• Pros

• "Solid interface. Easy to use. Gets the job down for what we use it for."

• "It is clean, well organized, and bug free. It is easy to learn and has a lot of great features. Of all the magazine CRM systems I have used, it is the best."

• "Product is user friendly and was great working with the MagHub Team to implement."

• Cons

• "Reporting can look a bit too much like excel. However after adding in a few other features we have brought our reporting system in to a dashboard."

• "MagHub is a complete system and great tools for the entire team, but they could improve their email deployment capabilities. "

• "The learning curve was kinda steep. All the tools are there but it just took us a while to get everyone up to speed."

Browse MagHub Reviews

Kristi from Welcome Home RGV

Maghub Review

I was on the fence with Maghub vs. their so called competitor. I regret that I went with the competitor at the time. Two years later and incredibly frustrated with their competitor I called Maghub. From start to finish, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were true professionals and truly cared about my business and how the transition would work. There's always a learning curve when you switch to new software, but for me it was like someone finally turned on the lights! The platform is very user friendly, I love the app and I can't rate their customer service high enough.

Pros

Honestly, I love everything about this software.

Cons

Zero complaints. Their customer service is top-notch, so if there is something you don't understand or need assistance with - they are right there with you. They listen to your feedback, I forget what I wanted functionality for but it wasn't an option. A quick call to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and within days they had programmed that feature for me, at no additional cost. That's what I call listening to the customer.

Reasons for Choosing MagHub

Customer service, functionality, support.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

There are so many reasons. I was tired of the antiquated system and the promise of updates and what they would look like. My sales rep went MIA within minutes of signing the paperwork, and customer service was billed if you went over your alloted time. I have yet to pay additional fees for support at Maghub!I was also at a conference and stopped by their booth and they a) weren't aware that I was already a customer and b) once I told them I was already a customer they literally didn't give me the time of day. It was at that point that I marched to the Maghub booth, gave them my credit card and said sign me up! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] checks in on me periodically and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] never tired of my questions. I drank the kool-aid, and am so happy that I did.

Response from Aysling

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your thorough review of the MagHub platform! We're glad to have your publication on board with us, and we're absolutely grateful that our platform and team could exceed expectations!

Soula from ELEGANT WEDDING MAGAZINE

MAGHUB MAKES LIFE EASIER

I have been using it for a yr. now and the Overall experience has been great. For an in house program, easily taught and makes me have better access to my 200 clients . Not complicated at all to learn and truly a great program.

Pros

I can easily see my schedule, appointments, all the information I need on a particular client. The payments are automatically done (*meaning the way it is set up to send reminders and I DO not need to do this anymore )** the Activities is great for my notes and for me to choose if I want to set up a TO DO make an appointment or EMAIL the client a reminder without having to type or copy past if already programmed* the Email Contact About Call * feature also one of my favorites.

Cons

That I am not able to fix the layout *my preference * site settings. I preferred it on the top , not docked on the side and for NOT being able to manage or set it the way I like.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

Way better system and more manageable features.

Response from Aysling

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we're glad that the MagHub platform has made your processes easier. Regarding the Left-Hand Navigation menu, we understand that it is an adjustment, and one that we will continue to improve. We adopted the Left-Hand Navigation many years ago for our Client/Subscriber/Vendor portals, and after testing those processes, we found users find and access things easier; which prompted us to release it for all of MagHub.

Sheri from Rodman Media

Mag Hub review

Pros

The transition was easy. It is easy to use. You can customize to fit your needs.

Cons

Some accounting features for billing and payments. I can not group all the on line issues in group allowing me to invoice all at once. I have to write off wire fees as a bad debit should be an option wire fees.

Better functions and more options with Mag Hub

Response from Aysling

Replied March 2021

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we are glad to have your team on the MagHub platform. We have also shared the accounting comments with our Product Director.

Alyssa from Royal Media

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

A Positive CRM System

My overall experience with Maghub is positive. I do not mind navigating through the platform and think there are many helpful features for a successful sales process.

Pros

I like most about maghub how easy it is to navigate client accounts.

Cons

The formatting limits within insertion orders, templates.

Response from Aysling

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we are glad it is easy to navigate for you and your team. Thank you also for your feedback regarding our templates, we are constantly updating and adding new features to allow more flexibility. Be sure to follow our Release Webinars each month!

Luke from Premier Guitar

Industry: Publishing

Maghub is a fantastic comprehensive solution

"A" rating for sure. Maghub is consistently the most used and helpful product we use at our mid-size publishing company. Our business revolves around it.

Pros

Ease of use and adaptability are the core strengths of the Maghub system. The system is designed to cover nearly all of the needs of a modern publishing company from order tracking, CRM, Sales functionality, and a full accounting suite. Integrations can be added to customize the system to tailor it to your needs. The customer support is engaged and helpful. Also, the feature set is constantly updated.

Cons

Not a super big con, but as publishing transitions away from a print-dominated market, software products are naturally trying to adapt as fast as they can while keeping stability and product consistency in mind. Maghub is not immune to this but improves monthly.

Reasons for Choosing MagHub

Cost and flexibility. Also we really enjoyed working with the Maghub staff.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

ELAN was forcing us to upgrade to an unstable environment and were difficult to work with. Maghub had more features and a company philosophy we more closely aligned with.

Response from Aysling

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub. We are fortunate to partner with terrific publishers such as yourself as you provide great feedback, commentary, and recommendations which ultimately guides the direction of MagHub as a product.

