Browse Jonas Enterprise Reviews

Samuel from Rework technologies

My experience using Jonas Enterprise

Despite their little short comings,I have really enjoyed this software,it has brought efficiency like never before into my business,and as a user of this software I highly recommend it to any large or small scale business or construction companies to give it a try and see the wonders

Pros

The best part of jonas enterprise is the user inface,it has a super user friendly interface especially the admin dashboard,the invoicing management is also very handy and it has really help me alot in terms of employees management.

Cons

At first it's kind of confusing for me to get familiar with but once I get the hang of it,it has wow me beyond comprehension

Theodore from Current Mechanical

Industry: Facilities Services

Current Mechanical Jonas Review

We are now doing more with less staff due to the efficiencies that Jonas has brought up related to time entry and document review utilizing Jonas Documents, now our managers can view invoices for jobs and work orders without having to dig thru large files. We also have improved data entry with payroll due to upload capability from Field Time and eMobile.

Pros

The features that have been the most impactful would be the eMobile and Field Time applications which have allowed us to go paperless in the office and become more efficient at managing our jobs and work orders. The product is easy to use and support is always able to help out when necessary as well as the trainers involved with each system. Integration with our existing business processes has been easy.

Cons

The only thing we have not liked is the hosted server thru Contegix, but we are moving in early May of 2020 to Jonas Azure and have heard great things about that service offering.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Enterprise

After doing the demos and talking with a few other contractors we made the decision to go with Jonas and their software for life platform.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Enterprise

We left the LINC franchise group and wanted to find software that met all of our construction and service needs. After talking to other Jonas users and going thru the demo process we made the decision that Jonas was the best choice for us.

Amber from Total System Services, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

An accounting-focused software that focuses on the minutia instead of general ease of use.

Pros

Jonas creates an almost sterile accounting environment where every move is tracked and audited, increasing visibility of individual tasks. Processes are broken down into very small steps which can be helpful if you're looking for an audit trail. The mobile portion (emobile) of Jonas Enterprise is a valuable addition for field workers and dispatchers alike.

Cons

Visually the interface leaves much to be desired. Scale and size are unchangeable and there are many screens and modules that are so miniscule as to render them unreadable. Mobile-wise the visuals get better but are not quite user friendly for service individuals in the middle of a job. Jonas creates such a lengthy process for every single task that it can seem like you are taking 7 steps that could have been accomplished in one. While the audit function of Jonas is a highlight for the developers, as an ordinary user I can say it is something I never use but is incorporated into everything I do whether I like it or not. Boasted as a "true accounting software" I can't help but imagine it was an accountant's evil fantasy to produce such a laborious process to accomplish small daily tasks. When Jonas is forced to go big, it fails spectacularly. Financial reporting is and general overview is so fuzzy and diluted it's almost useless. Because Jonas creates so much data on the micro scale, large reports and financial analysis provides very little useful information. Drill down does not exist in the true sense of the word.

Jason from Metal Building Group of Companies

Bang for your buck

We have had a very positive 9 years with Jonas and the Jonas team. If we ever have an issue no matter how big or small the Jonas team have taken the time to talk to us and make sure any issue is resolved

Pros

Jonas Software and the Jonas Team are dedicated to the philosophy that we are in business together! They are constantly improving the software to meet the current needs of the construction industry, partnering with other software companies, welcome input and feed back from the users, all to create a product that is a functional tool for all levels of your organization.

Cons

When I invoice my customers and the contracts are in the million dollar price range the commas don't print on the invoice forcing me to manually adjust the invoices prior to sending them out

Price

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Enterprise

Jonas was more directly related to our industry

Adam from Neptune Plumbing

Great Value!

Pros

Jonas allows us to integrate every aspect of our company into one software package. This allows every department to be on the same page, in real time, which is of great value to us.

Cons

There are some features that we've heard are in the pipeline, that never seem to come to fruition.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Enterprise

We needed a software option that could handle both our construction and service divisions.

Sheryl from Midwest Systems & Services, Inc.

