• Pros

• "I absolutely love the app. It is very easy to use and allows you to get to your client quickly with very few clicks."

• "Easy to use for most, organized well. Updates have been helpful."

• "I love the advancements in the mobile application! Being able to look at client orders while on the go at industry trade shows and meetings has been a huge help! Bravo!"

• Cons

• "Technically it's still in beta, and the updates are a bit slow, but the customer support is fantastic, and any problems we've had have been resolved very quickly."

• "There are a lot of ways to get to things which in some ways can be confusing. Other times easier. "

• "Lots of steps to create invoices, etc. Used to be easier. Not a fan. but overall I don't think it can be beat. "

Browse The Magazine Manager Reviews

Kristen from TheHomeMag Southwest Florida

Magazine Manager for Print Advertising

The benefits of Magazine Manager within the print advertising company such as our is it that it provides unlimited information about past, present and future clients with the click of a button. We use the customer and issue to issue information daily. The notes, meetings, tasks section is highly beneficial to our sales team and management.

Pros

Easy to flow through each screen and drop down, holds a lot of information and a one stop shop for advertising needs and sales team. Specific reporting features are very useful in my industry.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software so far

Felicia from Bliss Network

Being a Small Business Owner Using The Magazine Manager

Overall, I've found the support team at The Magazine Manager to be helpful. I think the search functions within the program are easy to use. And the variety of tasks The Magazine Manager can be helpful with have been proven to be beneficial as a small business owner to running our publication business.

Pros

One of the things that is helpful about The Magazine Manager is the comprehensive ability to keep customer and client records and to invoice people directly through the program. On a daily basis, I utilize the search functions and functionality. Through Magazine Manager, I find it helpful to use functions such as sales reports, the A/R Aging Summary, and other features. I also find it helpful to be able to have multiple members of our team adding information to client records and to keep up to date with communicating with our clients through the database.

Cons

It took me some time to get up to speed with how to use the various functions and to become more familiar with the program. So I was definitely on the learning curve. The more I've used the software, the more comfortable I've become. On another note, if we have staff changeovers, the only time we can take someone off the program is before or on the first of the month. The per user fee is not prorated if someone leaves the team mid-month.

Sunny from Mountain Media Inc

Very good product

I can set my own sales goals based on previous year's figures. I can compare issue-to-issue sales for any product we sell to determine who's missing and who to contact. It's super easy to total any run of product and easy to use Mirabel reports to help generate and check commission reports. Notes and call reminders for all accounts allow me to be more diligent with my customers. We've been on this product since 2014 and I'd never go back to our former method.

Pros

Ease of scheduling - I can schedule an account by the week or for a whole year at once; variety of reports that track and compare sales revenue, issue-to-issue sales. I use the export feature to show an account exactly what/when their ran ads, and what their yearly expenditure is. It's easy to check yourself and easy to fix mistakes. Less things drop through the cracks.

Cons

There's no way to select multiple orders to reschedule them in one action. Once an order has run it cannot be deleted or moved. Only some of the form fields in various parts of the software are intuitive and self-completing - scrolling slows me down! With multiple users at our location, it's easy to create duplicate accounts that are hard to delete or merge to existing accounts.

The Magazine Manager: Making a Master of Management

The Magazine Manager is great for dealing with clients and overseeing production. Overall, I'm happy to recommend it.

Pros

The Magazine Manager is a highly-customizable program that allows you to keep track of clients, create proposals and contracts, and oversee production of your publication. It comes with plenty of default operations and devices to help the publishing process, but Mirabel Technologies, the parent company, is happy to create other functions for your benefit. The design is sleek and simple, as long as you keep track of which functions don't get used and remove them as needed. Many aspects can be edited on your end through HTML, making quick fixes easy.

Cons

A solid product that can do it all, if you can figure out how to use it.

Pros

We were managing our printed magazine with a series of spreadsheets on Google until we jumped to Magazine Manager. Now our team has real-time access to billing, contracts, pagination and flatplanning. It hasn't been easy and continues to present difficulties, but overall I'd say using Magazine Manager has been a benefit for our company.

