MagHub

MagHub Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The help options are great especially the chat team."
  • icon"The charts and gadgets presentation is excellent. Our bookkeeper is able to stay on top of invoices with the the aging reports which are excellent to check every week."
  • icon"Browser based, fairly intuitive to use, admin from my team members is good."
  • icon"Also, when I have tried to sit in on the video tutorials when new features are released, the presenter moves so fast that I get nothing out of them and so have stopped watching."
  • icon"The templates of our documents is limited and not very flexible. The system is American and we are Canadians."
  • icon"Integration to our existing system was difficult because of the inability to develop templates combining form specifications to cost of ad for quotes and purchase price."

All MagHub Reviews

Kristi

Maghub Review

I was on the fence with Maghub vs. their so called competitor. I regret that I went with the competitor at the time. Two years later and incredibly frustrated with their competitor I called Maghub. From start to finish, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were true professionals and truly cared about my business and how the transition would work. There's always a learning curve when you switch to new software, but for me it was like someone finally turned on the lights! The platform is very user friendly, I love the app and I can't rate their customer service high enough.

Pros

Honestly, I love everything about this software.

Cons

Zero complaints. Their customer service is top-notch, so if there is something you don't understand or need assistance with - they are right there with you. They listen to your feedback, I forget what I wanted functionality for but it wasn't an option. A quick call to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and within days they had programmed that feature for me, at no additional cost. That's what I call listening to the customer.

Reasons for choosing MagHub

Customer service, functionality, support.

Reasons for switching to MagHub

There are so many reasons. I was tired of the antiquated system and the promise of updates and what they would look like. My sales rep went MIA within minutes of signing the paperwork, and customer service was billed if you went over your alloted time. I have yet to pay additional fees for support at Maghub!I was also at a conference and stopped by their booth and they a) weren't aware that I was already a customer and b) once I told them I was already a customer they literally didn't give me the time of day. It was at that point that I marched to the Maghub booth, gave them my credit card and said sign me up! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] checks in on me periodically and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] never tired of my questions. I drank the kool-aid, and am so happy that I did.

Response from Aysling

Thank you for your thorough review of the MagHub platform! We're glad to have your publication on board with us, and we're absolutely grateful that our platform and team could exceed expectations!

Soula

MAGHUB MAKES LIFE EASIER

I have been using it for a yr. now and the Overall experience has been great. For an in house program, easily taught and makes me have better access to my 200 clients . Not complicated at all to learn and truly a great program.

Pros

I can easily see my schedule, appointments, all the information I need on a particular client. The payments are automatically done (*meaning the way it is set up to send reminders and I DO not need to do this anymore )** the Activities is great for my notes and for me to choose if I want to set up a TO DO make an appointment or EMAIL the client a reminder without having to type or copy past if already programmed* the Email Contact About Call * feature also one of my favorites.

Cons

That I am not able to fix the layout *my preference * site settings. I preferred it on the top , not docked on the side and for NOT being able to manage or set it the way I like.

Reasons for switching to MagHub

Way better system and more manageable features.

Response from Aysling

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we're glad that the MagHub platform has made your processes easier. Regarding the Left-Hand Navigation menu, we understand that it is an adjustment, and one that we will continue to improve. We adopted the Left-Hand Navigation many years ago for our Client/Subscriber/Vendor portals, and after testing those processes, we found users find and access things easier; which prompted us to release it for all of MagHub.

Replied July 2020

Susan

November 2022

Maghub Helps me Manage my Accounts

Helps me keep my activities scheduled and timely.

Pros

I like that Maghub includes all aspects of account management - artwork, invoices, contracts, activities, type of business attributes and more.

Cons

Would prefer to be able to group accounts by location as well as type of business.

Reasons for switching to MagHub

Changed companies so changed to their CRM.

Response from Aysling

Thanks for your feedback, Susan! We're glad your transition to MagHub has been smooth. I'll reach out to your account manager here to share some best practices on account grouping.

Replied November 2022

Chelsie

April 2022

Great features that are hard to find

This system has an incredible amount of features, which makes it great, but also difficult to navigate and to fully understand how to implement the available features into our work process. I love the customer service reps and their eagerness to help. I dislike the user interface and lack of ability to create customized views.

