What are Maximizer CRM users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Maximizer CRM software through verified user reviews

• icon"Excellent value for the cost. Powerful - will do all that I need for marketing and sales, plus more."
  • icon"The outlook integration is an excellent feature, and we can save all our correspondence to the data base. We send a newsletter to all our clients through maximizer which is very easy to do."
  • icon"It is a nice software solution with typical contact management features. Add contacts, set follow-ups, track opportunities, send e-mails."
  • icon"The biggest obstacle for me is the mount of data entry and customization to make it flow for our company."
  • icon"It is SO busy that it is difficult to use the tab after tab function leaves lots of sub levels un informed."
  • icon"It needs to be upgraded a little to have the updated look of a current software. The data from way back is hard to track."

Browse all Maximizer CRM Reviews

• Have you used Maximizer CRM and would like to share your experience with others?

Stuart

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

I have used Maximizer for 25+ years

Ajbinder

Making Maximizer Your Firm's Cornerstone

We are able to complete our tasks much more efficiently and able to coordinate with other members of our team. Over the years we have tried other CRM options but Maximizer has been the one we have been looking for. Extremely glad we made the switch.

Pros

Maximizer is very intuitive to use and the layout feels as if it has been designed with the end user in mind. The easy to navigate fields and customization allows it to be adaptable to many different practices. Our efficiency has improved significantly as a result of Maximizer.

Cons

Personally, I am still confused on how to best set up households and individuals within that household and it feels like I have some duplication but I have not been able to figure out how to clean it up.

Adam

Good Update from Past CRM

We switched from Goldmine because of the extreme limitations we were finding with ongoing support and updates. We have been pleasantly surprised with maximizer, but still feel as though there are opportunities for improvement.

Pros

The interface is intuitive and allows for easy access to information that is needed to confidently engage a client across all team members.

Cons

It would be nice to include some type of gant chart to help track projects that are not sales-based.

Reasons for switching to Maximizer CRM

Maximizer was a better fit for our size of staff.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Adam, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're delighted to hear that you Maximizer easy to use and intuitive. I have shared your feedback directly with our Product Manager to address these challenges. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process. The Maximizer Team

Kathy-Rae

Maximizer user since the early 90's

The latest feature that I love is the relation manager it could be a little easier to use. For example I refer customers to service providers that I have in our database. The feature allows me to link that customer with the service providers that we have referred. I can then follow up with the provider to see if they heard from the customer and to make them realize that I'm tracking the precious leads that I send to them.

Pros

Maximizer has been my right arm since the early 90's. Our company has grown with Maximizer and watched the software evolve into a very powerful tool. The ability to organize all your customers in one program and to have the mobile ability to bring customer files up on our smart phone is incredible. It makes the customer feel important as you have all the details at your finger tips about their likes and dislikes. Many customers will comment that they can't believe I remembered one detail or another...I don't have the heart to tell them I have it all documented in my Maximizer program.

Cons

The addition of the campaign management is a critical feature but is very difficult to use. It is fabulous to have this in Maximizer but it is not as easy to use as some of the others such as Constant Contact. The integration of and the statistics are very important to see what customers are clicking on within your email broadcast. Increasing the ability to make adding graphics and enhancing the viewing pleasure of the customer would be very helpful.

HubSpot CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for choosing Maximizer CRM

I had not upgraded my software with Maximizer for several years and did not realize all the fabulous new features that had been added. Probably my biggest stumbling block was at the time my company relied upon the ability to have the integration with QuickBooks. I did not want to go to the online version of QB to have this integration. Our company moved away from needing this feature but now that we are doing more online sales I think it would be instrumental. Although I have heard that the online version of QB is not a good idea. Wish there was a way to integrate the online version of Max with the desktop version of QB.

Karen

July 2022

Maximizer great for lead management

Overall, generally happy with the product. Service is good as well.

Pros

The fact that we can sort on all kinds of UDFs and export the results. Also, great for keeping track of customers and prospects.

