• Pros

• "I love that I can sync my phone contacts. It makes my life much easier, whenever I get a new phone."

• "I love the fact that google contacts keeps all my contacts in one place. It has been a blessing when changing phones!"

• "I love how the ease I use of this software is. Just sign in and all your contacts are loaded automatically "

• Cons

• "Not aesthetically pleasing, but practical and reliable. "

• "The only con that existed they have seemingly already fixed. The contact photo option was limited, but has since been resolved in that you can now view the whole picture."

• "It would be great if there was also option to save list of connections or sms conversations. That would be really helpful."

Browse Google Contacts Reviews

Yaroslav from The American College of Greece

Another great addition to the Google ecosystem (perfect if you have android phone)

I really enjoy using Google Contacts and it is y main tool to work with the Contact Book.

Pros

I love the robust functionality of the Google contacts and all the options there. Also, there are a lot of integrations that I can use as well as a nice sleek design that will make it easy to work on your contacts seamlessly.

Cons

At this point, I can't say that Google Contacts miss something. Such kind of programs to do have many requirements. However, I would suggest the team to focus a bit more on possible extensions to the tool such as better importing, migration etc.

Reasons for Choosing Google Contacts

For the same reason, I had already several accounts in Google and it was just a matter of convenience.

Ralph from Grey Orb Digital

This is a lifesaver!

Pros

These are my favorite features of Google contacts: 1. Automatic Backup and Synchronization: The backup and synchronization feature is indeed a lifesaver. And, I can put my mind at rest, I never have to worry about losing my contacts because I have it backed up in the cloud with just a few clicks. Also, I can access my contacts on any device so far it's connected to the internet. That is an amazing feature! 2. Contacts Labelling: This is my second favorite feature because it makes communication a whole lot easier for me. I can find any contact quickly even if I haven't memorized the details. 3. Multi Accounts Compatibility: This allows me to group my contacts under different accounts, and synchronize with a particular account in the cloud, which is good for organizing my contacts. 4. Duplicates Finder: This makes it possible for me to easily declutter my contacts list without having to do it by myself.

Cons

There's nothing that I don't like about the software.

Can't not use it. But I wish they'd make some improvements.

I don't find Google Contacts to be the easiest thing to navigate or do what I want to do (too many clicks to add someone to a group, for instance), but it's aesthetically appealing and gets the job done. I can't get around using it and I have to admit the group function (while clunky) is indispensable for me at this point.

Pros

Obviously it very easily integrates with the whole Google suite, which is great. And I like being able to set up groups to easily send to.

Cons

You can't select WHICH address for someone you want included in a group. So if you know someone from work and personal life and you want a specific address in different groups, you can't do that. It's maddening.

Beaton from Afrobloggers

Online contact manager

Ever since I stared syncing my contacts via Google Contacts I have never had to worry about losing a number or contact detail

Pros

Google seamlessly synchronises your contacts between devices and emails making you never lose a contact detail again

Cons

Updating the uploaded contacts is not as fluid as one would wish and sometimes you keep getting a sync with same wrong number you are trying to get as it will overide giving preference to contacts already in the cloud storage

Elaina from America and Beyond

Never forget and Email name.

Great experience and I am a huge fan of Google tools overall.. This one really keeps me connected.

Pros

I love that years can go by and as long as I remember a name or part of a name the suggestions all come up. I have been using it for years and its one of Googles best programs.

Cons

There are no dislikes. It helps me keep in contact with all my contacts

Melissa from Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.

Industry: Supermarkets

Personal info at your fingertips

Like all Google products, Google contacts is very user-friendly & very simplistic. I wouldn't trade it for any other software

Pros

It's easy to use & very simplistic in design. There are the most basic options people normally need & search for.

Cons

There aren't many options for individual contact & only set groups that can't be added to or changed.

Edy from Myron

Industry: Graphic Design

Mas simple imposible

Se siente mas confiado y seguro al momento de hacer un cambio de movil ya que podemos contar con ese respaldo de contactos en la nube, realmente es muy util.

