What are GoldMine Premium Edition users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using GoldMine Premium Edition software through verified user reviews

• icon"All saved and easy to find. Love the Universal search feature in addition to the ability to search by individual fields."
  • icon"Ease of use and able to get a good picture of our sales efforts. As owner, I can easily track the calendars of my associates and their sales efforts."
  • icon"As our company has grown, Goldmine has been quite expandable and customizable by our wonderful vendor For Him Consulting/John Neighbors."
  • icon"No web based interface or mobile app. X is complicated to install on users pc's and was not a SQL back end so it was hard to maintain."
  • icon"Now under the new owners they acknowledge that the current version has a serious defect but refuse to resolve that defect unless you pay the annual update charge."
  • icon"Also when you are using two screens when manuvering from one screen to another you tend to loose some of the data and have to start over with what you are doing."

Browse all GoldMine Premium Edition Reviews

• Have you used GoldMine Premium Edition and would like to share your experience with others?

Adria

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Goldmine is the memory machine for our business

Amy

My daily life-line

Pros

Goldmine has a wealth of information on all my transactions with the customer. I can use the history notes to remind me of the last conversation I had, because I talk to so many people I don't recall each and every conversation. I would not be able to function without this software.

Cons

It would be nice if there were more searchable fields in the tabs sections.

Patrik

It was amazing in its time, but not so relevant today.

During the time I used it, the support, the ease of use, and the customer support was beyond the Industry quality standards. 10 out of 5 stars!

Pros

The filtering capabilities was ahead if its time for contacts, contractors, clients, and every varying data base. The entire interface within one screen is a sweet spot that even the more expensive or inexpensive CRMs today lack. Than to scroll up and down the screens to find the information. Very similar to Maximizer.

Cons

For the price, it still doesn't include as many other useful apps. But perfect for basic tech users.

Reasons for choosing GoldMine Premium Edition

The filtering systems are very precise. Easiest interface to navigate. Excellent support. Excellent documentation On-board teams were very supportive

Reasons for switching to GoldMine Premium Edition

We wanted to customize our interfaces to suites our custom needs both web based and an executable desktop app for both Windows and Apple.

Troy

June 2022

Archaic CRM

If we could convince the client to move away from it we would. But they, understandably, feel stuck. Moving CRM platforms is such a major undertaking...

Pros

We use this CRM in the marketing context for a client. The Client's IT put it into place a long time ago, when maybe GoldMine was a great new CRM. We like very little about it. It does have the ability to be highly custom coded, so that is good.

Cons

Just about everything. It is an old, out of date, out of touch CRM platform. It is not intuitive at all and everything of substance needs to be coded into it rather than having a new style elegant dashboard that many people can program.

Paulette

April 2022

Keeping track of next actions

The end result was worth the time to customize and train.

Pros

Being able to write notes, to be able to personalize contact as well as give access to others that may require to know previous actions & results.

Cons

The customization was a lengthy process then training users. Don’t rush implementation.

Stephen

Going from strength to strength

After 18 years it goes without saying that the overall experience has been better than just good! In this day age the sure volume of competing products makes it attractive to change but if you value quality and service above attractive discount deals etc. then it just makes sense to stay with Goldmine

Pros

I first used Goldmine nearly 18 years ago and often products with that level of longevity cease to remain relevant and at the cutting edge of their industry! Not the case with Goldmine, they have made the product better with age!

Cons

I used to have an issue when it came to support but in the last few years this has greatly improve d

Reasons for choosing GoldMine Premium Edition

Initially cost but the platform is so user friendly I found myself relying on it more and more

Jennie

Goldmine - Needs a revamp

Pros

It was easy to navigate and had a large storage capacity.

Cons

Overall its appearance is very outdated and it allows duplication of records and storing of incorrect data. I was in charge of clean up of a system that had been in use over 10 years. 30,000 records and most of them had problems. There should have been more support on set up to avoid that issue.

March 2022

Cumbersome and Confusing For Average Users

It worked when it was set up by a professional, but with virtually every customer we installed with, the learning curve was such that they couldn't do any simple changes themselves. This includes the smallest things - adding a field, adding basic automation (like sending an email with information based on criteria coming in from a lead), etc. I've been a developer / implementer for many CRMs, both paid and free CRMs, and Goldmine was absolutely the most difficult.