Rocky start with soft landing

This software was purchased many years before we fully deployed. We faced challenges getting the information from our prior software programs into Jonas. Not that the Jonas software wasn't helpful and user friendly, it was more of a total revamp from our end. Then comes the issue of time. When "business goes on" and you don't have time to fully devote on a project, it gets stopped and started way too often. In addition to making changes on our end regarding how we wanted the information to land in Jonas, it simply became a chore. Finally we opted to hire a summer intern that would help get much of the information needed into the program and get this ball rolling. We were using multiple programs that Jonas would be replacing which was a part of our grief. Now that we have fully launched Jonas it has been a blessing. While we do occasionally find a challenge here and there, all-in-all the program has and does perform as we need it to. Support has been very good to us. I would definitely recommend the person that is the main administrator of the program to attend at least one if not more of the Jonas conferences. Those have been helpful with meeting other users and getting their input.

Pros

The program is very adaptable. The consistent upgrades and changes as result of customer input is outstanding. Many ideas are suggested and then implemented within a year (if they are truly useful). The customer support is always there and everyone does their best to rectify any issues.

Cons

There are no roadblock cons. There are items that require a "workaround" on occasion but Jonas is very helpful in assisting with a workaround. The changeover of our entire system (our choice) was our biggest challenge. Along with that changeover it required us to think a bit differently.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Enterprise

It seemed Jonas was an overall better fit. It has turned out to be a very good decision on our part.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Enterprise

We wanted to have everything in one program. Too many manual entries from one program to the other.

August 2011

Dave from Standard Plumbing and Heating Co.

August 2011

We have used Jonas for over 1 1/2 years. However, we have recently changed to another software company. The reason we went to Jonas was because our previous system was DOS based and did not have a strong service package. We have a fast growing service department which has increased from approximately 15 techs to over 30 techs in the last 5 years. After reviewing multiple companies we felt Jonas was the best selection for service. However, there was a problem with Jonas on the contracting side. We could not "trust" our numbers. The program would give us different amounts for the same project. It really had problems in retention amounts that differed from 10% retention. I think that some of the problem was our input. It was not easy and for whatever reason we decided (for Jonas) that we should have decentralized inputting of information. Therefore we had project managers inputting information. In the past that was always a function of support staff. Another negative is that they are a Canadian company and the way they perform some of their business practices are different than what we perform. The function and terminology is different. The people are extremely helpful, however. The positives about Jonas is that our service liked the service options available. If you have a service company that does not have a large contracting base I think they would be OK. There is a lot of information in Jonas that can be used to analyze your company. There are also some very good items like the hand held devices and customer information feed back loops, customer scheduling and a very good dispatch board.

Response from Kevin

Replied September 2011

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the acknowledgment of the decision to decentralize the inputting of data. We found that we did have some minor issues but it was the incorrect inputting of data that created the imbalance. We have reviewed this and according to other clients using the same modules, the Jonas job cost retention functionality balances and is sound, the data is trustworthy. Additionally, in regards to Jonas Software being a Canadian Company, we are actually worldwide and a majority of our clients are located in the US. Although our head office is located in Toronto, we are experienced in successfully dealing with our U.S. clients for over 20 years.

Gonzalo from SameDay Heating & Air

Good Job Costing

overall this is a solid enterprise software for construction companies

Pros

it is a full enterprise system, it has a nice owner dashboard. the job costing is great and the report writer is also good.

Cons

the accounting side is a bit weak, the balance sheet would get out of balance sometimes. the overall look of the software is a bit outdated.

Anita from Doran Stewart Oilfield Services

Seems to be lots of issues that are unexplainable by service department.

I hate getting the answer of we will fix it but can't explain why it happened. I am the type of person that likes to know why something is happening. Payroll fixes are one of those issues. When I remove something it should be removed not partly removed and then have to have a Jonas tech take the information out completely and start over. Also when I call in it seems that the people that call back are new and have no idea what they are doing and I have to waste time looking for the payroll individual when time is a factor.

Pros

Easy to get around for the most part. Search function works good but needs more detail. Easy to start a case.

Cons

Fixes seem harder than they should be and when I call in for help on a time sensitive matter the person helping doesn't seem to know what I am talking about.

August 2011

Hal from Contech Construction Ltd.

August 2011

We are a formwork subcontractor, and were looking for an integrative system to gather data from all aspects of our construction process. At the time we were shopping around, I had no idea how integrative software systems work. It was a bit of a shock to realize how dynamic they can be, and they definitely require a lot of study and application to get up and running. If your organization has someone who is familiar with integrative systems, they can be an excellent resource to utilize when picking a system. There really are a lot of factors to consider, and someone with integrative software system experience will have a better idea of what to look for. We currently are two years into the process, and only now are we getting to use the system in a practical manner. We bought Jonas two years ago and really liked some of the features they have. The eTimesheets feature is very cool, and the document management system is very effective. With all of these features available to us, it is up to us to work with the system to get optimum performance, not the other way around. I am happy with how Jonas has worked for us, and for the price range, we feel it is a very good product.

