• Pros

• "very easy to use and has proper storage easy to find data spelling words are corrected as you work with this soft ware "

• "easy to use and great for a small business searching is easy tagging is great filtering function is helpful"

• "Easy to learn to use and easy to adjust to specific needs, great customer support."

• Cons

• "The ease of use could be a little better but overall it is the best software you could have if you are in sales."

• "While most of the integrations are good, I wish it integrated better with Active Campaign, which is my marketing automation platform."

• "Multi language options and the integrations are limited, but other than that no complaints. "

Browse Nutshell Reviews

Marilyn from ExpensePoint

Bang for your Buck

Great! It helps the team stay on track whether it's sales or implementation.

Pros

Reporting and filtering reports. Keeping a track record of our leads.

Cons

Have to move over to pro to get more then one sales process. Pro is so expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

Price, others had better functionality but this Nutshell had enough 2 years ago to get us going. It has really come into it's own and now has way more.

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

So complicated we weren't using any functionality

Madalynn from Fast Company NV

An Elegant Yet Powerful CRM

We are now better organized with our sales process and are more collaborative. This allows us to keep our important information in one place that is easy to use and work as a team to get things done!

Pros

I love the filtering ability with our companies and people lists. It allows us to really drill down and get the exact metrics we want. We are better able to see a lot of information at a glance in a dynamic way.

Cons

I would love more options when emailing groups of people in the system. Currently, I need to only use templates when emailing groups and I would like to be able to type out the email in one shot instead.

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

A lot of the other systems seemed overly complicated to use, we had a relatively short onboarding period to get our people trained quickly. The price point for the number of features was the best and most sustainable for our company. And we feel like we can grow with Nutshell.

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

We realized we did not need a ticketing software but something more like a CRM, in looking over a lot of options this was the best price point and the best fit for what we needed.

Greg from Launch Cart

Nutshell VS Act

Pros

I was an ACT user for 10+ years and when they went to an cloud solution the product because so slow and crappy I had to make a switch. Testes and used many programs and landed on Nutshell. Great product & great support!

Cons

The process of a lead and a person a little confusing at 1st.

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

Act became to slow when it moved to the cloud

Prescott from 300 Below, Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

leads don't allow you to easily sell services, only products. After sale service is hindered.

We get a cost effective CRM that frees up cash flow for use elsewhere in our business.

Pros

Nutshell offers a unique ability to tag people in activities and run reports on calling activities for my sales reps.

Cons

Every lead typically has a company or contact. But if you don't save the activity in the lead, and instead under the company or individual contact, you can't see it when your client calls in regarding the sale they want service for, so your customer service is hindered and your sales people look like they don't know the history of the account. It's embarrassing to use this software because Nutshell says they are only helping to land the sale, not support it, but this mindset about how they build their software results in a horrible disconnect with regards to how we are forced to serve our customers, and thus we are using a CRM that doesn't support the full life cycle of a sale. We keep hoping Nutshell will fix this and improve because their customer service is great, and their people mean well, but after several years of patiently waiting, we are concerned that we may never see this problem fixed. The mobile app also has so many glitches with the UX that it can't even compare the experience to how you can use leads in a web browser. Further, when we have a customer call in to ask about their account, the recent leads puts the oldest first in the list, which means we have to scroll through several hundred orders just to open the last order we did for that client. If you are trying to sell to a major corporate account with multiple facilities / departments, forget it with Nutshell; linking subcompanies / vendors / partners / other locations is a nightmare in Nutshell.

Jean-Marie from Eusoh, Inc

Perfect solution for startups

Everything was really great. From the sales, through deployment, and ongoing support.

Pros

Ease of use, easy integration, great customer support, easy to learn and solid documentation, and many more.

Cons

Some features need improvement or expansion but our rep told us all the ones we asked about are already in their production queue.

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

We reviewed all the major CRM solutions on the market. Nutshell simply fitted our needs the best and was easiest to deploy, migrate to, and mantain.

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

Needed something more flexible and adapted to our needs and environment. As a startup, we can't afford to have someone sit on top of our CRM the entire time.

Tiffany from Fahrenheit Advisors

Pleased with Nutshell

The support team is knowledgeable, responsive, cares about your issues and has proactive training available for users.

Pros

visually organized and logical data entry screen. Functionality is there to build as robust or simple as the company needs/wants.

Cons

It is very easy to self-build an inefficient architecture. Data uploads can be catastrophic if not done correctly. I think more training on set up, warnings issued at set up and common pitfalls at set up would avoid harmful bulk uploads making irreversible upload mistakes.

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

not sure. wasn't here at the time.

Shayne from Longboard Products

Good, but could use improvement

I'd say my experience overall is good. I like how simple it is to create things. They all link together smoothly. My experience with other CRM programs is that they over complicate things with too many layers. Nutshell just keeps it simple and give me what I need. It could use a few more ways of spitting out information, but as far as keeping all my information in one spot it's quite good at it. I would suggest the product for a company that needs a CRM for information tracking. I think when it comes to an organization that needs a deeper data dig, Nutshell will not be the solution for them.

Pros

It's easy to use and task tracking is simple. It helps me understand at a glance what I need to accomplish in a day. Entering data is quick, and this part of the program is quite intuitive. Customer support is really good. You're speaking with a human instead of a robot.

