All Hostaway Reviews

Reviewed April 2022

Support from Hostaway

Anastasiia

Reviewed June 2023

We are absolutely thrilled to join the Hostaway family

PROS

We love how intuitive it is to use it. The onboarding process is very easy to follow and [sensitive content hidden] from Onboarding Team has been absolutely amazing! The integration of the OTAs has been instant, the payment system is great, the booking engine seems quite easy to use too. We've been using it for less than a month but it is already saving us so much time with the automation of all the processes.

CONS

So far, the only issue we have is that there is no way to tag the apartments or mark the reservations with a tag/note "early check-in" or "luggage drop off" in the App so our team can be notified, can easily see the changes and prioritize cleaning of those apartments. That would be a brilliant addition in the future!

Reason for choosing Hostaway

The price, clear communication, very structured emails and amazing Sales Team.

Yuna

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Best Customer Support

Great software overall. Would recommend to the property managers.

PROS

Fast and proactive Customer Support. [sensitive content hidden] is the best at handling tickets. When my CS ticket is handled by [sensitive content hidden], I know that it will be resolved fast and in the most professional manner.

CONS

I wouldn't say it's a con but I don't quite understand how reviews work on HostAway

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

Couldn't get the features rolled that would meet our business needs

justin

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

watch out or your listings will be held hostage

customer support is very impatient with helping adn they want you to just watch the videos and do everything yourself unless you absolutely need help. If you call the agent will be rude if you don't know how to navigate their site well so do not call or ask for help until you have tried using thier software for a few months.

PROS

i liked being able to make changes to channels all at once

CONS

they locked us out of the account, disabled it and all of the listings on all channels the second our credit card payment did not go through. we could not even log in to change payment methods. we were threatened that it would remain blocked without access to any files until we paid. their smart lock feature never worked

Reason for choosing Hostaway

a friend used it and the sales agent made it sound like it was really easy and anyone could set it up. We never heard from him again after paying. He would not answer the phone and when we did get him he said to watch the videos or email support.

Patrik

Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Don’t use Hostaway. You will regret it.

Negative in the extreme. We are having to go to court to try and get money back that hostaway charged us after canceling. Don’t let them get your financial info. You will regret it.

CONS

Hostaway was a total ripoff. Horrible customer support and very difficult to use. And if you do use it you will have a very difficult time getting rid of it. They billed me even after canceling and refused to refund money. And it took weeks to relist properties in VRBO after canceling HOSTAWAY resulting in major losses.

MICHAELA

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Great software totally worth it!

EXCELLENT, IT REALY HAS EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO MANAGE THE PROPERTIES.

PROS

EASY OF USE INTUITIVE BOOKING ENGINE CONNECTIVITY WITH THE PLATFORMS MESSAGING SYSTEM (WHATSAPP, EMAIL OR PLATFORM MESSAGE)

CONS

LIMITED TIME FOR THE VIDEO CALLS. SOMETIMES TO RESOLVE ALL THE ISSUES OR EXPLAIN THE USE WE HAD TO MAKE 2 OR 3 CALLS

Reason for choosing Hostaway

Explication of your product was clear and the person who was representing you answered all my questions and doubt.

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

AJ the global sale manager in expo in Cancun, he just responded all my questions and more :)

Jessica

Hostaway friendly using

PROS

Very easy to use and if you have an issue you just create a ticket and get assistance fast.

CONS

No agents available for a phone call in case I beet to solve an issue at the moment.

Reason for choosing Hostaway

I choose hostaway because the amount of reviews and the time in the market.

Caroline

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Stay away! Featured advertised are not reality

PROS

Their sales pitch was very strong and elaborate

CONS

We had their sales rep falsely represent the company and their software functionality to close the deal. Once we started we realized the tool does nothing he said it would.. beware as this will cost you more time and money than the “solutions” it gives. The tool has so many bugs and quirks. The worst part is that 7 days later when we asked to cancel they kept our full onboarding fee and full subscription fee! Even tho they alnowleged they mis sold us, we had to dispute with our credit card because they went radio Silent. Bad business and bad software. Betters are out

I cancelled within 7 days. Hostaway was not what advertised

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

Wanted something that integrated channels for listing creation

Todd

Hostaway = value!

PROS

Multiple calendar management, consolidated inbox

CONS

Financial formulas take a bit to learn but worth it.

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

Reccomendation from trusted source - external group.

Reviewed November 2023

Highly recommended for self-management

So far, so good! It's still early though.

PROS

Hostaway enabled us to cut ties with an expensive and bureaucratic STR management company. The program gave us mush greater control over virtually every aspect of our business.

CONS

It is a complex program that requires training (provided by a Hostaway on boarding specialist) to use. It is also more geared to managing multiple listings; I'd like to see "light" version for single listings.

Reason for choosing Hostaway

Reviews on social media media, especially Facebook groups.

Cash

Reviewed April 2024

Hands down the best PMS we’ve used!

We would rate our experience thus far 10/10. Honestly!

PROS

As beginners, we love how user friendly this platform is. Also, for our onboarding, our onboard mentor was 10/10, knowledgeable, so helpful and if he didn’t know how to answer certain questions, we had the extended team brought in and they handled everything promptly and in a very professional manner.

CONS

Smart locks, however this isn’t to do hostaway technically it’s do do with Seam.

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

It was very expensive & didn’t have our smart locks/ wasn’t as easy to integrate.

Christy

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Hostaway Is Amazing!!!

Awesome! So far it's been a fabulous experience, thanks to [sensitive content hidden] !!!

