All Guesty For Hosts Reviews

Guesty For Hosts Review: Perfect messaging for automation

Uy

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Best in Class everything for a reasonable price

YourPorter saves so much time and it just works.

PROS

Automated Messaging is killer. Truly flexible in so many ways. For the price this is the only app where you can sms guests and your team.

CONS

Improved website templates and booking widget would seal the deal

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

Lodgify advertised everything but lacked the depth of Lodgify. For example, with YourPorter, you can schedule automated messages any day, any time. With Lodgify, you're set to their schedule. YourPorter also exports full details to iCal so I can integrate with Zapier and my Rental Lock Automator. Lodgify's iCal export has so little data, it's basically useless.

Rachel

Reviewed December 2023

Great for Certain Functions

It's good, not great! Not bad enough to switch.

PROS

Ease of calendar and monthly invoices, I like that it integrates with Turno and door locks. Auto messaging Works great with AirBnb amd Booking.

CONS

Functionality and Messaging on VRBO is horrible. It messed up my listings 3x and said I had way more beds (like 16 or 18 per property, when it only has 3-4, and said it only had 1 bathroom instead of 2-3). Customer service is a joke. Sometimes takes days to get a response. No live chat or calling features. Most of the time the first and usually second reply don't even answer/understand my question and then its a back and forth. It took so long to set up, as does any channel manager, so I'm dealing with it instead of swtiching.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

No VRBO messaging feature, auto messages were difficult and glitchy.

Cliff

Reviewed August 2022

Mobile. Universal. Failing.

I have been a ProHost on Guesty for Hosts (formerly known as YourPorter) for many years now and only after testing/comparing nearly every short term rental software on the market in excruciating depth. At that time back in 2019, this was truly the premier option for managing a handful of short term rental properties quickly, efficiently, and from any device. The Porter team felt small, but development was rapid and support responsive. Most/all of that changed with the acquisition and rebranding into Guesty for Hosts. Customer support responses are canned, generic, and generally careless. Significant bugs, including major ones that mess up pricing when used with industry standard smart pricing tools, break availability windows when toggling between options, and mandate force-quitting the iOS mobile app on every relaunch are persistent and unresolved months after being reported. While I still love the idea of mobile-first channel manager with the features and flexibility that Guesty for Hosts offers, the growing list of major bugs that cause me hours of troubleshooting and self-solving are growing old and I am beginning to start looking/testing other channel management tools that work more consistently and reliably, without costing an arm and a leg.

PROS

Automated messaging includes several features beyond the industry standard dynamic tags from customer reservations like if/then messaging criteria that can be used to create advanced guest upsells based on whether or not there are guests checking in before/after others, whether a guest has completed the integrated check-in form, and how many other reservation variables such as min/max guests, min/max stays, and days to check-in. Additionally, the mobile-first UX of the product makes managing on smartphone (almost) as easy as managing on desktop, with most/all features available on the go, even if things like messaging templates are largely unusable given tiny text entry fields and dated web-frame based UI. Lastly, integrated direct booking capability provides additional revenue opportunities for hosts with chops to register their own domain name and promote their own booking capabilities to avoid the 20-30% platform tax.

CONS

Ever since the Guesty acquisition customer support has gone off the rails: support inquiries are generally responses with canned/generic responses, new features are nonexistent, and longstanding bugs in the software (like the one that can't unblock availability in your calendar if/when you change the availability window) will cost hosts who use the product real dollars. Additionally, the dated mobile interface, while undoubtedly innovative back in its day used a dated, cross-platform technology that's largely just embedding sliding webpage frames inside of a local mobile app. This has led to the need for me to force-quit the iOS map nearly *every single time it's launched* in order to even view/access the calendar on an iPhone.

Reason for choosing Guesty For Hosts

Originally: mobile-first design that allowed 100% management from mobile interface.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

Greater features and mobile flexibility.

Laurin

Architecture & Planning, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Easy to Use, Helpful for Multi-Channel Managemen

Great, easy to use, easy to set up and reliable.