Cons

Reporting is quite lacking. Trying to understand data trends in some cases requires the creation of multiple reports instead of compiling it into one. It often times asks about duplicates. I'm not sure how it recognizes them, but they're often not similar at all. Understanding interactions between an account is quite tiresome. It tracks all of the data into one place and requires some digging to determine what is relevant to the lead, contact, or company. It's all in the same place instead of into multiple swim lanes. It some times feels like you're asking it for information regarding one thing and it dumps every single interaction that may or may not include that lead/account/contact.

Laurel from Quarry View Building Group

Helpful Software

Pros

It is incredibly helpful to have so many features within one program. Nutshell is helpful to almost everyone on our team! With a quick search, the team can find contact information and see where the conversation left off. I love that there is a PandaDoc extension to help send documents in an organized & prompt manner! Reports are easy to generate and there are so many resources to help answer your questions. The provided training videos are clear & give good direction. Customer service representatives are knowledgable, kind, and personable.

Cons

Duplicates are easy to create, however the software makes up for this by creating an alert and suggesting that the information may already be in the system.

Lou from Unity Surveillance & Investigations, LLC

Industry: Security and Investigations

From a Beginners Perspective

While with another company, I used SalesForce exclusively. I have to say in the short time using Nutshell, I like it better. It is just easier to use. I have called to talk to support and they have been beyond wonderful. They take the time to listen and work with you to solve the issue. I tried the training videos, the live training and the live chats and although somewhat helpful, I prefer working with the support people. I have been using Nutshell for 6 weeks and hope to learn more about it's reporting capabilities.

Pros

Very easy to navigate right from the start. Easy to enter information and keep track of it. I also like the phone app feature although with this pandemic, have not been able to use it as much as I will when things open up.

Cons

So far, I do not like the duplicate feature. For instance, a duplicate shows for David Perine, the name it is asking if it's a duplicate is Brian David from a totally different company. And I can't tell you why it chose Brian David and not all of the David's in my contacts. Come on, you need to tighten up that feature up.

I changed companies.

Jordan from Mark's Commercial

Industry: Textiles

A good CRM

Pros

I am part of a pilot project for Nutshell within our organization and i have found it to help with my organization and task management. From what i have seen, a simple, easy to use CRM. One of my favorite parts of this system is how easily editable everything is. Seems simple, but being able to adjust notes and basic information on the home screen makes things very simple.

Cons

I have only been working with it for about a month, but from what i can see it is a bit cumbersome when trying to manage multiple sales cycles within the same customer. Either i haven't figured out the best way to use it, or some development on this is needed.

Mark from Teamability.com and The Gabriel Institute

I've used CRM software on Mac, PC, & midrange IBM systems. Nutshell is at the top of the heap.

It's CRM that actually is liked and used!

Pros

Easy and flexible setup; consistently clear design. Can use basic functions without tripping over the advanced ones, and can gradually add feature/function for a smooth transition from beginner to power user. I also like the way you have color-keyed the function buttons to the main color on functional screens. A nice visual orientation cue!

Cons

I worked full-time in the design profession for 17 years, so this is a 'studied' critique: There is a lot of market pressure for tech products to follow design trends. Unfortunately, design trends often are based on designers designing for other designers -- which tends to leave certain kinds of user needs out in the cold. One of the most common of these 'orphaned' needs is the need for contrast and clarity. Nutshell's UI gets high marks in my book for uncluttered design and common-sense functionality. But as people get older, it gradually becomes harder to distinguish low-contrast elements in a design. Contrast (and color, of course) also can be used (and is used to a degree in Nutshell) to 'lead the eye to where the action is. ' My suggestions for improving the main user screen are these: 1) Search Everything is, by definition, a key feature -- it should have a STRONG presence, instead of looking almost greyed-out. 2) Use bolder and slightly larger text throughout. To a degree, weight and size will compensate for lack of contrast -- and without cluttering the layout.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Hi Mark! Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We appreciate the positive review and will pass along the feedback to our design team. Thanks for being part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Eugene from Dyacon

Good starter CRM

Consolidated location for prospects and communication history.

Pros

We explored a number of CRM solutions and initially selected Insightly after trying to get Tiger CRM working. Insightly functionality was too limiting and consequently was not being used. Our second round of trials lead us to Nutshell, which we have been using for about two years. We found Nutshell to be reasonably robust and easy to use. We have been using it for about two years now. We have about 30,000 contacts and 11,000 companies.

Cons

We are now running into some functional issues which we have to address with addons, including Mailjet for email campaigns and Zapier for data transfer. The lack of a quoting interface, manual address entry into Quickbooks, lack of phone integration, and incomplete email integration. With the exception of QB integration, the other functions can be addressed with more addons. By the time we get done adding on the functional holes, the price becomes quite high. The reliance on addons also means that the system becomes unwieldy; a different system, management interface, and subscription for each function. At this time, I don't think there is a good solution for QB integration at all. This may not be significant since QB for Manufacturing is below our needs anyway. Our next step may be to use PostBooks, Xtuple, or some other MRP system that includes CRM. But, those also carry their own management burdens and costs. Nutshell does have a reasonable email interface to send correspondence through our IMAP server, but the markup tags are cumbersome, are error prone, has no CC or BCC field, and the reply emails don't populate under the Nutshell customer(s). Consequently, only half of the conversation is visible. Of all of the above, this is the most significant limitation at this point.

