All Mixmax Reviews

Mixmax User Review

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Great timesaver and reminder

My overall experience with Mixmax has been outstanding and I use it everyday.

PROS

Mixmax has many great features, but I use it most to remind me of e-mails that I need to send.

CONS

While it is great for tracking customers, I would like to see it available for those of us who do not need to track the opening of e-mails. I don't need my colleagues to know that I am checking in on whether they read their e-mails or not.

Thanks for the review. It sounds like you want to turn off email tracking. If that's correct, email tracking is a feature that can be turned off.

Replied December 2018

Tim

Internet, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2018

Absolutely fantastic, really!

PROS

I can't rave about MixMax enough. We used Yesware for years and it worked great, bu MixMax really blew it out of the water. The day-to-day features we use the most are easily adding availability to emails where customers can book in one click, scheduling reminders, and the Salesforce integration. I'd say though, what we like most, is the reporting. Being able to see activity and also see when reminders are set to bounce back so you can redistribute if you have too many is super helpful. I'd highly recommend giving a trial for a spin. I don't think you'll turn back!

CONS

Two nice-to-haves would be to be able to trigger automations on data directly from salesforce and being able to have a bit more advanced user permissioning for admins.

Simon

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Fantastic range of capabilities, terrible execution

Our growth team has been using Mixmax for about 2 years, and I've personally used it almost ever since the company was founded. But the past months, while trying out their "Rules" and "Sequences", the system has given the entire team loads of headache. Nothing really works, and some bugs that were reported months ago still haven't been resolved.

PROS

- Ability to automate standardized email-related tasks (if they would work)

CONS

- All the bugs. It just doesn't work and despite reporting bugs months ago, they still haven't been resolved. We've tried almost the entire range of features and - frankly - I love the whole concept with Mixmax. Everything we've used (or tried to use) in the software would actually be useful if it worked as intended.

Hi Simon -- Sorry for your experience with product issues. I definitely understand your frustration with functionality not working the way it should work. Please email me directly.

Replied September 2019

JP.

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Easy to integrate with Gsuite

It's been a great experience since day 1. I am particularly using the templates feature of the free version which optimizes my day like a champ. I get instant notifications when people open my emails and I can easily keep track of the lead. I highly recommend this tool!

PROS

This sales/marketing tool works like a marvel when integrated with Gsuite. The control panel is very easy to use and the free version gives you a lot of very useful features.

CONS

The way they attach attachments on emails.

Matt

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2019

The Email Swiss Army Knife

PROS

Mixmax has changed the way I do email. The enhanced compose and reminder features alone is worth the money. Overall I am a big fan of all the email options they have crammed into one low monthly price. Other services might do a couple things better but Mixmax has 3-5x more features.

CONS

With a massive feature set comes lack of quality and you can see that at times with Mixmax. But their dev team is always improving and I am impressed by their ability and quickness to fix any issues that arise.

Jorge

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Great concept just tons of bugs

PROS

I really liked how you could create a cadence for your clients. Also that you were able to create different templates. I also liked the ability to read receipts right from our inbox. I also liked how it would add attachments. It made it so you could attach more documents in your inbox and also made them "links". Meaning- if someone downloaded the PDF you could see which PDF they downloaded. Tons of value.

CONS

The only issue I had with this software was of how often it was down. It seemed like every month it had issues. This was a huge issue because all our email templates were stored in the system. After a year and half of use, I switched providers. Though I miss a lot of the functions that Mix Max had it wasn't very reliable.

Melissa

Real Estate, 1 employee

Mixmax Makes My Job Easier

I have been using Mixmax for over a year. I don't know if I would be willing to do my job without it!

PROS

I don't use all of the functionality for my role, but Templates Feature, Read Receipts, Reminders and Send Later Feature is enough for me to invest in this product. It saves me hours of work time each year and makes me look like a rock star to my clients and colleagues.

CONS

When I update my software, it occasionally kicks me out. Nothing awful that doesn't fix itself quickly.

Edward M.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Great email tracker

PROS

Easily tracking opens / clicks and scheduling emails to be sent at later dates + saving email templates for use.

CONS

Sometimes not sure of the accuracy when tracking clicks. I've had emails responded to that never showed they were opened by the receiver.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Mixmax is my bff

Beautiful dashboard and super easy to use. This gave me a whole new outlook on my email data

PROS

Very easy to use as well as learn new features.

CONS

Very minor details, but the extension was conflicting with salesforce's extension in chrome.

