All HoneyBook Reviews

HoneyBook User Review

Lindsey

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

A tool to check off multiple boxes

Overall I love Honeybook. I signed up when there was a super good deal but when it came time to renew, it was an easy choice to keep going with it. I use it to ease my new client onboarding and that alone is well worth it. All the other features are just a bonus.

PROS

I like that it gives me the ability to have multiple tools within one software. I don't need an extra scheduling tool, I don't need a CRM, I don't need an invoicing tool, I don't need a form builder for my website. Honeybook handles all of those things for me which makes it really simple to keep it all in one place.

CONS

Some things aren't really intuitive so I have to use the help resources or ask customer support for help in figuring things out. The great thing is that the support team is really easy to chat with and makes things really simple.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

I needed more out of what I was using and Honeybook solved a few different problems at once so it was an easy choice.

Penny

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

Best choice I made for my business yet

Payment processing was always a challenge until I found Honeybook. I love that the automated convenience of honey book. I set my templates, it does the rest. I send an invoice, it bills, reminds and keeps everything squared away. Not to mention it auto-deposits funds into my account. IT keeps me in business!

PROS

Running my own business where clients contract via email and forms through my website can get overwhelming when trying to keep track of small but important details. Invoicing, payment processing, contracts, client communication, client surveys and now they have a feature where you can connect with other local professionals on projects. Very useful.

CONS

I wish it was a little more upscale looking on fonts, colors and the user experience. My brand is more of a luxury brand so I want customers to feel like when they're being transferred to the contract or payment portion of our interactions that they're still receiving a luxury experience.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

The pricing at the time was really affordable to get into. I did the one time purchase instead of a monthly fee. They were super helpful and explained they would put all my company details in for me as well as add my email templates and my collection pricing for invoicing. They did this and it was a breeze to answer right into. Also, they have their mobile app so I can reply, invoice and book clients on the go from the convenience of my phone.

Tracy

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Traumatized: 2 Years of Headaches then back Square 1

Traumatizing. They’ve got the right idea but not a single clue about operating a business. In the end, the lesson learned in my own business is to stop paying for headaches sooner rather than later.

PROS

Customizing the aesthetics of Client facing files was the reason we used it and the time invested in getting those things created, was why we stuck with it far longer than we should have. Regret every penny and every hour spent on this software, ultimately they “updated” their format (again) and we had to start all over - at our expense and time investment. They lost every payment dispute, dispute our never having lost one when we could handle them: our contracts are iron clad. You’re not given the choice to handle dispute: they must do it - they charge you for it too!

CONS

Customer service is pass-the-buck and no phone number and call backs hours to days later…don’t bother calling on a Friday afternoon, and if u do biz on weekends - too bad for you. Extremely slow to create something, it freezes, slow to upload assets, not intuitive to use whatsoever, help docs are vague. I once begged them to add non-gmail email and they told me their software was “not sophisticated” enough for me.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

Already using Notion for biz operations, added the functionality of Honeybook to Notion myself using Typeform integrations. I wouldn’t have had the knowledge to do this 3 yrs ago when I started w Honeybook, learning Notion has been a fantastic investment of time and very inexpensive.

bengono

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

efficiency

PROS

thanks to this software, I am more and more efficient at work

CONS

I find it really expensive and it's not known to the general public.

Steve

Photography, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The sweetest solution for photographers

Honeybook continues to be a game-changer for our photography business. It has been an integral part of our daily workflow for years now. This year they added calendar and booking functionality.

PROS

Love the customer service. Whenever I need help they are always right there. We use HB for every booking. As soon as a lead goes active, we start a new project and manage everything from communication to proposal to contact to invoicing with HB.

CONS

There could maybe be more freedom to customize but really it's just an advanced issue. First world problems.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

Honeybook is more accessible and ready to deploy.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Honeybook does so much more for us than just bookkeeping.

Matthew

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Streamline your Booking Experience

The software has made our small business more efficient and allows us to focus on the clients, as we run a client based business, it is important that we can take the time we used to spend invoicing, requesting contracts, and following up on payments to interact with our clients more.

PROS

Honeybook streamlines your process into an easy to use system, once the initial set up, from questionnaires to Invoices and Contracts you have all the tools you need to manage your projects. The desktop and mobile app add flexibility to what you can do with your business at home, in the office, or on the go.