Pros

Interface is customizable, but only with a lot of advanced knowledge of the product.

Cons

The learning curve on this software was impossible for most customers. I acted as an implementer of the product, doing server installs of the "host" as well as deploying to laptops. For most businesses that don't have a full time person for CRM, this was useless. They spent more time on with customer support than necessary, due primarily to the steep learning curve on everything from interface to automation to day-to-day usage.

Reasons for switching to GoldMine Premium Edition

Ease of use, ease of operation, ability to simply train customer to handle most of the day to day necessity of using their product.

Marc

2.5

1.5

February 2016

Goldmine Takes a Licking and Keeps on Ticking

Pros

Goldmine keeps our lead and customer database organized and accessible, almost 24/7/365 for close to 15 years. We're still running on Standard 6.7 server/client and cannot find a decent alternative to match it's capabilities. I like their licensing model, as there are no recurring monthlies, like SalesForce, and other cloud based CRM's. We have few issues with the email client. The WebImport is almost rock solid, once set up. Our initial database customization still models our business perfectly, with relatively few field additions. Understand that in 2001, there was nothing close in function or price. It is robust, and we have used around 25% of it's capabilities. It is wonderful software.

Cons

As others have said, their licensing, upgrading, and company support leave much to be desired. We run a 5 license office, that current only has two active seats. Any upgrades require purchasing a 5 seater, plus 5-seat annual maintenance plan. There are issues with synch, and with more modern web access, that are solvable at a relatively high add-on price. There is a significant learning curve (though once learned, it's a breeze) especially for administrators. Setting up user-defined fields and custom user screens is tedious, and takes much more than basic understanding of systems and data. Maintenance fees are excessive. Read the other comments.

Eddie

Goldmine is antiquated compared to modern CRM systems

A lot of traditional fields in CRMs are not where you are used to where they are being, and does not seem to be as customizable as competitors.

Pros

It was fairly inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. One of the only CRMs that you do not have to have monthly subscriptions, but that's because it runs locally which is actually more of a disadvantage.

Cons

They market the product's advantages are that there are no subscription fees because it does not have to run in the Cloud. However, that is one of the dangers of using the platform. If something happens to your physical computer hosting the platform, you lose all your sales contacts and data from many years. I think that's too big a risk which is why most CRM platforms are hosted on the Cloud these days

Reasons for switching to GoldMine Premium Edition

We immediately switched back.

Marina

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Ehh... There are better softwares out there

While Goldmine did get the job done for the most part, my university's admissions department eventually upgraded to another software due to Goldmine's limited integration capabilities. Since we were using the program to manage our prospective students, we really needed a software that could not only store information about those students, but also enable us to communicate with them through the software and schedule their visits to the university through it.

Pros

For the most part, Goldmine did what it needed us to do. In my university's admissions department, we were able to keep adequate profiles on all of our prospective students, including our history of communication with them. I also liked that on the left hand side of the program, you could see a running list of the student profiles you were previously viewing, so it was easy to jump back to their page if need be.

Cons

Goldmine is not the most intuitive program, nor does it have a very modern interface. It's also significantly limited in its integration capabilities, as it would not let us communicate with prospective students directly from the program, and it would not let us schedule their visits to campus. This meant that cut down on the efficiency of our office's work.

The good "old" goldmine is still here to serve

I have to use it on behalf of (you guess it) senior clients. To be honest if i choose to use a CRM in these days i wont choose Goldmine, but after i obligated to use it i really think it deserves a chance. And that the software is not that bad. It's a decent CRM at least.

Pros

The segmentation is very useful. You can select whoever you want from your customers within a certain criteria and send them notifications, emails, or call them. Super helpful!

Cons

The search feature is not that smart. Either you type it right (the name or the company) or you lose it in a ocean of data. There are problems too with: integration with outlook, a herd of bugs roaming the areas (i.e crushing, slowing down), and an outdated UI.

Clients requirements

Jason

GoldMine is a great CRM product that's feature rich and easy to use.

Pros

Love the ability to customize all the tabs and screens easily to accommodate our companies needs. Also love the ability to link emails to each customer record so all correspondence can easly be seen.

Cons

no web based interface or mobile app. 6.x is complicated to install on users pc's and was not a SQL back end so it was hard to maintain.

Gard

I've never experienced a more buggy version that this latest release.