Roberta from Down East Enterprise Inc

User For Invoicing and Reporting

Pros

As the primary user of invoicing and aged reporting, the options were very adaptable even through upgrades to the software.

Cons

A standard manual would be most helpful, and as software procedures change a user would benefit by receiving a new course of action inserts thereby having the most up to date procedure manual. Also extend weekday hours to include evening online support.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

The organization needed more flexibility to accessorize the needs of clients.

Response from Aysling

Replied December 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub. You can actually download a .PDF of our Help Center to use as a manual (it's quite large; however, it's possible). Regarding Live Chat hours, we have shared your request with our support team. With our entire support team being located in the Eastern/Central timezones, we certainly see the opportunity to expand upon it.

Robin from Bay Area Parent

Maghub Sales Perspective

Maghub is extremely user friendly. I can quickly look at my home page dashboard and track what agreements are waiting for client approval and finance approval, how I am tracking towards my goal, my cold calls for CRM management, and any upcoming activities and to-dos I have scheduled. The reports are easy to find and I use them daily. I can see which accounts' contracts are expiring ahead of time and make sure to call in plenty of time.

Pros

I look at the reports everyday. They are extremely helpful in prospecting and keeping track of my monthly revenue. I am able to look back at prior years to determine call rotations too.

Cons

I am not able to edit email activities.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

It was not acclimated to our business (magazine) and the needs we had.

Response from Aysling

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub! We're excited that the New Dashboard will also be made primary soon, allowing you even more customization, and reports (you can even create custom reports with Metabase).

Sharon from West and Mid Rivers Newsmagazine

Maghub review 8/2020

Overall, I have been extremely happy. Prior to Maghub we used ZOHO. Night and day, Maghub wins!! Not only is the program easy to follow but the support has been amazing. I am also glad they are local and not from another country where I have trouble understanding them. We are only 6 months into using the program but I am looking forward to becoming a 100% user.

Pros

I like the organizational aspect of the program. Quick links are useful. Having the ability to customize my dashboard was also a nice feature. There are way more features then I have used up to this point but I am looking forward to learning about the other features. To date, the programs are fairly easy to follow. But the chat help has been wonderful!

Cons

I wish the program integrated better with gmail. Having to add bcc everytime I send out an email to a customer is a hassle. I forget constantly. It was also be nice if I could enter a contract on the app. Often I am not in front of my computer and want to enter a sale.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

ZOHO never fulfilled our objectives. It is set up for manufacturing not advertising. Also, the support was terrible!

Response from Aysling

Replied August 2020

Hi there, thank you for your thorough review of MagHub; we are so happy you made the switch from Zoho. Regarding the Gmail situation; there are ways you can actually auto add BCC features, so you never have to do it manually again. I would also check out the newly updated Gmail Add-On as well.

Tom from Towne Post Network

Industry: Publishing

Great platform to build your publishing business on

Very professional organization and really committed to customer service - not just chat bots and FAQ.

Pros

Very powerful and well integrated - especially like the flat planning feature (Magbuilder)

Cons

Tends to update quite often and things change around - takes some ongoing commitment to training.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

their platform wasn't very integrated (CRM + production)

Response from Aysling

Replied December 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub, with a product updated monthly with new features, changes, and updates based on client-feedback, we certainly see how it requires a commitment. We have strived in 2020 to add a new updated Help Center, require less clicks, and offer additional digital-training opportunities. These initiatives will continue by our team moving forward.

Jamie from Best Postcard, Inc

Great Program!

Pros

Customize able to our company, integrated with our business model and other software easily, user friendly

Cons

It’s a little quirky, but once you get to know the program, the quirks become very familiar

Reasons for Choosing MagHub

Sales force was deceiving with the cost of our build, not upfront about what the expense or the length of time it would take

Response from Aysling

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub! We appreciate you sticking through and learning the 'quirks' of MagHub. Connecting departments is what MagHub is all about, and that often means integrating various software titles. Fortunately, our in-house development team is always up for the challenge!

Dawn from Bay Area Parent

Happy with MagHub

Pros

Great platform covers contacts, proposals, sales and production for our magazine and online digital products. MagHub is constantly improving their product and each release brings something that enhances our use of the software.

Cons

Creating custom "on the fly" reporting for detailed sales analysis was effortless in salesforce. In MagHub, it requires an additional fee for access to the data warehouse as well as a basic technical understanding of SQL in order to configure the data.

Primarily cost.

Response from Aysling

Replied December 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we would recommend that you learn about our Metabase integration as it's free for any publisher who has a DataWarehouse, and it allows you to create custom reporting, without SQL knowledge/experience!

John from 360 Publications

MagHub product review

MagHub solves the co-ordination of the publishing business. Each step of the process integrates smoothly, almost without human intervention. From drip e-mail campaigns to prospecting to sales to invoicing to production and distribution, there is no wasted time with duplication, or finding the information that documents what other staff have done on behalf of the client.

Pros

MagHub takes the randomness out of the sales process. By following the call lists, no prospect falls between the cracks and no client gets left behind. The product is easy to use and is intuitive for what a publisher needs. We have been able to customize it to our specific needs. The learning curve is relatively easy compared to other software products we've looked at.

Cons

The only thing on my wish list is that MagHub would integrate with Quick Books desktop version. Currently MagHub integrates with Quick Books Online. We use the desktop version of Quick Books, and my bookkeeper will not change.