Paula from Structural Contracting Services

Long Time User

I have been very satisfied and happy with Jonas. Their improvements and new ideas every year are very beneficial to my company. In the beginning of our purchase of Jonas, project management was new, and since then ( almost 10 years ago), it has come such a long way, and has continuous improvements. The changes and the growth that has been made over the last 10 years has made my company more productive, has allowed us to analyze, keep track of certain important items ( job related, and human resource related) and help us grow our company, since we know we can handle any situation internally.

Pros

There are many things I love about Jonas. Here's just a few 1. The structure of the entire software, for example, how the trial balance ties into the general ledger, which then can tie into your job costing and your work orders. In addition to consolidating financial statements. 2. When a mistake is made, you can not delete it. It's there for good. You can fix it, but not delete it. This actually helps when needing to figure something out months later. 3. Job costing module, especially for gross profit analysis. This is very robust module, and works amazing to analyze on a company basis or at a job level basis. 4. Restrictions or an individual user, or a group of users. There are not only restrictions by module, but by button, by job etc. Security and restrictions for administrators all the way to super intendents is great. There have been many times where we have allowed a project manager to do something, and then we realized they shouldn't have access, and we made the change instantaneously.

Cons

There isn't much that I dislike about Jonas, but there are a couple of items I believe need improvement: 1. Procedures on how to do a specific task, including tricks and short cuts. There is an online module for all procedures, but doesn't give you everything. 2. Jonas Contacts, not very easy to use. Understanding where to create a contact ( job related or non job related), where the contacts are kept, as well as needing more people in my company to understand how to use it.

Jackie from Red River Electric, Inc

Commercial/Residential Electrica Contractor. Jonas was the right fit for us.

We have been live with Jonas for a little over a year. As with ANY software, it isn't perfect and will not suit every need. It is impossible for a software to please everyone as we all run our businesses differently. We shopped several software options, and for our medium size company with a service department, Jonas fit us best. I agree, the reports are very simplistic in format and do take some getting used to. I had to look beyond pretty pictures and format as what is really important to us is the data. The Pro and Con to Jonas is it is HIGHLY customizable. With that, there needs to be a very thoughtful process to how you set it up in the beginning. Which is a challenge since you won't know how some things work until you are using it. It is a very robust software for the price, in my opinion, and will take patience and time to learn all it can do. I found that the very basics such as entering A/P, work orders, creating jobs are very easy to learn. The complexity comes when you want/expect to rely less on outside software and spreadsheets. Our company borders two states, one with a multi-jurisdiction sales tax schedule. Every payroll or sales tax requirement Jonas has been able to handle. Jonas is able to handle multi-state, multi union payrolls. Something we found not very many programs could throw in a service department and it became very small unless I wanted to buy a program that equated us to driving a bus down the road for 3 people while spending 6 figures. No thank you.

Pros

My favorite is the Project Control screen. From there, our project managers can drill down and get all the information they need in one quick and easy place. Each person can customize some of the drill down screens to tailor to their individual needs. AIA/progress billing is easy with the step by step menu. It is also easy to go back and adjust if needed. The ability to set controls across the various modules. Your voice is heard. I have always been able to talk thru a challenge with support and management. They listen and if the demand is there they will put it in the next product update.

Cons

The stock payroll reports haven't fit very well for us. But Jonas is working on that. Cluttered menu items that hang in there because their long-time customers still use them. It is confusing when you are first learning.

Katelynn from Bockmon & Woody Electric Co., Inc.

I am Happy Long-term Client that has been using Jonas since 2001

Great trainers who are very knowledgeable and professional. They work with us to troubleshoot any issues we are having with prompt response time!

Pros

We found Jonas easy to learn because they have THE BEST trainers and customer support. We have gotten to know that staff over the years and they are awesome! Doesn’t matter if we have big or small questions - they are always willing to help us. We use the system for A/R, A/P, G/L, Payroll, Project Management, Service Management, Inventory, and Equipment. The reporting is the best part because we are able to fully drill down and see how all projects are doing at any point in time. We’ve also been able to grow our service management side because of their Dispatch Board and the mobile solution. We love it!!! And last but not least, the payroll makes my life so much easier, having both union and non-union – this makes it a breeze. As a Union Electrical Contractor working in over ten different locals in California, this is imperative to have this functionality. Jonas Software has changed the way the company operates, saving time, making things more organized, and more proficient. Jonas is always listening to clients and they truly care and live up to their promise of being a partner rather than just a provider. We are able to have full insight into our business and we’ve been able to grow because of the software!