CONS

The setup process is a bit tricky and unless you have familiarized yourself with template creation, pay someone to build your templates, or find a premade on to edit to work for your needs it is a bit overwhelming if you have no experience at all with creating online templates or websites.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

QuickBooks did not provide the updated features we were looking for and although it has many tools to use it isn't a smooth transition into each step for our clients.

Reviewed September 2022

A Great Resource For Small Businesses

PROS

One, they created flexibility with pricing; for someone who wants to use the platform but uses a different checkout option, there is a very affordable tier. That tier is also fantastic for those just getting started. I've always found it crazy that more platforms don't carry an option like this for beginners. Since I've been with Honeybook, they have been improving the software; they recently just came out with a fantastic feature to take your lead or on a streamlined journey.

CONS

I hope they allow us to ACTUALLY customize our project pipeline at some point. Not everyone has the same process, and there is stuff I can't take off because it's default. I also wish there was an easier way to just send someone to the item to be sold page rather than taking them to a pipeline, we all get leads differently, and I'd like to skip a step for some people.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Way more features besides calendar booking and payments.

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2023

Great for contracts and invoicing

I use the software for the valuable contracts and simplified invoicing. The added features of auto-billing and recurring billing is great. The increased transaction fees are unfortunate, whereas competitors offer quicker deposits vs Honeybook. There have been dozens of new features and expanded capabilities added to the software, however, I have never been able to learn the initial project features to try taking advantage of the new smartfile features. Hiring a pro is incredibly expensive.

PROS

Easy to use invoicing platformCRM helps maintain contacts and specificsContract templates are perfect for my needs

CONS

Payments take much longer to deposit vs competitorsThe pipeline and smart file functionality takes a degree to figure out. After two years I am still not using these featuresClients do not like the notifications on every change within their project

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

I thought I would be able to use the project management platform in Honeybook. The PM platform is not great and I switched to BasesCamp free instead. I often use Square for invoicing as the fees are lower and I receive the deposit faster without an extra free.

Reviewed May 2019

Great All-In-One Tool

I love it. It's improved my clients' experiences working with me and helped me automate several processes of my business. It's been one of the best decisions I've made for my business.

PROS

HoneyBook has all the features I needed: invoicing, creating contracts and proposals, digital signing for clients, time tracking, etc. But it also has everything I wanted on top of those: automated workflows, email templates, digital brochures for prospects to click and choose, a pipeline to track everyone from inquiry to signed contract to deposit paid. Each tool is beautifully designed, and I get positive feedback from clients about how seamless the experience is on their end.

CONS

Most of the templates seem designed with photographers in mind. As a graphic designer, marketing consultant, and business coach, I have to adapt everything pretty heavily. However, HoneyBook provides an awesome foundation to start with and tons of flexibility.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

It's designed for me as a creative BUSINESS, not just a freelancer.

Anna

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2019

Game-changing software

Amazing! 10/10. They have an excellent team, and the software is so easy to use.

PROS

I love that HoneyBook allows me to get paid faster! The templates feature is amazing. Everything about this software makes the user a better, more organized business owner.

CONS

I wish HB wasn't so laser-focused on wedding professionals--I'd love for them to provide more features for other creative professionals as well.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

I knew someone that worked there and he gave me his referral code!

Casey

Events Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

From Employee to Business Owner Honeybook has been by my Side

Overall, Honeybook saves us so much time and allows my business to be operated with only 2 full time employees. If I were to try and run this business on my own, without Honeybook, I would not be able to give my clients the attention to detail and quick response time they deserve.

PROS

There is a very small learning curve using Honeybook. When I convinced my previous employer to purchase Honeybook, I realized how very quick and easy it was to integrate into the company. Now, as a business owner, my employees can utilize Honeybook as well and our company can have full transparency on where we are at with each client.

CONS

I really wish that Batch Emailing had more options. We often need to send specific batch emails to our clients dependednt on which stage they are at on our timeline. Only having the options to hand select each client to send the batch emails to or to send them to our entire client list is an inefficient use of our time and thus we find no use for this tool that has so much potential to be so valuable to our business.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

I felt that Honeybook was more customizable and offered more specific tools geared towards streamlining the areas that I needed help with most.