Reasons for Choosing MagHub

Service from MagHub's sales and technical staff.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

The level of customer service.

Response from Aysling

Replied March 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub! We appreciate the thoroughness, and are glad you found the system easy to utilize with your business.

Todd from Palm Beach Media Group

Great Features, Ease of use means workflow efficiency

Maghub is a one stop program for us. I don't have to go out and find different programs to run different areas of the business. I especially like the team of developers that continually improve the features and really jump in when there are new requests to develop. This helps keep the business moving.

Pros

The well rounded software that allows us to use the same system and information to flow from prospecting to ad sales to collecting materials to page planning, billing and collections. Maghub also allows our Editorial teams to track the assignments, costs and payments to freelancers or internal employees. the software also allows us to maintain our Circulation and Distribution lists as well. since all the information is in the same system, we reach maximum communication thru out the organization efficiently.

Cons

Documentation of features and settings. The documentation doesn't tell you how settings may effect things in the future.

Reasons for Choosing MagHub

The features, the direction the software was going.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

Spacemaster did not have the features that we needed. It was only an ad tracking software. we needed something that would help the business move forward.

Response from Aysling

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub! Our product was designed to do exactly what your company is successfully using it for; integrating all of your moving parts (departments) into one system. Regarding our Help Center, we're in the process of updating our entire service. In the coming months, look forward to a redesigned Help Center that is more precise, updated, and easier to follow than ever before!

Poppy from MiniCo Publishing

Industry: Publishing

Changing to the MagHub platform is the best thing we have ever done for our publishing division!

In addition to everything already stated, the switch to MagHub has helped us to cut the costs associated with using two different programs. It has also become a huge time saver for our accounting department.

Pros

Ease of use and having everything in one database is wonderful; the fact that we have combined what we previously had with Pre1 and QuickFill has streamlined the process and made it extremely efficient. Above all, being able to access circulation and advertising info in one place is key for me as a publisher. And I can count on the info being right with MagHub. On the circulation side of the business, renewals have become easier with MagHub. Tracking and handling group subscriptions is also a big plus for us now since it was very difficult to handle these subscribers with our old system. We are able to easily see our print vs. digital subscribers, and comp subscriptions for our prime advertisers are now also easy to track as well. Billing advertisers through MagHub is also a big plus for us. Whereas our accounting department previously had to use a separate accounting system to manually bill and send invoices with the USPS, we can now upload ads into MagBuilder and email them out to clients. This has been an incredible time saver! The biggest plus for us has been customer support! With MagHub we are never left hanging for days or weeks to resolve an issue. Live Chat is wonderful. And if for some reason they cannot answer our question immediately, it is kicked up to a higher level and we have a response within 24 hours. Moreover, the MagHub team was able to customize a lot of the initial setup for us which was a big factor in making this change.

Cons

There have been very few negative issues with making the move to MagHub. Our biggest challenge was that we sell many books, articles, and other specialty items on our website. While there was no way to handle these sales initially, MagHub was able to set up a great system for us whereby we can now track everything we sell and who we sell it to.

Response from Aysling

Replied July 2018

Good afternoon Poppy, Thank you for your expansive review of MagHub! Also, we are glad that MagHub was able to fit your unique needs of books, articles, and other specialty items; as we always tell our clients, MagHub is made by you, for you. MagHub Marketing Team

John from Desert Path Marketing and Rental Housing Journal

Industry: Publishing

Great tool for keeping up with the business

As I said above, it helps sales stay on top of contracts and helps me know exactly where the business is at all times.

Pros

The easy-to-use dashboard lets me know exactly how the business is doing currently and for the upcoming months. The charts and gadgets presentation is excellent. Our bookkeeper is able to stay on top of invoices with the the aging reports which are excellent to check every week. Our layout and design person is able to easily keep up the ads that go in each issue. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] stays right on top of his contacts, knows which renewals are coming and finds it a great way to help our sales. Customer support is outstanding and makes all the difference is using this product vs others.

Cons

The learning curve is somewhat steep. We have to move from an older system and it took some time to learn all the features and get the. I am not a software engineer and sometimes the systems are tough to figure out how to use and change. However the excellent customers service solves this problem.

Reasons for Choosing MagHub

Sales person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who really knew what she was doing and knew our business needs. Maghub customer service far superior to other companies.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

Filemaker too hard to use

Response from Aysling

Replied August 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review MagHub. We are glad that your business adopted the system, and that it's helping all of your departments function seamlessly inside MagHub. Being such a large product that manages all departments, there are certainly a lot of hidden gems, that sometimes take a while to discover, but as you mentioned, our support/project team is up to the task!

Gerald from Cornerstone Marketing and Advertising, Inc.

No comparison!

MagHub has a very energetic and dedicated development team that continues to expand and improve the functionality of the software on a monthly basis. Their customer support team is extremely responsive and delivers support whenever it is needed, which is not what I have found with another magazine management software company.

Pros

When it comes to the daily management of magazine production and sales, there are not very many softwares that specialize in it. Of the handful that I researched, I chose MagHub because it had the necessary features with an attractive layout at a very reasonable price, especially a pretty well developed mobile app functionality.

Cons

There is nothing that sticks out in my mind about MagHub that I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing MagHub

MagHub sales and support were considerably more responsive; had a better software user experience and layout; had a better-designed mobile app; and the pricing is much more reasonable.

Response from Aysling

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your positive remarks about MagHub. We strive to offer a great platform, paired with great support; and it seems by your comments we hit the nail on the head!