Sebastian from Body Armor Outlet, LLC

Nutshell is overall a great CRM that incorporates good features and provides great customer service

Pros

I appreciate the constant updates. Nutshell has some ways to come, so it is nice seeing changes be made. Customer service is always on spot and very friendly. Nutshell support page is great for new employees, referring them straight to there for advice. The adaptability & usability of the interface is very user friendly.

Cons

I have been using this software since October of 2014. So far, I think what needs to be implemented on the "Admin/SetUp side" is making sure Products, Reasons why Leads Close, the Sales Process Competitors, and so much more need to be added from the start with Nutshell and the business buying the service. The reason being is because over the last two years, slowly things have been added/removed/changed. So now we have 2 years worth of jumbled data IMO. Going through a thousand leads that only a handful of them have tags on to find out why something was closed via notes or what product was sold is a little silly. I think the setup process should include this for the end user (being our company). Mind you, I was not the one to set up the account with Nutshell so I am unsure if this is something offered, but It helps a lot when running reports on products, etc.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Hey Sebastian! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I hear you on the changes over the last couple of years. I will talk to our dev team about the requests you mention below on the Company. We appreciate you being a part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Mike from The Gravity Cartel

Nutshell was provided to me my boss to help track and organize sales calls.

Pros

I like that it holds all the information for my accounts and that I can set reminders for phone calls.

Cons

I wish everything on the lead for a shop page showed up on the store page, i'm always having to flip from page to page to get a name and it seems redundant and time consuming to re input that information everytime I start a new lead when I just put it on the store page. Same with logged activities, I often have an activity on an account and then I have to put one on the lead I wish the activity showed up on both. For my use all calls are for the same purpose and it doesn't make sense to have two places to put independent activities. This creates a sense of Deja Vu or worse I call someone a second time and don't realize until they pick up which hurts my cause. I don't like that I have to assign a time to a phone call, my days are hectic and I can't keep to a strict schedule so things slip into unlogged activities and go missed and my day seems way more hectic than it is. I wish it was just a daily list so I could let my day evolve, I also do CS and warranty at my job so this time stamp constantly makes me feel behind the gun and I spend a lot of time just updated and re-organizing nutshell, time that I should be spending selling.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Hi Mike, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback- I sense your frustration and perhaps there is something that one of our customer service reps can help you with as far as logging leads, activities etc. I will have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you for being a part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Robert from Transpara

Good for most; Doesn't seem to handle recurring/subscription revenue well

Better tracking of our forecast and contacts.

Pros

UI is getting much better in general, and the software has always been quite reliable (rarely down or broken).

Cons

1. Can't duplicate leads (we have customers that renew annually - I have to create new leads with all of the information each time) 2. Can't type an actual date in (must pick it) - every time I create a new lead for an annual subscription in the future, I have to click 12 times to get to the right month. Doing this for 20-30 leads makes my hand want to fall off 3. Hard to add future subscription leads - if we sell a monthly subscription for our product, we have to manually create 12 leads each year. Very time-consuming. 4. Editing contacts should be possible in-line. You can add emails/phone, but changing title and other items require you to leave the lead and go to the full contact form. 5. I preferred the older 'create lead' form which was the full page. The new one is less productive because you have to fill it out, then go the full page version and finish all of the items that were missing in the pop-up version. 6. Pro version cost. We don't need anything from Pro except the funnel report for only one user. To get that it would require all users going pro and increasing our cost by 4x which isn't possible.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the feedback Robert. We've had a few customers, like you, ask about the possibility of splitting users between the Standard and Pro versions. It's something we are seriously looking into and will be asking more of our customers if this is important to them. Frank

Vince from 2Tac Corporation

Over all it has been great to use, have had some issues with freezing when switching from Dashboard

Pros

Easy to set appointments and track who I have talked with and what we talked about and set follow up calls/appointments. The reports are a good tool for staying on track with my efforts/results. I've only had one experience with customer support but when I did they responded very quickly and had me back working in a very reasonable amount of time.

Cons

For what I use the software for there really are not any cons. I am an end user so I primarily use it for setting/following up/tracking my daily calls and contacts. I guess on the computer side the only negative I would say is the search engine is very fickle, sometimes you can put in specific words and you get some crazy thing that has nothing to do with the company or person your looking for and then you can misspell what your looking for and get exactly what you want. I will say that the app for my HTC phone is somewhat lacking. I can set appointments just fine and log calls/emails but the searching for a certain person or company is very very limited

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Hi Vince, We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. The search function is on our list to investigate and we are definitely working on the mobile app. Thanks for being a part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Rob from SIL International

Generally good, but with some really messy issues

Pros

We love process management with Nutshell. It helps with our initial sales/setup process, and is very customizable. Nutshell is also fairly logical in its approach to content and is visually appealing.

Cons

We find it is a little too oriented towards "pure" sales teams (we have mixed teams with product, customer service, sales, etc all done by the same groups of people). Mostly, though, we find there are really small but highly irritating bugs or issues. For example, If I start typing a reply to a message that shows up in Nutshell and then click to show more details on the original message, my reply disappears. Another example is that we also see some messiness in how to-dos are handled they show up in my list to-do list even though the step isn't active, or they persist after the lead is closed. Email notifications are spotty or not ideally timed. I provided feedback on this some time ago, but I don't think correcting that is particularly high on the improvements list. A third example is that we work with a number of businesses that have different regional units Nutshell has no support for this, so it is hard to keep our companies list clean. We have lots of duplicate companies.