Cons

Though they've tried facelift after facelift, I feel that the product is just so complex and has so much "technical debt" at this point in time that it needs a complete rewrite from the ground up in order to feel like a modern product. It is complex software designed to manage complex businesses, but it just doesn't meet the user interface and usability we're accustomed to in 2018.

Karen from The Livingston Parish News

Newspaper Management For the Future

Ease of order input Scheduling of orders well in advance Payment posting and providing real time receipts to customers Proposals of requested orders

Pros

The ease of use. You are able to upload client information from your smart phone or computer. You have all your pertinent client information available when you are on the go. You are able to view all notes and activity that has taken place. There is very little down time with this product, if any. There is a trouble ticket reporting system for when you do encounter problems with the system.

Cons

It would be great to be able to readily identify client specific order information when you need to. I generally have to pull up each order on the account if I am looking for a specific one. I would like to be able to quickly identify a specific order without having to call up each individual order to identify it.

Genia from Ulster Publishing

Industry: Newspapers

Magazine Manager has Been very helpful to our company!

Overall I don't think you can get a better system for the money. It does have a few things that could be improved upon but the price break compared to other systems quickly made it the best option for us and we have had no reason to look elsewhere. We are very satisfied with it.

Pros

I like that when there are upgrades that every user gets them. With our past software we would only get updates at a huge cost. When we couldn't afford the upgrade we were using an obsolete system. I like that many suggests you make become a reality. The customer service in the majority of the time fixes any major problems quickly. It is a web-based program so you can do your work remotely if needed.

Cons

Sometimes it feels a little clunky. I don't like how the payments are broken down. We have found that to be a problem since the beginning but it has never been improved upon. The classifieds also have a few glitches that have been a problem since the beginning and nothing has really changed in that capacity.

Kevin from Lessiter Media

Mag Mgr Review

Pros

Easy to use and understand. The callback feature helps me stay on top of calls with prospects and clients. Also integrates meeting with google calendar/outlook.

Cons

I'd prefer all notes, calls, meetings and emails were attributed to a company page as a whole, rather than a specific contact. It would make it faster and easier to view all recent activity. It was also make for a more accurate Inactivity Report.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Replied June 2019

We are glad to know that we are providing a an easy to use program that helps your daily work flow. We are grateful to have you as a client and appreciate your opinion on our services. Please note that any contact page has the option to view "all notes and activity" which contains a radio button for the option to "display all contacts activities" Hopefully this meets your needs, if not feel free to submit a ticket, let your SC know or visit our contact us page to help guide our improvements in the future,

William from Philips Publishing Group

I Use Magazine Manager Daily In My Job As Advertising Sales Manager

Overall, the system works for me and I would recommend to anyone in the publishing business.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to schedule my ads in one fell swoop, getting the magazine ready to go with just a few keystrokes. Also, the ability to store my ads in the software enables me to go back and find the ad for reference later on, in case I want to sell the advertiser space in a future issue.

Cons

What I like least is how I need to check the tiny little boxes for each month when scheduling an advertiser. This changed quite a few years back with an update that was heralded as a means to help the Magazine Manager customer... Let me tell you, it did NOT HELP THIS CUSTOMER... made the scheduling process much, much more tedious and time consuming.

Donna from Adrenaline Media Inc.

The Magazine Manager review

Daily functionality for our publishing operations

Pros

Perfect for publishing sorry this all I prefer to write here

Cons

Reporting ability not conforming to our 6 month billing cycles. Not compatibile with constant contact

Amanda from Smoky Mountain News

Industry: Newspapers

Learn it and you'll love it

As a multi-product publishing company we've experienced a great deal of improvement and efficiency in our day-to-day operations thanks to The Magazine Manager. Although the up-front time and effort to learn and set up the software can feel overwhelming, it's ultimately worth it--which is why we've been such loyal customers for 5+ years. Once everything on the back end of the software is up and running, you'll be glad you chose The Magazine Manager. Gone are the days of handwritten paper tickets and missing customer information. Our sales staff, accounting staff, HR and production all utilize the software on a daily basis and it's become a staple of our company.

Pros

Convenient cloud-based program which allows access to all ad sales, contacts and production notes from any computer device with internet access. It's a central hub for sales, accounts receivable, production and even Human Resources, making it a very convenient tool in your publisher's toolbox. They also have an app for smartphones--though the app is somewhat limited in only allowing data to be viewed, not changed. They've stepped up their customer service in the last year and it's been great! They also have a fantastic database of instructional videos on how to use the software - topics are wide ranging and thorough.

