What are The Magazine Manager users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using The Magazine Manager software through verified user reviews

• icon"Many times a day, every day, as we work in the software to serve our clients and achieve our goals, we marvel at how easy it is to do what we need and how much we love this software."
  • icon"User Friendly, I love you can add your customers photo."
  • icon"The callback feature helps me stay on top of calls with prospects and clients. Also integrates meeting with google calendar/outlook."
  • icon"Sensitive search tool ... inability to find company without expect search criteria entered (ie must type The if company is The Farm)."
  • icon"The largest complaint I can come up with is that inside of invoicing, I can only email to the contact that is selected."
  • icon"I have trouble using the daily call functions. I am sure it is just me and maybe I haven't taken the time to figure it out, but I do find that a bit difficult."

Browse all The Magazine Manager Reviews

• Have you used The Magazine Manager and would like to share your experience with others?

Amy

Amazing platform!

Pros

We are a student run college newspaper and this platform has made ad sales, publication timelines and more so seamless! The prior platform wasn't web based and very outdated. This has brought us to a new level.

Cons

To be fair, we are still learning the platform but take advantage of the webinars as often as possible.

Reasons for switching to The Magazine Manager

Web based platform, ease of accessibility, updated sales tracking

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the awesome review, Amy! We appreciate you!

Replied October 2021

Deborah

Best CRM tool out there!

My experience has been insightful, engaging, and successful. I sing your praises to other like businesses whenever I get the chance.

Pros

There are so many features and benefits to this tool I am not sure where to start. Well, let's start with the level of customer service your team provides, in terms of knowledge, timely feedback, and incredible listening skills to the point of making platform changes in real-time. The sales reps are typically knee-deep in their CRM and I appreciate the insight of fellow reps sharing input on how to evolve this tool to ensure their success. I have used at least 10 different CRMs over the course of my career and have used both MM and NM- This is by far the BEST CRM out there!

Cons

The templates are still wonky and not as flexible as I would like in terms of changing layouts and having standard information feed into each proposal, as opposed to having to fill them in each time. Too time-consuming.

Reasons for choosing The Magazine Manager

MM offers everything you will need to manage our type of business (Magazines-Accounting, Advertising, Circulation, Marketing, and Production). Funny enough the only thing you don't provide is printing and distribution.

Reasons for switching to The Magazine Manager

My boss hadn't heard of this platform. And I knew we were looking into other CRM software, so based on my past experience with MM and knowing [SENSITIVE CONTENT]( who BTW- is just fabulous) and how great the customer service was, I recommend this to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and how it could pull all the work we were doing in multiple platforms under one CRM. Simplify, ease of workflow, efficient processes, and literally an all-in-one. I am hoping more magazines will be open to jumping onboard with MM. They won't regret it.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the awesome review, Deborah! We appreciate you!

Replied July 2021

Linda

The Good, Bad & the Ugly

I find it much more difficult that my previous database to work with when it comes to cancelling converted proposals.

Pros

The positive using this software is it is easy to see Accounts payable send invoices if needed.

Cons

It is not user friendly. I find this software very difficult and cumbersome to manipulate.

Reasons for switching to The Magazine Manager

It was a companywide decision

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for your review, Linda. We appreciate your feedback about the user experience on our software. We will forward your comments to our development team to better The Magazine Manager.

Lisa

This software changed our lives at work!

Pros

Magazine Manager is specifically designed for those of us in the print and digital publishing industry and it is crucial to our sales success. It is extremely easy to learn and apply immediately. With this software, we are able to quickly and easily pull targeted email lists to generate sales, electronically invoice clients in literally minutes, take payments, and with a click of a button know what our clients' ad schedules are, what they have paid and what they owe. It is totally transparent - the reporting for a sales manager - and accounting - is outstanding. I receive as often as I wish emails listing calls by rep, meetings, sales booked, and more. The digital tearsheets are invaluable. Client portals allow customers to upload their own ads and pay electronically any time. It is so easy to create new reports. As a past Salesforce user, this is SO much easier to use and because it is made for ad sales, the company deeply understands the details of exactly what we need from this software. The support team and trainers are outstanding. There is abundant free training with your subscription and online videos available any time. And it is surprisingly affordable! Magazine Manager is a vital tool to managing our operation and achieving our advertising sales success. We switched two years ago. Many times a day, every day, as we work in the software to serve our clients and achieve our goals, we marvel at how easy it is to do what we need and how much we love this software.

