• Pros

• "I love that it keeps my crazy schedule organized!!!"

• "Integration of all my systems was so smooth. Honeybook is easy to use and my clients appreciate it!"

• "The features are very straightforward. It is very user-friendly. It's a beautiful design. "

• Cons

• "Getting used to it at the beginning like anything else is odd , but after about 3-4 contracts you get used to it and now i cant live without it "

• "The do updates a lot- which is great, but they can have bugs. usually they work out any issues associated with new features quickly."

• "The only thing I have on my wishlist is more customization for email capture forms. But it certainly is something I’m able to workaround with ease, and not a big concern."

Browse HoneyBook CRM Reviews

Christina from Scalera IP Law LLC

The Best Client Management Resource-- goes beyond normal software

Before I used HoneyBook, I had tried several other client management platforms. All of them were clunky, and often I'd have to hunt around for things in the interest of the app developer's attention to folders and organization. What a mess! I'm so glad I switched to HoneyBook. They've consistently made product improvements and seem to really care about their customers. It gets easier and more fun to use every day, with just enough features to accomplish what I need without overwhelming me. I highly suggest this to anyone who is managing multiple clients, especially if you have client projects that tend to go dormant for awhile then pick back up.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and how amenable the HB team is to updating the software if you have a feature request or complaint. It provides very visual, easy user prompts that allow me to easily accomplish what I need in a fraction of the time of other software apps I've tried.

Cons

It's annoying that I can't delete the default emails that came with my account to replace them with my own workflow, so myself or a team member doesn't get confused with their suggested emails vs. the ones I actually want to use.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied September 2019

Christina, thank you for you being a HoneyBook member! We are so happy to hear that HB allows you to manage your clients in a fraction of time of other systems! Our Product Team works hard to consistently meet and exceed our members expectations. Thank you for the feedback on the default email templates. I will share with our team. Incase you didn't know, you can edit the default templates text and format to meet your needs.

Leigh Ann from The Barn at Holiday Acres

Powerful, Intuitive Tool

When we were starting up our business, an event venue, I was going nuts comparing the different CRM software. When you haven't actually used them, you don't know which will work best for you. Another venue owner told me she used HoneyBook. I had learned a lot from her, and finally decided that if she thought HoneyBook was good, it probably was and I'd just go for that. Best decision ever!

Pros

I love the pipeline, where each client's project is categorized by stage (new inquiry, tour scheduled, proposal signed, etc.). I can pull up all clients who are in the "Planning" stage of the pipeline, for example. Under each client's project is absolutely everything related to their project: all emails exchanged, contracts, payment schedule, separate workspaces with vendors who will be working on the project, and more. I have templates for emails and have them sent automatically. One goes out when we receive an inquiry, a different one 5 days after client signs the contract, and another 30 days before their event date. There are also templates for brochures, contracts, and payment plans. I can't imagine having to do all of that manually! I set the system up for my business with no outside assistance. It was easy to understand.

Cons

Would like to have more ability to make formatting changes (bullets, numbering, bold, etc.) when editing a document. I can do this on a new document, but not when editing an existing one. Workflows could be improved to have more triggers and the ability to automatically send files.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

It was recommended by another business owner who I trusted.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied June 2020

Hi Leigh Ann, Thanks for your feedback. It's helpful to know where we can improve. We're in the process of building in more formatting customizations right now, as well as new triggers within workflows to help you automate tasks on a more real-time basis. Stay tuned!

Paige from Paige Eden Photography, Inc.

Not User Friendly - Difficult Learning Curve

Pros

Keeps contracts in one place, able to accept credit cards. You can network with other vendors, and they seem to really concentrate more on this than actually developing software that works well.

Cons

I am a "founding" Honeybook user and bought the lifetime membership. At first, HB was very convenient. The learning curve was very frustrating as the online software had many MANY bugs. It still does. The entire premise behind the software was to free up your time, have all your projects in one place, sign contract, get paid, etc. Yes, great idea! However, the software has so many glitches! You're not able to even edit a person in your contacts. Their customer support team used to be great you could actually message a real person - now you have to wait a day or two to get an email answer and most of the time they just send you a link to deal with your problem. Once you email your client the contract, everything goes down the Honeybook "rabbit hole". My clients are tech savvy and they can't even figure out Honeybook - the emails that I've received from frustrated clients is numerous. Save your time and money and get another online software that will actually do the job - like Sprout Studio or Dubsado. Wish I would have done that from the beginning. Regretting my purchase since my lifetime "membership" isn't transferrable and Honeybook continues to make money off of me by accepting credit card payments. I looked at 17hats, which also didn't have great reviews before I purchased Honeybook. Moving on, however, I'm assuming that the process will not be easy transferring existing contracts and other office files.

Tamara from TC DESIGNZ STUDIO LLC.

Industry: Graphic Design

Great Productivity Tool, Constantly evolving!

A great productivity tool for me

Pros

I love that they are constantly evolving with the features of this software: 1) I am in love with the email scheduling that is connected to my gmail. 2) I love that i can now schedule sessions with my clients within Honeybook instead of sending links to my clients to schedule with outside scheduling platforms.

Cons

I would love to see a connection to Quickbooks Self Employed Software. I would love more compatibility with the software on apple products. Honeybook's app does not have rotate-screen functionality on ipads, neither does the program fill the screen. It appears to be more of a trial or beta program when you use the Honeybook app on an apple device. I would love to see a little more assistance with contracts. Automation for standard clauses. A little on the expensive side per month compared to competition. Discounts promoted are basically the same promotion only for the first year. Would love to see some occasional additional discounts here and there.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied May 2020

Hi Tamara, Thanks so much for your feedback. We'll definitely pass it along to our product team. Currently, we don't have stand-alone iPad app, so I understand why that falls short of your expectations. That said, our mobile iPhone app is being updated week over week (with a big update coming soon). Thanks again and keep an eye out for future updates!

