• Pros

• "Ease of use, amount of resources and linking features is great."

• "I like the simplicity of the software. It is easy to use and all of the buttons are very distinctive. "

• "This program is extremely user friendly to use."

• Cons

• "The iphone app is really not that robust. It's ok, but we would much rather see a higher performance, more feature rich implementation."

• "There are not many features to this CRM. Although it is easy and simple to use, the features are not too in depth. "

• "Wish it did a little better on the life insurance side. Better integration with outlook would be nice"

Browse Redtail CRM Reviews

Paul from Hartwell & Company

Great opportunity when leveraged properly

When I started working with Redtail, the previous employees in my office had not learned how to use it properly and so it was a mess. But once I got some training under my belt, I was able to understand Redtail better and started fixing all the errors that previous employees had implemented.

Pros

The team at Redtail really have thought about nearly everything. There are so many amazing features built in to the Redtail CRM that it is only at the user's own neglect if your office isn't operating more efficiently. I really appreciate utilizing automations to trigger workflows, and the reports that can be generated to track results or see an overview of how we've been doing.

Cons

Not everything is necessarily intuitive. But go to Redtail University. The training you get there opens the door to understand how everything works inside of the CRM.

Great fit for small to medium sized RIAs looking for a CRM solution tuned to the Financial Advisor.

Straight forward migration from ACT with good migration support, so we were up and running quickly. We now have an SEC-compliant, cloud-based CRM which seamlessly tracks and archives client email communications and has a good SEC-compliant document repository.

Pros

Low price point for a CRM that is built from the ground up to support Financial Advisers. SEC-compliant document management and email make this easy to archive and track client documents and communications in the secure cloud. Good integration with CopyTalk.

Ryan from SkyWest Airlines

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great CRM

We have been using this CRM for about 3 months now after a recommendation from a Field Marketing Office and we haven't looked back since. I had experience with other CRMs like SalesForce, while SF is still fantastic and top-tier, I find this to be a better value for the money.

Pros

I love that this CRM allows us to break down different tabs that are relevant to what we do as Financial Advisors. We have a clients section, prospect section, and even a seminar sections where we are able to track and market to those that are signed up for a workshop or dinner seminar, it helps us compartmentalize the different categories and groups that we are trying to engage

Cons

Honestly, the only qualm I would have is that I wish there was a better integration with drip email software, but that might be user error.

Price

Peter from DP Financial & Tax Inc

Decent online CRM with price being one of the best features - but you get what you pay for....

It is one of the lower cost CRM softwares available and for companies that can't afford anything better this is a decent solution. We quickly outgrew it's usage and moved on to something much more robust and usable.

Pros

It is fairly simple to do all of the basic functions of the software. Add contacts and information, look up contacts, edit information. I really liked that there would be a red reminder at the bottom of the webpage letting you know of an upcoming appointment within 30 minutes time. There is a search bar at the top of the screen no matter what page you are on which is nice to be able to change contacts "on the fly". Since it is web-based it is accessible from anywhere you have web access.

Cons

Redtail is almost too simple. Without enough robust features it comes in as a very simple contact manager and calendar. Since it is web based you must keep it open in your web browser at all times to have it easily accessible - BUT - most people have multiple tabs open and it is not "in-your-face" as an software application would/could be. Although there are many pros to having a web based CRM there are drawbacks as well. One being that you are automatically logged out after 30 minutes. I believe this was the highest time you could set it to and this gets old very quickly. The app for phones really stinks too and was barely usable or helpful overall making it almost not even worth using.

Jess from B3 Wealth Strategies

We love Redtail!