Cons

There is coordination with accounting required to set this up, but the accounting team also loves the software. It is important to visualize your publishing organization and the hierarchy of products and business units in order to structure the software best for you, but once you determine that, it is easy to set it up the way you need.

Reasons for choosing The Magazine Manager

The competitor did not seem as sophisticated and robust as Magazine Manager. The competitor did not seem to have the stability and history of working in the publishing industry with hundreds of publishers - we wanted the benefit of that depth and breadth of experience that Magazine Manager brought to the table.

Reasons for switching to The Magazine Manager

We were not able to do many things in P2P - it seemed antiquated and clunky as far as client management. Accounting did not like the software. We needed something more robust and flexible.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the incredible review, Lisa! We greatly appreciate you.

Dean

Magazine Manager is a must!

During the pandemic, Magazine Manager offered six months at no charge to kick the tires on some of the new updates and modules. The tech staff are awesome to work with and have been a huge help to get the most from the Magazine Manager software. I wish this would become permanent part of the money service.

Pros

The Magazine Manager is tailored to our industry and they are always looking for ways to get more from the data so I can make informed decisions on the progress of our publications. With the CRM, billing, and production modules everyone uses the same software making it much easier for everyone to do their job.

Cons

With any software updates, the changes sometimes get confusing, and takes time to change the way you do things. Since they love making their products more valuable, the updates sometimes can be overwhelming at first.

Reasons for choosing The Magazine Manager

The software applies to our industry. They know our business.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the incredible review, Dean! We appreciate you. Please let your software consultant know if we can provide more assistance with our updates. We're always happy to help!

Versatile and Well Rounded Software

Pros

Magazine Manager is a solid well rounded product that does absolutely everything we need to publish all our products. The reporting as well as the accounting is simple and easy. Customer service is top notch. It was easy to deploy and the team at Magazine Manager is incredibly knowledgeable. Magazine Manager easily integrates to further facilitate its value. It is also easy to customize for any needs.

Cons

We found no cons only plusses from initial sale through implementation to user experience.

Reasons for switching to The Magazine Manager

We have used Magazine Manager for ten years. We left briefly when presented with another software that appeared to be shiny but we were mislead greatly and the other software never did what was promised and it was a nightmare. It never implemented in the manner in which we were sold and the features that we were promised didn't exist.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the great review! We appreciate you.

Jane

Industry: Publishing

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Magazine Manager makes my life easier

Magazine Manager has made my life so much easier for A/R.

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks. I handle all of the Invoicing and A/R. I love that invoices are created from Contracts. I used to have to enter every invoice in Quickbooks for our customers. I also love how it keeps all of the client information in one place. We used to use Excel spreadsheets that were constantly being updated and printed to many pages for review. It was not accurate.

Cons

The subscriptions. We just had someone enter three subscriptions through our website linked to Magazine Manager and I couldn't delete the two duplicates. It's also a little time consuming to have to void an invoice and change the contract for any pricing. I do understand the logic because it's a layering system.

Reasons for choosing The Magazine Manager

Pricing and contract terms. Better sales support.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the nice review, Jane! We'll send your feedback to our development team.

Bruce W.

Industry: Publishing

Magazine Manager -- The Gold Standard In Magazine Publishing Management Software

I've been involved in magazine ad sales for over 25 years. We've used several different software systems during that time, but none of them handled all the functions required by our business. MM is clearly the best magazine publishing software we've used and the first to fully integrate all the necessary components into one seamless package.