Penny from Penelope L'amore Photography

Best choice I made for my business yet

Payment processing was always a challenge until I found Honeybook. I love that the automated convenience of honey book. I set my templates, it does the rest. I send an invoice, it bills, reminds and keeps everything squared away. Not to mention it auto-deposits funds into my account. IT keeps me in business!

Pros

Running my own business where clients contract via email and forms through my website can get overwhelming when trying to keep track of small but important details. Invoicing, payment processing, contracts, client communication, client surveys and now they have a feature where you can connect with other local professionals on projects. Very useful.

Cons

I wish it was a little more upscale looking on fonts, colors and the user experience. My brand is more of a luxury brand so I want customers to feel like when they're being transferred to the contract or payment portion of our interactions that they're still receiving a luxury experience.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

The pricing at the time was really affordable to get into. I did the one time purchase instead of a monthly fee. They were super helpful and explained they would put all my company details in for me as well as add my email templates and my collection pricing for invoicing. They did this and it was a breeze to answer right into. Also, they have their mobile app so I can reply, invoice and book clients on the go from the convenience of my phone.

Shelbye from The Candid Camper

The easiest way to get paid fast!

My overall experience has been very pleasant! The customer service is always very helpful and the little frustrations of working with a start up or nothing compared to the benefit that it’s given our business in the past two years!

Pros

1.Template building for sure. Not having to hand customize every single contract has saved so much time. 2. The fact that, in the wedding industry, it is heavily female dominant.... which means a lot of us are moms.... which means that this app allowed me to take care of critical work while on my phone. THAT is a lifesaver with kiddos. If you know you know! 3. The time between sending a proposal and getting paid (depending on how ready to book a client was) was minutes at most. I’d get live feedback when they opened the file, signed the contract, and made a payment. I never had to guess. 4. Customer service was great!!! They actively ask for feedback from their customers and even go granular with their questions so they can consider the nuances of each client’s industry!

Cons

1. The email communication side of the app is very hit or miss. Where they soar with sending files and making payments a BREEZE, the ability to create a streamlined, semi-automated Follow-up process for leads that come in is sorely lacking. Even if HoneyBook never intends to be the best at that portion of sales, I feel it is a simple task to add a feature that makes it easy to add tags to leads so that you can export those contacts to a service that DOES soar in email communication and lead nurturing. 2. There is still a lot of room for more organization in the communication process from sales to project completion.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

After looking into many different options (I don’t even remember all of them) we chose HoneyBook because of: 1. It’s UX design. It was very easy to navigate and use for both us as the admins and the customer. 2. The process of receiving payments was so simple. 3. The template creation which eliminated customizing every single contract manually. 4. The app!

Corbin from Jennings Trace

Can’t do business without it!

It’s streamlined, helpful beyond what I can write here. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone with a small business with multiple clients.

Pros

The workflow feature helps me keep track of everything from inquiries down to executing the final details before the event. It’s easy to use and customer service is quick and helpful when I do get stuck!

Cons

I wish the deposits and payments made were a little clearer on my end so I don’t have the check the bank and HoneyBook at the same time to cross reference. That being said, I JUST started using the payment feature and it could be that I’m just not used to it yet.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

It fit more of my needs as an event venue owner

Carlos from Miami Photo inc.

Industry: Photography

A must for busy event people

Customer service is great, they get back to asap and help you with anything.

Pros

Automating my payments and collecting for me. Using the app i don't have to be in front of a computer to check on customers contracts.

Cons

no scheduling within the software in which I heard they were working on this. The ability to add someone that works for you and not see contract just logistics.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

I was on the forefront of it and they walked me into it , I don't think there were many alternatives as there is now

Response from HoneyBook

Replied November 2019

Happy to hear you are enjoying the HB app Carlos! Please keep an ear out shortly for more news on exciting up coming features!

Jill from Resilience Digital

Most affordable and complete solution for the creative business

Makes running my creative business so much smoother. Their customer service is second to none. Fast, helpful, and friendly.

Pros

Integration of CRM, Calendar, and Billing all in one as well as the ability to run multiple businesses at no additional charge.

Cons

I'd cannot attach a file to an email which means I sometimes have to send 2, but they're working on it.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

Customer Service was heads above Dubsado and pricing was much more affordable than HubSpot CRM

Crystal from CMW Services

Entrepreneurs! Need an easy to use CRM interface? HoneyBook is the move

Overall, I highly recommend HoneyBook to those looking for a 1 stop CRM solution. It allows customization, integration, and helps me book MUCH faster, with a more polished presentation.

Pros

-Simple, Clean and Customizable interface - Can be used for multiple product/service offerings -It works for multiple industries and business types ( Consulting, personal services, creative services, even products/retail

Cons

There are still some developments in the works: -the HoneyBook app needs more functionality for folks on the go -calendar syncing is not always accurate (depending on the service you use)- -hoping the add text response soon *fingers crossed*

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

It offered the set of software solutions that I needed at the price that worked for me

Cori from RattTrap Artistry

Industry: Photography

The Best CRM Software EVER!!!

I am keeping my workflow seamless. I am not falling behind with not knowing what i have and havent done. I get notifications in my app on my phone to keep me up to date when i am not at a desk. Saving templates keeps me from having to re-do contracts and brochures to send to clients. And honestly the BIGGEST thing is it keeps me on top of clients and either closing things out if they arent interested, booking them if they just forgot to get back to me, or making sure they are seeing things.

Pros

I love how seamless and easy to use it is. It may be a transition at first but once you get changed over you will NEVER go back. The workflow is so easy to use and very customizable. Other softwares i've tested are not even comparable to how simple honeybook is to use.

Cons

The only thing i wish were better is the calendar system. It would be nice to be able to block dates out on the calendar to avoid booking, like if you had planned a vacation. I also with it would sync directly to ical. I hate having to make it use google becuase if google runs out of space it doesnt tell me and then i have a calendar issue.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

This is geared more towards photographers and that is hard to find something that works so well that is build for us

Abigail from Abigail Gowin

HoneyBook is amazing!