Cons

The software requires a great deal of training and education to use in order to reap the full benefit. This is not a software for the easily distracted or completely tech illiterate. Nor should you expect to simply "hit the ground running" once you have an account. Plan for lots of training, which they'll do for you. In fact, they generally wont allow you to begin using the software without a minimum # of hours of training -- so be prepared. They do require quite a bit of behind the scenes setup from your admin(s) as well. For example, setting up rate cards, templates and publication schedules is something you or your admin(s) will need to learn how to do and it can be a little overwhelming at first. Lastly, the circulation side of Magazine Manager falls a bit short. It's there if you need it, but it's very clunky and quite limited in scope, at least for now. Perhaps that will be changing in the future.

Barry from Harris Publishing

Industry: Publishing

Great tool for those who are willing to learn to use it.

As a publishing company, it is assumed that you have 2 basic kinds of products: Print & Digital. We have a 3rd - Shows. We just put it under print, but its short sighted that there are only those 2 basic types of products. Also - We have Co-op dealer ads that we had to come up with our own solution to figure out how to do the insertions & how to bill. This is not a new thing. There should be a simple solution for it built in. Cest la vie. Also, the process of importing our old data was clunky & not explained clearly. It was eventually done right, but sometimes it felt like the data import team & the team that sold us MM weren't on the same page. And finally - it seemed backwards to me that Accounting was the last group to be trained & it was after the sales & production teams had gone live. Nothing should have gone live until everyone was trained. Just my personal observation.

Pros

I love that you can easily keep track of all the ways you contact a client & don't have to copy & paste emails into comments. I also love the simplification of the process of getting ads in & processed. I also love that I can access it anywhere.

Cons

Because of the way we track some things, we have had to create a lot of custom reports. The reports are a little clunky in the printing process, both our custom reports & the built in reports. Its absurd to me that there's not a button (that I've found) you can click that totals the report at the bottom. The "print with totals" button that is in the built in reports includes totals from EVERYTHING. Including all other publications, instead of just the report I'm interested in. What I've ended up doing is exporting it to excell & summing it up, then printing it myself. That being said, if folks in our organization could get away from their need for printed reports, or took the time to figure out how to run reports themselves, the reporting system is fine. The other "con" of ths software is just that it is so expansive. If you take the time to learn to use it, its amazing. Some of the folks at our organization have embraced it & it is a wonderful tool for them. Others just don't want to do something different & will never be happy with change. The continual "well in the old system we could do this" gets really old after 6 months.

Mary from California Incline, LLC

No Solution on the Market Better than MagMan

***BE WARY*** MagHub and other competitors say they do things like or better than MagMan. But THEY DO NOT. Lots of promises made with NOTHING delivered. MagMan is the REAL DEAL. Save yourself time and money and get this software. You'll never regret it! We've been with MagMan for over 8 years and this product just get better and better and better every time I log in. It's absolutely UNDER-priced for the value of features and efficiencies!

Pros

I love the comprehensive solution that this software offers my operational needs in all my core departments, Sales, Accounting and Production. With all the integrations, my teams do their parts of their jobs in the software and MagMan. This creates transparency which improves my efficiencies all around. This software provides tools that allow me to do what I'd be doing anyway, ANOTHER way, more expensively. Their latest feature released, the ability to email digital tear sheets, just SAVED ME over $9,000 a year by not having to buy stamps, envelopes, paper, toner for my printer and pay a staff member to sit there stuffing envelopes with invoices and tear sheets. Thank you MIRABEL!!! :-)

Cons

In the spirit of full transparency, I must say that I'm surprised they haven't built in the ability to automatically apply later fees to open invoices. I still have to apply late fees account by account. But I understand this is a top priority for development in 2019! Yes, I am excited!

Kathie from Stratis Publishing

MM is the best database/contact management

As a contact management software as a salesperson it is excellent (I use another for another job and wish it was this easy!!!). But as the production person also, it is easy to pull runsheet reports. The staff are also excellent! Very responsive to any issues.