Pros

There's a relatively short learning curve, but just having all the relevant info on a client or prospect at your fingertips is what I like the most, followed by the search and filtering capabilities that make it easy to drill down into the data and analyze it in so many different ways.

Cons

A minor quibble -- sometimes we are unable to delete an advertiser or agency record.

Reasons for switching to The Magazine Manager

As with previous programs we used, Active Campaign simply didn't offer all the functions we needed in one package.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the great review, Bruce! We'll forward your feedback to the development team. We appreciate it!

Dawn

December 2021

Magazine Manager Review

It has been a great experience and people are ready to help with any questions.

Pros

When using Magazine Manager it is easy to use and to navigate through the system. If you have problems there is always someway to find help. If not online, there is chat, or make a appointment to get help.

Cons

Not being able to send multiple attachments on one email.

Reasons for switching to The Magazine Manager

Pricing and ease of use, and more functions.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the awesome review, Dawn. We appreciate you!

Replied December 2021

Sally

April 2022

Use of Magazine Manager

It helps keep track of what clients are already being called on especially when you have sales people competing in the same territory.

Pros

The ease of searching for a customer. If it's an account that I have access to I like to know the activity that has transpired in the past with a prospect and/or customer.

Cons

That I can't have access to information of other sales people's clients.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Hi Sally! Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you! Regarding your concern, the inability to access other sales reps' client information is a security setting applied by your admin, not a limitation of the software. If you would like to update that setting, please contact your software consultant, and we would be happy to help!

Replied May 2022

Gretchen

Industry: Newspapers

Perfect for a small newspaper preparing to expand

We are picking up a paper whose subscription rate had fallen, but has the potential to increase both locally and, with current media projects, nationally. So we wanted to be ready when this occurred. The training and problem solving with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and others was great. If [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] needed an expert, she immediately sent a message to that person and they were able to jump into our training or fix any oddities. Our advertising customers seem to be responding to our news system fairly well. We currently use another program to publish our interactive paper, but the idea of having the ability to create a similar product and have automatic tear sheets is encouraging as we expand. Right now the paper is run by two owners, so having this software will really help us keep workflow controlled. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our customer service advisor and trainer was beyond awesome. She was patient, familiar with the product, knew when to call in the experts for each section and made all the difference in affirming our decision to choose Newspaper Manager

Pros

We needed software that could track and invoice advertising in two different publications, yet with the same contact list. Once the agents helped us set up our letters and rate cards, it was great. When we became new owners, there were no contracts being used. Now we can create a proposal and with a touch of a button, it can become a contract and then an invoice when it is time to bill. The portal for paying with credit cards is great. It also helps us keep track of agency billing, legal ads, and the dreaded classified ad. We like that it sends transactions to Quickbooks when we are ready in order to help us keep everything moving smoothly.

Cons

We are also using the circulation feature. It is currently being upgraded. I hope the future upgrade allows us to automatically send renewal notices via email with a portal for customers to pay, however, with accurate emails, we can send a csv file of the subscription notices to Mail Chimp. We set up the Newspaper Manager software using Authorize.net, but when were setting up the circulation manager, it was discovered that Authorize.net doesn't work with adding a source code to our website for online subscriptions. That was frustrating as it took about six weeks to get Authorize.net on board. I hope that is fixed and incorporated.

Reasons for choosing The Magazine Manager

The cost was the biggest decision. The other software was impressive, but far beyond our ability to pay as a small publication.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the nice review, Gretchen! In regards to the circulation feature, we confirmed with our developers that the new subscription module will be able to accept payments from all of our gateways. We're planning to beta test this feature next year. You can also reach out to your software consultant for more information. They'll be happy to help!

