All Nutshell Reviews

Marilyn

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

Bang for your Buck

Great! It helps the team stay on track whether it's sales or implementation.

PROS

Reporting and filtering reports. Keeping a track record of our leads.

CONS

Have to move over to pro to get more then one sales process. Pro is so expensive.

Reason for choosing Nutshell

Price, others had better functionality but this Nutshell had enough 2 years ago to get us going. It has really come into it's own and now has way more.

Reasons for switching to Nutshell

So complicated we weren't using any functionality

Garry

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Finding the impossible

I searched and spent a lot of time looking for the best crm to suit what we needed. Realising along the way that no crm software would ever suit what your specific needs are. That said Nutshell fulfills 95%of what we need as we adapted our processes to suit. Having spent only 2 days learning and implementing g the crm it was fully usable and powerful meeting our needs.

PROS

Easy to get to grips with and implement. Not over complicated and very flexible to adapt to your way of working.Customer support very responsive.Being able to design multiple pipelines is brilliant.

CONS

Web analytics could be more detailed but need to explore more.

Reason for choosing Nutshell

Easey to get going.No fuss or complicated elements.Good reviews.

Hunter

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2024

My Opinion of Nutshell

PROS

I really enjoyed its price to feature ratio, and the unique customization options available due to how they built the product

CONS

a few nitpicks, but nothing major. Unfortunately my team never really got into using the tool so we are in the processing of switching to one that is more geared to our specific business.

Reasons for switching to Nutshell

It was more geared to our line of business

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Nutshell, Hunter! We're sorry to see you go, and would love to hear more about your team's needs so we can continue improving Nutshell.

Replied April 2024

Prescott

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2017

leads don't allow you to easily sell services, only products. After sale service is hindered.

We get a cost effective CRM that frees up cash flow for use elsewhere in our business.

PROS

Nutshell offers a unique ability to tag people in activities and run reports on calling activities for my sales reps.

CONS

Every lead typically has a company or contact. But if you don't save the activity in the lead, and instead under the company or individual contact, you can't see it when your client calls in regarding the sale they want service for, so your customer service is hindered and your sales people look like they don't know the history of the account. It's embarrassing to use this software because Nutshell says they are only helping to land the sale, not support it, but this mindset about how they build their software results in a horrible disconnect with regards to how we are forced to serve our customers, and thus we are using a CRM that doesn't support the full life cycle of a sale. We keep hoping Nutshell will fix this and improve because their customer service is great, and their people mean well, but after several years of patiently waiting, we are concerned that we may never see this problem fixed. The mobile app also has so many glitches with the UX that it can't even compare the experience to how you can use leads in a web browser. Further, when we have a customer call in to ask about their account, the recent leads puts the oldest first in the list, which means we have to scroll through several hundred orders just to open the last order we did for that client. If you are trying to sell to a major corporate account with multiple facilities / departments, forget it with Nutshell; linking subcompanies / vendors / partners / other locations is a nightmare in Nutshell.

Doug

Printing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

A great resource

I have used Nutshell with several companies and from sales teams ranging from 2 people to 15 people. The platform has always risen to the level needed without the crazy expense.

PROS

I like the fact that Nutshell is not overly complicated. I have been in sales for decades and Nutshell is all I need to be organized and successful.

CONS

To be 100% honest I do not see anything in the platform that I do not like. It really is all I need to do my job efficiently across our small sales team.

Did not need the complexity of Sales Force

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with Nutshell, Doug! We're so glad to hear Nutshell is providing value to your and your teams across companies! We look forward to continuing helping you crush your sales goals! Best, Jewell from Nutshell

Replied April 2024

Conner

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Nutshell in a Nutshell

overall we have see an increase to our responses on email marketing

PROS

the product is easy to use. i like the ability to create multiple email campaigns in a little amount of time

CONS

I wish some of the design areas could be more detailed/ more features

Reason for choosing Nutshell

the usability, and data seemed to be more accurate

Clay

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Nutshell at a glance

Overall it is a minimal way to organize clients and priorities. I would prefer that the software handle more of my work such as Quotation, Commercial invoicing, some Accounting, Payment tracking, Request payment reminders for partial payments. I am interested in starting my own office and rebuilding Nutshell system to suit my needs. 281-799-0158 Clay Estrada

PROS

Customer information storage, Lead priority organization. I like that I can get on any computer when out of the office and the screen looks exactly as at my desk.