Trevor from Flotech Pump

Industry: Facilities Services

The best CRM I have ever used!

It allows me to easily keep track of everything. What sales I am working on. What customers I need to contact. And everything is conveniently located to work with ease. In the two months of implimentation already seen a growth in sales and productivity. Including our first ever RFQ from our website.

Pros

Ease of use, backed up by powerful tools. Tracks your calls and even can be set to remind you to contact customers that you haven't talked to in a while. Favorite part is the Keep in touch. It plans my day and my call backs flawlessly.

Cons

I would like to see a visual overlay of all my customers on a map. That way when I am planning a trip I don't miss any customers that are off the main roads. Will give me a visual to help plan. Or some way to plan a road trip and Nutshell will show me all the customers I should contact on the way and plan route. Which can be transferred over to gps software like enroute.

Response from Nutshell

Replied July 2017

Hey Trevor! Thanks for the positive feedback. The best part is the growth in sales and productivity you've seen since your implementation. Congratulations! Amanda

John from INTELESOFT FINANCIALS

A Full Featured Sales CRM

Our sales staff was apprehensive at first as there were lots of bells & whistles and a little worn out with the previous jumps from one CRM to the other. But within two weeks everyone fell in love with Nutshell and completely on board significantly contributing to an increased close ratio.

Pros

This CRM walks the less experienced sales rep through the entire sales process even recommending when to follow up even suggesting additional steps should be taken to get to the close. Upon close it automatically updates the customer database and the task management features facilitate the onboarding process. It also has a neat "Click-to-Call" feature that calls and optionally records directly from your prospect list providing an excellent sales training vehicle.

Cons

We would like to have seen the developers respond more quickly to feature suggestions but as a Sales CRM it is untouchable.

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

Not one of the five candidates had the flow and control over the sales process that Nutshell provided.

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

We actually subscribed to five CRMs over a six month period putting a lot of stress on the staff until we finally hit the jackpot with Nutshell.

Joshua from GreenPoint Global

Look forward daily toward using nutshell, since I've been able to make it work for me successfully!

many successful placements!

Pros

First and foremost, nutshell has a #1 Customer Service Team! This, in my opinion, is the sole driving force toward effective sales on the part of its users, regardless of the platform/system being used. Then I would add a few other benefits; 1. lead page shows important info all at one glance, 2. availability to search everything (albeit, excluding info logged in the activities section by each individual user), 3. fast input of info when saving info, and many other specific features you've built into the nutshell system.

Cons

why not build an automatic clock, showing the time the caller is calling into lead location, maybe next to a number lead. additionally, you would raise the value of your product substantially if you were to build a functionality that allowed a search of the words in the activities (message) section of your lead page. this would allow users an ability to quickly zero in on valuable leads based on previous messages noted. just think when users leave or when their leads are reassigned to different users, how valuable a tool that would be to follow up on hot leads that need to be brought to a close.

Bill from International Thought Leader Network

Great Feature-set Without Complexity

I run a global consulting practice with hundreds of corporate clients and thousands of individual relationships that I manage. Nutshell lets me manage it all. It's my dashboard for everything in my company. It's entry-level rate is worth every penny.

Pros

I've used Nutshell for three separate businesses that I've run or owned. Each one considered a small to medium-sized business. Nutshell is perfectly suited to us because it's lightweight and easy to learn. It doesn't require an in-house expert on the app (like SalesForce). It's basic feature-set is all I've ever needed, and the support is terrific. Real people at the end of the phone, with fast responses. And, it's made in Michigan! It has a lot of simple customizations that I use; workflow, custom fields, leads, etc.

Cons

Integrations are somewhat limited, but still, plenty to work with. I'd like an integration to RingCentral's app. Also, it doesn't' handle subsidiary company relationships well. I've had to create a workaround with tags to help connect them.

Daniel from Sports Interiors

User friendly product that has helped our company grow and transcend our industry.

Nutshell allows a very small company like ours to manage all of our leads and clients in a manner that would be quite challenging without the software. We are a very unique business in a niche industry and Nutshell adapts very well to our needs.

Pros

It is pretty easy to get up to speed with the software which has been a nice feature for our organization as we've had multiple people needing to use Nutshell...the reporting and tags have been really helpful..I run a lot of custom reports and using the tag feature on a daily basis.

Cons

It has been challenging to be able to connect with support staff about a technical issue. About a year ago, I really enjoyed being able to message with support staff if I had a question..now it seems like I have to wait a day or two for an automated email reply with some links to some possibly related topics of interest.. my questions can be fairly technical and multi-faceted where either use of messaging or simply talking to another human would be more beneficial.

Brian from The Inovo Group

Like the simplicity. Most improvements recently have added complexity but little benefit for us.

Pros

Ease of use for a small business with a few people doing sales work. We didn't need all of the bells and whistles of Salesforce at the cost of complexity. As of a few years ago, you had plugged most of the holes that we cared about. Since then, new functionality or major new rewrites have either added complexity or relearning with little apparent benefit. I understand the need to do some of this but I hope you don't become Salesforce.

Cons

The LinkedIn connection is really important for us. It was a big relief when that came back. Also, the loss of historical record of communication for a Contact when you delete an old email is problematic. We are forced to retain all of these old emails and this can create confusion.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Hey Brian, Thank you so much for your feedback. We have no intention of becoming Salesforce and take your feedback very seriously. Our goal is ease of use for SMB's. We hope you will be able to quickly benefit from our changes and improvements. Amanda

Tyler from WebpageFX, Inc.