Replied December 2020

Amanda

Industry: Newspapers

Learn it and you'll love it

As a multi-product publishing company we've experienced a great deal of improvement and efficiency in our day-to-day operations thanks to The Magazine Manager. Although the up-front time and effort to learn and set up the software can feel overwhelming, it's ultimately worth it--which is why we've been such loyal customers for 5+ years. Once everything on the back end of the software is up and running, you'll be glad you chose The Magazine Manager. Gone are the days of handwritten paper tickets and missing customer information. Our sales staff, accounting staff, HR and production all utilize the software on a daily basis and it's become a staple of our company.

Pros

Convenient cloud-based program which allows access to all ad sales, contacts and production notes from any computer device with internet access. It's a central hub for sales, accounts receivable, production and even Human Resources, making it a very convenient tool in your publisher's toolbox. They also have an app for smartphones--though the app is somewhat limited in only allowing data to be viewed, not changed. They've stepped up their customer service in the last year and it's been great! They also have a fantastic database of instructional videos on how to use the software - topics are wide ranging and thorough.

Cons

The software requires a great deal of training and education to use in order to reap the full benefit. This is not a software for the easily distracted or completely tech illiterate. Nor should you expect to simply "hit the ground running" once you have an account. Plan for lots of training, which they'll do for you. In fact, they generally wont allow you to begin using the software without a minimum # of hours of training -- so be prepared. They do require quite a bit of behind the scenes setup from your admin(s) as well. For example, setting up rate cards, templates and publication schedules is something you or your admin(s) will need to learn how to do and it can be a little overwhelming at first. Lastly, the circulation side of Magazine Manager falls a bit short. It's there if you need it, but it's very clunky and quite limited in scope, at least for now. Perhaps that will be changing in the future.

Barry

Industry: Publishing

Great tool for those who are willing to learn to use it.

As a publishing company, it is assumed that you have 2 basic kinds of products: Print & Digital. We have a 3rd - Shows. We just put it under print, but its short sighted that there are only those 2 basic types of products. Also - We have Co-op dealer ads that we had to come up with our own solution to figure out how to do the insertions & how to bill. This is not a new thing. There should be a simple solution for it built in. Cest la vie. Also, the process of importing our old data was clunky & not explained clearly. It was eventually done right, but sometimes it felt like the data import team & the team that sold us MM weren't on the same page. And finally - it seemed backwards to me that Accounting was the last group to be trained & it was after the sales & production teams had gone live. Nothing should have gone live until everyone was trained. Just my personal observation.

Pros

I love that you can easily keep track of all the ways you contact a client & don't have to copy & paste emails into comments. I also love the simplification of the process of getting ads in & processed. I also love that I can access it anywhere.

Cons

Because of the way we track some things, we have had to create a lot of custom reports. The reports are a little clunky in the printing process, both our custom reports & the built in reports. Its absurd to me that there's not a button (that I've found) you can click that totals the report at the bottom. The "print with totals" button that is in the built in reports includes totals from EVERYTHING. Including all other publications, instead of just the report I'm interested in. What I've ended up doing is exporting it to excell & summing it up, then printing it myself. That being said, if folks in our organization could get away from their need for printed reports, or took the time to figure out how to run reports themselves, the reporting system is fine. The other "con" of ths software is just that it is so expansive. If you take the time to learn to use it, its amazing. Some of the folks at our organization have embraced it & it is a wonderful tool for them. Others just don't want to do something different & will never be happy with change. The continual "well in the old system we could do this" gets really old after 6 months.

Sheila

Magazine Manager is the Industry's Gold Standard

There's no better software out there for the money. We all love Magazine Manager.

Pros

For our industry, Magazine Manager understands our needs and its functionality encompasses every circumstance. It's one piece of software that is as robust as we need it to be, yet user friendly enough that onboarding new employees takes a brief introduction. It is intuitive for the user. We can format all the products we sell whether they be various magazine titles/issues; event sponsorships, or special sections, they're easily set up and implemented through our sales team. Reporting for management is a click or two away to keep up with Year over Year pacing. Magazine Manager listens to the clients when there's a need to enhance their product and they update on a regular basis. Our accountant uses QuickBooks integration to handle billing through the software. That makes collections and A/R reports easy for the sales team to monitor as they are paid on collections. It's everything we need to be successful.

