BenchmarkONE

BenchmarkONE Reviews

RATING:

• icon"It has transformed my company in terms of lead tracking and management. It's so easy to set up and use, and is extremely well-priced."
  • icon"Very good value for the money. The scoring is very helpful in qualifying prospects and interest."
  • icon"The customer service is very knowledgeable and responsive. Based on the actions of your contact, you can automate trigger emails and reminders."
  • icon"It's hard to see what clients you've communicated with that day."
  • icon"Sometimes difficult to get email reports to show the contacts asociated."
  • icon"We have had to put a lot of effort in to get the product loaded with our client information. However, this is mostly a reflection of how disorganized we were to begin with."

All BenchmarkONE Reviews

George

The happy lil' secret in the automated marketing world!

Allows a small marketing outfit to punch above its weight and focus follow-on efforts on the more high-valued prospects.

Pros

Hatchbuck is great. What? I need to write more? ok. It allows you to create or upload documents, you can include them as well as links into emails, and then combine emails into campaigns where they are delivered at preset times. But that's far from all! Hatchbuck monitors the customer's interactions with your email and awards score points (defined by you) for various activities like visting your website, reading an email, downloading a document or clicking on a link. So when you open Hb you can review the current scores and follow up with the prospects who are raising their hands the furthest. But, there's more! Where Hb 'really' excels is in the logic of these campaigns. For example... if you have a campaign for general interest which you are sending to a generic group and a customer evinces particular interest in your offering (clicks or downloads a lot) Hb logic can detect this and move him to a more aggressive sales campaign. Hb can notify you for any specific buying signal. Hb can send the customer (again, automatically) additional materials based on actions ("oh, you like case studies, eh, take a look at this one") . If you do the campaigns correctly Hb is really a 'fire and forget' homing missile. It has a tremendous number of features (searching and segmentation are awesome) and because of its price structure, it really allows a small company to punch waaaay above its weight class. I'm happy!

Cons

A few things. I'm not crazy about the HTML design tool. (Or, perhaps, I'm a lousy designer?) It seems too old-fashioned. You can get false positives from the lead score system -- especially if you email to high security places like financial institutions whose bots click on everything to test your email for spy/malware. Its awkward to try to call a super high scoring customer who 'appears' fascinated with your content only to learn that he left 6 months ago and the bots are still screening his email. :-(

Peter

Hatchbuck hits a sweet spot

Sales engagement and qualification

Pros

Cons

Not much. It hits the highlights and is affordable.

Reasons for switching to BenchmarkONE

Ease of use and more features..especially scoring

Maud

November 2022

I would get more efficiency if it was customizable.

Pros

Customer support was very interested and helped me a lot with my problems. Ability to manage sales in an organized manner.

Cons

Its biggest drawback is that it is not intuitive and customizable.

Trish

August 2022

Works Well

Customer service was very responsive and helpful.

Pros

Great segmenting to manage our contacts and do outbound marketing. I was able to tag ppl with multiple stages of the sales process and follow up through email. I used a lot of zaps to connect to other software systems and to pull in texting.

Cons

Does not have an appointment software that I could put on my website. Does not have a texting option.

Dana

Great tool for starting your SaaS business

Pros

Ease of use, ability to get it set up without engineers The tasks and campaigns are also AWESOME

Cons

Would love if you could text from the platform to customers

Reasons for choosing BenchmarkONE

Price and ease of use

Pat

Haven't had a bad experience with it yet, awesome CRM

Amazing experience, software is easy to use. The support team is awesome, anytime I have a question they respond quickly and politely. They make me feel like one of their top clients, even though I'm nowhere near that.

Pros

Email Drop Campaigns Email Templates Provided Easy to Use

Cons

The only gripe (it's small) that I have is that you can't have a more broad view of your customer database. It only allows 100 per page and wish it could zoom out more, so I could see more customers in front of me at once.

Anvika

June 2022

BenchmarkONE has set standards

BenchmarkONE enables me to save the maximum amount of time during prospecting. Through BenchmarkONE we’ve been able to spend our precious time going after authentic leads instead of chasing ghosts. It does a beautiful job by assisting in the automation of email prospecting. Targeted phone calls can be made following up on emails. So, a targeted approach can be used for reaching out to the clients.

Pros

BenchmarkONE provides the ability to customize your columns according to your requirements. The filters are quite detailed and assist a lot in seeking the perfect information that you want. The interface is quite simple to use. It is a very cost-effective program compared to its competitors. Plenty of time can be saved by not wasting efforts on prospects who are not interested.