Overall we love Redtail and continually attribute it to the efficiency of our team. Things no longer fall through the cracks because we've taken the time to set up workflows for all of our processes and we all contribute thorough notes to our client records. We use tasks every single day to make sure things are getting done AND that there's a record of someone doing them. We use the reporting options daily and have gained better insights into the business because of the report options available. We absolutely recommend Redtail to anyone looking for an efficient and affordable CRM

Pros

Redtail is cleanest looking and feeling CRM that we trialed. Everything is setup with the user in mind, so it's very easy to use. It's also very intuitive and there aren't many learning curves. The reporting is far above what other systems offer, and the workflows have completely changed the functionality of our team for the better. The ability to set up automations has also improved our processes. Our business runs much more smoothly, efficiently, and quickly because of Redtail. We find that the workflows and automations ensure that there are never gaps in our processes and things get done in a more timely fashion. They are always making updates and improvements based on user request, so over the three years we've been using it, it has only become more functional and user friendly versus feeling outdated. The support team is always available if you need help and the classes they offer are extremely thorough and helpful. The price is very affordable per user and they absolutely deliver quality well above the price point.

Cons

There's not a lot to be disliked about Redtail, but some of the options are technologically advanced and either require a strong ability to be tech savvy or an investment in Redtail University. Various members of our team have attended Redtail University on many occasions and have found it to be extremely helpful in each of our understandings of how certain parts of the system work (mainly workflows) but unfortunately it is an additional $$ investment.

Allyson from Eaton Financial

Redtail CRM Review

Pros

This program is extremely user friendly to use.

Cons

The downside is there isn't a way to customize things.

Jeremiah from SMB Financial Services

Not impressed by the user-interface, but the CRM serves it's function.

We are able to see detailed notes on clients, and those notes never go away.

Pros

I enjoy that all information is thoroughly saved once it's in the system. You can't accidentally or intentionally delete comments/notes on clients accounts. This is crucial in a field where we need to know what has been communicated to our clients. This CRM allows us to produce reports that show when/where the client came in. This is an important process to understand how we should interact with clients to better serve them.

Cons

There are a lot of things I dislike with the software, especially for how much it costs. The interface is somewhat easy to learn, but it tends to be clunky. It takes longer than I would hope to find client names in the database, and it seems the product focuses more on integrating with other companies than it does on simplicity. Adding activities/tasks on a to-do list is something we highly value. The process of adding new tasks tends to be a little overcomplicated, and it doesn't organize well. Using workflows for specific clients is not very easy either. We spent a lot of time developing workflows for clients, but ended up ditching it for handwritten notes! Ouch. It was quicker, more efficient, and more reliable than using the CRM.

Barbara from One Resource Financial

WARNING: You might need a computer programming degree to use this software!

I use it only for database information. It is a powerful tool but LACKS usability and the ability for people to get informative reports

Pros

It is a GREAT database tool, so much information in one place

Cons

Using this information EFFICIENTLY & EFFECTIVELY is near-impossible. The reporting area is the most-complex, time-consuming, difficult, complicated, horrific, stressful thing I've ever witnessed in my 30+ years in the workforce. JUST TO RUN A SIMPLE REPORT to gather the amazing database information, requires a huge headache to figure out. It is NOT SIMPLE, it is NOT USER-FRIENDLY at all. It takes multiple steps and a host of IF, AND, OR, BUT, EQUAL to, or LESS THAN, or is not blank, etc., etc., etc., to perform. Then to get a printout in a clean, readable, PDF type-file???? Forget about it! I have to call customer service EVERY SINGLE TIME I need to run a report. Something that should only take a few moments to run takes HOURS. I have been using this for several years, complain about it on forums along with a host of many others, but it has yet to be addressed. This software should not be this difficult to use. If you only need a database, this will serve your needs. If you need in-depth reports to use the information you have, good luck!

Phillip from Foresight Financial

Great CRM

We have been users of RedTail for 10+ years and only utilize a small portion of what is available, yet the $ spent is well worth it.

Pros

Ease of use, amount of resources and linking features is great.

Cons

Can sometimes be overwhelming or difficult to navigate - mainly learning curve issues, but I'm not a big enough user to justify the cost of the "school".