Pros

What I've always liked about GM in the 20 years that I've been using it: that in looking at a contact you can see all communication for that contact, regardless of who had the interaction with the customer.

Cons

That I keep crashing with Outlook. Not being able to use email and calendar with Exchange (without using Outlook). I know it's "very complicated" but for me it would solve this whole GM link nightmare and allow me to have emails, contacts and calendar on my mobile device. Yes, it's great to be able to look up a history on my mobile device, but for me, that's 5-10% for the time. If you really need to work with GM remotely, use it on a laptop. No auto-correct for spelling.

Travis

Goldmine is one of the best CRMs

Pros

We were an early user of Goldmine and have seen a lot of improvements from the original design and version

Cons

Setup of some automated workflows are cumbersome to setup

Martin

Midrange Tool for Customer Management

Goldmine is our core client database and it links directly to our quoting package.

Pros

Goldmine is generally easy to understand and use. It comes with a basic set of reports and is extendable with some basic report writing skills.

Cons

Search can be cumbersome compared to other database tools. Large collections of client information (over 15,000) records tends to slow things down a bit.

Outdated for the use in today's business model

Pros

Decent user interface. That is honestly all I personally have to say about this application. I used it for several, years at a previous employer and even went to a class to manage the database side for customizations.

Cons

It was not an easy product to work with and was extremely difficult to manage with multiple users. There were limited functionality and ease of use is not something I would relate to this application.

Ken

Goldmine, Evolving or Escaping

Goldmine have for quite a while had a stranglehold on CRM for the desktop. Their product is feature rich and amazingly customisable to your needs. Moving away from Firebird to SQL did bring some problems in the early version but now they seem to have a handle on it. Unfortunately, they still have not improved their customer facing services very well. Very slow to respond to requests, or better still sell you a product without support from the developers. I first went to Goldmine because it was recommended as the perfect fit for a small family business and I only needed to buy one licence. Then they lost their way and decided only big business was in their best interest. No more single licences and having to buy a minimum 5 licences when I was only ever going to use 1, and then having subscription on those five licences simply became uneconomic for us. The product is great the back up, from my third party support people is great, the attitude and concern of Heat is not. I will keep using the software because there is literally nothing else on the market that comes close to the capabilities of the product. And Goldmine DOES NOT have to have an internet connection to work in it. A very big bonus for remote parts of Australia where internet is still a pipe dream. The installation MUST be undertaken by a professional though as it is difficult, must be done this way and look out if you have problems. I will still recommend this program for the company looking for a great, all in one, CRM system that can be a standalone or work with everyone in the company. Just look at your costs though, you can't support the product yourself.

Pros

All in one place CRM, Very versatile and customisable. Does not require Internet access. Very stable and mature product with Sales automation.

Cons

Expensive to purchase. Expensive to install Expensive to maintain, must be a Goldmine Guru or Technician.

Adria

Goldmine is the memory machine for our business

I begin and end every work day in Goldmine - it is the center of my business world. It is how I communicate with customers, keep notes pertaining to particular customers. It is where all email correspondence that I send out originates from. It is my go to daily.

Pros

We have many users and Goldmine keeps track of all of them, our calls, our email messages, their products, the serial numbers, a record of all that they purchased from us. Customer purchase dates or evaluation dates as well as if they are in contract or out of contract. We create groups when we need to send an email to customers in a certain location to attract attendees when we visit the state for conventions or association meetings.

Cons

We have had e-mail trouble over the years and not everything is easy to understand but over time you pick things up that make the program more and more valuable everyday.

Reasons for choosing GoldMine Premium Edition

the features that GoldMine Premium assists me is keeping track of what we do with what customers thereby creating a history for each and every one of our customers and what we have accomplished with and for them. I really like that.

Reasons for switching to GoldMine Premium Edition

Our in-house program was not feature rich and did not suffice.

William

CRM for Small Sales and Marketing Team

We've used GoldMine for many years and it works well for our needs. We don't have the requirements to adopt one of the better known solutions.

Pros

Our team of 10 people, working from multiple offices, has real-time access to all interactions with customers, partners, and prospects. We rarely encounter problems.

Cons

It is easy to inadvertently create multiple records for a single company and it can be hard to find the forgotten name of someone you contacted a month or two ago if you can't remember exactly how they or their company name is spelled.