Pros

If you have used any kind of database before, this is easy to understand. There is so much available for whatever your specific needs are. You can customize. There is no limit to how you can use it.

Cons

The ease for copying line items: If I need to copy line items multiple times for a specific issue because a client has bought multiple items, I have to do them one at a time, as far as I know. I can't choose how many times. Not a problem, just makes it slow.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the glowing review! Your comments are very positive and you rank us as very likely to recommend, but the scores are all the lowest possible across the board. Was that a mistake?

Alicia from Tucson Lifestyle Magazine

Industry: Printing

Good program

This is the only CRM I have used in the last 10 yrs so I am sure things have come along more in the field of database management so I have nothing to really compare this to.

Pros

user friendly, easy to navigate within the program. We only use it for the circulation side of our publication atleast for now

Cons

technical support does not answer in a timely fashion and only does the minimal to help. The edit feature could be improved in the letter template series when creating invoices on the Circulation side. Each month I do a download of my active subscribers and expiring subscribers and do a merge into WORD as this is easier then trying to use their letter templates in the program and after months of trying to work with tech support I got frustrated and don't use their way of printing out letters from the database I use my own.

Magazine Manager User/Admin for 8 years

Overall this product is good for our business use. They continually invest to improve the product and I think they listen to the collective voice. Sometimes they implement new features, trying to make things better, but it adds two or three additional steps that were not required before, slowing down power users. The team is helpful and responsive. Their help desk team has improved their response time with newly rolled out ticketing feature.

Pros

Integration with QB, Authorize.net, Mailchimp.

Cons

Some of the features are glitchy but once reported they are fixed quickly. I just wish they did not require reporting the issues first. Entering goals and reporting goals could be improved. There are some limitations on archiving or removing things previously set up as an admin so you have to be creative to keep it looking clean on the front end for the users.

Linda from BizTimes Media

Magazine Manager

Overall, we're very satisfied with magazine Manager both for billing, CRM and production. We've used it just under 3 years now and I would never go back to our old CRM!

Pros

Magazine Manager is easy to use and intuitive--which means that my reps use it more often--which is good for all of us! I also love the app for on-the-go information.

Cons

I wish Magazine Manager synced with an outlook calendar, not only Gmail--we are constantly toggling between our office suite calendar and Magazine Manager. And---I've said this 100 times before--I wish we could use our custom fields in the email communication templates! Heres a new one that I intend to ask this year--how do we clean up old records when a contact has left--that we've billed to in the past?

Sandra from Compass Media LLC

Wish it would do more

This is a good tool for print publishing but we wish it had a stronger project management setup also.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use and it does have good features for selling and accounts receivable.

Cons

The customer service has dropped in quality in the last year. The sales support is strong, if you can get on their calendar, but customer service on errors is non-existent. For example, we ran into an issue where a contract was being invoiced multiple times. The system should stop that from happening and it used to but following the last major update we had an issue with that but the customer service was slow to respond and then when they did respond, they were not helpful.

Sue from Coyle Media Group

Magazine Manager makes work fun!

My sales have gone up and I have found it to be a great assistant in keeping track of my clients, sales and financials. The company we deal with is really helpful should we ever require assistance and offers seminars that enrich our profession.

Pros

As a magazine sales representative, this software has made my job a whole lot easier! I love being able to see if one of my accounts paid their bill and not to step on anyone else's toes regarding a prospect. The ease of use is great and I'm able to know where I stand sales-wise without having to calculate sales myself. It has been the best tool I've ever used in the publishing business.

Cons

One thing, sometimes a field in the contact form will fill itself in with an arbitrary web address. I just check each time I enter a new prospect and ensure this doesn't occur in any of the contact fields.

Miriam from Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles

Magazine Manager - Sales Savior

My experience has been excellent. I think I have sold more advertising utilizing this software. I can get many things done at a faster pace.

Pros

Magazine Manager helps me organize my day, my accounts and gives me the ability to have a paperless office. I love the different types of reports I can pull on my accounts. If my publisher needs anything from me when I am out of the office, all she has to do is go into my Magazine Manager and everything is at her fingertips.

Cons

The only thing I like least about this software is when they do upgrades and change the layout. Eventually I get use to it but in the beginning I feel like I am running at a slower pace.