Cons

Lately, we have confronted issues relating to bot activity. We are unable to tell if someone clicked on the emails. More features, however, can be added to improve the overall performance of the platform. Also, emails may go to the spam folder if the company is using good spam filters. This needs to be rectified.

Matthew

September 2015

Hatchbucking - Mostly a fantastic experience :)

Our company provides churches with a communication tool to send emails and texts to their members. Hatchbuck is our primary CRM to communicate with our customers. It's proven pretty darn invaluable to keeping in touch with where our customers are at in their progress with using Flocknote, and it's given us a great way to communicate best practices via email as well.

Pros

Pretty intuitive, plus lots of features make it a great and dynamic tool to have in your belt. I love being able to assign tasks to specific contacts or companies in particular. I've been using it for nearly a year, and I'm still finding ways to use it better!

Cons

The email composer -- specifically changing fonts, sizes, etc. -- tends to be a little clunky and particular. You can get the text displaying how you want, but sometimes uncooperative "auto"formatting is a bit frustrating.

Matthew

September 2015

Above average sales & marketing platform

We decided to use Hatchbuck to help us organize and communicate with signups for Slope, a media management platform. We used Hatchbuck to organize contacts into categories and to send out our email campaigns and updates. Getting started on Hatchbuck is very easy and their customer service is outstanding (I usually get a response on questions and problems the same day). There are some minor issues and is really best suited for smaller sized companies.

Pros

Great customer service, I always got a response on issues and questions I had in a short amount of time. Tagging users and creating email campaigns based on those tags is very simple and intuitive. We enjoyed the scoring system of contacts (we called it Fantasy Football for leads).

Cons

Personally I feel as if the 'Deals' and 'Tasks' features are a little bit redundant and not overly helpful to general productivity. I also found there to be minor issues such as not getting notifications when other team members made changes to our organization's account. It's also very easy for contacts to become overwhelming and it is much better suited for smaller sized businesses.

Veronica Carolina

Industry: Security and Investigations

November 2022

Aceleracion de ventas y conexión con clientes

Pros

Puedo conectar de una forma más profesional con los clientes así como aplicar campañas de marketing que ayudan a mejorar los números de ventas

Cons

Funciones pagas y me costo un poco al principio habituarme a las diferentes funciones.

Chelsey

Hands down, the best CRM system I've ever used.

We previously had three systems holding three separate sets of data: Zoho CRM, Membrain, and MailChimp. Now that our data is all together, we're already starting to make it work for us, instead of us working with it. As we're further into the program as well, and we've executed some campaigns and targeted emails, we're getting to know our database. The tag feature is amazing, and helps to give a more real-time picture of where our prospects are at, whether they've been browsing the website, what pages they've visted (and multiple times), etc.

Pros

The support, hands down. The team at Hatchbuck is amazing, and has answered all of my questions promptly, and helped me to think creatively about how best to use the software. I also love the automation available - the ability to trigger emails, campaigns, tasks, reminders, and deals based on contact actions. The new built-in advanced filtering system is great and makes it easier than ever to segment our database based on location, tags, whether they have an email address or not, and more. We've also used the email reporting to our advantage, helping us to get to know our contacts - what they interact with, what they click on, what they do and don't care about - our database has new life!

Cons

As we've been in the system more, we're finding that we're not using the "deals" tracker tool as effectively as we could, simply based on the fact that for our specific line of business, we could easily use 3-4 pipelines separately. (We are M&A Advisors/Business Brokerage Advisors, and so we have separate pipelines for Sellers, Buyers, Clients doing Exit Planning, and Valuations). If we were given the ability to have multiple Deals pipelines, it would immediately enable us to keep track of that pipeline. Additionally, if I could change a couple things, like the ability to automate contact notes within the record the same way that other things can be automated, I would, but this is such a minor thing that I wouldn't count it as a dislike.

Excellent CRM for small company

Lead tracking, prioritization, campaigns, nurturing

Pros

I really love Hatchbuck. It has transformed my company in terms of lead tracking and management. It's so easy to set up and use, and is extremely well-priced.

Cons

The interface to send emails to clients is a bit clunky, and I'd value greater options. There are a few bugs with creating new emails, and formatting. It's hard to see what clients you've communicated with that day.