Pros

The live chat support has been superb, giving me the answers I need right when I need them. They are courteous and thorough in their effort to help. If they don't have the answer I was hoping for, they offer to submit a feature request. The system has a lot of features and is improving constantly.

Cons

The system could benefit from a UX designer to make all the features cohesive and easier to access. The help center can also become out of date when updates are made. We had a rocky start because most features were turned off by default, so we had to find out through struggling that our pain could be eliminated with the click of a button. Printing in MagBuilder does not render a useful document. Our production department was very excited to use the InDesign plugin, but alas it hasn't been fully functioning since we signed up. I'm still keeping the faith, as their customer service gives me hope.

Luke

Industry: Publishing

Maghub is a fantastic comprehensive solution

"A" rating for sure. Maghub is consistently the most used and helpful product we use at our mid-size publishing company. Our business revolves around it.

Pros

Ease of use and adaptability are the core strengths of the Maghub system. The system is designed to cover nearly all of the needs of a modern publishing company from order tracking, CRM, Sales functionality, and a full accounting suite. Integrations can be added to customize the system to tailor it to your needs. The customer support is engaged and helpful. Also, the feature set is constantly updated.

Cons

Not a super big con, but as publishing transitions away from a print-dominated market, software products are naturally trying to adapt as fast as they can while keeping stability and product consistency in mind. Maghub is not immune to this but improves monthly.

Reasons for choosing MagHub

Cost and flexibility. Also we really enjoyed working with the Maghub staff.

Reasons for switching to MagHub

ELAN was forcing us to upgrade to an unstable environment and were difficult to work with. Maghub had more features and a company philosophy we more closely aligned with.

Response from Aysling

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub. We are fortunate to partner with terrific publishers such as yourself as you provide great feedback, commentary, and recommendations which ultimately guides the direction of MagHub as a product.

Todd

Great Features, Ease of use means workflow efficiency

Maghub is a one stop program for us. I don't have to go out and find different programs to run different areas of the business. I especially like the team of developers that continually improve the features and really jump in when there are new requests to develop. This helps keep the business moving.

Pros

The well rounded software that allows us to use the same system and information to flow from prospecting to ad sales to collecting materials to page planning, billing and collections. Maghub also allows our Editorial teams to track the assignments, costs and payments to freelancers or internal employees. the software also allows us to maintain our Circulation and Distribution lists as well. since all the information is in the same system, we reach maximum communication thru out the organization efficiently.

Cons

Documentation of features and settings. The documentation doesn't tell you how settings may effect things in the future.

Reasons for choosing MagHub

The features, the direction the software was going.

Reasons for switching to MagHub

Spacemaster did not have the features that we needed. It was only an ad tracking software. we needed something that would help the business move forward.

Response from Aysling

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub! Our product was designed to do exactly what your company is successfully using it for; integrating all of your moving parts (departments) into one system. Regarding our Help Center, we're in the process of updating our entire service. In the coming months, look forward to a redesigned Help Center that is more precise, updated, and easier to follow than ever before!

Replied December 2019

Gerald

No comparison!

MagHub has a very energetic and dedicated development team that continues to expand and improve the functionality of the software on a monthly basis. Their customer support team is extremely responsive and delivers support whenever it is needed, which is not what I have found with another magazine management software company.

Pros

When it comes to the daily management of magazine production and sales, there are not very many softwares that specialize in it. Of the handful that I researched, I chose MagHub because it had the necessary features with an attractive layout at a very reasonable price, especially a pretty well developed mobile app functionality.

Cons

There is nothing that sticks out in my mind about MagHub that I don't like.

Reasons for choosing MagHub

MagHub sales and support were considerably more responsive; had a better software user experience and layout; had a better-designed mobile app; and the pricing is much more reasonable.

Response from Aysling

Thank you for your positive remarks about MagHub. We strive to offer a great platform, paired with great support; and it seems by your comments we hit the nail on the head!

Roberta

User For Invoicing and Reporting

Pros

As the primary user of invoicing and aged reporting, the options were very adaptable even through upgrades to the software.

Cons

A standard manual would be most helpful, and as software procedures change a user would benefit by receiving a new course of action inserts thereby having the most up to date procedure manual. Also extend weekday hours to include evening online support.