Cheryl Moy from Gulf Coast Publishing

Efficiency

Because this program is online and available on any browser or app we have freed up all our employees from manually submitting written production orders; documents are uploaded to the site and not needed to be printed out and archived, and we save time every day with less phone call inquiries between staff members.

Pros

Our staff travels often so having the capability to login to one central location from every employee is ideal. Everyone is up to date from every angle of our production stream.

Cons

I have no negative issues because they have a great "Help" section always available online that I have referred to while learning the system. Plenty of videos are available as well to answer most any inquiries.

Josh from AgNet Media, Inc.

Industry: Farming

Review of MM

Overall The Magazine Manager is a very useful tool for our business. It helps keep things organized and on track.

Pros

Cons

The new billing portal. We have had a lot of issues with customers not receiving the automated emails from the billing portal. Also the transition was very rushed and we had a lot of glitches in the beginning and it would have been nice to ease into it a little slower and still have the option of billing the old way if needed. I also wish the search engine was smarter.

Great way to resource information from many departments within the same company

I use it constantly and depend on it. I do like using it.

Pros

Accounting, Production and Customer notes flow well together, and it saves time

Cons

The decision maker contacts change frequently and it isn't easy to keep the old information somewhere. Letter writing feature not easy to use. Mailing label feature not easy. Drag and drop not available.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great review! We are very glad to hear that we are delivering what you need for your business. Stay tuned for our new updates to the system for an improved experience and functionality. Feel free to provide specific feedback on what you may need via our ticketing system or contact us page: https://www.magazinemanager.com/contact

Kaati from RBA Publishing Inc

Industry: Music

MM changed my life!

If you have a problem, you just submit a ticket or make an appointment with your customer rep. Ours is CSR and my assistant and I LOVE HIM. He is funny plus he fixes our problems.

Pros

We don't use paper anymore. No filing systems for ad insertion orders. I can do my work literally anywhere so it has freed up my life PLUS I don't have to pay a bookkeeper anymore because I can do invoicing and statements with just a click.

Cons

We are through the rough patch now. We have been with MM for many years and they went through a whole transformation and lots of procedures were different but now it is second nature.

Tanya from Gulfstream Media Group

Gulfstream Media Group

it's been a bit challenging with the changes from what I was used to, however slowly getting familiar with the new look and functions.

Pros

the transparency in seeing what everyone on team is doing (makes me feel more competitive) and keeping track of my goals, appointments, and year on year changes in revenue. I also like the reminders for call backs every day.

Cons

too many steps to make notes, calls, meetings (going back in and saying they happened)...I prefer to make notes about the meeting. I never put a meeting in unless it is going to happen. a bit time consuming. Needs to be simplified a bit.

Deb from Insight Publications, LLC

Magazine Manager

We are able to keep better track of sales reps goals vs actual sales. Better forecasting for the year on individual products. It is a great product, although there are enhancements that could further help like being able to duplicate format sheet layouts, reminder pop-ups for important items and date reminders.

Pros

It is a great CRM. We use to track our publications, customers, invoicing, sales commissions, circulation, e-newsletters, publication layouts.

Cons

You cannot copy the publication layout from one month to the next. You have to recreate a new publication every month - which is time consuming.

Marlene from Precision Metalforming Association

Great tool

Prior to getting Magazine Manager we were repeating many tasks and doing our layout the old-fashioned way, by hand. This software has made many things a lot easier to do. At first, our independent sales reps resisted this software, but slowly they are coming along. Personally, I think has been a huge time saver and we now have more information all in one place.

Pros

The ease of the reports is an amazing feature. They have developed most of the reports you would want and they are so easy to run. The entire software is very user friendly and our trainer is always very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

Really wish the software had a packages feature, where you can put a bunch of products together and sell them as a package. That would be a great improvement.

Evan from Quirk's Media

Industry: Market Research

Great for juggling multiple products and media

Best price and option for a small media company like ours.

Pros

The CRM aspect of MM is easy to search and navigate. General reporting dashboards are helpful.

Cons

HATE that I can't just click a box to change the main contact for the accounts! Setting up in-depth reporting is very cumbersome and limited. Doesn't easily support Expo's or Events (you have to set them up as an "Issue"). Don't like that when sending a client an email from a Template in MM that it doesn't show that letter in the Notes section of the contact.