Cons

At this time I can not think of any cons.

Dustin from All Temp Refrigeration, Inc.

Excellent Company and Great Software

I think the largest benefit of Jonas is not the software itself, but the people you'll work with. They are a well run organization, and just by their example have helped us improve. The annual User Conference is a great way to interact with Jonas employees, give your input on future development, and meet other Jonas customers with similar concerns to your own.

Pros

We are an MEP contractor with a little over 100 employees in four operating locations. Jonas fits our needs very well. Our previous software did not provide the data we needed to be able to best run our business, especially when it came to multiple operating divisions in multiple locations. We can now easily see profitability on our construction jobs at any point in the project, we are more organized in our service department, and our A/R has improved.

Cons

As with any of these software products, it took us a while to get acclimated to Jonas. The test company they set up before we went live was helpful, but it still takes time to get used to how it all works. Now that we've had time, we are all comfortable with how to navigate the software and get the information we need.

R. Scott from Chiller Systems Service, Inc.

Jonas Review

Jonas is our third ERP software program we have used in 20 years in business. Learned a lot about selection process' by knowing my experiences with the first two. I also learned none of them do everything, all of them will hiccup from time to time. So my selection of Jonas centered around: 1. Is their customer service responsive (yes), 2. Do they constantly try to improve the product based on customer input (yes), 3. Is the product fairly priced (yes). and is the annual fee structure reasonable (yes). We also needed a strong field mobile platform as we have used wireless field mobile solutions for many years. Jonas has worked very well for us, we continue to get training on new modules and features we can use to make our company process/ better.

Pros

Constantly looking for ways to improve a product and they do not wait until year end to release updates if they are ready they release them. Customer service is very responsive if you need immediate help. Training is very high quality, conversion from our old to the new system was without trouble and well planned.

Cons

Dispatch board does not schedule projects or long term service work well (works very well for day to day calls) but they developed a project scheduler that looks promising for that.

Sandra from Crossroads Refrigeration Limited

Our Jonas experience has been an excellent move for our business.

We have experienced increased productivity on the administrative side of our business and higher accuracy in all areas.

Pros

eMobile and Dispatch Scheduler have helped us to respond to customer service requests in a more organized and timely manner. The integration part of this software has increased our productivity enormously. No more paper work orders! And has made the accounting side of our business seamless from service tech to customer invoice. Payroll accuracy has increased and timeliness of getting invoices out to customers has increased because of the techs ability to use devices to complete work orders and we are not waiting for them to be turned into the office.

Cons

I find the Job Costing module very cumbersome. The job invoicing is a little arduous. When doing multiple customers for monthly draws, it is very time consuming to have to go in and out of each job to invoice. Also, if you do not have a bill to set up in accounts receivable you have to exit the job master, then go to AR to set up the bill to and back into the job master to finish your set up.

Mike from Cincinnati Air Conditioning

Well worth the time and money you put into the software

Overall we are very pleased! We use EMobile to handle all of our service technicians and the construction package, general ledger, payroll and A/R are all solid packages.

Pros

Great flexibility once you learn how to use it! Put the effort in ahead of time and during setup, get the buy in from your staff and given a little time you will have a solid package that is able to be tailored to your business. We were able to eliminate separate data bases we were keeping on different platforms due to the limitations of our previous software package!

Cons

Report writer could be a little more robust but overall it is not difficult to get the information you need from the system

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Enterprise

Jonas was the only package we felt addressed all of our needs!

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Enterprise

Maxwell was bought out by Viewpoint and the Viewpoint people wanted us to jump to a different tremendously expensive package. They even held us "hostage" the last year by making us purchase a 3 year renewal for maintenance when we only needed 1 year since we were already in the process of moving.

Caitlyn from Georges Plumbing & Heating

Jonas Construction

Overall as a new user (myself) with Jonas, I find it has been a good experience. It isn't the most effective user friendly software, but at the same time it definitely is not the worse; It is worth giving this software a shot. The more you use it, the easier and better it is. Plus, like I mentioned previously, their support team is great. The team is very quick and knowledgeable when it comes to fixing problems. I really like that everything we do can be done in Jonas, and we don't have to toggle back and forth between different screens to do our daily tasks. The Jonas Support Team is very quick and knowledgeable when it comes to fixing problems.