Reasons for switching to GoldMine Premium Edition

Wanted more centrally controlled database where we could set up and enforce company processes and standards.

Dario

more than 10 year user. Good program but new users take time to get in

we are using it in many marketing process

Pros

It's 10 years that i'm using it so i know how it works and it's fine It has some good features We still use it because it has great external utilities ( GoldBox, DBX Data Management) that allow us a full integration with our ERP without them Goldmine would it be useless Affordable cost

Cons

Data structure: very very old (it suffer from long heritage from dbase era) Interface: very old it needs a big review and redisign Lack of deep information about the software: you need to build a monument to DJHunt and other people like him that let all of us to know Goldmine WEB interface; still too limited and very bad compared to other products web-based, Maybe a Goldmine APP can be another good option Frontrange is too distant from their customers : we are payng every year a fee only to receive a very light update and only few bugs corrected, please be more present in the new forum.,SA user and company we need to know clearly where Frontrange want to go with Goldmine. We invested years on it but it seems we are abandoned and alone

Fast and efficient CRM

It allows me to control my contacts and engagements efficiently. The reports that I've customized are invaluable to my business.

Pros

A single window pane look at my day. Contact search center gives me a flexible way to find contacts. The knowledge base feature lets me build my own KB on any subject. Customized SQL queries and reports help me make sure my work gets billed. The value of the software greatly exceeds the cost. This is the third CRM I've used over the decades, and the best by several magnitudes. There is an active Forum membership populated with some very knowledgeable people.

Cons

So many features that it's hard to locate a solution in the docs, which are in at least two manuals that are very long. Some features are documented in subsidiary manuals, which is good, but still takes time to find answers. You need to have a good relationship with your reseller to answer questions, no matter how experienced you are with software.

Marsha

I like that it is an all in one CRM tool for contacts, marking and sales, and customer service

Pros

I became familiar with this product over ten years ago and was impressed with its functionality. I have found that quite a few CRM tool have modelled their solution off this product. I use the Email, note, and customer interaction tracker for each of the customers and also suppliers. GM makes it easy to quickly find out what your last communication with that customer was, and also where to go from that point. All users can use this system at the same time and make updates and I like that it shows who made what change.

Cons

If a contact is duplicated it does not tell you instantly. It would be helpful if there are a popup to tell you if this contact you are creating exists. Reallying on sql can be a bit tardy and tricky. You can download the trial to see if you like the product which I found to be very helpful for some users.

Nathan

It's 2017 and Goldmine still doesn't allow usernames greater than 8 chars. Very outdated software.

Pros

The ability to customize the front end and open-ended nature (e.g. no wrong way) of using Goldmine.

Cons

- Database and table structure is completely outdated, inherited from the 1990s - Constantly run into issues with GMBase and Contact Set database issues, since that is shared and we run into problems when trying to restore a Contact Set database onto a new server on its own - Can't create usernames over 8 chars (c'mon, really? That was a problem back in 1998) - Poor use of tables like CONTSUPP where it's stuffed with all manners of mixed data. CONTSUPP stores additional contacts, website addresses, linked documents, etc. The database tables needs a complete overhaul to have fields and data put into their right places and respective tables - Having dashboards is nice, but it has no ability to use proper SQL stored procedures that utilize temp tables and table variables. Thus limiting it's ability immensely - Goldmine Web is a nice direction but still very buggy, lacks many basic features, and has no ability for technical admins to customize on the user end - Goldmine support is not terribly helpful most of the time, and don't seem very technical. The ones who are technical are condescending

Heiko

Using GoldMine since 1999 (LAN-Version!) still very helpfull in daily business

Quick workflow, very good overview about my work and team actions

Pros

1. Internal Email client is very helpful (even if it has some bugs). 2. Outlook-Integration is the best I know. 3. Ticket-System is very helpful (even you cannot link an activity to Ticket+Opportunity/Project) 4. Knowledge Base is very helpful 5. Undocked GoldMine is great on Laptop and on separated sites. 5. QuoteWerks-Integration is great!

Cons

1. Datamodel Account/Contact: their should be a separated Account-Database-Table 2. Activities should be linked to Ticket AND Opportunity/Project parallel (you have a project-Issue and want to link activities to the Project as well as to a Support-Case). 3. WebClient: not enough information on the screen, layout not really configurable (place Fields / Details where you need them)

GoldMine Premium Edition