Great software! New dashboard layout a few months ago has led to some issues

Pros

Cost, Flexibility, API, Reports. Customer service has been responsive, but most of the time its "wait and try again in a while"

Cons

we use the dashboard heavily as a team, and the new homescreen layout has made things a little more difficult. We still have issues where items will not "check off" from time to time, or duplicate to-dos from the same process appear. This has decreased since the new layout launched, and I was in contact daily with a customer service rep at that point. The biggest ongoing issue is that the "to-do" items for leads are now harder to get to. You have to select to-do specifically because it defaults to Activities, and then for it to be useful for us, we need to select "only steps with due times" to avoid having cancelled leads etc. show up. I also re-arrange the panes every morning so that the to-do is the majority of the screen. I'd prefer being able to select a permanent layout instead of re-doing it every day.

July 2016

James from JP Miller & Sons Services, Inc.

July 2016

I'd like my Nutshell on a silver platter.

Have been using Nutshell over the past 2 years and looking forward to many more. Have been through some growing pains with updates, but the bugs eventually get fixed. The Support team is awesome and are always helpful and very responsive. Nutshell has taken place of my company communication which has replaced email and texting.

Pros

Love the integration with 3rd party programs like mail chimp and any other automation systems.

Cons

iOS app needs some more tweaking with being able to have the little blue bubble on activities when viewing activities from the activity menu or when viewing activities on the account info page. You only get the blue bubble if you go to the customer timeline and find the activity, or from the notifications menu. The blue bubble for conversations on activities should be available everywhere you can access an activity.

Matthew from SafetySync

Nutshell has been a necessity for our business.

Organization across sales, support, and billing.

Pros

The Dashboard is amazing for keeping up to date on the happenings in Sales. I also really appreciate the Wallboard(summary of sales that month) as we google cast it to your TV in our kitchen. The sales process functionality ensures all leads go through a standard sales process. Really good stuff. We're really glad to have supported Nutshell all these years.

Cons

SaaS support. I'm still not able to find CRM software that is geared towards SaaS companies. Seeing as Nutshell is a SaaS company I'm surprised they haven't added support for this yet. Once a lead is marked as one, you can't have steps in the sales process (mail a welcome package, follow-up after 2 weeks, 1 month, ask for an online review ;P) You have to manually create these tasks. Instead we've had to utilize Zapier to add a task to Asana for this. I wish we could do it all in Nutshell.

Great, user-friendly CRM tool for small businesses

Overall Nutshell has really helped us with our initial sales/setup processes and is very user-friendly while still being customizable. The customer service support is top notch and it has helped us have a smaller learning curve implementing software into the company.

Pros

Nutshell is super user-friendly and easy to use. The interface is well designed and not cluttered with a bunch of different icons/links. It's cloud based and can be used anywhere on various devices (computers, tablets, phones, etc). It can sync with Gmail, Outlook, etc. Set up was done very quickly and mostly in one day. It also integrates with our email marketing software, MailChimp. There are a ton of features like contact management, task management, forecasting/reporting modules, etc. We have just begun to scratch the surface of this software! Customer support is great and I appreciate that you can contact them via phone, email and chat whereas some companies limit you to only 1 or 2 of those options. It's also great because you can do a month to month payment plan and you don't have to sign any contracts. This is perfect for small businesses just starting out that don't want to commit to new software.

Cons

One thing that annoys me is having to set a time for a phone call as my days aren't that predictable. When I don't make the call by that time, it will go into unlogged activities which can feel stressful/hectic. A couple times I have dealt with freezing inside the program but this isn't frequent. Also, it's easy to get caught up in keeping yourself organized and spending too much time. But I have found that to be the case with other CRM softwares.

Michelle from Statewide Aquastore, Inc.

I set everything up, make any adjustments, and train our end users

Easy to track our contacts and sales leads. Great tool for management.

Pros

I really like the ease of use. It's very simplistic but a lot can be done with it. The program is pretty user friendly. Each user is able to customize their own views. Also, the customer service has been great. Not only are they quick to respond, but it's nice to know they take their users' suggestions and implement them if they are an improvement to the product.

Cons

Probably my one complaint would be that if you choose 'phone number' as one of your columns to display, it chooses the first number under that profile which could be a fax number or mobile number and then the display simply shows up as 'phone number'. It would be nice to be able to choose to show the different kinds of phone numbers.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your comments. We do take our customers' feedback very seriously - as we are here to help you all! To address the phone number issue you mentioned; you are able to appoint which phone number is displayed in the list view. If there are multiple numbers associated with the contact, simply star the one you wish to be the default. If you have trouble with this, please contact our support team who will be happy to help you! Best, Asya

Mitch from Bloomerang

Nutshell - More Good than Bad

Used Nutshell for 2 years .. .... ..... ... .managing daily sales processes and contacts.

Pros

Keep track of daily follow ups - and record entire history with contacts. Basic CRM stuff it does well.

Cons

1. Where did the Gmail Gadget go? This was the best feature and now it's gone. :( 2. The relationship between the Lead and the Customer can be confusing... 3. Reporting for specific items can be challenging as well.