Simon from LPL

Useful features and fairly easy to use

Great overall tool to manage our team's ongoing tasks, notify each other when a task is updated or a note added, record keeping of notes on our clients, syncs with Outlook and other tools.

Pros

Organizing all my tasks day to day and long-term, with ability to share and reallocate tasks among users

Cons

Not as intuitive in how to use some features, and doesn't have an easy way to access training or learning modules to get up to speed on utilizing all the features.

Great CRM

Overall, I am very impressed with Redtail. I wasn't a part of the team who chose this software. It was in place when I joined my present company. But I have enjoyed using it and wish I'd been given it for the previous companies I worked with.

Pros

Redtail allows you to input just about every detail imaginable about your clients. It gives you birthday reminders. You're able to store related documents for client accounts. It integrates with multiple software programs so that client information can pre-populate when you're completing applications. It allows you a simple way to document client conversations. It's just about the most robust CRM I've seen out! Wow!

Cons

I think this is a minor drawback but it matters because other programs seem to offer this option. You cannot merge records. If you find the you have entered a client twice, there's no way to merge the records and keep what you want to keep.

Mandy from Financially in Tune

Great CRM for your Small Business

Pros

The team behind RedTail are always trying to improve their software based on suggestions from users. They hold trainings that travel around the country yearly so there is sure to be one near you. Unlike most software trainings, these are FUN! It's a very robust system with many detailed reports and some great search functionality too.

Cons

When changing your password (required periodically) you can't use the last THIRTEEN passwords. It says something for the security of the program but, c'mon....13?!

Ryan from Hadad Milinazzo Financial Group

HMFG Redtail Review

Pros

Having an interface that talks to other programs has helped out quite a bit. The ability to have a program do more tedious work that is done repeatedly has saved the firm time doing more important things.

Cons

There are not many things that we see as a negative. Some of the options that are there to help customize are a bit hard to find but besides that there are not many issues.

Chelsea from MPM Wealth Advisors

Terrible Customer Service and Tech Support

There were many features and functions that were touted during the discovery process and were main reasons why we choose Redtail Tailwag CRM over others. But after migrating our data into the system, we learned many of those features and functions don't work. Working with the customer service team to get these issues resolved has been an absolute nightmare. We are constantly told "our tech team is working on a fix, and unfortunately we don't know when this issue will be fixed". And you have to stay on top of these issues, or else the tech team will simply stop working on your issue, and when you follow up with customer service, they start the entire process all over again. We have over 5 issues with the CS team right now that have been pending for over a year! If changing CRM systems and getting comfortable with the new software wasn't such a large undertaking for the firm, we would have switched to a different CRM a long time ago.

Pros

- cloud based - sleek interface

Cons

- Terrible customer service - Terrible tech support - Poor functionality - Too many features and not enough of them work

Matthew from Pilot capital management

Excellent set up

Redtail CRM software has a very intuitive setup. However, the mobile app leaves something to be desired. A persistent password reset issue, and he absence of push notifications makes the app clunky to use. The core of the software is as intuitive as any though.

Pros

Intuitive, very efficient

Cons

Subpar mobile app experience due to recurring password resets and no push notifications for calendar events

Kimberly from Opinicus Capital

Awesome Product and it keeps getting better

I seriously love Redtail, I have used other CRM's but Redtail was so easy to use and when I have a question I can either search online and watch a video or call customer service. Best customer service around.

Pros

Ease of use. Integration with 360. Customization. CUSTOMER SERVICE is the best.

Cons

Workflows, they have updated them but still not the best.

David from Castlebury Financial Advisors, LLC

I wish I had had this software my entire career.

This is a very time-saving product and robust in its integrations with other software and data sources.

Pros

This software is very robust and includes many integrations that create a real value for our company.