PROS

I love the calendar integration and automated messaging, it just makes the management seamless.

CONS

Price Optimizer hasn't been working for me, the prices are too high compared to other local rentals and thus my place hasn't been booking.

Thank you Lauren, for your stellar 5-star review. Your support means a lot to us and helps others discover the benefits of Guesty for Hosts. - The Gueaty Team

Replied March 2024

10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2020

Great feature set, good value

Overall very positive - good set of features that work well and take the effort out of listing a house(s) on multiple rental channels. The feature set compares well with others in the market and *if* the Airbnb ranking booster works (I'm not sure it does yet, but here's hoping!) then it's worth going for YP over anything else out there just for that.

PROS

Love the automated message function which I use for automated booking, check-in and check out messages. I has saved me a lot of time and works brilliantly! I like being able to sync prices from Airbnb to Booking.com (with a % markup to account for higher Booking.com fees). The rating booster and auto-snooze seem like good ideas, but unfortunately I haven't seen any improvements in my ranking since I started to use.

CONS

The timeline only seems to pull in a few entries at a time before needing to make another network request to load some more - this results in repeatedly seeing the little YourPorter icon when scrolling through timeline. The UI is also bit clunky/not very intuitive to use.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

Smoobu did not offer timed automated responses so was no good for timing a checkout message for just after my guests checked out (it messaged them at 7am instead!).

Austin

Reviewed April 2021

YourPorter App

It is a good software that will save me lots of time and headaches from double bookings and logging into to multiple OTA's. It is great to be able to do things from one place.

PROS

The messaging and calendar integration have been huge for us to have one place to get everything done.

CONS

Customer service and on-boarding has been difficult. Having a FAQ sheet to learn how to use the software versus a person or videos to see how its done.

Reason for choosing Guesty For Hosts

Your Porter seemed like the best value of all the products that we looked at. Guesty has more features and is more user friendly but the cost is simply to much for my business when compared to Your Porter. Your Porter has most all of the same features just scaled down and without as much customization for a great price point. Also not charging me a for months that I do not have bookings is a massive bonus for me as I manage in a seasonal market where the rentals are closed half the year.

Reviewed October 2019

Great value and simple interface, good app

PROS

Intuitive interface, good value for money, only charges per listing and allows you to list each on multiple sites (AirBnB, VRBO), income reports are easy and convenient

CONS

Glitches often when trying to change nightly rate from app, doesn't sync with AirBnB instantaneously, doesn't offer as much flexibility of when it can send automated messages, doesn't sync reservation changes with AirBnB.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

Price; it does all the same important things that I needed about as well for a fraction of the price.

Frederick

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Guesty is excellent!

Very good experience! I made the right pick.

PROS

Channel management features. I have booked on AirBNB, VRBO, Booking and my Website and it keeps everything organized.

CONS

Some new features on Booking.com makes me have to go to both websites. The service is defintely focused on AirBNB of all the different websites that it supports.

Reason for choosing Guesty For Hosts

It was the best fit for my business and came highly recommended with youtube influencers.

Hakeem

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Guesty made it easy

Wonderful! Easy to use, not harder to manage and change. Template are a great functionality.

PROS

Guesty made it super easy to connect all of my channels together. I have my calendar manager in price labs and my cleaning manager in turbo I needed to connect to Airbnb. Without Guesty for hosts, I wouldn’t have been able to do that!

CONS

Price was a little steep but I will will be worth it in the long run.

Reason for choosing Guesty For Hosts

Name brand. Recommendation timing were key in choosing Guesty of a hospitable.com.

Thank you, Hakeem! Our #1 goal is to help make hosting easier for our customers.

Replied February 2024

King

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Good product

PROS

It’s nice to use. It’s pretty convenient. Lots of features.