Thanks for the review and glad that 'Mixmax is your BFF'. If you're on the Growth plan and you're not using our workflow features, check them out - they will change your live!

Replied September 2018

Internet, 201-500 employees

Great Product!

PROS

It's super intuitive and easy to use. Helps me track meetings, emails, responses, etc. Love it!

CONS

Sometimes, it asks me to log in again and again. Something about my cookies, etc.

Leniece

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Great product! A few tweaks can make it Great

Good!

PROS

Love the ease of use and that it’s embedded in gmail

CONS

1) when sending email via Mobile you lose all MixMax features/capabilities. Really huge gap 2) unlike Calendly, the calendar function double books since it doesn’t update your availability in real time e.g. if I send availability to a client for Nov 26th and they don’t read the email until above 28th (and that time gets filled in between it shouldn’t be possible to schedule. Calendly works beautifully in this regard. If MixMax fixed this I would get rid of my calendlu account but too many scheduling kinks due to poor coding/functionality to prevent double bookings in real time. Should be integrated with calendar so when times are I long available they are deactivated. 3) need more CRM integration options. Salesforce is cool but a giant for small business owners. Look into nimble CRM startups that are popular or create your own option 4) integrate with social media so we can easily access email recipient profiles like Rapportivr

Thanks for your review! Please let us know what CRMs you would like us to integrate with. You mention Salesforce and we have an integration with Pipedrive and Copper (which are both CRMs for smaller businesses). Feel free to visit success.mixmax.com for more information on these integrations. With regards to the calendar double booking, please make sure that you have the 'prevent double' booking' feature turned on. You can find more information here: https://success.mixmax.com/article/41-prevent-double-booking If you do have this option turned on, let us know. For mobile -will pass those on to our product group.

Replied November 2018

Dylan

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Perfect sales and partner engagement tracking software

It's been great. I have used Mixmax at 3 companies now and will continue to use the software.

PROS

I love the email tracking feature that details open and clicks down to the type of device the recipient used and their location. I also use templates a lot to help automate processes.

CONS

I wish there were an easier way to log emails from Gmail Mixmax to Salesforce CRM. Right now have to bcc salesforce.

Reason for choosing Mixmax

Ease of use.

Reasons for switching to Mixmax

Familiar with Mixmax already.

Emma

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Buy this! Best platform for this I have used in 10 years!

My team would produce much less without this! Genuinely saves us time and money!

PROS

Timesaving, easy to use. Easy to train others to use and easy to share resources

CONS

Sometimes you get phantom clicks and due to timezones customer service can take a while but is always good when it comes!

Reason for choosing Mixmax

Previously used toutt and it was awful!

Fred

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Why I love Mixmax

PROS

In this busy world of nobody answering their phones, email is the best was to get your name in front of people. The problem is; we're all getting flooded with emails and if we don't reply right away it goes down further into our inbox...and forgotten. The best thing about Mixmax is their sequence feature. You send out a template email and if the recipient doesn't respond another goes out and another...as many as you want until you get a response! What a time saver this is! No more trying to remember if they responded, having to write another email and son on. And that feature is just the tip of the iceberg. So much good stuff in here...just get it!

CONS

Would love for it to integrate with my CRM (Zendesk Sell) but that's a minor thing.

Kara

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2018

I don't know what I'd do without Mixmax!

A major business problem I had before I used Mixmax was the inability to know whether my communications with clients were being received, read, acknowledged and downloaded. Mixmax helps me have a much better read on the engagement level I have with different clients, and helps me know which channel to use to progress the relationship.

PROS

Being in a sales role, it's important I see how my prospects and clients are interacting with my emails. It's useful to know whether they've opened, clicked, downloaded, and also how many times and what days/times they've opened the email. It is a proxy for how serious they are about our communications and moving forward with a sale.

CONS

Setting Mixmax reminders isn't as intuitive as I'd like, but once you figure it out, it makes sense.

Bekah

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Modernized Workflow

Have appreciated being introduced to Mixmax when it was in beta testing. My day would be tremendously longer if I did not have this service.

PROS

We use Mixmax daily to schedule meetings, and arrange the best meeting time for a group, email templates have saved us so much time, and productivity has increased, and this has helped to streamline our workflow and manage communications.

CONS

Sometimes, emails are sent to spam when using this software. At times, the service has glitches but they are worked through quickly.

Francis

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Upgrade your e mail

With MixMax I am able to be more effective and automate my e mail to increase productivity and boost sales. I strongly recommend it!