Cons

I believe there is a component that we do not have currently that helps with marketing to your client base to make that easier for the sales team (as in mass emails, etc.). We use work-arounds, but it could be easier.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the great review, Sheila! Mirabel's Marketing Manager is a full-suite marketing automation software and CRM. Using Mirabel's Marketing Manager, you can perform email marketing, workflows, and much more. Let us know if you're interested in learning more!

Barbara

Reliabilty

I used the word reliable because that is what Magazine Manager is! I don't even think about the software I am using, it is part of my workday...I don't give it a second thought. I know what it is to work with a company that has systems problems and that is a nightmare. All around good experience

Pros

The software is very reliable. Keeps me organized. The format is easy to read. If there is ever a problem, they are very attentive to our needs. They are continuously updating their software to stay on top of the needs of their clients. They send you notices that the update has occurred and a tutorial on how it works. They invest in their clients by offering tutorials to their users and offer seminars from an outside consultant to help improve sales goals. Overall, it is a very good system. We have work with other companies and I think this one works.

Cons

I wish there was a reminder that I put together a Proposal and didn't click it over to a Contract. I forget sometimes and would like to be notified in some way or I am not familiar with how to identify that I haven't switched it over.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the nice review, Barbara! In regards to proposals and contracts, you can use the My Proposals list on your dashboard to access proposals that haven't been converted to a contract yet. Select your name in the dropdown as the rep and choose "no" in the "proposals converted to contracts" field or search by date range. Feel free to reach out to your software consultant for help on this as well! They'd be happy to help.

Replied December 2020

Kevin

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Marketing Software That Works

Overall it has been a good experience. Changes to the invoicing and payment system have been helpful. Really looking forward to the Google integration.

Pros

With anything, there is a learning curve and it is the same with Magazine Manager. Once you have the features all figured out then things start to progress quickly. With the Client contact lists grading them is helpful so that you are getting to the Hottest clients first then working your way through the list. The mobile version is critical when out on the road.

Cons

My frustration comes when there is an agency involved with the account. The company contact comes up but then you have to remember that the agency is the one to contact and have to transfer out. Then when you capture an email to the agency to have put in the no0tes, it goes to all of the accounts that the agency is linked to and can create confusion. ie: Alex approved the Jan Issue Full Page for $6200. And the email ends up in several different accounts to Trinity Trailer, Nachurs Chemical company, and DoFine Irrigation.

Reasons for switching to The Magazine Manager

The system was outdated and we were trying to make it do things that it was not meant to. Invoicing was problematic and reports were less than helpful. You would have to weed through the report to find the information that you needed.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thank you for the kind review, Kevin! We will forward your feedback to the development team. We appreciate you!

Replied May 2021

Mary

No Solution on the Market Better than MagMan

***BE WARY*** MagHub and other competitors say they do things like or better than MagMan. But THEY DO NOT. Lots of promises made with NOTHING delivered. MagMan is the REAL DEAL. Save yourself time and money and get this software. You'll never regret it! We've been with MagMan for over 8 years and this product just get better and better and better every time I log in. It's absolutely UNDER-priced for the value of features and efficiencies!

Pros

I love the comprehensive solution that this software offers my operational needs in all my core departments, Sales, Accounting and Production. With all the integrations, my teams do their parts of their jobs in the software and MagMan. This creates transparency which improves my efficiencies all around. This software provides tools that allow me to do what I'd be doing anyway, ANOTHER way, more expensively. Their latest feature released, the ability to email digital tear sheets, just SAVED ME over $9,000 a year by not having to buy stamps, envelopes, paper, toner for my printer and pay a staff member to sit there stuffing envelopes with invoices and tear sheets. Thank you MIRABEL!!! :-)

Cons

In the spirit of full transparency, I must say that I'm surprised they haven't built in the ability to automatically apply later fees to open invoices. I still have to apply late fees account by account. But I understand this is a top priority for development in 2019! Yes, I am excited!