CONS

Some stuff are confusing like linking up different solutions

Andy

Airlines/Aviation, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2022

Guesty For Hosts- WORTH EVERY PENNY

Overall experience has been fantastic!! love the platform

PROS

I love that everything is consolidated into a few pages. Everything you need is either in the Calendar, Messaging, or Menu screens

CONS

I'd like to see better text integration. I'd also like more control over custom charges (ex: pet policy)

Reason for choosing Guesty For Hosts

I liked the way Guesty was setup and organized

Evangeline

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Great Software that is easy to use!

Overall Guesty for Hosts is a game changer. I would recommend to anyone - easy to use, easy to expand off of, affordable. Good Product.

PROS

It is very easy to set up and add on different features. It gives you most of what you need for a full scale STR Business.

CONS

The Owner Statements and occasional glitches are not very good.

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

I switched before Guesty bought out what is now Guesty for Hosts - I switched because Guesty was too expensive.

Shae

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Great product!

I have had an A+ experience since my free trial. It didn't take me long to subscribe and I feel the benefits will greatly outweigh the cost of the software. With a monthly and yearly option it was easy to work into my current budget. Great product!

PROS

The price point is perfect at only $49 per month and it is loaded with options. Being able to sync all of my platforms to one channel manager has been a lifesaver and reduced my workload by 35% or more.

CONS

I have no cons! Implementation is the hardest and longest part but it is a breeze and they provide plenty of self-help tutorials and a thorough knowledge base.

Reason for choosing Guesty For Hosts

They had the most options, features, and functions at the best price point. Implementing their software into my every day process was easy and learning the system was quick and easy.

Virginia

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

The best all rounder platform for managing a handful of properties

Overall, this platform has assisted me to start out in managing Airbnb properties and has taken away some of the worries I had about making this happen for myself. I am pleased with my subscription so far.

PROS

The best thing about Guesty for Hosts is the way each requirement is clearly labelled and has been laid out in such a way that you cannot forget to add crucial information before listing. I also really like the instant connection to Airbnb particularly, to ensure listings are available as soon as possible after changes have been made.

CONS

I would really like Guesty to consider making the calendar easier to operate. Especially rate sets! They are such a pain and when they cross over, it can be tedious making changes to the dates.

Reason for choosing Guesty For Hosts

The reviews made it clear that Guesty For Hosts would be more suitable for me due to the large following it has by people who are in my position.

Lee

Reviewed January 2020

Good product if you want to more effectively manage multiple channels and direct book

Great product for the price point. Managing availability, minimum stays, and pricing across multiple channels has been a big headache. Having a direct booking site is a big plus. Customer service is quick, and most questions are answered within a few hours.

PROS

- Rate markups are customizable by channel. - Easy creation of direct booking website. - Automatic messaging - Mobile App

CONS

- Web interface is essentially the mobile app in browser...makes it clunky at times, and have nest through menus to get to where you want. - Direct booking website doesn't seem to support different tax rates for properties in various jurisdictions. (though I may be wrong there)

Reason for choosing Guesty For Hosts

Price point. At scale these other platforms may be better fits...Your Porter solves my primary problem that I was looking for a PMS to solve. I had seriously considered Hostfully, but they went up significantly in price, so it made Your Porter an easy choice.

Stephen

Reviewed January 2023

Nice product

Much easier to manage the multiple channels, and seems more stable than hospitable.

PROS

Mobile first, ease of use. The platform is pretty intuitive and there is lots of good help thru their website FAQ, chat, etc.

CONS

Calendar isn't very intuitive, and can't make the week appear as Sun-Sat instead of Mon-Sun

Guesty has an app

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

Hospitable was signing me out and slow to respond.

Kent

Reviewed February 2021

Excellent Airbnb management tool, wish I used it sooner

PROS

The booking engine, automated messaging and Airbnb ranking features.

CONS

Paying $100 / year extra for the booking engine to utilise your own domain name is ridiculous in my opinion.

Reason for choosing Guesty For Hosts

It was a much better price point and easier to use

Reasons for switching to Guesty For Hosts

Smartbnb didn't offer a direct booking engine, and they were more expensive.

Reid