Jocelyn from Hulsey Media

Increased Productivity & Centralized All of our Operations

This system has helped standardize our processes within our company, from internal communication to communication with our clients and much more. We have a few employees in the office, and several employees who work remote, including production and billing. This system keeps all of our processes organized and has helped our team immensely.

Pros

Maghub has done phenomenal things for our company. I truly encompasses every aspect our of organization that we needed help with. From keeping our contacts, leads and sales goals in order, to facilitating communication within our organization and with clients to streamlining our production process - this software took our company to the next level of productivity and organization. Overall, it was not difficult to roll out to our team. The only challenge of integrating it in on a daily level is the fact that the software truly has so much to offer, it just takes time to truly discover and utilize it all - which is a great problem to have!

Cons

Being a small, local publisher, we have found just a few areas that we wish MagHub encompassed. We love this software so much that we truly wish our entire operations could funnel through the system. Currently we are unable to manage our distribution through this software, but we are hopeful that as developments and improvements within the system continue to happen that this still could be a possibility in the future.

Response from Aysling

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub! It certainly is a robust platform that covers everything from Ad Sales to Subscriptions. As we continue with our monthly releases, it makes it possible to update many parts of the system, rapidly; which can sometimes be overwhelming for our clients; however, it's always beneficial for them.

Shalyn from Palm Beach Media Group

Excellent System-Connects CRM, Production, & Finance

My overall experience with MagHub has been great. It is easy to use and even our less techy team members caught on fast.

Pros

I like that the CRM ties to production and finance. This connection gives system users a complete view of the client. Users can see when a client was last contacted, if they have an active contract and what is included on that contract, if an ad has been submitted, and if invoices have been paid. It is nice to have all that information at your fingertips. MagHub integrated with a lot of third-party vendors which allows us to collect client data in one spot and share it with our team. It seems like they are always introducing new partnerships wich is great.

Cons

The system is big and has a lot to offer and can feel overwhelming sometimes. The help center can be hard to navigate at times. They update each month and sometimes it can be hard to keep up with all the improvements.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

SpaceMaster was outdated, and we need to streamline our processes.

Response from Aysling

Replied December 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub! We are glad you have all of the information necessary at your fingertips. We have absolutely heard about our system being quite large; fortunately, our team has been actively updating our Guides, Walkthroughs, Videos, and Help Center to assist with navigating new updates and features we add each month.

Amy from Fahy-Williams Publishing

Excellent Customer Service

We love being able to track our sales issue to issue. We have definitely benefitted from having MagHub because more of our tasks can be automated through MagHub than with our old software. We love having a Client Center portal, even though it's been a challenge to get all of our customers to use it. The ones that do use it love it, and it most definitely makes our job easier when they do!

Pros

I like the live chat feature most. Because we're always finding new things the software can do for us, it's helpful to have someone answer a quick question through live chat. Everyone is super friendly and accommodating. If the question is too complex for live chat, and I end up filling out a feature request or problem ticket, I always have a satisfactory follow-up.

Cons

We just recently started using the Subscriber section of the software (about 6 months or so ago). Adding and invoicing new subscriptions is a multi-step process which is somewhat tedious. Also, we would love more customization of subscription invoices. Right now, if someone purchases more than one subscription (such as their own plus gifts), they have to receive multiple invoices instead of one invoice for their purchase. This is super irritating and creates more work on our end.

Response from Aysling

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your positive remark! Our support team is what sets up apart from everyone else. We pride ourselves in offering more avenues for our clients to chat with our U.S. based support team. Keep an eye out for the subscriptions sections, as we are constantly adding tweaks/improvements to make the process easier for everyone.

Pam from MEDQOR LLC

Industry: Publishing

Maghub - a great program at a great value

We moved from Microsoft Dynamics to MagHub in less than 30 days. At the end of 30 days the staff was able to enter orders and production had the reports they needed. We did not have to change any of our processes because Maghub was easily configurable to what we were used to doing.

Pros

Ease of customization and implementation. MagHub updates the product each month, fixing reported bugs and introducing new features.

Cons

At the time we converted, the reporting on digital revenue was slightly inadequate. With the regular MagHub updates the product now has multiple options available for revenue recognition and viewing.

Cost

Response from Aysling

Replied September 2019

Thank you for your review of MagHub! Our goal for any new user of MagHub switching from another platform, is to get them up and running as soon as possible! It takes both our team and your team's dedication implementation and you've shown your dedication!

James from Rodman Media

MagHub = 5 stars

Overall experience has been excellent. It was nerve wracking at first switching from the past software we used but we were able to import our data successfully and had strong help along the way.

Pros

We switched to MagHub at the end of 2016 and found it to be the best option for managing our clients, ads and running in depth reports into our data. Like most new customers, there were some kinks we needed worked out here and there and the MagHub team was very responsive and found solutions to our needs. Overall the ease of use as well as the customization of the software has been very important to us.

Cons

The is very little we dislike about the software. The only thing we have experienced difficulty with is catering it to some of our international sales reps and sales reps that deal with international companies. It can be a bit time consuming entering international addresses since you are forced to pick a state/province for international locations, which can be very tricky with European and Asian countries.

Response from Aysling

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your comments James, we are glad the nerve-wracking has surpassed and the group is happy with MagHub. As we continue to grow outside of the US market expect more and more international features to come, similarly to the multiple currencies that was featured recently.

Marc from Growing Community Media

Industry: Newspapers

It's a lot to learn, but worth the effort.