Pros

It is user friendly when it comes to different departments: project management, estimating, accounting, etc.. Everything is done in one software.

Cons

Working in accounting, I find there are some glitches in the system. I don't find it is as user friendly as Sage50 that is solely based on accounting use. For example, I find where Sage takes 1 click to make a change, Jonas takes 3. It could be a little better developed on the accounting side.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Enterprise

I am not 100% sure what the company used before or why they switched as it was before I started working here.

Dustin from ATR Contractors

Very Satisfied User

Our company switched software products to Jonas just over 1 year ago. We had outgrown our old system. We've been extremely pleased with both the Jonas software and the Jonas staff we've interacted with. Our company has just over 100 employees in four office locations. This system can handle our multiple divisions without being too complicated or cumbersome to use.

Pros

The primary issue with our last software was an inability to get good reporting and data from the system, especially for our multi-divisional operation. The report writer in Jonas is a very useful tool, and the financial drill-down capabilities are excellent. We also now have real-time job cost data, and more detailed P&Ls, which has helped our ability to manage construction work.

Cons

No software product is perfect. We've had to adapt a few of our internal processes to fit the way Jonas is made to operate, but nothing has come up that we haven't been able to work around. The Jonas trainers are also an excellent resource we've utilized to make the system work as best it can for us.

Bruce from Continental Flooring Company

Flooring contractor / reseller - after 6 years of Jonas experience

Pros

The software handles WIP reporting very well. The subcontractor module provides good controls. The design of sales tax location codes provides good flexibility in sales tax reporting. The product has well-integrated applications. The F2 lookup ability in modules is consistently designed and very helpful.

Cons

1) I would like more standard reporting capabilities. Some reports need Report Generator reports to create. Others require DataMart. DataMart can obtain good results, but it is too complex for anyone but a programmer to design. Almost all contractors have to deal with reporting workers comp and sales taxes, so these reports should be part of a standard product and not need custom programming. 2) During conversion in 2008, it was difficult to fully convert existing data into Jonas and also tie everything to jobs. 3) Portions of the programming have fields with too few characters available. Examples are the Customer PO field in Job Cost and A/R, along with the part number field in inventory.

Jennifer from Century Mechanical Services

Jonas & Emobile

Being able to use Jonas and Jonas Emobile has made things much easier and eliminated the duplication of running two seperate systems.

Pros

I like that we can all use one system, from the administration, to accounting and the technicians using the Emobile application. You can easily extract service information, maintenance information or accounting related information.

Cons

Creating reports and making your own documents is not easy. And though we love the addition of Emobile, we do run into problems that require help from the Jonas Support Team.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Enterprise

Jonas was chosen because it was recommended to us as being the best choice for an HVAC company such as ours.

Patsy from Insulcana Contracting Ltd.

Jonas for Construction

Jonas has really streamlined our accounting processes and made us more efficient.

Pros

The main reason we switched to Jonas was for the Job Costing feature and it continues to to make our life easier. Payroll has also proven to make us more efficient, particularly with dealing with multiple union agreements.

Cons

What I like least about Jonas is the Report Design feature. I find it difficult to maneuver and create the reports that I need.

Reasons for Switching to Jonas Enterprise

Our old software was really inefficient and we were doubling our work and doing a lot of the calculations manually.

Paolo from LPI Mechanical

A++++++

We are now able to manage and see all purchases made on a daily basis. We can track where each employee has been and complete future scheduling accordingly. We use to use multiple spreadsheets before Jonas so now we are in a "one stop shop" scenario.

Pros

Very easy to use once you get trained. Navigation is simple as well.Everything is found by one click and made very user friendly.

Cons

Overall happy at this point. Nothing to cause concern or looking to change. As time goes on, I would imagine certain things may come up.

Reasons for Choosing Jonas Enterprise

As a company we felt Jonas was geared more towards the Construction Industry. We also talked to other companies that were using Jonas and were able to get a look at it before purchasing it.

Jeremy from Prairie Controls Ltd.

Small construction/service company.

Pros

Lots of features and fairly easy to use. Customer support, when we've needed it, has be good and typically provided in a timely manner.