Pros

-El programas es muy simple de aprender a usar, sobre todo su versión de escritorio o web. -Su funciones de exportar e importar me parece una manera muy adecuada de tener un respaldo extra de los contactos. -Como también clasificar los contactos como favoritos y los destacados ayudan a encontrar mas rápido los contactos. -Y por ultimo el identificar los contactos duplicados es lo que ayuda a mantener realmente una lista de contactos adecuada. -Esta integrado a android

Cons

El poder sincronizar desde un celular android siempre me ha parecido un poco complicado, haciendo énfasis en el alto grado de uso de nuevas tecnologías que tengo, no dejo de pensar en un usuario nuevo o no tan familiarizado con la tecnología, como también su integración a IOS que podría mejorar

Reasons for Choosing Google Contacts

ya que es gratuito, se integra a la misma cuenta de gmail, y esta presente en android

Tobi from West Coast Baptist College

Great for backups

Pros

Google Contacts allows important contact information to be backed up. This can also sync between platforms and be linked to desktop and mobile.

Cons

Not aesthetically pleasing, but practical and reliable.

Joseph J. K. from West Michigan Massage Therapy

Useful because I use all the other google products

Pros

The application does its job and integrates all the different products in the google suite.

Cons

the application doesn't seem to get online updates or any serious research and development.

rachel from Dunkin

Google contacts

Been using Google contacts for years and it works awesome

Pros

Cons

I don't really like how they haven't updated the software lately. It could use a new look

Nathan from Dotcom Zambia

Google Contacts is the swiss army knife Contact app

Pros

Google Contacts is a good app for managing and syncing contacts across multiple devices. It leverages your Google account and backs up your contacts to the cloud so you can keep them all in one place. The best features include: 1) Sync & Backup contacts between accounts, as you add accounts to your phone, you can add contacts from multiple accounts and sync them there. If you change contacts on one account, they sync everywhere including on the web. 2) Merge Contacts - One of the problems with contact apps is sometimes you have duplicate contacts, but with Google Contacts, you can easily merge contacts so that one name shows all the numbers for one contact. I am yet to find an app that works this well. You can also import & export contacts from other sources and sync them to your Google account. 3) Did I mention the free part? Well Google Contacts is free to use as long as you have a Google account.

Cons

Google Contacts is very basic for contact editing. The number of fields you can use to edit are limited. The only other gripe would be the lack of an Apple app to replace the equivalent on iOS.

If you have an android, you need this!

Overall experience with this application is very easy to use especially with its multi system integration. Just need a little more contact management fixes!

Pros

Google Contacts is a a simple yet amazing software. If you have multiple devices, this application is able to sync contacts anywhere. It goes very well with your google account where everything is stored in the cloud! Basically, everything is stored in one place so you don't have to go searching everywhere to find one single contact etc!

Cons

Sometimes there are duplicates that appear in your contact list and it would be great if the application was able to recognize this so I don't have two pages of the same contact. Other than that the application is great! It functions just the way you'd want it to.

David H. from IBM

The only contacts database that I use daily

Pros

Device and application-dependent contact lists were previously a huge frustration for me -- having to re-enter the same info over and over in all my frequently used apps. As soon as I started to use Google COntacts I knew that the productivity improvement would be amazing. I use a chromebook and Android smartphone, so the software integration benefits are many for my situation.

Cons

Other contact database applications have more 'fields' where you can store categorized or free-form data, but this limitation in Google Contacts has not been a significant issue for me. That said, every time they enhance this app, I've noticed the productivity benefits.

Jesús

Very efficient app where I can take my contact everywhere I go

Pros

This nice looking app its so helpful and it allows me to send mails to multiple contacts at once. Great to back up my contacts and to take them to any device I use. There are no more worries that I might loose some contacts because I know they are safe with Google Contacts. It's very efficient, easy to use and to download the information. Also I like the way it enables a way to see my favorites, recents and contacts by only swiping right and left easily. No backup problems for me with this app.

Cons

Please come up with something to automatically delete the duplicates. A feature to also have sms backup would be amazing.

Great for Organiziation

My overall experience with Google Contacts has been awesome. I have all of my contacts in one simple location and I can use them from any device I choose!

Pros

I am a proud user of Google Contacts! It has actually been a lifesaver to me on many different occasions. Google Contacts, saves and syncs all of your contact information across all of your devices. This makes it really nice if you are out somewhere and need to access your contacts information. It is so easy to use and extremely user friendly.

Cons

I have not found any cons about Google Contacts at this point in time. It has been nothing short of awesome for me and my company.

Mike from Urban Camper - Mike Calabro Photography

Industry: Photography

Mandatory for any android users and highly recommended for Iphone users.