Keith Yarber

Magazine Manager is the "HUB" for TOPS Magazine

Overall, has been very positive. I find my rep and others at Magazine Manager to be very responsive and helpful. The Magazine Manager keeps updating its software to make it more user-friendly. TOPS is very satisfied with the Magazine Manager, and I credit them for helping our company grow. We look very professional to our clients.

Pros

The Magazine Manager is truly the centralized go-to source for our company. Our salespeople depend on it several times a day to check contacts, orders, e-signatures, accounts receivables, leads, production reports, and reminders. The features are pretty robust but not overwhelming like some software. Like any software, adoption is the key. If you need a report, chances are you can find it. I wish we had started using Magazine Manager years before we did. Support and service have been top-notch.

Cons

Would like to see a better way to make proposals and presentations roll up into monthly budgets for print and digital. Also, would like to see goal tracking on a 12 month basis.

Reasons for choosing The Magazine Manager

Reviewed all 3 companies and just felt like MM had better features and products.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Hi, Keith! Thanks for the great review! For goal tracking, please ask your software consultant about turning on the Kibana Dashboards. This feature offers many ways to track goals. In regards to the proposals, when you contact your software consultant, ask about ways to group proposals. They'll help you find the solution that fits best to your needs.

Kim

Industry: Publishing

Great CRM system for magazine and digital website publishers

Pros

Very useful in sales for CRM and for inventory management of digital ad inventory.

Cons

Email marketing for sales could be improved so that sales can manage their own monthly email sends to clients based on a product category. Training is nice but could be more consistent. I wish we could have links to each ad creative within the line item of each placement to refer to. My previous software has this.

Reasons for switching to The Magazine Manager

We were acquired and switched ownership so we all had to learn the new Magazine Manager platform. It was very easy to transition though.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the kind review, Kim! In regards to the email marketing, reps can add their own Mailchimp API key to track individual opens, bounces, and clicks. Even if your site is set up without the Mailchimp integration, you can send email campaigns as an individual rep. Depending on your support plan, users get between 4 to 12 hours of free training annually. Our help site also has hundreds of videos and courses specific to job functions. Lastly, in regards to the links to individual ad creatives, there's a link to the job jacket on the order screen. The green arrow next to each ad line item will take you into the job jacket. If you need more information, your software consultant is always happy to assist you. We hope this helps!

Felicia

Being a Small Business Owner Using The Magazine Manager

Overall, I've found the support team at The Magazine Manager to be helpful. I think the search functions within the program are easy to use. And the variety of tasks The Magazine Manager can be helpful with have been proven to be beneficial as a small business owner to running our publication business.

Pros

One of the things that is helpful about The Magazine Manager is the comprehensive ability to keep customer and client records and to invoice people directly through the program. On a daily basis, I utilize the search functions and functionality. Through Magazine Manager, I find it helpful to use functions such as sales reports, the A/R Aging Summary, and other features. I also find it helpful to be able to have multiple members of our team adding information to client records and to keep up to date with communicating with our clients through the database.

Cons

It took me some time to get up to speed with how to use the various functions and to become more familiar with the program. So I was definitely on the learning curve. The more I've used the software, the more comfortable I've become. On another note, if we have staff changeovers, the only time we can take someone off the program is before or on the first of the month. The per user fee is not prorated if someone leaves the team mid-month.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the incredible review, Felicia! We appreciate you so much.

Ivy

Magazine publisher's review of Mag Man

Pros

Transitioning our legacy CRM to MagMan was incredibly easier and more streamlined than I expected it to be. Capturing key data and ensuring accuracy was critical and MagMan excelled. In addition, elements of the software have improved on the speed of many of our processes, such as e-signature for contracts, artwork reminders and e-invoicing with digital tearsheets. We have saved a ton of time and money with MagMan.