Charlie

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Solid Payment Invoicing & Proposal Tool

8/10. Once the client has paid the first time, their automated recurring payment solution is working really well for me.

PROS

I moved away from Quickbooks online because they didn't have an easy way to send customers automatic recurring invoices. Honeybook had pre-built service agreements along with the automated recurring payments feature I needed for my business. It was appealing to work with them because set up was very easy to get what we needed up and running

CONS

After a client pays their invoice, it usually takes 12-24 hours for Honeybook to send me a confirmation email saying they've paid. This is (I don't use this word often) absurd. With Quickbooks, I know payment confirmation comes in within 10 minutes. Especially if I am going to start work with a client right as they pay, this hurdle in their platform stops me from getting to work right away. It usually leads to me emailing my customer "Did you pay the invoice?" then them replying "I did!" then me looking into Honeybook wondering why the heck it hasn't come in and making me look foolish to my client... Then I finally get the notification the next day. It's the #1 feature request they need to get updated.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

Because they have online scheduling, and pre-built proposals/service agreements to use. More of an all-in-one platform.

Kaycee

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2022

Honeybook is a game-changer for Service Oriented Small-Businesses

The biggest problem that I've struggled with since launching my business is obtaining payment in a timely fashion. Honeybook totally fixed that problem for me. I don't have to give a laundry-list of payment methods or pay for additional payment services, wait around for physical checks, or process e-checks. My customers just plop in their card information and then it hits my bank account. SO. NICE.

PROS

Honeybook took my booking process to a massively higher level of success. My contracts are all signed, and invoices are paid before I even start designing. I walk my customers through the process and we discuss TAT and rates, next steps, and then I kick them over the Proposal with the same details we discussed during the sale. With other software I've struggled to receive timely payments, or contract signatures. Not anymore!

CONS

The contract templates are pretty limited to social media management and marketing ops. I think that every business needs their own contracts, period, but it would be nice to have a better starting place for other service providers. Additionally, the emails that Honeybook kicks out for proposals, payments, contracts and the like have reportedly found their way to many of my customer's spam box. I just warn them ahead of time, but it's not super reassuring to some more leery customers.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Paypal kept hitting us with 21 day holds, despite us never having a return in our 6 months of operation. We had to use multiple software touch-points that were just falling totally flat, and killed our conversion rate. We currently have an 80% close rate, thanks to Honeybook!

Duane

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2021

Honeybook just works!

I am very happy with the software.

PROS

I really like how seamless, intuitive, and robust honeybook is. I like how it keeps me on track and integrates with calendars, emails, and helps my clients stay organized.

CONS

Some of the features I would like to see in the future would be the ability to integrate a "store"-like function directly into the crm. I would like my clients to be able to choose from options that I offer and those choices to become a proposal or invoice.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

I liked Honeybook's interface more.

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Dj Event Planner was clunky and bloated with features that I never used.

Rae

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

Best CRM!

Honeybook has given me the confidence to run my business like a boss. When I send clients proposal, contacts and invoices I look and feel professional. The user interface is clean, easy to use and navigate.

PROS

I really like how well thought out everything is. Honeybook meets my business needs on multiple levels. It's given my business the structure that it needed. My business looks good every step of the way with custom brochures, questionnaire and well drafted contracts. I started using Honeybook at the start of the pandemic and was amazed at the customer service. Honeybook stepped in to provide it's community with webinars and resources on how each business could navigate the pandemic. They went above and beyond and for that I am grateful.

CONS

I have nothing bad to say about Honeybook

Reasons for switching to HoneyBook

Pixifi was straight up ugly! The user experience was not fun. I felt like it was lacking key features to smoothly run my business.

Corbin

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Can’t do business without it!

It’s streamlined, helpful beyond what I can write here. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone with a small business with multiple clients.

PROS

The workflow feature helps me keep track of everything from inquiries down to executing the final details before the event. It’s easy to use and customer service is quick and helpful when I do get stuck!

CONS

I wish the deposits and payments made were a little clearer on my end so I don’t have the check the bank and HoneyBook at the same time to cross reference. That being said, I JUST started using the payment feature and it could be that I’m just not used to it yet.

Reason for choosing HoneyBook

It fit more of my needs as an event venue owner

Daniela