Response from Nutshell

Replied July 2016

Mitch, Thanks for the review! We've been working directly with Google to get the Gmail Gadget back online. Unfortunately, this was an issue on their end and completely out of our hands ¿ it affected a good number of other products, as well. As of today, the gadget is back online. You can read a few more details at: http://status.nutshell.com/incidents/3l9j5sdbjplx Thanks so much for using Nutshell. We've got some exciting improvements to reporting under development. Can't wait to show them off! Best, Andy Fowler

Bethany from Read Side By Side

This software is easy to use. I love that I can track every client from computer or phone.

Pros

This software is easy to use! I didn't have any clue what "CRM" was, and many of the programs I was looking at required a business background to decode the user manual. Nutshell was intuitive. Knowing how to use my I-Phone and Facebook seemed to be the only background I needed to get started! I have all my clients in Nutshell now. I track what they buy, what classes they take through our company, and what they are likely to buy next. I send e-mails to clients every time they order that are customized to tell them what to buy next. All of this was easy to set up through the Nutshell software!

Cons

The only thing I would consider adding to Nutshell is a place to list what they purchased and a place to list what training they have received (other than in notes).

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Bethany, I'm so glad to hear that you've had such a wonderful experience with Nutshell. Our team works very hard to create an enjoyable and intuitive software experience. Best, Asya

Roger from Allied Sales LLC

Industry: Wholesale

Have used Contact Managers in my sales since Act for Dos. This works for me but I need to dig in

Helps me to keep pertinent info on my contacts. I know there are more that I can do with the software but so far I don't

Pros

Mobile app so I have my contact info with me. I have only been using as a simple contact database manager and I know it can do so much more. I need to spend time making sure I understand and use it to the full potential within my needs!

Cons

Had issue with dialing out that took quite a while to fix (when I hit dial on my mobile phone it would add a bunch of numbers which did not let it dial). I spoke to customer care about this and it took a little time and effort to get them to understand and then I would say it took a few months before someone fixes the bug. Another issue is that on the mobile device the contacts are alphabetized automatically but on the desktop version this does not happen? Have mentioned to customer care but no response. Cannot add more than 30 company types? I use this field to help categorize my contacts. Why just 30?

Alice from SustainAbility Inc.

We have used Nutshell to keep track of our contacts & leads since around 2013

Pros

- Straightforward interface; easy to train new people - The ability to import emails via "bcc@nutshell.com" to keep track of conversations and relationships across many offices - Easy to bulk upload or update contacts or companies with tags - Thoughtful reports - Generally responsive customer support team - The 'merge duplicates' feature is very helpful

Cons

- We have leads open in 2+ currencies and for a while now, the reports have not been converting the amounts into one estimated total in a single currency correctly -- therefore, instead of using the (nice!) built in reports, I am still having to export all the data and do the conversion myself and create the reports again in Excel. If this bug were fixed we would definitely use the reporting feature more often!

Bobby from Kane Landscapes, Inc.

Nutshell helps me get more work done is less time. I wish the mobile apps were more functional.

Nutshell helps me get more done in less time, plain and simple. Our business is centered around new sales and taking care of those clients we already have. Nutshell helps simplify our communication while also assisting us in making that communication more timely.

Pros

The ability to automate tasks is pretty spectacular. I also very much appreciate the ability to make a call directly from the mobile app, log it, and make a note about what was discussed.

Cons

Besides the ability to make phone calls and log them directly from the mobile app, I am very unhappy with it. I spend about half my time on the app and half my time on the website, and the ability to log tasks generated in my leads really needs to be in the mobile app for Nutshell to make a significant difference for me. I would also like the ability to tag people in task notes in addition to the current ability to tag people in general notes.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Hi Bobby, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are doing a large development effort on the mobile app and hope that it meets your needs in the next couple of months. Happy to hear Nutshell makes you get more done in less time, that's our goal! Amanda

Katie from EPI Team

Good product for small businesses

Easy to set up, great monitoring tool, second party Zapier makes automations feasible and employees able to grasp concepts quickly.

Pros

I like the automation, filtering functionality and ease of getting in touch with customer service. Their chat function is great for answering questions.

Cons

The issue I have most about this software is the email filtering when it comes to leads. I could have multiple projects with the same client, but all of his/her emails show up under the lead. I wish these emails filtered out depending on the conversation.

Simple and price

Phil from SCS

Easy, Flexible, Customizable and Inexpensive!

We previously used a locally-installed, server-based CRM (Goldmine), which was very functional but completely not portable. Migrating to Nutshell allows for easy remote access from anywhere an Internet connection can be found. And in this day in age, that's of the utmost importance. We also used to keep a bunch of Excel spreadsheets for sales tracking, pipeline management, and customer details, all of which have now been replaced by Nutshell's standard functionality.

Pros

Easy migration from old CRM via CSV import. Activity management and to do lists keep users organized and on task. Integrated lead tracking and metrics help guide sales reps through the sales process. Ability to link with Google Suite is a definite plus.

Cons

I would love to see Nutshell offer integrations to more third-party apps. For instance, we use Reply.io for e-mail campaigns and there is no direct connection to Nutshell. It's not a huge deal, but would be even better if Nutshell and Reply.io worked together.

Dave from Q3 Interactive

Industry: Medical Devices

Lower cost alternative to other CRM programs

Time and cost savings. Low cost way to manage my customer base info.