Pros

I can't imagine using any other contact app. If you use Android and do not use google contacts you are missing the point. It is fully integrated with other Google apps such as Gmail. It automatically backups all of your contacts to the cloud so if you ever lose your phone you don't have to start from scratch. Finds and merges duplicates. SHows recent conversation notes Free,

Cons

Since Google has a massive amount of data on everyone, I wish that they would use it for good. It would be nice to have google fill out more items in my contact list automatically such as birthdates and profile photos.

Best Contact Manager I've Been Using Since

Pros

Google Contacts keeps all contact information of my friends, family, relatives, and everyone I communicate. As a long-time Android user, Google Contacts has always been my helpmate. Whenever I change my phone, or even I'm not using my phone, I can always have access to my contacts, everywhere I go. I also do not need to fill the same contact information again and again to my other devices—I can just go to my Google Contacts and it's all there!

Cons

I don't have anything against Google Contacts. I can't imagine using any other contact management platform. It's the best for me.

Jesús Noehi

Your contacts safe and always available

Pros

Like all the google apps, it can be accessed from any device that has access to the internet. Thanks to using it I havent lost a contact in years. I can change the phone without worrying about losing contacts since all are stored on the cloud thanks to google contacts, just need to login on the new phone with my google account and it automatically synchronizes.

Cons

I havent been able to set it as my default contact list when Im saving a new one, havent been able to find out. Besides that I dont have any problems when using it, I recommend it to all my friends, family, etc.

Not sure what I would've done without this before iCloud

Pros

All my phone contacts are synced to Google Contacts. I'm an iPhone user, so by default I do have iCloud. But before iCloud existed, storing contacts online was non-existent. If you lost your phone or if you accidentally deleted a contact, they'd be gone forever. Google Contacts eliminated this frustration by allowing you to sync real time with your phone contacts and online. It's a great back door feature to have.

Cons

No Apple app as of now... I think there are 3rd party ones that allow you to sync your contacts online. Would like to see one get pushed out.

September 2016

Patrick

September 2016

Great Contacts App for PC and Phone

I have used Google Contacts to manage my contacts from the first day I started using a data phone. It was easy to setup my contacts on my PC and then have them appear on my phone. Managing contacts is also very easily done. I highly recommend using Google Contacts to manage your contacts.

Pros

You can use your phone or PC to manage your contacts. Don't have to worry about backing up your contacts. When I change phones, no problem my contacts load right in.

Cons

Would like to see an easier way to manage and display group contacts.

Everyone you know in one place

Pros

I have been introduced to Google Calendar via Android platform. The default phone app is connected to Google Calendar, so whenever you save new contact detail it automatically syncs to Google Calendar. This means when using Gmail they come up in directory. Google Calendar also analyzes the contacts, merges duplicates.

Cons

There are two versions of Google Contacts, new and old. Some features are not available on newer version, some are not available on older version. You need to go back to old version to access importing the contacts.

Kevin

Have Contacts Everywhere for Every Phone

Pros

Of course the most major benefit of Google Contacts is that you can access your contacts list through any device anywhere and I personally have carried the same list for almost 7 years without any issues. If you need to export your list to a CSV they dont try to make you jump through three million steps to get to it like some other contact list services.

Cons

There is really no transparency on if your list is shared on the web or not I mean at the end of the day this is a cloud service.

Christopher from Amazon

Google Contacts review

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. The application suggests adding information when there is a number or e-mail address present. With the google integration, I can access the information if I do not have my phone. Also, when switching phones, I only need to log into my google account to access it on the new device.

Cons

Because this is product that fills one direct niche, there is nothing wrong with it. It is a contacts client. Maybe being able to add/edit information could be easier.

Google Contacts fulfills its purpose for providing quality "one-and-done" application

Pros

Google contacts is not necessarily superior, but shows no defects in its use. Contacts are clearly displayed, information regarding each person is easy accessible, while providing a platform that any user can understand in less than 5 minutes of use.

Cons

Oddly enough, google contacts has no cons, in my eyes. Beyond aesthetic updates to the system, Google Contacts fulfills its purpose and is right where it needs to be in the market for contact databases.

Simply the best

I've never had an issue keeping all contacts with Google Contacts. I love the search functionality, ability to add notes, etc. Really a standout.

Pros

Cross-platform cloud-stored contacts, Google has it down. Easy to use, has everything you need and works extremely fast. There's no downfalls to mention really.