Cons

We could not get the Dashboard to work as we wanted it to.

n/a

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Karen, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that your experience with our dashboard tool has not been ideal. I've shared this with the team and someone will reach out to you. However, please do not hesitate to reach us at support@maximizer.com. The Maximizer Team

Rob

July 2022

Good and efficient but costly

Pros

Customization for your specific needs makes it easier to work like you think

Cons

Monthly cost, especially for multiple users/ devices

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Rob, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're very happy to hear that you've enjoyed our customizable features and that it's made it easier for you to work. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales and customer relations process. The Maximizer Team

Chrissy

Great Product to Keep Your Business Running Smoothly

Maximizer is a very important part of our day, we check it to see what tasks we have coming up, have completed, and what we are waiting for. It makes our day run smoothly and keeps everyone on track.

Pros

The features I like about Maximizer is that it is easy to use. There are many features that we use to keep the company running smoothly, even if someone is on holidays. You can add their tasks to yours so you know what needs to be done while they are away. The program keeps the client's files secure and easy to access when looking for a form. The customer service is wonderful and fast in helping find solutions.

Cons

There isn't much negative I can say. I don't use alot of the features, because I don't have time to just play around and see what else I could use to help with efficiency.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Chrissy, Thank you for leaving a 5-Stars review. At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better. Looking forward to continuing to serve you! Maximizer Team

Vanessa

February 2022

Maximizer is easy to use

Easy to use when you want to use it. Great way to create lists using filters so you can then create targeted emails.

Pros

I love that I can see the history of emails, phone calls, etc between a team member and a customer and pick up where they may have left off at in the sales funnel. I also like that I can save the details of their purchase and quickly refer to it when they call with a service issue.

Cons

The cost for this program is large for a small company of only 3 people. Some members do not feel it is worth the money and they do not use it to its full potential. They come from companies that used Sales force and want to continue with that program so trying to teach them this program has been tedious.

Reasons for choosing Maximizer CRM

My last business partner used Maximizer and carried it over with him. I fell in love with it.

Shelley

Have used for over 10+ years have been very pleased no reason to change

Pros

Cloud based … confident in their security features

Cons

Price for smaller offices

Reasons for switching to Maximizer CRM

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Shelley, Thank you very much for sharing your Maximizer experience with us! We look forward to continue to work with your organization. The Maximizer Team

Rod

A Good CRM for sales and automation

I’ve been using Maximizer for almost 17 years and I like the program. It works well for our needs and it’s easy to deploy to new team members.

Pros

Overall, I like Maximizer. Most of the modules are easy to use but if you’re a power user, you’ll find some of the features a bit “light”.

Cons

I wish they would make the marketing module more robust and the referral lead management easier to use

Sofia

Industry: Research

Robust for a Call sheet

Not great. We had to navigate several levels of customer service and received really high quotes to finally figure out that our old database that lived in an old license of Maximizer wasn’t compatible or transferable to the new.

Pros

Great to manage a robust database of contacts and profiles. Customizable user defined fields are particularly useful.

Cons

Not very mobile friendly, and the current version is 100% incompatible with older licenses (such as desktop versions) which are islands. So transferring an old database to the new version was virtually impossible.

Reasons for choosing Maximizer CRM

We were locked into the old system and weren’t able to export our data so had to settle with maximized again.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Sofia, Thanks for submitting your review. I wanted to let you know that our app is under constant upgrades for improvement and we have some amazing things coming down the line! Thanks again!

Replied September 2019

Kelly

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Max is great!

Since we have been a user of this product for MANY years, I think that speaks for itself. :)

Pros

Ease of morphing to our needs to keep us in the know about our daily routine, as well as the ability to source our data.

Cons

Inability to change color scheme, with that being such an easy remedy, wish that was a priority for Max.