Karen from Woodward Biz Media

Magazine Manager Review

For the money, this is a good software tool. Once you learn everything, it is easy to use.

Pros

Overall flexibility, almost infinite ways to customize/make it your own.

Cons

Report writer. While somewhat intuitive, usually need to consult support to get it just the way we need it. Not all "data sets" are available on every report, hard to figure out which ones will be available. The "Field Type" options don't always work for every report. Don't understand the "logic" piece either. Doesn't seem consistent. Letter writing tools is clunky

Brad from Northeast Ohio Parent - Northeast Ohio Boomer and Beyond - Aging Answers (Mitchell Media LLC)

MM meets all our needs!

Efficiency! Completely integrated CRM and Billing platform allows total integration among team members

Pros

It knows our (magazine) industry front to back and the customizations are all built in and ready to use

Cons

Reporting doesn't give me exactly what I need all the time

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great review! We are ecstatic to hear that we are delivering what you need for your business. Stay tuned for our new reporting suite coming soon and feel free to provide feedback on what specific reports you may need via our ticketing system or contact us page: https://www.magazinemanager.com/contact

Melissa from The Home Mag Philadelphia

From a sales rep in PA

Overall, I love this product. It is the first thing I look at every morning, so I can see what calls I have scheduled for the day

Pros

The ease of keeping track of my calls conversations with prospects and customers is invaluable.

Cons

The "search" feature is not user friendly

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Replied June 2019

We are so glad to hear that we are meeting your needs and you are enjoying your experience using The Magazine Manager. Please feel free to submit a ticket with recommendations on how to improve our search function. Feedback from clients is what guides us as we continually strive to improve our product and services.

I couldn't do my job without it!

I have been using Magazine Manager for over 5 years now and it has been a great asset to our company. We publish 18 different versions of our Magazine every month. With out Magazine Managers help we would not be able to accomplish what we do every month.

Pros

THe software is very easy to use for both admins and sales teams.

Cons

Currently due to other legacy software we use within our company, i am not able to take full advantage of the capabilities of Magazine Manager. We hope to be able to use some of the other functionality soon.

Carolyn from Price Media, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

Ease of transfer between account executives

Very good. Representative is a good listener and gets to the point fast. He usually has more information to share than we have time for; but not a bad problem to have.

Pros

When one of our sales employees recently left the company, it was very easy to globally transfer all his accounts to the next person.

Cons

I would like to be able to check more than one box on the "Category" section so that we could pull these filters up more easily. For example: A retailer that is both a bike and ski shop.

Yvonne M from NewULife Somaderm HGH

Love Magazine Manager

It has helped me continue to stay organized and have immediate access to all my accounts and their names, addresses, emails, phone numbers etc at my finger tips whether at the office or traveling on the road and accessing MM via my mobile phone.

Pros

I have been using MM for almost 3 years now and could not function without all the special features that help me stay organized with over 1200 personal clients.

Cons

Sometimes I am challenged with making changes and refreshing the pages.

Melinda from LeisureMedia360

Industry: Publishing

Covers a wide range of options for your company

Pros

If you need a product to track your customers, your sales and projected contracts, compile a runsheet for sales, etc, you have come to the right software. From tracking to invoicing, you can do it all with Magazine Manager. Support teams is great and have a great turnaround time when you have problems.

Cons

Ability to delete customer information that has never been used is difficult.

Daniela from TOTI Media Inc.

Magazine Manager user since 2004

I like working with Magazine Manager.

Pros

-Being able to work from anywhere in the world -Having client information with a few clicks -Being up to date on sales -Ability to create specific flex reports

Cons

-Subscription function, it works to a certain extent. Would like to see improvements -Minor things in different areas, but since their support/ticketing has so much improved, these issues got resolved.

Hank from Tower Publications, Inc.

Mission critical software for our Sales and Billing departments

We absolutely depend on this software! After an exhaustive search in 2014 for CMS that was best suited for our print magazine company, we chose Magazine Manager and have been huge fans ever since.

Pros

Perfect, real-world tool for our company's needs. Competitive pricing. Continual upgrades and refinements. Excellent training and support.