Cons

Old interface. 15 character limit on inventory items (and having to use alternate part numbers) needs to be fixed. Even the alternate part numbers are too small for many of our parts. Purchase order numbers, and cheque numbers are too short. New modules seem like add-ons to the base program, rather than a complete integrated solution. Inability to access some fields for custom reports. Some built in reports are poorly implemented.

Lesa from C. E. Williams Sons, Inc.

11 Years of Loyality!!

When we first came on board with Jonas in 2007 we had some issues being an excavation contractor in Pennsylvania with the state Prevailing wages, taxes, etc. but Jonas worked through those issues with us and now I highly recommend them!! I have been on many different software packages and Jonas is my favorite!!

Pros

Have always loved the support and ease of logging a support call. Staff is very knowledgeable!! Updates are easy to load. Jonas listens to clients needs for any changes that benefit the client.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Jonas. I have never had any thing to complain about with them. Everything is great!

Cindy from Allerion Oilfield Services

After some training it is a very indepth easy to use program

The customer support are amazing and really know their product!!!

Pros

The customer support whenever you have an issue, question or concern is outstanding, when you log a case they get back to you very quickly.

Cons

The system can be a little overwhelming if you do not have some training, but once you have been working with it for awhile (if you have worked with other accounting software) it is very user friendly at least for the general areas of each module. If you search in the tutorials Jonas is quite good at supplies assistance for most of the modules. Therefore I can not really find a con.

Jason from Schaffer Mechanical

Jonas Software

Pros

The software gives us all the tools we need to run efficiently with modules for Financial Reports, Payroll, Inventory, Project Management, Subcontracting, and more. There is plenty of training available both online, by phone, and in person so all questions are answered in a very reasonable time. Comparable products are considerably more expensive and do the same things Jonas does for a far more reasonable price. the value cannot be overstated. Most importantly, Jonas is one of those companies that truly takes an interest in their clientele and it shows.

Cons

The transition process is intensive so time and dedication is required initially, but once it is done things flow very smoothly.

Nick from ASI Tech

We have been using Jonas Enterprise just over 6 years. Not happy with the product. Unfortunately we spent over our budget at the time and have added all the modules they offer over the years. Lots of promises that the software will be improved and the dat

low budget product

Pros

Unfortunately we spent to much money on this product. I honestly can't think of any pros. we went with this product initially because it was a Canadian company and they would have a better handle on the accounting piece. our accountants think the software isa joke.

Cons

- Currently the it runs on a data base that no one uses, out dated. the company does a great job marketing the product but once you start using it, you will come to discover its not that good. Some examples: Job names, contract numbers, part numbers etc , only allow a limited number of characters. some times client PO's or contract numbers are 15-20 characters or more and the field doesn't allow for more than 12. - Many more to list, will probably run out of room. - Support is not good. - document control does not sync well, cannot drag and drop items from document management or emails back and forth - EBI always go down. - design your own forms has many limitations not customizable - project scheduler is not customizable - dispatch scheduler does not sync smoothly with the software - e-mobile is a joke, not customizable - no automatic update functionality for the software. has to been done manually. have to end all service to update and restart server. - maintenance fees are very expensive, not worth it

August 2015

Judy from Miller Information Systems

August 2015

12-year Jonas user

Pros

The bookmark feature where you can have multiple screens open simultaneously is so convenient. Jonas is willing to accept input on new ideas and feedback on current features to keep the product moving forward. Our network administrator thought the Jonas user conferences worthwhile and learned a lot at the seminars and networking sessions with other users.

Cons

MIS processes an extremely high volume of service calls every month. It has been a learning curve using the new Jonas dispatch/scheduler which is vastly different from the previous dispatch board. Customer service reps have been working with us since the upgrade in March. Plus we are working towards implementing Jonas eMobile in September which should go a long way towards streamling our cumbersome data entry processes.

Virg from Haller Mechanical Contractors Inc.

Jonas is awesome, a MUST software if you are in construction.

Pros

The one entry accounting system is the best feature, everything flows from one module to the other, payroll to cost reports, A/P, A/R etc. You basically get excellent reports that you can customize to your companies needs directly from your standard accounting functions.

Cons

One of the few cons would be the mobility between modules and some of the limited selection features when printing, etc.