Jeremy from Richey May & Co., LLP

Powerful Tool!

Pros

Google contacts is great for organizing my contacts list. It is easy to search, edit, and customize contacts. I love the fact that these contacts are connected to my Google account so that when I switch phones, I am able to maintain my old contact lists.

Cons

I've heard Google contacts has been criticized for low resolution contact pictures, but, I don't have a lot of contacts where I use photos, so I am impartial to this criticism.

Zachary from St. John's Catholic School New Haven

Google Contacts - Very Helpful!

Please see above - Contacts has been essential for our email platform, and now integrating calendars and Meet sessions.

Pros

Google does a great job of integrating contacts with their other software, so it loads for Gmail, Google Calendar, or Meet, among others. It's very helpful and organized!

Cons

N/A - We have loved our experience with Contacts and haven't found there to be any issues. You can even edit contacts if something changes over time.

Google Contacts is where I store my contacts

Pros

With Google Contacts you can store all your contact information in one central place. The application is available on both Android and iOS as well as on a desktop. Google contacts also merge duplicate contacts, also adds social profiles to the contacts too.

Cons

Google Contacts also received Google Material Design elements, making it easy and pleasant to use. There are no cons to be mentioned for my use-case.

Vishal from DXC Technoogy

Ease of use

The thing I like most about this application is the easiest way of connecting and updating the details across all devices flawlessly.

Pros

1. The easiest way of connecting and updating the details across all devices flawlessly. 2. An additional field like birthday and contact type makes it amazingly great to use. 3. Adding custom pictures to contacts makes it amazing to use.

Cons

I do not find any cons of this application.

The address book what is available from anywhere

Pros

I think it is all about Google, when you are already in other Google apps, it makes sense to use Google contacts. You can use it anywhere you can log in into your Google account. Sometimes I can use my Google address book from other apps and platforms too, it is easy to synchronize

Cons

When I started to use Google contacts it was a bit complicated for me to set up the different group of contacts. The other small issue was that the contacts deleted from the list in some time were appearing on the list again, so I had to delete them twice

Varun from QBurst

Automatically syncs all the contacts we emailed to all the devices signed in

Pros

I have a very old gmail address which I have tons of contacts. 2 years back, I bought an android phone and signed in with this gmail address and I surprised to see the default phone contact list is filled with all the contacts I emails in the past. This was a bonus for me and I started to use Google contacts seriously after that. There is no application for android but the contacts will be automatically imported to the default phone contact database upon sign in. All these contacts can be accessed for link sharing feature on Google spreadsheets and google doc etc..

Cons

The contact list is not completely importing from the email database as I can see. I have seen several contacts that I emailed in the past but not in the contacts list.

Rahel from Vartise

Seamless syncing...

This is very convenient for people who use multiple devices and require seamless syncing.

Pros

The sync feature is smooth and allows all my contacts to be on all my necessary devices instantly. I can easily import and export contacts whether needed.

Cons

It would have been nice if we had access to more fields to add more information to each contact. Other than that, I have no other gripes.

Vishal from Alvarez & Marsal

One of the best contacts database you can have

The overall experience has been good except the duplicate contacts part.

Pros

Very easy to learn, use and integrate across multiple systems. The best part is it's integration with different systems such as Mobile, tablet or PCs just using a single login.

Cons

Managing duplicate contacts could be a little tedious at time. There could be an option which highlights the latest saved details for a particular contact. Also, for the apps that use contact details - it shows multiple contacts in the contact list - this could be annoying at times.

Good contacts management option for basic needs

Pros

It makes sense using Google Contacts if you're using the rest of the Google ecosystem and, especially, Android. This makes syncing across devices seamless and fats, as well and it syncs with Gmail.

Cons

Sometimes the way in which Google Contacts automatically adds new contacts makes little sense and I'd recommend adding new contacts manually just to be sure.

All contacts in all devices

Pros

It was a real issue to upgrade to a new cellphone until this integration finally worked. Now I have all my contacts and can even edit them easier on a computer and have them ready in my phone

Cons

the "find duplicates" feature could do better to get to merge them. Some repeated numbers with different name should be found and given the option to merge them

Daniel from New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Must Have Contact Organizer

Pros

I've been using Google Contacts across my Android devices and through the web for years. It has the best cross platform support for syncing your contacts across all of your devices.

