexible Software that you can fit to your needs

Front is very flexible we use it to house all our emailed leads and we use it as our system to respond to chat. It has some limits but we have been able to do a lot of what we want with it, and it wasn't originally designed for that. It is however very expensive, so we have limited our user pool. Overall a good software.

Pros

It is very flexible and allows you to do a lot of what you need.

Cons

It is very expensive per user.

December 2015

Daniel M.J.

December 2015

The Future of Email

After being a loyal user of Front since I came across their website about a year ago, I couldn't even imagine using another email client. Front has made a tremendous impact with a number of organizations I consult with, significantly improving internal communications between team members and improving efficiency... in fact, I constantly find myself recommending Front to people I am speaking with. The team at Front actively listens and implements feedback from their users. They are constantly shipping new integrations and improvements. I would highly recommend Front for any organization looking to stay innovative, it's going to be the future of email.

Pros

Easy to use Always updating Always adding new integrations Great user interface Mobile app Affordable

Cons

I can no longer use any other email clients