It’s been great!! Any time I’ve had an issue it’s been resolved quickly. I do find that asking a question in the group & getting a personal email is rather annoying. I specifically ask in Facebook for a reason - so when I get an email I usually don’t see it right away whereas I’m looking for a notification or other users experiences.

Pros

User friendly for both myself and my clients, ease of set up (love that they do most of the upload work & it’s easily changeable!), the community it’s created, & the “opportunities” section.

Cons

1. I wish there was more internal automation, like the workflow applied just sent out the emails and not prompted me to act. 2. While “linked” with Calendly, it’s not linked in the correct way. I wish when someone signed up for a slot in Calendly, it could generate an automatic proposal that I could look over before sending, or sent automatically. When adding my “Calendly link” to a honeybook email, the link always fails. I don’t use Calendly enough to have this be a major issue, just a nuisance. 3. More flexibility in personal branding & branding the contact form. I don’t currently use the form on my site because of this.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

The user interface, client experience, and community.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied November 2019

Thank you for being a member Abigail! I know you will be excited about some upcoming functionality we'll be releasing in early 2020! I'll be sure to share your feedback with the product team.

Casey from Ember SLC

From Employee to Business Owner Honeybook has been by my Side

Overall, Honeybook saves us so much time and allows my business to be operated with only 2 full time employees. If I were to try and run this business on my own, without Honeybook, I would not be able to give my clients the attention to detail and quick response time they deserve.

Pros

There is a very small learning curve using Honeybook. When I convinced my previous employer to purchase Honeybook, I realized how very quick and easy it was to integrate into the company. Now, as a business owner, my employees can utilize Honeybook as well and our company can have full transparency on where we are at with each client.

Cons

I really wish that Batch Emailing had more options. We often need to send specific batch emails to our clients dependednt on which stage they are at on our timeline. Only having the options to hand select each client to send the batch emails to or to send them to our entire client list is an inefficient use of our time and thus we find no use for this tool that has so much potential to be so valuable to our business.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

I felt that Honeybook was more customizable and offered more specific tools geared towards streamlining the areas that I needed help with most.

Flossie from Flossie O’Riley Photography

Level up

It’s saved me so much time organizing client data, bookkeeping, payment processing and contracts. Their helpful reminders to keep things from falling through the cracks and maintaining my brand appearance when working with clients.

Pros

When singing up with Honeybook they took my exhausting contracts, forms, questionnaires and placed them into their system. This saved me so much time switching from DIY client management to this online resource.

Cons

When responding to an email through the software, it makes a new email. Some clients have more questions and I’d like a way to organize with in a project the emails.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

See above. It applies to all the potential products used

Barbara from Brownstone Gardens

Honeybook is the best!

Before Honeybook, we were having issues with past due account and staying on top of them. With Honeybook-that issue has gone away. Our customers are thrilled with the reminders and the ability to pay online. Before Honeybook we either had to have couples come back to the venue to book or would mail out the contracts delaying bookings by up to 2 weeks. Now we can send out everything and have our bookings completed in just hours! Working with clients and assisting in the coordinating /planning of their weddings are soo much easier with Honeybook. All emails are stored with the project-from the lead contact to the final thank you! No more hunting through email accounts. Notes and information stored there. And the ability to work from home without hauling home a stack of files is unbeatable. This is the BEST program for a wedding venue!

Pros

The ability to work from anywhere at any time is one of the best features. I can access all the information for our clients from home and answer any questions. Since leads go directly to this program, all emails are attached to each project so you have a record of everything you said. The Library stores all our documents and handouts. I love the report section--last month the owner was starting a project to see what months was our best months for bookings. He said he was going to have to dig through Quickbooks for the information. I pointed out that the information was already in the Honeybooks!

Cons

The only thing have to say that is bad about this program is when there is an update of change. Opening up the program to do something and finding that things have changed with no notice is frustrating.

Jordyn from Mary Kay Inc.

Industry: Cosmetics

How to keep organized while running a business

From the time my prospective clients contact me, throughout the booking process, automatic reminders of upcoming payments, clients being able to pay through honeybook, and even following up after my scheduled time with clients, Honeybook is my biggest tool.

Pros

Honeybook is essential to running my business and now that I've been a user for more than 2 years, I can't imagine not using it. As a photographer, it is important for me to keep all of my scheduling, contracting, payments, and details as organized as possible so that I don't miss a meeting, or special detail for a wedding or photo session. Every part of my business is streamlined now that I use Honeybook. Reporting on Honeybook is made very easy from being able to see what % I've booked based on the number of signed contracts, where most of my clients find me, and how much money in taxes I need to pay for the quarter. Additionally, Honeybook has an opportunity board where creatives can post about need for associates, styled photo sessions. Finally, if you refer 2 people per year to Honeybook, your cost for the entire year is covered.. can't beat that!

Cons

There are times when I donate photo sessions to non-profits and want to be able to send an invoice showing how much the session would have cost, then adding a discount to show a $0 invoice but there is not a way to send that without charging the invoice and refunding. I wish that I could do more on the mobile app, but new features are being added frequently.

Jennifer from Faith In Marriage

Love Honeybook!!

Customer service is prompt, attentive, and friendly. The program helps me manage all of my couples' needs efficiently and with ease from the first contact to follow up after their wedding ceremony.

Pros

Honeybook provides many tutorials to help you get the most out of the program. Setting it up is fairly simple and worth the effort for the ease of use in managing your clients and how much time you save when using the features such as email and contract templates and task management. I love having everything about my couples in one place - the contract, tasks, payments, all messages and any notes. Plus, I can see the details at a glance and love the ability to integrate my own pictures so my clients and I can all see the beautiful eye catching graphics of my choosing.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. I thought I liked my old program a few years ago, but when it went defunct and I had to change, I was so grateful I was forced into an upgrade. I did not know what I was missing. This program simplified the management of my business beyond what I thought was possible.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

Honestly, I had begun to hear a lot about Honeybook from other wedding vendors in the year before I switched (2018). So, it was the only option I looked into and did not get farther because I was so impressed with Honeybook and the many recommendations. Honeybook also gives you the ability to connect with other vendors (my colleagues and friends), so it was an easy decision.