Reasons for choosing Maximizer CRM

The ability to make it work for us, and its capabilities of document and note retention, along with the database was perfect.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Kelly, We're delighted to hear that our customizable features have made it easy to adapt to your daily routine and we're also so pleased that you've been a customer for many years. We'd love to hear more about your experience and share your story with our community. Please reach out to us at marketing@maximizer.com. The Maximizer Team

Peter

Perspective from an almost retired user

Pros

The support during the transition from another CRM was exceptional. The training videos and online webinar have been most helpful in the early days of being a user. Office app integration for the most part have been trouble free.

Cons

The interface with the dealer's system (IPC) was way too slow to be of any practical use. It hung up way too often and after 3 minutes of watching the circle of doom, I used to retrieve the pertinent data directly from the manufacturer's website. A highly desirable feature that motivated me to sign up in the first place ended up being a costly proposition that added no value.

Act!

Fund dealer integration.

Craig

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

CRM - A need, not a want!

We were looking to consolidate our customers into one central location to understand our marketplace better, focus on their needs and wants, which would be accessible to the whole sales team. To turn data into high value information by tracking the opportunities the business attracts and managing prospect’s expectations to convert more opportunities into wins. We can now see in real time how all of our opportunities are progressing. We also have automated reports in our Dashboard module showing the business’s sales performance and pipeline, which allows us to focus on each individual opportunity without any being left unnurtured. We have now linked our CRM with Mailchimp to allow for focused marketing campaigns based on the data we add to the Address Book. We now have a clear sales process that can be tracked with clear ‘what’s next’ actions to implement.

Pros

We needed a solution to move away from paper / spreadsheets for our customer database and whilst all CRM packages do this Maximizer gave us the bespoke nature to take control and not have an out of the box solution. The opportunity module is by far my favourite feature as now I can provide the Board with snapshots of our entire pipeline, weighted or not, which sector / products and track each opportunity on their own merits and assign the time and resources to achievable projects.

Cons

Very busy main screen for some users and dashboard is a tad frustrating sometimes, Insights would be nice but that feature is too expensive.

Reasons for choosing Maximizer CRM

The bespoke nature available via the selling agent to fit in our unique sector. Also to keep on premise to allow other internal systems to link under our control.

Megan

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Ease and customization for your unique business

Pros

This software is easy to understand and become comfortable working in when it comes to contact management and email integration. Maximizer offers many tools to be able to customize your data for your specific business and to continue to build on as your business grows. The ability to set a personalized dashboard to keep targets top of mind is very helpful and is a great way to start the day.

Cons

Having better integrations with other software would make our lives a lot easier. As well as having better duplicate checking for entries would eliminate a lot of work hours used to maintain a clean database.

HubSpot CRM

Javier

Clunky, undeveloped; Not useful

It was not a good experience. Nothing was as advertised, from the user experience to the security of purchase. The address book was not able to be converted from the Leads module and the maps feature wasn’t able to connect from Leads. The mobile version has a lot of bugs and isn’t very functional. They have a tutorial, yet aren’t proactive in distributing it to new users. Their focus is on sales. And it’s not a very salable product in my opinion. The worst aspect of this company is that they aren’t risk free. If you purchase a year software and decide after a few weeks it simply isn’t for your company, there are no refunds. I had to initiate a chargeback with my bank after being told that “unfortunately, due to the terms and conditions...” No customer wants to hear that. They tried to bully me into keeping their software. There are far too many options in 2021 for CRM to be forced into one, especially one so difficult to use. When I asked about a feature that I needed, I was told, “Perhaps later this year...” Not what I need if I’m paying good money for a software. Their sales VP wouldn’t call me when I requested a call after being denied a refund. When I went through their main website again after my experience with Maximizer, I noticed that everything they advertise is not in line with the product they put out. They say that there’s a free trial available. Not the truth. Any company who can’t be trusted to keep their word on something so simple isn’t reputable.

Pros

The sales team was excellent. Some features work well, but no better than free versions of other softwares.