September 2015

Pamela from Viana Roofing & Sheet Metals

September 2015

A Simple, Highly Customizable, Multi Function Software

Pros

I have used Jonas to process Accounts Receivable,Accounts Payable, Payroll, Inventory, and Job Cost since 2010. The modules are easy to use and financial reports can be customized for better decision making especially in Job Cost. The Inventory Module helps to track levels to re-order and specific materials used per job. Overall, I think this is a great software for the Construction Industry because Labour Costs, Materials, and Overheads can be easily retrieved in detail.

Cons

In the future, I would like to be able to retrieve scanned vendor & customer documents(WSIB & Certificate of Insurance) through the Vendor & Customer Modules(Contractors & Subs). This will be better for tracking purpose.

Karen from W.B. Guimarin

This is a great all-in-one software for our industry

Pros

Jonas software does a great job of integrating all aspects of our business into one software platform. They stay on top of updating the software to keep it on trend with what we need.

Cons

I wish there was a better system for training. When we have a new employee come on board it would be great if Jonas offered a better training tool for us to use.

Andrew from Royal Fence Limited

Jonas Construction Software - Ease of Use and Payroll Simplification

Pros

Jonas Software has made our jobs in Accounting much easier than our past system. Our payroll is very complicated with many different unions and specific parts of payroll burdens going to different union locales - and Jonas has made this very easy to set up. We are constantly finding new and easier ways to simplify daily entries.

Cons

There aren't too many cons - but the major one that has stood out to us is that there are so few characters available to enter AP invoice numbers.

Elizabeth from Alpha & Omega Endeavors Inc

Great software and fantastic people!

Many thanks to Jonas Management Team and Jonas Support Staff for fantastic adventure at work during past 5 years of using Jonas Software!

Pros

Logical, intuitive software to work with and timely, accurate reports Actually able to be creative with Design your own report module.

Cons

I find that Help Docs search is not giving the desired outcome. I like better Video Tutorial Section.

David from Doran Stewart Oilfield Services

Excellent software with good support at a reasonable price.

Overall we are quite satisfied with the product, the people we have dealt with and Jonas' support.

Pros

Fully featured, integrated accounting package. The Job Costing is detailed and the range of reports is extensive.

Cons

Setup was time consuming and the inability to enter field hours and usage without an internet connection is not good.

John from Managed Services, Inc.

Jonas Construction

cumbersome and not very user friendly reporting is terrible

Pros

complete set of modules

Cons

reporting and user interface and ease of use

Response from Ashley

Replied February 2017

Hi John, I’m really sorry about the pain you’ve been experiencing. I know that an apology doesn’t make up for what you are going through, but we have been trying to get in touch with you but haven’t been able to reach you. We did notice that you are currently on an older version of Jonas and not utilizing a lot of the modules that Jonas has to offer and believe that this might be the root cause of some of the issues you are experiencing. Our newer versions have a different user interface and are included free of charge with your annual maintenance fee. We do apologize and hope you have some time to connect so we are able to work through this and build a strong successful partnership. Please feel free to call me back at 1(888)789-9073 ex. 2504 and we will schedule a complimentary system review. We’ll keep trying to get in touch with you if we don’t hear back! Ashley Pagliaro, Manager, Account Management, Jonas Construction Software

April 2015

Amy from Air & Energy, Inc.

April 2015

Extremely happy with Jonas Software.

Pros

I like the Accounting part of this product, being able to drill down and see exactly where the information is coming from as well as being able to see who did what and on what terminal. I also like the reporting capabilities that Jonas offers. I also think that the customer support is outstanding! Thank you Jonas! You have a great team!

Cons

I think that the contracts have been probably the weakest link for me. I would like to see more discussions on the service contracts. It would be nice to have more than one session offered at the conference on Service Contracts. We are still relatively new with this software (April 2013) so I am still learning.

Dina from Lexsan Electrical

Jonas May 5

Pros

We are using this software over 10 years, since we have grown and need to track labour and materials per job site, Jonas does this for us.

Cons

I have 2 monitors, when I open a new window, it ways opens twice... this just started after my last upgrade. its annoying.

Karima from Marzz Electric Ltd.

Very happy with the software and overall experience with Jonas!!!!!

The software is great!!! Makes my work life a lot easier and I look forward to any upgrades and improvements Jonas has to offer.

Pros

What I like is that you can get the exact reports you want. The software is easy to use and understand. And I like it as it is structured and geared towards the construction business. The ability for Management to view and review daily standings, keep a track of many projects.