Javier from DJ Javier Cabal & Event Services

Makes your Creative business Look and run like a champ!

I was able to put different packages together with pricing that reflects the complexity of the events, such as weddings or corporate events that require more interaction with the client's for planing and venue walk-thru’s which will require more of my time to finalize the bookkeeping side of things simpler. Less complicated events are priced lower allowing me to book more events based on The amount of time I spend with the client versus actually the work that needs to be done giving me more time being creative and last time running the business.

Pros

I have been with HoneyBook since it’s inception, I was fortunate enough to be one of the founding fathers. In the beginning, what attracted me about the platform was the ability to focus on getting my clients booked quickly by keeping everything in one spot through the iOS app or web-based interface and it has been relatively easy for them to use as well. They were already an amazing company with an outstanding product, and with each update they release, they continue to exceed my expectations and help me run my business on the go by making the complicated tasks seem quick and easy. BEST INVESTMENT EVER!! Thank you so much for bringing me and my entertainment company to the 21st century!!!

Cons

Definitely Would like to see a review questionnaire or rating system with an HTML generator plugin that could be used to post on my website or google ad. Updated training videos for the new features.

Kristin from Sound Wave Events

HoneyBook Changed our Business!

HoneyBook has mastered the CRM for the event industry (and useful for many other industries)! We searched far and wide for a platform that would manage our client communication and task management and HoneyBook has that on lock down. We have been impressed with their constant improvement and development and their customer service team is A+!

Pros

Task automation Easy to use invoice management with built in payment link Modern and easy to read brochures and proposals Contract integration with E signature capabilities Easy to use platform Manages all client communication with Gmail integration Unbeatable customer service AFFORDABLE

Cons

Difficult for clients to find current versions of proposals when looking for it from emails Some shortcomings when working with teams (sharing proposals / contracts / invoices)

Response from HoneyBook

Replied September 2019

It is fantastic to hear that HB is working so well for your business, Kristin! Our Concierge Team is world class and I will be sure to share your feedback with them. Thank you for being a HB member!

Jennie from Record Entertainment DJ & Photobooth Service

Honeybook Is Amazing!

I no longer have to keep paper copies of contracts or invoices. Honeybook reminds me of who needs to pay, who has paid, who I have to follow up with. I can save email templates which saves me so much time. Overall, I can do business more effectively in less time! That's huge for me.

Pros

That everything is at my fingertips no matter where I am. I also like that I can track a clients contract, contact info, entire email exchange, invoicing at once. I like the reports and data that I can access easily. I like the ease of seeing the pipeline and where I'm at with my bookings. I like the daily reminders to follow up on my clients.

Cons

I would like the ability to look up a clients files by date - the calendar only shows bookings that have a retainer paid. I'd like to search by date and find prospectives. I'd like to search by category - for instance school dances versus weddings versus company parties. And, I'd like to see reports of how many of each type of gig we do each year.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

A friend was using it and once I got acquainted with the software, there was no turning back.

Patrice from Together Good Co.

My Favorite Business Management System! And it Feels FUN!

Because my whole process with clients is streamlined, clean, and professional, I get to spend more time enjoying the work that I do, versus being bogged down by admin details. Honeybook helped to bring fun back into my work. x

Pros

I loved the interface and unique ways in which one could customize it for their own brand or company or client. I also LOVE that I can send a brochure, proposal, invoice, contract AND receive payment seamlessly all through Honeybook. And that I have an archive of all my client projects in one place.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve for me. It took me at least a good month before I felt "fluent" in Honeybook. Then I had to brief my clients on how to to work in the space as well. But once they were there in Honeybook land, they LOVED it. In the first year, photo quality seemed to be compromised and had a few glitches with knowing when new messages from clients came in.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

The person who recommended HoneyBook I have absolute respect and trust for her and the brands she backs. x

Morgan from Metropolitan Makeup and Hair LLC

Great platform

Love them and will always recommend them when I can.

Pros

I love that it makes everything so easy. you can send out your contracts, you can send out your emails, you can set reminders that will tell you when things are due you can send out invoices. If someone enters in their information through the contact page that honey but provides they put everything into the system for you that the client has provided to sell the name the email address all of that making it that much more easy for you . I also really love the customer service everyone is very professional and helpful and they go out of their way to make you feel taken care of. it’s also very easy to understand. It makes you look very professional as a business owner I highly recommend Honey Book

Cons

Honestly there’s not really a whole lot of cons the only one that I can think of is that the mobile app is not as interactive as if you were using a computer or laptop but honey book constantly works on improving things so I’m sure that in the future it will be fully interactive from your phone where you can check on things like bookkeeping and Send out contacts faster. So for me it’s not really a con just something to be aware of other than that I really honestly can’t really think of any cons.

Alysha from Alysha Miller Photography

Industry: Photography

Like having a personal assistant!

The main benefit of HoneyBook that I love is that I'm able to give my clients an exceptional experience. The way contracts are shared, payments are presented makes it so easy for me to do business with my clients. I think the biggest perk I loved at first was the electronic signature. It's seamless and allows you to pull in more clients quicker. It also keeps my voice consistent with different clients. I can have automated responses ready to send. The price was worth it to me to get my sanity back!

Pros

When I was drowning in emails in my inbox, HoneyBook was the place that everything was in one place. No emails were being looked over anymore, my contract and invoices were easily accessible (no more unprofessional word doc), easy to accept payments and HoneyBook made it so easy for me to do my taxes this year. I contemplated hiring someone to help take the load off the back work but HoneyBook does that for me with easy to use templates, reminders and automated email responses. I can't recommend HoneyBook enough!

