Outfield

Outfield Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The Outfield team is super responsive and supportive. Features are added constantly."
  • icon"The ease of visibility to my teams. Provides simple solutions to escalations we see in the field and provides insight for partners to show off all the awesome things they are doing on their own."
  • icon"The ease of Use and the customer support we have received have been amazing. Overtime we need to edit something they will do it right away."
  • icon"No way to attach contacts to accounts. Stay scared that when I leave the routing screen my route will be gone."
  • icon"Time for entry work and entering details of what we do each day that cuts into visits for the day."
  • icon"The only thing that has verb difficult with this software are the software updates causing issues with syncing."

Browse all Outfield Reviews

• Have you used Outfield and would like to share your experience with others?

Outfield is a powerful tool for a rapidly expanding field team.

Pros

An indispensable tool for quantifying field team activities. The news feed helps keep remote employees connected and up to date. The Outfield team is super responsive and supportive. Features are added constantly.

Cons

It can be hard to sort through all of the incoming information as a team member so filter options would be very helpful. Sometimes buggy (iPhone X). However, bugs are fixed fast and new features are always being added.

Micah

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Definitely the most convenient reporting tool I've had the privilege to use.

The benefits we saw was actual time spend on the back end instead of things just reported. Gives us the hard numbers from the actual time spent at a check in. Helps streamline out network of communications between all different teams.

Pros

Cons

Can't backdate meetings or events if no cell phone service to report. Then when we do have the opportunity to report it reflects on the wrong day from the admin perspective. A solution to be able to specify a date of an event if we are unable to check in at that time.

Dan

Industry: Machinery

it needs more features such as location awareness, proximity alerts, followup alarms

real time reporting

Pros

easy to put for a quick note, needs to have more categories though such as active, pending contract, prospect. I like the ease of being able to write a quick note and everyone at the office see it immediately, like please have service call this certain dealer while im sitting there and it happens, real time issue resolving is great.

Cons

when adding new dealers and it needs more categories such as prospect or active or pending contract. i also think it should upload address automatically like when you checkin on facebook.

Response from Outfield

Thank you for your feedback, Dan! We're happy to hear you are enjoying the "Real Time" aspect of our product, it's a fan favorite! Regarding the cons you listed: It sounds like you should try leveraging the Deal Pipeline feature. From there you can assign the accounts to customized stages such as prospect, active, or pending contract. Once they are in your pipeline, you can move them from stage to stage and assign estimated values for each deal. Here is a link to one of our articles and videos showcasing the Deal Pipeline. (https://support.outfieldapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002147672-How-to-Manage-your-Deal-Pipeline) Regarding uploading addresses automatically, you may want to check out our "Add from Nearby Places" feature. It takes nearby locations and will auto populates the Name, Address, and any other contact information that's readily available. From there, you can check-in, create a note, or add that new account to your deal pipeline. Hopefully this information helps!

Replied June 2018

Steve

Outfield is a fantastic tool for tracking sales activity and keeping current on all sales calls.

Pros

What I like most is the ability to recall what I've discussed on previous calls with customers. I can also keep track of when I visited each customer so I can ensure that customers aren't going too long without a visit.

Cons

I have to be honest, there's nothing that I don't like about the software. I like that the customer service team are always on top of any bugs and small fixes that come along and they ensure things are improved fast.

Claudina

It has been a great tool even though we are still modifying according to our needs

Pros

Cons

A few things are still missing, but we are getting the support from your team. The only thing is that overtime there is a change we seem to be missing the already existing i formation which is really unfortunate since thats our main data base and at the same time work that we will need to re do.

Nathan

I have this app for the last 6 months and found it easy and simple to use

Easily tracks customer information. Helps plans my route fast and more effeciantly.

Pros

When I first started to use this software I found it very easy to use. It was simple, accurate and very user friendly. Since I have been using it I have not asked for help from the technical team, I like the Idea it stores your past information

Cons

When you search nearby places it does not show the one you are looking for, therefore you have to add it manually

Will

App was easy to learn and navigate for the most part

Pros

Happened to be starting a new territory right when we got this app and I found the route planner to be useful for the first couple trips to see new customers

Cons

The forms do not save after you have filled them out. Should be able to see all of the original answers from the first time you use a form then you can just edit what has changed rather than having to fill the entire form out again

Simple and powerful tool

I can plan better my visits and can work faster and easier, and have more time for other matters

Pros

That you can set it up with what is needed and makes your life simple and have all data needed to make good work and business decisions also you can have a history of growth and detail pictures of looks changes etc

Cons

That it will not aloof sometimes to save the work but is been fixed now!!!! So you would do all the work and it will not alloud to save it so you'll have to start again I think the problem was how the questionnaire was set up by the company

Drew

Overall a useful tool that helps to keep track of all information needed.