Cons

I believe the creation of a report can be a bit challenging, need more custom designs. That's all I have for now, the more I use the software I will see if there are any places where improvements may be needed.

Deb from Continental Power

Great program - easy to use

Overall, Jonas is a very good program, has very knowledgeable staff and fast response times to problems.

Pros

Ease of use. The program is easy to navigate, fast and functional.

Cons

There are modules which you are forced into purchasing in order to upgrade the program although we have no plans to use them.

Janice from Lewis Accounting

Jonas Accounting Software

Awesome

Pros

Multi User, able to handle large Corporation, expandable, great support, strong company with resources available to assist product users.

Cons

Learning curve but well worth an accountants time, excellent support not a lot of negative to say except this sentence is way to long.

Luis from LPI Mechanical Inc

The product has outstanding features tailored to our needs.

Pros

Jonas is one of the most versatile software systems for our type of business in the construction industry.

Cons

There are very little cons that I encountered. There may be other ways to approach the Digio that may facilitate saving emails and documents in to the projects.

Patrice from BAULNE inc.

Integrated system for service & construction

Pros

All in one system; all employees use the same system. Both service and install departments have specific functionalities

Cons

After 6 years using Jonas, I can tell that if you have a recommendation on how to make Jonas better, the management team will listen to you.

Xiaoxia from Stran Technology IT Services

Director of Accounting

Pros

Overall the products are pretty accurate in processing data and generate financial reports, most of data can be downloaded in Excel for us to analyze.

Cons

The system should not allow unbalanced JEs to be posted, in addition, it should make it easy to run reports by Dep. IDs

Robert from Aire Rite

JONAS Enterprise a masterpiece in the Making

Pros

Jonas is a great multi-faceted ERP. It covers all your accounting needs and takes risk in developing innovative solutions to our needs. There is a modern dispatch scheduler that allows you to manage your technicians, eMobile that allows techs to work paperless and provide immediate results. Among a few.

Cons

I have no complaints. I would add though that when deploying new products that more release information should be included with standard procedures.

Chris from LPI

Jonas is a great all in one system

Pros

This software works great to tie all aspects of your business back into one central module. It covers 90% of what you need in day to day business.

Cons

There are a number of small issues or oversights that the support team really does not have answers for, you are basically left to live with these. For example on the job invoice template there is no second comma seperator, there is also no line for subtotal after holdback, we were forced to pay for a custom form design to add what should be a standard feature. The scheduling module is lacking and needs some work.

May 2015

Marie from Harriman Construction, Inc.

May 2015

Looked for Jonas as a solution. Only found problems.

Pros

After investing in this software and using it for six months in the construction industry, hoping it would provide a solution to integrating a full service project management, doc control and accounting system, our general contracting company had no choice but to return to Sage 100 Software. Jonas was horrible.

Cons

Jonas overpromised in their sales, and underdelivered to the point of negligence in both the product and the service. We paid for add on modules that were never installed or followed up on, the training was inadequate, and the support was horrible. Please do yourself a favor, if you are a general contractor looking for a solution as above, and do NOT consider Jonas. It was a very expensive mistake for our company, in terms of the issues that it caused us. I was never so glad to go back to an imperfect program as Sage 100. We cleaned up our files and worked with a consultant, and I am so happy with Sage now after our nightmare experience with Jonas.

March 2015

Kathleen from LiDAR Services International Inc.

Comprehensive Program

Pros

This program is easy to navigate and is very user-friendly. We have people with a variety of levels of accounting knowledge that use the program without issue. The ability to adapt the program to various enterprises has made this program a favorite with our Board.

Cons

It is difficult to have a "like least" facet of the program, as I like all aspects. The customer service is great, the program is adaptable to various industries, and has different modules to meet the needs of a growing company.

Robyn from Grant Aggregate

Jonas Review

Pros

Great software for small to medium sized business - good value at this price.

Cons

The inventory control/counter sales module is a bit weak, and this is what we use the most. More options in the report generator would be great. Customization charges can be overly high with regards to changing standard forms (invoices, POs, etc.). There is a DIY program, but it is not very user-friendly.

Gary from Bockmon & Woody Electric Co., Inc.

Jonas is easy to use and Jonas is spending the money to make it better and stay up with the times.

Pros

That it has good Job Cost reporting features / E-Time Sheets / Direct Deposit / Work Orders that work very well. All modules work well.

Cons

Sometimes support takes a little to long. Some of the modules don't seem like they have been finished.