Cons

The workflow portion has not yet been to full use in our model. I would prefer a more Microsoft Project approach to this feature

Simon from LPL

Decent value CRM for basic tasks

It works well as a basic CRM for managing contacts, notes, and ongoing tasks as well as the ability to sort clients based on any data point. However, though it is a good value, it cannot provide integration with software providing data feeds, up-to-date investment account data, etc. and is not meant to be a "all in one CRM/practice management" tool.

Pros

Easy to navigate, add/edit contacts, create different groups, ongoing tasks and ability to assign to other team members, ability to archive my outlook emails to existing contacts.

Cons

Limited functionality, not able to integrate with other software for financial services, mobile app is too simple and limited.

Daniel from Integrity Wealth Advisors

Easy to Use

Easy of use and cross-platform capabilities.

Pros

This software is easy to use and it is also easy to train new team members on how to use it. Also the mobile app makes being offsite much easier.

Cons

Some of the functions are a bit basic. Most of them have to do with searching inside of the database.

Giovanni from MLA FINANCIAL

great software, very user friendly, easily implemented and integrated with other software platforms

Pros

i like that it not only integrates with my broker dealer but also with sales/lead software vendors and constant contact for easy updating and soliciting

Cons

takes some time to get used to and to fully implement and the university or training can get a bit daunting

Dan from Integrity Wealth Advisors

Redtail Rules!

We have been using Redtail for almost five years now and it has really improved our functionality and minimizes errors. We have processes in place and Redtail allows for tracking to enhance customer service and minimize redundancy.

Pros

Ease of use. Simple to train others to use

Cons

To fully utilize some features take a bit of work

Ann from Michael MacDonald Financial

Red Tail is a great system but is not intuitive and is sometimes difficult to navigate.

There are many programs that work well with Red Tail.

Pros

It is compatible with a lot of programs but to get to the IT people to have them speak to each other is a very arduous journey. Once you explain what you need it can take up to 90 days or more to get it integrated.

Cons

It is not always easy to learn and it can take some time. You will need to take some time to get used to the system.

Highly intuitive, tons of features

Pros

Love the workflows system and the various integrations with other relevant software. Very simple to begin using and easy to learn features afterwards.

Cons

Wish it integrated with a couple of other programs that I use.

Seth from AdvisorServe

Great CRM for business.

Pros

Very robust for tracking clients. Can use it to track almost anything I want. Calendar is also very easy to use

Jennifer from Arbor Mutual

Redtail CRM has been a love/hate relationship but we are still using it!

The system is a great value and isn't too heavy on functions we don't need like Salesforce.

Pros

Great customer service and support! Really awesome team that listens to feedbacks and makes changes and updates accordingly. I've voted on many ideas that have been added to Redtail so I feel valued as a customer and know the company is working to stay in front of client needs.

Cons

The software clones the home address and phone number to the spouse when entering contacts. However when using search functions, the spouse does not technically have information entered for their address or home phone number so searches do not include them. I think it is redundant to enter the information twice. They are working on the ability to use a spreadsheet to upload information by the user. Currently a spreadsheet can be emailed and their team will upload within 24 or 48 hours but our office does not have time for such.

Brian from BOLT Wealth Management

Well Rounded CRM for Advisors

Pros

Cost, ability to integrate, and customization. There are many fields and options to tailor to your business needs. The subscription models for the # of users you get for the price is a great deal. Lots of resources/training and customer service is excellent. Without this support, Redtail could appear overwhelming in a good way to the average user.

Cons

Biggest complaint is the lack of calendar and contact syncing with Office 365. There are desktop programs that sync but this requires you to have your laptop on and sometimes I don't use my computer everyday (tablet instead some days) and thus my info wouldn't be synced. Rules for reports and to set up workflows could be more user friendly.

It is a useful CRM system for all client data

Company data information

Pros

I like the organization of it and how much specific information can be recorded or the use of custom fields as well.

Cons

Sometimes trying to find or edit a piece of information is very hard to find. Also when you are exporting lists of names or information it is not user friendly and doesnt give you enough choices to narrow it down to.