CONS

Slow recall for data, Search feature often does not find client easily. I feel that the system was never set up properly by our team. I am certain that we are nut using the best of the software's capability.

Ana

Import and Export, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

BorderGuru - CSM Review

Overall it is easy to use, The menu is easy to access.

PROS

I like that we have separate lists, tags and filters to have our contact database saved. Each list serves a different purpose and they don't overlap

CONS

That it takes duplicate contacts and always tries to merge them

Reason for choosing Nutshell

I am not aware of the finance / Alternative options.

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about Nutshell, Ana! We're glad to hear Nutshell is helping your team organize contact data effectively! Nutshell's duplicate detection is designed to help you prevent dirty data, but if you want to have more control over which contacts are merged, you can configure Nutshell to only merge contacts based on exact name and email address. Learn more here: https://support.nutshell.com/en/articles/8429037-prevent-duplicates-from-being-created-in-nutshell. Happy Nutshelling! Jewell from Nutshell

Joe

Warehousing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Sales Manager

We evaluated seven different CRM's with Nutshell being the last. It was immediate in knowing that Nutshell stood heads and tails above the rest and was a perfect fit for our needs. I would, without reservation highly recommend this application for anyone looking for one. I even gave a shout out post to Nutshell on my LinkedIn profile @joeharbottle.

PROS

Ease of use. User interface and the functionality. The feature set is perfect for our needs. The application is WELL thought out.

CONS

Nothing so far. We have been using it for about 5 months now and have not come into a situation that we wished it had a certain feature.

Reason for choosing Nutshell

It met all of the functionality and features we needed for our operation.

Thank you for sharing your kind words about Nutshell, Joe! We're excited to hear you're finding Nutshell easy to use and that it's providing all the features and capabilities your team needs! And thank you so much for the shoutout on LinkedIn! We always love to hear how Nutshell is helping our customers grow their businesses! Happy Nutshelling! Jewell from Nutshell

Maria

Translation and Localization, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Nutshell for startups and micro businesses

Excellent. The support is very accessible, even thought we have at least 5hrs of time difference. The AI helper is also very handy

PROS

Easy to set up, easy to use, very intuitive and uncomplicated. Reasonable price

CONS

The integrations for financial reporting needing to be charged separately. The cost of the integrations would be double the cost of the monthly subscription.

Reason for choosing Nutshell

Ease of set up and quick response from team

Thank you for sharing your positive review about Nutshell, Maria! We're so glad to hear you're finding Nutshell easy to use and that our support team has been quick to assist you! We're excited to see how Nutshell continues helping your business grow! All my best, Jewell from Nutshell

Madalynn

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

An Elegant Yet Powerful CRM

We are now better organized with our sales process and are more collaborative. This allows us to keep our important information in one place that is easy to use and work as a team to get things done!

PROS

I love the filtering ability with our companies and people lists. It allows us to really drill down and get the exact metrics we want. We are better able to see a lot of information at a glance in a dynamic way.

CONS

I would love more options when emailing groups of people in the system. Currently, I need to only use templates when emailing groups and I would like to be able to type out the email in one shot instead.

Reason for choosing Nutshell

A lot of the other systems seemed overly complicated to use, we had a relatively short onboarding period to get our people trained quickly. The price point for the number of features was the best and most sustainable for our company. And we feel like we can grow with Nutshell.

Reasons for switching to Nutshell

We realized we did not need a ticketing software but something more like a CRM, in looking over a lot of options this was the best price point and the best fit for what we needed.

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Nutshell has been a gamechanger!