Pros

Map and directions feature I liked that I can click on a location it gives me the option to use Apple Maps. I like how you can plan a trip and it calculates most efficient path.

Cons

Lags and freezes. Lose information in drafts occasionally/deletes post automatically. Opens very slow. I dislike that it closes the app each time I go into a different app then it takes extended time to reopen and reboot app.

Brian

Industry: Sporting Goods

Great tool for organizing dealer data. Better UI than previous software we used. Easy to use.

Better intel from the field on our dealers merchandising and valuable feedback.

Pros

It's ease of use. Uploading accounts was a breeze. Checking in to dealers also very easy. Forms are intuitive and easy to use. Our team enjoys using the software, very few bugs so far. Makes admin of the software easy for me. Reports are easy to forward and to read for our internal team.

Cons

Would like some more organization options ie. dealer by volume, dealer by type. Would like to be able to add more than 5 photos.

William

Use for work. Easy to navigate.

Pros

Easy to use. Prompts are user friendly. Reminders when a field is overlooked. Step by step guidance.

Cons

Only negative is the fact that I have to be working in order to use this application. Company requirement.

Halen

My experience has been excellent with outfield. Very easy to use, minimal bugs.

Pros

I like the ease of use the most about the Outfield software. It loads my data pretty much everywhere very quickly and there are minimal glitches or bugs. Great at keeping track of visits and documenting them.

Cons

I do not like how sometimes it will open up the maps on an Iphone and device and take you a different location than the one selected at times. I also think it would be helpful if the app could show you at an overview when the last time was you visited certain locations, that way you know right away which stores you need to visit.

Love it!

Outfield is quick with their customer service and bugs are fixed quickly.

Pros

Very easy to use! I have to use this software for my job which requires me to check into certain locations.

Cons

It's had a few bugs over the years with syncing issues. Sometimes, my days work will be wiped and I can't do anything about it.

Steve

A great tool to help manager my territory.

Pros

Keeps all my accounts information in one app and this makes using Outfield so much easier to view and keep track or store visits.

Cons

There is not that much is not to like about using the software. I use it daily and it's the best app I have used.

Kent

I use Outfield everyday

Pros

It keeps me alert to my conversations from the last visit. I can also look at the map and see who I can squeeze in a visit to

Cons

I often need to reload the site to get the maps to work. I did not have to do this a few months ago.

Christina

I am constantly experiencing issues with getting updates to my tablet

Pros

Cons

Very difficult to use. Not user friendly. I don't care for this at all. I am constantly running into problems with updates being sent out that are not compatible with the device I am already using for the program.

Response from Outfield

Hey Christina! We wanted to follow up on a review you left for us on Capterra. We're sorry to hear you are having a bad experience with Outfield and we want to do everything we can to remedy the situation. Every bad review is an opportunity to improve and we would like to act accordingly. The issue is stemming from the RCA Voyager device you are using. These devices are known to have issues working with apps and it's lack of GPS capabilities severely hinder Outfield from working on the device. We suggest using a device geared towards business applications. Something with a more up-to-date Operating System and GPS. iPads, iPhones, and Android devices (GPS enabled) running a current OS all work great with our software. Please, if there is anything we can do, let us know and we can help!

Replied June 2018

Scott

It is easy to use

Pros

Outfield is very easy to use. If I make a mistake it is easy to fix. It can be used as a note book. I can go back to see what I did the visit before.

Cons

Me personally I don't like the time that I have to put in to log in then write down everything that that I just did in that account. I have been in the food business for 37 years and have a great memory. I remember what I did in each and every account the times before

Anna

It's easy to use and helpful in tracking notes and follow ups

Pros

I like that I can always go back and review my notes on my check in's. I also like that you can open navigation straight from the app. Adding pictures is also a big plus.

Cons

When I've checked into a location, and try to exit to look at some previous notes or another screen, sometimes the timer on that check in freezes and it's difficult to know how long I've actually been there once I'm ready to check out.

Brian