Jen from Badgerland Irrigation and Lighting Service

Industry: Renewables & Environment

We love RedTail CRM

Fantastic! Highly Recommend!!!

Pros

This software allows us to track all of our customer information. It quickly and easily allows our office staff to get customer information on the fly. Love that it is web based and SO easy to use!

Cons

Some of the functionality is not pertinent to us and it would be helpful if we could turn off or hide some fields.

Chris from HMFG Inc.

Redtail Is great

A CRM tool to house all client information and appointments.

Pros

Redtail's ease of use. It is a great software and is easy to learn.

Cons

Lack of certain integrations, especially with Outlook.

Jodie from Kukula, Martens & Associates

Redtail CRM worth the money

has helped our business manage client data and very helpful customer service when I have any questions or need help.

Pros

Ease of use and functionality of reports is a huge plus for me.

Cons

It feels in financial data but does not feed in account types or titles so it's hard to see what type of accounts the client has.

Reasons for Choosing Redtail CRM

It was going to help us run things more smoothly and integrate into our other software programs.

HAROLD from HH Financial Planning Group

Support lackluster

I am only using this CRM due to the integrations. Other CRM are more user friendly

Pros

The integrations we the only reason I signed up for RedTail

Cons

Lack of SUPPORT!!! I had to wait 9 business days for my integration. Seriously that is unacceptable!

Seems to do everything we need it to do so far

Pros

Their customer service is definitely the best feature. Very helpful! A close second is the workflows and how to implement those into our practice.

Cons

I don't like the lack of customization options within the different dashboards and views. I find that clunky and difficult to get used to.

Patricia from BD Ops, LLC

Superior Training & Resources

Pros

1. Excellent training and online resources available in multiple formats: live in-person classes (although for a fee), free live webinars, custom webinars, recorded webinars, and an extensive searchable library of help articles and mini-videos. In fact, most topics have both articles with screenshots and mini-videos, so whichever format you prefer is available. 2. Ease of use: The only reason I gave Redtail CRM 4 stars instead of 5 is that it has so many features that it can be a bit daunting. 3. Integration: Redtail has integrations set up with dozens, maybe hundreds, of programs.

Cons

Only small nitpicks, like wishing more things automatically created notes or the organization of a few screens. Overall, the feedback I've received from our reps is quite positive.

Lance from Cetera Advisors

CRM Software

Redtail is becoming widely used in my workplace and is helpful for a growing business.

Pros

Redtail helps integrate all aspects of my business. The client contact, marketing, and prospecting parts of my business.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve. Hard to learn all that it can do in a short period of time

Elena from Evergreen Financial Management: Tom McLaurin

Great Product for Organization

Organized client files, import of client info into other apps, information grouped to print only certain set of data you need to present to a client.

Pros

It keeps everything about a client and business partner organized and safe. There are plenty of options to use other apps with Redtail, such as LaserApp. This works great to import all client information easily into another app without having to type it all in over and over again. Another great feature is all the information topics you can add into one client. Everything in one spot!

Cons

It can be better organized to find certain features faster and easier. Being able to edit notes instead of delete and start over or just comment on them would be great.

Candace from Teacher's Pension

Easy to use and manage my client base

Pros

I like how easy it is to fill out a client profile and attach tasks and documents to it. I love that when I click on the email of one of my clients, it automatically opens an email ready for text in my email application. Redtial is an everyday resource for me.

Cons

I do not have any complaints currently.

Great Customizable Calendar

Pros

I love the customizable calendar where you can choose different colors for different kind of appointments/meetings. Also how you can automate meeting that happen at a certain time and day repeatedly.

Cons

It is challenging to figure out all the features that it holds, but it will just take time.

Patrick from SMO Financial & Insurance Services, Inc.

RedTail CRM Review

The biggest benefit is ease of use. I can look up my clients on the app with very little trouble.

Pros

Ease of use and intuitive. The customer service is in the U.S. and they are extremely helpful. Very easy to begin setting up the CRM with very little direction. Connects very well with other vendors.