Reasons for choosing BenchmarkONE

Reasons for switching to BenchmarkONE

needed a full CRM

Michelle

Time used: Free Trial

February 2016

The Swiss Army Knife of Marketing Software

Getting into Hatchbuck is like beginning a new craft and gradually building on your tool set. It has been a year since we signed up, and our business' marketing activities have matured through a mix of Hatchbuck's offerings and our own strategy development. Hatchbuck absolutely does its part in building a firm relationship between our sales team and our customers. Importing contacts is a snap. Users can match default columns/fields with columns in imported CSVs, merge contacts with possible matches, manually check the results, and assign tags to the entire import list'even on existing matches. The contact management experience is tailor-fit to your contact database thanks to Hatchbuck's fantastic tagging system. Using custom fields and dozens of tags with a simple "is/is not in tag" and "and/or" tag-linking filter gives you so much control over your entire database. The VERY user-friendly UI is set up so that beginners can dive into the database and learn the outs and ins through regular use. I found my way around Hatchbuck in just about a day, which would definitely benefit a small business looking for an easy start. I would follow their support team to the ends of the earth. Hatchbuck is backed by a genuinely attentive support team that trained me and later cleared up an enormous importing disaster with more patience and attention I would find in any other support line. As far as I can see, Hatchbuck plots only Opens and Clicks on the results page for every campaign. It would be so helpful to see Opens, Bounces, Clicks, Unsubscribes, and Complaints as timelines on the same chart area. Hatchbuck's bounce results page allows you to export just the first 1,000 bounce records. However you filter it (by sender, etc.) you will still get 1,000 records. One of our imports had 2,000 bounces and I had to export at least 8 different column-filtered sheets, stick them in a spreadsheet, remove duplicates... Managing the database can be tricky, but I hope Hatchbuck's development team can introduce a few fixes like mass-editing a default contact field for multiple contacts and automatically tagging contacts as bounces. The cons definitely counter some of the pros, but in all fairness, our company's email marketing needs can be a little demanding. Hatchbuck and our marketing team have come to work together very well, and I am immensely thankful that I opted for the Live Demo a year ago.

Susan

You Won't Be Disappointed With Hatchbuck!

I'd recommend Hatchbuck to anyone looking for a sleek, easy to use platform that handles both your CRM and Email Campaigns.

Pros

I love the ease of creating email templates, especially with the new update, and being able to track their success as soon as they are sent out. I primarily use it for creating email campaigns and tracking contacts who click through. It's a very organized system with ways to easily find contacts and emails. While the older version definitely had some kinks, I think they did an awesome job with the update I've found it much more user-friendly. Also it is a bit pricey, but it is a CRM and email campaign creator/tracking tool so I think it's worth it.

Cons

Again, with the old version, the email building templates were difficult to use, especially compared to MailChimp. Much improvement has been made to make the process much easier. It was frustrating to have to create new templates since the old ones were rendered useless. Sometimes it's a bit hard to navigate through the system, looking for the exact data or rare thing you might need or filter you might want, the good thing is their support is outstanding and always there to help.

Don

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

May 2015

Hatchbuck Changes the Game for the University at Albany Weekend MBA

Pros

Unlike the ACT!, the last CRM I used, Hatchbuck enables me to automate my marketing/recruiting activities for the Weekend MBA Program. There are no more instances of prospects falling through the cracks as I am able to develop relevant messages and campaigns that I am able to disseminate to my stakeholders in timely fashion. There are no limits to the number of e-mails that can be sent and tracking the performance of those e-mails, i.e., opens, clicks, bounces, etc. is also helpful. Another feature I use quite a bit is the sales pipeline. I now know how many viable prospects I have in the system and at what precise stage they are at. What's also nice is that the investment in the program, unlike many other better know CRMs, is all inclusive.

Cons

Hatchbuck has been phenomenal in terms of service and response time. There are several areas, though, that can be bolstered and, I believe, are being worked on. The first is better e-mail integration. Rather than automatically be included in someone's record, you need to insert the Hatchbuck inbox address in the bcc field to capture the message in the system. They can probably do a better job with social media integration, calendar integration, as well as providing a more robust word processor.

Mayur

A great CRM and marketing system for small businesses.

Pros

The application offers user-friendly graphical user interface. The customer service is very knowledgeable and responsive. Based on the actions of your contact, you can automate trigger emails and reminders. One of the best features is that you can see who all open your emails and the email marketing gets you know about what the users click on. You can track the progress of your campaigns and how well they were received. You can easily merge your contacts from your earlier CRMs. You can categorize the application for clients from several industries. The application does great contact management and is well integrated with social media.

Cons

It's quite difficult to get used to the email templates. the application, in comparison to other similar CRM systems, does not provide many plugins. Reporting capabilities and tags management require improvement. The absence of advanced features. It is very difficult to make edits or copy the campaigns.

Taylor