Reasons for switching to MagHub

The organization needed more flexibility to accessorize the needs of clients.

Response from Aysling

Thank you for your review of MagHub. You can actually download a .PDF of our Help Center to use as a manual (it's quite large; however, it's possible). Regarding Live Chat hours, we have shared your request with our support team. With our entire support team being located in the Eastern/Central timezones, we certainly see the opportunity to expand upon it.

Tom

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great platform to build your publishing business on

Very professional organization and really committed to customer service - not just chat bots and FAQ.

Pros

Very powerful and well integrated - especially like the flat planning feature (Magbuilder)

Cons

Tends to update quite often and things change around - takes some ongoing commitment to training.

Reasons for switching to MagHub

their platform wasn't very integrated (CRM + production)

Response from Aysling

Thank you for your review of MagHub, with a product updated monthly with new features, changes, and updates based on client-feedback, we certainly see how it requires a commitment. We have strived in 2020 to add a new updated Help Center, require less clicks, and offer additional digital-training opportunities. These initiatives will continue by our team moving forward.

Sharon

Industry: Newspapers

Maghub review 8/2020

Overall, I have been extremely happy. Prior to Maghub we used ZOHO. Night and day, Maghub wins!! Not only is the program easy to follow but the support has been amazing. I am also glad they are local and not from another country where I have trouble understanding them. We are only 6 months into using the program but I am looking forward to becoming a 100% user.

Pros

I like the organizational aspect of the program. Quick links are useful. Having the ability to customize my dashboard was also a nice feature. There are way more features then I have used up to this point but I am looking forward to learning about the other features. To date, the programs are fairly easy to follow. But the chat help has been wonderful!

Cons

I wish the program integrated better with gmail. Having to add bcc everytime I send out an email to a customer is a hassle. I forget constantly. It was also be nice if I could enter a contract on the app. Often I am not in front of my computer and want to enter a sale.

Reasons for switching to MagHub

ZOHO never fulfilled our objectives. It is set up for manufacturing not advertising. Also, the support was terrible!

Response from Aysling

Hi there, thank you for your thorough review of MagHub; we are so happy you made the switch from Zoho. Regarding the Gmail situation; there are ways you can actually auto add BCC features, so you never have to do it manually again. I would also check out the newly updated Gmail Add-On as well.

Replied August 2020

Dawn

Happy with MagHub

Pros

Great platform covers contacts, proposals, sales and production for our magazine and online digital products. MagHub is constantly improving their product and each release brings something that enhances our use of the software.

Cons

Creating custom "on the fly" reporting for detailed sales analysis was effortless in salesforce. In MagHub, it requires an additional fee for access to the data warehouse as well as a basic technical understanding of SQL in order to configure the data.

The Magazine Manager

Primarily cost.

Response from Aysling

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we would recommend that you learn about our Metabase integration as it's free for any publisher who has a DataWarehouse, and it allows you to create custom reporting, without SQL knowledge/experience!

MagHub product review

MagHub solves the co-ordination of the publishing business. Each step of the process integrates smoothly, almost without human intervention. From drip e-mail campaigns to prospecting to sales to invoicing to production and distribution, there is no wasted time with duplication, or finding the information that documents what other staff have done on behalf of the client.

Pros

MagHub takes the randomness out of the sales process. By following the call lists, no prospect falls between the cracks and no client gets left behind. The product is easy to use and is intuitive for what a publisher needs. We have been able to customize it to our specific needs. The learning curve is relatively easy compared to other software products we've looked at.

Cons

The only thing on my wish list is that MagHub would integrate with Quick Books desktop version. Currently MagHub integrates with Quick Books Online. We use the desktop version of Quick Books, and my bookkeeper will not change.

Reasons for choosing MagHub

Service from MagHub's sales and technical staff.

Reasons for switching to MagHub

The level of customer service.

Response from Aysling

Thank you for your review of MagHub! We appreciate the thoroughness, and are glad you found the system easy to utilize with your business.

Replied March 2020

Poppy

Industry: Publishing

Changing to the MagHub platform is the best thing we have ever done for our publishing division!

In addition to everything already stated, the switch to MagHub has helped us to cut the costs associated with using two different programs. It has also become a huge time saver for our accounting department.