Cons

Since the CRM cannot be changed, I could not tailor the product to my needs.

Reasons for Choosing Redtail CRM

It was easier to use and I liked the view and feel of the product.

Garrick from Golden Hills Investments

Easy and simple

Jamie from Financial Services

Modern cloud-based CRM software that offers great features and is simple to learn and use.

A user friendly feature-rich easy to use CRM software

Pros

My company switched from GoldMine to Redtail and I was very hesitant to have to learn a whole new CRM. I was so surprised how simple Redtail was to learn and use. Although it has many sophisticated features more advanced users would want to delve into, the interface remains usable for those of us who are newbies to CRM software.

Cons

We did have some difficulty transferring our data from our old CRM to Redtail. All of the fields did not import correctly and we had to go in and manually enter data.

Christopher from McAdam LLC

used for daily tasks and workflows between multiple users

Pros

super easy to use and the set up is amazing. very clean, neat, and organized. would recommend to anyone

Cons

It could maybe load a bit faster instead of needing to refresh pages once tasks are completed

Jon from Montlake Financial Services, LLC

I rely on Redtail everyday. Good product but could use some enhancements

Central area for all information on my clients, prospective clients and other key contacts.

Pros

Cloud based, very good customer support, very thorough data base. There are many ways you can create lists from your database to create mail merges.

Cons

I wish it interfaced with my Google for Business calendar and email. It seems like navigation between the different functions could be more streamlined.

Yeshuwanth from Chooseportal pvt ltd

Chadwick from Blue Wolfe Financial

Failure to keepUp

Decent however I will be leaving.

Pros

Robust, lots of options for maintaining information

Cons

The software has not kept up with technology, integrations or the ability to customize what so ever. This has been very disappointing and they are very slow to update and implement any changes.

N/a

I use Redtail as an administrator

It is helpful to stay organized with client information and reports

Pros

I like the graphs and report features. Seeing things displayed like that makes it easier to conceptualize.

Cons

I use the software as a part of a company. When notes are displayed I have to sort through all advisor notes in order to find applicable notes. In addition, when I search for contacts I can't see just my advisor's contacts.

Amber from Financial Strategies Group

Pros

It's a simple. Easy to use and navigate.

Cons

Certain features are not customizable. Other than that it's a good product for what you pay.

Alaina from National 4-H Council

Intuitive; wish there were better calendar reminders

We are able to track all meetings, notes, emails, deliverables, etc. for clients.

Pros

The CRM does it all for us with client information, tasks, and calendaring. It syncs with other technology apps.

Cons

As far as I know, there is no way to get reminders (a la Outlook) for appointments. I now need to constantly monitor my calendar.

Ronald from Beyond Wealth, LLC

Average at best

It fulfills the requirement that I use a CRM application to manage my clients.

Pros

It integrates well with MoneyGuide Pro. I appreciate the ability to access each client's financial plan from within the RedTail application. This is a time saver!

Cons

It does not integrate well with my broker dealer's client information system. As a result, repetitive data entry is required which wastes staff time.

August 2016

Charles from User

August 2016

Redtail Technology has a lot to learn it appears

As you use and look at Redtail Technology you will see that they have a habit of editing the way people see them. The software is supposed to be a goldmine of help and forward progress. The truth is countless people have stated it is a nightmare to use and implement. Plus, you can read this for more information. http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Redtail-Technology/Gold-River-California-95670/Redtail-Technology-employees-post-fake-reviews-to-edit-business-image-Redtail-Technolog-1321659

Sonja from Self Employed

Basic CRM application

Pros

Helped us keep organized with client interactions. I liked collaborating with my team & seeing all our interactions in one place.

Cons

Our team had difficulty deleting duplicate entries for some reason. Tried to seek help in rectifying issue & we ended up pretty frustrated. Before I left the company, we were working to migrate onto another CRM application.