Cons

Customization tools and interfaces are dated, but can still get the job done.

Cesar from New World Publications for the Archdiocese of Chicago

Advertising Sales Executive

When I first started I never worked with Newspaper Manager, but after a few weeks I found it easy to use, helpful to manage communicating with my accounts, and keeping track of my monthly sales.

Pros

The ease to manage existing account histories, creating new account information, and the report and communications features are so helpful and easy to use!

Cons

Can't think of any. It's a really good sales tool!

Carol from Birmingham Parent

Love it, wish a few things were a little easier

It's great to have the billing and contracts all in one place. Eliminated the need for a bookkeeper in my small business!

Pros

It is very intuitive and keeps excellent notes. The reports are sensational! Many options for how to create a report, based on the info. you need.

Deana from Page One Publishing

MM Magic

It's a fabulous CRM that I cannot imagine doing buisness without!

Pros

I love that everything I do and need to do is logged! No need to write anything down. My calendar and Inbox is my go-to every day all day! All of my notes remind me of my client history and with 800+ clients its crucial. I also love the app on my phone to check details anytime anywhere.

Cons

I wish sometime I could export my calendar and print it to keep in my car on the days I am running from one meeting to another.

Matthew from Starnes Media

Perfect CRM for publishers

Keeping track of our company's goals is pretty seamless; the ability to keep up with a team of 10 salespeople in one place is something that really changed our company for the better. Prior to using the Magazine Manager, we had not found a CRM that truly addressed what we needed.

Pros

The variety of reports that are available is a big plus.

Cons

The mobile app has some limitations to it.

Milagros from Adrenaline Media, Inc

Magazine Manager great choice for your company!!!

I will highly recommended if you have to juggle several publications at the same time...!

Pros

Great integration to manage sales, production and administration all in one place! Easy access to reports that make possible and successful the execution of over 14 magazines...!

Cons

Updates take some time to understand and work properly.

Gregory from Missouri Life, Inc.

Excellent product

Very positive after one year under our belt. We look forward to getting full use as we move forward and have actual history on our client contracts, etc.

Pros

Integrates what we used to do on multiple spreadsheets and CRMS. Solves lots of communication problems and workflow.

Cons

My main dig is that there is no functionality for merging even two companies into one, let alone a global solution. Also, would like to be able to message to a sales person on a specific account with notifications.

It Works so that you can!

Pros

Ease of access to all accounts via a mobile app is critical when out of the office. The amount of data that is available to you on the first or main screen is perfect and easy to get to and read

Cons

I would like to have the ability to enter and/or adjust job orders on the mobile app. Agencys field should be contected directly to the main screen of a client so that we do not have to check each time if the agency should be the main contact.

Ray from Now Magazine

Magazine Manager Review

We use it as a CRM and billing and reporting platform.

Pros

The cost is very low compared to others and it works. Rep, my contact at MM is great. We had some problems in the beginning, but that was our fault in the way we brought data in.

Cons

The financial review is cumbersome and awkward to access

Greatly Improved our Process!

Pros

The Magazine Manager consolidated our process into one place. From client prospecting, through publication layout, to billing, it covers it all and with ease. It's so great to have everything in one application. On a side note... Customer support is the best software consultant we have ever worked with!

Cons

That's difficult. We love the mobile application but at times find ourselves wanting it to be more robust.

Yvette from TheHomeMag

Magazine manager app

Excellent source of keeping track of my clients.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes you have to do many clicks to actually find the information that you need.

Madison from PMI

Review for MM

Overall, I never feel stressed out when using MM and learning new things on the site is pretty easy.

Pros

Easy to use for most, organized well. Updates have been helpful.

Michael from Boca Life Magazine

Industry: Publishing

Magazine Manager - A great Software system for our business!

The combination of Advertising analysis, ad tracking, positions, communication and so much more makes all our employees able to accomplish a great deal with less wasted time. Great product.

Pros

Ad analysis and Sales reports.

Cons

Can't think of anything.

Halley from Marketing and Advertising

Excellent CRM System

MM is a great sales tool and very user friendly!!

Pros

User Friendly, I love you can add your customers photo. Excellent Sales Tool.

Cons

Wish I could separate my calls from the teams calls but I have access to everything which is more important.