Pros

Ease of use and having everything in one database is wonderful; the fact that we have combined what we previously had with Pre1 and QuickFill has streamlined the process and made it extremely efficient. Above all, being able to access circulation and advertising info in one place is key for me as a publisher. And I can count on the info being right with MagHub. On the circulation side of the business, renewals have become easier with MagHub. Tracking and handling group subscriptions is also a big plus for us now since it was very difficult to handle these subscribers with our old system. We are able to easily see our print vs. digital subscribers, and comp subscriptions for our prime advertisers are now also easy to track as well. Billing advertisers through MagHub is also a big plus for us. Whereas our accounting department previously had to use a separate accounting system to manually bill and send invoices with the USPS, we can now upload ads into MagBuilder and email them out to clients. This has been an incredible time saver! The biggest plus for us has been customer support! With MagHub we are never left hanging for days or weeks to resolve an issue. Live Chat is wonderful. And if for some reason they cannot answer our question immediately, it is kicked up to a higher level and we have a response within 24 hours. Moreover, the MagHub team was able to customize a lot of the initial setup for us which was a big factor in making this change.

Cons

There have been very few negative issues with making the move to MagHub. Our biggest challenge was that we sell many books, articles, and other specialty items on our website. While there was no way to handle these sales initially, MagHub was able to set up a great system for us whereby we can now track everything we sell and who we sell it to.

Response from Aysling

Good afternoon Poppy, Thank you for your expansive review of MagHub! Also, we are glad that MagHub was able to fit your unique needs of books, articles, and other specialty items; as we always tell our clients, MagHub is made by you, for you. MagHub Marketing Team

Replied July 2018

Industry: Publishing

Great tool for keeping up with the business

As I said above, it helps sales stay on top of contracts and helps me know exactly where the business is at all times.

Pros

The easy-to-use dashboard lets me know exactly how the business is doing currently and for the upcoming months. The charts and gadgets presentation is excellent. Our bookkeeper is able to stay on top of invoices with the the aging reports which are excellent to check every week. Our layout and design person is able to easily keep up the ads that go in each issue. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] stays right on top of his contacts, knows which renewals are coming and finds it a great way to help our sales. Customer support is outstanding and makes all the difference is using this product vs others.

Cons

The learning curve is somewhat steep. We have to move from an older system and it took some time to learn all the features and get the. I am not a software engineer and sometimes the systems are tough to figure out how to use and change. However the excellent customers service solves this problem.

Reasons for choosing MagHub

Sales person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who really knew what she was doing and knew our business needs. Maghub customer service far superior to other companies.

Reasons for switching to MagHub

Filemaker too hard to use

Response from Aysling

Thank you for taking the time to review MagHub. We are glad that your business adopted the system, and that it's helping all of your departments function seamlessly inside MagHub. Being such a large product that manages all departments, there are certainly a lot of hidden gems, that sometimes take a while to discover, but as you mentioned, our support/project team is up to the task!

Replied August 2020

Jocelyn

Increased Productivity & Centralized All of our Operations

This system has helped standardize our processes within our company, from internal communication to communication with our clients and much more. We have a few employees in the office, and several employees who work remote, including production and billing. This system keeps all of our processes organized and has helped our team immensely.

Pros

Maghub has done phenomenal things for our company. I truly encompasses every aspect our of organization that we needed help with. From keeping our contacts, leads and sales goals in order, to facilitating communication within our organization and with clients to streamlining our production process - this software took our company to the next level of productivity and organization. Overall, it was not difficult to roll out to our team. The only challenge of integrating it in on a daily level is the fact that the software truly has so much to offer, it just takes time to truly discover and utilize it all - which is a great problem to have!

Cons

Being a small, local publisher, we have found just a few areas that we wish MagHub encompassed. We love this software so much that we truly wish our entire operations could funnel through the system. Currently we are unable to manage our distribution through this software, but we are hopeful that as developments and improvements within the system continue to happen that this still could be a possibility in the future.

Response from Aysling

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub! It certainly is a robust platform that covers everything from Ad Sales to Subscriptions. As we continue with our monthly releases, it makes it possible to update many parts of the system, rapidly; which can sometimes be overwhelming for our clients; however, it's always beneficial for them.

Shalyn