Cons

This maybe would have been a good CRM in say, 1999. It’s antiquated and didn’t serve the needs of my business. I used well-known CRM previously and didn’t find Maximizer to be better than the free version of that one. There was a disconnect in usage that wasn’t able to be overcome by myself or my employees in several weeks of trials.

Reasons for choosing Maximizer CRM

The sales team was consistent in keeping contact.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for switching to Maximizer CRM

Thought it would be an improvement.

Todd

My use of Maximizer

Since 2002 Maximizer has aided me in keeping in touch with my clients. The action plans I have set early in 2004 still work to this day, and are easily assigned to my new and existing clients.

Pros

I have used Maximizer since the early 2000's. It is my MAIN source of CRM. I have many pre-edited documents that automatically get sent and merged with my contacts. I love this software and the amount of time and energies it's saved me over the years.

Cons

Originally, I didn't like the cost of the product, but as it became more mainstream the price dropped. The features increased and their negatives turned into positives. SO I don't have any cons to discuss at this time.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Todd, Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to helping you build on your already solid client relationships. Thanks again!

Replied September 2019

Adam

Industry: Chemicals

August 2022

A good online CRM system with some nice features.

It's a good system. I've used Salesforce at a previous company. I prefer Maximizer.

Pros

Sync to Outlook is very helpful to pull in emails. Sync to Word is also good for samples.

Cons

I think I liked it better when email sync went to documents instead of "Interactions". Now I have to click on an extra tab each time to get both documents and emails.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Adam, Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with uswe really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve. I have shared your feedback re: your preference for email sync directly with our Product Manager. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process. The Maximizer Team

Replied August 2022

Gabriel

September 2022

Good product used for a limited time

Pros

Simple to keep records of contacts and conversations

Cons

Didn't use this app for too long as the organization I was working with was shifting to try another. However I felt it suited what we needed at the time

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Gabriel, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're delighted to hear that you've enjoyed using Maximizer. The Maximizer Team

Replied September 2022

Josh

Robust, but lacking integration

It really is a solid CRM, and did well keeping the entire company apprised of the situation. It handles B2B and B2C with ease, and made it very easy to keep tabs on our clients. If it integrated with other critical apps, automated marketing tasks, and had a stronger customer service tool, we'd still be using it today.

Pros

I really liked the User definable setup, and the hierarchy between contacts and companies. I also liked how every user defined value got it's own view in SQL, so it was very easy to extract data into other systems using the database. It's very familiar to office users, and performed really well, even with 90,000 contacts/companies in it. It's a solid CRM, as long as that's all you need.

Cons

It didn't integrate well with other applications. We use Google Apps, and Quickbooks, which are pretty common. But it wouldn't integrate with either, and was going to cost in order to write each integration. The customer service case manager was minimalist, so it was simple to use, but didn't allow for a conversation to happen (eg I couldn't tell how much back and forth happened during a customer service case, or if the customer had updated information on the case). The email generation tool was primitive, and only allowed for basic, ugly html. Any advanced formatting, or click tracking common to things like MailChimp weren't available. There wasn't any marketing automation to speak of, and there wasn't any automated lead scoring. Everything had to be done by hand, and unfortunately humans aren't reliable.

Wouldn't Have A Growing Business Without It

I believe the business is better protected. We are more effecient. We have a small team and any one of us can take a phone call from a client and within seconds understand any history to do with a client issue. It might be something very simple or complex but because I can call up notes from others on the team and access all emails between us and the client and our back office it saves a tremendous amount of time. I think it also gives the client confidence that we know what we are doing because they don't have to explain an issue all over again

Pros

It is incredibly flexible. Basic programming that comes out of the box is more than what you need because it anticipates that not all advisors operate the same way. We have used it to save ourselves hours of work and redesigned how it works with us rather than us redesigning how we work. Saving of all emails under client file along with relevant notes. Easy tracking of client service work as well as understanding staff workload issues.

Cons

Like any CRM it takes time to learn and create new work habits yes you should throw away the paper notes. Regulators expectations are moving the bar upwards. Love to see a system map starting with a contact. How do each of the tabs relate to different functions. Because of its rich customizable capabilities it can be overwhelming even for your help desk.