Cons

I have very few negative things to say about HoneyBook. The couple things I did note that may be helpful in the future, HoneyBook wants to know about. They offer surveys and take users suggestions to possibly implement in the future. All things were very minor and don't take away from the overall experience of using HoneyBook.

Alanna from Alanna Winkelman Photography

I will never switch!

I’ve had a great experience with HoneyBook! Their customer service is over the top, and they’re constantly improving the program. They always respond quickly to emails, and they are professional and kind. Believe it or not, they actually asked for my opinion on how to improve their product, and they continued to ask for details once I explained what I’d like to see. Show me another company who truly cares what their customers want! Plus, they’ve been honest from the beginning, and I remember when I first started with their product that someone called me and walked me through using it until I was comfortable with it. Back when they first started and it was still an option, I purchased a lifetime access to this product, and I’m 100% thankful I did!! It was worth it all the way.

Pros

HoneyBook helps streamline my work flow between myself and clients. I have never had a single complaint from a client about anything I’ve sent to them from HoneyBook, whether it be an invoice, a booklet, or photos of my product examples. I am able to keep track of when I’m at in a project with each client, and I love that I can easily see my income from any year/date!

Cons

I want two things from HoneyBook that are not included yet (but I have a strong feeling they’ll improve on these in the future). I would love to see a way to easily click on previously received payments and find the sum total of whichever items I clicked on. I realize this isn’t Excel, but that one simple thing of automatically adding incomes together when selected would go a long way in my opinion. The second thing I would love to see added is the capability for me to add a rewards program within the invoice section for my returning customers (after spending X amount of money, you get X amount off of your next purchase).

Anna from Makeup By Anna Grimes

I couldn’t run my business without it

I’ve never had any issues. I tell all of my wedding vendors friends about how much I love it! I’ve had one sign up through my code so far and I made $200!

Pros

I love the pre made templates, it makes answering emails and creating files for my clients extremely easy and cuts my time down. Before using HoneyBook, I was going crazy managing all my weddings and searching for certain correspondence from a certain bride, I was sometimes mixing up dates and losing certain files all together. I love being able to pull up my bride’s file and having all of our correspondence in one place, along with all of my files for them.

Cons

I wish there were more options for the pre made templates, that we can title and choose from. For now, I can only make the one follow up email. There are others that I would like to make. Also, I wish I could change the body of the email and it would save it to how I would like to word it. For now, I have to change some wording around every time I send out files to my potential clients. I also really would like to be able to make a timeline through HoneyBook. For now I have to create it in another space and email it separately to my client. It would be nice to have it all under the same file, especially with handling so many brides and weddings.

Amanda from Hawthorn Hills

Honeybook Makes Running a Business Less Time Consuming

Honeybook has saved me HOURS every week - which for me means more time with my family and less time in front of a screen. It's so easy to add projects and keep all communication in one place for reference, and the option to add files to each event keeps everything in one place which is GOLDEN. On the back end we love the reporting function for taxes, tracking how we are doing and our goals. I can't speak enough great things about Honeybook!

Pros

Honeybook does a great job about giving you the ability to customize your proposals, brochures, invoices and more. The calendar being linked to google is AWESOME and not having to track down late payments is great so I can focus on my client's and their goals. They're constantly updating, adding and expanding the services which is nice as our business grows too.

Cons

There are some kinks, especially if trying to work it with a team of employees that are not the best and if you aren't careful can result in double coverage or gaps. The timeline feature is helpful when it's not constantly freezing or crashing and is basic but when workings awesome! Quickbook link - doesn't completely speak with Quickbooks so if you also link a bank account it will result in double entries and occasional mis-logs. For us it was easier to disconnect, fix the past and just compare moving forward.

Matt from La Lune Creative, LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

One of the best customer service relationship managers around!

We've been using them for a couple of years now and just recently moved our second business into the HB system. We're happy with the way things are and don't plan on changing anytime soon!

Pros

Honeybook has everything we need to run our two companies (and we use it for both). Support has been absolutely excellent, and we love how they're constantly adding new features and templates. HoneyBook is easy to use and they take security seriously, which we value.

Cons

They're stuck in the Stripe system for payments with zero other options. We run our businesses using PayPal and the lack of paymention options pales in comparison to a couple of the CRM competitors out there. The app could use with a UX/UI redesign for the new decade. It's easy to use, but could be much better.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

They offered the same type of service geared towards our industry (designers) vs some of the other competitors.

Marian from Ashley McCaskill Creative

I couldn't live without HoneyBook

I use Honeybook to communicate with my clients from day1, I use it to send proposals, service brochures, drafts of projects, invoices. I use it as my overall project management system to make sure I'm on top of everything and I use it manage my expenses.

Pros

HoneyBook saves me mountains of time by organizing all of my projects in one place, and allowing me to to track every detail of each project in an organized and easy way. This was the only system I could find that would allow me to communicate with clients, send proposals, attachments, contracts (that can be signed!), collect payments, track tasks and project phases, and manage all of my expenses in the same place. It's so intuitive and the HoneyBook team is incredibly available and helpful.

Cons

The ONLY things I dislike about the software are very minor. I wish that I could customize the project phases more, I wish that I had a live stop/start time tracking feature, I wish that I could customize the wording of my payment reminders, I wish that I could send an invoice from a proposal without duplicating the payment in the project (clients ask for that for their records), and I wish there was an iPad app.

Meredith from Blue Fancy Events

Honeybook - a game changer for my company

Honeybook is the perfect CRM for our company! It's so easy to use, and it has truly changed the way my company streamlines the booking and communication process. I would never switch to a different CRM.

Pros

I love the ability to use Honeybook in place of standard email. It makes the process of searching for specifics discussions significantly easier. I also really love the proposal templates, ease of invoicing, and the ability for my proposals to double as contracts. I LOVE the app!

