Hostaway

Hostaway Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Good all in one package, easy integration with Airbnb, good layout, each unit calendar is good, the same basis as Airbnb."
  • icon"Hostaway has been a great company to work with. Great customer service and everything is as promised and advertised."
  • icon"The software has been immensely helpful in automating messages and cleaning schedules with our several cleaning staff. The free booking engine website is an additional advantage."
  • icon"I'm trying to look up last years revenue for taxes and it will only show me until last april so I am missing 3 months."
  • icon"Show 0 empathy on money lost due to their mistakes."
  • icon"The last issue I flagged for Hostaway was something that negatively affected EVERY user of their software."

Have you used Hostaway and would like to share your experience with others?

All Hostaway Reviews

Midge

April 2022

Support from Hostaway

Pat

New to Hostaway

Initial training is excellent.

Pros

Learning how to manage multiple channels, as well as incorporate Owner Payments and our personal website.

Cons

Too soon to say, but I will say there are a few functions that could be improved. Time will tell.

Price and integration

Rachel

Easy Fixes and Long-Term Solutions

Despite it's typical ease of use, I have had a few technical issues with Hostaway. But their support team has done all they can to help me. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] helped me this last time and scheduled a call to clear up a sync issue with another program. They were very professional and stayed on as long as it took.

Pros

The ability to use it on my phone as an app gives me my freedom.

Cons

The system bugs are ongoing, there's always a new issue.

Reasons for choosing Hostaway

This program offers everything at a better quality.

Helena

November 2022

Shakira was amazing! Best part of Hostaway, thus far!

Very good in some ways, slow to truly get up and running with current available resources.

Pros

Shakira has helped us three times. She is wonderful and truly has been our lifeline. Her knowledge and expertise makes our time together very fruitful. Our lack of stars has been on the software itself and having it "talk" properly with ALL channels. We would also like a way to educate ourselves. A class would be great.

Cons

Lack of tutorials and available time to ask questions to onboard our company. Once we get on Shakira's calendar, she is WONDERFUL.

Reasons for choosing Hostaway

I was told that the different channels could be brought to one place. That different bank accounts could be listed for each property and that in general it was software to make our company's business flow with more efficiency.

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

To bring all channels into a single funnel/inbox and have all of those channels flow well into one location.

Vittorio

September 2022

Hostaway the most versatile channel manager

I am very satisfied , some things I think has to be clarified from the beggining .For example some part of the features of the web have difficulties with some browsers so I consider that they have to make that point since the beginning and don’t let the customer has an unnecessary problem to know that it is only a problem due to the browser . But this happens with a lot of software in the market , not only in hospitality.

Pros

The web is very complete and allow a lot of features. The app is very good and friendly but has to include some other features that are only possible to use in the web . I know they are working very fast on that and will be ready soon.

Cons

The software is ok but as any company works on the listings differently is difficult standardize everything and export the info to all the channels in one shot , that cause a loose of time and multiple revision at the beggining and any time there are changes.

Reasons for choosing Hostaway

We saw that the product was designed pointing to the future and I liked the app very flexible which now I think has to implement much more features . C

I was having difficulties

Midge

October 2022

Switch to Hostaway! Well worth it!

Hostaway has been exceptional to work with. They did not have live customer support over the phone until just recently and that has made a huge difference in my ease of handling problems

Pros

I have used multiple channel management software and Hostaway is by far the overall best. The pricing is very fair and the features are all very helpful to my business.

Cons

Implementing the software in the beginning was not very easy but once implemented and after a few months of the learning process it is now very easy to use

Customer support, pricing, ease of use

Customer support, pricing, ease of use

Response from Hostaway

Midge, Thank you so much for the honest review! Implementation of any new software can 100% be daunting, which is why we invest heavily in our onboarding teams. members. I am glad to hear that you're now implemented and have a good understanding of the platform. Also, I wanted to thank you for the feedback regarding our phone support. Our support team has been working to roll this out for the last few months, so we're glad to hear that it's making a difference. -Josh from Hostaway

Replied October 2022

Shonelle

User In LA

It's been really rough because it's been hard to get help. My initial onboarding took too long in my opinion and I didn't like that I was paying so much money but my units were not available for a long time after I first started paying. Relative to other solutions, I find you a bit expensive for my number of units and I was not exactly clear that I was being charged a separate fee for onboarding of $150. However I think compared to other onboarding charges, you are not on the high end.Honestly I was ready to cancel this service. I usually cannot get a person when I call, the emails of people calling me are somehow always missed (there's no evidence of a missed call on my side though your emails state you have called me) and literally I have limited brain bandwidth for a lot of this as I am running multiple businesses on my own. The hours on the computer can really zap a person.But thank goodness for [SENSITIVE CONTENT]! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] answered one of my calls for help and was so kind and patient with me. Admittedly, I'm not always the easiest once I'm frustrated. Though I felt like I wasn't getting the full support (I also need to say my initial onboarding person [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was also very nice and patient) my time spent with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was like water in the desert.He walked me through all of the areas where I was still either confused or not patient enough to figure out myself and stayed with me while together we made the changes, additions, and reviews that needed to happen. Thx [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!!

Pros

The variety of channel options, the rental agreement with e-signature capability.

Cons

I'm too new to really comment here. I'm just getting started and still having set up meetings.

Jill

New to VRM

Service and training have been great! We needed a solution NOW and they were the only ones that could give us this.

Pros

Hostaway was the quickest to get into and took care of most of our needs. Would like the Trust accounting side but don't know which of the platforms would be best for that at this time and don't needed to be online today!