Maximized for small companies

I use Maximizer as a contact manager with category tracking of contacts. I don’t use sales leads or opportunities as I find their use to be a little cumbersome for what we do and do see the value. I use it because it’s what I’ve used for years. It has features that are valuable to me, but it would be nice to know I could integrate a second or third user to share info. However, for an add on user to share my data, I would likely go to other products due to the challenges with implementation for less tech savvy users.

Pros

The things I like most about Maximizer is the customizability and user defined fields. The ability to set up my crm to look and function exactly the way I want is superior to many other products. Also, then unlimited contacts for the subscription surpasses the value vs the more main stream cloud based crm that charge per contact.

Cons

Integrated apps don’t function seamlessly or are limited. Additionally, the custom features can be tricky to set up if you are not super familiar with the platform. I’ve been using this for 23 years and have grown with the features, but I still have issues finding ways to accomplish setup tasks. Last, at least some monthly customer service should be included with the subscription. Most other paid services provide this.

Sam

Difficult to set-up, pay as you go support, pieced together from other CRM's

If you are not a savvy database programer or don't have a staff member that is, then you will likely find this CRM to be very difficult to use and customize to your practice. The cost keeps increasing and once you have been using the system, the company knows they have you on the hook and will keep the price increases rolling your way. Using this is like being caught between a rock and a hard place.

Pros

Online access from anywhere. Dashboard provides a good overview of your business. Wealth edition has some customization to the financial industry.

Cons

The way it is sold and supported is not CUSTOMER friendly. The resellers charge for everything and don't want to teach you how to be independent of them. They would rather do it for you without educating you. Pretty expensive. The webinar support is inadequate, they won't answer some questions and tell you that they have people you can pay to get that done. We should be able to learn it ourselves. You will have to buy a second access for your Administrative Support person, which is not the case with all competitor products and seems like a cash grab. Subscription is paid annually not monthly, so if you don't like it you are out a big chunk of money. Will not separate out billing for multiple advisors in a firm.

Good Overall Solution

Maximizer helps me simplify organizing my calendar and appointments, makes following up on tasks almost automatic, keeps all my contact info, notes, address updates and all I need to know in one easy to get to place - regardless of where I am. I find working remotely much easier using Maximizer. My staff loves it because they have instant access to all my client notes to help them in their jobs.

Pros

Maximizer has everything I require to easily organize my client relationships without being cluttered up with features I don't need. It is simple, intuitive and easy to use from the beginning and the training modules are great.

Cons

The contact list search engine is awkward - it only flashes the list starting with the first 3 letters, then it disappears and you have to type in the whole name . . . The embedded template feature is gone and is now attached to MSWord - which is an awkward connection. Because I have secure/encrypted email with my company, with severe firewalls - Maximizer cannot link to my corporate outlook email - this is not a significant problem and I would rather have the added protection than the convenience. I can still easily save all email communication through Outlook to Maximizer.

Tom

Industry: Publishing

Maximizer and the cloud

As a small magazine publisher I've used Maximizer to manage ad sales, subscriptions and distribution as well as basic contact management. I expect that Maximizer is even more powerful with a larger organization.

Pros

As a former ACT user, I was originally attracted to Maximizer because of it's link at the time to Quickbooks. I stuck with it when that linkage was dropped because it offered so many other features and flexibility than what I had experienced previously. When we moved from Desktop to a Server for remote connections may patience, time and financial resources were stretched to the limit. I was initially dubious about the cloud solution, particularly concerned about reliability. However that has not been an issue. Maximizer has overdelivered. Calls for technical help have been rare.

Cons

My learning curve was a challenge (several years ago) in part because the program was so powerful. I think a wider range of tutorials and customized templates have probably improved the startup experience. A major nuisance item is the need to use Internet Explorer in order to take advantage of the link with Word templates.

Maximizer CRM