Cons

Rarely Google and other contact accounts could get into a loop on a mobile device, generating lots of duplicates. This has become more and more rare with time.

Priscilla Anabelle from Mohukees Design & Copywriting

Google Contacts make sure you won't lose numbers again

Pros

With Google Contacts you don't need to be afraid to lose numbers anymore whenever you changed or lost your mobile phones. Plus it allows you to integrate with all the other Google products.

Cons

Google Contacts is so helpful I don't find any bad features. Google Contacts works with both Android and iPhones. I cannot think of any disadvantages.

Simple Contacts App, gets the job done

It is a good experience of keeping all my contacts in one easy place.

Pros

It is very simple and it gets the job done. It also connects with other services to keep everything easy to use and convenient for the company,

Cons

It stays in the backgrounds and sometimes it does things you are not sure you understand so sometimes it could be more transparent.

Frederic from John Clarcq

Industry: Music

Could not imagine something better

Pros

Yes I am a "google" fanboy. This is just something that also completes the circle of the overall "Google" experience. Just love the way my contacts are synchronised

Cons

Sometimes can easely make double contacts... especialy when you have different e-mail adresses from the same person. Of course, you can adapt that afterwards.

Tóbiás from Information Technology and Services

A handy tool for managing contacts

Pros

I use Google Contacts (and its ancestors with different names) for over 10 years with no troubles. Its clean and straightforward UI helps me every day to organize and easily find my contacts.

Cons

The deduplication tool could be improved: it could run automatically and would be nice if it finds names from obvious e-mail addresses.

Seamless experience across departments

Pros

It's fast, it's seamless, it integrates with everything.

Cons

If a user/employee leaves and you forget to transfer a shared calendar to a new owner, it's next to impossible to recover it. We were able to work with our IT department to temporarily reactivate it, but it wasn't easy and we ended up having to recreate shared calendars.

Stephen from Kenmore BC Consulting

Keeps your contacts handy no matter which device you use.

Pros

Keeps your contacts available on all your wireless devices. Allows you to link the email address, street address, phone numbers, other personal details of your contacts, in a unified manner.

Cons

As with all of the information you share with Google, your information may be used in ways that you might not agree with.

Great for Maintaining Business Contacts

Pros

- Seamless integration with Gmail - Automatically updates contacts from Gmail - Gmail will give autofill recommendations for address based on Contacts - Easy to manage and update

Cons

- Sometimes name will not match between Contact and name on email - Should automatically remove contacts as emails become disabled

all my contacts always available

I syncronize my phone contacts and my Outlook contacts

Pros

I don't even know that I use it, it's simply always there. If you have Android phone you will never risk losing your contacts again. I also sync with Outlook.

Cons

Nothing to say, it's simple, functional and it does what is needed. I cannot find any negative point.

Ashley from Ashley's quick clean

I love it for the most part I will always use google contacts

Pros

I can easily store my business contacts. When u get a new device all i have to do in sync from Google Can access my contact from anywear

Cons

I don't like how it will duplicate them some times. Then it seens as i have bunch extras

A free tool that can save all your contacts

Pros

All you need is an google email id to link all your contacts All the contacts are saved in cloud, so, even if you lose your phone, you can still get back all your contacts.

Cons

Duplicate deletion process seems good, but still it can be improved Apart from this its a good tool to rely on.

Tierra

Industry: Packaging and Containers

This has been my go-to for years

Pros

It syncs well with my Android phone contacts and allows me the ability to quickly search, access and contact my lists while on the go.

Cons

I really dislike how it auto saves everyone as a contact, even manufacturers that I just email for a quote, therefore I have to do a weekly declutter.

Adam from Marketing

Using not even knowing it ;)

Pros

- Seamless integration with Android phones. - Option to edit contacts on web app at contacts.google.com - Merging duplicates. - Clean and minimalistic design

Cons

Przemysław from Squiz Poland Sp. z o.o.

Contact with your... contacts

Pros

When you change your phone you can export and import you all data to Google Contacts, because it's coupled with Gmail. You can easily check and manage your contacts.

Cons

On some phones with Android I can't see if this contact came from Google Contacts or from the SIM card.

Lokwatamoi from Dance with Loki

Google always hits it out of the park

I think that the experience has been great. It really helps me.

Pros

I am always really happy with Google products. I use Google Contacts all the time. It helps keep me organized.

Cons

I think that Google Contacts is a necessity for me, I've never found anything that could replace it.