I like Maghub, and I get a sense of satisfaction when I am able to figure out how to do something. Overall, I think you all are doing a great job.

Pros

Maghub is great in that it does everything. Once you get the hang of it, it works smoothly for contact management, emailing, billing and invoicing. There is always another useful feature to discover and learn.

Cons

We are a small company, but we publish four weekly newspapers. Maghub is very complex and it has taken a long time to get myself, and my co-workers, up to speed on it. It takes a lot of effort to learn and master, especially those features that are not used on a daily basis. Some features, like Magbuilder, are clearly developed with magazines in mind rather than newspapers. It can take some creativity to find the work-arounds to adapt Maghub to our procedures and products. Also, at times, I feel like Maghub's company motto is "why let people click their mouse once, when you can make them click it three times."

Response from Aysling

Replied August 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we understand that having a robust system such as ours, is a lot to take on. That's why we make sure our support/project team is up to the task! With hundreds of videos, help documents, and webinars, we'll make sure any publisher gets up and running!

Mike from Cities West Media

Industry: Publishing

Maghub streamlined our production cycle

We probably gained almost a week to our production cycle each month because of the backlog we once had to get all the communication to production from sales. Maghub allows all the sales team to manage and provide instructions and materials themselves eliminating the bottleneck we once had with the flow of info between sales and production.

Pros

The ability to have a shared workspace for the sales and production team to communicate on a ticket by ticket basis.

Cons

Response from Aysling

Replied August 2020

Thank you for that great comment about reducing the bottleneck! We are glad that MagHub has helped your publishing business operate more efficiently, it's what we strive for.

Susie from Leading Edge Communications

MagHub Proved It's Value

Having our own company software became difficult making upgrades, etc. MagHub was the best solutions for us.

Pros

After years of using software developed especially for my company's use, I was leery of changing to another software. MagHub proved to be user friendly and saved valuable time when sending out proofs, uploading files and invoicing. The added feature of being able to chat with a customer service rep, while working through issues has been very helpful.

Cons

Since my company has 2 sides — Publishing and a Marketing side, the software posed a challenge. For the publishing side, MagHub is great, but for the marketing side my old software seemed to work better for me. Frequent updates have made some areas better, but when using something new there is always a learning curve.

Response from Aysling

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub. Moving from a custom platform can sometimes be a struggle, but it is certainly one we've been successful with many times. I would recommend that for your Marketing side, that perhaps taking a look at our other product, Aysling, as it is built for Professional Services groups, such as PR and Advertising Agencies.

Kimberly from TownVibe

excellent customer support

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] & his team made the transition and training as seamless as possible. The customer support team has continued to be responsive & helpful.

Cons

It'd be nice to have more filters/options when executing searches or running reports.

Response from Aysling

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub. We strive to offer the best support of any software company in the industry. With our latest monthly updates, we would recommend that you try out our DataWarehouse and Metabase integration, as it'll allow you to create endless customizable reports, based on your needs (without the need of a computer engineering degree to build them).

Samantha from West Virginia Executive

Quarterly magazine company using MagHub

The benefits of MagHub for our company have been the sales tools, easy invoicing process, and digital tear sheets.

Pros

MagHub is a fantastic tool for our sales team. The team enjoys the ease with which they can track their clients, forecast their goals, and send and receive contracts/signatures. This has streamlined our sales process.

Cons

MagHub seems as though it was created with magazine publishers that publish weekly or monthly magazines in mind more so than quarterly publishers, which made some of the features difficult for us to adjust to. We do not use the software to manage our production schedule or mailing list for this reason. The integration was a bit difficult at the beginning because we were switching from not using a CRM system at all (just tracking everything through spreadsheets and paper files) to this, but our whole team is now adept at using it.

Response from Aysling

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your MagHub review. We understand that sometimes it takes some adjustments to get used to a new software system; however, we're glad your team took the time to adopt MagHub.

Tom from EMS World

MH review

Overall very positive.

Pros

Unified repository for documents and email. Ease of access to account information Updates easily App is functional

Cons

A bit too literal. If a client is REDSPOT and I type RED or RED SPOT, it will not find my client.

Senior management decision

Response from Aysling

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub. Our search capabilities are consistently being updated. With the addition to adding Menu items, and allowing users to filter by certain components in MagHub, we are making progress. However, we are aware that there is still work to be done. We appreciate the feedback.

Phil from Gardner Business Media, Inc.

MagHub -- Great CRM solution for publishers

We migrated our in-house CRM database to MagHub in 2017 to take advantage improve our overall order-entry and tracking processes. MagHub understands the needs of publishers and their background was a big asset in the conversion process. The platform has been reliable and their service and support has been top-notch.

Pros

MagHub's service and support through the transition from our CRM to their platform was great. They continue to be responsive to our needs and are consistently bringing new features to their product on a monthly basis. The input from their user community is a big consideration in determining the enhancement schedule. An added plus for us with MagHub is the availability of their Data Warehouse which has opened the door to integration with other 3rd party tools.

Cons

While MagHub has numerous reports available in their system, at times it has been difficult getting users familiar with what reports will meet their needs most appropriately. Reporting enhancements have been added to the product that have helped in this area.

Response from Aysling

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your review Phil! It's been a pleasure working with Gardner Business Media, Inc. and I know how much Tom loves adding new reports, and adding new features in the Data Warehouse tool.