Pros

Ease of use. Searching is speedy and the interface is well thought out. There's a lot of customization available and marketing to my customers is easy with templates.

Cons

Lack of integration to pull in address data. It would be helpful to me if it could integrate with Linked IN and find and pull in address, email, phone and other data for prospective customers instead of requiring me to copy/paste or type in the data.

Response from Nutshell

Replied July 2017

Hi Dave, Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate you sharing your pro's and con's. I understand your desire to integrate with LinkedIn. We did at one time, but that ability has been removed. We are constantly trying to figure out better ways to pull in information. Thanks for being part of the Nutshell family. Amanda

Steven from Bloomerang

Fantastic small/medium-sized-biz CRM

New sales people are able to jump right in with minimal training. Workflows are customizable, and tracking prospect information is a breeze.

Pros

Nutshell has been great for our software firm as it grew from a startup to a mid-market company. Nutshell is very similar to us in age, culture, feature philosophy, etc. so I always enjoy interacting with the team. The Support (via chat and email) is excellent and they are always willing to hear new feature ideas and requests. The affordability makes it a great first CRM for new and small businesses.

Cons

Importing can sometimes result in a lot of duplicate leads, so data cleanliness becomes a bit of an issue as you grow. Reporting has some room to grow but it's not too bad right now.

Meredith from Levine & Co. Real Estate Brokerage LLC

We have used Nutshell with great success. It's a fantastic, user-friendly CRM.

Nutshell has been instrumental in growing the business from a start-up to a team of 8 in 18 months. Nutshell's flexibility, reasonable cost, and customizable sales processes all contributed to our growth. I'd even go so far as to say this CRM shaped the way we do business and think about sales.

Pros

Nutshell has everything that's really necessary without requiring a lot of time-stinking busywork. It works well for one person, semi-independent collaboration, and for teams. Also has great integrations, but probably its best feature is its flexibility.

Cons

I wish we did not have to visit setup to create a new product and then go back to the lead to add it. All our leads require products and all the products are one of a kind, so it's the only hiccup in an otherwise completely smooth process.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Meredith, Wow, we are so happy to have helped you along the way! Thank you for being a Nutshell customer, we are excited to continue growing with you! Best, Asya

Michael from Customer Direct

Overall happy with product - minor improvements with interface would be nice.

Pros

Overall ease of use - simple workflows for creating historical trail of communication. Easily create categories and tags to filter contacts / companies. Flexibility of custom workflow

Cons

Floating windows that hover over content (contact info pops up when viewing company information - can be confusing what you are looking at - company info or contact info Duplicity in creating Leads. (Assign people / name of lead / company). Duplicity in having to "select" logged activity - when in fact you have previously logged an activity

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Hi Michael, We are really happy to hear that you are pleased with Nutshell. Thank you for your suggestions below - I will add them to our requests list and see what we can achieve. Many thanks, Amanda

Danny from SkySpecs

Nutshell is a fantastic CRM for new business and small to growing businesses

We were able to track progress with our customers far easier. It brought our entire sales team together to manage relationships and make sure we were following up on sales.

Pros

Nutshell is extremely easy to implement and has all the basic features you need to get a CRM up and running . It is awesome for anywhere from 1 - 1000 customers. Integration with email is easy. Phone app is great especially when making calls from it to customers so you can log that the call happened. Collaboration with your team is seamless.

Cons

Nutshell does lack some of the more indepth automation features that you can get in a Salesforce, but it is far more affordable and doesn't require crazy setup. Their api is decent, but also has a little way to go for advanced integration. Nutshell also isn't the best choice for thousands of customers because it is hard to manage.

Caio from TECVERDE

It is very user friendly for both parties, the final user and the manager.

Pros

Flexebility and Customization are one of the big pros. The dashboard has improved a lot since one year ago.

Cons

The repports are weak, at least in the version that we use. It seams that in the pro version there is more features, and more complete repports. I was mad when I saw for the first time that a Pro version have been lauched with features that we were dreaming to have, and that it wasnt included in our version. When we signed Nutshell we got the top version beleving that it was a great cost benefit. Having some special features in a more expensive version after that wasn't good. And at that time nobody even offered us a trial of the Pros features.

Autumn from POSIM

Nutshell has been a good addition to our business.

Pros

The updated and modern look of all the icons and images was a great add on. We are also excited to take advantage of the updated reporting capabilities as well.

Cons

How leads have to be added into the system. Before an update was done, the company information (address, phone, etc) and the person information (address, phone, etc) was able to be added directly when creating the lead. Now the lead must be generated first and only the company name and person name can be added at time of creation. You have to then go back and add all other information for the company and person after. VERY tedious and frustrating this process was changed.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Hey Autumn! Thank so very much for your feedback. We greatly appreciate your suggestions below- and I will work with our development team to try to alleviate some of your frustration over the next couple of weeks. Amanda

Chris from MediGroup EBI

Industry: Medical Devices

Positive, but we under-utilise nutshells capabilities

Simple to implement. Cost effective.

Pros

Simple to use ie simpler to TRAIN reps, simpler for them to adopt. Flexibility - so one person can be attached to different products and leads and accounts. Can lift out lists for marketing easily. You are a small responsive independent company.