PROS

We absolutely love being able to have an all in one place customer and production tracker. From the time a prospect writes in, through years after they have purchased and Installed their building we have everything at our fingertips.

CONS

We just wish that emails still went into the customer's leads, and tasks could be auto assigned after it is "won" the project isn't done..

Reason for choosing Nutshell

Price and customer service were the biggest driving factors in our decision to choose and stay with Nutshell!

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2017

I've used CRM software on Mac, PC, & midrange IBM systems. Nutshell is at the top of the heap.

It's CRM that actually is liked and used!

PROS

Easy and flexible setup; consistently clear design. Can use basic functions without tripping over the advanced ones, and can gradually add feature/function for a smooth transition from beginner to power user. I also like the way you have color-keyed the function buttons to the main color on functional screens. A nice visual orientation cue!

CONS

I worked full-time in the design profession for 17 years, so this is a 'studied' critique: There is a lot of market pressure for tech products to follow design trends. Unfortunately, design trends often are based on designers designing for other designers -- which tends to leave certain kinds of user needs out in the cold. One of the most common of these 'orphaned' needs is the need for contrast and clarity. Nutshell's UI gets high marks in my book for uncluttered design and common-sense functionality. But as people get older, it gradually becomes harder to distinguish low-contrast elements in a design. Contrast (and color, of course) also can be used (and is used to a degree in Nutshell) to 'lead the eye to where the action is. ' My suggestions for improving the main user screen are these: 1) Search Everything is, by definition, a key feature -- it should have a STRONG presence, instead of looking almost greyed-out. 2) Use bolder and slightly larger text throughout. To a degree, weight and size will compensate for lack of contrast -- and without cluttering the layout.

Hi Mark! Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We appreciate the positive review and will pass along the feedback to our design team. Thanks for being part of the Nutshell community. Amanda

Replied May 2017

Elisabeth

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

A good tool for small businesses

Good overall experience

PROS

1- friendly2- relatively fast training compared to other softwares

CONS

1- some parameters are difficult to customize (e.g. linking the lead to an invoice, linking the lead to a ''priority'' criterion, etc.)2- Nutshell sees the enterprise admin as a user (who needs to pay) while it just adds new users and gives them proper access and data backup. It's not really fair.

Reasons for switching to Nutshell

Because Act! software was not on line.

Robert

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2017

Good for most; Doesn't seem to handle recurring/subscription revenue well

Better tracking of our forecast and contacts.

PROS

UI is getting much better in general, and the software has always been quite reliable (rarely down or broken).

CONS

1. Can't duplicate leads (we have customers that renew annually - I have to create new leads with all of the information each time) 2. Can't type an actual date in (must pick it) - every time I create a new lead for an annual subscription in the future, I have to click 12 times to get to the right month. Doing this for 20-30 leads makes my hand want to fall off 3. Hard to add future subscription leads - if we sell a monthly subscription for our product, we have to manually create 12 leads each year. Very time-consuming. 4. Editing contacts should be possible in-line. You can add emails/phone, but changing title and other items require you to leave the lead and go to the full contact form. 5. I preferred the older 'create lead' form which was the full page. The new one is less productive because you have to fill it out, then go the full page version and finish all of the items that were missing in the pop-up version. 6. Pro version cost. We don't need anything from Pro except the funnel report for only one user. To get that it would require all users going pro and increasing our cost by 4x which isn't possible.

Thanks for the feedback Robert. We've had a few customers, like you, ask about the possibility of splitting users between the Standard and Pro versions. It's something we are seriously looking into and will be asking more of our customers if this is important to them. Frank

Replied May 2017

Iqbal

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great Value

Since we were using Pipedrive for Intake and sales. We used Nutshell for opreational managemennt which was also comparable tot he activities fo inside sales. It was fun, intuitive, easy to use.

PROS

It is similar to Pipedrive but has more features specific and beneficial.

CONS

We could not do task lists that were shared.

Reason for choosing Nutshell

We did not choose over, we supplemented

Vince