Cons

I wasn't able to easily use connect to Quickbooks online.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

Price, ease of use, and having the ability to use it for communication with my clients.

Ronni from Perfect Touch Custom Weddings

Excellent Functional Techn

Love it overall.

Pros

I signed with Honeybook originally just to replace services that Wedding Wire had dropped. I expect this to be short term and didn't see that I would use it much besides what I needed to replace. I was absolutely mistaken!! This product changed the way I do business. My process from inquiry to booking is streamlined. The contract templates are solid. The entire suite of technology doesn't just make my job easier, it increases my value to my clients. I can't recommend Honeybook more highly! I am always telling others in my industsry what a valuable tool this is. Their customer support team is outstanding as well. Absolutely worth it!!

Cons

I wish I could go back to an email besides the last one and still reply to that rather than have to always start a new thread. I don't like that I can't tell if I have sent the Client Portal link to a client or not. I have a difficult time with the copy/paste function on my keyboard inside Honeybook.

Seemed a better fit.

Laura from Laura Schwinn Designs

Excellent platform for making my design business both faster and look more professional with clients

I got my life back and my business is doing better than ever!

Pros

So I was stuck spending tons of time neglecting friends and family trying to make ends meet with my freelance design business. One day I said enough is enough so I went out and tried a lot of all-in-one software products for people like me. I tried out 17hats. It was buggy and missing some key features. I tried Dubsado and their platform was minimal and just didn't "flow" with my creative business style. After a couple other platforms, I gave HoneyBook a try as a friend said they loved it and wow did it fit like a glove. It took a little time to get it fully ready to mesh with my business, but this is the real deal. I get paid faster, clients are signing up for more and more projects and having a one stop shop to run my business versus going between a bunch of free products like spreadsheets, email, invoicing ... I def recommend this to anyone looking to take their creative business to the next level.

Cons

no cons really, only thing I could have done was sign up for this sooner and really focus on spending the 2-3 hours getting my business plugged into HoneyBook as soon as possible

Alyssa from Alyssa Brownsmith Events

Honeybook Has The Best Customer Service I've Ever Found On A Platform

The fact that they take all your templates and do the onboarding for you alleviates the excuse of not wanting to transfer systems. The customer service is bar none. They are always quick, pleasant and offer advice and solutions when I cant find what I'm looking for.

Pros

Clean interface automation assists small businesses to ensure great customer service. Can add more than one company if you're like me and run different events and services.

Cons

still has some growing pains, but they are really receptive of suggestions. Would like to be able to have email coro come from a chain, and not have to send new emails from the system each follow up. The brochure maker is limited at the moment. Would like to see it more customizable. In Canada your clients can't pay you with online bank transfers, only available for US businesses.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

just seemed to have an interface, and features I liked better

Response from HoneyBook

Replied October 2019

We are very proud of our Concierge Team and we're so glad you agree, Alyssa! Thank you for being a HB member and sharing your feedback. I will pass along your comments to our product team!

Toni from Artifact Rentals

This tool will change your business!

Honeybook saves me time and allows me to manage a much higher amount of projects on my own without additional staff! I love having everything in one place and having my customized Honeybook contact form imbedded on my website so new inquiries automatically create a new project in the program without me doing anything!

Pros

Too many things to list! You can create, customize, and assign workflows to every project. It links to your calendar so everything is there at a glance, even brand new inquiries! You can create so many templates to save yourself time and energy by not rewriting the same thing with every project. Your contracts and invoicing are all in one place for the client to easily access. It also links with your Quickbooks account!

Cons

Some features could use a bit of refining. My main concern is that the signature lines on contracts aren't customizable, and for someone operating an LLC, we need to be able to add a title next to our name so that we are signing on behalf of the company, rather than personally as ourselves. I would also love to see better integration with Quickbooks. I regularly have to go in to QB and manually edit the tax rate for each project so that it will categorize properly. I also have had regular issues with tax being calculated/rounded differently for HB vs QB so that they show $0.01 balance still due in QB after a project is paid in full via HB.

Kendra from Paisley Layne Photography

Industry: Photography

Honeybook is part of my business 'team'

Honeybook was a game-changer for my business. It took me from being a side-hustle who felt a little disorganized to a full-fledged business owner who has her plan together!

Pros

I love how easy it makes it to keep my business organized. I like having everything for each client/project in one place. No more searching through email chains or paper contracts.

Cons

It takes some time to get set up and I wish there was some more flexibility in the pipeline customization.

David from Foxal LLC

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

I wish I had this two years ago!

Before using HoneyBook, I had so much trouble trying to keep track of multiple projects that were at different points in our process. That, mixed with the issue of trying to go back and forth scheduling with clients, plus the back and forth of getting contracts signed and chasing payments was a nightmare. Now, I finally have a system that keeps that all in one place, and allows me to give a streamlined, seamless experience for my clients. Honestly, it's helped me feel more confident about the rates we charge for the services we offer, and that's worth its weight in gold for me.

Pros

Being able to send a single document to a client that lets them view an invoice, sign a contract, and pay electronically all in one place is insanely helpful at keeping up the forward momentum with projects, and keeping things as simple as possible for my clients.

Cons

I run a video business, but we don't shoot weddings or events in the same way that regular videographers do, so being able to remove some of the "wedding-oriented" settings would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker (i.e. "budget, guests").

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

I'd heard good things about HoneyBook from another business owner in my network, and I liked how intuitive it seemed from YouTube videos I'd watched and from my time using it in the free trial.

Jeneve from Dubé Design Co

Industry: Graphic Design

My Clients LOVE Honeybook!

Oh my gosh, Honeybook has made my life SO much easier. As a freelancer, it is easy to drop the ball when you are only one person with multiple clients and projects. I love that there is a separate task list for each project that only I can see. The client portal makes me look so hi-tech to my clients and they love it! From the moment I paid for Honeybook, the support team made me feel a part of the family. They are super helpful, and the live orientations and video tutorials are beyond helpful. Most of all, I love how the tools in Honeybook inspire me to sell well, and more often--like the contact form, the brochure feature, and the email templates. Overall, a great platform.