Cons

There is no easy way to manage accounts. Much of our revenue comes from recurring revenues from customers. We need to be able to develop customers. So selling more product to a customer (either new products same customer or increased use of product). Nutshell doesn't allow us to manage these "accounts" very well. To do this really well you'd need to use your open APIs to tie into our accounts package. Training and support sucks. We are on Australian time zone, and you guys are always shut when you need it. REALLY need good training programs. Nobody has heard of nutshell! Its a well kept secret strong product. You recently increased fees...are you trying to become another salesforce.rob.your.users or is it a 1-off?

Mark from Swift Performance

We like it. The iphone app is bit laggy.

Lots

Pros

Adding contacts when in gmail (The widget) Strong gmail integration. Tagging options are good. Would like to see a real iPad app

Cons

No Gmail contact sync. Piesync can do it, why can's nutshell? No Wysiwig editor for emails in Nutshell. No attachments in Nutshell I can't make sense of how to include a CC to an email , without adding them to the contact lead email lists Need to have default intl area codes for phones in diff regions There should be global email templates. If I have a sales team, all needing to uses a common template, it means they all need to copy/create there won template, including understanding of teh mark-up syntax. Not good.

Jacqueline from SecureNet Protection Services

Industry: Security and Investigations

Straightforward, no-nonsense way for us to organize our data

It made filling out the review quite easy

Pros

Great support, uncluttered, has features we need. This is the first CRM I have every used, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I was pretty comfortable with starting to use it. It is fairly intuitive even for someone that is not accustomed to CRM software. They have good tutorials and training information.

Cons

Every time I get it all figured out, they make updates and I have to keep figuring it out again and sometimes it takes awhile before i understand how it all works. ON the computer, I don't have as many problems with adjusting to the changes, but it is harder when using on the phone.

Tina from The Summit Federal Credit Union

Our experience with Nutshell has been extremely positive. The ease of use is exactly what we needed.

Ability to track and organize all aspects of our member company portfolio including activities, contact via email, in person and follow up. Makes my job much easier!

Pros

Ease of use Reporting abilities Tracking and ability to customize what we need for our business model The ability to manage and update our member company portfolio in one place

Cons

Only con is the inability to remove someone (a contact) from a specific company they are linked to without entirely deleting them.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Hi Tina! Thank you so much for your feedback. Good news, you can remove a contact from a specific company without deleting the contact. You can either go to the person page and remove the company or go to the company page and remove the person from the company. In both cases, the contact still exists but is no longer linked to the company. Please feel free to call our customer support team and they can walk you through the steps. Frank

Thomas from Vlore Bakery

Overall it's positive. I know I can expect it to be working day to day.

Multi-user contact sharing with phone app and SSB desktop app. Helps us track current customers and work with them more effectively.

Pros

How flexible it is for when we decide to track new customer information. The tag system and how people are connected to companies is rather nice.

Cons

How difficult it is to search for a customer or person by their phone number. Right now I have to create a temporary filter and enter the entire phone number in it to see if there's an entry and then have to do it again for people if the number wasn't recognized as a company. The feature I want most is to be able to type in the last 4 digits of a phone number and see every person and company attached to that number. No proper iPad app. No offline desktop apps. There was a feature I was missing on the iPhone app but can't remember what it is.

Kevin from TrustWorkz, Inc.

I've loved Nutshell so much that I now use it for 2 of my companies & recommend to our customers.

Internet marketing can be a long sales process. We went from closing in 120-150 days to around 21 days. Our revenues have almost doubled since implementing Nutshell 2 years ago.

Pros

Ease of use. Very straight forward. We don't need to send our salespeople to "Nutshell Camp" to learn how to use the product. Integrations are easy enough. The only thing I'd love to see is Gravity Forms (WordPress) integration. We could easily onboard more of our customers if that integration were available.

Cons

I would love to be able to share my email templates with the rest of the team. That way I could have my own, but also push new successful templates out to everyone else.

Response from Nutshell

Replied May 2017

Kevin, I'm so glad that Nutshell has helped you and your team. We are working on expanding, as well as improving our existing, integrations so please keep an eye out for those changes! Best, Asya

Jake from Hyperion Wholesale

Been working with you guys for a while now and like that you are continually making improvements.

Pros

We track every single one of our customers and potential customers in this system. It is the hub of our business

Cons

I dont like that the relationship between the "Lead" and the "Business" is the way it is... I dont like that you have to make a Lead and a Business at the same time. It always seemed to me that a lead should be a lead until it turns into a customer (Business). It would make our lives easier if thats the way it was.

Response from Nutshell

Replied July 2017

Hi Jake, We appreciate your feedback. Thanks for sharing your feedback about the Lead and Company relationship. We are investigating this function and will let you know if we make any changes. Thanks for being part of the Nutshell family. Amanda

March 2015

Eric from The Euclid Chemical Company

March 2015

Great CRM for large to small groups of users

Pros

Nutshell has been a great fit for me in tracking all of my sales activities. This service is very easy to use and allows me to quickly retrieve key account or contact details to allow me to better service my prospects and customers. I appreciate the fact that it can be as simple or complex as you need it to be, meaning that every feature is not made into a field that you have to navigate even if you do not use them. All interaction with Nutshell staff has been very quick and efficient. They continue to roll out additional product features so you know that they are growing. The price for this service is very reasonable and I would certainly even pay more knowing the value that it has given my business.

Cons

Nutshell is still growing a little bit, so there are features that are still in the works for development or improvement. However, they communicate well on some of what they are working on so you know progress is being made.