Jonathan from Endeavor

Pros and Cons of MagHub

Overall I like MagHub and a lot of our challenges with the system are due to our own internal struggles. Things like MagBuilder and Commissions are just not able to be adopted yet. Wish we could leverage the Ticket workflow system to be more refined in views for large clients. Works great for a smaller client but having that ability to ramp up for a large multi tier corporation is lacking making wishful elements unusable.

Pros

I like how MagHub has been designed to be a beginning to end software solution for B2B companies. It allows you to integrate all divisions of your company into one solution vs. many.

Cons

Sometimes the permissions and amount of options is too much and not as refined as it should be. Don't offer something that can only perform at 50% or less. If it can't work at that level it isn't refined enough to be offered to a business. Those elements should be taken out of the mix to avoid confusion.

Response from Aysling

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your review Jonathan. We strive in being the one tool any publisher needs, and thus results in a lot of extra tools. Our push for 2018/2019 is to refine these tools across the board. First up, Orders!

Leigh from Neapolitan Family Publishing LLC

Comprehensive System

Pros

Running invoices with MagHub is so much easier than with our previous system. And I love that our credit card processing is integrated with MagHub, so any payments processed by credit card are automatically recorded as paid.

Cons

Many aspects of MagHub are not intuitive. There is definitely a steep learning curve. Also, when I have tried to sit in on the video tutorials when new features are released, the presenter moves so fast that I get nothing out of them and so have stopped watching.

Response from Aysling

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we're glad it has made your billing and invoicing process easier! Also, thank you for your feedback regarding our Release Webinars, we try juggling a large amount of features/updates, without taking too much of our client's time; however, it certainly can come across as rushed, we will keep working to slow down, and make sure the information is communicated effectively. In the meantime, I would highly recommend listening to Tom's Tips Podcast as that also reviews the Release Notes, traditionally at a slower pace (plus with cat facts and movie trivia!)

Susan from HotelCoupons

HotelCoupons

Lower cost than the program we had before.

Pros

I like that all of my tasks are in one place, order approval, invoicing, and applying customer payments are all in one system.

Cons

Was a big transistion from what I was used to, did not seem to transfer as easily as we hoped. A lot of learning curves. I also had my training, way too early, I should have waited until my system was set up before I sent to MagHub U. I think I would have had an easier time in the beginning if I did.

Cost

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

Spliting from our sister company and needed to get a cost effective program

Response from Aysling

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we aim to be the one-platform needed for Media Publishers, and it seems we've hit our mark with your group. Regarding MagHub University, we passed your comments onto our Support/Onboarding team to make sure that for future MHU events, that the attendees are ready for success!

Judy from Palm Beach Media

Great Program

While I may not use all of the components of MagHub, I am a daily user and am certainly appreciative of its many features and ease of use. I highly recommend MagHub to anyone looking for a CRM.

Pros

MagHub software delivers! The CRM is great in contact information storing, pulling reports, adding notes, etc. When requesting something to add that our users would benefit from - MagHub's support team is there to fill the request. And, having the software web-based allows users to have access from anywhere they can access the internet.

Cons

Being a distribution manager, we tried utilizing the distribution component in MagHub and ended up just using the subscription component to print lists for deliveries.

Company decision

Response from Aysling

Replied December 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub! We are glad you have found the value of being able to utilize MagHub and its support anywhere there is an internet connection! Subscriptions and Distribution are two components we are looking to expand upon in the near future, stay tuned for those updates!

Patricia from Gearhead Communications

Industry: Online Media

Great software and customer service

Great!

Pros

They really listen to their users and the software is very user friendly.

Cons

As with any software you buy of the "shelve", it is not custom and you have to understand that.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

Elan is not server-based so access is difficult.

Response from Aysling

Replied July 2020

Thank you for reviewing MagHub! We thoroughly believe that the support that we offer far surpasses any other Media Publishing ERP. We strive to make our platform universally easy to adopt, yet adaptable for each publisher's business.

Jeff from Laser Focus World

Associate Publisher view

I have used many other platforms and I find this to be the best i have ever used. To be honest it just makes sense where to look for things and how to use them

Pros

We all like the ease of use and data storage as well as ordering and opportunities for forecasting

Cons

None that i can think of now other than the main gadgets in the main page dont seem to work well for us

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

You have a much better product. My sales people use it. They actually are using it and it is helping them up their revenue

Response from Aysling

Replied August 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub. We are glad you found the transition from Salesforce to MagHub beneficial for your organization. Regarding gadgets, be sure to customize your New Dashboard and Widgets! With our Metabase integration you can have endless custom reports based on your data, no programming required.

Donna from Coatings World

MagHub Is More Than Contact Address Book

It keeps me very organized!

Pros

I love the feature where you can track the email status if client opened email or not; keep track of calls, use for prospecting, face to face appointments, keep notes, setup reminders, keep track of monthly revenue sold, do comparisons, track production status, and much more! Is very easy to use! I've used other software on previous jobs but this beats them hands down.

Cons

I would like to have an option to resend an email with added notes and attachments without sending a new email. As of now I have to write a new email and reference the email I sent previously.

Response from Aysling

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub. Our team also loves the direct email send feature, with the ability to track opens/clicks/unsubscribes. Plus the fact it auto-logs the activity and email is helpful. That is a great feature request regarding sending an already sent email, we'll be sure to add that to our Feature Request list for review.

Ross from The Real Deal

Industry: Publishing

Review by Chief Sales Officer of The Real Deal, The Nation's leading source for Real Estate News

Our Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Production, departments are all integrated and working together!