Pros

The invoicing and contract system. I love that my clients can sign contracts digitally just by opening a link in their email. The interface is perfect, too. Friendly, but not too 'bubbly', so you still feel like a professional ;)

Cons

Honeybook has a ways to go with the calendar feature, like inviting clients to events and scheduling meetings. But of all the things Honeybook has to offer, this doesn't ruin the experience for me.

Kelly from Kelly Heck Photography

Industry: Photography

HoneyBook is a Life and Game CHANGER!

I have zero regrets investing in HoneyBook. I made my money back on tips on the first year alone. They are constantly developing new features to support their creative community. My customers, for the most part, find it very user-friendly and intuitive. I get bookings faster. I get paid faster. I get paid ON TIME most of the time - just incredible. The project stage tracking is a great reminder for ME, to make sure I don't miss a step (or a beat) with a customer. And outside of the software, there is a whole community based around HoneyBook - I haven't tapped into that much yet but I know it's strong and a very supportive and positive force.

Pros

The BEST feature of HoneyBook is transitioning from paper and emails to a completely online system.

Cons

Maybe if we could go back to old proposals to duplicate them? I know when you start a new proposal, the last few pop up to duplicate... I would like to be able to duplicate any. I have return customers and though it's minimal, it would save time entering their data.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

I didn't really research any other products. A friend, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], invited her creative community out one evening for a HoneyBook introduction. After that she answered the questions I had, and I decided to jump on the investment option just before HoneyBook transitioned to a subscription only. I'm so glad I did.

Samantha from All Occasion Photography

Industry: Photography

I love honeybook for all my small business crm!

I have worked with the team and customer service multiple times, and they are always fantastic! When I first started with honeybook in 2016, they helped me move everything into their system and were always quick to help answer any question I had. I love honeybook!

Pros

It allows me to keep all my jobs organized. All emails, questionnaires and files are kept within their own project so both the client and I can easily keep track of everything regarding that specific job. It saves me countless hours with the templates, workflows and invoices all implemented.

Cons

We are not able to schedule emails yet within honeybook, very frustrating when working late and wanting to respond to someone without sending it past 8pm and still keeping everything organized. Payments take 2-3 days to deposit via stripe, but wish paypal was available or something where funds are delivered faster.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied November 2019

Samantha, thank you for your partnership for so many years! You will be happy to know we are actively looking into your feedback! More to come down the road!

Cindy from Katie & Cindy Photographer

Like Having a Personal Assistant 24/7

My overall experience with HoneyBook has been nothing but exceptional. I truly cannot imagine trying to run the business without it!

Pros

Having HoneyBook is like having a personal assistant willing and able to do anything (except grab coffee) 24/7! It keeps all of our clients details ready at our fingertips. It keeps up with important tax info for the end of the year. If we ever have question, no matter the time of day or day of week, a (very nice) rep gets back to you quickly! I, myself, have used the chat feature several times and they are just the friendliest and have always answered my question or solved y problem! HB's ability to keep all of our clients, details, templates and financial transactions in order is a game changer for us!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one con to using HoneyBook.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

I did not choose HoneyBook over an alternate or comparable software product. I had heard of HB and one other similar system through other photographers and literally chose HB over the other, "just because". And am so thankful that we did!!

Clients, Community, Platform

Love it, hands down one of the best decisions I made for my company was to use HoneyBook as our CRM. The team at HoneyBook HQ is fantastic and super responsive to improvement suggestions from their user community. They have built a fantastic supportive user community that I love being a small part of.

Pros

This platform is so easy to use and gives my clients one of the best and easiest experiences they could have. It’s a polished platform that’s lets me easily help my clients and give them the best experience possible for their wedding or event.

Cons

I would like a more robust Archive management, and a comprehensive workflow automation system, but I know they are working on it.

Elle from Elle's Belles Bakery

Amazing product! Changed my life.

Really positive. It has done so much to make my life easier and to improve customer relations. It keeps us organized and our clients informed. It is so easy and all in one place. I cant say enough great things about HoneyBook. I will yell it from the rooftops if you would like. It has answered all my issues and then some. I love how efficient it is. LOVE LOVE!!! It has made such a difference in my Business. SO MANY reasons to love HONEYBOOK!!

Pros

Its so efficient, easy to use and so professional looking. I love the Library, the Contracts, Proposals, client interface page with everything kept in one neat organized place fro the client, my team and the Wedding planner. Its brilliant. Brilliant. It is the answer to all my difficulties before finding HoneyBook. I thing every Wedding processional needs to be using this product.

Cons

Love it all. Seriously! I haven't had one problem that wasn't addressed or fixed by a customer service representative.

Paola from Photoventura

Selling creative services is all about visuals!

The ease of having everything in one place and the clean look of its client view.

Pros

This is a stunningly beautiful tool for creatives. What I like the most is that it helps make it easy for the client to understand the value of my services, as it helps a lot with the perception they have of me. People tend to think our line of work is something they can do themselves or have done for less or free... Up until they realize everything that's behind the services we offer, and that they can rest assured they'll get a quality (photography coverage, in my case). So when they first get a beautiful honeybook quote, I have a head start already. Everything I used to cover with my previous studio management tool is there: calendar view, online contracts, reports, etc. The quickbooks integration was the make or break for me, and I'm glad I went with this tool because it makes it SO much easier every year. The team collaboration aspect of it also is a fave of mine. Since I'm using this, I've quit 3 different apps/tools and now everything happens in honeybook. If that's not powerful and helpful, then I don't know what is!

Cons

The only thing missing would be user levels so that I can give specific access to other members of my team. I use the team collaboration for many things now, but it would be more helpful to have restricted access instead. I kicked one star only because this is no longer such a necessary feature for me, but I still find it useful for users at large.