Cons

Some of the reports are still a bit clunky, for example pulling an expiring report over a specific date range versus by product/issue. But MagMan is very receptive to software improvements.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the kind review, Ivy! In regards to reports, you can run the contract expirations report and search by month or by product and issue. This report is found under Reports then Sales then Contract Expirations. You can also use Advanced Search.

Replied February 2021

Industry: Publishing

We came back to the best

Excellent. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has done an exemplary job keeping us informed and helping us out with one-on-one training.

Pros

We used MM for a few years, switched to another provider (price and supposed options) and then came back. What we thought we were getting from the other provider was no where close to MM. In the short time we were away, MM added many of the features that we really found important. I will never switch again. They are the dominant player in this market.

Cons

Nothing really. They are very responsive to our needs and if we aren't using something it's because we haven't taken the time to learn it.

Ad Sales Genius

Reasons for switching to The Magazine Manager

We were not getting the product and support we were expecting and promised.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the incredible review, Chris! We appreciate you.

Sunny

Very good product

I can set my own sales goals based on previous year's figures. I can compare issue-to-issue sales for any product we sell to determine who's missing and who to contact. It's super easy to total any run of product and easy to use Mirabel reports to help generate and check commission reports. Notes and call reminders for all accounts allow me to be more diligent with my customers. We've been on this product since 2014 and I'd never go back to our former method.

Pros

Ease of scheduling - I can schedule an account by the week or for a whole year at once; variety of reports that track and compare sales revenue, issue-to-issue sales. I use the export feature to show an account exactly what/when their ran ads, and what their yearly expenditure is. It's easy to check yourself and easy to fix mistakes. Less things drop through the cracks.

Cons

There's no way to select multiple orders to reschedule them in one action. Once an order has run it cannot be deleted or moved. Only some of the form fields in various parts of the software are intuitive and self-completing - scrolling slows me down! With multiple users at our location, it's easy to create duplicate accounts that are hard to delete or merge to existing accounts.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the nice review, Sunny! We appreciate your feedback on change orders and will forward it to our development team.

Replied September 2020

The best contact management CRM i have experienced!

Pros

Its easy to use and they are constantly updating and making it even better. Once you learn all the different features it saves a lot of time.

Cons

It would be great to be able to capture all email communication with clients and have them copied into notes or calls.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the nice review, Mark! In regards to the email communication, you're in luck! With email capture ID, each of your users has a unique email address that can be used to capture all communication with your clients. The email capture ID is located in the user account and must be copied into the BCC field of emails to the client. For more information, please reach out to your software consultant. You can also utilize this video tutorial on our help site: https://help.mirabeltechnologies.com/video-tutorial/email-capture-blind-copy-function. Hope this helps!

Sonya

MM Review from Cahaba Media Sales Department

Over all it is very good. I would like a faster turn-a-round when I do a ticket, but doesn't everyone want things NOW.

Pros

I do like that we have hours of free training or assistance. The ease of using the system is very logical. Logical is GREAT - in a system like this - having too many options of ways to do the same things gets confusing and MM does a good job of "less is best"! Not less quality but less options on how to do a task.

Cons

There seems to be some things we have asked for that we are told cannot be done - removing contact names if the contact name has ever been associated with a contract. I get why - but we have asked for a button to make it show inactive so we don't have it on a drop down. Also the dates stay in the publication lists and they start with the oldest so if I am adding new or adjusting a date in 2021 - I have to scroll all the way from the oldest to the newest - and do this every time - it should start over where I left off.

Reasons for choosing The Magazine Manager

Training opportunities, customer care, price and ease of use.

Response from Mirabel Technologies

Thanks for the kind review, Sonya! We appreciate you and will forward your feedback. If you'd like to discuss specifics of the software, feel free to contact your software consultant. They'll be happy to help!

Replied January 2021