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

SalesForce was too expensive and too bulky. It was too expensive to customize it the way we wanted to.

Response from Aysling

Replied March 2020

Thank you for your detailed response! We're glad MagHub has helped bring all of your departments into one platform, and that is the true goal of MagHub! We're also glad our team has been helpful in your endeavors and that you were able to bring reporting into your dashboard. With our new dashboard being unveiled shortly, you'll have even more flexibility!

Tim from MEDQOR

MagHub is Marvellous

Pros

MagHub is a superior tool for publishers because it's designed to be used by publishers for exactly what they need to accomplish. MagHub allows me to capitalize on opportunities and stay on top of my brand. At my previous company, we used a San Francisco based software company, requiring a lot of manipulation and extra cost to make it work for us. Bottom-line, MagHub is the perfect fit for publishers and their entire team.

Cons

Response from Aysling

Replied August 2020

Hi there, thank you for your review of MagHub! We strive to make sure the MagHub platform benefits each and every user, from the ad sales team to the production and layout team. We are currently working on new ways to improve our email templates, and functionality, especially within the automation and sales roles. Stay tuned!

Genay from Encore Media Group

MagHub

While we have our struggles with how things are set up and running with the system, the team at MagHub is actively working to make changes and listen to feedback from our team on what's needed.

Pros

The potential for our entire team, from sales to production through to billing, can work in one system and have access to real-time information.

Cons

Not all aspects of the system are user friendly and ready to go for all of our team.

Response from Aysling

Replied January 2020

Hi there, Thank you for your review of MagHub. As you mentioned in the Pros section, MagHub has been built to integrate all departments into one system, preventing double-entry and additional software costs, while improving overall usability for the entire team. We appreciate your comment that our team has been actively making changes in the system for our client's needs, and we have more to go. We hope over the next few releases you see our user-experience increase; however, as always we're always a Live Chat, Feature Request, or Support Ticket away.

Greg from Airport Business

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Aviation

Good for follow up contacts and notes

Pros

Ease of use when using to contact existing clients

Cons

Can not add a contact email already in the system

no choice

Response from Aysling

Replied August 2020

Hi there, thank you for your review of the MagHub platform, we are glad that it is easy to use for your sales team. Regarding your comment, you can actually disable the setting to require each contact to Require Unique Email Address on Contacts.

Stephen from Anchor Media Inc

Superior CRM and booking/billing system

We have have had staff working remotely for over two years now. It is extreemly easy to enlist a new user and get them up to speed quickly

Pros

When we switched to Maghub, the prime reason was its easy integration with quickbooks saving us hours of double entry every month. After using it for several months , we found all of the available features easier to use than our previous cloud based softaware

Cons

The addition of new editons is a tedious chore. We are a weekly publication, and like to have about a year and a half of issues ready to book into.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

origanally because of the intrigation with quickbooks and a superior graphical interface

Response from Aysling

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub; we're glad we were able to support your remote-workforce needs. Thank you for your feedback about the addition of new editions, we will be sure to share that with our Product Manager.

BRAD from ARGENTUM

Transparency

Refreshing.

Pros

The MagHub team delivers on promise or they don't make the promise. Its rare to have a software vendor which clearly communicates its capability, the cost tied to such functions and features, then delivers on it without fail. And their customer support is available and responsive.

Cons

I would like to explore an integration with MapYourShow's expo module as I understand there have been previous work around such an integration.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

Maghub was proving the be the reliable product without expensive customizations.

Response from Aysling

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your kind words and thorough review of MagHub. With our agile development cycle, we strive to keep our product on the right track, for our clients. We have certainly discussed a MYS integration in the past, and we have a strong relationship with that group. I have passed this request along to our Product Director.

Andrew from Bellwether Media, Inc.

Has worked very well for us as a small community newspaper.

Pros

The number of features it offers for the monthly fee. Comparable software was coming in multiple times more expensive. The clean integration with QBO for my accounting needs. The constant improvement that MagHub is doing to keep the software up-to-date and relevant to the industry. Extremely responsive to customer feedback.

Cons

There is an initially steep learning curve to this software but the support team is there to get you started and help you along the way. Also wish the subscriber invoice data would integrate with QBO (though I'm told the next integration update will include this)

Response from Aysling

Replied July 2018

Good afternoon Andrew, Thank you for your review of MagHub. We are glad you found value in our platform, and the integrations only we offer. Our Support Staff is always available to assist with on-boarding new employees, new features, updates, releases, etc. MagHub Marketing Team

Juernene from AFRO American Newspapers Inc

MagHub Business Balance

MagHub has met my main functional needs to perform my job for invoicing and reporting.

Pros

Client account and order entry is seamless and very user-friendly. Field placement and tabbing is uniformed to the format of screen design, making entry from customized forms efficient and effective to time. The quality of design is presented very well for companies, contacts, and financial data in reporting. And the export tool allows for ease of integration to other applications like Microsoft Office.

Cons

Integration to our existing system was difficult because of the inability to develop templates combining form specifications to cost of ad for quotes and purchase price.

Response from Aysling

Replied September 2020

Hi there, thank you for your review of MagHub! We are glad it has fit in well with your existing processes. Integrations can certainly be a struggle from time to time, especially when you have been using it for quite some time. We will continue to work on effective procedures when onboarding groups like yours, to make it as seamless as possible.

Stephen from Fox Associates, Inc.