PROS

[sensitive content hidden] was awesome! He was super-duper helpful and made my Hostaway onboarding super simple and answered all of my questions and then some. His experience as a property manager also was incredibly valuable. How it integrates EVERYTHING... bookings, website, finacials, etc, etc.

CONS

I am still learning.... I wish I knew it like the back of my hand but don't yet.

Reason for choosing Hostaway

It seemed much more simple and user friendly.

zaira

Easy and productive

It has been great, easy and moving fast.

PROS

I love how now I can have my direct bookings very easily and everything was pretty much set up already without me having to take hours of my time transferring all my listings and details. Its very easy to use, very detailed and I had no issues adapting to the system.

CONS

I think I like everything so far, everything ran very smooth and easy.

Reason for choosing Hostaway

I booked a place that was using hostaway and it was easy to make the reservation.

Rene

Reviewed October 2020

A great Product that listens to users...

Hostaway saves me time and this is a really big thing. We have a lot of moving parts in the hospitality business. The fact that there is a lot of automation possibilities in the product makes our lives a lot easier and time won can be focused on other Business Development tasks.

PROS

The software is intuitive and easy to use. Clear user interface that is not complicated. The first setup is very easy and when questions arise, the helpdesk is really quick in answering. Team is also helpful with the setup. Most importantly, the team listens to what we, the users, are missing and will implement in fairly short time.

CONS

I do not have any real cons for Hostaway product. Like many of the similar products it does not have all in it what we would need (Like good Owners Reporting Tool) but it is 90% of what we need to run our business.

Reason for choosing Hostaway

The completeness of the Hostaway Product won me over. Also the price to what was offered between the three products won me over to go to for Hostaway. Also the attention of the team to really support us in the transfer to Hostaway.

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

VREASY was missing a lot of functions we would like to have to run business smoother. (And safe us time) Also, the product felt "dated" and there were not many new functions rolled out.

Jamie

Reviewed January 2021

Exceptional Support - Software is still young but off to a great start

I like this company, their culture, and their obvious commitment to the client. The software is very intuitive, user-friendly, and has a fantastic design. Lastly, their customer support is exceptional. They are obviously committed to working with the client and making sure their end users are happy.

PROS

I appreciate the simplicity and user-friendliness of Hostaway. The display is appealing to the eyes and the menus are intuitive. Additionally, the customer support team accessibility is hugely beneficial. I can get quick answers to my questions - they are very responsive. The value of that is beyond measure for a property manager or someone who has a demanding schedule.

CONS

The software could offer more templates and automation as it relates to booking and task management. There are a number of processes that take place due to different scenarios as it relates to guests, their needs, and changes in reservations. My experience thus far with Hostaway is that they are actively improving their product which is very nice.

Reason for choosing Hostaway

1. Software intuitiveness 2. User-friendliness 3. Mobile App 4. Implementation support 5. Dynamic pricing tool

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

I worked with OwnerRez for a month and a half and the onboarding was still in process. While the software was sophisticated and thorough, the onboarding process was painful. Their support is only available via an email ticketing system. I was lucky if I got a 1-2 hour meeting once a week and at the end I was criticized for needing so much support. Transitioning to a channel manager and scaling your operations from working with individual platforms is no easy task. Myself and my assistant were in flux for a very long period of time and OwnerRez did not appreciate that.

Simon

Reviewed November 2022

Hostaway is terrible. Looking for a new PMS

After I read a lot of review about this software, I was confident that it wil be the best for my Hostel. Since we started with Hpstaway, we had a lot of deception. We are looking for a new software.

CONS

We had a price arrangement at for the first few month and it was competitive (20$/room/months). Hostaway ignor the deal that we had and start charging me 50$/rooms/months. We can not affort the new pricing and we will have to change software as soon as possible. It's terrible for us to go back and change software again because it's a lot of additionnal job for us and our employee.

Reason for choosing Hostaway

I regret that I have switch to Hostaway and that I will have to switch again because it's a terrible software.

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

Simon, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our software. We have signed contracts for every customer and I'm shocked to hear that you were charged differently than what was in your contract. I'm going to send you my information, please email me back so that we can get this figured out. This is not something that is normal. -Josh from Hostaway

Replied December 2022

Christine

Reviewed May 2023

So happy we switched to Hostaway!

Fantastic! Telephone support is fabulous and they record calls and send them back. We worked with [sensitive content hidden] and some financials and her knowledge of Hostaway and the other channels was impressive.

PROS

I looked no less than 10 property management software/channel management software systems and Hostway was far more effective than the other system combined.

CONS

I am a fast study. I wish we could book onboarding calls very other week. There appears to be a shortage of onboarding specialists. Luckily the system is user friendly and I went ahead and completed things on my own :)

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

No real financial reporting and the app was inconsistant.

Thank you for taking the time to share such a glowing review of Hostaway. We're thrilled to hear that you found our property management software more effective than others you've tried. This is exactly what we aim for! We appreciate your feedback on our onboarding process. We strive to make it as streamlined as possible for our users, and we're glad to hear that you were able to navigate the system independently due to its user-friendly design. We understand that our customers may need more frequent onboarding sessions and we apologize if we were unable to meet that need. Your input will be taken into account as we continue to improve our services. This is something we're currently working on. It's fantastic to hear that you found our phone support and the expertise of our team impressive. It's also great to hear that you've experienced the benefits of our call recording policy. This is part of our commitment to transparency and ensuring we're providing the best service possible. We're happy to have you here at Hostaway and are seeing the benefits, especially in financial reporting. Your feedback is invaluable to us, and we'll continue to work on enhancing the consistency of our app. Thank you once again for your kind words and for choosing Hostaway. We look forward to continuing to support your property management needs. -Josh

Replied June 2023