Shannon from The Busy Bee

Our Best Investment

HoneyBook is the single most profitable tool we have implemented in our business. The automated processes have save us so much time and made us much more profitable. Also, customer support is always so helpful!

Pros

We loved how this software streamlined our business by creating automated processes to give us more time to work on our actual work. It made us 10x more profitable!

Cons

In the beginning, it did not have many options to make the software look on brand from a client’s perspective or much flexibility and changing the design of brochures and templates. As a creative business it is important for our pieces to look custom designed, even down to our contract. This has improved significantly over the years!

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

The customer service and HoneyBook’s willingness to get on the phone with us to share their features and how they would work for our business.

Have not looked back

I have had HoneyBook as part of my business for years, and it was one of the best decisions I have made. It helps me directly respond to website inquiries, keep my projects organized, electronically invoice, send proposals and contracts oh yeah, and collaborate if I chose to, with other vendors on a project. That I can safely collect payments and schedule future payments from clients is a huge benefit. The client recieves automatic reminders without me lifting a finger!

Pros

As a photographer,I greatly appreciate its beauty. I am able to customize a proposal, invoice or contract with MY images alongside text, and they go from a boring document to an eye catching professional electronic tool that enables me to seemlessly conduct business.

Cons

Sometimes it is too progressive for me! I am after all a photog and not a tech geek. That’s when I reach out for help, and the support team is there to walk me through.

Beverley from Social Media With Beverley Theresa

Missing the one crucial piece for an all in one business system

The customer service and sales rep I dealt with were really great. They totally understood my situation and I didn't feel pressured into subscribing when they knew how important the Company Name field was for my business. Everything about Honeybook is great and I would subscribe in a heartbeat if they added that field!

Pros

I loved the availability to add visuals to almost everything created in Honeybook. It really helped reflect my brand to clients and potential clients. The dashboard is intuitive and not confusing, everything is where it should be!

Cons

My one gripe about Honeybook, and the reason why I never ended up subscribing is that they are missing an essential field on the client information side. There is NO place to put the client's Business/Company Name. I work with individuals at businesses, but when it comes to invoicing or bringing up their information in Honeybook, I was unable to invoice the client under their Business Name. Instead I had to invoice them by their name, which is a huge blocker as I'm not invoicing an individual I'm invoicing the Company they work for. This was such a critical field and working with their customer service and sales rep, it had been requested in the past by others but never implemented. It just blew my mind how everything about Honeybook can be amazing but they don't have a field for Company Name!

Great All-In-One Tool

I love it. It's improved my clients' experiences working with me and helped me automate several processes of my business. It's been one of the best decisions I've made for my business.

Pros

HoneyBook has all the features I needed: invoicing, creating contracts and proposals, digital signing for clients, time tracking, etc. But it also has everything I wanted on top of those: automated workflows, email templates, digital brochures for prospects to click and choose, a pipeline to track everyone from inquiry to signed contract to deposit paid. Each tool is beautifully designed, and I get positive feedback from clients about how seamless the experience is on their end.

Cons

Most of the templates seem designed with photographers in mind. As a graphic designer, marketing consultant, and business coach, I have to adapt everything pretty heavily. However, HoneyBook provides an awesome foundation to start with and tons of flexibility.

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

It's designed for me as a creative BUSINESS, not just a freelancer.

Mandy from Mandy Holiman Photography

LIFESAVER!!!

Time saving, organized, easy to use

Pros

Honestly, HoneyBook has made my entire workflow more organized and easier. My work is so much faster and easier to find now. I love that I can see all of my incoming money in one place. It is organized by client/project. You can integrate your calendar so that your sessions show up on your Google calendar on your phone. It's wonderful. Plus, anytime you need help, customer service responds super fast!

Cons

I wish I could do even more customizations. But it's getting there!

Reasons for Choosing HoneyBook CRM

Honestly, how fast their customer service got in touch with me and how easy it was to use.

Response from HoneyBook

Replied November 2019

Thank you for your honesty Mandy! Great to hear!

Ginny from Imagine Images Photo

Industry: Photography

Essential for a small business!

I love this software. It keeps the admin side of the business so organized.

Pros

Honeybook has been crucial to staying organized in business. All of the messages with the client about their project are in one place instead of searching through emails to find them. The online contracts are so much easier than paper contracts . Payment reminders are automatically sent to the client. You can make another workspace on projects to coordinate with other vendors and team members.

Cons

I can't think of anything I dislike about Honeybook. There are constantly new and helpful features being added and support has always been pretty quick to respond.

Marsha from The Photegé

Industry: Photography

Honeybook has been such a lifesaver for me over the last few years. It keeps me organized and ready!

Business and organization

Pros

Customer service team is super responsive, friendly and easy to work with. Customization is easy to do and I love the ability to add tasks and workflow items. Keeping track of my income and projects makes life so much easier. Being able to respond to clients immediately instead of having to wait until "I get back to my office". Being able to send and sign contracts online has been a HUGE timesaver. Also being able to pull up a client's contract while out of the office has been amazing!

Cons

There are a few features that I wish I had but with all great things, patience is key so I don't mind waiting! The CS team has been amazing at adding all the feature requests from users.

Dena from Low-Key Love LLC

Industry: Photography

I would be lost without it!

Before I signed up for Honeybook, I was on the fence because I didn't think I "needed" it. I was a photographer that did about 8-10 events a year. However, I'm so glad I took the plunge, because as time went on, I grew into the software, and now I can't live without it! I don't even know how I managed all my clients before. It definitely helps keep me organized and my clients find it really impressive. It definitely makes me and my business more efficient, provide a better client experience, as well as helps to show that I am a professional in my field.

Pros

Helps keep me organized, and is very user friendly. Clients love using it too!

Cons

I've been with Honeybook since they launched. At the time, I had wished there was a little more functionality/bells and whistles, but they're continually adding/modifying features, which has been great!