Mag Hub Benefits

Pros

Integration was on schedule. The sales team rapidly began using with little down time or confusion. Most importantly, its not Magazine Manager or Salesforce. We have experience with each and Mag Hub is far better.

Cons

If we run into a question or a problem, the help desk is usually very responsive. There are times where I would prefer to discuss with a live person and not be in a chat. Also, you really need your own experienced IT person to interpret and implement changes. It's not geared towards novices or beginners.

Reasons for Choosing MagHub

Ease of use and design. Support team is top notch.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

Best option available. We had prior experience with both Magazine Manager and Salesforce and found Mag Hub far superior.

Response from Aysling

Replied November 2020

Hi there, thank you for your review of MagHub. We are glad your team made the switch, and we are glad it has been a productive one. We are happy to continue offering great support from a terrific team of support specialists.

Eileen from VistaGraphics

Mag Hub

Saves money with even better functionality.

Pros

I find MagHub to be easy to use. On the occasions where I need assistance the IM support feature is incredible.

Cons

Having to include publishing dates for all reporting can be occasionally challenging for the Visitors Guide reports, but not a big deal.

Company savings

Response from Aysling

Replied August 2020

Hi there, thank you for your review of MagHub and making the switch! We are happy to have your group with us. We love our Live Chat/IM feature, it's great to chat instantly with the people that helped onboard your account, therefore they already know about the setup process, and who they are talking to.

Laura from Southlake Style Magazine

Industry: Publishing

MagHub does all the work that multiple programs did before

It's been fantastic. Their customer support is also 10/10. And all of the people that I have met working at MagHub/Aysling has been humble and funny (seriously funny.), it's been a joy to implement this software and see it really help all of our departments!

Pros

I love that is has streamlined so many processes for our company. Tracking ads and client changes, tracking communication between us and the clients, the reporting features are AWESOME, the client portal is fantastic and having it so that clients can approve ads themselves is wonderful.

Cons

The only thing I wish it did that it doesn't currently do is... when you export a certain report, you cannot sort by a specific column and then export. The export just takes on the default sorting order. Not a huge deal at all, but this is my one tiny "complaint" so far.

Response from Aysling

Replied September 2020

Good afternoon, thank you for your thorough review of MagHub! We are glad you've found the value of replacing multiple tools with just our system, that is certainly what we aim for. Regarding your export functionality, that is a great feature idea and we have submitted a Feature Request to review.

Grace from Aspinwall Collective

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great for small businesses and photographers

Easy to use for my client base, and we recommend it often to others. It is simple, has a beautiful interface and is straightforward.

Pros

I work for clients who use this software, and request that I use it also for their management system. I love it. It makes it really quick to see where we have sold and utilized ad space, and we can quickly rearrange advertisements without wasting time. It also allows me to see our vendors and see when a member of our team last reached out to them (this is useful for our rule which is to make contact with each one approximately every 30 days). The Notes feature is my favorite, as I often want to keep track of things as I am on the phone with a client.

Cons

Account activity can lag when a client is behind on a payment and has already made it, but otherwise, this is not too much of an issue. Most of the time, the notifications are up to date almost instantly.

Response from Aysling

Replied January 2019

Thank you for the thorough review. Often, the MagHub platform is utilized by many others outside of our direct clients, and it's great to hear those comments/feedback.

Jay from VistaGraphics Inc

Superior Software

Overall experience has been wonderful . great customer service. Love the live chat option.

Pros

The CRM functions are superior to anything out there. Allows sales reps to stay organized and more time for getting in sales

Cons

need custom reports set up for billing purposes

value

Response from Aysling

Replied May 2020

Hi there, Thank you for your review of MagHub. We appreciate the feedback about creating custom reports; and our team is consistently adding new reports, as well as new integrations (Metabase) to provide the data you need. Support is our #1 priority at Aysling | MagHub and we're glad we can be of assistance.

Jill from Day Communications Inc.

Industry: Publishing

Maghub is the product to use!

I feel Maghub is a great value and easy to use. Technical help is great too. Just overall a great product.

Pros

Easy to use and Maghub willingness to add features you request.

Cons

Some reports for accounting side of Maghub couldn't pull in info from multiple sources.

Reasons for Choosing MagHub

Easy to use and the customer support was great.

Reasons for Switching to MagHub

We didn't like the previous system for accounting. Wasn't easy to use.

Response from Aysling

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review of MagHub. Accounting is just one of the many departments who find value in using an ERP like ours. Data & Reporting will always remain on our roadmap, with new integrations such as Metabase and our new dashboard, we're consistently adding new ways to present data to our clients, the way they need to see it.

Lori from Production Machining magazine

Good functionality

They asked for suggestions from us and they made several changes based on these suggests. Support seems to be open-minded to new ideas and are willing to work with their customers to produce a quality product.

Pros

I only used the mapping portion regularly for magazine production and periodically will look up companies and contacts in the database. I like the mapping because all the ads to place automatically show up in the system so you can't forget to place an ad. I also like that two people can have the map open simultaneously. The color coding is also helpful, and you can move pages by clicking and dragging. Adding spreads is also easy.

Cons

Adding editorial to the map is tricky. I thought it would save my additions/changes--sometimes it would and other times it would not. The ability for the production person to add notes to the map would be a nice feature to add.

Response from Aysling

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub. We're glad that you've enjoyed using MagBuilder our flatplanning tool. Great feedback about additional items you'd find helpful. I have passed them along to our Product Director.