Cons

No trust accounting, better owner communications

Response from Hostaway

Jill, Thank you so much for the great review of our platform and customer service! We pride ourselves on having the best customer experience in the industry, and reading reviews like yours let us know we're doing the right thing. As for trust accounting, we do have a very in-depth financial reporting system however most software providers will tell you they do trust accounting, and they just offer the same thing we do. To have true trust accounting, you need an accountant that you work with which we're more than glad to recommend as we have a few partners for that. For communication with owners, I'm going to send you an email. Please let me know a little more about this so I can pass it along to our product team or see if there might be a misunderstanding. Thanks again, and welcome to Hostaway! -Josh from Hostaway

Replied November 2022

Dean

October 2022

Stayca Vaca

Generally positive

Pros

Ease of use and intuitiveness. The 6 sessions during start up were helpful

Cons

Lots to learn in shirt period of time before we are cut off from integration manager

Pricing

Response from Hostaway

Thank you for the great review! Our support team is available for any questions after onboarding to assist you after your onboarding. Also if you ever feel like you need some more time with an onboarding specialist, just let your onboarding specialist know and they will accommodate. Welcome to Hostaway! -Josh at Hostaway

Replied October 2022

victor

November 2022

Pros

Awesome people, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been awesome and very helpful. I would strongly recommend this team to everyone.

Cons

none, there is nothing that I would complain about.

Rene

A great Product that listens to users...

Hostaway saves me time and this is a really big thing. We have a lot of moving parts in the hospitality business. The fact that there is a lot of automation possibilities in the product makes our lives a lot easier and time won can be focused on other Business Development tasks.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. Clear user interface that is not complicated. The first setup is very easy and when questions arise, the helpdesk is really quick in answering. Team is also helpful with the setup. Most importantly, the team listens to what we, the users, are missing and will implement in fairly short time.

Cons

I do not have any real cons for Hostaway product. Like many of the similar products it does not have all in it what we would need (Like good Owners Reporting Tool) but it is 90% of what we need to run our business.

Reasons for choosing Hostaway

The completeness of the Hostaway Product won me over. Also the price to what was offered between the three products won me over to go to for Hostaway. Also the attention of the team to really support us in the transfer to Hostaway.

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

VREASY was missing a lot of functions we would like to have to run business smoother. (And safe us time) Also, the product felt "dated" and there were not many new functions rolled out.

Kim

Top notch customer service

Pros

We found Hostaway to be the perfect option for our property management side of the business. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went above and beyond meeting with us to get us started and through the first few months of operation. Now we deal primarily with the customer service via the app, and they get back to us immediately. They will either fix the issue we're having or we dialogue and troubleshoot to fix. They are constantly working to streamline the program for property managers in terms of calendar updates, updating listings etc. We host between 20-30 properties and they've been great to work with. Highly recommend.

Cons

Sometimes the updates are glitchy, but customer service immediately attends to the issue. It's a newer software and very inexpensive compared to its competitors so minors issues are is to be expected, but they troubleshoot and update constantly.

Reasons for choosing Hostaway

We liked [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and our interactions with him. The price was definitely what caught our eye, but our overall customer experience has been top notch. When we dealt with Hostfully we didn't care for our sales rep. He didn't listen to our needs, didn't send out time reminders and links for meetings, and was overall no where near as responsive as we needed them to be. Hostaway won us over.

Jamie

Exceptional Support - Software is still young but off to a great start

I like this company, their culture, and their obvious commitment to the client. The software is very intuitive, user-friendly, and has a fantastic design. Lastly, their customer support is exceptional. They are obviously committed to working with the client and making sure their end users are happy.

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity and user-friendliness of Hostaway. The display is appealing to the eyes and the menus are intuitive. Additionally, the customer support team accessibility is hugely beneficial. I can get quick answers to my questions - they are very responsive. The value of that is beyond measure for a property manager or someone who has a demanding schedule.

Cons

The software could offer more templates and automation as it relates to booking and task management. There are a number of processes that take place due to different scenarios as it relates to guests, their needs, and changes in reservations. My experience thus far with Hostaway is that they are actively improving their product which is very nice.

Reasons for choosing Hostaway

1. Software intuitiveness 2. User-friendliness 3. Mobile App 4. Implementation support 5. Dynamic pricing tool

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

I worked with OwnerRez for a month and a half and the onboarding was still in process. While the software was sophisticated and thorough, the onboarding process was painful. Their support is only available via an email ticketing system. I was lucky if I got a 1-2 hour meeting once a week and at the end I was criticized for needing so much support. Transitioning to a channel manager and scaling your operations from working with individual platforms is no easy task. Myself and my assistant were in flux for a very long period of time and OwnerRez did not appreciate that.

Henry

February 2022

Hostaway rocks

Amazing overall experience.

Pros

From the onboarding to nowadays daily use, everything has been comfortable, the support is really useful aside their help center.

Cons

Nowadays, my main issue is about a calendar feature, which is pricing rule set. Indeed, it's develop for Airbnb but not yet for our Booking Engine and Abritel. The product team seems working hard to launch this new step. Finally, maybe the app could be a bit more develop. That's really to spot detail, my overall opinion is amazing.

Reasons for choosing Hostaway

It was a quiet hard decision and I don't remember exactly the reason why, but I think it was the price and the app.

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

We were working with 365Villa before and they were providing not even the half of Hostaway feature for almost the same price.

Ricardo

Great Platform

It is good I'm order to administrate my rentals an listing.

Pros

It is easy to use and it helps very much in the control of the rentals

Cons

It is still in development phase, it cannot connect yet with other systems such as alarm.com. Also to be present on some platforms you need to have 25 listing. The chat system can be improved. The WordPress plug in doesn't work well.

The integration with Zapier

Reasons for switching to Hostaway

Guesty is very full and solid, but it is just too expensive. Ciirus lack of features and requires many listing

Craig